LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

There is a rich history in our urban streets and many articles and documentaries are discussing these guys. Post your thoughts here about those O/Gs, Veteranos and other historical figures from the past.
User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » August 31st, 2008, 1:26 pm

Although any and everyone sold a couple ounces of rocks (the original LA name) at some point, but not everyone elevated their game to a kilo (28 ounces). During the 1980s a kilo was about $14,000, and one ounce was about $450 - 600 depending on supply / demand forces.

My question is who were the most successfull drug dealers in LA? Here is my list

1. La Rue - not gang related
2. Ricky Ross - not gang related but based in the Hoovers, incarcerated in Texerkana prison
3. Whitey - in the mid 80s there was "Whitey Enterprises"
4. Big Honcho - Grape Street Crip - released from prison in 2007
5. Water Head Bo - I think he was from 30s
6. Keith "Stone" - from 60s executed by Du Rocc Crips in 1992 (?)
7. Day Day - from Black P Stone (City) one of the first Bloods on the westside to push major weight, ended up addicted to his own drug
8. Michael "Harry O" Harris - from Bounty Hunter, went to prison for trying to kill his cousin in 1988, bank rolled Death row records.



has anyone heard of these guys or has more to

User avatar
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1207
Joined: October 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm
What city do you live in now?: Montreal
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby AllhoodPublications » September 2nd, 2008, 8:46 pm

alexalonso wrote:Although any and everyone sold a couple ounces of rocks (the original LA name) at some point, but not everyone elevated their game to a kilo (28 ounces).


A key is 36 ounces....

My question is who were the most successfull drug dealers in LA?


L.A. don't have any successful drug dealers in our era that come to mind.. successful to me is Master P, Jay Z, not someone who earned temporary success to have it taken away over night...

Tootie Reese
Whitey
Young Tommy
Mexican George
Freeway Rick

dwalton
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 124
Joined: November 10th, 2003, 2:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: ------------------

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby dwalton » September 3rd, 2008, 5:44 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:
alexalonso wrote:Although any and everyone sold a couple ounces of rocks (the original LA name) at some point, but not everyone elevated their game to a kilo (28 ounces).


A key is 36 ounces....

My question is who were the most successfull drug dealers in LA?


L.A. don't have any successful drug dealers in our era that come to mind.. successful to me is Master P, Jay Z, not someone who earned temporary success to have it taken away over night...


PREACH!

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby youngspade » September 3rd, 2008, 8:46 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:
alexalonso wrote:Although any and everyone sold a couple ounces of rocks (the original LA name) at some point, but not everyone elevated their game to a kilo (28 ounces).


A key is 36 ounces....

My question is who were the most successfull drug dealers in LA?


L.A. don't have any successful drug dealers in our era that come to mind.. successful to me is Master P, Jay Z, not someone who earned temporary success to have it taken away over night...

Tootie Reese
Whitey
Young Tommy
Mexican George
Freeway Rick



We got more TOP dealers now than we did back in they day, they just get caught less now....I know the person who holds the MOST "WAWA aka Water" in Southern California.

User avatar
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1207
Joined: October 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm
What city do you live in now?: Montreal
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby AllhoodPublications » September 3rd, 2008, 11:46 am

youngspade wrote:We got more TOP dealers now than we did back in they day


BS. How old were you back in the day???

I know the person who holds the MOST "WAWA aka Water" in Southern California.


Well tell that person to quit and legitimize his money before one time gets your IP address, bangs on your door, and makes you snitch!!!

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby youngspade » September 3rd, 2008, 12:48 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
youngspade wrote:We got more TOP dealers now than we did back in they day


BS. How old were you back in the day???

I know the person who holds the MOST "WAWA aka Water" in Southern California.


Well tell that person to quit and legitimize his money before one time gets your IP address, bangs on your door, and makes you snitch!!!



I said we HAVE more TOP dealers now then back in the DAY (That we all know about.) Being that its WAY more drugs on the market than back in the day. ( X, Pain-Pills etc etc. Get my drift?)

