Jin's New album?????

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
George
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 936
Joined: February 2nd, 2004, 7:38 pm

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by George » March 6th, 2005, 10:16 am

Exacty, whether if Jin is good or not .... if his A and R, market team, distributors do a bad job..... what do you think will happen to his music????

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 399
Joined: June 30th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: other

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by olo » March 6th, 2005, 1:10 pm

George wrote:Exacty, whether if Jin is good or not .... if his A and R, market team, distributors do a bad job..... what do you think will happen to his music????
Jin has the same staff as Eve and Jadakiss did, when they blew up. Plus he had a joint with Wyclef. Plus he had 106 and Park buzz. And he still sucks. Jin is a below-average rapper who got over as a gimmick because he is Chinese.

Everybody who ACTUALLY KNOWS hip-hop knows Snoop is one of the best freestylers on the planet. In fact, he freestyled half of his first album.

User avatar
purplecityhello
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1851
Joined: October 7th, 2004, 10:51 am
Location: Harlem World aka Purple City
Contact:

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by purplecityhello » March 6th, 2005, 3:19 pm

lets all be honest here...... no body wants to hear a chinese rapper, whats he gonna talk about? i cant relate to him, yeah he can spit but i dont like them punchlines always pickin fun at his culture or that song he came out with wyclef. haha

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by never die inside » March 6th, 2005, 5:24 pm

rap used to be about activism. anything to change the status quo, and stand up to the power. speakin up for the voices that hadn't been heard before. about anger at bein a colored man in america.

If jin rapped about that, he'd be goin back to the roots of rap. but he's gonna haveta say some crazy ish to get the respect of blacks in Los Angeles whose used to Tupac type visionary shiet.

Skillz
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 47
Joined: March 6th, 2005, 4:19 pm
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by Skillz » March 6th, 2005, 5:29 pm

That shit was disappointing, he is a good freestyle/battle cat but he ain't put out a solid album.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by BlaKK » March 6th, 2005, 5:38 pm

bahahhaha CHOW~MAIN RAP. gaaaahahahahh Get the fucc outa here with the Bullshyt.

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by never die inside » March 6th, 2005, 5:41 pm

BlaKK wrote:bahahhaha CHOW~MAIN RAP. gaaaahahahahh Get the fucc outa here with the Bullshyt.
damm. u put up a picture of bob marley n say racist shiet like that? what you know about the '92 LA Riots dawg?

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 536
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 11:42 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by blkjoker » March 6th, 2005, 5:54 pm

olo wrote:
George wrote:Exacty, whether if Jin is good or not .... if his A and R, market team, distributors do a bad job..... what do you think will happen to his music????
Jin has the same staff as Eve and Jadakiss did, when they blew up. Plus he had a joint with Wyclef. Plus he had 106 and Park buzz. And he still sucks. Jin is a below-average rapper who got over as a gimmick because he is Chinese.

Everybody who ACTUALLY KNOWS hip-hop knows Snoop is one of the best freestylers on the planet. In fact, he freestyled half of his first album.
People who actually knows hip hop give respect where its do, and Jin got freestyle skills. You talking about you know hip hop and have the nerve to say Ice Cube and LL Cool J can freestyle better then Jin. I'll put Jada Kiss on Cube and LL. Jin may not be a good rapper but, I'm willing to bet he can take out more then half of the ones in the game now in a freestyle battle. I'm not talking about him selling albums, but battling in the booth with the spot light shinning. Snoop aint been hot since his first album, he a house hold name he been fell off. Snoop aint no where near as being one of the best freestylers. I'll put Big L, Biggie, Em, Jay-z, KRS-1, Jada Kiss, Kurupt, Kane, Bennie Segal on Snoop. I'm willing to bet Jin would have Snoop sweatin. Anyway its all good, I know what I'm talking about and I don't hate. You don't have to sell records in order to be considered a good freestyler.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by BlaKK » March 6th, 2005, 5:59 pm

StreetKarma wrote:
BlaKK wrote:bahahhaha CHOW~MAIN RAP. gaaaahahahahh Get the fucc outa here with the Bullshyt.
damm. u put up a picture of bob marley n say racist shiet like that? what you know about the '92 LA Riots dawg?

