Can a gang claim to be a "crip"

Discuss general gang topics that are not place specific or touch on multiple places.
Cookies

Can a gang claim to be a "crip"

Unread post by Cookies » July 8th, 2004, 7:29 am

if they don't have ties to LA?

I ask because I live in Victoria BC Canada and apparently we have "Crips" up here...

[url=http://www.canada.com/victoria/timescolonist/news/story.html?id=e6905989-d842-4723-bfe2-54c2b242d33f]This is the article I read[/url]

From all the stuff I've read from these forums and the rest of Alonso's website....I thought that in order to lay claim to being a crip or blood you had to have *some* kind of ties to LA.

And do gangs, crips or bloods, really pick fights with people who CLEARLY have nothing to do with gangs?

I personally think these morons have watched too many gangster movies and thought it looked cool.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Can a gang claim to be a "crip"

Unread post by K1LLJOY » July 8th, 2004, 7:54 pm

well for me personaly you dont have to have ties to la to be a blood or crip as long as you dont take any of our gang names and streets and try to make it into your own you gota be independent and create your own blood and crip set dont be a copy cat and about bloods and crips picking
fights with people that dont have nothing to do with gangs its not just bloods and crips that do thats its alot of gangs to me that sh-t is for
cowards kuz why pick on somebody who dont gangbang its weak

Shortty
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Shortty » July 10th, 2004, 1:55 pm

I believe to start a crip:
-You gotta be black (since the foundation of the crips was due in popular to black pride and black culture)
-Gotta be gully
-Your Hood should be a Hood and not in the sub-urbs

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » July 16th, 2004, 10:39 am

Thats ridiculous. Its like saying in order to be a Martial Artist you have to be Oriental cuz Asians invented a lot of the fighting arts over the past centuries. Or saying "you have to be White" to play basketball since a White man invented that sport.

Please you don't have to be Black to be a Crip. Infact, some of the earliest Crip sets in Los Angeles were not solely Black. Park Village Compton Crips (a lot of Samoans), Long Beach Sons of Samoa Crip gang,

Tonga Crips of Inglewood, Samoan Bounty Hunter Bloodz.
And now you have serious gangs like Asian Boyz claiming Blue as their main color.

Skin Color doesn't determine what you should be in life. Though some people would rather let their pigmentation speak for them rather than their mind and their voice.

Please man.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » July 17th, 2004, 10:21 am

real talk

dirrty

Unread post by dirrty » July 19th, 2004, 5:22 pm

I disagree, I think Crips & Bloods are a black gang there has been more young black men dead and imprisoned behind it than any other races ever will not to mention the earliest gangs were not samoans or tongans they were black.

K1LLJOY
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by K1LLJOY » July 20th, 2004, 1:48 pm

hey so what. bloods and crips in compton have samoan members so obviously we have other races in it

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » November 3rd, 2005, 8:27 pm

thats the most narrow minded shit i heard today... just bekause more blacks have been locked up or killed over it dont mean it should only consist of them... there are asians, hispanic's, white's, etc.. who bang harder then ur OG... the fact that more blacks have died and been locked up for it just means there are simply more blacks involved in it.. matta fact i kno asians and white boys who are quiker to body niggas then niggas themselves.. skin color dont determine where or what u can or kant belong too.. thats retarded... its like sayin more white people died in and 4 the US Marines so lets not let minorities join.. get outta here. theres ppl in every race who will fight n die 4 the kause

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » November 3rd, 2005, 10:08 pm

That was my old name. I don't feel like explaining myself if you don't like my comments stop :cry:

MrYayo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MrYayo » November 4th, 2005, 12:07 am

jeff wrote:That was my old name. I don't feel like explaining myself if you don't like my comments stop :cry:

Nobody cryin trick boy.He just sayin his opinion.

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » November 4th, 2005, 12:52 am

MrYayo wrote:

Thanks Mrs. Gayo it's nice of you to stick up for your boyfriend.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » November 4th, 2005, 11:33 am

jeff wrote:
MrYayo wrote:

Thanks Mrs. Gayo it's nice of you to stick up for your boyfriend.

:lol: ur on that net beef tip family... how kool r u... i voiced my opinion n u voiced urs n sum1 made a comment about it n u got defensive. this is the internet man... y the hell do ppl take shit to heart online

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » November 4th, 2005, 4:38 pm

Shortty wrote:I believe to start a crip:
-You gotta be black (since the foundation of the crips was due in popular to black pride and black culture)
-Gotta be gully

what do you think compton and south central is?

they're suburbs

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » November 4th, 2005, 6:32 pm

BABYBRAZE wrote:
:lol: ur on that net beef tip family... how kool r u... i voiced my opinion n u voiced urs n sum1 made a comment about it n u got defensive. this is the internet man... y the hell do ppl take shit to heart online

You're right, I agree about not taking the internet to heart. I'm ready to move on now if you are.

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » November 4th, 2005, 11:57 pm

jeff wrote:
BABYBRAZE wrote:

You're right, I agree about not taking the internet to heart. I'm ready to move on now if you are.

lol yea im ready fam

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 7th, 2005, 5:15 pm

Shortty wrote:I believe to start a crip:
-Gotta be gully

Tell that to all the Samoans in Park Village Compton Crip, 80's West Coast Crips, and almost all non-TRG Asians in Long Beach.