And there aint no snitch in me but like I said I know OF HIM. I should say :). THANKS but no Thanks

Im only 20 but its not what you KNOW, who you kno my friend.

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2900
Joined: July 4th, 2006, 4:15 pm
Location: Africa
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby Mcminister » September 3rd, 2008, 7:12 pm

if u kno real people...they shud tell u that teh drug game ain shit like how it was in the late 70's early 80's till the mid 80's.
there is more technology now
better policing
police no more...from the past.
and stricter jail sentences.
and stricter city street laws crack heads cant jst walk into every complex or w.e...its jst common sense really to realise ...n i too hearrd it from old schoo playas..

dwalton
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 124
Joined: November 10th, 2003, 2:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: ------------------

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby dwalton » December 19th, 2008, 8:28 am

youngspade wrote:
AllhoodPublications wrote:
youngspade wrote:We got more TOP dealers now than we did back in they day


BS. How old were you back in the day???

I know the person who holds the MOST "WAWA aka Water" in Southern California.


Well tell that person to quit and legitimize his money before one time gets your IP address, bangs on your door, and makes you snitch!!!



I said we HAVE more TOP dealers now then back in the DAY (That we all know about.) Being that its WAY more drugs on the market than back in the day. ( X, Pain-Pills etc etc. Get my drift?)
And there aint no snitch in me but like I said I know OF HIM. I should say :). THANKS but no Thanks

Im only 20 but its not what you KNOW, who you kno my friend.


I HEAR ALL THAT, BUT NIGGAS AINT GETTIN IT LIKE THEY WAS GETTIN IT BACK IN THE DAY. NONE OF THESE FOOLS CAN TOUCH WHAT FREEWAY RICKY WAS DOING BACK THEN. DO YOUR RESEARCH YOUNGSTA :wink:

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby youngspade » December 20th, 2008, 12:05 am

*Cracks Fingers*


Omg, you old niggaz think yall know everything but have nothing to back it up or have a reason to be talking this non-sense. Now, ive never said that there was anyone that could compare to FreeWay, Alot of people dont even know why he named his-self that. But im not getting into that, what I DID say is that THERE ARE TOP DRUG DEALERS out there you or me (I would be lying if I said I knew all of them, but I now of enough.) The reason why im expressing my point is because BACK THEN you needed the ONE connect NOBODY else had reach to, hense, making you the MOST Profitable by having a product nobody could get, in such a LARGE SCALE. Back in the day it was RULES in that shit......, For instance if I sold one of you guys a KILO, I couldnt just SELL another KILO to your next door neighbor......because with this deal you want to CONTROL the market. ( Which FreeWay did.) But im getting to in-depth with the other points. Im basically saying, that, there are 1,000 COUNTRIES and CONNECTS with the SAME SHIT. Yes, its easier to get caught but, YES, its easier ways to CONCEAL your wealth in this world as of 2008...! Agree? Almost every fucking race has THERE own MAIN supplier now, back then it was just the Colombians, Correct? But you see all kinds of people with WEIGHT they cant EVEN handle, agree? Its so easy to get a KILO now its ridiculous, really it is!

Just because im young, doesnt mean I wasnt surrounded by this shit, PERIOD, point blank. There's kids in high school as we speak with 100 racks in there pocket and if I named the hood you definitely believe me when I say it but why should I? Oh yeah, I forgot, im a youngster and I dont know shit. Thats why I have no respect for OG's. Unless there family and they actually respect US too.