I got asain Hommies, They roll fatass Blunts. But I dont wanna hear em on the mic. Thats jus me and mine Hommie. Im as far away From rascism as you can get. Licked every Flavor Ice Cream. and kick it with Every cookie in the Jar. Loves to everybody.

And as far as the riots, I was Right there on the eleven Tray. Right in the fuccen Heart of it. Where was you nigga?

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by never die inside » March 6th, 2005, 6:11 pm

BlaKK wrote:
StreetKarma wrote:
BlaKK wrote:bahahhaha CHOW~MAIN RAP. gaaaahahahahh Get the fucc outa here with the Bullshyt.
damm. u put up a picture of bob marley n say racist shiet like that? what you know about the '92 LA Riots dawg?

I got asain Hommies, They roll fatass Blunts. But I dont wanna hear em on the mic. Thats jus me and mine Hommie. Im as far away From rascism as you can get. Licked every Flavor Ice Cream. and kick it with Every cookie in the Jar. Loves to everybody.

And as far as the riots, I was Right there on the eleven Tray. Right in the fuccen Heart of it. Where was you nigga?
in norwalk

just don't say racist shiet like that. juss cus u jamaican don't give u a right to be racist.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by BlaKK » March 6th, 2005, 6:31 pm

nobody has a right to be rascist.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5533
Joined: December 7th, 2003, 2:17 pm
Location: s/s riverside
Contact:

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by BlaKK » March 6th, 2005, 6:34 pm

But indeed everyone has a fundamental Entitlement to thier own opinions.
So i Stated mine. Dont Like, Dont read. but No ill feelings. No Negative Vibes.
I aint Got nothen but love to ya.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 562
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by kiCKer » March 6th, 2005, 7:07 pm

olo wrote:blkjoker and KiCKer are Chinese. Oh, by the way those guys DO freestyle, and would whip Jin's azz lyrically. You guys get off the Jin's peanuts. The kid sucks.
yea...i'm chinese...right.............and tupac is alive...okay.....

you think Nas can win a freestyle battle with Jin? or Cube and Canibus??? have you heard Canibus freestyle? strictly OFF THE TOP OF THE DOME??? if you have...show me...cuz i haven't...Nas, Cube and Canibus have some of the sickest written shiet i have ever heard...but do you REALLY think they can freestyle battle with Jin and win?

you're close-minded man...nobody ever said Jin was the shiet...in fact...i don't believe he should've been the one to represent Asians in the Hip Hop community...there are better representatives. but...i can't deny the truth...and truth is he is a GOOD battle emcee...that's about all he has to himself and his first album shows it...

so tell me...how the fuk are we on his nuts when we just spittin' facts? grow up lil' boy...

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 399
Joined: June 30th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: other

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by olo » March 6th, 2005, 7:39 pm

kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:blkjoker and KiCKer are Chinese. Oh, by the way those guys DO freestyle, and would whip Jin's azz lyrically. You guys get off the Jin's peanuts. The kid sucks.
yea...i'm chinese...right.............and tupac is alive...okay.....

you think Nas can win a freestyle battle with Jin? or Cube and Canibus??? have you heard Canibus freestyle? strictly OFF THE TOP OF THE DOME??? if you have...show me...because i haven't...Nas, Cube and Canibus have some of the sickest written shiet i have ever heard...but do you REALLY think they can freestyle battle with Jin and win?

you're close-minded man...nobody ever said Jin was the shiet...in fact...i don't believe he should've been the one to represent Asians in the Hip Hop community...there are better representatives. but...i can't deny the truth...and truth is he is a GOOD battle emcee...that's about all he has to himself and his first album shows it...

so tell me...how the #%@& are we on his nuts when we just spittin' facts? grow up lil' boy...
You ain't spittin no facts. Jin is a below average written/freestyle/memorized_in_his_head/off that dome, whatever the heck you want to call it, rapper. Case closed. He is a poor excuse for a battler. To say that Jin is a great freestyler or battler, shows total lack of knowledge and experience of what a battle emcee is. 106 & Park and Smack DVD contests don't count and are poor examples of a Hip-Hop battle.

