Nemesi is a straight up biter

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Nemesi is a straight up biter

Unread post by alexalonso » December 21st, 2003, 8:14 pm

I could not believe how similar his forum is to mine and that no one called him out on that. That is straight biting and I don't tolerate that crap. I was only able to find out from one of my OG homeboys, but of all you people that go over to that other site and to not mention his blatant theft of my style.

Well to all thos naysayers check this out.

His title: Rappers
Who was the best rapper?
My title: Who is the hottest rapper? (i changed the name to: No new posts Whats Hot in Hip Hop?)

His title: Gangs informations and questions
Post what you know and what you want to know about gangs.

My title: Gang Questions
Post your questions about gangs from any where in the world and hopefully you will get a reply from one of the users.
AND
Gang Information
If you have some interesting information post it here. DO NOT post questions...there is another forum for that.

He combined my two into one, WOW, very creative.

His title: News
Discussing the up-to-date news.

My title: News Topics
Post news topics from any region of the world about events that have taken place in your community. Although many people that come here are from California, you can post about any place.

His title: Gangster Movies
Post your opinions about your favourite gangster movies.

My title: Best Gangster Movies

-------
Also his bios on individual gangs have the same exact sections: City, Abbreviation, Allies, Rivals, etc.

Any similarities people? I have been ripped off of many ideas. This guy even used the same forum software that I used and there are dozens out there. I take this stuff seriously. That guy came to this site everyday from August 12 - September 27, 2003 hi-jacking information. His board started on September 19, 2003. Rather than staying a part of this board, he went, used my info, recruited some of you guys, and used many of my topics and ideas. This is called plagiarism and this is pitiful.

That's why he is no longer welcomed over here unless he changes a few things.

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Nemesi is a straight up biter

Unread post by caineIsignz » December 21st, 2003, 8:25 pm

yea thats straight up weak.
if people got enough power to do a forum and ish they should be able to make up their own forum threads and names.

i've had a similar situation.
i made a signature for some dude on a 2pac forum. and then on this other wack forum, i seen some dude with the exact same sig, and i asked him where he got that, and he said he made it.
I FLIPPED!

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » December 21st, 2003, 9:36 pm

I like this site better

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 21st, 2003, 10:15 pm

Mr. Alonso, you are the original and the best!. I am honored to moderate here. Every great project ends up with spinoffs. That's a fact. I don't believe any disrespect was intended. I visited once and they don't have many posts at all. Didn't know you felt that way or I would have said something! Streetgangs.com is the place and people know that!

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 21st, 2003, 10:21 pm

I see what you are saying about the plagerism. I didn't understand that before your post but now I see what you are saying. Straight up rip off. I'm with you all the way. I will never go there or anywhere else that smacks of plagerism (ie ripoff). Thank you for bringing that to MY attention.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » December 21st, 2003, 10:42 pm

WHat's the adress to the other site?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 21st, 2003, 10:56 pm

Here is a straight up copy and past from my site about the Eight Tray Gangster Crips.

My info on that set is here:
http://www.streetgangs.com/crips/83gc.html

His info on that set is here:
http://www.damusandrips.com/83info.htm

Pay extra attention to his section on "turf" and notice that he has the same sections that I originated years ago. Hurry up and check it out before he changes it.

Also his maps are scanned copied of Thomas Bros Maps a company based in California that spent over 1 million dollars on their street data base. If they knew he was copying their maps and putting gang territories on them they would do every thing to shut down his site. I worked for a map company for 2 years and did work with Thomas Bros Maps so I know they are 100 times more strict on their maps than I am.

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » December 22nd, 2003, 7:46 am

Alonso, you know what you should do?
There is some html code that BLOCKS from highlighting the page, or even right clicking it so no one can steal your stuff.
Ill try to find that code. I know I've been to some sites where you cannot highlight the text and therefore you cant copy and paste it.