Piss off.

dwalton
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 124
Joined: November 10th, 2003, 2:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: ------------------

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby dwalton » December 21st, 2008, 3:23 pm

youngspade wrote:*Cracks Fingers*


Omg, you old niggaz think yall know everything but have nothing to back it up or have a reason to be talking this non-sense. Now, ive never said that there was anyone that could compare to FreeWay, Alot of people dont even know why he named his-self that. But im not getting into that, what I DID say is that THERE ARE TOP DRUG DEALERS out there you or me (I would be lying if I said I knew all of them, but I now of enough.) The reason why im expressing my point is because BACK THEN you needed the ONE connect NOBODY else had reach to, hense, making you the MOST Profitable by having a product nobody could get, in such a LARGE SCALE. Back in the day it was RULES in that shit......, For instance if I sold one of you guys a KILO, I couldnt just SELL another KILO to your next door neighbor......because with this deal you want to CONTROL the market. ( Which FreeWay did.) But im getting to in-depth with the other points. Im basically saying, that, there are 1,000 COUNTRIES and CONNECTS with the SAME SHIT. Yes, its easier to get caught but, YES, its easier ways to CONCEAL your wealth in this world as of 2008...! Agree? Almost every #%@&#%@ race has THERE own MAIN supplier now, back then it was just the Colombians, Correct? But you see all kinds of people with WEIGHT they cant EVEN handle, agree? Its so easy to get a KILO now its ridiculous, really it is!

Just because im young, doesnt mean I wasnt surrounded by this shit, PERIOD, point blank. There's kids in high school as we speak with 100 racks in there pocket and if I named the hood you definitely believe me when I say it but why should I? Oh yeah, I forgot, im a youngster and I dont know shit. Thats why I have no respect for OG's. Unless there family and they actually respect US too.

Piss off.


POINT TAKEN LIL HOMIE. BUT RESPECT YOUR O/Gs IF THEY RESPECT YOU. ALSO, I'M STILL STANDING BY WHAT I SAID. NIGGAS WAS REALLY DOING WHAT YOU SAW NINO BROWN DOING IN NEW JACK CITY. YES NIGGAS IS STILL EATING IN THE DOPE GAME, BUT NOT ON THE LEVEL OF BACK IN THE DAY. CHUUCH

User avatar
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1207
Joined: October 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm
What city do you live in now?: Montreal
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby AllhoodPublications » December 22nd, 2008, 5:00 pm

Its funny that you keep bringing up Freeway Rick, he was getting busy before you were even born... getting it BIG, and thats my point.. there was plenty of money back in the days..

Crack houses had people waiting in line...

Baseheads flooded the streets like that video by public Eneemy, "The Night of the Living Baseheads", fools were counting millions in their living rooms.. dudes could break down 9 ounces and sell it rock for rock in a single day..

Nobody getting down like that in L.a. anymore... The Bush era can't even compare with the regan era youngster!

dwalton
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 124
Joined: November 10th, 2003, 2:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: ------------------

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby dwalton » December 22nd, 2008, 9:52 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Its funny that you keep bringing up Freeway Rick, he was getting busy before you were even born... getting it BIG, and thats my point.. there was plenty of money back in the days..

Crack houses had people waiting in line...

Baseheads flooded the streets like that video by public Eneemy, "The Night of the Living Baseheads", fools were counting millions in their living rooms.. dudes could break down 9 ounces and sell it rock for rock in a single day..

Nobody getting down like that in L.a. anymore... The Bush era can't even compare with the regan era youngster!

PREACH! PREACH! THESE LIL NIGGAS DON'T BE KNOWING KEV. YOU CAN'T TELL THEM SHIT.. THEY KNOW EVERYTHING. I'VE SEEN WHAT YOU DESCRIBED IN EVERY STATE I BEEN IN. SEEN CLUCKERS LINED UP AT THE CRACK HOUSES. SEEN PEOPLE WALKIN 'ROUND LIKE ZOMBIES. SEEN NIGGAS CRASH UP A BENZ FROM COMING HOME DRUNK FROM A CLUB AND HAD A FRESH ONE IN THE MORNING. SEEN NIGGAS HANDS CRAMPED UP FROM COUNTING MONEY ALL NIGHT LONG. YOUNG NIGGAS ALWAYS THINK THEY HAVE DEVINE KNOWLEDGE OVER O/Gs. THEY TRY TO IMITATE US BUT WITH NO GUIDANCE. AND THAT'S WHY THEY ALWAYS FAIL. YOU HEARD HIM.. "I HAVE NO RESPECT FOR O/Gs".. WITHOUT US THERE WOULD BE NO THEM. AND IT'S APPARENT THAT THIS YOUNG BROTHER DID'NT CHECK HIS HISTORY. PEACE

