Intersections or spots to avoid in L.A.

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
jb7777
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Intersections or spots to avoid in L.A.

Unread post by jb7777 » February 9th, 2004, 5:32 pm

I know that most cities with high crime rates have places that should be avoided like MlK blvd in any city is pretty dangerous.LOL. What spots do you manuever around in L.A. to be better safe than sorry. I know that some of them blue line intersections you gotta run through. Everbody know about the Jungles already,103rd in watts, Fig near the on ramps and so on. what about some lesser known danger zones.

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Intersections or spots to avoid when in L.A.

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 9th, 2004, 5:52 pm

103rd be quiet at night time u dont gotta speed up to get outta there, and the day time its quiet too, atleast when i went that wuz 2 weeks ago i wuz there, figeroua aint active when i wuz on there, nobody outside, i dont see why u would have to rush to get out of there? i aint been to the jungles but its probly the same thing

i think alot of u niggaz is hypin up th*s sh*t, looks like ya'll kinda glorifyin the gang lifestyle, like i said these spots is not dangerous unless u got problems with the people there, alot of u niggaz must be really scary or u just tryna hype yo hoods up

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Mars

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » February 9th, 2004, 6:34 pm

^nigga u in vallejo, just cuz u came out here fo a minute dont mean u no whats up.

Go up on crenshaw and washington wearin blue and say nothin will happen, I been fucked with plenty of times at the swapmeet for sportin to much blue over there.

Me and my homies was goin down colusum towards la brea, and the bloods was fuckin with us at a red light. U should have went up in the jungles if u wanna see some real gangsta shit, they dont fuck around. Thats prolly the only place in the city I just straight up wont go. I kno there is otha places but I dont fuck with shit much past the crenshaw mall

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 9th, 2004, 6:57 pm

lol gettin f*cked with? thats it?

but u just missed wut i wuz saying

i said if u dont got no problems in those hoods, then u wont get fucked with, if u got problem with those people living there then it can be dangerous, (and yes wearin all blue in a blood hood is a problem obviously lol)

and about the jungles i heard the same sh*t about it as i said about the other spots, if u ride thru and u aint bangin u will not be f*cked with it , i think ya'll need to stop paintin a picture like they gon kill everybody that go in there......most of yal'l is young kids thats doin that over-exaggerated talk

jb7777
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jb7777 » February 9th, 2004, 7:07 pm

Mysonne wrote:^nigga u in vallejo, just because u came out here fo a minute dont mean u no whats up.

Go up on crenshaw and washington wearin blue and say nothin will happen, I been "oops I used profanity and I might get banned" with plenty of times at the swapmeet for sportin to much blue over there.

Me and my homies was goin down colusum towards la brea, and the bloods was fuckin with us at a red light. U should have went up in the jungles if u wanna see some real gangsta stuff, they dont "i will get banned" around. Thats prolly the only place in the city I just straight up wont go. I kno there is otha places but I dont "i will get banned" with stuff much past the crenshaw mall
You right Mysonne...and to wattscrackin

I was born in L.A. and raised in New Orleans and you right I am going off of some experience and some talk from other people. I am in L.A. a lot because I got mad fam out there. I aint tryin to find out where not to go to do a documentary or write no article. Im a real nigga that aint tryin to get caught up visiting a hoe or something like that...
Believe me homeboy We got enough gangster shit in New Orleans...I dont have to go on no hood safaris to see drama...LOL

watts crackin ...LOL...you already got exposed by Mangler as a rookie free agent...you always in somebody hood the "other day"

wattscrackin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wattscrackin » February 9th, 2004, 11:08 pm

a rookie free agent? umm no? lol some nigga thats on here net-bangin exposed me? lol wow? wut did he expose that i didnt already say myself?

the hoods i said i wuz IN i wuz really IN, no reason to lie on this website , atleast not for me

the comment i made wuzn't nothin personal that wuz directed at u, i wuz just seein wut i observed on the page

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » February 10th, 2004, 12:32 am

63RD STREET AND CRENSHAW...............ADAMS AND LASALLE.......54THST AND VANNESS.....39TH ST AND WESTERN....82ND AND HOOVER.......FIG AND 108ST......

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 10th, 2004, 12:55 am

jb7777 wrote:I know that most cities with high crime rates have places that should be avoided like MlK blvd in any city is pretty dangerous.LOL. What spots do you manuever around in L.A. to be better safe than sorry. I know that some of them blue line intersections you gotta run through. Everbody know about the Jungles already,103rd in watts, Fig near the on ramps and so on. what about some lesser known danger zones.
Back in the days I would say 54th and Vanness, 63rd and Crenshaw, 81st and Western, Florence and Normandie, Gage and Hoover. Now I would say Jefferson and Griffith!

mangler
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mangler » February 10th, 2004, 1:41 am

kevvmac wrote:
jb7777 wrote:I know that most cities with high crime rates have places that should be avoided like MlK blvd in any city is pretty dangerous.LOL. What spots do you manuever around in L.A. to be better safe than sorry. I know that some of them blue line intersections you gotta run through. Everbody know about the Jungles already,103rd in watts, Fig near the on ramps and so on. what about some lesser known danger zones.
Back in the days I would say 54th and Vanness, 63rd and Crenshaw, 81st and Western, Florence and Normandie, Gage and Hoover. Now I would say Jefferson and Griffith!
.......GAGE AND HOOVER?????????

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 10th, 2004, 2:05 am

[quote="mangler Back in the days I would say 54th and Vanness, 63rd and Crenshaw, 81st and Western, Florence and Normandie, Gage and Hoover. Now I would say Jefferson and Griffith![/quote].......GAGE AND HOOVER?????????[/quote]

As a matter of FACT I would go as far as to say Gage and Vermont too.

The 59 Hoovers, 62 Brims, and Menlo's were right there. Then you had some ESBSP (T-Spoon) over there the PBH and the 74's and 83HCG frequented that area like someone from your hood frequents slauson and crenshaw! How can I say COLORS! Oh........, did I mention the 60's and 53 AGC's had a spot right there? Man there were so many bullets flying through there and baseheads getting their caps peeled it was ashamed.

Every car over there had laces and vogues or daytons, phantom tops, blue or red writing or murals. Nowadays you can't tell who's banging cause everybody in a buckett or shaded in a truck or female type car.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » February 12th, 2004, 3:32 pm

my uncle took me through the jungles when I was visiting LA and I saw bloods but they didnt do anthing or even pay attention to us we even rolled down the street where they shot training day. YAll niggas just tryin to hype up hoods like "dont go there or else youll get shot" ive rolled through hoods walking on the east side of detroit where aint nothin but crackheads walkin around which is way worse than walkin past gang members ill tell u that. So to tell me to never go to the jungles is stupid ive done it. and felt safe. But goin there at night time well im straight. lol

R-Tistic
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by R-Tistic » February 12th, 2004, 3:52 pm

fromsantabarbamovedtomich wrote:my uncle took me through the jungles when I was visiting LA and I saw bloods but they didnt do anthing or even pay attention to us we even rolled down the street where they shot training day. YAll niggas just tryin to hype up hoods like "dont go there or else youll get shot" ive rolled through hoods walking on the east side of detroit where aint nothin but crackheads walkin around which is way worse than walkin past gang members ill tell u that. So to tell me to never go to the jungles is stupid ive done it. and felt safe. But goin there at night time well im straight. lol
Wow...I'll let the OGs on this site handle that one...

I know too many stories about dudes that went to the jungles who weren't bangin. If u drive anywhere, goin 20 mph or faster, they prolly aint gonna pay u much attention, and especially if u aren't in a suspicious car. But I dare u to walk alllll the way into their hood and back, wearin any type of blue, or even a pro club white. I wouldn't even picture somebody tryin it.

