Your opinions on Eminem?

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
GTS
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Your opinions on Eminem?

Unread post by GTS » June 10th, 2004, 1:38 pm

EMINEM BROUGHT RAP INTO THE HOMES OF WHITE PEOPLE THAT WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT BEFORE HIM. HE'S CLEVER WITH WORDS AND HAS GOOD BEATS. BASICALLY HE IS A MTV WET DREAM, AND I GIVE HIM RESPECT FOR MAKING IT IN THIS GAME WITH EVERYONE GUNNIN FOR HIM, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I'M GONNA BUY HIS CD'S.

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 11th, 2004, 1:04 pm

screenwriter wrote:Ah, Eminem. Like so much of the Aural Debris that comes out of the Music Industry now a days, I'd have to say Eminem Is A Joke (In Your Town) - kinda like 911 is a... Oh, never mind. Ha, ha.

Really, I have to agree with so many of the comments here. I can't listen to Eminem for too long. His voice is way too annoying. I was happy to see Outkast capture so many Grammys recently, but wish it had happened with Aquemini - rather than their latest ventures. It'd be nice to see Youngbloodz get some attention - especially for their older stuff. But it seems like to hit it big on The Charts, you have to have a "gimmick" as mentioned here. It's not about Talent so much as it is about being Catchy/Repetitive/Being Obnoxious or having a certain Look.
what about 9/11 not sure as to what was on yo mind

screenwriter

Unread post by screenwriter » June 11th, 2004, 3:39 pm

I was just making a joke as in 911 Is A Joke In Your Town by Public Enemy.

sexy365
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by sexy365 » June 16th, 2004, 10:52 am

IF SOMEBODY DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT RAP BEFORE EMINEM THEY DAMN SURE DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT NOW.

jimmy_tee
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by jimmy_tee » July 13th, 2004, 1:46 am

GTS wrote:EMINEM BROUGHT RAP INTO THE HOMES OF WHITE PEOPLE THAT WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN ABOUT IT BEFORE HIM. HE'S CLEVER WITH WORDS AND HAS GOOD BEATS. BASICALLY HE IS A MTV WET DREAM, AND I GIVE HIM RESPECT FOR MAKING IT IN THIS GAME WITH EVERYONE GUNNIN FOR HIM, BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN I'M GONNA BUY HIS CD'S.
Aren't we all forgetting the Beastie Boys??????
Eminem is more popular now yes, but the Beastie Boys were the first talented white rappers to make in into the Mainstream.

GUNJA SMOKIN
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by GUNJA SMOKIN » July 13th, 2004, 5:51 pm

bgcasper wrote :

i think eminem is out of topic cause to me he have nothing in comon with both street and gangs ,so i don't feel like posting comment on his ass cause he have nothing to do with our lifestyle ... its like asking whats your opinion on britney spear ,i think its out of topic but i agree it can be fun to see how civilians see this guy , they may think him and dre are riders it can be possible that some dummys have this opinion(to me him dre and xbich are sucking each others nuts behind close doors) ,nothing is impossible just have to look at 2pac alive posts to realise how many dumm ass ignorants bustaz are posting stupid opinions about things they don't know s-hit about ,but they have to realise that santa clause doesn't exist ,and tupac is dead ....

OH MY DAYS U CHAT SHIT CASPER

sniff

Unread post by sniff » July 24th, 2004, 7:42 pm

That fool cant rap shit...

Greetings from the UK, this site is just fuckin crazy..some interesting stuff round here. Nothin like it round here, sounds like some fucked situation..

stay safe people. Hit me up with any questions on cannabis cultivation via pm...get u peeps with some fine set-ups shiftin pounds of the finest dank..peace.

BROWN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BROWN » July 27th, 2004, 11:11 am

eminem is a good lyricist, but he bitches too much(his mother etc)and when hes around 50 n g unit he acts like a thug. Im just sick of him lol

BABY_LOCS
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BABY_LOCS » August 15th, 2004, 7:19 am

MAANN..I THINK HE CANT RAP 4 NUTHIN...I DONT LISTEN TO HIM CUZ HE AINT WORTH IT

Military Mind
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Military Mind » October 15th, 2004, 1:34 pm

WORD... .

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » October 15th, 2004, 1:51 pm

HE GETS ON MY NERVES so i switch the channel. n i havent ever checked out any of his albums

J-DUB
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by J-DUB » October 16th, 2004, 11:31 pm

EM IS TIGHT TO ME. HE TALKS ABOUT OFF THE WALL KRAZY STUFF AND THATS WHAT MAKES HIS STYLE DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE.

North Face
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by North Face » October 17th, 2004, 2:54 pm

I DONT LIKE ENIMEN!

