Venice Community Remembrance day - Saturday June 15

Discuss general Black gangs in Los Angeles County which include Bloods, Crips, Hustlers, Crews and Independent groups in Los Angeles County here.
User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Venice Community Remembrance day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 14th, 2013, 9:50 pm

Venice shoreline Hood day is Saturday June 15, 2013 and they do it in their turf every year, but their hood day it not related to the date but rather that Saturday in June. Last year it was in June 16, 2012.

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 735
Joined: October 16th, 2008, 3:53 pm
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by dubts » June 15th, 2013, 11:59 pm

the 2nd Saturday in June?

did you do any interviews or pictures?

User avatar
advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 405
Joined: May 5th, 2004, 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by advocate » June 16th, 2013, 1:37 pm

I drove by Oakwood yesterday.....they were deep there. I was kinda wondering why their hood day was in June....I wondered if it had anything to do with 6th ave but that doesnt make sense since they also post up on 7th & 5th ave as well.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 16th, 2013, 2:02 pm

Venice 13 was representing at Oakwood Park.
Attachments
_MG_0261-op-lg.jpg
June 15, 2013, Venice, Hood Day, Community Day
_MG_0261-op-lg.jpg (208.35 KiB) Viewed 5086 times

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 16th, 2013, 2:06 pm

O/G Cisco in the middle, his uniform says it all, cackie suit with top hat every time I see this man.
Attachments
_MG_0381-ogcisco-vslc.jpg
O/G Cisco, Venice Hood Day, June 13, 2013
_MG_0381-ogcisco-vslc.jpg (181.91 KiB) Viewed 5086 times

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 16th, 2013, 2:14 pm

Yes, they were deep, probably over 500 people came there.

User avatar
advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 405
Joined: May 5th, 2004, 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by advocate » June 16th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Alonso-do u know lot of Shorelines? I know the guy in the middle in the V13 pic & i know who the other 2 guys are w/ him. Got some good flicks there....crazy to see Oakwood park like the older days

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 16th, 2013, 3:03 pm

advocate wrote:Alonso-do u know lot of Shorelines? I know the guy in the middle in the V13 pic & i know who the other 2 guys are w/ him. Got some good flicks there....crazy to see Oakwood park like the older days
Yes, I know alot of V13 and Venice ShoreLines. I have been to their hood day three times now. And I been knowing some of those guys since back in the day too. I know some RIP Shorelines that I used to kick it with on the beach in the early 1990s. I used to workout at the beach and be out there 3 times a week. Just have alot of connections to Venice & Mar Vista area.

The park was peaceful, and there needed to be some business, they took it down the block. The LAPD cruised the blocks all day, and didnt bother anyone for the most part. People double parked, low riders and the police didnt trip at all.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1419
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by xxx » June 16th, 2013, 6:24 pm

What's the Story behind their hood day date, I don't get it....they claim 2xs and 5xs for 5th ave....June 15?

That obituary ese is holding up, is that the V13 that got stab and killed, his death kicked off the whole VSL v V13, CxC,SM,S13 in 1993?

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 17th, 2013, 12:35 am

xxx wrote:What's the Story behind their hood day date, I don't get it....they claim 2xs and 5xs for 5th ave....June 15?

That obituary ese is holding up, is that the V13 that got stab and killed, his death kicked off the whole VSL v V13, CxC,SM,S13 in 1993?
He was killed during that 93/94 war, but I think the hood day is the third sat in June, regardless of date. Don't quote me on that. Last year it was on 6/16/12

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 17th, 2013, 6:48 am

alexalonso wrote:
advocate wrote:Alonso-do u know lot of Shorelines? I know the guy in the middle in the V13 pic & i know who the other 2 guys are w/ him. Got some good flicks there....crazy to see Oakwood park like the older days
Yes, I know alot of V13 and Venice ShoreLines. I have been to their hood day three times now. And I been knowing some of those guys since back in the day too. I know some RIP Shorelines that I used to kick it with on the beach in the early 1990s.. Just have alot of connections to Venice & Mar Vista area.

.
good pics, Alonso

so you had a front row seat to the Venice 13 vs Venice Shore-Line pedo?

were those VSL casualties you refer to a result of that war?


how long has the pedo been squashed now?

the older vatos over there must have long history with each other because im actually suprised their were able to broker a true between the two hoods

do you know who made that happen?



ohh... I know you got some more pics of the honey's... dont keep those for yourself...

Sharing is Caring! :mrgreen: post 'em up

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 17th, 2013, 6:50 am

* truce

User avatar
advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 405
Joined: May 5th, 2004, 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by advocate » June 17th, 2013, 1:58 pm

The RIP pic that is being held up is my 2nd cousin's dad....and yeah, from what I know he was stabbed.

Alonso-did u ever hear of Barrios Unidos over there in Venice? My uncle used to be a part of it & I believe he helped try to get that truce w/ the Shorelines in place. I may have mentioned this before, but he used to have a VHS tape & it was a little documentary he & some others did that explained the war & how it needed to stop because they all grew up together. I have no idea what happened to the tape.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 17th, 2013, 3:16 pm

advocate wrote:The RIP pic that is being held up is my 2nd cousin's dad....and yeah, from what I know he was stabbed.

