ICE-T : THE ORIGINAL GANGSTER

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
Cereal_K
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

ICE-T : THE ORIGINAL GANGSTER

Unread post by Cereal_K » August 28th, 2003, 7:26 am

This is 4 the real OG, i think hes the one that has best described the gangster life, in his albums like Rhyme Pays (1987) with songs like " Squeeze the trigger". He was raised in South of Central L. A., and its said he banged 4 Hoover Crips, anybody knows if this was his gang ?

Keep it Real, Doggs !! Str8 up Ol Skool Gangsta Shit, that has mo flava than nu skool !

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Re: ICE-T : THE ORIGINAL GANGSTER

Unread post by bgcasper » August 28th, 2003, 8:45 am

lol ice t never was from hoover his sister was on hoovers nutts she was datin' some hoovaz but ice t never banged or claimed a hood we was a rapper ...when you ask him why you called yoself OG when you never banged ,his answer was well if you call this music gangsta rap well i'm the original ... wich means he is the original studio pranksta the first of a long list of fake ass raper gloryfing a lifestyle they don't know shittth about and gay dre is one of his homeboy with ice cube and wc tupac wac 10 king t xibitch alcoholics the list is long

whitekid
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by whitekid » August 29th, 2003, 12:39 pm

pico
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by pico » August 29th, 2003, 8:27 pm

:roll: For real, CASPER? Is there no rapper who really was from a set and banged hard. I understand that Tray Dee did bang hard. Of course, you're from Compton so you probably know better than me.

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » August 30th, 2003, 4:29 am

white kid just posted a pic of two real niggaz down for their hood nutty blocc 165 st compton crips bg knocc out and gangsta dre ...most bangin on wax niggaz was from a set , most boo ya tribes banged hard in their days ... tweedy bird loc and all the underworld connection were true crip niggaz ,brownzville were tru ru niggaz from carson ,caz popa lq and cj mac are real 60's , gangstaz and thugs who use to sing with coolio are true palmer blockstaz and one of them is a tana ...the d from second 2 none is a true ru from elm , lil ke ke loco r.i.p from harlem tray0 was tru and most true blue niggaz were tru , lil chill boom bam are tru tragnew parkstaz ,most of lench mob were true dazzy dee from the hundreds shorty from marvin gc , south central posse mc looney is a true blue nigga from 60's south central cartel have true main streetaz and true hoovaz but some of them don't bang, lv the singer started to sing after he got shot 9 time by enemies and was stuck in a wheel chair ,mausberg was a real nella , goldie loc a 20 , tray dee insane , the twinz from polly apartment are real rips , gospel gangsta 2 of them are real 83 gangstaz and one of them is a blood ,sinister is from 89 family and his brother is nothing but the gangstar big evil a name that still ring nowadays and a gang of others .... BUT NO GAY DRE XIBITCH FEMINEM WC WAC 10 ALL THOSE BITCHES ARE JUST DISGUISED TO SELL

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » September 19th, 2003, 4:46 am

So youre sayin ICE_T never banged ?well look at this:
Life wasn't always gravy for Tracy Morrow. Born in Newark, NJ, an auto accident took his parents when he was just a wee player. He was shipped out to live with his aunt in LA. She died soon after. He attended Crenshaw High, became a Crip and was sucked into robbing
and hustling to make ends. He got his girlfriend pregnant in high school, left the gang life and joined the army. With little more than a 12-inch and a street rep, Ice began doing live shows on the wessside. He got a break when the producers of the b-boy film Breakin' saw his act and hooked him up with an acting role and a soundtrack spot. His career went from the streetlight to the spotlight. ( http://www.poundmag.com/magazine/featur ... tcont.html)

He was at WSU last Friday, 10 years after he released one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite bands, Body Count. Through that band and his hip-hop albums, Ice-T has repeatedly put the first amendment to the test and, as expected, he related the one thing relevant in the post-9/11 world we live in - his own.

While many in the audience, including myself, were left somewhat baffled at what point he was trying to arrive at during his divergent lecture, I didn't care. It was entertaining and that's what Ice-T does for a living - he's an entertainer. He's also a capitalist to the core, merely translating the lessons he learned on the street as a pimp and a Crip into the more illicit, parasitical and dangerous entertainment industry.
(http://www.southend.wayne.edu/days/2002 ... alone.html)
Gangsta Dresta & B. G Knocc Out ~ Nutty Block Crips
DJ Quik ~ Tree Top Piru
Ice-T ~ Hoover Crip
(http://www.nakamaru1.com/RAPPER%20GANG.htm)

Maybe u got it twisted, i aint the only one who say it.

KEEP IT REAL, DAWGZ !!!

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 19th, 2003, 10:27 am

lol well you are not the only one who don't know shyt about crips you are not the only one that though pac was a rider and the only one that though nurse dre was a compton crips well i told you once i told you twince stop read and learn you and i have nothing in comun ... you learn from your computer i grew up in it ok ?....lol i like the ok? at the end

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 19th, 2003, 10:28 am

and i don't think ice t claimed hoover in the midle of creenshaw hi sch60l ell you don't hear me though

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » September 21st, 2003, 12:42 am

i know for sure Ice-T went to Crenshaw HS and got into jewelry store robberies, he got his own apartment when he was like 17 and he was out there doin shit with crips but i never heard he was claimin any sets or anything...i agree with u on dre and them bitchez but i wouldnt hate on them just because they found another way to make $.....and by the way Ice-T never went to jail but he joined the army at some point because he was broke, word is when he came back from the army he started doin this rap shit, many peeps say he was bangin before that tho...peace

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by bgcasper » September 21st, 2003, 8:24 am

i know from a good source that ice t never claimed hoover but his big sista use to bang and was a hoover cripalette ...so he grew up with big hoovas all around him but he never really banged ...

intramix

Unread post by intramix » October 2nd, 2003, 2:32 pm

Damn, lets just clear this up.....

Just becuase u grew up in the hood don't mean u ridin' - just because
Ice threw dice, drank and robbed with them hoovers mayne, don't
mean he was down.

Ice got a degree from UCLA, don't mean he lived in the dorms - just
means he gave a couple free concerts and spoke on shit that he grew up around.

Damnnn mayne, saying Gay Dre and the rest of those females was riders,
is like saying some faggit ass up in LA County Jail is hard, because he did 6 months in County.

Just because my grandma has lived in HG =hawiaan gardens= for 50 years don't mean the founder of ~ La Eme ~ is my great Uncle

Luis "Huero" Flores
(Founder)~ La Eme~ (1955-1957)

-A forgotten figure within the annals of crime, Luis "Huero" Flores is credited with coming up with the ideal of forming the Mexican Mafia gang while serving time at Duel Vocational Institute at Tracey, California in 1957. Flores hailed from an East Los Angeles street gang in Hawaiian Gardens of the same name. The orignal Mexican Mafia is said to have consisted of 13 Los Angeles area gang members serving time for various offenses. It is not known what became of Flores following the completion of his youth sentence in 1957.

anyways - doubt seriously mayne - Ice or Dre have ever seen someone take a slug from a .44 over a $70 dice game. Fools read the shiit in the paper or see it in the news like u do Cereal, then rap about it or speak on it - like they had $20 on it.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » October 3rd, 2003, 7:45 pm

I did read that in a book about Ice associating with the Hoovers. But isn't it possible that some cats do dirt but don't necessarily belong to a hood?

Bulls Fan
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Bulls Fan » October 7th, 2003, 6:41 pm

yeah look at snoop dogg...in my book they are called "groupies."

Straw Weight

Unread post by Karma » April 5th, 2004, 12:44 pm

see..im readin this shyt...and i got one question..

are you talking about ICE CUBE or ICE T?? cause it seem like yall gettin them confused....

blkjoker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by blkjoker » April 5th, 2004, 5:00 pm

Ice T was a pimp he pledge and became a real pimp thats about it.

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » April 14th, 2004, 9:14 pm

he sang the song for colors

Mraka
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Mraka » January 6th, 2005, 8:14 am

should hear a poet rap,not a singer
it is writen to be read like a good book
not like a song
what would I know of Streetgangs if there was not him rapping about it.
If a banger raps he wants to sell me of course else things ,than it is propaganda or commercial

I would call them novelist ,but to argue if someone has done or has to do what he raps about.;of course I if you want to dismantle a atomic bomb like U2 now has to ,ok.

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » January 6th, 2005, 12:00 pm

I dont care wether he banged or not, the Original Gangsta cd was dope(Yo how did he go out?.....HE WENT OUT LIKE A BITCH!!) Classic!!

Even the Iceberg and Power were tight albums for thier time.

punamusta
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: see above

Unread post by punamusta » January 6th, 2005, 12:10 pm

mission wrote:I dont care wether he banged or not, the Original Gangsta cd was dope(Yo how did he go out?.....HE WENT OUT LIKE A BITCH!!) Classic!!
True, true. Original Gangster was a straight classic! Although I think that Home Invasion was even better.

After reading Ice-T's self-written biography book, I really doubt that he ever was a gangster. In that book he never ever said that he was a part of the Hoovers. He talked about the shit he had done, and about the people who he had hung whit, but that's all.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » January 6th, 2005, 12:48 pm

I read Ice's opinion I really liked the fella, but all entertainers can't be full fledged or they wouldn't be as good as they are and rapping, acting, etc. Boy has a lot of game for being a groupie I suppose and most of you got you little info from VH1 specials and internet site. I would have to belive bg casper because he's from LA and knows what's going on in the streets. He even admits in his books on how he was a "associate" meaning his rank in the HOOD. He said he was acrip but would not disclose actually from where. He confuses you becaus ehe talk about hanging w/ the rolling 40's and the dude in the specails his old DJ wa sactually from DJ EVIL? he wa sfrom HOOVERS from a dude I wa sin YA said it was his cousin supposedly. And in COlors video he throws up a the HOOVER sign? Nevertheless he's a smart dude and empowers his people if you pay close attention but if you thought he was hardcore you bette rthink again becaus ehe admits that he never was and he claime dto never do a 187 and he was pimp and jewelry robber and said he never strong armed a person becuase that wasn't his style. If you read Ice's opinion you two bit brain people might learn something.

Return to “Music and News”