Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Many neighborhoods can not maintain themselves with the level of competition. They may get pulled into other neighborhoods or they just fade out. Only discuss those areas from LOS ANGELES that are gone.
babyyoda7
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 36
Joined: July 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: south central

Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby babyyoda7 » July 4th, 2017, 9:22 pm

Varrio Little Tijuana Locos 13 existed in the San Fernando Valley years ago, they were on bryant street, and are now defunct, they had no relations to another gang with a similiar name that went by "Tijuana Locos / Tj Locos". I believe they started beefing with MS13 for a while, and then they just vanished, I believe the MS13 that were by this area disappeared as well, although im not to sure about that, so dont quote me.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8753
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby alexalonso » July 7th, 2017, 1:30 pm

babyyoda7 wrote:Varrio Little Tijuana Locos 13 existed in the San Fernando Valley years ago, they were on bryant street, and are now defunct, they had no relations to another gang with a similiar name that went by "Tijuana Locos / Tj Locos". I believe they started beefing with MS13 for a while, and then they just vanished, I believe the MS13 that were by this area disappeared as well, although im not to sure about that, so dont quote me.



The guy 8-Ball from Ballin on Point, was just shot by a TJ Locos, so I think these guys still exist in the valley.

babyyoda7
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 36
Joined: July 4th, 2017, 7:00 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: south central

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby babyyoda7 » July 7th, 2017, 11:39 pm

alexalonso wrote:
babyyoda7 wrote:Varrio Little Tijuana Locos 13 existed in the San Fernando Valley years ago, they were on bryant street, and are now defunct, they had no relations to another gang with a similiar name that went by "Tijuana Locos / Tj Locos". I believe they started beefing with MS13 for a while, and then they just vanished, I believe the MS13 that were by this area disappeared as well, although im not to sure about that, so dont quote me.



The guy 8-Ball from Ballin on Point, was just shot by a TJ Locos, so I think these guys still exist in the valley.


Hey Alonzo, are you sure you aren't getting these two varrios mixed up? Because I use to see tags from this neighborhood back in the day, and they would always put "Lil" infront of there name, I'd always see a "Lil" infront of the Tijuana Locos tag, "LTJS13 or Lil Tijuana Locos 13" or who knows maybe the still active TJ locos stopped hitting up "Lil" infront of there name and just stuck with tijuana locos, tj locos.

LionTheOracle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: April 30th, 2017, 2:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby LionTheOracle » July 11th, 2017, 7:20 pm

Thanks for posting all these man, I love it!

ValleyKid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 174
Joined: February 22nd, 2014, 8:55 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: North Hollywood
Location: 818 SF Valley, LA County, South Cali

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby ValleyKid » July 15th, 2017, 7:42 pm

babyyoda7 wrote:
alexalonso wrote:
babyyoda7 wrote:Varrio Little Tijuana Locos 13 existed in the San Fernando Valley years ago, they were on bryant street, and are now defunct, they had no relations to another gang with a similiar name that went by "Tijuana Locos / Tj Locos". I believe they started beefing with MS13 for a while, and then they just vanished, I believe the MS13 that were by this area disappeared as well, although im not to sure about that, so dont quote me.



The guy 8-Ball from Ballin on Point, was just shot by a TJ Locos, so I think these guys still exist in the valley.


Hey Alonzo, are you sure you aren't getting these two varrios mixed up? Because I use to see tags from this neighborhood back in the day, and they would always put "Lil" infront of there name, I'd always see a "Lil" infront of the Tijuana Locos tag, "LTJS13 or Lil Tijuana Locos 13" or who knows maybe the still active TJ locos stopped hitting up "Lil" infront of there name and just stuck with tijuana locos, tj locos.

I think they do still exist. I've seen a few tags from them in North Hollywood a few weeks ago, near MS Fulton Locos turf.

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 122
Joined: March 16th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby istekse818 » August 20th, 2018, 12:21 pm

Little tj on Bryant street are different than the tj locos from Hollywood that are the same as the tj locos on sepulveda that beef with lst. Bryant St gang still refers to that area as the tijuanitas... I'll get back on that

istekse818
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 122
Joined: March 16th, 2010, 11:31 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: san fernando

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby istekse818 » August 20th, 2018, 12:26 pm

Lil Tijuanitas is a spot or apartment complexes on Bryants barrio over by parthenia...it was a spot called that looked rough back in the day

yoda100
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: December 17th, 2017, 6:32 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby yoda100 » August 20th, 2018, 11:29 pm

[quote="istekse818"]Little tj on Bryant street are different than the tj locos from Hollywood that are the same as the tj locos on sepulveda that beef with lst. Bryant St gang still refers to that area as the tijuanitas... I'll get back on that[/quote]

Yup, I think some people are getting these two gangs mixed up, back in my day, the Lil Tj Locos were different from the Tijuana Locos, they'd even hit up "Lil Tj Locos" in their tags, or "Lil Tj", they used to beef with MS13 too

SHYSTER
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 53
Joined: August 10th, 2005, 9:41 pm

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby SHYSTER » October 9th, 2018, 12:48 am

istekse818 wrote:Lil Tijuanitas is a spot or apartment complexes on Bryants barrio over by parthenia...it was a spot called that looked rough back in the day


Spot on. The area around Bryant St was called Little TJ back in the days. TJLS were in the VN/PC border, near Langdon and Roscoe.

User avatar
Lonewolf
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 4058
Joined: June 2nd, 2004, 4:57 pm
Country: Mexico
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Tijuana
Location: THE BORDERLAND
Contact:

Re: Little Tijuana / Lil TJ Locos

Unread postby Lonewolf » October 10th, 2018, 2:49 am

PARK PARTHENIA, A.k.a. TIJUANITAS
Northridge
LATIMES article

http://articles.latimes.com/1987-12-06/ ... -parthenia

In the office where redevelopment plans for a slumlike Northridge neighborhood are coordinated, an artist's rendering hangs, depicting how the renovated area will look. The drawing shows a gate-guarded, tree-lined community with Mercedes-Benzes driving in and out.

The rendering shows some of the physical and social changes that are supposed to transform the blighted Bryant Street-Vanalden Avenue neighborhood at the end of three years. As the first year of the $25-million renovation project ends, the predominantly low-income Latino area already is showing dramatic signs of change.

Bryant-Vanalden, once dubbed "Tijuanita," or little Tijuana, by locals, is looking more like "Park Parthenia," the name given by the developer to fit its new, spiffy image.

Streets and alleys are cleaner, grass grows in parkways, fresh paint and decorative redwood siding adorn the outside walls of the once-graffiti-strewn apartment buildings. Last week, the first stretch of handsome wrought-iron fencing depicted in the drawing went up.

So far, 38 of the area's 453 once-dilapidated apartments have been renovated into comfortable and more modern units, complete with new carpeting, drapes and a fresh coat of cream-colored paint. City inspectors will begin checking the units this week, and the first low-income tenants are expected to move in by Christmas.

The area is also beginning to shake its crime-tarnished image. Police say arrests for such offenses as drug dealing and prostitution have markedly decreased as the result of security measures in the project.

Rules Too Strict…But in the midst of the renovation, there is confusion over the number of low-income tenants who will be allowed to stay in the Park Parthenia. City officials and the developer have given conflicting information… Indeed, scores of families have left Bryant-Vanalden in the past year. At least 355 families have moved, and about a quarter of the apartments are vacant. The result is the most noticeable change in the neighborhood: There just aren't as many people around…


Return to “Inactive and Past Gang Neighborhoods”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest