BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Discuss Hispanic gangs, Southsiders, Sureños in LOS ANGELES COUNTY ONLY. There are four general geographic categories Hispanic gangs fall into for LA.
RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 7th, 2005, 1:18 pm

I have double checked on whether or not Los Nite Owls is a click in BXG or not and yes Lonewolf, I was right. I was told it is part of their name and was told BXG is an old Barrio thats been around since the 50's.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 7th, 2005, 6:12 pm

Alright Ruthless, but i gotta tell you, i'm still an un-belieber, don't hate though.

BG ~ BASSETT GRANDE
LNO ~ Los Nite Owls clika
is "still" how i understand it, but since your jefito if from BG, i'll drop it at that.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 7th, 2005, 6:56 pm

its cool, but im telling you they never had no clicks before. unless they recently changed it this last year. but i do know a couple of youngsters from their and ill even ask them next time i see them. i dont think having a click would be good for them, because these vatos get drunk a fight each other and if they had clicks they would be separating probably like the Bolen Varrios. matter of fact i had asked this fool i know from Bassett Grande to come in this site and explain it but he had a hard time getting in. hes a little bit older but he still knows whats up.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 8th, 2005, 6:09 pm

I understand it the following way

Lets suppose you were hit up

WHERE YOU FROM ESE?

And you answer

“BASSETT GRANDE”

This alone will be readably recognized as your barrio, right?

But if you were to have answered

“LOS NITE OWLS”

It could mean you’re from a clika from who knows where, right?

So in essence “BG is recognized” without the LNO part, right?

But “LNO is not recognized” without the “BG” part, right?

You/We have seen many BG placasos whether they are old or new, and a great deal of them has the BG "without the Los Nite Owls", right?

But you will never see Los Nite owls hit up without the “BG” in the placaso, right?

That leads me to believe that LNO is in addition to the Barrio name, such as a clika.

This doesn’t mean that LNO has not been part of the barrio since its birth; I’m not saying that at all.

What I mean is that a lot of barrios have only one clika and for the most part the clika is taken as part of the barrio name.

The difference that I have come to understand in some of these is that the barrio will take its name from the community/town/city/valley or what have you, and the clika name is added to differentiate from others in the same community/town/city/valley whom are not an actual part of the gang itself, sort of like an initiation right of passage that without it you’re not really a part of the barrio.

I’ve pointed out why I think BG is the Barrio name & "LNO is the one and only Clika name", because you can say BG, and hit up BG, without the LNO.

There are other barrios that have only one clika, and they can be problematic to understand for some that there is both a barrio & clika name combined in the same.

My main example would be Cypress Park “Boys”, of which many assume CPBoys is the barrio name, but they are wrong because CP is the barrio name & BOYS is the only clika.

However, I am open to criticism & corrections, I ain’t infallible by no means.

And yes, there “is” many out there that do have in their actual name a combination of both, such as;

Esco Viejo Diablos
Laguna Park Vikings

But, I hold to the belief that BASSETT GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS is not one of them.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 8th, 2005, 7:01 pm

lonewolf wrote:I understand it the following way

Lets suppose you were hit up

WHERE YOU FROM ESE?

And you answer

“BASSETT GRANDE”

This alone will be readably recognized as your barrio, right?

But if you were to have answered

“LOS NITE OWLS”

It could mean you’re from a clika from who knows where, right?

So in essence “BG is recognized” without the LNO part, right?

But “LNO is not recognized” without the “BG” part, right?

You/We have seen many BG placasos whether they are old or new, and a great deal of them has the BG "without the Los Nite Owls", right?

But you will never see Los Nite owls hit up without the “BG” in the placaso, right?

That leads me to believe that LNO is in addition to the Barrio name, such as a clika.

This doesn’t mean that LNO has not been part of the barrio since its birth; I’m not saying that at all.

What I mean is that a lot of barrios have only one clika and for the most part the clika is taken as part of the barrio name.

The difference that I have come to understand in some of these is that the barrio will take its name from the community/town/city/valley or what have you, and the clika name is added to differentiate from others in the same community/town/city/valley whom are not an actual part of the gang itself, sort of like an initiation right of passage that without it you’re not really a part of the barrio.

