how do u stand on white's being involved in hiphop?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
Anonymous20

how do u stand on white's being involved in hiphop?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 17th, 2004, 1:37 pm

how do u stand on white's/asians being involved in hiphop?

or blacks/latinos in europe..

Anonymous20

Re: how do u stand on white's being involved in hiphop?

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 17th, 2004, 4:36 pm

The way I see Hip-Hop is as music. Just like black people started jazz or blues n countless other forms of music that I, personally, love n appreciate, I don't really let that affect how I like the music. For example, you see a white woman singing jazz surrounded by black people or whatever the mix it is among the musicians. I see it as music and if it's good to my ear then I like it. It's like latin music, you know the origins and where each style comes from, but if a person from another color or whatever feels the passion for this style and dedicates himself to it then it's good for him (and for the people liking too). I mean music is music, it comes from the heart, not based or judged on color. Now as for hip-hop, there arent many white rappers out there but I don't really care about that shiit why should i hahaha (by the way i REALLY dont like eminem on the sideline). I definitely am not afraid to thank or remind people that black culture gave so many different music forms and I also dont see no problem with people from other nationalities feeling that shit too and playing side by side. It's like with funk, p-funk, whatever, it gathers all types of people together on some positive shit n even makes the youth wanna make themselves better, wether its hey i wanna play bass, guitar, any instruments like that man coz hes so damn tight on it and i respect him (again no matter what color youre from). But now, if the artist is on some racist shit, and i mean real racist shit, not like denouncing real racism that happens in this world to make people realize something (which is right), then I think that guy's got a problem coz music is music like I said n its coming from the heart. If it's just to say racist shit, he might as well just make a racist speech (coming from whatever color it is) and end it there, not try n pass it as 'music' so it reaches more people making them believe ok you bump this shit so u gotta think like me n be egocentric. I may not have expressed myself fully so yall can understand my stand but hope you can get the point out of it. peace

2%SODA
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 2%SODA » April 17th, 2004, 10:11 pm

i don't really care... as long as they come tight then it's nothin

and asians in hip hop is a good thing 8)

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 18th, 2004, 3:48 am

Same here

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » April 18th, 2004, 9:53 am

eminem's voice is annoying and half of his lyrics are dedicated to his mom...other than that i havent heard too many white rappers...RA the rugged man is pretty tight tho

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » April 18th, 2004, 11:04 am

1 thing i cant stand is when people assume theres ways to act a skin color,
i mean how the hell do u act a skin tone? What is the "RIGHT" Way for a Black person to act Black? Is he/she supposed to be loud, wear baggy pants and blast Rap/Reggae 24/7?

Or is an Oriental person supposed to be very silent, talk with an accent, know the secrets of Wing Chun, and play the violin? hows he supposed to dress to fit "your" expectations?= pajamas and a straw hat 4 the rice fields?

Not every person has the same thoughts/feelings/taste as every other person of his/her race. This should have been taught in grade 2-3 cause this is just common sense.

its pathetic when i c full grown adults snicker at a Chinese/Viet guy trying to rap, making ignorant comments regarding his merit as a "real Asian" okayyy

Or when i c people laugh @ a Black female 4 dressing casual, attending college and borrowing books from a library. They say she's too sqaure, she's not Black enough. What, is she supposed to show her booty off and have 3 kids to prove her Blackness?

So a Oriental/Indian/Native/or White guy likes to Rap, anddddd?

So a Black guy likes playing classical, anddddd?

I guess Yao Ming and Jin aren't ethentic enough right?

???????????????????????????????????????????
Oh by the way

I've met 3 Chinese Jamaicans recently and they are so different from mainland Chinese. These Jamaican Chinese listen 2 dancehall/reggae/Rap/Rnb, eat and cook oxtail stew,saltfish,rice/peas, and love the arts more than academics.

Should they have 2 spend a lifetime having 2 explain to society why they r the way they r?
That they never chose the environments their forefathers/mothers chose about 2 centuries ago?

oh yeh, Chinese jamaicans r called Hakkas, and can speak the patois diolect. Later

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » April 18th, 2004, 11:07 am

1 thing i cant stand is when people assume theres ways to act a skin color,
i mean how the hell do u act a skin tone? What is the "RIGHT" Way for a Black person to act Black? Is he/she supposed to be loud, wear baggy pants and blast Rap/Reggae 24/7?

Or is an Oriental person supposed to be very silent, talk with an accent, know the secrets of Wing Chun, and play the violin? hows he supposed to dress to fit "your" expectations?= pajamas and a straw hat 4 the rice fields?

Not every person has the same thoughts/feelings/taste as every other person of his/her race. This should have been taught in grade 2-3 cause this is just common sense.

its pathetic when i c full grown adults snicker at a Chinese/Viet guy trying to rap, making ignorant comments regarding his merit as a "real Asian" okayyy

Or when i c people laugh @ a Black female 4 dressing casual, attending college and borrowing books from a library. They say she's too sqaure, she's not Black enough. What, is she supposed to show her booty off and have 3 kids to prove her Blackness?

So a Oriental/Indian/Native/or White guy likes to Rap, anddddd?

So a Black guy likes playing classical, anddddd?

I guess Yao Ming and Jin aren't ethentic enough right?

???????????????????????????????????????????
Oh by the way

I've met 3 Chinese Jamaicans recently and they are so different from mainland Chinese. These Jamaican Chinese listen 2 dancehall/reggae/Rap/Rnb, eat and cook oxtail stew,saltfish,rice/peas, and love the arts more than academics.

Should they have 2 spend a lifetime having 2 explain to society why they r the way they r?
That they never chose the environments their forefathers/mothers chose about 2 centuries ago?

oh yeh, Chinese jamaicans r called Hakkas, and can speak the patois diolect. Later

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » April 18th, 2004, 1:10 pm

^^thats some real shit you said there george

Light_skin_boy
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Light_skin_boy » April 18th, 2004, 5:30 pm

hip-hop is worldwide theres poeple from every country every race singing hip-hop... its not about race anymore.........

troy b
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by troy b » April 18th, 2004, 7:15 pm

skin color doesnt matter to me, i dont like eminem really, but 2 of my favorite producers happen to be white (alchemist and scott storch) i also like big pun (puerto rican) and boo yaa tribe(samoan) the producer fredwreck is also palestinian

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 19th, 2004, 7:23 am

Em is overrated but still think he alright a lot of people in the game got shitty attitude towards Em hatin on him. But color does not matter as long as you saying something and you nice I will listen.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 19th, 2004, 7:24 am

___________shity

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » April 20th, 2004, 3:40 am

Hip Hop is bigger than colour, ethnicity and race. Man, Hip Hop trancends culture! Hip Hop is both froma culture, assimilatin g other cultures and evolves new forms, new culture. Me - I enjoy a good flow, new flows, new styles, old styles, innovation, deep bass beats and on... Yes man, Hip Hop is a vocal tradition with links all over the world. Yes, it has roots in oral traditions from Africa, born again in the late twentieth century in New York. But it also has streams flowing in now from other oral traditions from other histories - arabic, somalian, West African, British, French, Chinese and on and on....Hip Hop ain't about colour, it ain't black or white, its a human culture of poetic storytelling which has taken on dramatic form and will keep evolvin. Thank the Lord! I love it! Always, always...its a human ting

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 20th, 2004, 3:55 am

YEAH GOERGE I GOT THE SAME POINT OF VIEW
IM A NIGGXICAN AND THAI BOXE SO WHAT?????????BUT U CANT STOP THAT BULLSHYT THEY ALL FUCCIN RACIST AND BELIEVE ME THE VIETS ARE NUMERO UNO WHEN IT COMES TO RACIAL DISCRIMINATION ASK THE HALF NIGGAZ LEFT BY THEIR G.I FATHER AFTER THE WAR WHAT IS THEIR OPINION ABOUT THE VIETNAM PEOPLE AND HOW THEY WAS TREATED CAUSE OF THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN ...NO RIGHT FOR EDUCATION AND GOT SEND ON MINE LAND TO TAKE OFF MINES THEM 7 YEAR OLD CHILDREN WERE SEND TO DEATH ON MINE FIELD NOW ...JUST TO LET U KNOW THAT ALLLLL ALLLLL THE FUCKIN WORLD IS RACIST AND THE VIET ARE ONE OF THE TOP CATS WHEN IT COMES TO RACISM ...
NOW I HATE EMINEM VOICE AND THE FACT HE DISSES HIS MOTHER MAKE ME FEEL SORRY FOR HIS SORRY ASS .....
SO FAR I NEVER SAW A WHITE BOY RAPPIN WITH THE STYLE AND THE GROOVE I LOVE BUT BELIEVE ME I GOT LOVE FOR LIL ROB HE IS MEXICAN AND FOR ME HE BEATS A GANG OF NIGGAZ WHEN IT COMES TO RAP ...BUT BRING ME A WHITE BOY WHO RAP LIKE BG KO OR DOMINO AND WILL HIS NUMBER ONE SUPORTER .

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » April 20th, 2004, 9:04 am

Hey Casper u listen 2 Mountain Brothers???

rumble2005
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by rumble2005 » April 20th, 2004, 11:25 am

Eminem flows tight and has a lot of good music. thats all good.
And the norteno rapper Woodie from east co co records is another great white rapper. All the northern expozures he came out with were off the hook.
Bubba sparxxx is pretty good...he got timberland doin the beats....

