why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Silencioso » June 4th, 2011, 6:21 pm

West LA has a pretty large Asian population,up to 30% Asian in some areas. But there's no Asian gang activity at all. Not even an Asian tagging crew. The obvious answer is that the Asian community in West LA is middle class/affluent. But Torrance has Asian gangs and that's a middle class area, too. So, what's up?

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 165
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 3:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: 213
Contact:

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Proverbz » June 4th, 2011, 6:54 pm

there were tons of asian gangs bangin in the west los back in the days. all the pinoy and korean gangs were running wild in the eighties and nineties. if you ever heard of mayberry CYS then you would know that they were started by some asians from ktown CYS. the youngsters don't admit it but the OGz do. asian gang bangin in west los still exists but its not what it used to be. asian gangbangin was like a wildfire in the nineties due to reasons such as it was something new that went against asian stereotypes,there was an influx of refugees or immigrants, popularity due to exposure from the media, there were far less snitches, and far less police presence. it died out though because many people moved out of west los after the riots to settle in suburbs and thus you seen asian gangs pop up in other areas. asian gangs are not like chicano and black gangs because we don't usually hold down neighborhoods or blocks. it's not generational for asians like it is for others where their uncle, cousins, dads were all in a gang. For example, in korean families, it is rare to even have a family member that was involved in gangs. it's a disgrace to koreans because we strive to achieve a higher status in society. being a gang member is looked down upon and they are viewed as complete lowlifes. because of the stigma attached to being a failure in life, many korean gang members who don't get locked up or killed just end up being normal citizens. many go to college to attain a degree and you would never guess that they used to run around fighting, stabbing, shooting, selling drugs, and robbing. hope that gives you a little answer in why there seems to be no asian gangs in west los anymore.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Silencioso » June 4th, 2011, 9:57 pm

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant the far West Side of L.A. - Sawtelle, Mar Vista, Culver City, Palms, Venice, Santa Monica. There's a large Asian population in that part of town but no Asian gang presence, not even a little. South Bay cities like Torrance have some Asian gangs despite being nice areas so I was just curious.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by shing » June 5th, 2011, 2:34 am

Proverbz wrote:there were tons of asian gangs bangin in the west los back in the days. all the pinoy and korean gangs were running wild in the eighties and nineties. if you ever heard of mayberry CYS then you would know that they were started by some asians from ktown CYS. the youngsters don't admit it but the OGz do. asian gang bangin in west los still exists but its not what it used to be. asian gangbangin was like a wildfire in the nineties due to reasons such as it was something new that went against asian stereotypes,there was an influx of refugees or immigrants, popularity due to exposure from the media, there were far less snitches, and far less police presence. it died out though because many people moved out of west los after the riots to settle in suburbs and thus you seen asian gangs pop up in other areas. asian gangs are not like chicano and black gangs because we don't usually hold down neighborhoods or blocks. it's not generational for asians like it is for others where their uncle, cousins, dads were all in a gang. For example, in korean families, it is rare to even have a family member that was involved in gangs. it's a disgrace to koreans because we strive to achieve a higher status in society. being a gang member is looked down upon and they are viewed as complete lowlifes. because of the stigma attached to being a failure in life, many korean gang members who don't get locked up or killed just end up being normal citizens. many go to college to attain a degree and you would never guess that they used to run around fighting, stabbing, shooting, selling drugs, and robbing. hope that gives you a little answer in why there seems to be no asian gangs in west los anymore.
you got it backwards. Ktown CYS was started by Mayberry. I believe Cricket was the founding member of KTown CYS.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 165
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 3:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: 213
Contact:

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Proverbz » June 5th, 2011, 10:19 am

My homie was locked up with a mayberry CYS and he asked him if he ever heard of CYS. My homie said yeah and he told him that ktown started his hood.

Proverbz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 165
Joined: February 15th, 2007, 3:20 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: 213
Contact:

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Proverbz » June 5th, 2011, 10:37 am

then again this info can be wrong, i know for sure though that CYS was started by pinoys and asians.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 37
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by wickerman » June 5th, 2011, 11:49 am

shing wrote:
Proverbz wrote:there were tons of asian gangs bangin in the west los back in the days. all the pinoy and korean gangs were running wild in the eighties and nineties. if you ever heard of mayberry CYS then you would know that they were started by some asians from ktown CYS. the youngsters don't admit it but the OGz do. asian gang bangin in west los still exists but its not what it used to be. asian gangbangin was like a wildfire in the nineties due to reasons such as it was something new that went against asian stereotypes,there was an influx of refugees or immigrants, popularity due to exposure from the media, there were far less snitches, and far less police presence. it died out though because many people moved out of west los after the riots to settle in suburbs and thus you seen asian gangs pop up in other areas. asian gangs are not like chicano and black gangs because we don't usually hold down neighborhoods or blocks. it's not generational for asians like it is for others where their uncle, cousins, dads were all in a gang. For example, in korean families, it is rare to even have a family member that was involved in gangs. it's a disgrace to koreans because we strive to achieve a higher status in society. being a gang member is looked down upon and they are viewed as complete lowlifes. because of the stigma attached to being a failure in life, many korean gang members who don't get locked up or killed just end up being normal citizens. many go to college to attain a degree and you would never guess that they used to run around fighting, stabbing, shooting, selling drugs, and robbing. hope that gives you a little answer in why there seems to be no asian gangs in west los anymore.
you got it backwards. Ktown CYS was started by Mayberry. I believe Cricket was the founding member of KTown CYS.
cricket thats doing life in folsom?

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by shing » June 5th, 2011, 1:31 pm

wickerman wrote:
shing wrote:
Proverbz wrote:there were tons of asian gangs bangin in the west los back in the days. all the pinoy and korean gangs were running wild in the eighties and nineties. if you ever heard of mayberry CYS then you would know that they were started by some asians from ktown CYS. the youngsters don't admit it but the OGz do. asian gang bangin in west los still exists but its not what it used to be. asian gangbangin was like a wildfire in the nineties due to reasons such as it was something new that went against asian stereotypes,there was an influx of refugees or immigrants, popularity due to exposure from the media, there were far less snitches, and far less police presence. it died out though because many people moved out of west los after the riots to settle in suburbs and thus you seen asian gangs pop up in other areas. asian gangs are not like chicano and black gangs because we don't usually hold down neighborhoods or blocks. it's not generational for asians like it is for others where their uncle, cousins, dads were all in a gang. For example, in korean families, it is rare to even have a family member that was involved in gangs. it's a disgrace to koreans because we strive to achieve a higher status in society. being a gang member is looked down upon and they are viewed as complete lowlifes. because of the stigma attached to being a failure in life, many korean gang members who don't get locked up or killed just end up being normal citizens. many go to college to attain a degree and you would never guess that they used to run around fighting, stabbing, shooting, selling drugs, and robbing. hope that gives you a little answer in why there seems to be no asian gangs in west los anymore.
you got it backwards. Ktown CYS was started by Mayberry. I believe Cricket was the founding member of KTown CYS.
cricket thats doing life in folsom?
I know they caught that case for killing some ese from Aztlan. got away with it for a year but then had to run their mouths to show off and got pinched. Don't know where he is now, but my buddy Popeye from Asian Boys kicked him outta the cell in Calipatria because he said he was running with the southsiders.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Silencioso » June 5th, 2011, 7:19 pm

BACK ON TOPIC!

Why no Asian gangs in (Far) West LA? I grew up in the Sawtelle section of West LA. There was a large Japanese population plus assorted Pinoy, Chinese and Viets but no Asian gangs. A few Asian guys were down with local minor leaguer gangs/crews like West Side Punx, Suicidal and even Venice White Boys but no Asian exclusive gangs like Wah Chings, Satanas, Korean Killers etc. Is it a class thing? That would seem like the obvious answer but the problem with that theory is there a few Asian gangs in Torrance, which is a nice area. Not to mention burbs like Cerritos, Eagle Rock, Lakewood and West Covina with their Pinoy gangs. Is it because the Asian population in West LA is heavily Japanese?

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by shing » June 5th, 2011, 8:50 pm

Silencioso wrote:BACK ON TOPIC!

Why no Asian gangs in (Far) West LA? I grew up in the Sawtelle section of West LA. There was a large Japanese population plus assorted Pinoy, Chinese and Viets but no Asian gangs. A few Asian guys were down with local minor leaguer gangs/crews like West Side Punx, Suicidal and even Venice White Boys but no Asian exclusive gangs like Wah Chings, Satanas, Korean Killers etc. Is it a class thing? That would seem like the obvious answer but the problem with that theory is there a few Asian gangs in Torrance, which is a nice area. Not to mention burbs like Cerritos, Eagle Rock, Lakewood and West Covina with their Pinoy gangs. Is it because the Asian population in West LA is heavily Japanese?
I don't know why either but in the early 90s there were a few asian gangs in WLA. A Korean gang called BIS(Budasaris)sp?, MFK(Mother Fuckin Koreans), and there was another gang that was more mixed with pinoys, koreans, and Chinese. I forgot their name but one of their leaders was a white boy that got smoked while he was sitting in his car.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Cold Bear » June 7th, 2011, 10:34 am

Closest thing to anything you would call a gang on the far west side is YB which is not a gang at all more like a community / family organization (Yellow Brotherhood). That's originally stared when Japanese Americans lived over in the Crenshaw district. As they started moving up class-wise they came to the westside, to Venice, Mar Vista, Culver City, particularly. You still have the biggest Obon in West LA (Japanese day of the dead festival) at the Venice Japanese Community Center which is on Braddock down the road from Mar Vista Gardens. Japanese have a high intermarriage and high assimilation rate. They're not the type of community to form gangs even back when they were living in the Sawtelle area and got displaced with the Mexicans when they built the 405 through there.

Had a couple of Japanese homies who went to Venice and Culver City and they were cool w/ some of the gangsters but that wasn't really their thing. Think about it newer immigrating communities of Asians have a higher chance of starting gangs. Japanese were in So Cal the longest after Chinese. All those decades of not turning to criminal life, why would they start in the 90's? You heard maybe of the Ministers which was a Japanese motorcycle club but that was when the Japanese Americans lived around Crenshaw and went to Dorsey. You meet a lot of older Japanese folks, parents of the West La Asians going to Venice, and Culver City High, and they kinda talk Black cause they went to Dorsey LOL.

Pinoys adopted Mexican street culture pretty heavily and were in areas where there was a lot of Chicano and Pinoy representation, Koreans were around Mid City around 18 st. and others, and picked that up. then farther out in Cerritos same story, it's more working class.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Silencioso » June 8th, 2011, 1:14 pm

Cold Bear wrote:Closest thing to anything you would call a gang on the far west side is YB which is not a gang at all more like a community / family organization (Yellow Brotherhood). That's originally stared when Japanese Americans lived over in the Crenshaw district. As they started moving up class-wise they came to the westside, to Venice, Mar Vista, Culver City, particularly. You still have the biggest Obon in West LA (Japanese day of the dead festival) at the Venice Japanese Community Center which is on Braddock down the road from Mar Vista Gardens. Japanese have a high intermarriage and high assimilation rate. They're not the type of community to form gangs even back when they were living in the Sawtelle area and got displaced with the Mexicans when they built the 405 through there.

Had a couple of Japanese homies who went to Venice and Culver City and they were cool w/ some of the gangsters but that wasn't really their thing. Think about it newer immigrating communities of Asians have a higher chance of starting gangs. Japanese were in So Cal the longest after Chinese. All those decades of not turning to criminal life, why would they start in the 90's? You heard maybe of the Ministers which was a Japanese motorcycle club but that was when the Japanese Americans lived around Crenshaw and went to Dorsey. You meet a lot of older Japanese folks, parents of the West La Asians going to Venice, and Culver City High, and they kinda talk Black cause they went to Dorsey LOL.

