Hieroglyphics- A bay area Rap Group.....

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Hieroglyphics- A bay area Rap Group.....

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 18th, 2007, 12:03 pm

The Hieroglyphics, also known as the Hieroglyphics Crew and Hiero, are an American underground hip hop collective based in Oakland, California. The collective was founded in the early-1990s by rapper Del the Funkee Homosapien.

The Hieroglypics are considered by many to be hip hop visionaries, combining fundamentally sound deliveries and intelligent lyrical content with smooth, original and sometimes jazzy or funky beats and samples.[1] Since their inception, Hieroglyphics have amassed a dedicated following of die-hard fans largely through their live concerts, podcasts ("Hierocasts"), and promotion through the collective's own website.[2]

The collective is also known for its ubiquitous, three-eyed, straight-lipped face logo that figures prominently on their albums, website, stickers, and clothing (worn by both the collective's members, as well as fans

lol these niggaz is weird as a mutthafucka but i like they songs.....my peoples from they bay put me on them....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 18th, 2007, 3:46 pm

you ned to fuck with they first cd, third eye vision -its an underground classic. but theres way more people in the group then them 4 they showed or whatever. Also souls of mischief make up like 4 members of the group so check out souls of mischief. they single back in the day was 93 til infinity.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 18th, 2007, 4:36 pm

yeah its like 8 people in hiero and that aint includin people they mess with like O.C. from D.I.T.C......i do have a souls of mischief CD bekuz my fav nigga in hiero is A+ who is in souls....i alwys thought Del wuzz the best lyrically but Casual startin ta step his game up.......

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 18th, 2007, 4:39 pm

Casual my nigga. they can flow fo sho.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 18th, 2007, 4:41 pm

the other big group from the bay with 3 LA niggas in it -murs is one of the LA niggas in it- is the living legends.

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 18th, 2007, 6:03 pm

livin legends??? neva heard of em...if they as "unique" as them hiero dudes than u gotta put me on to them.....

Tha_Pioneer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tha_Pioneer » July 18th, 2007, 6:14 pm

yea the Heiro cats is cray-z...u gotta check out Zion-I too...I use ta sell clothes to those cats but they on some real under ground shyt to

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Young Deuce » July 18th, 2007, 6:20 pm

lol....that nigga del just look like a nigga u constantly say wtf he doin??? about em but i dont kno.....them dudes is nice lyrically.....im startin ta feel them non hyphy bay area niggaz like topkat and others.....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 18th, 2007, 6:22 pm

del be comin to the heiro shows all fucked up though and try to freestyle all his verses, shit piss me off.

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » November 8th, 2007, 12:34 pm

perongregory wrote:the other big group from the bay with 3 LA niggas in it -murs is one of the LA niggas in it- is the living legends.

Livin Legends is where its at!

Young Deuce
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re:

Unread post by Young Deuce » June 29th, 2008, 1:50 am

perongregory wrote:you ned to fu-- with they first cd, third eye vision -its an underground classic. but theres way more people in the group then them 4 they showed or whatever. Also souls of mischief make up like 4 members of the group so check out souls of mischief. they single back in the day was 93 til infinity.

neva heard it till the otha day which is funny kuz it they most famous song....got they old cd from a vinyl store and its raw....they look hella dif now....especially a-plus and opio...

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Re:

Unread post by clipse » June 29th, 2008, 11:20 am

Young Deuce wrote:

neva heard it till the otha day which is funny kuz it they most famous song....

Straight CLASSIC! Also "Thats When You Lost"!

Azure9920
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: --

Re: Hieroglyphics- A bay area Rap Group.....

Unread post by Azure9920 » June 29th, 2008, 11:26 am

Meh...

Return to “Music and News”