Ice Cube does video about Jamiel Shaw

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Ice Cube does video about Jamiel Shaw

Unread post by alexalonso » September 30th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Ice Cube does video about Jamiel Shaw Feat. Musiq Soulchild called "why me?" Begining line he says, "smoked a nigga for nothing" while holding a photo of Jamiel Shaw. They shot the video in Antelope Valley. I actually was a middle person who got Ice Cube's people on the phone with the Shaw family. They shot the video in August.

M&L
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: at home

Re: Ice Cube does video about Jamiel Shaw

Unread post by M&L » October 1st, 2008, 12:52 pm

perso i dont like cube no more,it must make of the years i dont listened to him...these last stuff are all fucked,but anyway i dont listen to folks from hollywood block

but good looking alex

Kara Ben Nemsi
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Kara Ben Nemsi » October 10th, 2008, 9:35 pm

Poor Jamiel. He was just acting out like most good kids with some heart do growing up. No way he deserved anything that happened to him.

clipse
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by clipse » October 10th, 2008, 10:16 pm

alexalonso wrote:

I actually was a middle person who got Ice Cube's people on the phone with the Shaw family
Ok...

Mcminister
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Mcminister » October 10th, 2008, 10:35 pm

this song is real hip hop...but the thing is . i kno its hard realitty but the dudes family shud know he was a gang member his my space spells it all out...even though he didnt bang like everyday he was already sayin he is a 18street killa......com'on now how u ain a gang member sayin stuff like that

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » October 11th, 2008, 12:57 am

I really hope this album gets more airplay than Smile Now, Laugh Later. Ice Cube has really come full circle. My only complaint is that I wish he'd stop the misogynist lyrics. But what he does is a far cry better than what's on the radio. It's going to be a tough nut for him to crack. Radio is now owned by people who have no use for songs like "why me". Game comes close with his new one but it's mostly about himself. The industry today wants whatever is going to influence kids to by clothes and cars. Cube's music just doesn't tap into that part of the brain. It makes people think. The industry has no use for that. But he has to keep trying. Keep pushing through.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » October 11th, 2008, 1:02 am

Mcminister wrote:this song is real hip hop...but the thing is . i kno its hard realitty but the dudes family shud know he was a gang member his my space spells it all out...even though he didnt bang like everyday he was already sayin he is a 18street killa......com'on now how u ain a gang member sayin stuff like that
I agree. I saw Shaw's Myspace page too. Cube should have gotten the family of a Mexican victim on the video, too, to balance it out. This song advocates peace, but the first verse, and thus first segment of the video, only gives one side of the story. That's not going to sit well with Mexicans, and to advocate peace you have to let all sides have a voice.

Return to “Music and News”