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby youngspade » December 24th, 2008, 8:17 pm

dwalton wrote:
youngspade wrote:*Cracks Fingers*


Omg, you old niggaz think yall know everything but have nothing to back it up or have a reason to be talking this non-sense. Now, ive never said that there was anyone that could compare to FreeWay, Alot of people dont even know why he named his-self that. But im not getting into that, what I DID say is that THERE ARE TOP DRUG DEALERS out there you or me (I would be lying if I said I knew all of them, but I now of enough.) The reason why im expressing my point is because BACK THEN you needed the ONE connect NOBODY else had reach to, hense, making you the MOST Profitable by having a product nobody could get, in such a LARGE SCALE. Back in the day it was RULES in that shit......, For instance if I sold one of you guys a KILO, I couldnt just SELL another KILO to your next door neighbor......because with this deal you want to CONTROL the market. ( Which FreeWay did.) But im getting to in-depth with the other points. Im basically saying, that, there are 1,000 COUNTRIES and CONNECTS with the SAME SHIT. Yes, its easier to get caught but, YES, its easier ways to CONCEAL your wealth in this world as of 2008...! Agree? Almost every #%@&#%@ race has THERE own MAIN supplier now, back then it was just the Colombians, Correct? But you see all kinds of people with WEIGHT they cant EVEN handle, agree? Its so easy to get a KILO now its ridiculous, really it is!

Just because im young, doesnt mean I wasnt surrounded by this shit, PERIOD, point blank. There's kids in high school as we speak with 100 racks in there pocket and if I named the hood you definitely believe me when I say it but why should I? Oh yeah, I forgot, im a youngster and I dont know shit. Thats why I have no respect for OG's. Unless there family and they actually respect US too.

Piss off.


POINT TAKEN LIL HOMIE. BUT RESPECT YOUR O/Gs IF THEY RESPECT YOU. ALSO, I'M STILL STANDING BY WHAT I SAID. NIGGAS WAS REALLY DOING WHAT YOU SAW NINO BROWN DOING IN NEW JACK CITY. YES NIGGAS IS STILL EATING IN THE DOPE GAME, BUT NOT ON THE LEVEL OF BACK IN THE DAY. CHUUCH



Point taken.....

@All, You act like there still not lining up, ofcourse the line doesnt go around the corner but they still exist. Ive seen the Dope game from LA to Chicago ( Where its more ) and its nothing you can really tell me. Also, you went around everything ive said which makes your statements irrelevant ya know? Now were talking about BUSH and REGAN? If thats the case, Frank Lucas -minus the snitching did it bigger than ANYONE now days. Its fucking irrelevant...seriously.

Why show respect when every comment is attacking my age, honestly, if thats the case, this wouldnt be a discussion.

User avatar
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1207
Joined: October 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm
What city do you live in now?: Montreal
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby AllhoodPublications » December 24th, 2008, 10:34 pm

@All, You act like there still not lining up, ofcourse the line doesnt go around the corner but they still exist.

Agree to disagree.

Ive seen the Dope game from LA to Chicago (

This discussion is about LA, not every drug dealer from Cali to Illinois.

Now were talking about BUSH and REGAN?

Regan Era; Iran Contra Scandal: Crack cocaine era; Columbian Drug Cartels; L.A. Drug connection; Increased welfare checks; New drug epidemic!

Bush; Quarter of a century after the crack cocaine era; Post- War on Drugs; 3 strikes; Chronic & Cush era; Ecstacy and Methaphetime; Freeway Rick/Bo/Fast Eddie/etc in prison; Benzo Al etc dead; Honcho/Tootie Reese/Young Tom etc retired.

Do you get it now?

There just isn't a large volume of big ballers like Gangsta from CC buying or being fronted 100 Kilo's no more.. fools would supply a number of turfs with work, these dudes nowadays are considered the man if he buy a bird or two and distribute it in his own hood..

The mexicans that took over the game are not even eating in the same manner as the big ballers from back in the day who was hooked up for the simple fact there are so many heads in a long chain of distribution.. overall they have paper, but not nearly as much paper on an individual basis.

If thats the case, Frank Lucas -minus the snitching did it bigger than ANYONE now days. Its #%@&#%@ irrelevant...seriously.

So if Frank Lucas did it bigger than anyone nowadays how does that support your argument?? And what does Frank Lucas have to do with Los Angeles?

Why show respect when every comment is attacking my age, honestly, if thats the case, this wouldnt be a discussion.

you didn't live to see the ballers of L.A. in the 80's, so Its not your age.. its your lack of experience and failure to present anything factual to support your argument.

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby youngspade » December 25th, 2008, 12:03 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:@All, You act like there still not lining up, ofcourse the line doesnt go around the corner but they still exist.

Agree to disagree.

Ive seen the Dope game from LA to Chicago (

This discussion is about LA, not every drug dealer from Cali to Illinois.

Now were talking about BUSH and REGAN?

Regan Era; Iran Contra Scandal: Crack cocaine era; Columbian Drug Cartels; L.A. Drug connection; Increased welfare checks; New drug epidemic!

Bush; Quarter of a century after the crack cocaine era; Post- War on Drugs; 3 strikes; Chronic & Cush era; Ecstacy and Methaphetime; Freeway Rick/Bo/Fast Eddie/etc in prison; Benzo Al etc dead; Honcho/Tootie Reese/Young Tom etc retired.

Do you get it now?

There just isn't a large volume of big ballers like Gangsta from CC buying or being fronted 100 Kilo's no more.. fools would supply a number of turfs with work, these dudes nowadays are considered the man if he buy a bird or two and distribute it in his own hood..

The mexicans that took over the game are not even eating in the same manner as the big ballers from back in the day who was hooked up for the simple fact there are so many heads in a long chain of distribution.. overall they have paper, but not nearly as much paper on an individual basis.

If thats the case, Frank Lucas -minus the snitching did it bigger than ANYONE now days. Its #%@&#%@ irrelevant...seriously.

So if Frank Lucas did it bigger than anyone nowadays how does that support your argument?? And what does Frank Lucas have to do with Los Angeles?

Why show respect when every comment is attacking my age, honestly, if thats the case, this wouldnt be a discussion.

you didn't live to see the ballers of L.A. in the 80's, so Its not your age.. its your lack of experience and failure to present anything factual to support your argument.



I agree with you....., but ive been alot of places and seen alot of things out there.....Im still seeing the sameshit but to a little extent, agree? I also agree with the mexican statement....aswell. Good, posting. I cant get mad at facts........

dwalton
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 124
Joined: November 10th, 2003, 2:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: ------------------

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby dwalton » December 25th, 2008, 12:05 pm

GOOD DEBATE

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » January 4th, 2009, 3:00 am

saying "successful" was not to be taken literally, just meant people who someone rose above the rest by hustling on the streets. Most of these people at some point have been to prison for drugs, but it still is not an easy task to generate hundreds of thousands and millions on the streets of a ghetto.

Others that come to mind

- Rene McGowen - was from the Nickersons
- Tootie Reese, i think already mentioned
- Elrader "Ray Ray" Browning

User avatar
AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1207
Joined: October 8th, 2006, 12:58 pm
What city do you live in now?: Montreal
Location: West Coast
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby AllhoodPublications » June 5th, 2009, 9:31 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:Mexican George


Supermarket mogul guilty of bribery, racketeering, soliciting murder
George Torres, who started the multimillion-dollar chain of Numero Uno markets, may face life in prison on charges including bribing an L.A. planning commissioner and arranging opponents' slayings.
By Scott Glover
April 21, 2009

George Torres, a feisty entrepreneur who built a multimillion-dollar grocery store chain by catering to some of Los Angeles' poorest communities, was convicted of racketeering, solicitation of murder, bribery and other crimes Monday by a federal court jury.

Torres, who faces potential life imprisonment as a result of the verdict, showed no emotion when it was read. Friends and family, however, burst into tears and embraced one another outside the courtroom of U.S. District Judge Stephen V. Wilson.

The verdict represents a major victory for federal authorities who charged Torres last year with running a criminal enterprise, or so-called shadow organization, to ensure the success of his Numero Uno market chain.

Prosecutors' portrayal of Torres differed starkly from the 52-year-old's public persona as a successful businessman and influential political donor.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » June 5th, 2009, 2:11 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:
AllhoodPublications wrote:Mexican George


Supermarket mogul guilty of bribery, racketeering, soliciting murder
George Torres, who started the multimillion-dollar chain of Numero Uno markets, may face life in prison on charges including bribing an L.A. planning commissioner and arranging opponents' slayings.
By Scott Glover
April 21, 2009

George Torres, a feisty entrepreneur who built a multimillion-dollar grocery store chain by catering to some of Los Angeles' poorest communities, was convicted of racketeering, solicitation of murder, bribery and other crimes Monday by a federal court jury.

Torres, who faces potential life imprisonment as a result of the verdict, showed no emotion when it was read. Friends and family, however, burst into tears and embraced one another outside the courtroom of U.S. District Judge Stephen V. Wilson.

The verdict represents a major victory for federal authorities who charged Torres last year with running a criminal enterprise, or so-called shadow organization, to ensure the success of his Numero Uno market chain.

I heard that these markets were operated by the Mexican Mafia, some one told me to notice how there is never graffiti on them. Any truth to this?

Prosecutors' portrayal of Torres differed starkly from the 52-year-old's public persona as a successful businessman and influential political donor.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » September 19th, 2009, 3:36 am

AllhoodPublications wrote:
alexalonso wrote:Although any and everyone sold a couple ounces of rocks (the original LA name) at some point, but not everyone elevated their game to a kilo (28 ounces).


A key is 36 ounces....



I was thinking the number of grams in an ounce, mistake, i knew that because quarter keys were 9 zones. Also I notice that I mentioned that Water Head Bo was from 30 but he came out of the 60s, maybe overhill, his name was William Bennett and he is still in prison for drug charges from a 1988 arrest. That means that he has served 21 years already, unbelievable, but maybe he has been catching cases in there, dont know.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » September 19th, 2009, 3:40 am

I believe that there are still high rollers serving both meth and yayo, but the difference today is that the new Ricky Ross's are not high profile, they are not flashy, and they live modest while they sit on a fat stash. I know of one guy that you would never know was earning his money through the underground economy but he learned from all the big headed guys that preceded him.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » April 5th, 2013, 12:22 am

From the AP

AROUND THE NATION; Los Angeles Drug Gangs Blamed for 25 Murders
AP
Published: October 21, 1984

LOS ANGELES, Oct. 20— The authorities blame a struggle between two drug gangs in south-central Los Angeles for 25 murders since March, including the ''drive-by'' slayings of five youths Oct. 12, according to a published report.

The slayings were a ''planned execution,'' unidentified law-enforcement officials told The Los Angeles Times.

The newspaper reported today that the authorities identified the drug syndicates as Whitey's Enterprises and Third World, both of which are controlled by former street-gang members who moved into larger crimes as they outgrew the gangs.

The syndicates reportedly control about 130 houses where drugs are sold, with each house grossing thousands of dollars a day. Thousands of teen-age gang members are employed by the syndicates, officials said.

