Juvenile Module

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
Anonymous20

Juvenile Module

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 17th, 2004, 3:09 pm

I received the email below about the juvenile module: check it out.

-------------------

MY NAME IS ********* IM 17 YEARS OLD. IV'E BEEN READING ABOUT THE JUVENILE MODULE AND THATS JUST THE START OF THINGS... I SPENT ALOT OF THIS LAST YEAR IN THE JUVENILE MODULE. I JUST GOT OUT LIKE 2 MONTHS AGO. I BEAT MY CASE, THEY WHERE TRYING TO GIVE MY 81 TO LIFE... THAT PLACE IS NO JOKE.. STRAIGHT GANG BANGING THE SUR13 PEOPLE DONT FUCK AROUND THERE.. BASICALY ITS THE MEXICANS SUR 13 VS THE BLACKS... AND THERE IS NO FIGHTING... PEOPLE GET SHANKED WITH JAIL MADE SPEARS...SOME SPEARS ARE MADE UP TO 6 FEET TALL TO MAKE SURE YOU SHANK THE PERSON.. AND THE COPS THEY DONT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT ANYONE..THEY LET SHIT HAPPEN.. THEY ONCE EVEN FUCKED ME AND 2 OF THE HOMIES UP REALY BAD... AND FOR THE PEOPLE THAT REALLY HAVE IT BAD CALLED GREENLIGHTERS OR THE PC'S... THERE DEAD MEN WALKING... IV'E SEEN PEOPLE TRY TO HANG THEMSELVES CUZ THEY WHERE SO SCARED...

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Re: Juvenile Module

Unread post by wcrockets » January 18th, 2004, 2:23 am

Yes! Every kid I have talked to that has been to CYA recently is coming back with this. They are either hardened and part of the problem or fearful and NEVER going back. Just my 2 cents.

Honestly, the part that disturbs me the most about that post is when the author points out that those in charge don't care. Why do we hire prison guards to watch over juvenile offenders? We can do better than that and we should for this great nation's youth. The current situation is not even near our best.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » January 25th, 2004, 11:15 am

sounds like he is actually talking about the juvenile module in the LA County Jail...fits the description to a T. I spent quite a bit of time there myself and would have to say that it is one of the worst modules in the County Jail. The young ones that are in there have something to prove (or so their mindset leaves them to believe that) and tend to act out moreso than the of-age inmates (some of them anyhow). It is a jungle in the juvenile module.
In 1992 I left the County Jail from the "hole" and went to CYA where they didn't send me directly to a unit and instead I was placed in what they called a "seg-cage" for 30 days. A seg-cage is an actual cage (usually 3 or 4 in a row) that is out in an open sally-port area. The cages have nothing in them but a toilet and a metal stool that is bolted to the ground in the center. At lights out (usually 9pm) they slide you a mattress and a blanket and collect it at about 5 am before they feed you breakfast. You sit in this cage all day doing nothing. When the staff has determined that you have "learned your lesson" you finally get to be sent to a unit where you have to program.
I have been to CYA and the Pen and would have to say that CYA is the most brutal environment of the 2.

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » January 25th, 2004, 9:10 pm

I spent some time in 4300 module in LA County but I was already an adult, but this kids is describing what we see in many institutions across the US. As an adult I feel like I can handle the stresses and challenges of surviving in a particular location, but we should be guarding the young when in comes to incarceration. I think that it may make a difference for some of them if they got that extra attention while they face their cases.

LA is a bad example of that. Javier Staurang, a Catholic chaplian for Eastlake was fired when he tried to shed some light on the issues that the youth are facing. He was in the LA time in 2003 blasting the juvenile system.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » January 26th, 2004, 9:26 am

I remember that in the news. They had a representative from the press justifying everything they do there and making an argument against what he was saying.

anonymousman
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by anonymousman » February 22nd, 2004, 2:25 pm

what about the cya in stockton, who calls shots up there? i know there is surenos up in there but what is the majority?

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Tatta » February 22nd, 2004, 2:37 pm

My opinion, anonymousman, is that there is no one group or set "calling shots" in CYA. The system is nothing more than a breeding ground for future death-row inmates and lifers. The fight for survival in CYA is an individual battle. Set-trippin is in full effect in CYA. It isn't like the pen where races band together so much...it is to a certain degree but not completely.
The same wars that exist in these streets exist in CYA. The mixture and divisions of groups leaves no room for anyone group to "call shots".

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » February 28th, 2004, 11:39 am

Last edited by NH211 on May 4th, 2004, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdidasDime

Unread post by AdidasDime » April 3rd, 2004, 12:10 am

i don't get why they hire security guards for juvi. when i was there there'd be huge fights and the security guards would just sit and watch, it was seriously like entertainment for them, it was the same at the places some of my friends have been in.

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » April 3rd, 2004, 5:06 pm

Last edited by NH211 on May 4th, 2004, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

caineIsignz
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by caineIsignz » April 3rd, 2004, 6:40 pm

do they act so hard on these kids cause they wana teach them a leason early or like scare them?

AdidasDime

Unread post by AdidasDime » April 3rd, 2004, 8:39 pm

i'm from gresham, my sister lives in la though. in la the police are violent with the gangs like you said, in gresham the police are afraid of the gangs.

YALL DONT NO SHIT BOUT YA

Unread post by Guest » April 19th, 2004, 12:06 am

NIGGA I AM A YA BABY THE THUNDER DOME NIGGA YA BABY STR8 OUTTA YA BANGIN

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » April 19th, 2004, 9:03 am

Great. Welcome to the forum. Maybe you can post your perspective in this thread of what's going on and how the situation can change for the better. Also, write so it is readable please as all kinds of people read this forum from everywhere. And respect Tatta please, listen to his opinion, and discuss with him as you feel led. Peace.
Last edited by wcrockets on April 19th, 2004, 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: YALL DONT NO stuff BOUT YA

Unread post by Tatta » April 19th, 2004, 9:28 am

SBCCG1T1NY_GEESTA wrote:NIGGA I AM A YA BABY THE THUNDER DOME NIGGA YA BABY STR8 OUTTA YA BANGIN
Straight outta YA bangin? Enjoy your impending journey to the pen. One day you will look back and realize exactly how ignorant you sound.

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » April 19th, 2004, 7:32 pm

Last edited by NH211 on May 4th, 2004, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr 503
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mr 503 » April 19th, 2004, 8:15 pm

yea hopefully someday these kids will learn thats being hard doesnt mean shit. getting an education and being close to god is the only things that are gonna get you anywhere. i learned that 1st hand. i have family that has done 20 to 30 years in the pen and the only thing they tell me is only fools go to jail. 90% of the people in there would kill to be out and have the opportunity to go to school or work and the other 10% that dont give a fuck are the biggest fools of all. knowledge really is power and the more you know the more you are capable of.

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » April 21st, 2004, 10:34 pm

rap_gurl

Unread post by rap_gurl » May 22nd, 2004, 2:20 am

I know just what this kid went thru, and it aint nice, when u see the people who are to protect you not care about you, they even do beat you there and thats not nice, man no kid should go thru prison I know all about it, been there myself.

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » May 26th, 2004, 2:50 pm

CYA ain't nothing nice, but it's also not as dramatric as some make it seem. I first went when I was 12 in 1995, for a attempted murder/ robbery case. When you get sent you have to go to Norwalk which is the receiving/reception facility. They sent my young ass to Drake where I was the youngest but all my homeboys where up there and It was my dream to make it there since I was nine. That's the first time I ran in to everyone from everywhere, I mean this unit was pretty harsh for a first timer. I had to bunk up with this older cat from PJ Watts and this was the only place you bunk interracially and I'm from OTwsNC Insane Boys, which is located in SOuth Bay San Diego for does who didn't know. Truthfully, I picked up a lot of game from the blacks in Norwalk like some Blood from Skyline put me up on the pimp game and now homeboy got me three bitches strong and he's in Seattle with a flock of bitches. I earned my respect as the little rowdy rider ese with the "BS" tatted by his eye and I don't regret one moment. I then got transfered to Nelles which is located in Whittier and a young ese got his rid eon in there. I got stabbed by some Nortenos but they sucked and they were older because I strong armed some fag for his spank new nikes and walkman from NS GONZA and he was a bitch leva. So, I had to get my runback and the consequence of that was a new charge and then I was sent Paso Robles at 14. I started out in MORO then Los Oso west then they sent me to CAMBRIA which is similar to what homeboy was talking about in the second post a little cage for 23 hours a day and 1 hour of sitting in a chair. They kept threatening me to send me to the New Folsom or Pelican Bay but I didn't give a fuck because that would complete my goals, but they never did. CYA is pretty hard because you have young kids who go to state prisons and then sent back to YA and they usually run the entire facility like Pelican Bay. Now I'm tatted on my head, sleeved down, and crazier then before for mingling with real hoggs and killers. You just have to make the best of your time like learning some new shit about making and stacking chips. I'm not gloating but I hope I never become incarcerate dbecause there's some much money for all of us to make. I was just a dumb and ignorant child and if you have any more questions about me or the YOuth Auhtority System hit up big BANDIT from OTwsNC13.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » May 27th, 2004, 9:01 am

Got that suburban wannabes?? "It's not that dramatic" lolol... read his life story a couple times and tell me if you ready for that drama. Most of you probably are NOT being net thugs and big fish in your small pond.

BigBandit, when you ready to change your life up we're here at VO for you. Stop by and see what's crackin. Thanks for the post. Peace.

NH211
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by NH211 » June 5th, 2004, 8:35 pm

damn y.a. crazy
fuck that i aint doin no attempted murder or anything that push u to y.a.
only shit that keep me in camp n hallz
if my po violate me a lot will they send me to y.a. instead since i fuck up when i go to camp too?

NYorker
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by NYorker » June 5th, 2004, 10:22 pm

NH211 wrote:damn y.a. crazy
#%@& that i aint doin no attempted murder or anything that push u to y.a.
only stuff that keep me in camp n hallz
if my po violate me a lot will they send me to y.a. instead since i #%@& up when i go to camp too?
NH211.....how about NOT doing stuff that will send you too either? If you ain't F'd up that much already why not stop now? If you keep gambling ....1 day you will get F'd and wind up where you don't want to go or worse. Peace bro.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 6th, 2004, 10:36 am

so stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT your a real mans man?

stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by stickupkidakaBIGBANDIT » June 7th, 2004, 11:11 am

What's that suppose to mean?? Yeah I handle anything that comes my way and since i've been there done that at a young tender age i felt like releasing info and game. It may prevent others from going to YA or prepare them if there on that route..

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » June 7th, 2004, 11:33 am

Knock it off Invincible. The way he's telling it sounds right to me. Thanks. Peace.

active
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by active » December 19th, 2008, 2:36 am

ya is half mind game half action!!! that shit was fun!!!

Return to “The Prison Industrial Complex”