Dog Town Rifa in Gardena?

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Dog Town Rifa in Gardena?

Unread postby alexalonso » May 13th, 2015, 12:01 am

Is there a Dog Town Rifa in Gardena? Check out this old photo, says "Gardena" at the bottom.
Attachments
dt-gardena.jpg
dt-gardena.jpg (505.61 KiB) Viewed 1111 times

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Dog Town Rifa in Gardena?

Unread postby alexalonso » May 13th, 2015, 12:07 am

Here is another Dog Town Rifa graffiti from 1983.
Attachments
dt-1983.jpg
Dog Town 1983
dt-1983.jpg (209.44 KiB) Viewed 1109 times

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange

Unread postby shaolinmonche » November 18th, 2018, 3:05 pm

Did you ever find out why Dog Town used to put swastikas in their graffitee?

AmericanZombie
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Unread postby AmericanZombie » November 18th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Isn’t the rapper Tyrant aka Kujo from Dog Town Gardena

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby shaolinmonche » November 18th, 2018, 7:05 pm

AmericanZombie wrote:Isn’t the rapper Tyrant aka Kujo from Dog Town Gardena

Yea. From what I've heard is that they are not related to the original Dog Town from the projects.
They just stole their name. The same with South Gate Dog Town. They were started by skaters who went by South Gate Boys. There's also a Dog Town Rubidoux in Riverside. There's also a Dog Town in Santa Ana. They are very very small gang but has been in Santa Ana supposedly since the 1970s. Not sure if the Santa Ana Dog Town was started by the LA Dog Town.

The only Dog Town that was started by the original LA Dog Town from the Projects is Dog Town Monte Vista in Highland Park.

AmericanZombie
What city do you live in now?: Fontana

Unread postby AmericanZombie » November 18th, 2018, 7:45 pm

I know it’s a tiny difference but the Rubidoux DTR calls themselves Dogs Town as opposed to Dog Town. As I was told, the LA DTR offered to make them an official clique at one point but they ultimately decided to stay independent.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread postby Lonewolf » November 18th, 2018, 8:22 pm

We talked about this before, but anyhows, dog town gardena started out as the bell park stoners before going by dog town and that was back in the mid-late 1970s with no relationship to the dog town projects

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » November 18th, 2018, 8:45 pm

Where's old boy from dogs town rubidoux A.Z?

DogTown santa ana back when it started back in the rarly 1970s used to be a lot bigger than now. Their neighborhood used to go from 1st street, (n), bristol (e), edinger (s), and fairview (w), but now they are small and share the jerome park neighborhood streets with little hood and diamond street.

I think golden west, townsend, highland and west myrtle are also in the surrounding area, but no, dog town santa ana did not have any connection to dxt projects until much later, but even then, it was recognized that they are their own self start up from santa ana.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby shaolinmonche » November 18th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Where's old boy from dogs town rubidoux A.Z?

DogTown santa ana back when it started back in the rarly 1970s used to be a lot bigger than now. Their neighborhood used to go from 1st street, (n), bristol (e), edinger (s), and fairview (w), but now they are small and share the jerome park neighborhood streets with little hood and diamond street.

I think golden west, townsend, highland and west myrtle are also in the surrounding area, but no, dog town santa ana did not have any connection to dxt projects until much later, but even then, it was recognized that they are their own self start up from santa ana.

Yeah Dog Town is very small in Santa Ana, practically almost dead. I think their hood is like only 1 block lol . My friend grew up by Santa Ana Dog Town. He told me in like the early 2000s there was an OG who would try bribing youngsters to get jumped into DT by offering them each an 1/8 of weed and a gun lol.
That's not a good look for your gang when you need to bribe kids with weed to join your Varrio lol.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby shaolinmonche » November 18th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Where's old boy from dogs town rubidoux A.Z?

There's so many small gangs in Santa Ana I don't really know where they kick it at. But the big older gangs I know where their Varrio is at like FxTroop, Santa Nita, Logan, South Side, Delhi, Lopers, Compadres, Townsend.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » November 19th, 2018, 1:47 am

Ey so ese shaolin, you stayed in santana ? I got a map of the west side done, I'll scan it and throw it up later, but the east side is a little fuzzy still, i mean i got it but id like to clean it up before i finish the east side, but I'll throw up the west side of bristol

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » November 19th, 2018, 2:26 am

shaolinmonche wrote:Did you ever find out why Dog Town used to put swastikas in their graffitee?

Dog Town and a whole lot of varrios in the 1970s used it as art, and some stoner cliques also adopted the cholo placasos style of the times

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby shaolinmonche » November 19th, 2018, 5:03 pm

Lonewolf wrote:Ey so ese shaolin, you stayed in santana ? I got a map of the west side done, I'll scan it and throw it up later, but the east side is a little fuzzy still, i mean i got it but id like to clean it up before i finish the east side, but I'll throw up the west side of bristol

I stay by the border of Orange/Santa Ana. I'm not too familiar with Santa Ana. I know where some of the hoods but not all of them. There's alot of gangs in SA.

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » November 19th, 2018, 6:26 pm

shaolinmonche wrote:
I stay by the border of Orange/Santa Ana. I'm not too familiar with Santa Ana. I know where some of the hoods but not all of them. There's alot of gangs in SA.

10-4, i got just about all of santa ana mapped, but I'm missing a few, like Santa Ana Browns, i got Broen Side, but I don't have SAB?

And the map of the west side is posted in the West Coast Info Forum under ss garden grove gang map. I have both the garden grove and the west side santa ana hood maps on that thread.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby shaolinmonche » November 19th, 2018, 7:39 pm

Lonewolf wrote:
shaolinmonche wrote:

10-4, i got just about all of santa ana mapped, but I'm missing a few, like Santa Ana Browns, i got Broen Side, but I don't have SAB?

And the map of the west side is posted in the West Coast Info Forum under ss garden grove gang map. I have both the garden grove and the west side santa ana hood maps on that thread.

I've never heard of Santa Ana Browns or Brownside before. They must be very small. Santa Ana be having a lot of small time gangs. I've heard of Only For Browns. They were a clique I think most of them got into Logan

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby Lonewolf » November 19th, 2018, 7:49 pm

SAB is for reals, and Brown Side Los Hustlers are over there by Valley H.S. in the Centenial Park neighborhood, down fairview and edinger, next to BSouthSideR.

shaolinmonche
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby shaolinmonche » November 19th, 2018, 8:17 pm

Lonewolf wrote:SAB is for reals, and Brown Side Los Hustlers are over there by Valley H.S. in the Centenial Park neighborhood, down fairview and edinger, next to BSouthSideR.

Oh alright that's wassup. Are you sure they still active? A lot of small gangs make noise for a couple years then disappear due to not recruiting new youngsters. Probably because they have a small hood.
It's easier for older more established Varrios to recruit and stay alive cus they have a big Territory.

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”