I’ve pointed out why I think BG is the Barrio name & "LNO is the one and only Clika name", because you can say BG, and hit up BG, without the LNO.

There are other barrios that have only one clika, and they can be problematic to understand for some that there is both a barrio & clika name combined in the same.

My main example would be Cypress Park “Boys”, of which many assume CPBoys is the barrio name, but they are wrong because CP is the barrio name & BOYS is the only clika.

However, I am open to criticism & corrections, I ain’t infallible by no means.

And yes, there “is” many out there that do have in their actual name a combination of both, such as;

Esco Viejo Diablos
Laguna Park Vikings

But, I hold to the belief that BASSETT GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS is not one of them.



I understand what you are saying. but the main point that I was trying to make is, Los Nite Owls is NOT a click. you are right, if they get hit up they usually will either say Bassett Grande or Big Bassett. BUT...you said that you will never see a LNO hit up without BG and that is not true. i am in Bassett alot, so i have seen them hit up LOS NITE OWLS without BG atleast 3 or 4 times. no its not like that alot but they do that sometimes. so what I think is, like you said..its an addition to the Barrio name but not a click. i realize that some Barrios have only one click but BxG doesnt have any.

User avatar
BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 682
Joined: July 2nd, 2003, 4:08 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS
Location: WESTSIDE ALLEY x TINY CRIMINALES 3CE THE BLVDS

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby BIGG LISTO » January 8th, 2005, 8:34 pm

Ay perro, are you saying Vikings is really a click to Laguna Park and not the actual varrios name or did I misunderstand you. I always thought it was Laguna Park Vikings13(LPV). Theirs even a picture in Sleepy Lagoon that shows ELE PE VE EME ELE ESE(LPV MLS).

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 8th, 2005, 8:39 pm

BIGG LISTO wrote:Ay perro, are you saying Vikings is really a click to Laguna Park and not the actual varrios name or did I misunderstand you. I always thought it was Laguna Park Vikings13(LPV). Theirs even a picture in Sleepy Lagoon that shows ELE PE VE EME ELE ESE(LPV MLS).
LPVikings "IS" the varrio name - you misunderstood me.

What I said is that there is varrios as such, but that BG is not one of them.

User avatar
BIGG LISTO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 682
Joined: July 2nd, 2003, 4:08 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS
Location: WESTSIDE ALLEY x TINY CRIMINALES 3CE THE BLVDS

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby BIGG LISTO » January 8th, 2005, 9:12 pm

lonewolf wrote:
BIGG LISTO wrote:Ay perro, are you saying Vikings is really a click to Laguna Park and not the actual varrios name or did I misunderstand you. I always thought it was Laguna Park Vikings13(LPV). Theirs even a picture in Sleepy Lagoon that shows ELE PE VE EME ELE ESE(LPV MLS).
LPVikings "IS" the varrio name - you misunderstood me.

What I said is that there is varrios as such, but that BG is not one of them.


My bad Perro.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 9th, 2005, 11:28 am

I dont know what else to tell you about this Lonewolf, because I have already asked around about LNO being a click. and I was told that it is not. but i will try to learn more about this. their is still alot i want to find out. i do know some people in Bassett and last time we talked they told me that they have Los Nite Owls because the Owls around the varrio and that the homies were out all day and night. so when you join BG then you are a "Nite Owl". atleast thats the way i understand it. i will try to ask my dad some more as soon as i can but right now to tell you the truth hes having lots of problems going through some hard times, just got out of the county jail, so im waiting for the right time to ask.

but let me try to understand better on what you are saying..so do you think Los Nite Owls is the one and only clika in BxG? and do you think that someone could be from Bassett Grande and not be from Los Nite Owls?

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 9th, 2005, 2:09 pm

Quote from Ruthless
but let me try to understand better on what you are saying..so do you think Los Nite Owls is the one and only clika in BxG? and do you think that someone could be from Bassett Grande and not be from Los Nite Owls?

Quote from Lonewolf
The difference that I have come to understand in some of these is that the barrio will take its name from the community/town/city/valley or what have you, and the clika name is added to differentiate from others in the same community/town/city/valley whom are not an actual part of the gang itself, sort of like an initiation right of passage that without it you’re not really a part of the barrio.

Explanation:

“BARRIO”
BG BASSETT GRANDE
then
LNO LOS NITE OWLS

Difference that I understand is BG equals the Barrio name
And “LOS” equals the gang membership group (clika) name

So in essence “yes” you can claim Bassett Grande “BUT” not be a formal part of the “GANG” without the initiation into “LOS” group.

That is the differences in someone claiming per say SAN PEDRO but not being A TRUE part of SAN PEDRO LOCOS. That person would be an affiliate, a wanna-be, a hang around type, but until he joins “LOCOS”, he is not considered part of the gang.

With Barrios say like LAGUNA PARK VIKINGS, the Vikings part is always together with Laguna Park, never one without the other.
“LPV” are the initials you will “always” see them hit up.

But with Bassett Grande that is not the case, in fact when they put up a placaso, the LNO part will be under the Basset Grande or next to it, in the same style in which all others put in their side or clikas to distinguish the side or clika from the barrio name.

In Example v v v v

BASSETT x GRANDE
= Los Nite Owls =

Which is consistant with my understanding that the Barrio as a whole is above an individual or a group which follows after the main placaso.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 9th, 2005, 2:20 pm

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS
v v v v v v v v v v v v v

BASSETT x GRANDE
= Los Nite Owls =

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 9th, 2005, 2:25 pm

damn, I never thought it can be this complicated..lol

but this is was im thinking..a click is almost like a gang within a gang..right? but when someone joins Bassett Grande, then they are automatically part of Los Nite Owls. that is why i say their is no "click". because everybody who is part of the barrio is part of Los Nite Owls.


the way they write it on a wall, thats just how they write it so yes it may look like a click name but its not. their is parts of Bassett that you could just see LOS NITE OWLS written with no BG, even though they are more known as Bassett Grande.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 9th, 2005, 2:38 pm

RuthlessBone wrote:damn, I never thought it can be this complicated..lol

but this is was im thinking..a click is almost like a gang within a gang..right? but when someone joins Bassett Grande, then they are automatically part of Los Nite Owls. that is why i say their is no "click". because everybody who is part of the barrio is part of Los Nite Owls.
Now you get the picture, exactly, with the only fine line being that the barrio name will always take presedence over the group name, in this case say 50 years from now, other youngsters decided to start up BG LIL NITE OWLS, the BG would still be the barrio name above the group name.

Some, not many, only a few barrios have manged to keep it one group, and yes in order to be a TRUE part of the Barrio you must be a Nite Owl also.

One more example I can point out is in the Mexican Colonia (Barrio) roots and origins of the Chicano Barrios.

In the Colonia of yesterday and todays, wether it was back at the turn of the century or present day Mexico and some parts of Texas border towns.

La Colonia is always the "BARRIO NAME" and La Palomilla (Clika) can be here today and be gone tomorrow, but the Barrio remains -hence "POR VIDA".

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 9th, 2005, 2:46 pm

ok, so i guess i wasnt understanding you before. and i think we saw this in a different way. but still, if you were to ever ask someone from BG if they have any clicks, their answer will be "no". its varrio Bassett Grande 13 Los Nite Owls. you say the clika name can be here today and gone tomarrow but Los Nite Owls has always been and will always be "part" of BG.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 9th, 2005, 6:54 pm

RuthlessBone wrote:ok, so i guess i wasnt understanding you before. and i think we saw this in a different way. but still, if you were to ever ask someone from BG if they have any clicks, their answer will be "no". its varrio Bassett Grande 13 Los Nite Owls. you say the clika name can be here today and gone tomarrow but Los Nite Owls has always been and will always be "part" of BG.
So what you're telling me is that the Barrio name is BASSETT GRANDE 13 LOS NITE OWLS, not just Bassett Grande or not just Los Nite Owls but ALL OF IT TOGETHER, right?

"BGLNO" right?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 9th, 2005, 7:18 pm

lonewolf wrote:
RuthlessBone wrote:ok, so i guess i wasnt understanding you before. and i think we saw this in a different way. but still, if you were to ever ask someone from BG if they have any clicks, their answer will be "no". its varrio Bassett Grande 13 Los Nite Owls. you say the clika name can be here today and gone tomarrow but Los Nite Owls has always been and will always be "part" of BG.
So what you're telling me is that the Barrio name is BASSETT GRANDE 13 LOS NITE OWLS, not just Bassett Grande or not just Los Nite Owls but ALL OF IT TOGETHER, right?

"BGLNO" right?



yes and no. more like BG LNO. it can be said Bassett Grande 13
without LNO or LNO without BG.

so in your opinion, what exactly is a click then? usually when a barrio has a click they will say its a click atleast sometimes. for example, CVTokers13 Night Owls clika. but with Big Bassett, they never made it a click. it may sound like one or look like one but its not.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 9th, 2005, 7:39 pm

RuthlessBone wrote:yes and no. more like BG LNO. it can be said Bassett Grande 13
without LNO or LNO without BG.

YES and NO? :roll:

Which will it be Carnalito, can't be both, I ain't never heard of such a thing ever.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 9th, 2005, 8:10 pm

I do beleive what it is, is that the old interpretation has been lost like so many other things have in this day and age and now the latter generation doesn't understand the simple yet complex issue that THE BARRIO ES PRIMERO above the individual and above the group, the Barrio es POR VIDA, all else comes and goes but the Barrio remains.

User avatar
GIBBY
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 705
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 11:11 am

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby GIBBY » January 10th, 2005, 10:36 am

IMHO Ruthless is correct. Being that someone doesnt necesarrily hit up BG N'OWLS or claim it as opposed to claiming or writting BG soley doesnt mean its not part of their varrios name. I understand it to be BxG N'Owls. Another example that is outside the realm of your logic Lonewolf is Pomona 12st Sharkies. That is the name of thier varrio. Sharkies is not a clicka but part of the name yet its not a consistant part of thier placas or representing. Sharkies is their original name going back to the 40s/50s. Thiere is an movie called "Gang Boy" that documents this. Apperantley when the city of Pomona started adding number signs for street identification, 12st turned out to be the heart of thier varrio so they added that to the name. 12st Sharkies eventually turned into Pomona 12st Sharkies. Ive heard it and have seen it as P12, P12st, 12st Sharkies, P12st Sharkies. Ive seen it and have heard it as P12 without the Sharkies being written or mentioned but that doesnt exclude it from the full name.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 10th, 2005, 10:40 am

Alright, so be it.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 10th, 2005, 10:43 am

By the way, i know about Sharkeys story - that is very different to me.
But I'll accept Ruthless and yours (Gibby) analogy of the name for "BG".

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 10th, 2005, 12:44 pm

GIBBY wrote:IMHO Ruthless is correct. Being that someone doesnt necesarrily hit up BG N'OWLS or claim it as opposed to claiming or writting BG soley doesnt mean its not part of their varrios name. I understand it to be BxG N'Owls. Another example that is outside the realm of your logic Lonewolf is Pomona 12st Sharkies. That is the name of thier varrio. Sharkies is not a clicka but part of the name yet its not a consistant part of thier placas or representing. Sharkies is their original name going back to the 40s/50s. Thiere is an movie called "Gang Boy" that documents this. Apperantley when the city of Pomona started adding number signs for street identification, 12st turned out to be the heart of thier varrio so they added that to the name. 12st Sharkies eventually turned into Pomona 12st Sharkies. Ive heard it and have seen it as P12, P12st, 12st Sharkies, P12st Sharkies. Ive seen it and have heard it as P12 without the Sharkies being written or mentioned but that doesnt exclude it from the full name.


thanks. thats what i been trying to say.


Lonewolf, i still believe its the same thing for Pomona Sur Olive st. Dolphins, but anyways, peace...

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Lonewolf » January 10th, 2005, 12:51 pm

Orale Ruthless, you stood your ground and I congratulate you on it.