You should do it cause this site got tons of info that people will steal and say they did it.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 22nd, 2003, 12:51 pm

I UNDERSTAND ALONSO , BUT I KNOW NEMESIS GOT RESPECT FOR YOUR WORK AND HE DONT WANNA WORK AGAINST YOU, HE STARTED HIS FORUM WHEN YOURS WAS CLOSED AND A LOT OF US WENT OVER THERE TO CONTINUE WHAT WE WERE DOIN' IN STREET GANG ,YOU ARE RIGHT HIS FORUM IS A COPY OF STREET GANG BECAUSE AT THAT TIME THERE WAS NO MORE STREET GANG FORUM , AND TO TELL THE TRUTH IM THE ONE WHO TOLD HIM TO DO IT ALONSO STYLE CAUSE STREET GANG WAS CLOSED AND I LIKED THE WAY STREET GANG WAS CONSTRUCTED AND MODERATED , THEN AFTER CAME THE CEREAL ERA AND A LOT OF STREET GANG OG'S GOT TIRED OF GETTIN' DISSED BY THAT .....WELL THIS IS ALSO ONE OF THE REASONS A LOTS OF US WENT NEMESIS , BUT AT THAT TIME EVEN WHEN WE WAS POSTIN' INFOS ON DAMUS AND RIPS WE ALSO POSTED INFOS ON STREETGANG , WE ALL KNOW AND AGREE ''NEMESIS INCLUDED'' THAT YOU ARE THE TEACHER AND WE ARE THE STUDENTS WHEN IT COMES TO L.A GANG INFOS I JUST THINK THAT IF WE ALL COULD WORK TOGETHER AND NEMESIS HAVE COMPUTER SKILLS AND HE UPDATES HIS SITE DAYLI , WE COULD MOVE MOUNTAINS ...PEACE

I JUST WANNA BE HOMEST I GOT BIG RESPECT FOR ALONSO BUT NEMESIS IS ALSO SOMEBODY I RESPECT ...AND I CANT SAY BAD THING ABOUT HIM CAUSE IN THAT DAMUS AND RIPS I WAS A BIG PART OF THE COMPTON SECTION

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 22nd, 2003, 1:16 pm

My site went down on Oct 8, 2003, he started his board on September 19, 2003 replicating my style from the jump. That's not cool, even on his bios of gangs he uses my format; abbreviation, allies, rivalries, etc. I mapped nearly every gang in LA County, it took me months and thousands of dollars. It is all digitized, and this guy comes in and tries to replicate my work by hi-jacking on my board. That IS NOT COOL.

D.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by D. » December 22nd, 2003, 2:39 pm

Alonso I kinda understand why you're mad and all ... since you put in a lotta work and time on building the maps.But couldn't you see nemesi's work as an ultimate token of appreciation ? The guy really respects you,we all do.But he did visit L.A on several occasions so not all the things he has on his site is copied of yours ...

You used to be inactive for a while and didn't post much,but now you hace returned with vigor and posting daily ... I'm glad.

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » December 22nd, 2003, 2:40 pm

alonso wrote:My site went down on Oct 8, 2003, he started his board on September 19, 2003 replicating my style from the jump. That's not cool, even on his bios of gangs he uses my format; abbreviation, allies, rivalries, etc. I mapped nearly every gang in LA County, it took me months and thousands of dollars. It is all digitized, and this guy comes in and tries to replicate my work by hi-jacking on my board. That IS NOT COOL.
^^^
Is your site copy righted?
That dude can be sued for that kind of stuff..

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » December 22nd, 2003, 4:06 pm

well, on one hand i totally agree with alonso on copying the gang information...thats bul1sh1t man...on the other - if u gonna have a gang forum u gotta have a section "gang information" ...so i dont see that as a theft...but still i think alonso is right for the most part and if the other cat really started his board before this one was closed, than sue his azz...peace

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » December 22nd, 2003, 4:47 pm

Ice wrote:well, on one hand i totally agree with alonso on copying the gang information...thats bul1sh1t man...on the other - if u gonna have a gang forum u gotta have a section "gang information" ...so i dont see that as a theft...but still i think alonso is right for the most part and if the other cat really started his board before this one was closed, than sue his azz...peace
SUE??? I see you not from Amerika, BUT youve seem to have adopted some of its traditions already :o PS Thank your country for the SLR-95 a beatifull peice of work
Last edited by GIBBY on December 22nd, 2003, 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GIBBY » December 22nd, 2003, 4:51 pm

By the way Alonso, Im glad your back on this board and selecting moderators. The madness and games were getting way out of hand. I hope to contribute as much as possible and learn from other like minded OGs. I for one will continue to contibute to both forums as well as other forums I participate in. Paz

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » December 22nd, 2003, 5:06 pm

wcrockets wrote:Mr. Alonso, you are the original and the best!. I am honored to moderate here. Every great project ends up with spinoffs. That's a fact. I don't believe any disrespect was intended. I visited once and they don't have many posts at all. Didn't know you felt that way or I would have said something! Streetgangs.com is the place and people know that!
get off his dick...got damn!!!

but yeahh, that is straight plagerism. I thought you designed it!! lol, i woulda holla'd at you a minute ago if I woulda known you didn't know. He got the same colors and everything. I never posted on there cuz I can't sign up but damn..... homie jocked you good!!!

