South Side Locos in Carson

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8966
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by alexalonso » March 17th, 2015, 1:26 pm

Is South Side Locos in Carson an actual street gang or a tagger crew? And what blocks do they occupy?

SealTeam69
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: March 18th, 2015, 5:00 pm
Country: Barbados
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Compton

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by SealTeam69 » March 18th, 2015, 5:05 pm

They was a small time crew till I smoked all those niggas.

SB Tisoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 155
Joined: November 3rd, 2007, 4:35 pm

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by SB Tisoy » April 18th, 2015, 8:51 pm

Never heard of em. If they're real they must be youngsters. Can't imagine what blocks they'd be in. Only tags I see regularly around Carson these days is SWC (taggers).

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: November 5th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by Adobo » May 18th, 2015, 3:51 pm

Sure it wasn't Shearer Street Locos?

Off of 213th and Main, dead smack in the heart of Keystone barrio? That's the only SSL I've ever heard of.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by WLA PALMS » May 31st, 2015, 5:27 pm

The only gangs I've seen striking up in Carson are the Carson 13's and they're beefin' with the Scott Park Pirus.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: November 5th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by Adobo » June 8th, 2015, 1:44 am

After reading this post and poking around, South Side Locos is a wannabe rag tag group that thinks they are cholos. They are located on Moneta block, off of right by Fiat St between 223rd and 220th. Small time, no blessing from the big homies, yet claiming the fame. Various Keystone tried to recruit Moneta Block aka SSL, but apparently they refused, led to some rumbles and now they think they're something.

That areas always been a rest stop for all sorts of cats. In the mid 90s, Fiat Street was a OFA tagging crew spot, Skott Park hangout, East Side Torrance kick back, etc etc. the low income apartments attracted a lot of characters. Some cats even started a Fiat St Locos. Apparently they are somewhat connected to Moneta block aka SSL.

@WestLAPalms, idk if you're in Carson very often but both C13 and SPP seem to be dead. A few stragglers here and there but no real gangbanging in Carson, not since the mid 2000s at least.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 440
Joined: May 26th, 2004, 10:30 am
Location: OLD TOWN NATIONAL CITY

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » June 26th, 2015, 12:55 pm

I DISAGREE. CARSON 13 IS DEFINITELY AROUND. In my opinion they are the prominent mexican hood in carson. SPP if you drive by Scottsdale they are always wall battling C13s. I see african-americans in the area not sure if they are SPP.
Adobo wrote:After reading this post and poking around, South Side Locos is a wannabe rag tag group that thinks they are cholos. They are located on Moneta block, off of right by Fiat St between 223rd and 220th. Small time, no blessing from the big homies, yet claiming the fame. Various Keystone tried to recruit Moneta Block aka SSL, but apparently they refused, led to some rumbles and now they think they're something.

That areas always been a rest stop for all sorts of cats. In the mid 90s, Fiat Street was a OFA tagging crew spot, Skott Park hangout, East Side Torrance kick back, etc etc. the low income apartments attracted a lot of characters. Some cats even started a Fiat St Locos. Apparently they are somewhat connected to Moneta block aka SSL.

@WestLAPalms, idk if you're in Carson very often but both C13 and SPP seem to be dead. A few stragglers here and there but no real gangbanging in Carson, not since the mid 2000s at least.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: November 5th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by Adobo » June 26th, 2015, 8:39 pm

I live in Carson. I grew up in Carson, I work in Carson. C13 is definitely around but I'm talking how it was in the 90s/2000s. Real gangbanging. Just not there anymore. The ENTIRE gang scene is falling off is what I meant.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by WLA PALMS » June 28th, 2015, 3:08 pm

Yeah, when I was tippin' in and out of Carson with my kid's mother, the Carson 13's, Scott Park Pirus, none of them or the other crews you mention now were active at all, just a lot of wall bangin', graffiti. I never heard any gunshots, never saw the Scott Park Pirus actually hanging out in Scott park lmao, and I never saw or ran into the Carson 13's either, all I saw was them crossing each other out on the wall. I don't know what was goin' on down there in Carson in the 1990's because I was up in the city, West L.A. and South Central, but I thought the OFA's were somewhere in the hispanic areas of L.A., like Pico Union, Westlake, Rampart area. Moneta ave, Fiat street, 220th-223rd street are right there by Stephen White Middle School, when I would pick up my stepdaughter from school, all I saw were a bunch of KIDS, the only black kids that tried to look tough were some wannabe East Coasts, hanging out at that Jack in the box across the street from Carson High School.



Adobo wrote:After reading this post and poking around, South Side Locos is a wannabe rag tag group that thinks they are cholos. They are located on Moneta block, off of right by Fiat St between 223rd and 220th. Small time, no blessing from the big homies, yet claiming the fame. Various Keystone tried to recruit Moneta Block aka SSL, but apparently they refused, led to some rumbles and now they think they're something.

That areas always been a rest stop for all sorts of cats. In the mid 90s, Fiat Street was a OFA tagging crew spot, Skott Park hangout, East Side Torrance kick back, etc etc. the low income apartments attracted a lot of characters. Some cats even started a Fiat St Locos. Apparently they are somewhat connected to Moneta block aka SSL.

@WestLAPalms, idk if you're in Carson very often but both C13 and SPP seem to be dead. A few stragglers here and there but no real gangbanging in Carson, not since the mid 2000s at least.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by WLA PALMS » June 28th, 2015, 3:12 pm

Where is Keystone 13's turf at? I used to work with some loudmouth clown from Keystone 13 lol



Adobo wrote:Sure it wasn't Shearer Street Locos? Off of 213th and Main, dead smack in the heart of Keystone barrio? That's the only SSL I've ever heard of.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by WLA PALMS » June 28th, 2015, 3:16 pm

Adobo, who hangs out in them lil projects/low income apartments on the other side of that wall on Avalon blvd?, off of Bayport going to Sepulveda?

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 133
Joined: November 5th, 2013, 12:48 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by Adobo » June 30th, 2015, 10:07 pm

That's Scottsdale Apartmets. USED to be Scottsdale Piru all in there. Back in the days was cracking. Nowadays, bunch of rag taggers from Catskill Street Locos, Carson 13, Dominguez Varrio 13 and a few Scottsdale Ru's. Ever since the Sherriffs Killed Tito from Catskill (Jacob Esquivel) a few yes back, they trying to get rid of the gang element there.

WLA PALMS
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 581
Joined: April 12th, 2004, 2:21 pm
Location: WEST L.A.

Re: South Side Locos in Carson

Unread post by WLA PALMS » July 3rd, 2015, 9:20 pm

Adobo wrote:That's Scottsdale Apartmets. USED to be Scottsdale Piru all in there. Back in the days was cracking. Nowadays, bunch of rag taggers from Catskill Street Locos, Carson 13, Dominguez Varrio 13 and a few Scottsdale Ru's. Ever since the Sherriffs Killed Tito from Catskill (Jacob Esquivel) a few yes back, they trying to get rid of the gang element there.


Oh ok, I've seen the Sheriff's doing patrols up in there.

Post Reply

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”