Gang ink

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Jerusalem

Gang ink

Unread postby Apathetic » April 30th, 2016, 8:16 am

Had an argument with some friends. Does it happen that a member of the 18th street gang would wear Sureno tattoos? (Such as '13', 'Sur' and stuff like that.)

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Gang ink

Unread postby MMRbkaRudog » April 30th, 2016, 4:41 pm

I am sure it's possible to even find a pic of 1. Most likely if you do, then it was probably a member locked up in CDC.

LuckyLuciano801
If in the United States: Utah
What city do you live in now?: Salt lake city

Unread postby LuckyLuciano801 » May 1st, 2016, 5:39 pm

I've seen it from the 18st members who have been locked up more than those on the streets. I can't remember if I seen the 13 tatted on them though

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 8th, 2016, 11:40 am

So what you're saying is that these are basically long term inmates?

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 8th, 2016, 11:43 am

And what would be the reason for that?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread postby alexalonso » May 9th, 2016, 12:20 am

Apathetic wrote:Had an argument with some friends. Does it happen that a member of the 18th street gang would wear Sureno tattoos? (Such as '13', 'Sur' and stuff like that.)

Its rare but possible

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby MMRbkaRudog » May 9th, 2016, 11:14 am

Apathetic wrote:And what would be the reason for that?

You haven't noticed this type of stuff brought up on here already? 18 is about rep'n 18 pretty much, but in CDC it's a whole other story.

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 12th, 2016, 3:20 am

Okay thank you all.

SiouxLakota
What city do you live in now?: Anaheim

Unread postby SiouxLakota » May 16th, 2016, 9:19 pm

I was in Mexico. In the state of Nyarit. I seen a OG. He had 18st and X3 tatted on him

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: North Hollywood

Unread postby ValleyKid » May 23rd, 2016, 7:44 pm

Apathetic wrote:Had an argument with some friends. Does it happen that a member of the 18th street gang would wear Sureno tattoos? (Such as '13', 'Sur' and stuff like that.)

18st is a Sureno varrio so of course they get those types of tattoos (they have to earn them in prison though).

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 24th, 2016, 7:13 am

ValleyKid wrote:

18st is a Sureno varrio so of course they get those types of tattoos (they have to earn them in prison though).

Might be a dumb question but how does an 18th street member earn Sureno tattoos?

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby ValleyKid » May 24th, 2016, 8:56 am

Apathetic wrote:
ValleyKid wrote:

Might be a dumb question but how does an 18th street member earn Sureno tattoos?

They have to earn them by doing things like killing important enemies and stuff like that ordered by the Mexican Mafia. Supposedly if someone were to get a Sureno tattoo without permission (or didn't earn it) the person gets checked.

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 25th, 2016, 9:33 am

ValleyKid wrote:
Apathetic wrote:
ValleyKid wrote:

They have to earn them by doing things like killing important enemies and stuff like that ordered by the Mexican Mafia. Supposedly if someone were to get a Sureno tattoo without permission (or didn't earn it) the person gets checked.

Are you talking about 18th street or Surenos in general?

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby ValleyKid » May 25th, 2016, 11:04 am

In general, since 18s are Surenos.

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 27th, 2016, 4:15 am

So by that logic a Sureno gang member who has never been to prison cannot have the word Sur or number 13 as tattoos? They're considered prison tattoos?

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby ValleyKid » May 27th, 2016, 8:43 am

Apathetic wrote:So by that logic a Sureno gang member who has never been to prison cannot have the word Sur or number 13 as tattoos? They're considered prison tattoos?

Actually if I'm not mistaken, I think the 13 can be used since it's part of many gang names and it just means South/ Mexican Mafia. Also, It's not just the Sureno tattoo a gang member has to earn, they have to earn the title of being a Sureno because until then they're just considered Southsiders.

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 28th, 2016, 6:45 am

ValleyKid wrote:
Apathetic wrote:So by that logic a Sureno gang member who has never been to prison cannot have the word Sur or number 13 as tattoos? They're considered prison tattoos?

Actually if I'm not mistaken, I think the 13 can be used since it's part of many gang names and it just means South/ Mexican Mafia. Also, It's not just the Sureno tattoo a gang member has to earn, they have to earn the title of being a Sureno because until then they're just considered Southsiders.

To earn the title Sureno it just takes to be a member of a Sureno gang isn't it?
Also a little off topic, but someone told me that for a gang to be able to bang 13 they gotta have a member in the corrections system that runs with the Sureno program for them to be even considered a Sur clique. Is it true?

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby ValleyKid » May 28th, 2016, 10:02 am

Apathetic wrote:
ValleyKid wrote:

To earn the title Sureno it just takes to be a member of a Sureno gang isn't it?
Also a little off topic, but someone told me that for a gang to be able to bang 13 they gotta have a member in the corrections system that runs with the Sureno program for them to be even considered a Sur clique. Is it true?

No, it's just like the Sureno tatts you have to earn the title of being a Sureno because until that happens you're just a South Sider. And yea a gang has to earn their 13 by proving themselves in prison and this is especially true for tagger crews that turn into gangs.

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apathetic » May 28th, 2016, 11:02 am

Very interesting, thank you.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby MMRbkaRudog » June 1st, 2016, 10:26 am

@valleykid, I think you are exaggerating. I am sure there are many so called surenos that didn't get sureno related tats in prison or made sure their gang earned a rep in prison either. This has gone a lil off topic, just saying.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby ValleyKid » June 2nd, 2016, 3:11 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:@valleykid, I think you are exaggerating. I am sure there are many so called surenos that didn't get sureno related tats in prison or made sure their gang earned a rep in prison either. This has gone a lil off topic, just saying.

I dont know about up north, but down south its a known fact that when a new varrio gets created it cant just claim 13 out of nowhere, it has to earn it or it will just get greenlighted. Thats what happens when some taggers decide they want to bang and want to turn their crew into a gang instead of joining a 13 hood that already exists.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread postby MMRbkaRudog » June 3rd, 2016, 8:55 am

ValleyKid wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:@valleykid, I think you are exaggerating. I am sure there are many so called surenos that didn't get sureno related tats in prison or made sure their gang earned a rep in prison either. This has gone a lil off topic, just saying.

I dont know about up north, but down south its a known fact that when a new varrio gets created it cant just claim 13 out of nowhere, it has to earn it or it will just get greenlighted. Thats what happens when some taggers decide they want to bang and want to turn their crew into a gang instead of joining a 13 hood that already exists.

I am sure there's more control there, but you didn't just talk about something like a tagging crew just trying to claim 13 out of nowhere. Anyway, I think the actual topic was answered.

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby cliffard » June 20th, 2016, 7:55 pm

ValleyKid wrote:

how does a hood go from tagbangers to documented surenos? how do they earn their '13'...dont get me wrong, im not asking for specifics here...

or is it a case of 'those that tell, dont know, and those that know, dont tell'...

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby ValleyKid » September 14th, 2017, 5:22 pm

cliffard wrote:
ValleyKid wrote:

how does a hood go from tagbangers to documented surenos? how do they earn their '13'...dont get me wrong, im not asking for specifics here...

or is it a case of 'those that tell, dont know, and those that know, dont tell'...

They earn their 13 by putting in work, therefore, proving themselves & becoming an official varrio. Everyone knows that.

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby ValleyKid » September 14th, 2017, 5:27 pm

This picture is for anyone saying that 18's aren't Surenos, even though it's a known fact that they are 13's. You can clearly see a big 13 tatted on this 18 Streeter's face and "SUR" is tatted on his nose.
Attachments
8a4ea28bfdf2eca6ef9c303962d8712c--outlaw-tattoo-gangster-tattoos.jpg
18 STREETER WITH 13 TATTED ON FACE.
8a4ea28bfdf2eca6ef9c303962d8712c--outlaw-tattoo-gangster-tattoos.jpg (60.04 KiB) Viewed 1885 times

TETZAHUITL801ALCPS
If in the United States: Utah
What city do you live in now?: Salt lake city

Unread postby TETZAHUITL801ALCPS » September 20th, 2017, 1:24 am

I have a bit of knowledge about the subject being I was a former member of the SUR TOWNE CHIQUES 13 GANG out here in Utah. I was schooled proper about the history of the eMe and the Sureño movement and La Causa! The title of Sureño or Kañpolero is an earned honor of one committed to the cause and earning the tattoos of being a loyal Kañpolero, whether it's the Mayan numeral 13 of the 3 dots and 2 bars, the chimalli(War Shield), the eagle warrior,the jaguar, among other cultura ink and Tattoing SUR, Sureño, the 13 without permission or earning them is all bad for that individual or varrio. I've known many Sureños Who are born and raised in Utah get into Hot water with the big homies or camaradas in the federal prison system because they inked themselves up with things they didn't earn and have permission to do so. In Utah the sureño varrios all came from Califas STXCH13, 38ST,AVES43&57,WS18ST,F13,GARDENA13,KAM,VNE, WF, DOGTOWN, VLP, ALLEYBOYS, ESLONGOS,COXCH13 along with generic varrios claiming SUR. Yet without proper schooling things were total chaos homies claiming they had llaves and the blessing of a Tío collecting kitty and calling bad moves As homies got sent out of state and schooled proper they came back from the feds and started cleaning up the mess others had made. I earned my ink and the title Sureño y Kañpolero yet in the end I got burned out on the politics and greed and cut throat tactics going on. I walked away from the varrio and the SUR and not without repercussions I got stabbed and guns pulled on me, death threats and in the end it was the best move I ever made to walk away. Also quite a few eighteen street member I have ever met locked up had SUR tatted on them and repped SUR on the calles as well. I don't recall seeing a 13 tatted on them yet I have seen it in there arte. Best regards y respeto, TETZAHUITLI

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread postby Lonewolf » October 4th, 2017, 4:22 pm

orale, gracias to that vato TETZAHUITL., pretty much on point on many things, i just want to throw in another angle that i believe plays out with Eighteen Streeters outside of Califas and the system. Fact is that many 18 ST Homeboys end up getting deported and start up satellite cliques down in the many Mexican and Central American cities. Fact, many of those recruited locally in those cities have never been, nor will they never ever be able to travel up to the original birth grounds where 18 ST exploded (LA) -Pico Union / Westlake. Fact, a lot of those vatos down there in those cities understand perfectly that 18 STREET is a Southsider varrio, so they don't have no problem throwing on ink on the walls or on their skin to represent both their varrio and their camp affiliation. In LA is diff, most varrios don't find the need to have to throw up a 13 on their ID. What for? Most old varrios in LA like 18 ST are already from the start, sureno representing; so street politics in the varrios play out a little differently adding or not adding the "13." But whether they add it or don't add it, everyone knows whose down with the program and whose not, right? 18 ST is a Sureno Varrio, therefore it is legit for them to throw on Sur and 13 on their tacas or placas next to their 18.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread postby bgcasper » October 5th, 2017, 8:18 pm

the way they hit up in roman letter emphasise the x3

Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana

Unread postby Lonewolf » October 5th, 2017, 9:04 pm

lol, did that fool on that picture inked blastn n the biches under his nose :lol: :arrow:

Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”