My respects on the subject at hand.

I'll accept your analogy, but my old head full of grey hairs still disagrees.

To me when you hit "BG" that says it all "BASSET GRANDE" thats the Barrio, and Los Nite Owls is the membership of the Barrio, but the Barrio is above the membership or the individual.

Graffitti/Placasos hold a certain rule for Hispanic Gangs, that is why I put out the question of explain this v v v v

BASSETT x GRANDE
= Los Nite Owls =

But I'm going around in circles like a dog chasing his tail, Hey what can I say THINGS ARE NOT THE SAME.

Peace Carnalito, until next time.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby RuthlessCray » January 10th, 2005, 1:04 pm

alright homie now i gotta get some last few words in..lol


when you go through Bassett's varrio you will see different hit ups. MOSTLY vBGR, BXG, BG..but 4 times out of 10 it might just say v.BASSETT 13. now does this mean that "Grande" it out of their name? does that mean "Grande" is a click also? the answer is no. because who ever did the writting just felt like putting Bassett 13. 3 times out of 10 they will just hit up LOS NITE OWLS with nothing else. but yes the full name is Bassett Grande 13 Los Nite Owls, but for short, they could just say BIG BASSETT OR BASSETT GRANDE.


but thats enough of this for me. if you dont agree its all good. i can agree to disagree with you. much respect. peace

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Unread postby RuthlessCray » August 10th, 2005, 7:36 pm

Bassett is a big, very well known old Barrio in the SGV...why not atleast have it listed on the website Alonso?

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 211
Joined: June 8th, 2004, 4:49 pm

Unread postby MARTINEZ. » August 11th, 2005, 6:16 pm

WHAT'S UP HOMIES !!

LET ME GET ON ON THIS, YOU ALSO HAVE

INDIANA X DUKES = DUKES is part of the Varrio Name, not a clica

LYNWOOD X DUKES = Same as above

LAGUNA PARK VIKINGS = Always have Vikingos to the LP

CANOGA PARK ALABAMA = I always seen them hit up CPA only, even though I know Alabama is the Street and Canoga Parque is the varrio.

I'm sure there's a grip more... Another string LOBO ???

Good stuff camaradas...CHOOOWWW !

ORALE.
MARTINEZ

MARTINEZ.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 211
Joined: June 8th, 2004, 4:49 pm

Unread postby MARTINEZ. » August 11th, 2005, 6:19 pm

SIDE NOTE:

I KNEW A VATO IN Y.A. Appx 15 years ago, FROM BASSETT X GRANDE

WHO WAS IN FOR MURDER... I DON'T RECALL HIM EVER SAYING

BASSETT GRANDE LOS NITE-OWLS.... Only BXG.

ORALE.
MARTINEZ

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4038
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Unread postby Lonewolf » August 11th, 2005, 9:49 pm

^ ^ ^ ^ THAT'S MY POINT MARTINEZ

SOME VARRIOS DO HAVE A CLIKA SOUNDING NAME AS PART OF THE "VARRIO" NAME, AND YOU AND I, AND OTHERS HAVE PUT THEM UP HERE ON THIS STRING.

"B U T"

BASSETT GRANDE IS HEARD ALL OVER THE LAND AS SIMPLY
"BASSETT GRANDE" WITHOUT THE LOS NITEOWLS PART, AND
MY POINT IS EXACTLY THAT, THAT "IF" IT WAS A TRUE PART OF
THE "VARRIO NAME" THEN IT WOULD ALWAYS HAVE BOTH.
THAT HOWEVER IS NOT THE CASE.

THE FACT THAT THEIR RECOGNIZED PLACASO HAVE "BGR" AND NOT "BGLNOR" CLEARLY TELLS ME THAT THE VARRIO EMCOMPASSES THE LNO'S AND LAYS CLAIM TO ALL AND ANYONE IN THE TERRITORY BUT THE OVERALL VARRIO NAME IS SIMPLY "BG".