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » April 20th, 2004, 1:06 pm

no whats mountain bro ? tell me and i will try to find them

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » April 21st, 2004, 11:08 am

Eh Casper, look 4 them on Kazaa. 3 Oriental rappers from Philly, they're sick

C_Ridah253
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by C_Ridah253 » June 7th, 2004, 9:20 am

IT DONT MATTER IF THE ARTIST IS WHITE, BLACC, ASIAN, ARABIC, ALIEN...WHATEVER. AS LONG AS THE MUSIC SOUNDS COO IM COO WITH IT. LOKI IS WHITE AND HIS SH_T SOUNDS STRAIGHT TO ME.

YOUNG1_ASEK
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by YOUNG1_ASEK » June 18th, 2004, 11:46 am

well to answer the question since i see foos gettin off topic i dont see tomany white rappers so can barely judge but eminem i think he's pretty tight and i think he'll make a lot of blk foos loook stupid in a battle well thass it im out late

R.I.P. SNAXX EAST SIDE BOLEN PARQUE

FREE LARGO
FREE EDDIE
VARIO EAST SIDE BOLEN PARQUE

Parole

Unread post by Parole » June 29th, 2004, 9:08 pm

Ive meet a white cat, goes by the alias MAD and he freestyles every verse and its hot shiznit! His voice is strange though but lyricaly he gots it goin on and hes keeps it to stuff hes seen and knows. I know this cats orgins to cause he lived near me in inglewood. Look for this cat in the futere yall he needs to get big.

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » December 15th, 2004, 10:01 am

i got not problem with other races being involved..i just odnt wanna see some white boy acting like hes from the streets just becuase he might have a tight flow...

if you didnt live it dont rhyme it...too many fools out here who can rhyme they ass off but they talk about "bustin caps" and "carrying toys" when most probably never even seen a gun in real life...

and then....why do everybody gotta come out like they hard....does all hip hop gotta be about crime drugs cars dissin women and killing???

i mean hey..if they music is good the music is good....i just dont wanna see people comin as fakers and frauds....

S.R.E.
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by S.R.E. » December 15th, 2004, 10:15 am

Hiphop is Hiphop, there should be no color gender invovle. Hiphop and Rap came from the essence of being uncovential, and breaking away from the standards that society tries to put us in. So how can now, Hiphop are Rap put any standards on who's invovled or who flows. The thing is as previsouly stated, just be who you are and not what you see others are doing. So if you have skills to flow, well than flow, reguardless of color, when people here your skills you'll get your respect.

FLUID
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FLUID » December 15th, 2004, 11:50 am

THE COLDEST CAUCASIAN MCs IN THE RAP GAME ARE:

EC ILLA aka WHITEFOLKS(Chicago)

LOKI from SICCMADE MUSIK(SacTown)

ZAGG(female) from SICCMADE MUZIK(SacTown)

FoEvaFlamin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by FoEvaFlamin » December 15th, 2004, 12:11 pm

I MEAN I DONT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST IT I JUST DONT SUPPORT IT. REASON BEING THAT WHITES NEVER SUPPORTED RAP PERIOD. NOW THAT EMINEM HAS STARTED TO RAP AND HE HAS THE BLAcK PEOPLES EAR AND ALL THE WHITE KIDS WANNA BE LIKE HIM. THEY HAVE THE NERVE TO SAY HE IS THE "GREATEST" PLLLLLEASE HE DIDNT HAVE TO BUILD UP A KROSSOVA. BUT NAME A BLAcK ARTIST THAT DONT HAVE TO KROSSOVA TO SELL ATLEAST 4 MILLION? ONLY ONE AND THAT WAS TUPAc THAT I can THINK OF.

dopekid127
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dopekid127 » December 15th, 2004, 1:24 pm

hmm..tell u the truth..dont really matter about skin color in hip hop.....as long as u aint whack, and can hold ur own in a battle, u coo

Noog
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Noog » December 17th, 2004, 5:00 am

Ultimately, it seems that there is consensus of sorts. It doesnt matter what about the colour of a mans skin! It doesnt matter if he black, brown, yellow, white or Klingon, so long as the man has skills, pure and simple.

Hip Hop cant be pigeon holed, cant be reduced to a colour or ethnicity, it transcends all that. Its about the skills - lyrical skills, with, intelligence, beats and finding new forms....If you bored of your home grown, check fe UK sounds, check fe Dizzee Rascal, check fe Exodus. Dem boys black, but I wouldnt care if they were asian, white or whatever. I do not agree however, with gerbils in Hip Hop, dem tings just jump aroung too damn much and they aint got the skills.

Sh3LLz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Sh3LLz » December 17th, 2004, 7:33 am

but what is hip hop about..hip hop comes from struggle..struggles 99% of white people and asian people will NEVER go through...

if you can rap...fine..but dont come talking about the struggles of african american faking the funk like you been through it..

BABYBRAZE
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by BABYBRAZE » December 18th, 2004, 6:12 pm

i think there should be more white rappers n bridge racial gaps but they shuldnt take the shit over leave sumthin 4 us

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 18th, 2004, 7:55 pm

Who the fuck are you to typecast all Asians as White counterparts???

Do you know what fucking Asian person even goes through??? DOn't even talk shit alright?
At least you don't have people asking you if you eat dogs/cats/babies on certain days of the week, or blame your kind for all the traffic accidents. At least people don't target YOUR corner stores and rob u cause they assumed you and your kind are all rich. So back off. right now i am pissed at you.

You don't fucking know shit about what its like to be Asian so don't talk it. Asian people have been through a lot, and still go through shit. You ever even stepped a foot into China or Vietnam??? YOu have kids running up to your left overs on your plate and snatching the shit you didn't finish?

FUck you you piece of ignorant shit. i don't give a fuck any more. Don't even put Asian people in a typecast with white people. Yeah, and Asian people have and still do go through what Blacks go through

Malaysians were taken over to Mexico as slaves by the Spanairds, fact.

Chinese people were constantly lynched or had their Chinatowns burned down by White people up to at least the 1940's, fact.

Vietnamese/Cambodians/Hmong residents in certain states are constantly isolated and harassed by the red neck White locals, an example of that is with that Hmong guy who finally got fed up with WHite peoples hate towards him and killed six of them supposed hunters.

Fact= Both Asia/Africa was colonized by Europeans.

SO how can you say Asian people don't know how it feels to be oppressed?! simply by you stating that is another means of oppression, oppression through deceit.

Whatever. I don't even care if you try to mingle with the facts. ALL i know is what i go through. I am George's friend and, i am of Vietnamese descent. i read this bull this person above wrote and just had to vent.

Just cause some Asians make $$$ doesn't mean we all have it as if we are in a Urban Utopia. i am fed up, and i am not one of those Asian guys any of you can just run to and make racist comments on the street.

I WILL STAND UP FOR MY DIGNITY IF IT MEANS ME DYING WITH IT.

oh yeah, did you all know people in Denmark/Belguim used to eat dogs up to the late 1930's???? How come you don't hear White people ever admitting it????

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 18th, 2004, 7:59 pm

And 99% on Asians is like basically generalizing 99% as being better off, rich and stuff??? Please. Please.

George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by George » December 18th, 2004, 8:20 pm

This is G o o g l e's cache of http://www.bol.ucla.edu/~tiffloui/love.htm as retrieved on 23 Nov 2004 10:48:58 GMT.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
****FOR BEST RESULTS, MAXIMIZE YOUR BROWSER'S WINDOW****

Answer:
They've all been VICTIMS of

What is RACIST LOVE??

Often times, in today’s society, Asian Americans are deceived into believing that their presence is fully embraced by American culture. Through praise and reinforcement of the “model minority” myth, Asian Americans have come to rely on a false sense of acceptance. Most Asian Americans are unaware of society’s subtle racism and discrimination, which can be referred to as “racist love.” This type of racism is often overlooked since it is mistaken for good intentions and American approval (as opposed to the “racial violence” that society is used to seeing).

Racist love can be characterized and disguised as:
- Exoticism and Orientalism
- unaware perpetrators, and unaware
victims
- the idea that Asian Americans benefit
from the pre-established notions
- a supposed path towards success
- an assumed advantage over other races
socially and economically
- stereotypes
- the notion of Asian Americans as
“model minority” citizens

Our Objectives in Presenting this Web Site:

In presenting this webpage, we hope to bring about awareness to both Asian and non-Asian Americans. Often times assumptions about the Asian American race are made and received subconsciously. However the effects of these assumptions are often over-looked, yet for Asian Americans, have negative results. What we’ve found in talking to many Asian Americans is that they’ve come to embrace their status in American culture, and have been conditioned to accept their placement in society. Because of the long history of this subtle racism, Asian Americans are deceived into taking their status of being the “model minority” for face value. Asian Americans have come to accept their stereotypes, which are so deeply imbedded in their minds that they refuse to challenge what they believe as their property. Thus they have conformed to what society has depicted them as with feelings of inability and apathy towards changing them.
Throughout this webpage we present many controversial ideas that you may not agree with. However, while viewing our page, we ask you to keep an open mind and think about the concepts that we present. Our goal is not to attack white Americans, but to expose the underlying racism and discrimination that is often unseen, unheard, and unacknowledged.

In opening our eyes to the subtle racism of society, we must examine:
I. Stereotypes
II. The "Model Minority" Myth
III. Exoticism and Orientalism

Return to “Music and News”