why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Discuss Asian and White gangs in Los Angeles County.
shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by shing » October 1st, 2011, 5:21 pm

thonkoboy2000 wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:a lot of the asians that live in the west side are upper class. most of west l.a. is high income places for the most part.

also that "percentage" of asians is misleading.

a lot of asians go to u.c.l.a. so they bump up the population of asians in the surrounding cities.

also asians doesn't just mean east and southeast asians.

a lot of indians or south/southwest asians in west l.a.

mar vista has a lot of south/southwest asians.
so to sum it up..there's barely any asians in west LA.
there's plenty

User avatar
thonkoboy2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 305
Joined: February 10th, 2007, 9:26 pm
What city do you live in now?: Harbor Area
Location: Harbor Area

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by thonkoboy2000 » October 2nd, 2011, 4:09 pm

shing wrote:
thonkoboy2000 wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:a lot of the asians that live in the west side are upper class. most of west l.a. is high income places for the most part.

also that "percentage" of asians is misleading.

a lot of asians go to u.c.l.a. so they bump up the population of asians in the surrounding cities.

also asians doesn't just mean east and southeast asians.

a lot of indians or south/southwest asians in west l.a.

mar vista has a lot of south/southwest asians.
so to sum it up..there's barely any asians in west LA.
there's plenty

from what i've seen..there's a couple of koreans there and there..if we're strictly talking about east/s.east asians.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 4th, 2011, 8:48 am

Bottom line is this, the asians in West L.A. don't bang. West L.A. has always had an Asian population, but they were always middle class, like I said, when me and my homies ran into the Wah Chings, that was extremely rare, black and latino gangs have always dominated and controlled West L.A., and overshadowed any Asian gangs that MIGHT have been in West L.A., one thing for sure is that if there were any Asian gangs in West L.A., they did not claim, bang, or represent any street or block in West L.A., they just lived there.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by judastaugamma » October 4th, 2011, 8:24 pm

shing wrote:there's plenty
where?

the nice upper/upper middle class neighborhoods?

west l.a. is what?

beverly hills , bel air , culver city , westwood , sawtelle , santa monica , venice , etc.

not really known for large asian populations , unless you count westwood and that's because of all the asians who go to ucla.

closest to west l.a. that has large asian populations is probably torrance/gardena area.

but that's south bay not west l.a.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by judastaugamma » October 4th, 2011, 8:40 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:Bottom line is this, the asians in West L.A. don't bang. West L.A. has always had an Asian population, but they were always middle class, like I said, when me and my homies ran into the Wah Chings, that was extremely rare, black and latino gangs have always dominated and controlled West L.A., and overshadowed any Asian gangs that MIGHT have been in West L.A., one thing for sure is that if there were any Asian gangs in West L.A., they did not claim, bang, or represent any street or block in West L.A., they just lived there.
i don't know if things have changed since i was younger but growing up in the 90's , there was no asian gangs in west l.a.

all one has to do is remember what the major asian gangs are or were. wah ching , asian boyz , satanas , tiny rascal gang , etc.

they're either l.a. l.a. , san fernando and san gabriel valley or in and around long beach.

generally where those gangs are is where most asian gangs are.

where wah ching is/was will generally be where other chinese/vietnamese gangs will be. where asian boyz is/was will generally be where other cambodian/vietnamese gangs will be. where satanas is/was will generally be where most filipino gangs will be and so on.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by judastaugamma » October 4th, 2011, 9:52 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.
i think the asian gangs you see that seem to look/act hispanic are most likely filipino gangs from l.a.

temple st. 13 had a pinoy (filipino) clique.

satanas (the largest filipino gang in l.a. at one time) came from temple st. 13 (though some of them denies this , from what i know it's true).

plus satanas turned sur as well. at least some of them. i've run into sts that ran asian and deny that they are 13. though i've seen satanas that ran sur on the inside. not just hispanic satanas members but asian ones as well. in fact , for a time when i was in country , the shotcaller for baker row in 3400 (sur gang module) was a pinoy guy from sts. i can't remember his name at the moment , it's been a long time.


