A daily lesson in violence and despair

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
InterestedGuy

A daily lesson in violence and despair

Unread post by InterestedGuy » February 17th, 2004, 2:19 pm

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... home-local

(registration may be required)

A sad state of affairs for incarcerated youth.

Tatta
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: A daily lesson in violence and despair

Unread post by Tatta » February 17th, 2004, 5:12 pm

I read this over and over again interestedguy. Oddly enough, conditions have become a whole lot more humane. I am sure that the dudes on here that have been to YA will also attest to that. I am sure that the lil cat in the school cage only was wearing his clothes because there were cameras there (I have been to YA class and had to wear nothing but draws and shower shoes in the cage).
From one side of the coin life is better there now but on the other side it is still an awful place to be. Do the crime and do the time, YA is more crucial and dangerous transition then any pen. It is in YA where you decide to either never return or to get harder.

wcrockets
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by wcrockets » February 18th, 2004, 5:02 pm

^^ The Truth!

lb516
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by lb516 » February 18th, 2004, 5:37 pm

yes youth facilities here in new york c74 on rikers island and green in upstate are definatly a battleground. them kids are dangerous and off the hook.

i dont beleive in them harsh conditions for anyone even youths, but hopefully the harsh conditions will make them think twice about coming back. and just like tatta said either you never want to come back or you turn in to a cold killer..

i had some shit with some young bloods on rikers island, i was state ready and when you state ready they house you in c74 for like 3 weeks until you get shipped upstate, any way i was on the phone and said "cuzz" and them young fuccers stepped to me, with hands thank god so i knuckled up with them youngsters until the turtles came. make a long story short lil youngster got some knots and wanted to give me some buck fiftys, thankfully a OG from NTG was on his way upstate and me and him chopped it up and he squashed the beef. thank god cause them lil fuccas was getting ready to bring it to my old ass.

Return to “The Prison Industrial Complex”