myDick in your mouth
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 382
Joined: March 26th, 2004, 1:58 am

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by myDick in your mouth » March 6th, 2005, 9:37 pm

purplecityhello wrote:lets all be honest here...... no body wants to hear a chinese rapper, whats he gonna talk about? i cant relate to him, yeah he can spit but i dont like them punchlines always pickin fun at his culture or that song he came out with wyclef. haha
Honestly, hip hop aint really ready for an asian rapper to become big. I mean if an Asian dude comes out with his own style and mad attitude and just rips it and raps on things aint noone rapped on yet, hell succeed. but a lil chinese cat like jin goofy lookin wigger muhf*kker pickin fun at his own culture, aint noone wanna hear that BS. Learn Chinese?? that sh*t was wack. The dude does have good battling skills tho u cant deny him that. My point is, if you aint black or hispanic, sh*t ESPECIALLY if you asian, you better come out strong as f*ck to get respect in the rap world. and Jin just didnt have what it takes

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 562
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by kiCKer » March 6th, 2005, 10:19 pm

olo wrote:
kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:blkjoker and KiCKer are Chinese. Oh, by the way those guys DO freestyle, and would whip Jin's azz lyrically. You guys get off the Jin's peanuts. The kid sucks.
yea...i'm chinese...right.............and tupac is alive...okay.....

you think Nas can win a freestyle battle with Jin? or Cube and Canibus??? have you heard Canibus freestyle? strictly OFF THE TOP OF THE DOME??? if you have...show me...because i haven't...Nas, Cube and Canibus have some of the sickest written shiet i have ever heard...but do you REALLY think they can freestyle battle with Jin and win?

you're close-minded man...nobody ever said Jin was the shiet...in fact...i don't believe he should've been the one to represent Asians in the Hip Hop community...there are better representatives. but...i can't deny the truth...and truth is he is a GOOD battle emcee...that's about all he has to himself and his first album shows it...

so tell me...how the #%@& are we on his nuts when we just spittin' facts? grow up lil' boy...
You ain't spittin no facts. Jin is a below average written/freestyle/memorized_in_his_head/off that dome, whatever the heck you want to call it, rapper. Case closed. He is a poor excuse for a battler. To say that Jin is a great freestyler or battler, shows total lack of knowledge and experience of what a battle emcee is. 106 & Park and Smack DVD contests don't count and are poor examples of a Hip-Hop battle.
why do you ignore all the questions you can't answer? quit spittin' false info to pump up your opinions...i could care less if you think Jin is wack...but to deny talent where it's due...just that's bein' a stubborn lil' boy...

Jin is a below-average rapper...everyone agreed with you...but to say he sucks at battling. name someone who can beat him in a BATTLE? have you heard Nas, Snoop, Kurupt, Canibus ever battle? Snoop and Kurupt are DOPE freestylers...two of my favorites...but can they win a battle? i highly doubt it.

i show lack of knowledge on a battle emcee? then you educate me...come on...you said he sucks...explain why besides to points of...he sucks...106th and Smack is nothin'...Nas is better...blah blah blah...back up your statements...

User avatar
fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 892
Joined: May 17th, 2004, 7:28 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » March 6th, 2005, 10:20 pm

hes a good freestyler but personally i dont like any of his albums

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 562
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by kiCKer » March 6th, 2005, 10:22 pm

makaveli389 wrote:
purplecityhello wrote:lets all be honest here...... no body wants to hear a chinese rapper, whats he gonna talk about? i cant relate to him, yeah he can spit but i dont like them punchlines always pickin fun at his culture or that song he came out with wyclef. haha
Honestly, hip hop aint really ready for an asian rapper to become big. I mean if an Asian dude comes out with his own style and mad attitude and just rips it and raps on things aint noone rapped on yet, hell succeed. but a lil chinese cat like jin goofy lookin wigger muhf*kker pickin fun at his own culture, aint noone wanna hear that BS. Learn Chinese?? that sh*t was wack. The dude does have good battling skills tho u cant deny him that. My point is, if you aint black or hispanic, sh*t ESPECIALLY if you asian, you better come out strong as f*ck to get respect in the rap world. and Jin just didnt have what it takes
i agree...asians are barely startin' to be a regular face in media the past few years. remember when it was rare to see a hispanic on prime time tv? nowadays, you wouldn't even think twice about it...same with blacks...asians are just startin' to be regulars. they got them in shows, music videos, commercials, advertisements, etc. it's not that Jin came out at a wrong time...he just didn't have what it took to break through that glass-ceiling...

