Raul "Huero Sherm" Leon, top Mexican Mafia from San Diego

There is a rich history in our urban streets and many articles and documentaries are discussing these guys. Post your thoughts here about those O/Gs, Veteranos and other historical figures from the past.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Raul "Huero Sherm" Leon, top Mexican Mafia from San Diego

Unread post by alexalonso » January 5th, 2014, 12:45 am

Raul Leon was a street gangster from San Diego, convicted of murder and started serving a life sentence in the 1980s. He stabbed a prison guard in San Quentin, and later killed inmate, Jabila Barragan, at the High Desert State Prison in Susanville in 2002. He become among the top La Eme shot callers in the 2000s. In 2006, he was indicted by the FEDS for all kinds of drug and conspiracy offenses.

In 2009 the Federal government took him out of State Custody in Pelican Bay and transferred him into Colorado, ADX Supermax prison.
Attachments
raul-leon-lg.jpg
raul-leon-lg.jpg (151.88 KiB) Viewed 35504 times

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: Raul Leon, top Mexican Mafia from San Diego

Unread post by silentwssj » January 5th, 2014, 9:18 am

There was a book that was supposed to come out that dealt with the San Diego faction of the EME. It is called "Shotcaller". It used to advertised as a book that is about to be "soon released" by "Police and Fire publishing". I do not think that the book was about this guy, but it was about one of his underlings. If I remember right the book review said that it touched on Raul "Sherm" Leon and dealt with this guys connection to him. This was about a year ago. The publishing company has since removed the book from its list. I have been trying to find it ever since with no luck. I did come across a web site that was advertising a seminar from the guest speaker whom the book was written about. It is for law enforcement personnel only! I figure the guy must be a high profile dropout who is in custody, but is allowed to speak to LE? His book was advertised as being available to LE personnel only that attend the seminar. Do you have any insight on this book Alex? I would figure that you out of all people, would possibly know why it has not been released to the general public? I am sure that it would answer a lot of questions about Raul "sherm" Leon.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 5th, 2014, 1:11 pm

I found the Book on a website called www.serrato training .com, it is listed as available for purchase only to people who are LE personnel and who attend a training seminar held by the chino PD! The book is about an EME dropout and he is the guest speaker at the seminar. The name of the book is "Shotcaller" The life of a Mexican Mafia soldier by Mr Fingers. I remember that "police and fire publishing" used to have a description of this book up about a year ago. It said it was "soon to be released". I remember their description of the book. It was about the San Diego EME and definitely touched on Raul "Sherm" Leon. The description from "Serrato training" says it is about a member who was an informant. It describes it as a "training tool" for LE personnel to cultivate informants. Anybody got any info on this book and how the general public might obtain a copy of it? I find it funny that it was scheduled to hit the "Open market" and then was pulled out of circulation for the rest of us! What is up with that ???

triplethreat
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by triplethreat » January 6th, 2014, 10:28 am

^Someone high up in law enforcement probably realized there's too much sensitive material in the book. Doesn't make sense to have this info available to the general public or for just anyone to obtain. Originally I came to this thread to mention that years ago online I read some where that the shot caller of the SD Eme branch was an Asian guy. I believe he was straight up Chinese to be exact but from a Sureno hood. At least this is what law enforcement thought at the time. I wonder how true that is and what the history is behind that particular individual.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Raul "Sherm" Leon, top Mexican Mafia from San Diego

Unread post by silentwssj » January 10th, 2014, 5:31 pm

I have now confirmed that the book "Shotcaller" is about Raul Leon's dealings with one of his underlings! Unfortunately it has been pulled from circulation!

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » January 11th, 2014, 7:21 pm

silentwssj wrote:I have now confirmed that the book "Shotcaller" is about Raul Leon's dealings with one of his underlings! Unfortunately it has been pulled from circulation!
are any of the first book still available? Can i find it online?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » January 11th, 2014, 11:01 pm

I have not had any luck Alex! I have not tried EBAY though! I guess it contained sensitive material and was pulled from circulation! That sucks huh! Maybe they can release a watered down version!