there are however asian gang members who dress sur style but they don't act or support sur.

van nuys asian boyz youngsters from the 90's in san fernando valley use to dress straight cholo 90's style. ben davis , friscos , cortez , locs , those charlie brown shirts , etc.

funny thing is though , from growing up back then , eses had more respect for the asians who dressed cholo than the asians who dressed casual.

i use to go to van nuys high and knew a lot of the barrio van nuys and vanowen st. guys who went there. they look at asian gangsters that dressed casual or normal as wannabes play gangsters.

at the time , there was a cambodian and filipino from asian boyz who dressed straight cholo at school with us. the bvn and vanowen showed them respect. never tripped on them or anything. they thought if an asian gang member dressed cholo , he was representing himself as a gangster. if an asian gangster dressed all casual , they thought he was trying to hide he's a gang member or something.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 5th, 2011, 9:41 am

You're saying exactly what I already said. There are no Asian gangs in West L.A., like I also said, if there were any Asian gangs in West L.A., or better yet, let me rephrase that, if there were Asian gang members or bangers in West L.A., they did not claim, bang, or represent any street or block in West L.A. Why?, because they just lived there, and like I also said, Black and Latino gangs have always dominated and controlled West L.A.


judastaugamma wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:Bottom line is this, the asians in West L.A. don't bang. West L.A. has always had an Asian population, but they were always middle class, like I said, when me and my homies ran into the Wah Chings, that was extremely rare, black and latino gangs have always dominated and controlled West L.A., and overshadowed any Asian gangs that MIGHT have been in West L.A., one thing for sure is that if there were any Asian gangs in West L.A., they did not claim, bang, or represent any street or block in West L.A., they just lived there.
i don't know if things have changed since i was younger but growing up in the 90's , there was no asian gangs in west l.a.

all one has to do is remember what the major asian gangs are or were. wah ching , asian boyz , satanas , tiny rascal gang , etc.

they're either l.a. l.a. , san fernando and san gabriel valley or in and around long beach.

generally where those gangs are is where most asian gangs are.

where wah ching is/was will generally be where other chinese/vietnamese gangs will be. where asian boyz is/was will generally be where other cambodian/vietnamese gangs will be. where satanas is/was will generally be where most filipino gangs will be and so on.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 5th, 2011, 10:09 am

You're exactly right, like I mentioned, I've seen some Asian gang members who looked and dressed like cholos, but they were not from hispanic gangs, they maintained their own Asian culture, whichever culture it was, but they either looked like mexican cholos or taggers, and yes, some of these Asian gang members may have lived in West L.A., but they only lived there, they did not bang, claim, or represent any street or block in West L.A., because like you said, their neighborhoods were in the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Rowland Heights, parts of Orange County, places like that, and when you say the eses had more respect for the Asians who dressed like cholos than the Asians who dressed casual, that's because the Asians who dressed like cholos were outright bangin', and them eses knew they were formidable opponents, them Asians who dressed like cholos weren't no punks and were really bangin', with the business, the Asians who dressed casual were not and are not really taken seriously because they are tryin' to hide their gang affiliation and they're not hardcore, they go to school, get good grades, in honors classes and everything, and gang bangin' is like secondary to them, the casual dressed Asians might claim a gang affiliation so they won't get robbed, taken advantage of, or they're ridin' the fame of family members who might be gang affiliated, etc, that's like niggas walkin' down the street with tight, skinny jeans, but tryin' to claim a gang, people look at foos like that and laugh, I know I would!, and I have!,lmao!!! If you bangin', you have to look the part! Blue Khaki suit, blue Chuck Taylor's with the fat Royal Blue or Navy Blue laces in them, Khaki shorts with a blue or white t-shirt, blue British Knights with the BK on the side, Red Khaki suits, red Khaki shorts with a red or white t-shirt, red Calvin Klein's with the cK on the side, red Chuck Taylors with the fat red laces, Ben Davis suits, Cortez Nikes, Locs shades, bald heads, cornrows, ponytails, etc, that's how real gang members dress.


judastaugamma wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.
i think the asian gangs you see that seem to look/act hispanic are most likely filipino gangs from l.a.

temple st. 13 had a pinoy (filipino) clique.

satanas (the largest filipino gang in l.a. at one time) came from temple st. 13 (though some of them denies this , from what i know it's true).

plus satanas turned sur as well. at least some of them. i've run into sts that ran asian and deny that they are 13. though i've seen satanas that ran sur on the inside. not just hispanic satanas members but asian ones as well. in fact , for a time when i was in country , the shotcaller for baker row in 3400 (sur gang module) was a pinoy guy from sts. i can't remember his name at the moment , it's been a long time.


there are however asian gang members who dress sur style but they don't act or support sur.

van nuys asian boyz youngsters from the 90's in san fernando valley use to dress straight cholo 90's style. ben davis , friscos , cortez , locs , those charlie brown shirts , etc.

funny thing is though , from growing up back then , eses had more respect for the asians who dressed cholo than the asians who dressed casual.

i use to go to van nuys high and knew a lot of the barrio van nuys and vanowen st. guys who went there. they look at asian gangsters that dressed casual or normal as wannabes play gangsters.

at the time , there was a cambodian and filipino from asian boyz who dressed straight cholo at school with us. the bvn and vanowen showed them respect. never tripped on them or anything. they thought if an asian gang member dressed cholo , he was representing himself as a gangster. if an asian gangster dressed all casual , they thought he was trying to hide he's a gang member or something.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by Silencioso » October 6th, 2011, 3:21 pm

WLA Palms is right. West LA has always been dominated by Mexican and Black gangs. Asians have never been a factor, although I'm still not sure why. Sawtelle had a big Japanese American community when I was growing up but no Jap gang, unlike Crenshaw which had Buddha Crips and the East Side which had Marshall Homeboys.

shing
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 319
Joined: October 24th, 2008, 8:22 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by shing » October 6th, 2011, 3:39 pm

WLA PALMS wrote:You're exactly right, like I mentioned, I've seen some Asian gang members who looked and dressed like cholos, but they were not from hispanic gangs, they maintained their own Asian culture, whichever culture it was, but they either looked like mexican cholos or taggers, and yes, some of these Asian gang members may have lived in West L.A., but they only lived there, they did not bang, claim, or represent any street or block in West L.A., because like you said, their neighborhoods were in the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Rowland Heights, parts of Orange County, places like that, and when you say the eses had more respect for the Asians who dressed like cholos than the Asians who dressed casual, that's because the Asians who dressed like cholos were outright bangin', and them eses knew they were formidable opponents, them Asians who dressed like cholos weren't no punks and were really bangin', with the business, the Asians who dressed casual were not and are not really taken seriously because they are tryin' to hide their gang affiliation and they're not hardcore, they go to school, get good grades, in honors classes and everything, and gang bangin' is like secondary to them, the casual dressed Asians might claim a gang affiliation so they won't get robbed, taken advantage of, or they're ridin' the fame of family members who might be gang affiliated, etc, that's like niggas walkin' down the street with tight, skinny jeans, but tryin' to claim a gang, people look at foos like that and laugh, I know I would!, and I have!,lmao!!! If you bangin', you have to look the part! Blue Khaki suit, blue Chuck Taylor's with the fat Royal Blue or Navy Blue laces in them, Khaki shorts with a blue or white t-shirt, blue British Knights with the BK on the side, Red Khaki suits, red Khaki shorts with a red or white t-shirt, red Calvin Klein's with the cK on the side, red Chuck Taylors with the fat red laces, Ben Davis suits, Cortez Nikes, Locs shades, bald heads, cornrows, ponytails, etc, that's how real gang members dress.


judastaugamma wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.
i think the asian gangs you see that seem to look/act hispanic are most likely filipino gangs from l.a.

temple st. 13 had a pinoy (filipino) clique.

satanas (the largest filipino gang in l.a. at one time) came from temple st. 13 (though some of them denies this , from what i know it's true).

plus satanas turned sur as well. at least some of them. i've run into sts that ran asian and deny that they are 13. though i've seen satanas that ran sur on the inside. not just hispanic satanas members but asian ones as well. in fact , for a time when i was in country , the shotcaller for baker row in 3400 (sur gang module) was a pinoy guy from sts. i can't remember his name at the moment , it's been a long time.


there are however asian gang members who dress sur style but they don't act or support sur.

van nuys asian boyz youngsters from the 90's in san fernando valley use to dress straight cholo 90's style. ben davis , friscos , cortez , locs , those charlie brown shirts , etc.

funny thing is though , from growing up back then , eses had more respect for the asians who dressed cholo than the asians who dressed casual.

i use to go to van nuys high and knew a lot of the barrio van nuys and vanowen st. guys who went there. they look at asian gangsters that dressed casual or normal as wannabes play gangsters.

at the time , there was a cambodian and filipino from asian boyz who dressed straight cholo at school with us. the bvn and vanowen showed them respect. never tripped on them or anything. they thought if an asian gang member dressed cholo , he was representing himself as a gangster. if an asian gangster dressed all casual , they thought he was trying to hide he's a gang member or something.
Looking the part is the lamest thing you can do. All you're doing is announcing to the world that you bang or wannabe bang. Good luck trying to sneak up on anyone. You don't see many Asians in W.LA because they're low key. I've lived on the westside for over 30 years, and I see tons of Asians nowadays. BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the way you dress doesn't determine how "down" you are.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 6th, 2011, 6:24 pm

You're saying the same thing I already said, no kidding that Asians in West L.A. are low key, that's what I've been sayin', Asians in West L.A. don't bang, and if they do, they don't claim, bang, or represent any street or block in West L.A., like I keep sayin', they just live there, and Asians in West L.A. are middle class to almost upper middle class, they work white collar jobs and can afford the mortgage on that half million/million dollar house, and it don't matter how you dress, you can sneak up on and get anybody!, when you strike your enemy when they least expect it, you've accomplished the element of surprise and snuck up on them, it doesn't matter if it's a drive by or you're walkin' up and down the street looking for them, whether I'm wearin' my colors or wearin' all black, if you catch me wearing all black in the middle of the night, you know I'm up to no good, if you catch your enemies when they least expect you, you've accomplished element of surprise, just like you say that the way you dress does not determine how down you are, you're right about that, because I know a bunch of weenies and busters who looked hardcore, draped down in his khaki suit, Ben Davis suit, bald head, cornrows, locs, tattoos and all, and I still put them on their ass!!! Gang members wearin' their colors and gang attire is no different than the Mafia wearing a 2000 dollar suit!, so what's your point?, the police still know who they are, and what they're doing. I too have lived on the Westside for over 30 years myself, it's just that NOW, I'm just now seeing more Asians and whites in my part of West L.A. where I grew up, in the La-Cienega Heights and the West L.A. Palms, other than that, like I said, Asians have always been in West L.A.


shing wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:You're exactly right, like I mentioned, I've seen some Asian gang members who looked and dressed like cholos, but they were not from hispanic gangs, they maintained their own Asian culture, whichever culture it was, but they either looked like mexican cholos or taggers, and yes, some of these Asian gang members may have lived in West L.A., but they only lived there, they did not bang, claim, or represent any street or block in West L.A., because like you said, their neighborhoods were in the San Fernando Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Rowland Heights, parts of Orange County, places like that, and when you say the eses had more respect for the Asians who dressed like cholos than the Asians who dressed casual, that's because the Asians who dressed like cholos were outright bangin', and them eses knew they were formidable opponents, them Asians who dressed like cholos weren't no punks and were really bangin', with the business, the Asians who dressed casual were not and are not really taken seriously because they are tryin' to hide their gang affiliation and they're not hardcore, they go to school, get good grades, in honors classes and everything, and gang bangin' is like secondary to them, the casual dressed Asians might claim a gang affiliation so they won't get robbed, taken advantage of, or they're ridin' the fame of family members who might be gang affiliated, etc, that's like niggas walkin' down the street with tight, skinny jeans, but tryin' to claim a gang, people look at foos like that and laugh, I know I would!, and I have!,lmao!!! If you bangin', you have to look the part! Blue Khaki suit, blue Chuck Taylor's with the fat Royal Blue or Navy Blue laces in them, Khaki shorts with a blue or white t-shirt, blue British Knights with the BK on the side, Red Khaki suits, red Khaki shorts with a red or white t-shirt, red Calvin Klein's with the cK on the side, red Chuck Taylors with the fat red laces, Ben Davis suits, Cortez Nikes, Locs shades, bald heads, cornrows, ponytails, etc, that's how real gang members dress.


judastaugamma wrote:
WLA PALMS wrote:I understand what you sayin', as I said the same thing when I said SOME Asian gangs adopt hispanic culture, sometimes, I've seen the Asians I described, who maintained their own politics and kept their culture, but they still looked and acted like mexicans, some of them looked and acted like mexican taggers and cholos, they just didn't call each other "ese" unless like you said, they were from hispanic gangs, I'm pretty sure them Asian gangs out there in Long Beach been puttin' it down, or else they still wouldn't be around and survived all this time out there in Long Beach or anywhere else, I was hearing and came across some TRG's gettin' processed in and out of County Jail, and they were pretty solid and held their ground against mexicans.
i think the asian gangs you see that seem to look/act hispanic are most likely filipino gangs from l.a.

temple st. 13 had a pinoy (filipino) clique.

satanas (the largest filipino gang in l.a. at one time) came from temple st. 13 (though some of them denies this , from what i know it's true).

plus satanas turned sur as well. at least some of them. i've run into sts that ran asian and deny that they are 13. though i've seen satanas that ran sur on the inside. not just hispanic satanas members but asian ones as well. in fact , for a time when i was in country , the shotcaller for baker row in 3400 (sur gang module) was a pinoy guy from sts. i can't remember his name at the moment , it's been a long time.


there are however asian gang members who dress sur style but they don't act or support sur.

van nuys asian boyz youngsters from the 90's in san fernando valley use to dress straight cholo 90's style. ben davis , friscos , cortez , locs , those charlie brown shirts , etc.

funny thing is though , from growing up back then , eses had more respect for the asians who dressed cholo than the asians who dressed casual.

i use to go to van nuys high and knew a lot of the barrio van nuys and vanowen st. guys who went there. they look at asian gangsters that dressed casual or normal as wannabes play gangsters.

at the time , there was a cambodian and filipino from asian boyz who dressed straight cholo at school with us. the bvn and vanowen showed them respect. never tripped on them or anything. they thought if an asian gang member dressed cholo , he was representing himself as a gangster. if an asian gangster dressed all casual , they thought he was trying to hide he's a gang member or something.
Looking the part is the lamest thing you can do. All you're doing is announcing to the world that you bang or wannabe bang. Good luck trying to sneak up on anyone. You don't see many Asians in W.LA because they're low key. I've lived on the westside for over 30 years, and I see tons of Asians nowadays. BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the way you dress doesn't determine how "down" you are.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 6th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Asians have never been a factor in West L.A. because like I said, Black and Latino gangs were the first to establish gang strongholds and territories in West L.A., there was no room for any Asian gangs, as a matter of fact, you're right about the Sawtelle section having a large Japanese community, because when I was growing up in the La-Cienega Heights and the West L.A. Palms, THERE WERE ALMOST NO ASIANS OVER THERE!, if they were, they were very sparse!!!, when I was in elementary school, there was only ONE filipino dude in the whole school, and his friends were black, because the school was black!!!, as a matter of fact, his friends were mixed black and filipino, and this filipino dude lived in a house smack dab in the middle of the PBG's/La-Cienega Heights, the large Asian/Japanese community was by the West L.A. division police station and all over the Sawtelle area of West L.A., even though those Asians were in that part of West L.A. since before the 405 freeway was built, those Japanese in that Sawtelle section didn't resort to crime and violence, and establish gangs, they went to school and became doctors, lawyers, cops, firefighters, and worked other white collar jobs, even though some of the older generation Japanese that were enslaved after WWII might be connected to the Yakuza or other Japanese gangs back home in Japan, those are the older Japanese who were living in West L.A. before the 405 freeway was built, It's their second and third, and fourth generation kids who were born like in the 80's and 90's who are tryin' to bang.

Silencioso wrote:WLA Palms is right. West LA has always been dominated by Mexican and Black gangs. Asians have never been a factor, although I'm still not sure why. Sawtelle had a big Japanese American community when I was growing up but no Jap gang, unlike Crenshaw which had Buddha Crips and the East Side which had Marshall Homeboys.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by judastaugamma » October 7th, 2011, 10:14 am

shing wrote: Looking the part is the lamest thing you can do. All you're doing is announcing to the world that you bang or wannabe bang. Good luck trying to sneak up on anyone. You don't see many Asians in W.LA because they're low key. I've lived on the westside for over 30 years, and I see tons of Asians nowadays. BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the way you dress doesn't determine how "down" you are.
never said dress determines how "down" you are.

i've met a lot of "down" gang members that didn't dress like g's.

i'm telling you how hispanic gang members i knew saw it back in the day.

and i kinda see their point.

you dress low key , it means you don't want anyone to know you're a gang member.

it's like ranking out before you even got hit up.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 7th, 2011, 5:16 pm

You mentioned the point about style of dress and courage in the streets, so you can stop and kill the word games xxx, you back with another screename nigga?, lmao, I don't care how hispanic gang members viewed this issue, this game doesn't revolve around the hispanic point of view, AND THAT'S MY WORD!, so don't tell me how they saw the issue, the mexicans dress banged out just like we do.


judastaugamma wrote:
shing wrote: Looking the part is the lamest thing you can do. All you're doing is announcing to the world that you bang or wannabe bang. Good luck trying to sneak up on anyone. You don't see many Asians in W.LA because they're low key. I've lived on the westside for over 30 years, and I see tons of Asians nowadays. BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the way you dress doesn't determine how "down" you are.
never said dress determines how "down" you are.

i've met a lot of "down" gang members that didn't dress like g's.

i'm telling you how hispanic gang members i knew saw it back in the day.

and i kinda see their point.

you dress low key , it means you don't want anyone to know you're a gang member.

it's like ranking out before you even got hit up.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 7th, 2011, 5:40 pm

I thought you were Shing replyin' with the smart remarks just to argue, so my bad on that, but your vocabulary and your style of writing looks like that clown xxx lol


judastaugamma wrote:
shing wrote: Looking the part is the lamest thing you can do. All you're doing is announcing to the world that you bang or wannabe bang. Good luck trying to sneak up on anyone. You don't see many Asians in W.LA because they're low key. I've lived on the westside for over 30 years, and I see tons of Asians nowadays. BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the way you dress doesn't determine how "down" you are.
never said dress determines how "down" you are.

i've met a lot of "down" gang members that didn't dress like g's.

i'm telling you how hispanic gang members i knew saw it back in the day.

and i kinda see their point.

you dress low key , it means you don't want anyone to know you're a gang member.

it's like ranking out before you even got hit up.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: why no Asian gangs in West L.A. ?

Unread post by WLA PALMS » October 7th, 2011, 5:41 pm

And Shing was replying to me.


judastaugamma wrote:
shing wrote: Looking the part is the lamest thing you can do. All you're doing is announcing to the world that you bang or wannabe bang. Good luck trying to sneak up on anyone. You don't see many Asians in W.LA because they're low key. I've lived on the westside for over 30 years, and I see tons of Asians nowadays. BTW, in case anyone didn't know, the way you dress doesn't determine how "down" you are.
never said dress determines how "down" you are.

i've met a lot of "down" gang members that didn't dress like g's.

i'm telling you how hispanic gang members i knew saw it back in the day.

and i kinda see their point.

you dress low key , it means you don't want anyone to know you're a gang member.

it's like ranking out before you even got hit up.

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Asian & White gangs”