wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 115
Joined: February 7th, 2004, 12:10 am
Location: RiChToWn NoRtHeRn CaLiFoRNiA

wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby YungLoCC » February 21st, 2004, 2:48 am

?????

User avatar
E`S`T
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 781
Joined: July 6th, 2003, 1:58 pm
Location: SCHOOLS IN SESSION

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby E`S`T » February 21st, 2004, 7:21 am

The spelling.LOL

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 233
Joined: January 31st, 2004, 11:17 pm
Location: stockton
Contact:

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby 2%SODA » February 21st, 2004, 10:20 am

compton's a city

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby RuthlessCray » February 21st, 2004, 3:55 pm

different cities compton is its own city an south central is los angeles

YungLoCC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 115
Joined: February 7th, 2004, 12:10 am
Location: RiChToWn NoRtHeRn CaLiFoRNiA

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby YungLoCC » February 21st, 2004, 4:12 pm

hahaha yeah thanxx for the answers yall... so that means COMPTON has more gangs than SOUTH CENTRAL?


the BaY aLLdAy RiChMoNd CaLiFoRn-I-A

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 281
Joined: November 7th, 2003, 8:32 am
Location: Kali
Contact:

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby Tatta » February 21st, 2004, 5:05 pm

Compton is city in itself...South Central is a region of Los Angeles. I wouldn't imagine that Compton has more gangs.

User avatar
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6041
Joined: June 19th, 2003, 7:01 am
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby bgcasper » February 21st, 2004, 8:15 pm

LOLOLOL WELL IF U LOOK AT THE GANG DENSITY IN A BLOCC WE HAVE SMALLER HOODS THATS TRUE BUT OUR STREET ARE NOT EMPTY LIKE A GANG OF W\S SC L.A HOODS , COMPTON IS COMPTON AND SC IS THE SC WE SMALLER BUT IN MY OPINION COMPTON HAVE MORE GANG MEMBER IN A SQUARE MILE THAN MOST SC LA HOODS FOR SURE WE DONT BEAT WATTS GANG DENSITY BUT INGLEWOOD OR SC LA HAVE BIG HOODS WITH BIG EMPTY BLOCC TAKE A RIDE DOWN THE ETG HOOD HALF OF THEIR HOOD IS EMPTY OR GO DOWN IFG blocks EVEN OUR LATINOS ARE MORE AGRESSIVE LOLOL I DONT WANNA DISS NO HOOD WE ALL KNOW IFG AND ETG HAVE RIDAZ AND THEY ARE MAJOR HOODS BUT NOWADAY MAY BE BECAUSE THEY ON THE DECLINE THEY DONT HAVE ENUF SOLDIAZ TO CLAIM ALL THE BLOCC THEY ONCE CLAIMED WHEN THEY WAS AT THEIR TOP ....

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby MARTINEZ » February 5th, 2013, 12:53 pm

i remember when I was in Y.A. when that song by South Central Cartel had just come out w the lyrics:

"...its not Compton, whats up punk, its South Central!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urwf21ocXBo


the vatos from CV Tortilla Flats were mad as fuck and they would say, "we are South Central"

so I cant speak on the black gangs but there was a time when Compton varrios considered themself part of greater South Central L.A.

also keep in mind, in the 1980s thru 90's, the name "South Central" had nation wide notoriety and was equivelant w gang violence

......

also, before the 310 area code, Compton was 213 same as L.A.

real shit, in Y.A. we clowned the fuck outta the 1st vato we ever saw with a "310" area tattoo

"get the Fuck outta here, LOS will always be 213 ... keep it OG" :twisted:

this was well over 20 years ago

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8644
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby alexalonso » February 5th, 2013, 8:10 pm

South Central is an imaginary place, its not real, it is completely made up, infact you will never see a map of LA that says South Central on it.

User avatar
MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1595
Joined: May 19th, 2004, 12:36 pm

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby MARTINEZ » February 6th, 2013, 7:16 am

i wouldnt say imaginary

to the vatos & niggas that push that shit... its way more real than a google map or city made map



but I feel what you're saying, if you wanna get technical, its SOUTH L.A., only a section of the City of "Fallen" Angels



I dont know too many gang members that are technical tho :mrgreen: especially when theyr'e young & actively bangin'

thats why you have cats claiming Compton, even tho "technically" they're in Willowbrook or Rancho Dominguez

to them its Compton... point blank period.

.

User avatar
Al_Capone_aka_pNuT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 371
Joined: February 7th, 2005, 8:44 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: N. Long Beach
Location: E/S COMPTON SANTANAZ

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby Al_Capone_aka_pNuT » February 7th, 2013, 1:30 am

The difference to me = a line in the sand

Compton is an E/S city with a W/S within the city limit borders (Avalon Blvd basically is the west border being that Compton don't have uniform borders like most other cities)

If Compton was a district of L.A. like Watts or Hollywood then it would all be E/S (that's why I said its an E/S city)

Same toilet different toilet tissue is how I look at it at the end of the day.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8644
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby alexalonso » February 16th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Al_Capone_aka_pNuT wrote:The difference to me = a line in the sand

Compton is an E/S city with a W/S within the city limit borders (Avalon Blvd basically is the west border being that Compton don't have uniform borders like most other cities)

If Compton was a district of L.A. like Watts or Hollywood then it would all be E/S (that's why I said its an E/S city)

Same toilet different toilet tissue is how I look at it at the end of the day.


Compton is adjacent to Watts which is the Eastside, but Compton as a City has a westside and eastside within it.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 285
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby TheAngels » February 25th, 2013, 4:24 am

alexalonso wrote:South Central is an imaginary place, its not real, it is completely made up, infact you will never see a map of LA that says South Central on it.


I thought "South Central" was the official name up until a few years ago and got changed to "South Los Angeles" because othe city council didn't like the South Central name's association with violence.

I still call it "South Central." Just like I still call "Westfield Culver City" the "Fox Hills Mall", and I think most people still do unless they're new to this city.

They should have never changed the name of South Central or the Fox Hills Mall because we have to preserve our cultural traditions and history here in Los Angeles.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 285
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby TheAngels » February 25th, 2013, 4:26 am

MARTINEZ wrote:i remember when I was in Y.A. when that song by South Central Cartel had just come out w the lyrics:

"...its not Compton, whats up punk, its South Central!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urwf21ocXBo


the vatos from CV Tortilla Flats were mad as fuck and they would say, "we are South Central"

so I cant speak on the black gangs but there was a time when Compton varrios considered themself part of greater South Central L.A.

also keep in mind, in the 1980s thru 90's, the name "South Central" had nation wide notoriety and was equivelant w gang violence

......

also, before the 310 area code, Compton was 213 same as L.A.

real shit, in Y.A. we clowned the fuck outta the 1st vato we ever saw with a "310" area tattoo

"get the Fuck outta here, LOS will always be 213 ... keep it OG" :twisted:

this was well over 20 years ago



Was this before NWA came out? Because ever since Compton got put on the map, it seems most gangs from there want to be associated with it.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 285
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby TheAngels » February 25th, 2013, 4:32 am

bgcasper wrote:LOLOLOL WELL IF U LOOK AT THE GANG DENSITY IN A BLOCC WE HAVE SMALLER HOODS THATS TRUE BUT OUR STREET ARE NOT EMPTY LIKE A GANG OF W\S SC L.A HOODS , COMPTON IS COMPTON AND SC IS THE SC WE SMALLER BUT IN MY OPINION COMPTON HAVE MORE GANG MEMBER IN A SQUARE MILE THAN MOST SC LA HOODS FOR SURE WE DONT BEAT WATTS GANG DENSITY BUT INGLEWOOD OR SC LA HAVE BIG HOODS WITH BIG EMPTY BLOCC TAKE A RIDE DOWN THE ETG HOOD HALF OF THEIR HOOD IS EMPTY OR GO DOWN IFG blocks EVEN OUR LATINOS ARE MORE AGRESSIVE LOLOL I DONT WANNA DISS NO HOOD WE ALL KNOW IFG AND ETG HAVE RIDAZ AND THEY ARE MAJOR HOODS BUT NOWADAY MAY BE BECAUSE THEY ON THE DECLINE THEY DONT HAVE ENUF SOLDIAZ TO CLAIM ALL THE BLOCC THEY ONCE CLAIMED WHEN THEY WAS AT THEIR TOP ....


One thing I notice about Compton gangs compared to L.A. gangs, is as you said there are more hoods crammed in a smaller area so the hoods are smaller. Like a hood that's about 10 square blocks. Compared to LA where gangs can be more spread out like ECC which covers several dozen blocks.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 285
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby TheAngels » February 25th, 2013, 4:45 am

I always thought Watts was grimier and more ghetto than Compton. Last time I drove through that area (Southeast side), Watts looked grimier than Compton.

I know Compton has some areas that don't even look like the hood, and has some gated communities as well.

I figure since Compton is its own city, the City Council and the mayor has to live in an area that isn't the hood. They must live in the gated sections of Compton.

From what I know, Watts was never a "nice" area, even back in the 40s & 50s when it was still mostly White. It was always a low-income area. My dad grew up in LA in the 50s & 60s and always knew of Watts as being the worst part of town, where the poorest people lived, and this was before the problems of gang violence. But Compton from what I understand did used to be a nice middle class area. If I recall correctly, George W. Bush lived in Compton for a short period of time in the 1950s when his dad moved the family there for a couple years.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby Quepolo3 » February 25th, 2013, 6:25 pm

TheAngels wrote:I always thought Watts was grimier and more ghetto than Compton. Last time I drove through that area (Southeast side), Watts looked grimier than Compton.

I know Compton has some areas that don't even look like the hood, and has some gated communities as well.

I figure since Compton is its own city, the City Council and the mayor has to live in an area that isn't the hood. They must live in the gated sections of Compton.

From what I know, Watts was never a "nice" area, even back in the 40s & 50s when it was still mostly White. It was always a low-income area. My dad grew up in LA in the 50s & 60s and always knew of Watts as being the worst part of town, where the poorest people lived, and this was before the problems of gang violence. But Compton from what I understand did used to be a nice middle class area. If I recall correctly, George W. Bush lived in Compton for a short period of time in the 1950s when his dad moved the family there for a couple years.


@ TheAngels- I must agree. There are some very nice neighborhoods in Compton. When I used to do claims out there, I was surprised to see that there were Farms located in compton, horse's and everything. I can't think of one part of Watts that has nice homes. You have to be distinct on your boundries though, because you can think that you're in Compton but you're actually in Lynwood.

TheAngels
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 285
Joined: October 22nd, 2012, 1:00 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby TheAngels » February 25th, 2013, 8:57 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
TheAngels wrote:I always thought Watts was grimier and more ghetto than Compton. Last time I drove through that area (Southeast side), Watts looked grimier than Compton.

I know Compton has some areas that don't even look like the hood, and has some gated communities as well.

I figure since Compton is its own city, the City Council and the mayor has to live in an area that isn't the hood. They must live in the gated sections of Compton.

From what I know, Watts was never a "nice" area, even back in the 40s & 50s when it was still mostly White. It was always a low-income area. My dad grew up in LA in the 50s & 60s and always knew of Watts as being the worst part of town, where the poorest people lived, and this was before the problems of gang violence. But Compton from what I understand did used to be a nice middle class area. If I recall correctly, George W. Bush lived in Compton for a short period of time in the 1950s when his dad moved the family there for a couple years.


@ TheAngels- I must agree. There are some very nice neighborhoods in Compton. When I used to do claims out there, I was surprised to see that there were Farms located in compton, horse's and everything. I can't think of one part of Watts that has nice homes. You have to be distinct on your boundries though, because you can think that you're in Compton but you're actually in Lynwood.



Yeah I know that "farm" area you're talking about on the south side of Compton. I think either the County or the City of Compton designates that section as a semi-rural area that lets its residents own livestock there. I also hear that part of Compton has the least amount of violence. There's a Crip set from that farm area called "Farm Dog Compton Crip" and they wear brown colors.

Another reason I say Watts is worse than Compton is that it also has so many housing projects in a small area. You've got Jordan Downs, Nickerson Gardens, Imperial Courts, and Gonzaque/Hacienda Village. These are among the worst projects in the city. I don't even know if Compton has projects -- I could be wrong, but I think a lot of them got torn down a while ago.