Spliffman

Unread post by Spliffman » October 18th, 2004, 10:33 am

I quite like eminem well i like his funny drugs songs^^...But when he tries to do serious shit its fucked cuz hes not a fucking gangsta...and the guy thinks he is..

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 11th, 2005, 1:01 am

Spliffman wrote:I quite like eminem well i like his funny drugs songs^^...But when he tries to do serious shit its #%@& because hes not a #%@?%@ gangsta...and the guy thinks he is..
obviously you have never been to detroit,
eminem has been through some shit and survived, never gave up hope and now he is at the top, that proves to me he is Gangsta FOR Life~!

WhiteBoy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WhiteBoy » April 11th, 2005, 1:03 am

BTW, any one hating on DRE, is a busta ass hater that aint going no where themselves, DRE makes beats and he is one of the best at it, get over it, get off his, em's, 50's nuts and go find yourself a woman that you can put yours in, bottom line any one who trash talks on a million dollar maker is just a hater.

Oaktown
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Oaktown » April 11th, 2005, 10:58 pm

Ay homie i can feel what you're saying bout Dre and Em but on the real the guys aren't the perfect image, they fk their own shiit up all the time! Hell, didn't Pac even say Dre used to be bringin' up cross-dressers n shiit to the studio?

Fair nough', Dre and Em make good beats... they got the whole market on lock down cause they appeal to both a black and white audience, but asif you can't see why people be hatin' on them! Half of their hype is based on the beef and stories that they create for themselves,

I ain't gonna say they ain't talented because i give em' props... they are! All i'm saying is they turn rap to be beef related n shiit

Word
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Word » April 12th, 2005, 1:50 pm

I like Eminem. I can relate to what he says.

Most people don't like Eminem because he's white in a black-predominate game. But he's been successful with 30,000,000+ records sold cuz he learns to play his cards right. Many people don't look for lyrics anymore in songs, it's all about the beats nowadays. He played that perfectly. He got both laid nicely down and he uses his skin color to another advantage.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 12th, 2005, 2:11 pm

BAck in the Day with his first LP, eminem was coo'l and gravy Never really bought his shyt but Whenever I heard it I could vibe to it. Now I cant stand the fuccen Clown. He reminds me of a female. His voice, his music Videos, His personality, His face is that of a Female. He claimed he hated gay people, et he sings with Fagz all that gay bahin and he performs live in front of Millions with a gay man. Hypocriticle.

Than he fuccs with Pacs CD's and trys to be the 'GODFATHER' of rap, Like hes some Kind of Bob Marley legend. And that Pac CD they Fucced around with was one of the worst CD's Ive ever purchased in my life. Sounded like bullshyt. Just sounded Fake. Eminem Killed it. Bad. I dont like the Clown.
His little Group D12 is a god damn Joke. Shouldn't even be considerd rap.
Its is a fuccen discrace to rap in general to put that clown shyt on the air.

But Record sales Ill give it up to Eminem, From what I heard he has sold almost as many records as the pop King (Pedofile) Michal Jackson Himself. Yeah I'll give it to him. But I just aint down with him, or his crew, or his style.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 12th, 2005, 2:11 pm

BAck in the Day with his first LP, eminem was coo'l and gravy Never really bought his shyt but Whenever I heard it I could vibe to it. Now I cant stand the fuccen Clown. He reminds me of a female. His voice, his music Videos, His personality, His face is that of a Female. He claimed he hated gay people, et he sings with Fagz all that gay bahin and he performs live in front of Millions with a gay man. Hypocriticle.

Than he fuccs with Pacs CD's and trys to be the 'GODFATHER' of rap, Like hes some Kind of Bob Marley legend. And that Pac CD they Fucced around with was one of the worst CD's Ive ever purchased in my life. Sounded like bullshyt. Just sounded Fake. Eminem Killed it. Bad. I dont like the Clown.
His little Group D12 is a god damn Joke. Shouldn't even be considerd rap.
Its is a fuccen discrace to rap in general to put that clown shyt on the air.

But Record sales Ill give it up to Eminem, From what I heard he has sold almost as many records as the pop King (Pedofile) Michal Jackson Himself. Yeah I'll give it to him. But I just aint down with him, or his crew, or his style.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 12th, 2005, 2:12 pm

My bad for the Duece. My Fault Cuzz.

DC
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by DC » April 12th, 2005, 4:12 pm

I heard that about DRE and cross dressers as well, whats up with that.
Maybe he is like Eddie Murphy and likes something a little extra on the side.

cashville
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cashville » April 12th, 2005, 7:45 pm

no matter your views on em u gotta admitt one thing the boy can spit he will kill every last one of yall in a freestyle battle put money on that one.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » April 12th, 2005, 7:55 pm

I agree But Eyedye from Anticon Tow eminem up, made that foo'l cry. gahahaha.

Return to “Music and News”