L.A. Housing project gang history

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 4th, 2014, 1:00 am

This is a work in progress but here's some examples:

Hacienda Village: Dartanians (50's-60's), Hacienda Village Boys/Bloods (70's - present), Watts Village Boys (90's - present)

Nickerson Gardens: Avenues (60's), Huns (50's-60's,) Green Jackets (late 60's), Bounty Hunters (70's - present)

Jordan Downs : Sin Town (50's-60's), Watts Varrio Grape St. (70's), Grape St. Watts Crips (80's - present)

Imperial: Avenues (60's), Huns (50's-60's), PJ Watts Crips (70's - present) E/S Crips before PJWC?

Ramona Gardens: Big Hazard (40's-present), Ramona Gardens (black gang) (50's-60's)

Mar Vista Gardens: Los Dados (60's), Culver City 13/Boyz (70's - present), Shore Line Crips (90's)

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 4th, 2014, 1:10 am

Avalon Gardens: Orientals (50's-60's) Avalon Gardens Crips (70's-present)
Estrada Courts: Varrio Nuevo Estrada (40's-present)

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 4th, 2014, 1:43 am

Rancho San Pedro: Rancho San Pedro (40's - present), Dodge City Crips (80's - 00's)

Pico Gardens: 4th Street Flats/Cuatro Flats (40's - present), Ghetto Boys (60's?), East Side Crips (70's), Pico Stoners (80's)

Pueblo Del Rio: Pueblos (50's - 60's), Pueblo Bishop Bloods (70's - present), E/S Oriental Boys (90's - present)

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 4th, 2014, 1:54 am

William Mead Homes: Dog Town (40's- present), Brick City Boys (80's)

Aliso Village: Flats/Primera Flats (40's-00's), Purple Hearts (40's), Devil Hunters (50's), Aliso Village (black) (60's), East Coast Crips 1st (70's - 90's), Aliso Village Brims (70's), Aliso Village Fellas (80's), East LA 13 Dukes (80's - 00's), Clarence St. Locos (80's - 00's), Al Capone (80's - 00's)

Rose Hills: Rose Hills 13 (40's - present)

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 4th, 2014, 2:08 pm

San Fernando Gardens: Pacoima/Pacas Flats (60's - present?) Pacoima Project Boys (80's - present), Pacoima Piru Bloods (80's - 90's ?) OVGC ?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 4th, 2014, 2:21 pm

the East LA, NELA and Downtown projects have all had the same dominant gang since the projects were built. Other gangs have come and gone in those projects but the founding gangs have lasted. In other parts of LA the situation is more complicated. Particularly SCLA and Watts. The projects there were built in the 40's but verified gang history only goes back to the late 50's. It seems likely there was some kind of gang presence from the start but gang history in that part of town gets fuzzy if you go back before 1955 or so.

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 894
Joined: October 20th, 2006, 10:59 am

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Coup » December 4th, 2014, 3:01 pm

^Maybe changing demographics...and political/social changes. SCLA/Compton/Watts had a white presence back in the 50's. I believe it is documented and mentioned on here that a lot of the older ELA/Boyle Heights gangs have an Irish or white presence when formed...kind of a union that was taken over by the Chicanos. The 60's was a big political/social change for Blacks in this city/state/country.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 12th, 2014, 4:04 am

Silencioso wrote:San Fernando Gardens: Pacoima/Pacas Flats (60's - present?) Pacoima Project Boys (80's - present), Pacoima Piru Bloods (80's - 90's ?) OVGC ?
ppb was in san fernando gardens?

i thought they were with the pacas van nuys and pierce apartments?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 12th, 2014, 4:14 am

Silencioso wrote:Rancho San Pedro: Rancho San Pedro (40's - present), Dodge City Crips (80's - 00's)

Pico Gardens: 4th Street Flats/Cuatro Flats (40's - present), Ghetto Boys (60's?), East Side Crips (70's), Pico Stoners (80's)

Pueblo Del Rio: Pueblos (50's - 60's), Pueblo Bishop Bloods (70's - present), E/S Oriental Boys (90's - present)
la ob was in the pueblos since 80's.

es la ob came out around similar time as abz and trg. mid 80's or so.

cambodian refugee surge 80's saw them going to 4 spots in l.a.

east side long beach, pueblo del rio, valerio gardens in van nuys and chinatown. before 80's cambodians usually settled in the OC, after mid 80's it was those 4 spots.

hence trg started in santa ana and became big in LB.

olb chinatown, la ob in the pueblos.

ab was in 3 of the 4. abs in valerio, abi in chinatown and abz in long beach.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8958
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by alexalonso » December 12th, 2014, 4:28 am

Silencioso wrote:William Mead Homes: Dog Town (40's- present), Brick City Boys (80's)

Aliso Village: Flats/Primera Flats (40's-00's), Purple Hearts (40's), Devil Hunters (50's), Aliso Village (black) (60's), East Coast Crips 1st (70's - 90's), Aliso Village Brims (70's), Aliso Village Fellas (80's), East LA 13 Dukes (80's - 00's), Clarence St. Locos (80's - 00's), Al Capone (80's - 00's)

