Barrio Viejo & Barrio Pobre

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Barrio Viejo & Barrio Pobre

Unread post by alexalonso » June 7th, 2012, 3:15 pm

I read in the Long Beach Press Telegram:

Barrio Viejo and Barrio Pobre, both factions of the East Side Longos, are the main gangs in the area.
I always thought that Barrio Viejo and Barrio Pobre were two separate varrios. Are they clicks of East Side Longos?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: Barrio Viejo & Barrio Pobre

Unread post by bgcasper » December 19th, 2012, 11:18 pm

???no not when i was there it was distinctiv varrio the pobre had a hood in southcentral and a nomadic short lived compton set

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » December 26th, 2012, 4:11 pm

bgcasper wrote:???no not when i was there it was distinctiv varrio the pobre had a hood in southcentral and a nomadic short lived compton set
i figured the writer got it wrong.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » April 24th, 2013, 1:32 pm

Barrio Pobre has its roots in SouthxLos

all the older vatos from BxP knew and acknoledge this

but they broke off and became Long Beach ~ Barrio Pobre

and I knew, did time in Y.A. with and even lived a short time in what was Compton Barrio Pobre

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 26th, 2013, 8:01 pm

alexalonso wrote:I read in the Long Beach Press Telegram:

Barrio Viejo and Barrio Pobre, both factions of the East Side Longos, are the main gangs in the area.
I always thought that Barrio Viejo and Barrio Pobre were two separate varrios. Are they clicks of East Side Longos?
BARRIO VIEJO used to be its own, but then got absorbed into ESL

Barrio Viejo is the "OLD TOWN" Longo varrio; hence the name "VIEJO"
But not to be confused with the actual East Side Longo neighborhood

EAST SIDE LONG BEACH

East Side Longo nowadays is all over the map, but Barrio Viejo was strictly between LB Blvd & the river which separates it from WS'Longo

BARRIO POBRE has never ever been cliqued up with ES'LONGO
they remain independent, same as BARRIO SMALL TOWN

BARRIO POBRE exists today where TE TOWN FLATS once existed.,
with LATIN TOWN PLAYBOYZ as their buffer with ESL

LTP also used to be independent, but are now fully a part of ES'LONGO

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 27th, 2013, 4:45 am

from what i heard barrio viejo aka bv is a clika of esl now and they beef with bp10st just south of anaheim

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » April 29th, 2013, 5:32 pm

bgcasper wrote:from what i heard barrio viejo aka bv is a clika of esl now and they beef with bp10st just south of anaheim
yeah, but they (BV) used to be their own all thru the 80s before they got cliqued up with ESL
it was VIEJO, Te TOWN, SMALL TOWN, LATIN TOWN & POBRE in that east long beach area south of PCH
Te Town disapeared after BP came in and took them out
LTP & VIEJO both got cliqued up with East Side Longo
BST remained their own and still going at it with LONGO

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 3rd, 2013, 12:13 pm

Hate when you type up something firme and then it doesn’t take it…

That’s pedo

Anyways it seems to me personally that Long Beach Barrio x Pobre is making a strong comeback

I’ve bumped into vatos from both LB and Compton Barrio x Pobre at bars along Alondra Blvd

Turnt up

I also recently got out the L.A. county jail – just wino time 4 days total, a walk in the park …. No biggie

but there were youngsters from Long Beach Barrio x Pobre in there … same thing … turnt up

youngsters were with the business

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 3rd, 2013, 8:01 pm

Personally, I have mad hate for BP., there's only two names in history that i will never ever have any love for, and that's BP & STK., But true indeed, BP is somehow an offshot of SOxLOS., BARRIO POBRE SOxLOS <~ now that's something., BP Long Beach is indeed with the bizness of gang banging., they been at it since 1979/80 far as i remember., and they were already established solid there even before then., they had also migrated to the Carson Victoria Park area, but then got turned out., they had attitudes and started pleito with just about everyone around back then., Carson, Wilmas, Longo and San Pedro., the pleito with San Pedro is the reason why I have the most hate for BP., there's only one vato from BP that i was ever cool with, and that vato is El Termite., every one else from BP CHINGA TU MADRE!

