Westside Connection To Drop Threats In December 2003

Discuss anything music from hip-hop to R&B to alternative music. Also included here are news worthy articles as it relates to music, musicians and the industry.
ya_know

Westside Connection To Drop Threats In December 2003

Unread post by ya_know » September 15th, 2003, 1:22 pm

this are some good news from mtv.com:

They said that gangstas make the world go 'round, and now the original gangstas from the Left Coast have set a date to make the earth spin again.

Terrorist Threats, the new album from Westside Connection, the Los Angeles all-star trio of Ice Cube, WC and Mack 10, will drop on December 9.

All those rappers looking for their next check from a new R&B collabo, beware. On the song "Rappers in Love," the three MCs heckle those peers they think have undermined their own masculinity with said collaborations (see "Westside Connection Take Aim At Lovesick R&B Rappers"). Clearly, Mack 10 has forgotten his thug-love duet with wife T-Boz, "Tight to Def."

The first Westside Connection LP, Bow Down, was released seven years ago. In the time since, the idea of reconnecting for another record was alive but continually sidetracked while WC and Mack 10 released solo albums, and while Ice Cube worked in both the music and movie worlds.

The first single from Terrorist Threats is the song "Gangsta Nations." It features resident g-funk crooner Nate Dogg and was produced by frequent Snoop producer Fred Wreck. A video for the song is expected to be shot soon.

Other producers on the album include Sir Jinx, Megahertz and "21 Questions" producers Midi Mafia.

Previously, Westside Connection shot a video for the song "Lights Out," which is also included on this record. That track doubled as the lead single for Mack 10's recent compilation, Ghetto, Gutter and Gangsta.

Track list for Terrorist Threats, according to Priority Records:

"Intro"
"911"
"Potential Victims"
"Gangsta Nations" (featuring Nate Dogg)
"Get Ignit"
"Pimp the System"
"Don't Get Out of Pocket"
"Izm"
"Rappers in Love"
"Lights Out"
"Bangin' @ the Party"
"Got to the Heart"
"Terrorist Threats"
"Super Star"

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Westside Connection To Drop Threats In December 2003

Unread post by Cereal_II » September 17th, 2003, 6:26 am

Like G Dresta said : i gotta hate ya (WC) .... Sayin u did dirt, but tell me whos a witness to ya damn work cuz ya never had no business so see the drama jerk, Westside Connection is the biggest wackest crappest bull-shot ever made in hip hop, i bought them bow down cd some years ago, AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!! Ice cube big fake he is gangsta actor, because in bow down they talkin they be gangstas, but did they ever shot someby, they banged ? and eventough i dont like thta music no mo, i thinks westside connection does really wack music,

bgcasper
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: south paris
Location: from cpt to vegas up to paris its blue and gold ogk1 reppin sw pj south 1-tray cripppin

Unread post by bgcasper » September 17th, 2003, 7:40 am

i hate to say it but i agree

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » September 17th, 2003, 9:14 am

You guys are right of course about that but I think we all got off on the beats to a couple of songs at least driving down the blvd.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » September 17th, 2003, 11:44 pm

Cereal_II wrote:Like G Dresta said : i gotta hate ya (WC) .... Sayin u did dirt, but tell me whos a witness to ya damn work because ya never had no business so see the drama jerk, Westside Connection is the biggest wackest crappest bull-shot ever made in hip hop, i bought them bow down cd some years ago, AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK !!! Ice cube big fake he is gangsta actor, because in bow down they talkin they be gangstas, but did they ever shot someby, they banged ? and eventough i dont like thta music no mo, i thinks westside connection does really wack music,
?? i thought that diss was directed to dr. dre...anyways, ...being gangsta ain't about shootin' people..its a mentality, but than again its all and how you look at it, thats how I interpreted it. I'm feeling their new video "lights out", and I'll cop their album when it hits stores....