i think others have more potential...peep these people out...

http://www.snackychan.com
http://www.flowsik.com
http://www.organicthoughts.com

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 399
Joined: June 30th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: other

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by olo » March 7th, 2005, 7:26 am

If Jin had talent, I would give him credit. But he sucks. He just a wack rapper using the fact he is Chinese as a gimmick. Take Emimem. Em earned his stripes through battling and mixtapes, etc. Yeah,he white, but he is talented and can rap his azz off, whether writing songs or battling. Thats the difference between Em and Jin. Em has talent, and Jin doesn't, battling and song wise. Yes, I have heard Snoop and Kurupt freestyle. I have seen Kurupt freestyle for 10 minutes before,same with Snoop. Kurupt got put onto Death Row because he battled Snoop, and gave Snoop a run for his money. Kurupt was just a battle emcee from Philly and Dr. Dre and Snoop and them told him you can't just battle all the time, you got to make songs. If you notice, how Kurupt raps now, is different of how rapped when he first was on Death Row. But then again, most of your hip-hop knowledge dates back 2000. If you don't think Cube can battle, listen to No Vaseline or King of the Hill. If you don't think Nas can battle listen to Ether. KRS,Kane and LL, please. LL destroyed Canibus' career when he was in his 30's. KRS and Kane two of the best emcees ever. Jin is a fraud, and its a disgrace to Hip-Hop to hear somebody say he is tight or talented. There is a certain standard when it comes to being an emcee. Jin is way below that. Beating guys who are waiters at Denny's or stick-up kids on 106 and Park and Smack DVD is well below Hip-Hop standards.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 562
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by kiCKer » March 7th, 2005, 1:29 pm

olo wrote:If Jin had talent, I would give him credit. But he sucks. He just a wack rapper using the fact he is Chinese as a gimmick. Take Emimem. Em earned his stripes through battling and mixtapes, etc. Yeah,he white, but he is talented and can rap his azz off, whether writing songs or battling. Thats the difference between Em and Jin. Em has talent, and Jin doesn't, battling and song wise. Yes, I have heard Snoop and Kurupt freestyle. I have seen Kurupt freestyle for 10 minutes before,same with Snoop. Kurupt got put onto Death Row because he battled Snoop, and gave Snoop a run for his money. Kurupt was just a battle emcee from Philly and Dr. Dre and Snoop and them told him you can't just battle all the time, you got to make songs. If you notice, how Kurupt raps now, is different of how rapped when he first was on Death Row. But then again, most of your hip-hop knowledge dates back 2000. If you don't think Cube can battle, listen to No Vaseline or King of the Hill. If you don't think Nas can battle listen to Ether. KRS,Kane and LL, please. LL destroyed Canibus' career when he was in his 30's. KRS and Kane two of the best emcees ever. Jin is a fraud, and its a disgrace to Hip-Hop to hear somebody say he is tight or talented. There is a certain standard when it comes to being an emcee. Jin is way below that. Beating guys who are waiters at Denny's or stick-up kids on 106 and Park and Smack DVD is well below Hip-Hop standards.
are you dumb? those are battle tracks...there's a difference between writing a battle record and battlin' live...how come you can't get that through your thick head? when have you ever seen Cube, Nas, or Canibus in a freestyle battle?

yea...i heard of Kurupt and Snoop battlin'...Snoop freestyled all the time...but even Kurupt said, Snoop wasn't a batter...he was more into gettin' the crowd pumped and hyped...while Kurupt spit more fire...but name his best punchlines...or even Kurupt's?

for the 100th time...we never said Jin was a great emcee...in fact, all the people you mentioned are better than him overall...but in a battle...they wouldn't beat him...THAT'S ALL...is that so hard to understand? that there's a difference between writing a diss track and actually battlin'?