FOR INSTANCE CYPRESS PARK BOYS, THIS I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT
CYPRESS PARK IS THE VARRIO NAME, AND BOYS IS THE MEMBERSHIP
IN THE VARRIO "BUT" NOT THE VARRIO NAME. THEY WILL POST UP BOTH CP and CP BoyS,
WITH THE "BOYS" PART SOMETIMES INCLUDED AND SOMETINES NOT.
THIS IS EXACTLY THE SAME WAY I SEE BIG BASSETT POST UP.

THIS IS TO ME MAKES A LOT OF SENSE, ESPECIALLY THE WAY I UNDERSTAND THE VARRIO TO BE ABOVE THE MEMBERSHIP OF ANY ONE VATO OR HOMEBOYS.

IN THE CASE WITH IDKS & LPV. DUKES AND VIKINGS "ARE" PART OF THOSE VARRIOS NAME AND IS THEREFORE ALWAYS INCLUDED, NOT JUST SOME OF THE TIME.

SOMEONE HAD POSTED THAT VALINDA FLATS HITS UP "VFM" BECAUSE THEY ONLY HAVE ONE CLIKA, HOWEVER SOMEBODY ELSE CAME UP AND PUT UP ADDITIONAL CLIKAS FOR VF, AND I PERSONALLY HAVE SEEN IN MY DAYS, PLACASOS FOR VF WITHOUT THE "M". THIS AGAIN TELLS ME THAT VF IS THE VARRIO NAME AND MIDGETS IS THE CLIKA.

SAME THING CAN BE SAID FOR LELAND PARK, YOU USED TO SEE MOST OF THEIR PLACASOS AS "LPH" LELAND PARK HOODS, HOWEVER THE HOODS PART WAS THE CLIKA AND LP WAS THE VARRIO, AND EVERY NOW AND THEN YOU WOULD SEE HIT UP JUST PLAIN "LP", "LxP", or LPSP, and THEN WHEN THE "BOYS" CLIKA TOOK OVER FROM THE HOODS, THE BOYS WOULD HIT UP "LPB", STILL THE VARRIO NAME WAS AND IS JUST PLAIN "LELAND PARK".

ALL THIS ^ ^ ^ ^ IS BASICS TO ME, AND I STAND BY MY POSITION 100%.

BUT THEN AGAIN, I'M STILL LEARNING AND YOU, LISTO AND GIBBY HAVE GIVEN SOLID UPDATES TO THIS YOURS TRULY OLD'ER FOOLIO.

ONE MORE EXAMPLE AS TO HOW I UNDERSTAND THIS DEAL WITH BGR.

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is the name of the country, but the U.S. would not exist without the citizens right?
In the same manner BASSETT GRANDE is the name of the VARRIO, but BG would not exist without its membership (NiteOwls) right?
Yet the citizens nor the LNO's are an actual part of the country/varrio name. They are in addition to, but not the "actual" name.

Totallynotmeguys
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 7:09 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Bassett

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby Totallynotmeguys » January 9th, 2018, 7:18 pm

Made an account just to post this because misconceptions are irritating.

The name of the gang is Bassett Grande.

"Los Nite Owls" is just an informal name, mostly used by the older dudes. The mascot is an owl. There's lots of big white owls in the trees in bassett. In bassett park back in the 80's, 90's if you heard a guy hoot like an owl, it was a code for locals to "get down!" As they were about to start shooting in the park. If you have an owl statue in your front yard, it still means you can find safe haven in that house if your running from the police.just run in the house.

It's not a "clique" there is only one gang.

Years ago, there was "little Bassett" and "big Bassett" But they have been absorbed into "big Bassett"

So the gang is "varrio Bassett Grande, 'los nite owls' 13" that's it.

Source- I lived in Bassett forever. Not a member though.

VictoriousHTZ
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 489
Joined: June 28th, 2013, 3:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Lazy Angeles

Re: BASSETT X GRANDE LOS NITE OWLS

Unread postby VictoriousHTZ » January 10th, 2018, 6:51 pm

^^ in the movie the 4th kind before u get abducyed by aliens u see an owl. Did this happen alot in basset grande?


Return to “Gang Questions & Info: Hispanic gangs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests