What neighborhoods do you hate goin in?

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

What neighborhoods do you hate goin in?

Unread post by R-Tistic » January 15th, 2004, 9:00 am

Sorta like the other thread...from a scale of 1-10, who's neighborhood/turf do you fear goin into the most? I recognize that some gangs might be a "10" as far as how hard they are and how much respect they get, but some of their neighborhoods aren't even that bad when you go into em. Rank the hardest part of their hood, not just an outskirt or a street that no bangers kick it.

I am always in different turfs, but I am never in many of them long enough to really say that I hate bein there because somethin is bound to happen in a second.

Shotgun - 5 - I grew up here, and most of the hardest dudes from there are in jail, dead, or not bangin hard anymore. If you are dressed suspicious, and outnumbered, they will handle u most likely, but if u are neutral or don't loook suspicious, most of em won't even say anything to u.

Carson Centerview - 2 - I wouldn't advise you to walk around in all blue, bandanad up, yellin ya set, and postin up on an interesction in their neighborhood...because 9 times outta 10, the cops will get u before their bangers do. I donno if most of their ogs are gone, but from what it looks like, they are a grip of middle class kids who want to bang, and their neighborhood is very nice. Anywhere that grafitti doesn't last 3 days is usually safe in my opinion.

Carson East Coast/190 - 4 - I'd say this neighborhood is nicer than Shotguns, as far as property value and all goes, but the bangers are out a lot more than u'd expect. If you look suspicious, just as most neighborhoods, they'll say somethin to u, but I am always over here, and I never see any sort of action happenin...matter of fact, one girl got killed in Centerview, so now they have a curfew in Carson for teenagers, to prevent things from happenin. So I give the gang some respect, but I don't fear bein in there.

Rollin 60 - 8 - I don't give it a 10 is because I know there are some spots that are scarier to be in. Thing is, sometimes I used to stay at the corner of 60th and Brynhurst, from like 89-94, and even tho I was young and I didn't kick it with anybody who lived there, that street in particular had no action, and I used to always be outside and nothin went down so I had no idea what was goin on a few blocks down. But now that I'm older, I kno this is one place I am not too happy to have to go to. I went to Ashton's Shatto at West and Slauson, for a Church event on a Sunday, and had to park in their neighborhood...I had on a tan suit, and got out the car, and this dude was washin his car, still mad doggin me, knowin I wasn't suspicious. Some parts of their hood are quiet, such as like north of 54th, onacrest? i think but I wouldn't take a chance there.

Inglewood Family - ??6?? - I don't know exactly where the heart of their hood is, but I tend to be around the 70s, like 77th place right west of Van Ness, and I kno I would never mess with their bangers, but it is uuuusually coo when I am by somebody's house. It seems like in that particular area, it's a lot of retired people, and not a lot of action, so I donno where the action really goes down at.

Jungles - 10 - Self explanitory........

Grape Streets and Bounty Hunters - 10 - ......Anywhere that ya mom gets rocks thrown at her black benz while she's at work, gets a 10. I am neeever in Watts because I have no reason 2 go there, but I've heard enough to make me want 2 stay away.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Re: What neighborhoods do you hate goin in?

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » January 15th, 2004, 12:10 pm

Neighborhood 20s Hood/City BPS - 10 - Man them niggaz do n ot fuck around if u sportin blue in the hood, back in the day I went up to the swapmeet, me and my homie we was trued up, with blue beanies and shit, blue shirts, blue pants and chucks, and them 20s checked us like 20 catz circled around us, they got us good, lol, I aint tryna speak on what happen, just let it be none that u dont roll up there sportin no blue, they thought we was from schoolyards.

Schoolyards/Mansfields -5 - My homies loves red, we got banged on so many times, but there was 3 of us so nobody was tryna see us really.

Denver Lane Bloods(118th area) - 5 - I always was sportin blue over there, and nobody eva checked me, I dont no maybe it was cuz I was stayin at some dl niggaz house and them niggaz knew, cuz i was always posted on they porch with the homies from lanes, I dunno.

Cheeks
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cheeks » January 15th, 2004, 1:38 pm

Neighborhood Rollin 20s - 9. I've heard enough of that shit, my homie from 80s, even though our hoods is beefin, got shot up in there.. Rest In Peace Lazy Kripp.
Denver Lanes - 7. I heard they haven't been so active, and I used to roll through their hood when I banged with Insane. I got hit up by a few of 'em but nothing major happened. I don't know if they're really active now.
Jungles - 10. They have snipers on the roof, Denzel Washington's movie told the truth.. A Lot of bloods.
Lime Hood Piru - 7. I got beat down by a few of em a few days ago. They don't fuck around with some crips.
Shot Gun - 7. I know a few peoples from Shot Gun, so they don't intimidate me much.
Westcoast Rollin 80's - 6. I know a few peoples from there. They beefin with my hood but everything's gravy, cus they aint never ride up here to start mess.
Bounty Hunter Watts - 8. I got stabbed by someone from there with a screwdriver, and then I always seen they homies posted up in cars. So I always just went around my hood.

That's all I'm gonna type, my back is sore.

R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by R-Tistic » January 15th, 2004, 1:45 pm

Cheeks wrote:Neighborhood Rollin 20s - 9. I've heard enough of that @$%*, my homie from 80s, even though our hoods is beefin, got shot up in there.. Rest In Peace Lazy Kripp.
Denver Lanes - 7. I heard they haven't been so active, and I used to roll through their hood when I banged with Insane. I got hit up by a few of 'em but nothing major happened. I don't know if they're really active now.
Jungles - 10. They have snipers on the roof, Denzel Washington's movie told the truth.. A Lot of bloods.
Lime Hood Piru - 7. I got beat down by a few of em a few days ago. They don't "i will get banned" around with some crips.
Shot Gun - 7. I know a few peoples from Shot Gun, so they don't intimidate me much.
Westcoast Rollin 80's - 6. I know a few peoples from there. They beefin with my hood but everything's gravy, cus they aint never ride up here to start mess.
Bounty Hunter Watts - 8. I got stabbed by someone from there with a screwdriver, and then I always seen they homies posted up in cars. So I always just went around my hood.

That's all I'm gonna type, my back is sore.
Where is Lime Hood at? Oh, and Denver Lane's hood is kinda quiet, but I still think it's worst than bein in Shotguns hood. Maybe because I grew up there I don't think of it as much, but I kno the apartments are a lot rougher than where the houses are in Shotguns hood.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » January 15th, 2004, 2:07 pm

Hillside Viscous Pimps - 3 - Them cats be up at queen ane park checkin niggaz but they aint about nothin

bkstomp3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: H-Town

Unread post by bkstomp3 » January 15th, 2004, 10:50 pm

ROLLIN 60'S-9-I STAYED IN JUST ABOUT EVERY PART OF THEY HOOD BUT AT MY LAST HOUSE IT WAS DRIVE BY THIS YEAR.SHIT CONSTANLY FELL AROUND MY HOUSE..PLUS ATT the IMES THEY SHOOTIN ON MAH STREET (ETG,74HGC,VNG RARELY,BHB)

20'S-8-CUZ I WAS BORN IN THAT AREA AND IT SEEMS DULL BUT ITS NOT ESPECIALLY THEM AND 18ST GOIN AT IT

SCHOOL YARDS-7-EVERY TIME THEY SEE ME I GET JUMPED (LOL) ESPECIALLY AT WORLD ON WHEELS CUZ THEM AND the HARLEMS B UP THERE DEEP ALSO AT THE 7 TO 7'S.PLUS THEY GOT THAT ROWDY LIL HOOD..HAHA

SHOTGUN-3-I ALWAYZ GO TO MY HOMIES HOUSE ON 128TH (I THINK) AND ALL OF the TIMES I WALKED THROUGH THEY HOOD NHC'ED UP THEY DIDNT SAY NOTHIN ONE TIME...CRENSHAW AND EL SEGUNDO I ALWAYS WALK THROUGH THAT LONG ASS ALLEY TO HOP the GATE IN THESE PEEPZ YARD 4 A SHORT CUT AND ALWAYS RUN INTO THEM...THEY JUST STAR AT ME AND the HOMIE

direeee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by direeee » January 16th, 2004, 1:32 am

well i occasionally volunteer at Watts Labor Community Action on 103 and central and sometimes i got to send this little 12 year old home cause its late and i dont want him to be walking the streets. He lives right next to nickerson. I hate going through that place because everytime i drop him off some foos walk in front of my car and wont leave until they see him get out.

Rowley Park Shot Gun crip aint bad i play basketball there soemtimes. its coo.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 16th, 2004, 4:31 am

I actually love all neighborhoods and go to all of them. I have interveiwed cats fron the following area, Compton Tortilla Flats, Nickersons, Jungles, Pico Union, Venice, Ingleweed, and many other places.

But I would never advise a person to visit the Nickersons unless it was really important.

UNITY ONE

Unread post by UNITY ONE » January 16th, 2004, 3:17 pm

alonso wrote:I actually love all neighborhoods and go to all of them. I have interveiwed cats fron the following area, Compton Tortilla Flats, Nickersons, Jungles, Pico Union, Venice, Ingleweed, and many other places.

But I would never advise a person to visit the Nickersons unless it was really important.
True True!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 16th, 2004, 6:53 pm

YOU INTERVIEWED VATOS FROM THE FLAT ...WERE BY AND WHO ? I HEARD IN ONE OF YOUR MESSAGE THAT YOU GOT CHASED IN COMPTON MAY I ASK YOU IN WICH HOOD AND WHY

SNAP400
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SNAP400 » January 17th, 2004, 9:49 am

LLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL, ALONSO U GOT CHASED. DAMN THATS WUT HAPPENDS IN THE CITY OF ANGELS. THERES BEEN SOME TIMES WHEN I GOT CAUGHT SLIPPIN TO.

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » January 17th, 2004, 10:45 am

That would be a good thread Alonso. For you to post where you ran into some drama. You should posts the hoods and how it happened. Just some food for thought. Paz, homie...

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 17th, 2004, 4:24 pm

bgCASPER wrote:YOU INTERVIEWED VATOS FROM THE FLAT ...WERE BY AND WHO ? I HEARD IN ONE OF YOUR MESSAGE THAT YOU GOT CHASED IN COMPTON MAY I ASK YOU IN WICH HOOD AND WHY
That was back in 1996 and I can recall the hood but I remember the spot near the creek at a park, but I would have to go there and retrace my spot. The flats guys were one block north of Rosecrans and it was a few of them.

But the worse and most dangerous place I have ever been to was the Robert Taylor Housing projects on the South Side of Chicago in 2002. I am working on a project called "Across America" where I interview different cats from different cities I visit. I did Chicago and everything was going well..I went to Cabrini Green, Humbolt Park and a few other places, then it was getting late but had not visited RT and got there a bit late and it is not the place to go. Much drama and had to high step out of there. My footage of that place came out wack, and no interviews. Also Chicago had one of highest murder rates in 2003 but the RT projects are almost all destroyed. When I was there in 2002 they were ahlf gone and the place was still a battle field.

I never feel like that in LA or New York, but when you are an outsider, as I was in Chicago, it is always more riskier.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » January 17th, 2004, 5:33 pm

carbrini greens is crazy, i got family up there, i heard lots of stories about over there

bgDEMON
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bgDEMON » January 17th, 2004, 7:01 pm

yeah ive got famm in the gardens down here but some famm up in the taylors and it is hectic up there lonso. over by like 45th n federal n state n all that. them niggas wild. prolly cos i wasnt from there too

bgDEMON
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bgDEMON » January 17th, 2004, 7:02 pm

and i wouldnt recocomend goin to the gardens if ya dont have to

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » January 17th, 2004, 7:06 pm

THE PARK NORTH OF ROSECRANZ WERE NEAR THE CREEK IS GONZALES PARK AND ITS A TORTILLA FLAT MALDITOS STRONGHOLD

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » January 18th, 2004, 5:03 pm

I don't have a car yet, but when I drive I'd like to check out some of these hoods.

bgDEMON
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bgDEMON » January 18th, 2004, 6:10 pm

why

PolakoMafia
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by PolakoMafia » January 18th, 2004, 7:31 pm

I want to compare American slums to Polish (where I grew up) and to show that Polish people can be just as hard as brothers.

classicc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by classicc » January 18th, 2004, 7:36 pm

i am from daygo and hoods i don't like dippin through is lincoln park which are bloods or 47 which is neighborhood 40 crips jayo felony's hood them niccas are pretty territorial 3 days ago an og from 47 killed a 17 yr old boy from lincoln for walkin through there hood to gompers high all the lincoln cats got to go to that schools since they shut down lincoln high

bgDEMON
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by bgDEMON » January 18th, 2004, 10:08 pm

i might not stroll thru the gardens if i was you polaka. but you do what ya want i know my lil cousins and they lil homies doin it over there. hell everybody doin it over there

BIG RUSTY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by BIG RUSTY » January 19th, 2004, 12:50 am

In san francisco it would have to be HUNTERS POINT,in fresno it would have to be THE "U",and in oakland? Damn near anywhere in east oakland.That place got some tough neighborhoods.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 19th, 2004, 1:02 am

Hunters Point is a spot to avoid, but the only place to stay away from at Hunters Point is that large building on the top of the hill with that mural with green letters on the side. The rest of Hunter's Point is ok, and you will never see a nicer view of a city that a ghetto has to offfer.

In Oakland, E. 14 Street, International Street is a rough spot.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » January 22nd, 2004, 5:16 pm

east 14th (renamed international blvd) is the main strip in oakland its like crenshaw, east and west oakland is bad areas

also in the bay area watch out for the north part of Richmond, very fucked up

anyways i wuz in Watts over the weekend, and i went all thru grape and 103rd and night time and nobody wuz outside, it all seemed dead, this wuz around 12 o clock at night, i seen nickerson gardens and imperial courts seemed to be crackin inside their projects, but as far as outside on the streets of Watts it wuz dead silent all u hear is the powerlines buzzing..... i went thru jordan downs on martin luther king day, lol they kinda started trippin then, maybe i got lucky, cuz they started to say somethin, i just drove thru, if i stayed there definatly would of been some kind of altercation, they all out in the front in white t-shirts some of them sittin on sofas and some big nigga with ray lewis jersey and purple shoes on lol

Wisdom
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Wisdom » December 29th, 2006, 7:39 am

PolakoMafia wrote:I want to compare American slums to Polish (where I grew up) and to show that Polish people can be just as hard as brothers.
n what would that achieve?

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 29th, 2006, 1:23 pm

Lime Hood is across Atlantic from Lueders hood, south of Rosecrans.

Hoods I don't like walking through:

1. Six Pack ECC - Self explanatory. I don't need to say much more, but you won't catch me in the 60's on the E/S unless I'm F13 hood because those niggas don't check no one in red and it's still straight with them.

2. 74HCG - Wouldn't really walk in Hoover hood no matter what, but these are the niggas I funked with the most growing up with. In fact, we used to walk clear through Main Street hood but avoid the Hoovs.

3. Watts - in general. Never knew who does or doesnt like you. Same goes for Compton, but on a much smaller level. I'm pretty comfortable there but know where not to go and I've never had problems as long as I follow that rule.

4. R30's/40's hood - I've walked through both from Fruit Town (when my homie stayed there) to the Slauson Swapmeet. Wasn't feeling that walk at all, but the first time I spotted a C wasn't until 55NHC.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » December 29th, 2006, 6:44 pm

youngwun wrote:4. R30's/40's hood - I've walked through both from Fruit Town (when my homie stayed there) to the Slauson Swapmeet. Wasn't feeling that walk at all, but the first time I spotted a C wasn't until 55NHC.
Damn thats a long walk....

If you did bump into any niggaz you'd be two winded to do anything about it...Hope you had your trusty with you....

You could have filmed a documentry walking through as many hoodz as you did on that day...

youngwun
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngwun » December 29th, 2006, 7:24 pm

Yeah I had my "friend" along with me.

Could have made a documentary. Mainly stuck to the main streets... but took what I thought were "short cuts". Saw plenty of 40's throw ups but no 40's. They must of been sleeping. As always, bunch of NHC's at the swapmeet. But that was the only C's I saw all day besides down a street in 55 hood. They was out deep.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 29th, 2006, 8:12 pm

Casa Blanca Rifa. not because the gang fuck no them niggas is soft, but cuzz the area, nigga, tumble weeds, railroad tracks, trailer parks and dirt, 15 miles consistent, shit is eery nigga.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » December 29th, 2006, 8:12 pm

perfect place to murder a nigga.

Young Nile
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LOL

Unread post by Young Nile » December 29th, 2006, 10:24 pm

youngwun wrote:Yeah I had my "friend" along with me.

Could have made a documentary. Mainly stuck to the main streets... but took what I thought were "short cuts". Saw plenty of 40's throw ups but no 40's. They must of been sleeping. As always, bunch of NHC's at the swapmeet. But that was the only C's I saw all day besides down a street in 55 hood. They was out deep.
40's hood huh...Gotta watch them "reputation seekers" thats all I'ma say about that...