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 399
Joined: June 30th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: other

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by olo » March 7th, 2005, 1:47 pm

kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:If Jin had talent, I would give him credit. But he sucks. He just a wack rapper using the fact he is Chinese as a gimmick. Take Emimem. Em earned his stripes through battling and mixtapes, etc. Yeah,he white, but he is talented and can rap his azz off, whether writing songs or battling. Thats the difference between Em and Jin. Em has talent, and Jin doesn't, battling and song wise. Yes, I have heard Snoop and Kurupt freestyle. I have seen Kurupt freestyle for 10 minutes before,same with Snoop. Kurupt got put onto Death Row because he battled Snoop, and gave Snoop a run for his money. Kurupt was just a battle emcee from Philly and Dr. Dre and Snoop and them told him you can't just battle all the time, you got to make songs. If you notice, how Kurupt raps now, is different of how rapped when he first was on Death Row. But then again, most of your hip-hop knowledge dates back 2000. If you don't think Cube can battle, listen to No Vaseline or King of the Hill. If you don't think Nas can battle listen to Ether. KRS,Kane and LL, please. LL destroyed Canibus' career when he was in his 30's. KRS and Kane two of the best emcees ever. Jin is a fraud, and its a disgrace to Hip-Hop to hear somebody say he is tight or talented. There is a certain standard when it comes to being an emcee. Jin is way below that. Beating guys who are waiters at Denny's or stick-up kids on 106 and Park and Smack DVD is well below Hip-Hop standards.
are you dumb? those are battle tracks...there's a difference between writing a battle record and battlin' live...how come you can't get that through your thick head? when have you ever seen Cube, Nas, or Canibus in a freestyle battle?

yea...i heard of Kurupt and Snoop battlin'...Snoop freestyled all the time...but even Kurupt said, Snoop wasn't a batter...he was more into gettin' the crowd pumped and hyped...while Kurupt spit more fire...but name his best punchlines...or even Kurupt's?

for the 100th time...we never said Jin was a great emcee...in fact, all the people you mentioned are better than him overall...but in a battle...they wouldn't beat him...THAT'S ALL...is that so hard to understand? that there's a difference between writing a diss track and actually battlin'?

Jin does not freestyle. He writes his battle raps. And they are still wack. Like I said, I have seen everyperson I've mentioned freestyle and battle. They would whup Jin's azz. And since you think Jin is so tight, hit up this website that shows how "free" Jin is.

http://www.2sgforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 608da3fd60

User avatar
wizdom
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 509
Joined: December 8th, 2004, 5:55 pm
Location: Norwalk, California

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by wizdom » March 7th, 2005, 3:13 pm

i read it. lol. damn. im still stickin by my guns anyways. i dont think he a good song writer, but a nasty battle MC

TEKKEN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 43
Joined: December 9th, 2004, 8:29 pm
Location: NYC

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by TEKKEN » March 7th, 2005, 3:56 pm

How does Jin not freestyle??? You obviously haven't heard or watched the Smack DVD or 106 and Park or the battle in PR. Cuz if you really heard them then you would KNOW he came off the top with those rhymes. Maybe not all of his rhymes on 106 and Park. But some of the really clever punchlines were in direct response to his opponent at the time. His battle on the Smack DVD was all off the top. No way he could have prewritten those rhymes cuz he was directly responding to what his opponent was saying and what he looked like.

Those tracks you listed by Cube, Nas, etc. are prewritten battle tracks. Theres a HUGE difference. Next thing you know, you're gonna tell me that 2Pac freestyled Hit 'Em Up.

You're obviously biased cuz the evidence you're presenting to back up your arguments are weak as hell.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 536
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 11:42 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by blkjoker » March 7th, 2005, 6:44 pm

KiCCker and TEKKEN lol this cat olo dont get what we are saying and he does not have no idea what he is talking about. Olo listen up for the last time in "LAMEN TERMS" . What we are saying to you about Jin is, he may not be a good rapper meaning, (his writing skills that he does for his albums). Now he may suck at making a album and trying to make a living as a rapper. Some of us on this board agree with you when you say "he is a below/average rapper".

But with that said, he is a good freestyle/battle rapper, which means (can rap off the top of his head, not spitting written stuff he did before) now some of us never said he was the best freestyler ever, just good and better then most in the game now plus most of the rappers you named. Of course most feestylers have catch frazes or a few lines they have written before that they remember. But if you look at Jin on 106 you will notice he flipped what most of the others said about him and spit it against them. He even diss what they had on at that point in time, there is no way he could of written that.

Now far as Cube, Nas, Snoop and some of the others you mention dont really freestlye or battle. They WRITE diss tracks like nas "Ether" was a diss track he wrote back to Jay-z, and yes it was tight. But it was not a freestyle/battle off the top. We are talking about face to face one mic spitting off the top at that moment. Thats what Jin and some others are good at. Just like you said Snoop worte half of his first album, which is a classic album and I like as well. But he did not spit no hot lyrical lines, listen to Kanye West he has a nice album and some nice songs, but he really is not a lyricist. You dont have to be lyricist to make good albums. But you have to be a good lyricist to freestyle/battle. And no matter how much Jin sucks as a rapper, he is good in battling.

Just like 2pac is the opposite of Jin, 2pac is not a Lyricist but he can write, move a crowd, and make good albums un like Jin so far. But 2pac cant freestlye/battle as good as Jin. Put 2pac and Jin face to face with one mic spitting off the top, who is going to win? I'm willing to bet KiCCer and I could tell you. Just because somebody can freestyle/battle dont make them a better rapper then the rest. There are only a few who can do it and plus make nice albums. Out of the ones you named, Kurupt, krs-1, Jz, BD Kane, can do both. Now Snoop is different then most cats when it comes to battling. He is not a good lyricist but, he can make his flow sound better then what it is. In other words he can use simple words make it sound tight.

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 536
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 11:42 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by blkjoker » March 7th, 2005, 7:13 pm

olo wrote:
kiCKer wrote:
olo wrote:If Jin had talent, I would give him credit. But he sucks. He just a wack rapper using the fact he is Chinese as a gimmick. Take Emimem. Em earned his stripes through battling and mixtapes, etc. Yeah,he white, but he is talented and can rap his azz off, whether writing songs or battling. Thats the difference between Em and Jin. Em has talent, and Jin doesn't, battling and song wise. Yes, I have heard Snoop and Kurupt freestyle. I have seen Kurupt freestyle for 10 minutes before,same with Snoop. Kurupt got put onto Death Row because he battled Snoop, and gave Snoop a run for his money. Kurupt was just a battle emcee from Philly and Dr. Dre and Snoop and them told him you can't just battle all the time, you got to make songs. If you notice, how Kurupt raps now, is different of how rapped when he first was on Death Row. But then again, most of your hip-hop knowledge dates back 2000. If you don't think Cube can battle, listen to No Vaseline or King of the Hill. If you don't think Nas can battle listen to Ether. KRS,Kane and LL, please. LL destroyed Canibus' career when he was in his 30's. KRS and Kane two of the best emcees ever. Jin is a fraud, and its a disgrace to Hip-Hop to hear somebody say he is tight or talented. There is a certain standard when it comes to being an emcee. Jin is way below that. Beating guys who are waiters at Denny's or stick-up kids on 106 and Park and Smack DVD is well below Hip-Hop standards.
are you dumb? those are battle tracks...there's a difference between writing a battle record and battlin' live...how come you can't get that through your thick head? when have you ever seen Cube, Nas, or Canibus in a freestyle battle?

yea...i heard of Kurupt and Snoop battlin'...Snoop freestyled all the time...but even Kurupt said, Snoop wasn't a batter...he was more into gettin' the crowd pumped and hyped...while Kurupt spit more fire...but name his best punchlines...or even Kurupt's?

for the 100th time...we never said Jin was a great emcee...in fact, all the people you mentioned are better than him overall...but in a battle...they wouldn't beat him...THAT'S ALL...is that so hard to understand? that there's a difference between writing a diss track and actually battlin'?

Jin does not freestyle. He writes his battle raps. And they are still wack. Like I said, I have seen everyperson I've mentioned freestyle and battle. They would whup Jin's azz. And since you think Jin is so tight, hit up this website that shows how "free" Jin is.

http://www.2sgforum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 608da3fd60

Olo was Jin battling somebody when he could not move the crowd? No. Did he write or freestyle his album he probally wrote it and people did not like it. So what if he did not freestlye on his album, that still does not prove he is not good in BATTLING. Some write there raps for there albums, some freestyle raps for there albums some do both. Just because Jin does not write good songs does not mean he dont have battle skills, yes Em can do both, I repeat not all can and the ones who cant freestyle/battle good, that does not mean they cant make good albums. DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW?

never die inside
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 574
Joined: February 21st, 2004, 5:54 am
Location: mid wilshire

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by never die inside » March 7th, 2005, 8:55 pm

Jackie Robinson was the first professional black baseball player. but there were others who tried before him, and failed.

bruce lee had to go thru a lot of shiet with his producers before he finally got to make exactly wut he wanted. n that shiet got so successful that asians all got the stereotype of kickin ass.

jin's gotta be good enough not only to break thru the white ceiling, but the black ceiling as well. if jin publically challenged eminem to some freestyle battles, dammm ppo would watch that shiet.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 562
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by kiCKer » March 8th, 2005, 2:15 am

where have you seen snoop, kurupt, ice cube, nas, and jay z battle? WHERE??? name a place and time...name some lyrics they spit...

my big homie grew up with snoop...he said snoop can freestyle, but ain't a battle emcee like a krs or a supernatural...

even KRS-ONE said he has pre-written lyrics in his head for a battle...so quit with all that bs on how Jin's "freestyles are pre-written"...everybody got some punchlines up in they head...but listen to Jin's battles. if you can't differentiate what was a written punchline and what was off the top...then you shouldn't speak on battle raps period...

good job postin' a link on how Jin's album wasn't good...and didn't move the crowd...we already know that...

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 399
Joined: June 30th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: other

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by olo » March 8th, 2005, 7:29 am

Damn! I never seen so many people on a wack azz rappers d*ck. To say Kanye West has some nice raps, explains why people think Jin is the almighty freestyle king. You guys worship this clown like he is your Chinese Emperor. Again, Jin does not freestyle. He pre-writes his stuff. ONly dumb people thinks he freestyles. You guys probably think Nelly is the best emcee out there, and that Freeway and Cassidy are good emcees, along with that wack clown Jae Mills . And you proabably think Cam'ron's mickey mouse rhymes are "good lyrics". To say Tupac was not a good lyricist is beyond comprehension and really shows TOTAL lack of knowledge of what an emcee and good lyrics are. But then again you guys are the "106 and Park" and "Smack DVD" crowd, so you wouldn't know what good lyrics, battles, and freestyles are.

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 399
Joined: June 30th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: other

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by olo » March 8th, 2005, 7:34 am

StreetKarma wrote:Jackie Robinson was the first professional black baseball player. but there were others who tried before him, and failed.

bruce lee had to go thru a lot of shiet with his producers before he finally got to make exactly wut he wanted. n that shiet got so successful that asians all got the stereotype of kickin ass.

jin's gotta be good enough not only to break thru the white ceiling, but the black ceiling as well. if jin publically challenged eminem to some freestyle battles, dammm ppo would watch that shiet.
Jin has to be good PERIOD. He AIN'T GOOD. He STINKS. If Jin publically battled eminem in a freestyle, he would end up with his head between his legs because he is no longer battling a guy who bus tables at Red Lobster, or a guy who steals hubcaps, or a guy who impersonates Jay-Z. He would be battling a real emcee who would crush him. Please do not compare him with Jackie Robinson. That is the biggest insult. If you actually knew history, Jackie Robinson was not the best black baseball player at that time when he first entered the league.

kiCKer
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 562
Joined: February 3rd, 2004, 5:52 pm

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by kiCKer » March 8th, 2005, 2:04 pm

why are you ignoring my questions? you claim to have seen all of them spit off the top...so where was it at? and when?

i don't think YOU know what good lyrics and even what a freestyle battle is. so you say Jin's stuff was ALL pre-written? yea, that's why he mentions Tweet and Missy, who just happened to be the judges for one of the episodes in his freestyle...that's why he mentioned how that one dude's jamaican accent was faker than ms. cleo...or how he dissed on some dude from brooklyn...or flipped it on verse, when he kept callin' him an immigrant...okay...

don't you ever wonder why you're in the minority here? because we think Jin can freestyle...you're best comeback is, "you guys must like nelly and chingy and all them other wack rappers..."

boy please...your arguments are WEAK

we already stated that eminem would give him a run for his money...but you totally ignore the fact that half the people you mention CAN'T spit off of the top of the dome...yet you insist you saw or heard them...and you insist that Jin can't either...where's your proof?

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 536
Joined: February 26th, 2004, 11:42 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by blkjoker » March 8th, 2005, 2:43 pm

Olo you have MC's in the game and rappers, MC's are good on word play, they are good lyricist. Pac was no MC, he was a rapper. A poet on the mic, and was the only one who could pull that off. Pac had charisma more then anybody in the game, thats why people believe everything he said, people was ready to ride for him, look at most these people who think Pac was gangsta. Real people knew what he really was. Yes 2pac was the best rapper with good music that people felt. Pac talked about real things that people could relate to. Listen to his music son, its simple and to the point. I want you to name a tight line that pac did that was clever, different and good that made you said sheit that was off the hook. The sound of his voice and his charisma did the trick for him son. Alot of people even in the industry would say "pac made not be the best lyricist but he knew how to move you". Pac was not good on word play, do your home work boy. Kanye West makes good music and rap needs somebody like him, to bring it different, he not that good on lyrics as well but its tight music. You don't understand that the differences between a Rapper and MC. Now you keep saying the same thing about Jin because you don't like him "Jin does not freestyle he pre-written his stuff" Where is your proof?We talking about when he is in a BATTLE not making tracks and songs. Explain this then since he pre-writes his stuff. Jin battle this one dude who clown him about being Chinese, Jin flipped it and said" You want to say I'm chinese heres a reminder check your tims they probally say made in china". Dude had some jewlery on and Jin diss him and said it was sliver. He got at another dude and one of the guest judges was from the New England football team who won the super bowl against the rams, that year. Dude Jin battle was from BK. Jin spits, "If the rap game is wack then everybody is blaming you, you from Brooklin then Biggie must be ashamed of you". Another "Im a player in the game you was cheering in the stands matter fact during the super bowl he was cheering for the Rams". How can Jin pre-write about where this dude was from, and how can he rap about the super bowl if he had no idea that judge would be there? How would he know dude was from bk before they battled? You see how we make points and proof? Another one was when Missy, Timberland and Tweet was guest judges, Jin spits, "You aint a hustler, stop lying your man was coppin the work, you was like Tweet at a club droppin your skirt". All you do is keep saying dude dont freestyle, stop hating. And you cant tell the difference from a DISS TRACK and a FREESTYLE/BATTLE. Yo everbody olo said Nas "ETHER" was a freestyle/battle LOL! Yeah right ok you proved us wrong. LOL!

olo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 399
Joined: June 30th, 2004, 6:02 am
Location: other

Re: Jin's New album?????

Unread post by olo » March 8th, 2005, 3:13 pm

To say 2Pac was not good with wordplay and not an emcee and in the same breath Kanye West is needed for the rap game, just killed your whole argument. I will no longer argue with you because you have no sense of what an emcee, battling, and lyricism is. Jin is wack, case closed! Kanye is a poor excuse for a rapper and stole his production style from RZA of Wu-tang clan. A beatmaking fraud who sucks at lyrics is is not needed for the rap-game. End of discussion.

Post Reply

Return to “Music and News”