Alonso-did u ever hear of Barrios Unidos over there in Venice? My uncle used to be a part of it & I believe he helped try to get that truce w/ the Shorelines in place. I may have mentioned this before, but he used to have a VHS tape & it was a little documentary he & some others did that explained the war & how it needed to stop because they all grew up together. I have no idea what happened to the tape.
Dam, I need that tape, because I am shooting a history of Venice and was one of the reasons why I was there, but old footage will be very useful.

The Truce: they had a meeting at Oakwood park, OGs and Vets, I also think that the church on the 7th across from the park may have been involved, and they made peace, and the peace has maintained. I also think that seeing so many white people move into their neighborhood contributed to the unity between blacks and browns too.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 894
Joined: October 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by Coup » June 17th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Good to see it is lasting....

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1419
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by xxx » June 17th, 2013, 7:16 pm

Venice will be a good history to do. Multicultural Gang Neighborhood by the beach. Different trends and scrnces came out of Venice and coexisted...no other place like it.....Venice Crips, Cholos, Skaters, Stoners/Sucidals.......

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 18th, 2013, 7:24 am

wasnt Allhood magazine putting something together on the Venice Shore-Lines?

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1419
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by xxx » June 18th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Yeah, but it got put on the back burner.........

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Re: Venice Community Rememberance day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by Sentenza » June 18th, 2013, 1:09 pm

I like how he brought that picture of his friend 20 years later. Thats a real friend.

Never forget....

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Re: Venice Community Rememberance day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by MARTINEZ » June 18th, 2013, 2:12 pm

Sentenza wrote:I like how he brought that picture of his friend 20 years later. Thats a real friend.

Never forget....
some vatos did so much and had such a huge impact on the entire varrio/hood, that they do have it like the. ^


20 years or more later, they're still spoken on with much love and the highest respect.

I can give you two off the top of my head that still got it like that…

over 20 to 25 years ago they passed away but they’re name is still ever present in THE LOTT 13 varrio



OG Toker (R.I.P.)

passed away in 1987 … my big homie!



OG Wacko Andy (R.I.P.)

passed away in 1990 … his death made East Los get lit up like a Christmas tree. Older vatos and founders came out of retirement to put in work for him…
this dude was big homie to a well killer on San Quentin’s death row and many others.

.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by Sentenza » June 18th, 2013, 3:10 pm

MARTINEZ wrote:
Sentenza wrote:I like how he brought that picture of his friend 20 years later. Thats a real friend.

Never forget....
some vatos did so much and had such a huge impact on the entire varrio/hood, that they do have it like the. ^


20 years or more later, they're still spoken on with much love and the highest respect.

I can give you two off the top of my head that still got it like that…

over 20 to 25 years ago they passed away but they’re name is still ever present in THE LOTT 13 varrio



OG Toker (R.I.P.)

passed away in 1987 … my big homie!



OG Wacko Andy (R.I.P.)

passed away in 1990 … his death made East Los get lit up like a Christmas tree. Older vatos and founders came out of retirement to put in work for him…
this dude was big homie to a well killer on San Quentin’s death row and many others.

.
Respect to your homies. R.I.P.

To me its mandatory to never forget them.

My best friend died in a car accident in '98. Me and my other best friend of our clique back then put up a pic of all of us 2 years ago on his grave. That way we got in touch with his family again, cause they were happy he had friends who remembered him such a long time later.
I can relate to that.

Good stuff.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6525
Joined: January 17th, 2005, 10:48 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin
Location: Overseas

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by Sentenza » June 19th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Btw. wasnt Suicidal Tendencies from Venice too? I liked them back in the day...

BlueMoon
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 127
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 10:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by BlueMoon » June 19th, 2013, 9:17 pm

I always had respect for Venice........My last encounter with them was when a cop shot one dead in the Rollin 90's back in the early 90's.........

User avatar
advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 405
Joined: May 5th, 2004, 1:27 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Venice Community Rememberance day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by advocate » June 20th, 2013, 11:22 pm

Alonso-I seen some pics from VSLC's hoodday.......there was one that looked like you were doing an interview of the guys from V13. DId u get some interviews while you there & if so, you gonna post em?

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 9034
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Venice Shoreline Crip hood day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by alexalonso » June 21st, 2013, 12:57 am

advocate wrote:Alonso-I seen some pics from VSLC's hoodday.......there was one that looked like you were doing an interview of the guys from V13. DId u get some interviews while you there & if so, you gonna post em?
i did, but it for a film I am working on so it wont be posted on the SG channel until after that project is done.

User avatar
HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 276
Joined: May 25th, 2010, 6:19 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Re: Venice Community Rememberance day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by HungryWolf » June 21st, 2013, 2:17 am

Sentenza wrote:Btw. wasnt Suicidal Tendencies from Venice too? I liked them back in the day...
Indeed. Think they joined Venice 13 later on. I watched the first Mike Muir video the other day. Omg, their first album was goddamn crap, after that one they got better ...

jasmine0810
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: October 4th, 2015, 9:44 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: los Angeles

Re: Venice Community Remembrance day - Saturday June 15

Unread post by jasmine0810 » October 5th, 2015, 1:08 am

wacko was my uncle and much respect to you for not forgetting my uncle means a lot to us and my moms who use to be posted up with him and other ogs from the lott

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Black gangs”