GOOD NEWS!!!...Man dies on Death Row for girl's rape, murder

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
stateraised2000
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

GOOD NEWS!!!...Man dies on Death Row for girl's rape, murder

Unread post by stateraised2000 » February 15th, 2004, 6:44 am

Stansbury dies on Death Row for 1982 rape, murder

By Bill Hetherman , Staff Writer

Justice was bittersweet for Sharon Strang.

Time and nature combined to rob Strang of her chance to see Robert Edward Stansbury put to death for killing her daughter.

Stansbury, awaiting execution by lethal injection for raping and murdering 10-year-old Robyn Leigh Jackson nearly 22 years ago, died of a heart condition on Death Row at San Quentin Prison on Dec. 12. He was 60.

"I had a credit card set aside just so I could fly there,' said Strang, 52, a former Baldwin Park resident who now lives in Crane, Mo.

Pomona Superior Court Judge James Piatt handed down the death penalty against the Pomona man in July 1985, two months after a jury convicted him of first-degree murder, kidnapping, rape and lewd conduct with a minor.

Stansbury was a crafty inmate who used every legal option, including representing himself at trial. He relegated attorney David J. Daugherty to an advisory role.

"He's one client who probably stands out in my mind more than any other,' Daugherty said. "He always said he would cheat the executioner, and he did.'

Stansbury, an ice cream truck driver, kidnapped Robyn from a playground near her Phelan Avenue home about 6:30 p.m. Sept. 28, 1982. Robyn was later sexually assaulted and thrown against the con crete slope of a Pasadena drainage ditch. She died of blunt force trauma and her body was found the next day.

Deputy District Attorney Richard Burns, the Stansbury trial prosecutor, called the Geddes Elementary School student's murder a cold-blooded, brutal crime.

"Mr. Stansbury was obviously a predator of the worst kind,' Burns said. "I'm sorry it took more than 20 years for this matter to be finally resolved.'

Stansbury was a burly man who stood well over 6 feet tall and had a red beard until shaving it to a mustache before his trial. He had spent about 20 of his 39 years in prison when he steered his ice cream truck though Robyn's neighborhood.

Stansbury's sex crimes began when he orally copulated two boys in 1963. Less than a year before he killed Robyn, he was paroled from prison for raping a girl and a woman in 1974, one in San Dimas and the other in Montclair.

The first victim was 14 and the second 21. Both were forced into a car at gunpoint and raped twice before being released in Pomona.

Robyn died long before there was a Megan's Law, an AMBER Alert or a way to put her name and photograph on a Web site. Robyn's murder received media attention, but nothing close to that of the deaths of other girls after the growth of cable television and the Internet.

Years of legal wrangling followed Stansbury's death sentence. His case was the focus of reviews by the U.S. and state supreme courts on whether he was in custody when questioned as a witness early in the investigation. His conviction was upheld.

Kevin Cooper recently won a stay of his execution for killing four people in Chino Hills in 1983. In contrast, Stansbury, who killed Robyn the year before, still had years of appeals available on various legal issues, Deputy state Attorney General Paul Roadarmel said.

Robyn's death, together with waiting for the system to carry out Stansbury's execution, took a toll on Strang and her relatives.

"It has destroyed my family,' Strang said.

The Azusa High School graduate gets flashbacks from hearing about cases similar to her daughter's around the country, including the recent death of 11-year-old Carlie Brucia in Florida.

But she's happy living in a Missouri town of about 1,400 people about 30 miles southwest of Springfield that's so rural it doesn't even have a McDonald's restaurant.

"There's snow out the back door and cows across the street," Strang said. "I feed my birds. We have a good time.'

seekay

Re: GOOD NEWS!!!...Man dies on Death Row for girl's rape, mu

Unread post by seekay » February 16th, 2004, 9:48 am

good..fuck people like that! people like him DESERVE a slow painful death

Unread post by Guest » April 19th, 2004, 3:12 am

paybacc's a bitch , fuccin rapehound !!

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 10th, 2004, 1:48 pm

HE GOT WHAT HE DESERVED, WHY RAPE WHEN WE GOT SO MANY SLUTS WHO ARE WILLING TO GIVE IT UP. DON'T MAKE ANY SENCE TO ME.

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » June 10th, 2004, 2:20 pm

where are all these sluts?

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 10th, 2004, 2:27 pm

Invincible wrote:where are all these sluts?
DUDE ARE YOU BLIND. I CAN'T TALK ABOUT YOUR AREA.BUT IN MOST ANY CITIE YOU CAN CATCH A SLUT FOR A BOG OF HAPPY SMOKE OR SOME KANE.I'M NOW MARRIED SO FU$K A HOE.KEEP LOOKIN LOL LOL

mike89
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mike89 » June 10th, 2004, 2:29 pm

LOL LOL LOL

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » July 26th, 2004, 11:49 pm

sluts still want guys with money. If you have no money 9like me) you can't get even sluts.

BROWN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by BROWN » July 27th, 2004, 10:59 am

this was posted along time ago, but im glad this guys dead, hes a piece of shit. rapists deserve to die

Return to “The Prison Industrial Complex”