User avatar
bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5220
Joined: June 19th, 2003, 7:01 am
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby bgcasper » April 5th, 2013, 2:23 am

[quote="alexalonso"]I believe that there are still high rollers serving both meth and yayo, but the difference today is that the new Ricky Ross's are not high profile, they are not flashy, and they live modest while they sit on a fat stash. I know of one guy that you would never know was earning his money through the underground economy but he learned from all the big headed guys that preceded him.[/quote]real ...in europe most real keep low profile than move to other country mostly og or friendly country to invest cause police there hi tech and snichin is a sport ...now ... not keepin low profile is not possible for a real team of serious people only top snitch and rappers be blingin outa control in those police states

karim
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 174
Joined: July 18th, 2006, 7:14 am

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby karim » April 9th, 2013, 3:19 am

I think that the police has improved their tactics a lot, and the new top dealers may have learnt from the mistakes of the old ones (being flashy...)
@youngspade: Just keep in mind that all the olds heads, even if I think they were right just above, would give all that they have to be 20 again ! At least me (I'm 38). Anyway I like your ardour !

dwalton
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 124
Joined: November 10th, 2003, 2:12 pm
What city do you live in now?: ------------------

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby dwalton » July 3rd, 2013, 1:26 pm

How did Renee McGowen die?

mrjohnny310
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 0
Joined: May 17th, 2016, 6:29 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: redlands

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby mrjohnny310 » May 17th, 2016, 6:48 pm

if you was really from the 80's and know the l.a. streets ,the name below will tell the story
COOK
HARRY O
MARK CARTER
BROTHER
WHITEY
TRAYLO (EAST SIDE)
LARUE
LEN (COMPTON)
FREEWAY RICK
OLIE
DAVE (BOTTOM)
PAT (COMPTON)
BLACKWELL
BURBANK
GUY
MANPOWER
RENE MCGUAWIN
WIZARD
CAD BOB
TWILMAN (BOTTOM)
DROOPY
JESSEE
BRIMS (WATTS)
SEDRICK MCGILL
YOUNG TOMMY
JC

FOR ALL THOSE THAT READ THE RESPONSE WILL AGREE THE BOSSES OF THE STREETS OF LA IN THE 80'S

cliffard
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 687
Joined: March 20th, 2007, 5:03 pm

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby cliffard » June 27th, 2016, 3:47 pm

alexalonso wrote:
AllhoodPublications wrote:
alexalonso wrote:Although any and everyone sold a couple ounces of rocks (the original LA name) at some point, but not everyone elevated their game to a kilo (28 ounces).


A key is 36 ounces....



I was thinking the number of grams in an ounce, mistake, i knew that because quarter keys were 9 zones. Also I notice that I mentioned that Water Head Bo was from 30 but he came out of the 60s, maybe overhill, his name was William Bennett and he is still in prison for drug charges from a 1988 arrest. That means that he has served 21 years already, unbelievable, but maybe he has been catching cases in there, dont know.


I recently read about water head Bo, and they lifed him off in 1990... whether his charges were state ( in which case he might get out) or fed (in which case he probably won't) I don't know...
As for me, locking someone up at the age of 25 for the rest of their natural when they've not killed anyone makes 0 sense to me, without going into redemption etc (Rick Ross is a good example) it makes absolutely no financial sense either, especially when California and the USA in general need to save $$$ wherever they can...

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » July 29th, 2016, 3:12 am

The Brim family in Watts is pretty deep. I knew a couple of the Brims, they grew up in Jordan Downs are of Watts, and some of them claimed Grape Street but not all of the Brims were gang members.

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8361
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby alexalonso » July 29th, 2016, 3:13 am

Water Head Bo is out now, and apparently he was not from 30s Crips as mentioned above, not sure if he even ever banged.

Gloss
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: January 31st, 2014, 11:04 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Illinois
What city do you live in now?: Chicago

Re: LA top drug dealers of the 1980s

Unread postby Gloss » July 6th, 2017, 2:21 pm



Start at 17:42

News Clip of lil Tommy Whitmore. He had 2 mansions and 14 car stable at only 23 years old.
Attachments
IMG_8383.PNG
IMG_8383.PNG (82.11 KiB) Viewed 339 times


Return to “Past Figures, The Infamous & Legends of the Game”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests