DOG TOWN RIFA

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
NikexCortez

Unread postby NikexCortez » April 3rd, 2007, 1:42 pm

FUA are clicked up with LMC and beef with many tag banging crews and a hood on the WS. LCMxOBS.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread postby Lonewolf » April 3rd, 2007, 6:17 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Does Dog Town from the PJs claim ES?

SOME HOMEBOYS WILL PASTE UP "WEST SIDE" BECAUSE WE ARE ON THE
W'S OF THE RIVER, BUT OuR OLD SCHOOL CLAIMS "N.E.L.A." JUST LIKE
OUR HOMBEOYS UP IN HIGHLAND PARK.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » April 3rd, 2007, 6:22 pm

NikexCortez wrote:Is Dog Town and Dog Patch connected?
NO!

NikexCortez

Unread postby NikexCortez » November 14th, 2007, 6:06 pm

Yo Lonewolf! You live in the DT PJS? I heard they was gonna tear it down!

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: DOG TOWN RIFA

Unread postby xxx » November 14th, 2007, 10:54 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
NikexCortez wrote:Anybody know of any information of them? How was they created? When? Who they beef it with? Are they crazy? What are they known for? ect.
The story that I heard about Dog Town is that, it got its name because of a dog pound that existed on Ann street accross from the William Mead Pojects on Main street which is Dog Town main hood. Dog Town is a very old gang, a lot of vatos that I know from DTR claim it goes back to the late 30's. DTR is one of those little unknown gangs that have some pretty crazy people in it. They're mainly a Chicano gang but they also have Puerto Ricans, Whites & a least one Black that I know for sure in their gang. DTR is one of those gangs that has big time dislike - to put it softly - of any Blacks. I know a lot of those vatos don't even listen to Rap, only oldies. Those in Highland Park are an offspring & recruits from the veteranos that moved out of the projects. DTR main enemies are East Side Clover, Cypress Park, El Sereno, Frog Town and Lincoln Heights. In the "olden" days that I remember when I went to Junior High and also a year at Lincoln H.S. their main allies were - beleive it or not - 43RD AVENUES, BIG HAZARD, HAPPY VALLEY, HIGHLAND PARK, & some of the MARAVILLAS.

:shock:

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread postby Y.G. » November 15th, 2007, 2:12 am

xxx wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
NikexCortez wrote:Anybody know of any information of them? How was they created? When? Who they beef it with? Are they crazy? What are they known for? ect.
The story that I heard about Dog Town is that, it got its name because of a dog pound that existed on Ann street accross from the William Mead Pojects on Main street which is Dog Town main hood. Dog Town is a very old gang, a lot of vatos that I know from DTR claim it goes back to the late 30's. DTR is one of those little unknown gangs that have some pretty crazy people in it. They're mainly a Chicano gang but they also have Puerto Ricans, Whites & a least one Black that I know for sure in their gang. DTR is one of those gangs that has big time dislike - to put it softly - of any Blacks. I know a lot of those vatos don't even listen to Rap, only oldies. Those in Highland Park are an offspring & recruits from the veteranos that moved out of the projects. DTR main enemies are East Side Clover, Cypress Park, El Sereno, Frog Town and Lincoln Heights. In the "olden" days that I remember when I went to Junior High and also a year at Lincoln H.S. their main allies were - beleive it or not - 43RD AVENUES, BIG HAZARD, HAPPY VALLEY, HIGHLAND PARK, & some of the MARAVILLAS.

SO WHEN THEY ARE LISTENING TO OLDIES WHO ARE THE LISTENING TOO THEN LOL!

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread postby AztecNinja » March 7th, 2008, 7:58 am

BIG DUSTY LOCO wrote:
lonewolf wrote:

Dog Town Monte Vista from the NELAS, weren't those recruits orginally some taggers that got jumped into DT?
Naw there was a gang called Sur13 Monte Vista, and in 1992 DT absorbed them and called the click Monte Vista. Before that all the NeLos DT were claiming Dukes I believe.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » March 8th, 2008, 3:48 pm

DUKES ARE FROM THE PROJECTS HOLMES, NOT FROM NELA. DUKES WAS THE CLIKA FOLLOWING THE CHICOS. IT WAS THE PEQUEñOS AND THE MIDGETS UP IN HIGHLAND PARQUE. DUKES DID MOVE OUT THERE DURING THE OCHENTAS AND CINTINUED RECRUTING, BUT THE DUKES STARTED OUT IN THE PROJECTS IN THE MID TO LATE 70s. . SANTOS, LOCOS, CHICOS, PEQUEñOS AND MIDGETS WERE ALL UP IN HIGHLAND PARK BEFORE THE DUKES. THEY SCHOOLED AT NIGHTINGALE JUNIOR AND AT FRANKLIN HIGH.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby AztecNinja » March 8th, 2008, 4:55 pm

Lonewolf wrote:DUKES ARE FROM THE PROJECTS HOLMES, NOT FROM NELA. DUKES WAS THE CLIKA FOLLOWING THE CHICOS. IT WAS THE PEQUEñOS AND THE MIDGETS UP IN HIGHLAND PARQUE. DUKES DID MOVE OUT THERE DURING THE OCHENTAS AND CINTINUED RECRUTING, BUT THE DUKES STARTED OUT IN THE PROJECTS IN THE MID TO LATE 70s. . SANTOS, LOCOS, CHICOS, PEQUEñOS AND MIDGETS WERE ALL UP IN HIGHLAND PARK BEFORE THE DUKES. THEY SCHOOLED AT NIGHTINGALE JUNIOR AND AT FRANKLIN HIGH.
True DT Dukes were PJ's, but growing up in NELA I used to see DT Dukes and Midgets(thx for reminding me) up the most. My Varrio had little crowds in different ares but they still were AV Teemites, even though others used say those are the Alh clique or Hlp clique they were still Teemites.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread postby 282828 » February 17th, 2009, 6:53 pm

lonewolf, youre from dog town?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread postby alexalonso » September 14th, 2009, 10:22 pm

xxx wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:

It was a dog shelter, and that shelter was there in the 1890s log before the William Mead Projects were even built.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby 282828 » September 22nd, 2009, 11:40 am

one of my closest homies is an og from the projects, he told me it used to be a irish gang dating back to the 20s and 30s and used to be hit up with a swatstica in the middle.

the only read hoods are the pjs and monte vista although there is truth to the nipas one because a few of them moved out there together so that makes sense.

they hate the clovers the most and were also known for shooting at the sherriffs in the watch tower behind the county jail and thats why its abandoned now.

i think the projects used to have a lot of blacks but they got the boot for some pedo that happened but ive never seen any extra hostility towards blacks from them, the guy i know has a lot of love for all races but maybe he grew out of it i dont know.

this hood has a lot of respect and has been around for a long time.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread postby alexalonso » January 25th, 2010, 5:00 am

282828 wrote:one of my closest homies is an og from the projects, he told me it used to be a irish gang dating back to the 20s and 30s and used to be hit up with a swatstica in the middle.

the only read hoods are the pjs and monte vista although there is truth to the nipas one because a few of them moved out there together so that makes sense.

they hate the clovers the most and were also known for shooting at the sherriffs in the watch tower behind the county jail and thats why its abandoned now.

i think the projects used to have a lot of blacks but they got the boot for some pedo that happened but ive never seen any extra hostility towards blacks from them, the guy i know has a lot of love for all races but maybe he grew out of it i dont know.

Dog Town hood has been around since at least 1895. There is an old LA Times article that mentions their neighborhod along with a few others near Alpine Street. It was Irish and Mexican mostly back then, and this LA Times article would confirm that Dog Town would be the oldest gang in Los ANgeles if not the entire United States.

My question is I wonder if Dog Town has always been active since 1895 to know? Was there a time that it dies out, and perhaps during the 1930s someone started it back up?

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Unread postby youngspade » January 25th, 2010, 12:31 pm

alexalonso wrote:
282828 wrote:one of my closest homies is an og from the projects, he told me it used to be a irish gang dating back to the 20s and 30s and used to be hit up with a swatstica in the middle.

Dog Town hood has been around since at least 1895. There is an old LA Times article that mentions their neighborhod along with a few others near Alpine Street. It was Irish and Mexican mostly back then, and this LA Times article would confirm that Dog Town would be the oldest gang in Los ANgeles if not the entire United States.

My question is I wonder if Dog Town has always been active since 1895 to know? Was there a time that it dies out, and perhaps during the 1930s someone started it back up?

Well since it started off IRISH, I would think they did restart it!

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby 282828 » January 28th, 2010, 2:55 am

alexalonso wrote:

good question, thats really interesting. another question is, was the dog pound that they are named after around in 1895?? thats old as fuck.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread postby bgcasper » May 6th, 2010, 10:03 pm

well thats so old that u had pandillleros all over the countryside so the real first gangs was western mudafuccaz pancho villa style jaccin whatever's moovin their direction

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread postby alexalonso » October 15th, 2010, 6:23 pm

BIGG LISTO wrote:Gracias homie. Do you know why DTS claim Dog Town. It's an unsual name for someone else to use it.

There was a dog kennel there in the 1890s.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami

Unread postby crm » January 25th, 2011, 12:30 am

Anybody know how the beef between Dogtown and the Avenues started? It seems like every other day the Avenues are shooting at them.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread postby alexalonso » January 25th, 2011, 12:43 am

crm wrote:Anybody know how the beef between Dogtown and the Avenues started? It seems like every other day the Avenues are shooting at them.

They have 2 hoods, and the hood of Figueroa is the one that the Ave probably shoot at more often.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread postby alexalonso » January 25th, 2011, 12:44 am

youngspade wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

I am not saying that it started off Irish, but rather it was both Irish and Mexican in the 1890s. Not sure how it divided up, but it had Mexican members in the 1890s.

FAVELA9
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread postby FAVELA9 » July 18th, 2011, 7:25 pm

this guy that the ogs didnt like blacks and hate rap they just like listening to oldies ? some of the greatest oldies are sang by black entertainers wtf ? epic fail

advocate
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby advocate » October 23rd, 2012, 11:40 pm

I was reading some news about NELA & how it was pretty hot over there a few months back...more around early summer I think. But it looked like Dogtown & Highland Park were going at it. Have they always been rivals or was this more of a new beef?

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby AztecNinja » October 27th, 2012, 12:41 am

advocate wrote:I was reading some news about NELA & how it was pretty hot over there a few months back...more around early summer I think. But it looked like Dogtown & Highland Park were going at it. Have they always been rivals or was this more of a new beef?
Bout a 20 year beef, when DT was Monte Vista street, Dogtown, Monte Vista and HLP all used to hit the walls up together, they had one common enemy, the Aves. This was way back though.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » November 5th, 2012, 1:11 am

AztecNinja wrote:
advocate wrote:I was reading some news about NELA & how it was pretty hot over there a few months back...more around early summer I think. But it looked like Dogtown & Highland Park were going at it. Have they always been rivals or was this more of a new beef?
Bout a 20 year beef, when DT was Monte Vista street, Dogtown, Monte Vista and HLP all used to hit the walls up together, they had one common enemy, the Aves. This was way back though.

Ese Homie de Pe eFe, you know things are always changing, and sometimes the new homies out there don't really go back in time to remember why we have pleito., but older DxT's never had it good with HLxP., DxT was there in NExLOS before the Ache Ele Pe., and if you notice why Highland Park had to add the "L" in their initials, then you would understand that they had to do that, because, they are younger than the HxP (Huntington Park). But i'm sure things change, and i wasn't there to witness some of that., but even so, i can tell you de'veras, that DxT and HLxP son enemigos from the start!

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby AztecNinja » November 5th, 2012, 7:26 am

Lonewolf wrote:
AztecNinja wrote:

Ese Homie de Pe eFe, you know things are always changing, and sometimes the new homies out there don't really go back in time to remember why we have pleito., but older DxT's never had it good with HLxP., DxT was there in NExLOS before the Ache Ele Pe., and if you notice why Highland Park had to add the "L" in their initials, then you would understand that they had to do that, because, they are younger than the HxP (Huntington Park). But i'm sure things change, and i wasn't there to witness some of that., but even so, i can tell you de'veras, that DxT and HLxP son enemigos from the start!
Late 80s I uaed to see HLP/MVST/DT hit ups on Monte Vista around the Pink Apts area. Dont know if it was a isolated incident but I know what I saw. And yeah I went to Franklin High School so I seen DT and HLP box eachother on several ocassions.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread postby alexalonso » December 21st, 2012, 11:33 am

youngspade wrote:
alexalonso wrote:

I am not sure if the Irish started it bythemselves, or if the Irish and the Mexicans were in it from the beginning.

crm
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: District of Columbia
What city do you live in now?: Miami

Unread postby crm » January 3rd, 2013, 11:43 pm

It's amazing how a gang could be around for that long.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » December 24th, 2013, 1:34 am

good historical read on the area known as dogtown

http://www.amoeba.com/blog/2013/03/eric ... gtown.html

Though Dog Town is closely associated with the World War II era William Mead Homes, its roots are often claimed to go back much further. The gang was mentioned in mentioned Beatrice Griffith’s 1948 book American Me. A 1943 article in the Los Angeles Times mentions Dogtown, Rose Hill, Eastside, Hazard, Alpine, La Loma and Happy Valley pledging “to maintain a harmonious relationship between their gang members” in the wake of violence brought upon Latinos (andFilipinos and Blacks) by white sailors during the Zoot Suit Riots that had erupted earlier that year. Though not a contemporaneous source, in William Dunn’s The Gangs of Los Angeles the author claims that the gang existed at least as early as 1904. Without citing any sources, Street Gangsclaims it began around 1895.

Although some modern accounts claim that Dogtown’s nickname derived from the many stray dogs that roamed the rail yard, it’s more often assumed to be a reference to the city’s old animal shelterwhich was built near the Downey Street Bridge (at a date I haven’t been able to establish). A second pound, The LA Animal Shelter (aka Ann St. Animal Shelter), later opened on Ann Street betweenWeyse and Naud. It later moved to Lincoln Heights and became known as North Central Care & Control. There may be truth to both versions, however; if there was a part of town known for its roving packs of dogs, where better to open a dog pound?

a few years ago, i ran into a real old viejo veterano dog towner, and he ran me the story about the origin of the name for the varrio, which has to do with the roaming packs of dogs in the area, looking to score a free meal from the waste being discarded off the freight trains coming across the river into the city., that whole deal pre-dated the dog pound being built, especially the dog pound on ann street which a lot of people think is the reason the varrio got its name, but err, wrong!

the old dogster triple og gave me some more history on the varrio, but i'll keep that on my files for a later day, for whenever i decide to do a little more of a detailed dedicated page for my old varrio.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » December 24th, 2013, 1:47 am

@1 wrote:
crm wrote:Anybody know how the beef between Dogtown and the Avenues started? It seems like every other day the Avenues are shooting at them.

They have 2 hoods, and the hood of Figueroa is the one that the Ave probably shoot at more often.

Alex, that whole pedo with the avenidas has been going on way longer than you think
by the time of the dog town second neighborhood across the 40th/43rd avenues got established in the late 50s
the pleito was already going on off and on between the avenues and dog town since way back in the 30s and 40s
so it really doesn't have anything to do with one part of the neighborhood being closer to the other around figueroa
back in history, if you read between the lines, you'll see that the avenues traveled to downtown like everyone else
and they would head over across through alpine and through the north main district where a lot of shit was going on
the avenues neighborhood actually started much closer to the river than you would think
avenues started in the dayton avenue neighborhood which is just north of east side clover
right about where cypress park begins today
that's their original "avenues" territory before they spread northeast and northwest along figueroa and cypress
right in-between all those old neighborhoods
once you see the closeness of their neighborhood to alpine's, frog town, dog town and clover
you can begin to understand just how old are their beefs between all of them old gangs

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby AztecNinja » December 24th, 2013, 7:25 am

^^^ well said LW, alot people think of Drew,43,57 but the A's started out farther Southwest than their Drew Strong hold and North west of the HLP clicks, I totally see how the old FTR,TVR,DT,ESC beefs started back in the day. I grew up playing in the LA river like most NELA kids did, and Aves is as much river in my book as FTR.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » December 29th, 2013, 2:28 am

AztecNinja wrote:^^^ well said LW, alot people think of Drew,43,57 but the A's started out farther Southwest than their Drew Strong hold and North west of the HLP clicks, I totally see how the old FTR,TVR,DT,ESC beefs started back in the day. I grew up playing in the LA river like most NELA kids did, and Aves is as much river in my book as FTR.

Avenues 43rd once asked me to jump in with them., that was back when i had some pleito going on with some of my own Dog Towners, pero chale., I could never ever go down that route., what ended up happening is that i threw down with those fools from my varrio that i had differences with, and after that, no mas! .. pero sabes que, i always had some compas from the 43rd's, like BIRD, WOLF, FRANKY, y el viejo DRAC', never really got to ever hating all of them 43RD's., so i got some respect for them from my times., cool fools i smoked some bud with and no hassles., that was then., but of later days, i only did a couple of lines when i got an invite from an old A's while i was passing by on a visit and i scooped him up y le di un raite, but then i got my ass out of there real quick., me entiendes? ~> no hay que darle tiempo al diablo!

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby xxx » December 30th, 2013, 9:27 am

Lonewolf wrote:Avenues 43rd once asked me to jump in with them., that was back when i had some pleito going on with some of my own Dog Towners, pero chale., I could never ever go down that route., what ended up happening is that i threw down with those fools from my varrio that i had differences with, and after that, no mas!

Is this the Reason why you moved to the Harbor Area and rolled with Rancho San Pedro?

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”