I will be honest and say some people from L.A. overhype their hoods, but the Jungles is one of the places that isn't overhyped.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » February 12th, 2004, 4:01 pm

man my homie had a friend who went into the jungles, said cuhzz on acident and got his ass kicked and put in a coma, lol jungles aint no joke

jb7777
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jb7777 » February 12th, 2004, 7:41 pm

My cuzzin homeboy made a U turn up around the jungle and cut some niggas off they caught up to him and shot him...He lived though....He will drive much more cautious from now on ...LOL

E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by E`S`T » February 12th, 2004, 8:04 pm

Gonzales Park in Comptone....walk through and see what happens

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 13th, 2004, 6:27 pm

63rd and crenshaw has always been a bad spot (so-to-speak). There was a when niggas didn't bother stopping at the red light there by the liquor store on the corner. I was a little ass nigga when I learned that lesson. If you had some rims, a 5.0, a mini truck, or any other "in" type vehicle you were destined for jackin at that light. It was "keep your gat in your hand and your foot on the gas" right there.

Alot of folks sleep on Aliso Village...I drove thru to pick up my relative at her niggas house (Ducc from 1st Street ECC). There were about 7 niggas (ECC) sittin on the wall by where I had to park waiting with her. I wasn't really trippin since Ducc and I were cool. One-time pulled up behind me and all the niggas scattered so outta spite one-time impounded my vehicle and told me they did it because everyone else ran. I ended up stuck in the Village with no way out. Niggas was gettin ancy and shit. If Ducc hadn't offered to take a nigga and drop me off near the Nickerson's I woulda probably not be here. I think it is safe to say that any projects are best to avoid unless you belong there in the first place.

103rd & Avalon used to be kinda bad. Even though the CRASH unit headquarters was located right there and upstairs from ABC market back in the day...the Q102's did work and since there were such a small set they didn't take kindly to strangers.

83rd and Hoover was a bad spot...still is.

79th and McKinnley ain't a walk in the park. Swans mean business.

Main street from beginning to end will get you hurt if you decide to stroll.

I think that pretty much driving thru anywhere isn't down right dangerous for the most part...in some areas depending on who you are it can be dangerous and risky at certain hours. Typically most "hot" spots are only "hot" if you decide to get on foot and bail like it's the thing to do; gang members are definitely territorial and don't trust strangers.

All this talk about people "driving thru" spots and getting jacked and/or shot is MOSLY garbage...some folks (not all) need to stop taking what they see on t.v and movies and trying to make it reality. RARELY do innocent people or passersby end up victimized on the regular. Folks put a gang on that sh*t.

Personally, I actually look like a gang member, long hair and tattoos. When I go to some other hood or area other than that which is my safe zone I am not dumb enough to bail around in short sleeves and a grip of red. It just ain't something that happens in reality. Ask these cats that know the real....if a nigga has to do some business or visit a hood he knows he has no place in then best believe he is in full creep mode in the dark of the night.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 14th, 2004, 3:19 am

Last edited by Anonymous20 on February 18th, 2004, 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 14th, 2004, 5:37 pm

1993 to be exact...bought my first bucket and had it towed 2 days later.

The church don't make it "safe".

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » February 14th, 2004, 6:24 pm

I aint from LA or Kali but why is it called "the Jungle" ?
and its a blood set and is there only one?

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 14th, 2004, 9:00 pm

1.) 11 Years ago, we its safe to say things have changed dramatically of the past decade, LOL.
Last edited by Anonymous20 on February 18th, 2004, 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MIDTOWN SB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MIDTOWN SB » February 14th, 2004, 9:40 pm

caineIsignz wrote:I aint from LA or Kali but why is it called "the Jungle" ?
and its a blood set and is there only one?
cuz theres is lots of dead ends and windy ass streets and if you make a wrong turn u might get lost or trapped at a dead in like u in the jungles, get it? Only gang up in the jungles is jungles black p stone bloods.

Impala
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Impala » February 15th, 2004, 11:03 pm

Just stay out of the housing projects.
ALL of 'em.
Especially at night.
Unless of course you got buisness there, family/work or something.
Some parks too.

Certain hoods are 1 way in and 1 way out (or 2 or 3 way in/out but lots of deadends) that run along the freeways 110, 710, 5, 405 101, 105 (Norwalk/LAX), 91, 605 ETC and along the L.A. River and on the eastside Rio Hondo from Montebello San Gabriel River (from Legg Lake/Whittier Narrows) both down to LBC.
You don't want to get caught slippin' in some of these "traps" hoods.

Outside of these two; if you're a regular person going about yo' bizz.
You probably got better chance to get hit by a car then a bullet.

If your walking the walk, dressed reppin' your set/varrio/hood: then all places but your own hood aint safe.

Don't believe the hype.

stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 15th, 2004, 11:28 pm

i wouldnt advise getting off the 91 freeway at pioneer blvd and making a right at either of the first 2 streets. you be in CHIVAS then and them lil youngsters do have "inquiring minds"...

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 16th, 2004, 12:28 am

kevmac wrote:
Tatta wrote:1993 to be exact...bought my first bucket and had it towed 2 days later.

The church don't make it "safe".
1.) 11 Years ago, we its safe to say things have changed dramatically of the past decade, LOL.
What I said was the Aliso Village ain't a playground. Unless you decide to focus upon something else it wasn't hard to interpret. Probably has changed alot...as have many other thangs.

Is it your intent to simply prove yourself right that makes you chase after folks in a thread? Is it that you still feeling a lil inferior about your past your past gang life and how you got punked and are now washed up that makes you feel hardcore on some website you chump ass nigga?

You were (if indeed you are who you claim to be) a mark ass nigga and still a mark ass nigga spittin all kinds of BS about yourself tryna make yourself out to be some kind of fu*kin legend. Nigga you ain't no legend you a mark. Been a mark and always will be a mark.

Correct that if you must nigga.

Lil Hell Bounty Hunta Watts...5 on the line nigga....you know where that is Blood.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 16th, 2004, 12:40 am

P.S. nigga.....114th and parmalee....avoid it

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 16th, 2004, 12:48 am

You might bang a reptible hood but that don't make you one tramp! And if you get the feeling I am a legend........i'll roll with that- cause I ain't never stated such.

If you feel intimidated by my lack of fear at sitting at the intersection that you described, soak it up, they not thinking about your political azz anyway!

Stick to blaming your life on a failed society and miss us with the exploitation rhetoric. I simply asked a certain year and questioned a intersection, and you take out your anger on me as if I created the poverty in your community.

And don't trip just because I know a few names popped up in here, if you didn't quit banging at 24 you'd might know some reptibles from rival sets 12 years from now too -if your mark azz live long enough!

P.S. Thank the Grapes for allowing your miserable life to last THIS long!!
Last edited by Anonymous20 on February 16th, 2004, 1:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » February 16th, 2004, 1:25 am

Would it be safer to be white or black to go there?

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 16th, 2004, 9:07 am

kevmac wrote:You might bang a reptible hood but that don't make you one tramp! And if you get the feeling I am a legend........i'll roll with that- cause I ain't never stated such.

If you feel intimidated by my lack of fear at sitting at the intersection that you described, soak it up, they not thinking about your political azz anyway!

Stick to blaming your life on a failed society and miss us with the exploitation rhetoric. I simply asked a certain year and questioned a intersection, and you take out your anger on me as if I created the poverty in your community.

And don't trip just because I know a few names popped up in here, if you didn't quit banging at 24 you'd might know some reptibles from rival sets 12 years from now too -if your mark azz live long enough!

P.S. Thank the Grapes for allowing your miserable life to last THIS long!!
You got a tad bit more than a little bit twisted you washed-up ass wanna be. You got a whole mouthful of sh*t to say about me an my views yet it's obvious you ain't took the time to read sh*t I type in this forum.

I don't blame anyone but myself for my life. "Failed Society" nigga please those are your words and not mine. Never mine.

Intimidated by you in anyway? LOL you a mark and a flop rolled into one. Since I haven't stopped bangin' I know more than a little bit chump. I am a BHB for life nigga...not to be confused. I am blessed with the insight to no longer run around killin' for the sake of killin and instead choose to assist the neighborhood that I am from into elevation. Don't mistake the positive things I attempt to do for weakness...that would be a mistake.

Truthfully it wasn't your questioning of the intersection that set me off here. It is nothing more than the fact that you are a nothing ass nigga that always finds something to say...I could care less about what you agree or disagree with in my words. The wise man speaks when he has something to say; the fool speaks only to be heard. Fool.

Like I said before, if you are truly who you claimin to be...you were a mark, a shady nigga in the pen, a shady nigga on the streets, and you still a mark.

P.S. Grapes keep they hands in they pockets just like you.

mr. chill
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr. chill » February 16th, 2004, 12:27 pm

Dont listen to them fools man, do what you do, f*u& the haters.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » February 16th, 2004, 1:31 pm

Tatta wrote:You was a shady ass nigga in the pen. P.S. Grapes keep they hands in they pockets just like you.
I'mma stay shady tramp! Like you gone stay slanging bean pies.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 16th, 2004, 8:22 pm

I won't be rebutting your words this round kevvmac. Instead I will address my own words. I humbly apologize. I allowed my anger and my personal views to cloud my purpose here. The reality of this simple thread shows me that I still have a long way to go for my own personal change.
No matter what I may think of you or what you may think of me; no matter what we say back and forth to eachother the fact still remains that you are a black man and I am a black man and in that fact alone you are my brother.
My actions, thoughts, and words in this arena make me nothing more than a hypocrite...I can talk the talk but can't seem to walk the walk. I stop talking now and instead I choose to walk.
I have no reason to poke my chest out at you and make a point, my mission and purpose is to promote and participate in the elevation of niggas like you and me. I extend my hand to you in peace and solidarity. I invite you to join me in the struggle to change the mindset of people like myself. I have to take that step and let the anger of yesterday go and come to peace with who I am. I can be stronger in this fight for change than I ever was in the streets fighting for my hood.
Again, I apologize to you and anyone else that read my words. I stepped outside of my purpose and failed to realize that my love for my own kind and for those that come after me is much stronger than the hate or dislike that I may harbor for you or any other person on the face of this earth.

seekay

Unread post by seekay » February 20th, 2004, 7:28 am

Tatta wrote:I won't be rebutting your words this round kevmac. Instead I will address my own words. I humbly apologize. I allowed my anger and my personal views to cloud my purpose here. The reality of this simple thread shows me that I still have a long way to go for my own personal change.
No matter what I may think of you or what you may think of me; no matter what we say back and forth to eachother the fact still remains that you are a black man and I am a black man and in that fact alone you are my brother.
My actions, thoughts, and words in this arena make me nothing more than a hypocrite...I can talk the talk but can't seem to walk the walk. I stop talking now and instead I choose to walk.
I have no reason to poke my chest out at you and make a point, my mission and purpose is to promote and participate in the elevation of niggas like you and me. I extend my hand to you in peace and solidarity. I invite you to join me in the struggle to change the mindset of people like myself. I have to take that step and let the anger of yesterday go and come to peace with who I am. I can be stronger in this fight for change than I ever was in the streets fighting for my hood.
Again, I apologize to you and anyone else that read my words. I stepped outside of my purpose and failed to realize that my love for my own kind and for those that come after me is much stronger than the hate or dislike that I may harbor for you or any other person on the face of this earth.
damn! propz to you tatta...yu a big man for that one

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”