And people in suburbs can bang too, surburbs doesn't = soft.

Do you even know what a suburb is?
In case you didn't know, technically Compton is a suburb:

suburb - noun - 1 a : an outlying part of a city or town b : a smaller community adjacent to or within commuting distance of a city c plural : the residential area on the outskirts of a city or large town

Compton is a residential area outside of LA, thsu it is a suburb. So I guess there's no Crips there, huh? You should ride around Compton red flagging and shout about how there are no crabs left. Have fun in the suburbs!

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 7th, 2005, 5:18 pm

dirrty wrote:I disagree, I think Crips & Bloods are a black gang there has been more young black men dead and imprisoned behind it than any other races ever will not to mention the earliest gangs were not samoans or tongans they were black.

BS, the Asians had gangs before black were even freed. (not making this a racial debate here, I know that comment is on a sensitive subject, but it's the truth).

jeff
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jeff » November 8th, 2005, 11:16 am

End Violence NOW wrote:BS, the Asians had gangs before black were even freed. (not making this a racial debate here, I know that comment is on a sensitive subject, but it's the truth).

Well it is a sensitive subject just like if I called an asian a slope head or a gook, would be. Just wanted to point that out. When I said the earliest gangs it is reference to the earliest Bloods and Crips.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 8th, 2005, 5:55 pm

jeff wrote:
End Violence NOW wrote:BS, the Asians had gangs before black were even freed. (not making this a racial debate here, I know that comment is on a sensitive subject, but it's the truth).

Well it is a sensitive subject just like if I called an asian a slope head or a gook, would be. Just wanted to point that out. When I said the earliest gangs it is reference to the earliest Bloods and Crips.

WOW that is an ignorant reference. That is like me saying the earliest Mexican restaurants were Mexican, NO SHIT.

OF COURSE THE FIRST BLOOD AND CRIPS WERE BLACK, you said that ALL other gangs were wannabes.

ON TOP OF THAT a lot of other people get put on the set by Bloods and Crips. So if actual Bloods and Crips not only are okay with it but promoted it themselves, than what if your problem?

And no, the sensitive subject I talked about was slavery, which did happen. I was wrong, terrifying, dehumanizing, evil, and a reality of history. How is this the same as a racial slur? Did I say that we should enslave blacks? OF COURSE NOT. So how is stating history the same as maliciously calling "an asian a slope head or a gook." Where in my post did I insult black people?

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » November 9th, 2005, 10:38 pm

any body can claim anything they want the truth comes if they are excepted

43eccg
What city do you live in now?: brooklyn

Unread post by 43eccg » August 24th, 2008, 4:58 pm

INDIVISUALLY NOT EVERY BODY IS GOIN TO HAVE TIES TO L.A AS A UNIT YES THEY ALL HAVE TIES TO L.A IF THEY OFFICIAL ,THEY ALL KNO ABOUT THE BIG HOMIE THAT BROUGHT IT TO THE EAST AND MADE WAT OFFICAIL AND SHIT LIKE THAT YOU CANT MENTION CRIP WITHOUT THE WEST YEAH IT'S TWO DIFFERENT HISTORIES , THE EAST ND THE WEST BUT THEY LINK TO EACH OTHER , THERE WOULD BE NO EAST COAST CRIPS WITH OUT THE WEST COAST , IM 43 ECCG AND I RESPECT IT

NorthPhilly
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Philly

Unread post by NorthPhilly » October 3rd, 2008, 10:21 am

If you have your own gang already in place... why would you want to be associated with bloods or crips? You got your own shit, ride for your own dont try to copy somebody else.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 3rd, 2008, 8:35 pm

NorthPhilly wrote:If you have your own gang already in place... why would you want to be associated with bloods or crips? You got your own shit, ride for your own dont try to copy somebody else.

word dats what i been syain the whole time....i got respect fo all that sometimes its almost real but even if crips came to ur city and held it down why don yall niggaz form a gang and be affiliated with';em...not be them....even if its real its jst sometihn dats wierd u kno...livin in jersey n shit and sayin u a 5'2 hoover ..claimin a hood 2000 miles away...wen u grew up and threw up in ur bricks ...ur uncles and brotha's proly got shot in'em ridin with'em clicks and u gon claim another hood ..

damn i guess theres too much Funk in the G lol

activebasher
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: MIAMI.TULSA OKLA
Location: TULSA,OKLA IS MY HOME N WE HELLA ACTIVE IF U DIDNT KNOW NOW YA KNOW

Unread post by activebasher » October 8th, 2009, 11:14 am

I THINK SOME PEOPLE SHOULD ASK THEY SELF WHAT "WAS" THE PURPOSE OF BEING A CRIP ? AND WHAT ARE THE LONG TERM BENEFITS? BEFORE THEY LET THE BIG SCREEN INFLUENCE THEM

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » November 16th, 2009, 1:06 am

activebasher wrote:I THINK SOME PEOPLE SHOULD ASK THEY SELF WHAT "WAS" THE PURPOSE OF BEING A CRIP ? AND WHAT ARE THE LONG TERM BENEFITS? BEFORE THEY LET THE BIG SCREEN INFLUENCE THEM

how does it matter,,,,they will grow out of it and just say they were young and dumb

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - General - U.S.A.”