Pinoys adopted Mexican street culture pretty heavily and were in areas where there was a lot of Chicano and Pinoy representation, Koreans were around Mid City around 18 st. and others, and picked that up. then farther out in Cerritos same story, it's more working class.
I recall Dorsey area Japanese acting kinda black. It was hilarious. They had a minor league gang in that area called Buddha Crips in the late 70's-early 80's, which may have been the first non-black gang to call themselves Crips. But in Sawtelle, the Japanese didn't have a gang. Not even the Yellow Brotherhood.

as far as being displaced by the 405, that was strictly a Mexican and poorer white folks event. Poorer apartment dwellers basically. The Japanese were safe on their nice tree lined streets.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Cold Bear » June 8th, 2011, 7:20 pm

Nah man my mother was around back then and she remembers Japanese Americans that got displaced when the 405 went up.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » August 9th, 2011, 10:54 pm

Back in the early to mid 90's, around 1995, my brother and my homeboy got jumped by some Wah Ching's who were supposedly somewhere in my turf, the Palms, somewhere over by the shopping center where Vons is at on National blvd, when my brother and my homeboy came back to the house, and told us what happened, we immediately went to the shopping center, patrolled the surrounding neighborhood, and the Wah Chings were nowhere to be found!, but on the real, we nor anybody else even knew there was an Asian gang in the neighborhood, they didn't hang out anywhere!, we never saw them!, if we did, we mistook them for Asian taggers with the suped up Hondas and paid them no mind, because we were already at war with other crips, mexicans, and we had some static with some undercover bloods who were going to Hamilton High School. Years later, like maybe 1999 or 2000, we ran into the Wah Ching's again on Palms and Sepulveda, had a verbal confrontation, they got disrespectful, talkin' about the Palms was their neighborhood, and we ran thru their pockets!!! No disrespect toward them at all, but we really almost never witnessed any Asian gangs in West L.A. When I went to Venice High School's continuation, there was a filipino dude their named Marvin who was down as fuck!, and he was the homie!!. but I don't know or remember where he was from. I think he was probably from a mexican gang, but I doubt it though...


Silencioso wrote:Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant the far West Side of L.A. - Sawtelle, Mar Vista, Culver City, Palms, Venice, Santa Monica. There's a large Asian population in that part of town but no Asian gang presence, not even a little. South Bay cities like Torrance have some Asian gangs despite being nice areas so I was just curious.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by xxx » August 10th, 2011, 5:03 pm

LMAO @Blastin on Fools getting rolled up by Wah Chings.

Running home crying about being beat on by some Asians that claim your Hood.

Man if y'all don't drop the Crip from your name already!

Talking about y'all never seem them before. Nigga that's what they saying about y'all

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 37
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by wickerman » August 10th, 2011, 5:29 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:Back in the early to mid 90's, around 1995, my brother and my homeboy got jumped by some Wah Ching's who were supposedly somewhere in my turf, the Palms, somewhere over by the shopping center where Vons is at on National blvd, when my brother and my homeboy came back to the house, and told us what happened, we immediately went to the shopping center, patrolled the surrounding neighborhood, and the Wah Chings were nowhere to be found!, but on the real, we nor anybody else even knew there was an Asian gang in the neighborhood, they didn't hang out anywhere!, we never saw them!, if we did, we mistook them for Asian taggers with the suped up Hondas and paid them no mind, because we were already at war with other crips, mexicans, and we had some static with some undercover bloods who were going to Hamilton High School. Years later, like maybe 1999 or 2000, we ran into the Wah Ching's again on Palms and Sepulveda, had a verbal confrontation, they got disrespectful, talkin' about the Palms was their neighborhood, and we ran thru their pockets!!! No disrespect toward them at all, but we really almost never witnessed any Asian gangs in West L.A. When I went to Venice High School's continuation, there was a filipino dude their named Marvin who was down as fu--!, and he was the homie!!. but I don't know or remember where he was from. I think he was probably from a mexican gang, but I doubt it though...


Silencioso wrote:Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant the far West Side of L.A. - Sawtelle, Mar Vista, Culver City, Palms, Venice, Santa Monica. There's a large Asian population in that part of town but no Asian gang presence, not even a little. South Bay cities like Torrance have some Asian gangs despite being nice areas so I was just curious.

if this is tru this is pretty hilarious. wah ching rarely funked wid other races, cuz black n mexican gangs never really messed with their paper. chingstas was always about that paper.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by shing » August 11th, 2011, 10:15 am

xxx wrote:LMAO @Blastin on Fools getting rolled up by Wah Chings.

Running home crying about being beat on by some Asians that claim your Hood.

Man if y'all don't drop the Crip from your name already!

Talking about y'all never seem them before. Nigga that's what they saying about y'all
this is strange because i have never seen any WC this far west and I've lived on the westside for over 30 years.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » August 12th, 2011, 11:30 pm

You're a fag you bitch ass nonfactor!, why is your scary ass even talkin' shit when you never even gang banged in your entire, weenie ass life?, that shit happened wayy back in like 92 or 93, but your faggot ass didn't wanna read where I said we ran thru their pockets when we ran into them again YEARS LATER! FAG!, if you don't stop ridin' dick already you groupie ass clown!, nobody has ever seen your scary, fag azz in real life, that's why you talk so much shit from behind a computer!, you scary, gay, faggot azz weenie! Lmao


xxx wrote:LMAO @Blastin on Fools getting rolled up by Wah Chings.

Running home crying about being beat on by some Asians that claim your Hood.

Man if y'all don't drop the Crip from your name already!

Talking about y'all never seem them before. Nigga that's what they saying about y'all

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » August 12th, 2011, 11:38 pm

That's not true homie, because Asians get into with mexicans all the time, and sometimes blacks too, but Asians always go at it with mexicans because sometimes, some asians adopt hispanic culture, shave their heads bald, wear extra big, baggy clothes, and even adopt hispanic style names for themselves, that's why in prison, the hispanics put the so called "green light" on the Asians, because other Asians claim Crip and Blood as well, also, when the Asians go at it with the hispanics, it's usually a bunch of youngsters/taggers, if the older Asians go at it with the Hispanics, it's because mexicans don't like Asians anyway, like I said, sometimes, Asians adopt hispanic culture and the mexicans look at them as wannabes, or the Asians that stay solid and keep their own culture are like opposition to hispanics


wickerman wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:Back in the early to mid 90's, around 1995, my brother and my homeboy got jumped by some Wah Ching's who were supposedly somewhere in my turf, the Palms, somewhere over by the shopping center where Vons is at on National blvd, when my brother and my homeboy came back to the house, and told us what happened, we immediately went to the shopping center, patrolled the surrounding neighborhood, and the Wah Chings were nowhere to be found!, but on the real, we nor anybody else even knew there was an Asian gang in the neighborhood, they didn't hang out anywhere!, we never saw them!, if we did, we mistook them for Asian taggers with the suped up Hondas and paid them no mind, because we were already at war with other crips, mexicans, and we had some static with some undercover bloods who were going to Hamilton High School. Years later, like maybe 1999 or 2000, we ran into the Wah Ching's again on Palms and Sepulveda, had a verbal confrontation, they got disrespectful, talkin' about the Palms was their neighborhood, and we ran thru their pockets!!! No disrespect toward them at all, but we really almost never witnessed any Asian gangs in West L.A. When I went to Venice High School's continuation, there was a filipino dude their named Marvin who was down as fu--!, and he was the homie!!. but I don't know or remember where he was from. I think he was probably from a mexican gang, but I doubt it though...


Silencioso wrote:Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant the far West Side of L.A. - Sawtelle, Mar Vista, Culver City, Palms, Venice, Santa Monica. There's a large Asian population in that part of town but no Asian gang presence, not even a little. South Bay cities like Torrance have some Asian gangs despite being nice areas so I was just curious.

if this is tru this is pretty hilarious. wah ching rarely funked wid other races, because black n mexican gangs never really messed with their paper. chingstas was always about that paper.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » August 12th, 2011, 11:47 pm

When my brother and my homeboy came back to the house, they didn't have a scratch on them!, they didn't even look like anything happened to them, so nobody got rolled up by anybody you bitch ass troll, and I was definitely wrong about the time frame, because in 95, we were already goin' at it with bloods, mexicans, and any napps who were tryin' to check into Hamilton, aside from other shit we were handlin' outside the hood, and there were NO asians actively bangin' NOWHERE in West L.A., when my lil brother and the homie ran into the Wah Chings, that was a chance, random encounter!, before that, we NEVER ran into them, and that's why we didn't see them again until YEARS LATER!, all that time we were actively bangin' in the Palms, WE NEVER SAW THEM OR ANY ASIANS AT ALL! YOU FAGGOT AZZ VICTIM, LIKE I SAID BEFORE, YOU SOUND LIKE WE VICTIMIZED YOUR BITCH ASS BEFORE! BITCH! LMAO!



xxx wrote:LMAO @Blastin on Fools getting rolled up by Wah Chings.

Running home crying about being beat on by some Asians that claim your Hood.

Man if y'all don't drop the Crip from your name already!

Talking about y'all never seem them before. Nigga that's what they saying about y'all

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by xxx » August 14th, 2011, 6:35 pm

:roll:

User avatar
thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 305
Joined: February 10th, 2007, 9:26 pm
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area
Location: Harbor Area

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » August 17th, 2011, 6:13 pm

whats the point of gangs when there are no gangs to bang against? besides venice and some parts of culver city there is no reason for any asian gang to pop up.

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 72
Joined: November 1st, 2008, 6:11 pm
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by SDmofo » August 19th, 2011, 10:48 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:That's not true homie, because Asians get into with mexicans all the time, and sometimes blacks too, but Asians always go at it with mexicans because sometimes, some asians adopt hispanic culture, shave their heads bald, wear extra big, baggy clothes, and even adopt hispanic style names for themselves, that's why in prison, the hispanics put the so called "green light" on the Asians
Asians gangs HAD similarities in dress but thats where it stopped. Asians don't go around calling eachother ese unless theyre from an ese hood.

The greenlight was on Asians because Long Beach Asian Gangs were spanking Longo and BP. ES Longo couldn't handle their shit and made up a bunch of lies.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » August 21st, 2011, 7:22 pm

I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.

SDmofo wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:That's not true homie, because Asians get into with mexicans all the time, and sometimes blacks too, but Asians always go at it with mexicans because sometimes, some asians adopt hispanic culture, shave their heads bald, wear extra big, baggy clothes, and even adopt hispanic style names for themselves, that's why in prison, the hispanics put the so called "green light" on the Asians
Asians gangs HAD similarities in dress but thats where it stopped. Asians don't go around calling eachother ese unless theyre from an ese hood.

The greenlight was on Asians because Long Beach Asian Gangs were spanking Longo and BP. ES Longo couldn't handle their shit and made up a bunch of lies.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 23rd, 2011, 7:43 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.

SDmofo wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:That's not true homie, because Asians get into with mexicans all the time, and sometimes blacks too, but Asians always go at it with mexicans because sometimes, some asians adopt hispanic culture, shave their heads bald, wear extra big, baggy clothes, and even adopt hispanic style names for themselves, that's why in prison, the hispanics put the so called "green light" on the Asians
Asians gangs HAD similarities in dress but thats where it stopped. Asians don't go around calling eachother ese unless theyre from an ese hood.

The greenlight was on Asians because Long Beach Asian Gangs were spanking Longo and BP. ES Longo couldn't handle their shit and made up a bunch of lies.

It, the greenlight, all started in the beach mang. I'll tell you from someone who was in the thick of it when we got lit though, admittedly, I was on the tail end of that generation (started banging LB ABZ in 93 in my early teens, really early teens). It wasn't strictly because we "Adopted" or "jacked" the style that got us lit. A lot, and I mean a lot was going on behind the scenes we knew not much about, mainly the drug trade eme was pushing through behind their fake ass "rules" and "hispanic pride" peace BS. Ain't no secret how deep Longos were, and probably still are into that aspect, and we were a HUGE wrench in those gears of progress. To us, it was more along the lines of "you push us, we push back harder". "You impose rules of 'no woman or children' yet kill our women and children, then we spray your entire complex."
The rules were nothing more than double standards to us, they can break them because the people they broke them on were Asian, but if it were a White or a Hispanic it's a dif story, even blacks got more respect on that front than we did.
Anyways, basically what most folks hear/heard was that we broke rules like we still did drivebyes and shit like that but we didn't bust drivebyes dude, we'd pull up, get out and walk up just like anyone else. You know, as you've admitted, we weren't scared man, lots of the big(ger) homies seen real war dude, aint scared of some bullets. But what I was told, by some homies from Barrio Pobre and South Gate MLSx3 was that some of the "wrong people" got tagged, meaning big deal people from the E/S Longo, and thats what set it off. Thats what got specific hoods tagged, namely TRG (all Asian E/S LB gangs were in it, but TR got all the attention and TR took all the heat, from media and the streets, but ask any true head from those times, there was even a peace treaty amongst Asian hoods in the Beach that only fists could fly if beef popped, bullets were to be aimed at Chongos. ABZ/TRG would roll on missions together even), anyways TRG got the greenlight in the system and on the streets, but on the inside TR wouldn't claim because...well...they aint dumb ya know? So then the light hit "All Cambodians from Long beach" but, and no offense homie, most mexicans aren't too bright to tell the dif between a Khmer and a Korean or Pinoy, hell most people in general cant. So it was just "All Asians" after that because, well, all asians were getting lit up inside.

So what happened then was, all Asians were getting lit up but a lot of them were fighting back which, as you know, kinda goes against the whole "getting taxed" idea inside, you're not supposed to fight back, so then it was really really on, and so it went, and so it happened.

After all these years, the stories get twisted, by both sides, and it turns into racial dumbshit. But trust, homie, I got friends, real friends, from both sides, even hoods like Barrio Pobre (cuz we were cool before H/A Sur movement pushed them into the beef, just like we were cool with W/S Longo during the start of the beef) and they know the deal just like I do.
Aint bout race, just politics at it's worst.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » August 23rd, 2011, 7:43 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.

SDmofo wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:That's not true homie, because Asians get into with mexicans all the time, and sometimes blacks too, but Asians always go at it with mexicans because sometimes, some asians adopt hispanic culture, shave their heads bald, wear extra big, baggy clothes, and even adopt hispanic style names for themselves, that's why in prison, the hispanics put the so called "green light" on the Asians
Asians gangs HAD similarities in dress but thats where it stopped. Asians don't go around calling eachother ese unless theyre from an ese hood.

The greenlight was on Asians because Long Beach Asian Gangs were spanking Longo and BP. ES Longo couldn't handle their shit and made up a bunch of lies.

It, the greenlight, all started in the beach mang. I'll tell you from someone who was in the thick of it when we got lit though, admittedly, I was on the tail end of that generation (started banging LB ABZ in 93 in my early teens, really early teens). It wasn't strictly because we "Adopted" or "jacked" the style that got us lit. A lot, and I mean a lot was going on behind the scenes we knew not much about, mainly the drug trade eme was pushing through behind their fake ass "rules" and "hispanic pride" peace BS. Ain't no secret how deep Longos were, and probably still are into that aspect, and we were a HUGE wrench in those gears of progress. To us, it was more along the lines of "you push us, we push back harder". "You impose rules of 'no woman or children' yet kill our women and children, then we spray your entire complex."
The rules were nothing more than double standards to us, they can break them because the people they broke them on were Asian, but if it were a White or a Hispanic it's a dif story, even blacks got more respect on that front than we did.
Anyways, basically what most folks hear/heard was that we broke rules like we still did drivebyes and shit like that but we didn't bust drivebyes dude, we'd pull up, get out and walk up just like anyone else. You know, as you've admitted, we weren't scared man, lots of the big(ger) homies seen real war dude, aint scared of some bullets. But what I was told, by some homies from Barrio Pobre and South Gate MLSx3 was that some of the "wrong people" got tagged, meaning big deal people from the E/S Longo, and thats what set it off. Thats what got specific hoods tagged, namely TRG (all Asian E/S LB gangs were in it, but TR got all the attention and TR took all the heat, from media and the streets, but ask any true head from those times, there was even a peace treaty amongst Asian hoods in the Beach that only fists could fly if beef popped, bullets were to be aimed at Chongos. ABZ/TRG would roll on missions together even), anyways TRG got the greenlight in the system and on the streets, but on the inside TR wouldn't claim because...well...they aint dumb ya know? So then the light hit "All Cambodians from Long beach" but, and no offense homie, most mexicans aren't too bright to tell the dif between a Khmer and a Korean or Pinoy, hell most people in general cant. So it was just "All Asians" after that because, well, all asians were getting lit up inside.

So what happened then was, all Asians were getting lit up but a lot of them were fighting back which, as you know, kinda goes against the whole "getting taxed" idea inside, you're not supposed to fight back, so then it was really really on, and so it went, and so it happened.

After all these years, the stories get twisted, by both sides, and it turns into racial dumbshit. But trust, homie, I got friends, real friends, from both sides, even hoods like Barrio Pobre (cuz we were cool before H/A Sur movement pushed them into the beef, just like we were cool with W/S Longo during the start of the beef) and they know the deal just like I do.
Aint bout race, just politics at it's worst.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Silencioso » August 24th, 2011, 6:02 pm

Cold Bear wrote:Nah man my mother was around back then and she remembers Japanese Americans that got displaced when the 405 went up.
And you know for a fact no whites were displaced? Anybody who's in the way of a city project get's displaced! What do you think "OH there's white people living there, forget the freeway!"

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 27th, 2011, 2:31 pm

LOL dog I never said that. You the only one disputing who was displaced by the freeway.

SDmofo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 72
Joined: November 1st, 2008, 6:11 pm
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by SDmofo » August 28th, 2011, 10:25 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.

At least you givin Asians credit man. You know whats up unlike a lot of other people out there. When i was comin up we beefed just as much with Hispanics as we did with other Asians.

Im also not surprised by your WC story. WC had a grip of busters. I've heard this over and over. You had a handful of WC that were DOWN for their shit and a gang of fools that made their hood look bad. Some of those WC delve into the gangbangin lifestyle harder than others. Some of them barely stuck their toes in the water and got out with no baggage. I went to college in Norcal and i met some fools claiming they were ex WC. Dudes looked and talked like some weenies. While i've met some WC in my day that looked like they were down for their shit.

The only fools that talk about WC like it was some mythical creature is Korean fools and Taiwanese kids that had a brother or cousin in WC.

wickerman
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 37
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 4:55 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by wickerman » August 29th, 2011, 8:56 am

SDmofo wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.

At least you givin Asians credit man. You know whats up unlike a lot of other people out there. When i was comin up we beefed just as much with Hispanics as we did with other Asians.

Im also not surprised by your WC story. WC had a grip of busters. I've heard this over and over. You had a handful of WC that were DOWN for their shit and a gang of fools that made their hood look bad. Some of those WC delve into the gangbangin lifestyle harder than others. Some of them barely stuck their toes in the water and got out with no baggage. I went to college in Norcal and i met some fools claiming they were ex WC. Dudes looked and talked like some weenies. While i've met some WC in my day that looked like they were down for their shit.

The only fools that talk about WC like it was some mythical creature is Korean fools and Taiwanese kids that had a brother or cousin in WC.

WC did mass recruiting, thats y there was like 10 busters to every rider. they had 0 quality control, and basically anyone could walk into the hood. i think this was late 90s and early 2000's when they went on mass recruiting. seems like everyone n their momma was in dub c. esp bad the recruiting was like t-side and sonny side.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by judastaugamma » August 31st, 2011, 10:27 pm

a lot of the asians that live in the west side are upper class. most of west l.a. is high income places for the most part.

also that "percentage" of asians is misleading.

a lot of asians go to u.c.l.a. so they bump up the population of asians in the surrounding cities.

also asians doesn't just mean east and southeast asians.

a lot of indians or south/southwest asians in west l.a.

mar vista has a lot of south/southwest asians.

User avatar
thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 305
Joined: February 10th, 2007, 9:26 pm
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area
Location: Harbor Area

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » October 1st, 2011, 3:17 pm

judastaugamma wrote:a lot of the asians that live in the west side are upper class. most of west l.a. is high income places for the most part.

also that "percentage" of asians is misleading.

a lot of asians go to u.c.l.a. so they bump up the population of asians in the surrounding cities.

also asians doesn't just mean east and southeast asians.

a lot of indians or south/southwest asians in west l.a.

mar vista has a lot of south/southwest asians.
so to sum it up..there's barely any asians in west LA.

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Asian & White gangs”