Rose Hills: Rose Hills 13 (40's - present)
Where does TMC and Primera Flats go for Aliso Village?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 12th, 2014, 4:30 am

old dana strand housing projects - waterfront piru, east side wilmas

new dana strand a housing project or just apartments?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 12th, 2014, 2:44 pm

judastaugamma wrote:
Silencioso wrote:San Fernando Gardens: Pacoima/Pacas Flats (60's - present?) Pacoima Project Boys (80's - present), Pacoima Piru Bloods (80's - 90's ?) OVGC ?
ppb was in san fernando gardens?

i thought they were with the pacas van nuys and pierce apartments?
SFV was the hardest PJ to get info about. But I'm pretty sure Pacoima Project Boys are named for and are found in the SFV projects. Pacas Flasts is definitely the oldest gang in there, though.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 12th, 2014, 2:46 pm

@1 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:William Mead Homes: Dog Town (40's- present), Brick City Boys (80's)

Aliso Village: Flats/Primera Flats (40's-00's), Purple Hearts (40's), Devil Hunters (50's), Aliso Village (black) (60's), East Coast Crips 1st (70's - 90's), Aliso Village Brims (70's), Aliso Village Fellas (80's), East LA 13 Dukes (80's - 00's), Clarence St. Locos (80's - 00's), Al Capone (80's - 00's)

Rose Hills: Rose Hills 13 (40's - present)
Where does TMC and Primera Flats go for Aliso Village?
I wasn't sure if TMC was in AV.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 12th, 2014, 2:49 pm

were in AV, I mean.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 12th, 2014, 6:25 pm

Silencioso wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:
Silencioso wrote:San Fernando Gardens: Pacoima/Pacas Flats (60's - present?) Pacoima Project Boys (80's - present), Pacoima Piru Bloods (80's - 90's ?) OVGC ?
ppb was in san fernando gardens?

i thought they were with the pacas van nuys and pierce apartments?
SFV was the hardest PJ to get info about. But I'm pretty sure Pacoima Project Boys are named for and are found in the SFV projects. Pacas Flasts is definitely the oldest gang in there, though.
i was talking about the piru bloods. they weren't in the projects when i was young.

they were in those pierce apts/the nams with the pacas pierce boys/pacas van nuy boys.

pakoima piru bloods/pacas pierce boys PPB. pretty sure they had roots together pre-90's. wvg/grape st crips type?

PJB pacas project boys was definitely in SFGHP. pflats was kinda dead when i was young.

282828
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 121
Joined: February 14th, 2009, 5:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: LA

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by 282828 » December 12th, 2014, 8:27 pm

aliso village was a clusterfuck of gangs.. tmc being one of them.. i think 80s to present or at least to when they were torn down. primera flats, tmc, al capone, clarence st, east cost 1st st. and i have heard of aliso brim but dont know if it was anything official.. theres a old school east LA black dude named green eyes from aliso village that claims aliso brim.

there were blacks in ramona gardens but i never heard of them ever claiming a gang. its always been hazard since before they were even built.

dana strand was west side wilmas not eastside.

pico gardens has always just been just cuatro but that old black dude green eyes told me there was a pico piru there in the 70s.

hacienda village boys has village boys 13 which i assume been there a long time.. like 70's to present. and hacienda village bloods.

dont know if pacoima piru claims the san fernando gardens but they do have a presence there. are those the only projects in pacoima? the van nuys and peirce ones are just apts right?

theres pjs in north long beach but i dont know who claimes them.

estrada courts always just been vne

maravilla real projects i think theyre called or nuevo maravilla maybe? has rock maravilla, high times maravilla, raskals maravilla and project maravilla

a whole lot of other gangs claim projects but theyre just apartment complexes.

harbor city projects had harbor city crip and harbor city rifa.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 13th, 2014, 12:14 am

i thought dana strand was east side wilmas?

i'm confused.

i thought waterfront beefed with west side wilmas.

they beefed and shared same projects?

esw sport red, shouldn't they be the one in dana strand with the pirus?

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by judastaugamma » December 13th, 2014, 12:18 am

i don't think pakoima piru has presence in SFG. that's project boys/flats hood.

maybe 70's/80's or something. possible i dunno.

ppb was cool with pbz and pvnb. they beef with pjb n pf.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by femun » December 16th, 2014, 11:36 pm

Silencioso wrote:
judastaugamma wrote:
Silencioso wrote:San Fernando Gardens: Pacoima/Pacas Flats (60's - present?) Pacoima Project Boys (80's - present), Pacoima Piru Bloods (80's - 90's ?) OVGC ?
ppb was in san fernando gardens?

i thought they were with the pacas van nuys and pierce apartments?
SFV was the hardest PJ to get info about. But I'm pretty sure Pacoima Project Boys are named for and are found in the SFV projects. Pacas Flasts is definitely the oldest gang in there, though.
The Flats have been gone since the early 80's The only gang in the Projects are the Project Boys (PJB) and they've been the only gang there since the 80's.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by Silencioso » December 17th, 2014, 5:33 pm

282828 wrote:aliso village was a clusterfuck of gangs.. tmc being one of them.. i think 80s to present or at least to when they were torn down. primera flats, tmc, al capone, clarence st, east cost 1st st. and i have heard of aliso brim but dont know if it was anything official.. theres a old school east LA black dude named green eyes from aliso village that claims aliso brim.

there were blacks in ramona gardens but i never heard of them ever claiming a gang. its always been hazard since before they were even built.

dana strand was west side wilmas not eastside.

pico gardens has always just been just cuatro but that old black dude green eyes told me there was a pico piru there in the 70s.

hacienda village boys has village boys 13 which i assume been there a long time.. like 70's to present. and hacienda village bloods.

dont know if pacoima piru claims the san fernando gardens but they do have a presence there. are those the only projects in pacoima? the van nuys and peirce ones are just apts right?

theres pjs in north long beach but i dont know who claimes them.

estrada courts always just been vne

maravilla real projects i think theyre called or nuevo maravilla maybe? has rock maravilla, high times maravilla, raskals maravilla and project maravilla

a whole lot of other gangs claim projects but theyre just apartment complexes.

harbor city projects had harbor city crip and harbor city rifa.
Are you sure Watts Village Boys have been around that long? I don't think there were that many Mexican gangs in Watts back then, basically just WCW, F13, Elm St. Watts, WVG and maybe Hickory St. and S/S Watts 13.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by xxx » December 29th, 2014, 6:05 pm

Jordan Downs Crips (1970s to 1982)
W.V.Gst Crips (1982-1987)
Grape St Watts (1987-present)

W.V.Gst (s/s) were never a the projects a gang.

Their territory were the Streets, the surrounding blocks.

Mar Vista Gardens had Crips in there since the 70s into the 90s, then Culver City took all the way over.

Culver City Insane Crips

South Side Venice Shoreline Crips (70s til the 90s)

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by xxx » December 30th, 2014, 8:59 am

Venice Shorelines been in Mar Vista Gardens since the 1970s.

Thats their Southside Click. (s/s V.S.L.C)

They used to go by Culver City Insane Crips.

in the 80s, the Shorelines ran the dhow in the projects.

Culver City 13 control a stretch of apartments on Slauson, outside the Ptojects, Slauson Boys Click.

Culver City Boys/13 took full control of the projects in the mid/late-90s.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by xxx » December 30th, 2014, 9:04 am

Pacioma Pirus were in San Fernando Gardens & the aoartments called the Nams in the 1980s. They aint in neither no more.

Blacks got removed from all L.A projects by demographics, Housing Authority and in cases a lot of cases through Chicano Gangs that came to dominate.

Even the Projects that used to be 99% Black in Watts are now 75% Latino now.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by xxx » December 30th, 2014, 9:18 am

The Village Boys are new. I give them the 1990s.

Im guessing they might be a break away click from the Original Hacienda Village Bloods. Mexican Bloods from HVB that fell weak to Racial Politics in the System and switched up and created a Sureno click out of their Original Gang.

WC90s (WC.R-90/NHC) had a gang of Mexicans that broke off and form SS90 (Noventas).

WVGst Crips of the 1980s had a similar situation. The Mexicans fell into racial lines and the gang got split into s/s WVGst (Mexicans) & e/s WVGst Crips (Blacks). The Mexican WVGs were Cripn in the 80s with their Black Homeboys. They went from Cholos to Crips then back to Cholos.

Samething with the C14s in the 60s. They came as Cholos, but turn Crips as RSC14st, then went bsck to bring cholos when they hit the joint.

Anyways, think VBS f rll aling those lines, ex-Bloods from HVB turned VBS.

User avatar
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 6088
Joined: June 19th, 2003, 7:01 am
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: L.A. Housing project gang history

Unread post by bgcasper » January 3rd, 2015, 6:58 am

[quote="xxx"]The Village Boys are new. I give them the 1990s.

Im guessing they might be a break away click from the Original Hacienda Village Bloods. Mexican Bloods from HVB that fell weak to Racial Politics in the System and switched up and created a Sureno click out of their Original Gang.

WC90s (WC.R-90/NHC) had a gang of Mexicans that broke off and form SS90 (Noventas).

WVGst Crips of the 1980s had a similar situation. The Mexicans fell into racial lines and the gang got split into s/s WVGst (Mexicans) & e/s WVGst Crips (Blacks). The Mexican WVGs were Cripn in the 80s with their Black Homeboys. They went from Cholos to Crips then back to Cholos.

Samething with the C14s in the 60s. They came as Cholos, but turn Crips as RSC14st, then went bsck to bring cholos when they hit the joint.

Anyways, think VBS f rll aling those lines, ex-Bloods from HVB turned VBS.[/quote]good post i agree ...

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”