What is and where is East Los Angeles?

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
M&L
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: at home

Re: What is and where is East Los Angeles?

Unread post by M&L » January 3rd, 2013, 7:10 pm

man its a shame peoples dont know where east LA is...i used to have an amigo in Maravilla Project back then damn reminisce the good old times miss him

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » January 4th, 2013, 2:04 am

M&L wrote:man its a shame peoples dont know where east LA is...i used to have an amigo in Maravilla Project back then damn reminisce the good old times miss him
This is not about knowing where East LA is, its about what people claim. Anyone can look on a map and see the boundaries of East LA, but as Martinez pointed out, most if not all the varrios in Boyle Heights, which is not in the jurisdiction of East LA, claim East Los. So the question is, which other varrios whether in Lincoln Heights or El Sereno claim East Los.

The same thing happens in Compton. there are about 5 or 6 neighborhoods that are clearly not in Compton that claim Compton. There is more prestige with claiming East Los or Compton, especially in la pinta.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 4th, 2013, 7:33 am

my homeboys grandfather is from East Side Clover

obviously the name says what they pushed and claimed "East Side"

i've talked to him on many occasions, in his days - the 1950's - nobody was claiming N'ELA

N'ELA is a much newer term the most jente realize

It was just the East Side long ago

you have to remember, El Sereno is just over the hill from City Terrace ... literally a 5 to 7 minute drive up Eastern Avenue (from my hood)

this is just my theory... gangs were no where near as big in numbers as the got in the 1980's and 90's

so the EAST LOS or EAST SIDE car (same thing) in the pintas and Y.A.'s consisted of all these varrio's from East Los, BHTS, LHTS, Sereno ect ect ...

its when you're locked up that vatos start pushing sides, no so much in the calles... there's no need to, you already when the fuck you're at

I remember there was vatos from Vail Street in Montebello claiming East Los in Y.A.

as varrio's and gang membership starting rising, thats when vatos started stressin N'ELA and S'ELA

Shit... I even remember when vatos from Pacoima were claiming "LOS" up northern Y.A.'s cus Sureños were the minority

yup... the good old days when the entire L.A. county was puro "213" ...everything else came way later ...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » January 4th, 2013, 12:14 pm

Would people actually laugh at Vail Street claiming East Los? That seems like a stretch. Or would people embrace that? More varrios, equals more people, equals a bigger car in la pinta for sure.

MARTINEZ
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MARTINEZ » January 4th, 2013, 12:49 pm

hahaha ^^

funny u should say that cus this was in Y.T.S. in the early 90's

I didnt really trip off the vato from Vail Street Locos (they're a small varrio) so I didnt mind that he claimed EAST LOS

it didnt move me one way or the other

but my cellie from East L.A. 13 Whittier Blvd side - (years before THE LOTT 13 Diablos and Tiny Dukes took over there hood) use to clown him constantly .... saying "your not from East Los" haha

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”