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 17th, 2013, 9:02 pm

Where was Comptones Barrio Pobre?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 18th, 2013, 6:13 am

[quote="Lonewolf"]Where was Comptones Barrio Pobre?[/quote] rosecranz atlantic area never been but heard they really not big its a two spot hood

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 18th, 2013, 9:01 am

Heard there was or is a lynwood barrio pobre as well?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 19th, 2013, 12:31 am

[quote="Lonewolf"]Heard there was or is a lynwood barrio pobre as well?[/quote]
dont mix it with compton barrio los padrinos blp those are deep in cpt lynwood zone

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 19th, 2013, 5:39 pm

bgcasper wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:Heard there was or is a lynwood barrio pobre as well?
dont mix it with compton barrio los padrinos blp those are deep in cpt lynwood zone
nah, i'm not mixing them up., i've known about Los Padrinos since the 70s when i had some primos living in lynwood and i used to go over there for family carne asada get togethers, and paragons was there, young crowd was there, cv3 was there, and so was Los Padrinos, so i know about them since back then, but BPobre was who i was asking about to see if they actually have a hood in lynwood or not (?)

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 20th, 2013, 9:39 am

[quote="Lonewolf"][quote="bgcasper"][quote="Lonewolf"]Heard there was or is a lynwood barrio pobre as well?[/quote]
dont mix it with compton barrio los padrinos blp those are deep in cpt lynwood zone[/quote]

nah, i'm not mixing them up., i've known about Los Padrinos since the 70s when i had some primos living in lynwood and i used to go over there for family carne asada get togethers, and paragons was there, young crowd was there, cv3 was there, and so was Los Padrinos, so i know about them since back then, but BPobre was who i was asking about to see if they actually have a hood in lynwood or not (?)[/quote]exactly the banning street and paragons are sharing hood banning street is the south of og paragon hood who was more located in poplar drive norton area in lynwood banning street would be their south front line against their arch rivals them cv3 that war was the most famous when i was a kidd in the end 70's back then cv3 was huge they had from front hood a cutdowner clika and vesta street clika just in front of largos to their main hood they still hold today pine st stockton all over up to swamp meet front they was goin as down as long beach and greenleaf to their south they was basicely were all tanas were... in their maximum size hood mode ..when tanas had the black side of town on locc u had those vatos runnin the mexican part of the traffic ...as for compton barrio los padrinos they are not in their og hood no more them vatos was runin around poppy avenu trailer park in the 80's just south of oak park now they are more north i would say they have a hood squized by cv3 who are just east of them i would say they from el segundo were is their north contested border i would put euclid a their south and peach as their north south main lane .... west of cv3 and lves and in their north its bng pg's in their south seems cv3 new generation is very activ and is all over them on their west its industrial zone and a small hood cv oak street are still alive and are the only hood west of cblp sine its industrial zone but they seems to have a hood were mob meet cap cockacre av area i quite know lynwood well i dont remember hearing or seing any trace of a barrio pobre there ...

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 20th, 2013, 9:44 am

and north of banning its a cvtf hood now

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 20th, 2013, 4:46 pm

bgcasper wrote:quote]exactly the banning street and paragons are sharing hood banning street is the south of og paragon hood who was more located in poplar drive norton area in lynwood banning street would be their south front line against their arch rivals them cv3 that war was the most famous when i was a kidd in the end 70's back then cv3 was huge they had from front hood a cutdowner clika and vesta street clika just in front of largos to their main hood they still hold today pine st stockton all over up to swamp meet front they was goin as down as long beach and greenleaf to their south they was basicely were all tanas were... in their maximum size hood mode ..when tanas had the black side of town on locc u had those vatos runnin the mexican part of the traffic ...as for compton barrio los padrinos they are not in their og hood no more them vatos was runin around poppy avenu trailer park in the 80's just south of oak park now they are more north i would say they have a hood squized by cv3 who are just east of them i would say they from el segundo were is their north contested border i would put euclid a their south and peach as their north south main lane .... west of cv3 and lves and in their north its bng pg's in their south seems cv3 new generation is very activ and is all over them on their west its industrial zone and a small hood cv oak street are still alive and are the only hood west of cblp sine its industrial zone but they seems to have a hood were mob meet cap cockacre av area i quite know lynwood well i dont remember hearing or seing any trace of a barrio pobre there ...
damm., those are tiny areas for any hoods to still exist in ~> BLP and CVOAKst.
and yeah, that makes sense about CV3 VESTA street right next to Largo., heard Largo was originally a break off from CV3, we're talking CV3 being the original first comptone varrio and the “3” stands for the letter “C” for Comptone, then the Largo clique started off on Largo Street just south of 135th, and they added the 36 which stood for the letters C & F meaning Comptone’s Finest., CVLargo 3Compton 6Finests, goes one story., but yeah CV3 had huge chunk of roaming around zones in comptone, sort of like the Setentas too, right

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Lonewolf » May 20th, 2013, 6:24 pm

bgcasper wrote:and north of banning its a cvtf hood now
TFlats inside of LVPgs/BST, are you talking about that little chunk south of the 105, west of State, on Esther street?

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 21st, 2013, 8:53 pm

[quote="Lonewolf"][quote="bgcasper"]and north of banning its a cvtf hood now[/quote]

TFlats inside of LVPgs/BST, are you talking about that little chunk south of the 105, west of State, on Esther street?[/quote]exact!! yeah thats why u had lvp and bng hittin tuna k all over in the recent years also them 124 close to there they are cool with tf

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 21st, 2013, 8:58 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
bgcasper wrote:quote]exactly the banning street and paragons are sharing hood banning street is the south of og paragon hood who was more located in poplar drive norton area in lynwood banning street would be their south front line against their arch rivals them cv3 that war was the most famous when i was a kidd in the end 70's back then cv3 was huge they had from front hood a cutdowner clika and vesta street clika just in front of largos to their main hood they still hold today pine st stockton all over up to swamp meet front they was goin as down as long beach and greenleaf to their south they was basicely were all tanas were... in their maximum size hood mode ..when tanas had the black side of town on locc u had those vatos runnin the mexican part of the traffic ...as for compton barrio los padrinos they are not in their og hood no more them vatos was runin around poppy avenu trailer park in the 80's just south of oak park now they are more north i would say they have a hood squized by cv3 who are just east of them i would say they from el segundo were is their north contested border i would put euclid a their south and peach as their north south main lane .... west of cv3 and lves and in their north its bng pg's in their south seems cv3 new generation is very activ and is all over them on their west its industrial zone and a small hood cv oak street are still alive and are the only hood west of cblp sine its industrial zone but they seems to have a hood were mob meet cap cockacre av area i quite know lynwood well i dont remember hearing or seing any trace of a barrio pobre there ...
and yeah, that makes sense about CV3 VESTA street right next to Largo., heard Largo was originally a break off from CV3, we're talking CV3 being the original first comptone varrio and the “3” stands for the letter “C” for Comptone, then the Largo clique started off on Largo Street just south of 135th, and they added the 36 which stood for the letters C & F meaning Comptone’s Finest., CVLargo 3Compton 6Finests, goes one story., but yeah CV3 had huge chunk of roaming around zones in comptone, sort of like the Setentas too, right

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 21st, 2013, 9:09 pm

bgcasper wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:

yes i remember bumber told us about compton finest origin the setentas are not as old as cv3 and really blew in the 90's while cv3 was at their pic in the 70's 80's in my opinion la tres is compton first chicano gang with the biggest history and who owned the biggest chunk of compton west to east the cv70 are comparable since they also own an east and a west but in term of original cv i put the tres than the large than the 5 setentas are not as old in compton as the rest my opinion ...but in term of violence i would put midget dukes from tf on top of the bully set of all time if the 70's was all about la tres the 90's era was all about tf and 70

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 21st, 2013, 9:13 pm

yo wolf do you know how tf started in compton and when ? i have some knowledge and it contradict what i read here ..its contradictin the east los started it version

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 22nd, 2013, 6:57 am

bgcasper wrote:yo wolf do you know how tf started in compton and when ? i have some knowledge and it contradict what i read here ..its contradictin the east los started it version
lets hear it ^

but for the record, every single vato i've ever met and done time with from CV Tortilla Flats

and I've met a gang of them, had cellies from CVTF ...I've partied out here with a few TxFlats

every single vato proudly says that the Compton TF traces their varrio lineage to the original East Los x Tortilla Flats

so whatever *new* info you have would be contradicting everything all these vatos say

and they're all from different age brackets

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 22nd, 2013, 8:52 am

[quote="MARTINEZ"][quote="bgcasper"]yo wolf do you know how tf started in compton and when ? i have some knowledge and it contradict what i read here ..its contradictin the east los started it version[/quote]

lets hear it ^

but for the record, every single vato i've ever met and done time with from CV Tortilla Flats

and I've met a gang of them, had cellies from CVTF ...I've partied out here with a few TxFlats

every single vato proudly says that the Compton TF traces their varrio lineage to the original East Los x Tortilla Flats

so whatever *new* info you have would be contradicting everything all these vatos say

and they're all from different age brackets

.[/quote] who ? usually you throw hood names ...just wonder who you knew from there i happen to know some of them ...
well 60's is the era compton is the city thats it thats all ...compton varrio tortilla flat comes from a specific chruch were there was a tortilleria in front and they was meeting there and the owner of that spot is the main fam bam mendoza so if u heard a different version slide it with a name cause me im sure about what im sayin and it comes from a mendoza brother who wrote someshit in the net i directly contacted a friend thru facebook who is related with tf main fam and totally agree with that version i try to find that interview of a mendoza brother or one of his homie

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 22nd, 2013, 9:27 am

before i give you a roll call of all the vatos from TxFlats who i did time with

& who told me that they are the offspring off the original East Los TxFlats...

what is this Mendoza cat placaso /hood-name from CVTF who told you above?

If he's really an OG... he will be immiedately recognized as such.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 22nd, 2013, 10:29 am

[quote="MARTINEZ"]before i give you a roll call of all the vatos from TxFlats who i did time with

& who told me that they are the offspring off the original East Los TxFlats...

what is this Mendoza cat placaso /hood-name from CVTF who told you above?

If he's really an OG... he will be immiedately recognized as such.

.[/quote] lol im not here to compete or try to show off you are sure off your BS stay with it

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 22nd, 2013, 10:38 am

1st thing if they really from tf they know mendoza brothers of oris street second thang they was no east los vatos but was reading a book for school by John Steinbeck called Tortilla Flats ...now i dont need to make thousand roll call if people u know from there they will know believe me lolol its like asking about the scott bro in etg ...chale im out

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 22nd, 2013, 10:48 am

WTF are you talking about???

i simply asked you if you beleive in this story.. shoot his placaso.

you're acting like i just asked you for your sociol security and a major credit card! :mrgreen:

you want me to believe a vato i've never ever heard about cus he's a "Mendoza" brother over vatos from CVTF that i actually know 1st hand and did time with??? :shock:

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 22nd, 2013, 10:56 am

[quote="MARTINEZ"]WTF are you talking about???

i simply asked you if you beleive in this story.. shoot his placaso.

you're acting like i just asked you for your sociol security and a major credit card! :mrgreen:

you want me to believe a vato i've never ever heard about cus he's a "Mendoza" brother over vatos from CVTF that i actually know 1st hand and did time with??? :shock:

.[/quote]
well i was like u most vatos i kew in compton told me the same story u been sayin but then read it online a post of an og cvtf it looked real but i asked a person i know who is activ member of midget dukes since birth currently serving life 4 murder awaiting apeal and dont want his named blasted all over the net and yes he told me that its all real info and he is related with the medoza brothers ...so i have to find that post

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » May 22nd, 2013, 10:57 am

A few more facts

• varrio Tortilla Flats in East Los was out in the 1920’s - they are contemporaries of White Fence.

• The book by John Steinbeck came out in 1935 - way after the varrio was already named

• What would vatos that grew up in Compton, that are from Tortilla Flats gang gain by saying their roots in East Los?

• The answer is nothing… they have nothing to gain by saying that, yet all they real vatos I met & did time with say the exact same thing. Coincedence?

• Do you actually know this Mendoza vato personally?

…..

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 22nd, 2013, 11:04 am

in 1962 there was already cv3 and la 5 and willobrook winos on the black side compton farmers and swamp boys were activ at that era when tf started on east of willowbrook tracc oris street tortilleria thats were it all began

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » May 22nd, 2013, 11:07 am

[quote="MARTINEZ"]A few more facts

• varrio Tortilla Flats in East Los was out in the 1920’s - they are contemporaries of White Fence.

• The book by John Steinbeck came out in 1935 - way after the varrio was already named

• What would vatos that grew up in Compton, that are from Tortilla Flats gang gain by saying their roots in East Los?

• The answer is nothing… they have nothing to gain by saying that, yet all they real vatos I met & did time with say the exact same thing. Coincedence?

• Do you actually know this Mendoza vato personally?

…..[/quote]no but i remember that the mendoza brother name were ringing a bit like anderson or johson fam bam in sscc i knew personnally the vatos who confirmed that version

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”