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » September 18th, 2003, 2:00 am

BEREAL_II YOU DON'T KNOW NOTHIN ABOUT BANGIN SO SHUT UP AND PLUS I DOUBT IF YOU SEEN MACK 10, W.C., OR ICE CUBE YOU WOULDN'T SAY stuff, BUT YOU WOULD PROBABLY BE DICK RIDIN. I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS BECAUSE WHEN IT COMES TO RAPPIN I LIKE ALL W.C. ALBUMS, ICE CUBE'S AND MACK 10'S ALBUMS, ESPECIALLY MACK 10 ON THAT NEW BOO YAA TRIBE ALBUM THAT SH!TS BANGIN.

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » September 18th, 2003, 4:32 am

So ? I gotta an opinion and i respect that peepz like em, but i dont respect these three rappaz that got rich of gangsta image and how many people they killed ?? how many times did they banged ? how many drive-bys they got involved in ? Fakers is what i hate most, and ice cube is always talkin abou he bein a gangsta, but it seems he doin it for the money, because how many times was he in jail because of gang bangin ? so thats it, thats what i mean when i say keep it real, why ya giving a gangsta image when ya never done gangsta shit?? And just because i aint from LA i cant talk bout bangin? what ya think that they are only gangs in LA ??? they be in europe, africa, etc, so dont think u are the only gangs in the world

KEEP IT REAL, DAWGZ !!!

ya_know

Unread post by ya_know » September 18th, 2003, 11:20 am

so only ppl who have killed somebody or gang banged or whatever are gangsta´s? please...being gangsta is a bit more then just kill somebody and probably end up in jail for the rest of life...thats not gangsta...thats stupid if you ask me.

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » September 18th, 2003, 3:25 pm

Some people don't need speak on being gangsta if they don't know about it. What do you expect? It's all entertainment - most of the rappers didn't bang hard if they were bangers or were only friends with bangers growing up.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » September 21st, 2003, 6:44 pm

Cereal_II wrote:So ? I gotta an opinion and i respect that peepz like em, but i dont respect these three rappaz that got rich of gangsta image and how many people they killed ?? how many times did they banged ? how many drive-bys they got involved in ? Fakers is what i hate most, and ice cube is always talkin abou he bein a gangsta, but it seems he doin it for the money, because how many times was he in jail because of gang bangin ? so thats it, thats what i mean when i say keep it real, why ya giving a gangsta image when ya never done gangsta @$%*?? And just because i aint from LA i cant talk bout bangin? what ya think that they are only gangs in LA ??? they be in europe, africa, etc, so dont think u are the only gangs in the world

KEEP IT REAL, DAWGZ !!!

Homeboy you really need to shut the fuck up!!!! you Cereal...I take it Cereal K that was banned, you back under a new name!! lol..its cool, but you don't even know what a Gangsta is!!!you are contridicting yourself!!! because they weren't incarcerated for being caught in a criminal activity means they have no clue what they're rapping about and never lived it?? and you know this how? thats what I thought, you need to grow up and get a life, quit trying to get cyber 'stripes' by dissing whoever bgCasper diss and get an opinion of your own!!!

what do you know about wscg other than their music? didn't think so!! you on hush mode from now on!!!!

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » September 21st, 2003, 8:46 pm

I heard Lights Out(new single) - it sounded alright.

As far as them being gangsta, Mack 10 was a Blood and WC was a Crip affiliate. However, the thing to remember, it's entertainment.

Ice
What city do you live in now?: SF

Unread post by Ice » September 21st, 2003, 9:02 pm

WC is known for not havin done shit as far as puttin in work...and he admits it in some interviews 2...case closed

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » September 30th, 2003, 1:02 am

I DON'T GIVE A FUCK THAT NEW WESTSIDE CONNECTION WITH NATE DOGG IS BANGIN, AND BESIDES WE GOT FOOLS THAT AIN'T EVEN FROM L.A. TRYIN TO CRITICIZE ICE CUBE, MACK 10, AND W.C. LIKE YOU MUTHAFUCKAS HAVE MET ONE OF THEM OR SOMETHIN OR NOW FO SHO THEY AIN'T BANGED OR WHATEVER.