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » December 22nd, 2003, 5:09 pm

alonso wrote:My site went down on Oct 8, 2003, he started his board on September 19, 2003 replicating my style from the jump. That's not cool, even on his bios of gangs he uses my format; abbreviation, allies, rivalries, etc. I mapped nearly every gang in LA County, it took me months and thousands of dollars. It is all digitized, and this guy comes in and tries to replicate my work by hi-jacking on my board. That IS NOT COOL.
yeahh, that part right there make you wanna take off on him huh!!! stealing your hard work...smh...he ain't right for that

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » December 22nd, 2003, 5:47 pm

GIBBY wrote:
Ice wrote:well, on one hand i totally agree with alonso on copying the gang information...thats bul1sh1t man...on the other - if u gonna have a gang forum u gotta have a section "gang information" ...so i dont see that as a theft...but still i think alonso is right for the most part and if the other cat really started his board before this one was closed, than sue his azz...peace
SUE??? I see you not from Amerika, BUT youve seem to have adopted some of its traditions already :o PS Thank your country for the SLR-95 a beatifull peice of work
lol that was a joke, sorry u didnt get it, maybe its because "i'm not from Amerika"......as for adopting american traditions, no thanx...i love america but right now im happy at home where i just got pulled over by cops 2 nights ago not having my license on me and having drunk almost a whole bottle of gin, and im still a free man lol :)

anyway, back to the topic, i think alonso's work should be protected somehow and Nemesi should at least quote alonso or cite streetgangs.com as a source of all the information he used on his site...peace

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 22nd, 2003, 8:15 pm

N9ne, stick your tude where the sun don't shine. I HAVE my opinion and DON'T care if you don't like it. Mind yourself and your own business.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » December 22nd, 2003, 8:53 pm

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT U TALKIN ABOUT ALONSO , BUT HE ALSO DID SOME PERSONAL RESEARCH AND DID TRIP TO COMPTON WATTS SC , ALSO THE IDEAR OF A GANG SITE FOR SHURE COMES FROM YOU, AS FAR AS I CAN REMEMBER YOUR SITE WAS THE FIRST AND YOU REMEMBER ALL THOSE SITE WHO WOULD TAKE YOUR GANG HISTORY back IN THE DAY I WOULD SAY MORE THAN 100 SITES OVER THE NET TOOK YOUR LIST OR GANG HISTORY AND IF YOU REMEMBER THEY JUST DID A COPY AND PASTE SHIT AND YOU KNOW THAT NEMESIS AT LEAST IS NOT PLAYIN' IN THE SAME LEAGUE ,I REMEMBER THAT YOU USE TO WRITE KELLEYS PARK AND YOU HAD ALL THOSE NET BANGAZ CLAIMIN KELLEY PARK THAT WAS HILARIOUS , THE GUYS TOOK YOUR IDEARS AS A MODEL I AGREE HE DID A LOT OF SIMILAR THANGS EVEN COPY YOUR SITE STRUCTURE BUT AT LEAST HE NEVER COPY AND PASTED U...AND HE DID PUT A LOTS OF PERSONAL INPUT, ITS TRU THAT MOST OF HIS GANG CONTACT INCLUDED ME CAME FROM YOUR SITE BUT HE DID ADD PERSONAL THANGS... ALL THIS TO SAY THAT NEMESIS GOT YOUR SITE AS MODEL AND THERE IS A LOTS OF SITES ALL OVER THE NET WHO REALLY STOLE YOUR WORK AND DIDNT EVEN ADD PERSONAL THANGS AND PROPS TO YOU ...PEACE

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 22nd, 2003, 9:14 pm

Yeah I know, I used to have a list of biters on my site, but then I stopped maintaining that list. I dont mind people citing my work but I did not like people copying my work. But I am going to start another page called "plagiarism watch" and I should have at least 20 sites on that list real soon.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » December 23rd, 2003, 12:03 pm

I think people visit both site's to learn about gangs,,and that's what the purpose is. Alsonso is (no doubt) an true gang expert,,and has done years of research. Everyone agree's with that. I enjoy both site's..because each one is different in their own way. Nemesi has a genuine interest in gangs,,and has very 'street credible' sources for his information.. I'm sure Nemesi gives Alonso much respect.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 23rd, 2003, 2:09 pm

i think that many people are missing the point here. It is not about respect or admiration. The point is about original content and material. I don't care how much someone admire my work, research, and ideas, ...if they begin to immulate my style that is a bite and a copyright infringement. Bottom Line.

Also his 'street credible' sources you mention, are people he solicited off of this site. For him to produce identical matierial as mine off of the same people off my site is foul. It is that simple.

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » December 23rd, 2003, 2:34 pm

It is true that the essence of both sites are to provide info, etc., but that other site really does copy this one. Have you ever had someone take credit for your work? It's the same thing, and I will not visit that site again.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » December 23rd, 2003, 3:03 pm

You cannot "copy right" the boundaries of a gang..or information on how a gang got its name. If someone who knows what they are talking about,,decide's to provide information to what he or she know's about a group of gangs in California,,that's their business. I understand the frustration, but i'm sure maybe someone even found a date on this site (through private messages),,i'm not going to hate them (unless it's my wife). Anyway,,I hear everyone on the case. Hope it all works out.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 23rd, 2003, 4:13 pm

That is easy for you to say stamps as it's not your thousands of dollars and hours invested. How would you like it if your life work is bitten off by a freeloader and then some guy comes along and tells you it's perfectly legal and not to worry about it? It would be different it were you and your money right? Of course it would.

It is not legal to copyright infringe other people's work. Cutting and pasting other people's copyrighted work into your publications for public consumption without their permission is not legal, nor ethical. Why only a straight up biter would do that. And only an ignoramous would justify it.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » December 24th, 2003, 1:31 am

Stamps, you are wrong. I have already copyright protected my boundary files. That protects all the thousands of hours of work I put into it. You would be suprised the items that you can copyright. For example, Thomas Bros maps owns all the digital street files of Los Angeles. If you replicate Thomas Bros maps, if you make a Xerox copy, or if you use their files in any way, GUESS WHAT? violation.

The phrase "Three-Peat" is owned by Pat Rilely, former coach of the Los Angeles Lakes. That is why the Lakers say "Back-to-Back-to-Back" because of they print "Three Peat" on any shirt, they have to pay Pat Rilely money.

stamps
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stamps » December 24th, 2003, 3:35 am

Alonso, I hear what your saying. Wcrockets,,im not "ignoramous". I think we are all above disrespecting each other.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 24th, 2003, 3:48 am

Thanks TMAN for the support.

TMAN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by TMAN » December 24th, 2003, 7:36 am

You're welcome. Thank you for the site. I ordered 2 tapes yesterday for additional support, and to check out the scene.

I recently finished Monster by Kody Scott, and that is when I found this site on the web.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » December 24th, 2003, 9:21 am

stamps wrote:Alonso, I hear what your saying. Wcrockets,,im not "ignoramous". I think we are all above disrespecting each other.
If you're part of the solution and not the problem, then of course.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » December 29th, 2003, 5:09 pm

His site is offline now, and this guy does not beleive in copyrights but because his site was hosted on a US server, no web host will allow someone to copy other peoples work. But if he decides to put his site up on a server in one of the few countries that do not have copyrights laws then it would be difficult to have someone remove pages that are violations.

I DID NOT have his page shut down, becasue most of his site had nothing to do with my work. I just suggested that the work he was producing by using my maps and my web site was an infringement of my original work.
Some of you guys stated that this guy had nothing but respect for me, but by him doing this was a disrespect to me. He even called me a "dictator" in one of his emails.

I suggest that some of you guys check out this page that talks about the myths of copyright at

http://www.templetons.com/brad/copymyths.html

And read about the Digital Millenneul act of 1998 that Clinton passed. This protects all original work on the internet.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”