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Barrie

Unread post by Apache » April 4th, 2014, 10:48 pm

This guy has been caught on camera dry snitching. He's probably in the hat by a rival Eme faction.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » March 16th, 2015, 12:21 am

silentwssj wrote:I have not had any luck Alex! I have not tried EBAY though! I guess it contained sensitive material and was pulled from circulation! That sucks huh! Maybe they can release a watered down version!
is this the book: http://streetgangs.com/billboard/viewto ... &p=8764320

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 16th, 2015, 5:19 pm

That is the book! Razorman said that it is to LE sensitive. It probably never will be released to the public!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » March 17th, 2015, 6:48 am

Yeah Silent... don't look like your going to get your hands on that book...But to give you a little "unknown info" on the "San Diego Mob" 2 of the originals are brothers and friends of mine for over 20 years,Is "Ronald & Hector Ayala 64 years Ronnie and Hector is 63 they been on death row since 1989 for a "Triple Murder" I was in the adjustment center yard with them in 1995...In San Quentin on our yard "EME/AB"You don't hear to much about the Drago faction but they are a force to be recon with as San Diego is a large area.And far as this guy dry snitching on camera don't know about that.but he is locked down with some heavy weights.in ADX in Colorado and they are slammed dunked meaning you can not get to anyone and nobody can get to you.There are many reasons you get put "INTHEHAT"But if your not in the tip you wouldn't have a clue.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LA

Unread post by 282828 » August 25th, 2015, 5:22 pm

He was one of the main guys in the bay. I wouldn't say he was dry snitching, he was allowed to talk to the camera and there really wasn't anyone above him at the time to tell him he couldn't. I heard he dropped out but I think that was gossip.. he's definitely a heavy hitter in the eme but now that he's in the feds he might not have the power he had in the state. That's someone else's house and he prolly pissed a lot of them off over the years.

Since he was sent to the feds and lalo died I don't know who the top dogs are in the bay but I'm sure they'll be known soon.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » August 25th, 2015, 5:59 pm

@282828 talking on camera for any active member is forbidden...against policy...but wether or not He was the big dawg in the bay or not. He most definitely is a small fry in the Feds.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » August 25th, 2015, 6:50 pm

I thought he was skating on thin ice for that interview! He didn't really say anything bad but camera interviews are a no, no! You ever notice the only prison gang members that talk on camera are dropouts. Its unheard of to get an active member of EME, NF, AB or BGF to say anything on camera. That is the only case I have ever heard of where that happened!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » August 26th, 2015, 6:50 am

This kinda puts everything into perspective,the guy will never get out he has 2 life sentences and a life without possibility of parole so his fate is sealed. But here is the paperwork where he told.
Mexican Mafia Member Sentenced to Life in Prison
Twitter Facebook

Mexican Mafia Member Sentenced to Life in Prison

U.S. Attorney’s Office
January 16, 2009

Southern District of California
(619) 557-5610
San Diego, CA - United States Attorney Karen P. Hewitt announced that today United States District Judge Dana M. Sabraw sentenced Raul Leon to serve life in prison without the possibility of parole. Defendant Leon was sentenced based upon his October 3, 2007, guilty plea to participating in a racketeering influenced corrupt organization (RICO) conspiracy involving the Mexican Mafia, aka “La Eme,” prison/street gang. In his guilty plea, Leon admitted that the Mexican Mafia racketeering organization is involved in a wide range of criminal activities, including: murder, attempted murder, conspiracy to import and distribute controlled substances, conspiracy to interfere with commerce through threats of violence, conspiracy to launder drug proceeds and robbery. The defendant also acknowledged the manner in which the Mexican Mafia is able to exert control over illegal activities both within the prison system and on the streets of Southern California through its connection to various Hispanic street gangs in San Diego.

In his plea, Leon admitted to participating in the June 2002 murder of Jabila Barragan. Despite his incarceration in the restrictive Special Housing Unit (SHU) at Pelican Bay State Prison, defendant Leon admitted that he participated in conspiracies to distribute controlled substances and launder drug proceeds. Defendant Leon also admitted that he was a member of the Mexican Mafia.

The RICO conspiracy charge to which the defendant pled guilty stemmed from a long-term investigation conducted by the multi-agency San Diego Violent Crimes Task Force-Gang Group and North County Regional Gang Task Force, which targeted the criminal activities of Hispanic street gangs with ties to the Mexican Mafia, or “La Eme.” A total of thirty-six defendants were arrested and prosecuted in federal court based upon the investigation.

United States Attorney Hewitt commented, “The criminal impact the Mexican Mafia has on our community is profound - their members and associates are involved in violent crimes and significant drug-related activities. The federal RICO conspiracy statute allowed the Government to hold the defendant accountable for the full scope of his criminal activities, including violent crimes traditionally prosecuted in state court. Including the life sentence imposed today, the Government has successfully sought and received a total of eleven life sentences for defendants arrested in connection with this investigation.”

FBI Special Agent in Charge Keith Slotter commented, “Given this organization’s history of extreme violence and other criminal activity, any time we get a member of the Mexican Mafia off the streets this city is considerably safer.”

U.S. Attorney Hewitt praised the Organized Crime Drug Enforcement Task Force ("OCDETF") for the coordinated team effort culminating in the charges filed in these cases. The OCDETF program was created to consolidate and utilize all law enforcement resources in this country’s battle against major drug trafficking.

DEFENDANT Case Number: 06cr1243-DMS

Raul Leon

SUMMARY OF CHARGE

United States v. Raul Leon , et. al. (Case Number 96CR1243-DMS) Title 18, United States Code, Section 1962(d) - Conspiracy to Conduct Enterprise Affairs Through a Pattern of Racketeering Activity

Maximum penalties: life in prison $4,000,000 fine 5 years of supervised release

INVESTIGATING AGENCIES

Federal Bureau of Investigation San Diego Police Department San Diego Sheriff’s Office North County Regional Gang Task Force Immigration and Customs Enforcement Carlsbad Police Department Escondido Police Department Bureau of Prisons California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation Naval Criminal Investigative Service Oceanside Police Department Drug Enforcement Administration - Los Angeles and Riverside Bureau of Narcotics Enforcement - Los Angeles and Riverside Marshals Service Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms.

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Apache » August 26th, 2015, 7:41 pm

In the interview he said "Who said the cops are off limits? Nobody said cops are off limits." He openly discussed EME business, but not directly. He may be able to get around it, but it could be something another Carnal could use against him in the future, if he wanted to politic against him.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » August 26th, 2015, 8:27 pm

I look at like this he is in ADX Florence Supermax in the Feds! he will never get out! And he is locked down tight, whether or not they put him in the hat or not is really here nor there.Because he will never get out! he will meet his maker in federal prison!Case closed!!!

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Apache » August 27th, 2015, 4:09 am

Manuel "Tatti" Torres (think that's his first name) was killed by the EME in the Florence Supermax. He was also the first death at that institution, meaning that it's not impossible for him to actually get killed while he's locked down.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » August 27th, 2015, 7:09 am

@Apache were you got that Information I don't know? But The ADX Florence Supermax has some really high profile inmates and nobody has ever been killed there since it opened in 1994...

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » August 27th, 2015, 8:34 am

I guess you are correct! he got killed at 63 years old on the yard! that is what I read.My bad apache! :lol:

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Apache » August 27th, 2015, 1:50 pm

No problem and I got it from the Mexican Mafia Encyclopedia.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by bumperjack » August 27th, 2015, 3:22 pm

Ok kool...I don't own "no books" just memories...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » October 8th, 2015, 6:22 pm

Apache wrote:In the interview he said "Who said the cops are off limits? Nobody said cops are off limits." He openly discussed EME business, but not directly. He may be able to get around it, but it could be something another Carnal could use against him in the future, if he wanted to politic against him.
is this video interview online?

Apathetic
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Jerusalem

Unread post by Apathetic » October 14th, 2015, 2:19 pm

@1 wrote:
Apache wrote:In the interview he said "Who said the cops are off limits? Nobody said cops are off limits." He openly discussed EME business, but not directly. He may be able to get around it, but it could be something another Carnal could use against him in the future, if he wanted to politic against him.
is this video interview online?

I think this is it.

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Raul "Huero Sherm" Leon, top Mexican Mafia from San Dieg

Unread post by Apache » October 14th, 2015, 3:37 pm

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Apache » October 14th, 2015, 3:40 pm

This is it

coolguy1127

Unread post by coolguy1127 » December 5th, 2015, 7:18 pm

How much are people actually willing to pay for this book if it was found? ive been searching everywhere!

Return to “Past Figures, The Infamous & Legends of the Game”