N9ne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by N9ne » September 30th, 2003, 9:39 am

Y.G. wrote:I DON'T GIVE A "i will get banned" THAT NEW WESTSIDE CONNECTION WITH NATE DOGG IS BANGIN, AND BESIDES WE GOT FOOLS THAT AIN'T EVEN FROM L.A. TRYIN TO CRITICIZE ICE CUBE, MACK 10, AND W.C. LIKE YOU MUTHAFUCKAS HAVE MET ONE OF THEM OR SOMETHIN OR NOW FO SHO THEY AIN'T BANGED OR WHATEVER.
real talk!!!!! these cats talkin' a gang a shit and they ain't even knownin'

AK-47

Unread post by AK-47 » September 30th, 2003, 1:35 pm

hahaha, so just because i aint from LA i cant criticize, well they sell their records (WC ) in stores ofmy country, so fuck that, i got an opinion, so i respect you like mack 10, but aint none of ya all said if ice cube banged ???? come on give facts, and u say mack 10 was a gang member, but theyre aremany types of gang members, first the ones who just hang with the g´s, then the ones who just affiliate for they own safety or because they from the hood, then the ones that bang a lil, and then the real killaz, and i dont need to be from LA to know this. To me they are more fake than real, if any of yall have read the lyrics on bow down, they sound fake as fu.ck ! And i dont think mack 10, ice cube or wc hang with his homies anymore, they live good in their valley houses, so u use the gangsta shit to get rich,a nd u dont give thanks back, aight, GIve Facts

omack
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by omack » September 30th, 2003, 3:44 pm

That's fine, man. However, none of the people who did bang live in their old hoods. Gangsta rap is all entertainment - some people don't get the damn point.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Y.G. » October 1st, 2003, 1:21 am

WELL LOOK HERE AK-47 (LIKE YOU EVER SEEN ONE) YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN A REAL GANGSTA ESPECIALLY LIVING IN ENGLAND SO WE DON'T REALLY CARE TO HEAR YOUR OPINION. PLUS IF YOU WERE LIVING IN THE GHETTO AND HAD THE CHANCE TO MOVE OUT TO THE VALLEY YOU WOULD DO IT TO.

Cereal_II
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Cereal_II » November 7th, 2003, 5:18 am

I juz wanna give opinion bout deez yall cant undastand when the rappaz get the cash they run fast outta hood many c becomin a rappa the only way out of it so how can a bitch-rappa from the hood be down 4 it when he juz wanna get cash to get outta it ! the funniezt thang iz they gettin rich tellin storiez othaz have dunn and of whatta G´s do cuzz they no gangz they b no gangsta rap. only bloodz & cripz and damu ridaz deserve it

FUCK BOLLOCKS FAN, BITCH ASS MUTHAFUCKA,

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » December 14th, 2003, 3:25 pm

i'm gonna say this much the westside connection is tight because they dont front when it comes speaking real lyrics about the street life.. i'm tried abot jarule and other rap cats who calim to be from the hardest neighborhoods rappin about love over and over again just like dmx.. oh yall havent heard he calling it quits after this album..as far as 50 cent goes i cant stand him hi and g unit remind me of another bootleg cash money records at least the connect gang does something diffrent the bottom lie is ys it has been 7yrs since they last came out lets hope all the effort and hard work was worth every peeny when i buy the cd....much love to our american soliders in iraq that caught saddam peace

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » December 14th, 2003, 3:25 pm

i'm gonna say this much the westside connection is tight because they dont front when it comes speaking real lyrics about the street life.. i'm tried abot jarule and other rap cats who calim to be from the hardest neighborhoods rappin about love over and over again just like dmx.. oh yall havent heard he calling it quits after this album..as far as 50 cent goes i cant stand him hi and g unit remind me of another bootleg cash money records at least the connect gang does something diffrent the bottom lie is ys it has been 7yrs since they last came out lets hope all the effort and hard work was worth every peeny when i buy the cd....much love to our american soliders in iraq that caught saddam peace

looney
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by looney » December 14th, 2003, 3:27 pm

STREETGANG111
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by STREETGANG111 » February 25th, 2004, 1:30 pm

`

Return to “Music and News”