BlueMoon
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 127
Joined: November 30th, 2012, 10:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby BlueMoon » February 27th, 2013, 2:48 pm

There are many differences in Compton and South Central. First it's the size. The CPT is very small like 10 or so miles with 70 gangs. South Central has more space and more gangs. Compton has borders and South Central has boundaries.Compton have alliances but not like South Central. All the Bloods in Compton are Pirus period. The Crips in Compton call themselves Baby Gangstas and live up to the name. I couldn't imagine a CC Rida set clicked up with a Piru set to go at another CC set or vice versa. Another thing Compton mirrors ECC and HCG based on all Crips in Compton end they set with CC. South Central gangs can never unite on some South Central shit. It's strange how its Pirus everywhere (Watts, South Central, Inglewood, etc) but the street is actually in the city of Compton. I would look crazy claimin Hoover in Compton because the dam street is in South Central. You don't see no Compton gangs claimin nothin comin from South Central or anywhere else. Even some of the original Grape Street Watts Crips come from the Grandees in Compton. The Crip vs Blood war is actually Compton. The Pirus are big enough in Compton to match the Crips. South Central is Cripland period. There's more but I'll leave it at this.

swanto57
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: April 3rd, 2018, 5:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Las Vegas

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby swanto57 » April 3rd, 2018, 5:55 pm

BlueMoon wrote:There are many differences in Compton and South Central. First it's the size. The CPT is very small like 10 or so miles with 70 gangs. South Central has more space and more gangs. Compton has borders and South Central has boundaries.Compton have alliances but not like South Central. All the Bloods in Compton are Pirus period. The Crips in Compton call themselves Baby Gangstas and live up to the name. I couldn't imagine a CC Rida set clicked up with a Piru set to go at another CC set or vice versa. Another thing Compton mirrors ECC and HCG based on all Crips in Compton end they set with CC. South Central gangs can never unite on some South Central shit. It's strange how its Pirus everywhere (Watts, South Central, Inglewood, etc) but the street is actually in the city of Compton. I would look crazy claimin Hoover in Compton because the dam street is in South Central. You don't see no Compton gangs claimin nothin comin from South Central or anywhere else. Even some of the original Grape Street Watts Crips come from the Grandees in Compton. The Crip vs Blood war is actually Compton. The Pirus are big enough in Compton to match the Crips. South Central is Cripland period. There's more but I'll leave it at this.


Nobody from Compton claiming anything from South Central ?

Where do you think Crips started from ?

Arent there Crips in Compton lol

And Piru's aren't the only gang in other cities

Crips & Bloods spread just as much if not more

swanto57
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: April 3rd, 2018, 5:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Las Vegas

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby swanto57 » April 3rd, 2018, 6:11 pm

The Crip & Blood war is actually Compton ?

BlueMoon you must've been trolling when you said that lol

Pirus was running with Crips themselves in the beginning

Los Angeles Brims & Bps started the war with Crips and than everyone else got involved next so the original B vs C war is in South Central

There's more sets at war in L.A because the gangs are bigger with more members.Compton only has about what 14 to 15 Piru sets

In South Central there's about 29 or 30 Blood gangs and if you count Watts that's more since that's technically part of the Eastside city limits of South Los Angeles

Los Angeles Crips even war with the neighboring Blood gangs in Inglewood so yeah it's definitely more gangs at war in L.A

Though I'd rank Compton next and than Inglewood 3rd

User avatar
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6041
Joined: June 19th, 2003, 7:01 am
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: wuts the diffrent b2ween COMPTON and SOUTH CENTRAL?

Unread postby bgcasper » April 4th, 2018, 3:26 am

first crips gang war was against richard miles family according to ac than carver park crips vs piru over zane it got squashed but got on again ...now most og es crips was in the front hood area og chita said they was getting robbed their cheque and frog from bounty hunters confirmed that ...so i would say first crip enemys green jacket bounty hunter 2 line i think pookie and most ws crips came after that era and them was turned up against chain gang that became family gangster and in the 80's turned bloods ... was richard miles fam bam the genesis of denva lane or swans ???


Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests