Prison Cars,Prison Gangs,Prison Politics,Whites,Mexican,Blac

There are many that believe California's Prison Rehabilitation System and other systems around the world have more sinister purpose outside of incarceration. Discuss prison topics here in California, throughout the United States and Internationally.
Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Alabama
What city do you live in now?: Barrie

Re: Prison Cars,Prison Gangs,Prison Politics,Whites,Mexican,

Unread postby Apache » August 16th, 2015, 9:15 am

Do woods also shave their eyebrows in times of war or is it just skin heads that do it? I know not every skin shaves their eyebrows during times of conflict, but some do, don't they?

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apache » August 16th, 2015, 9:26 am

Also, I understand that the white car start riots over a white guy claiming to be a Blood or a Crip... Do Surenos riot over blacks claiming to be Surenos?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread postby silentwssj » August 16th, 2015, 3:28 pm

I dont think the White car riots over whites being crips or bloods! If anything they will target the guy when they riot but they dont riot over it! As far as Surenos rioting over blacks being surenos? That does not even make sense! If a black goes to prison claiming to be a Sureno they are the ones that choose to accept or deny him into the car! If they deny him they would simply tell him to roll it up and if he didnt they would remove him! Why would they riot and who would they be rioting with? The other blacks wouldnt care to back him up as he has already removed himself from their presence. Look in real life you do have other people of other races that are Nortenos and Surenos. if they grow up with them and are from a varrio on the streets it is perfectly acceptable to ride with them in prison! I have seen it numerous times in both groups. White, Black and Asian Nortenos and Surenos! In fact i have never been on a yard where it was all 100% pure Raza for either group. There are always a few that are not Mexican but still ride with the Homies! Yes even Blacks Surenos! As hard as it may be to fathom, I have seen them on yards! They generally have the roughest time with being accepted though. We had a Black Norteno from Watsonville in our housing unit in Santa Rita with us. Those of you who have been there know that Santa Rita is about 75% black! I remember one time he yelled out at a black porter and he told him straight up "dont be asking me for nothing, you are a Northerner" Yes we ally ourselves with the blacks but hey dude was still letting him know that he was not going to do any favors for him because he was with us! Alliances are often shaky at best! My first time in Santa rita They put me in max! Everyone in that housing unit was black but me! There was one dude from Kumi and that was it! Him and I worked out together everyday and just watched the rest of the blacks squabble all day long amongst each other! They dont even get along with each other let alone anyone else Lol! Eventually more Northerners showed up and we just just staked our claim to our own table and phone and let them fight it out for everything else! In time some whites showed up and they had the roughest time of all. The blacks wouldnt let them have a table or phone. They were so few in numbers that they couldnt do anything about it! I used to feel bad for them and let them use the Northern phone after all my people were done with it. Sad but true! Anyways, I guess what I am trying to say here is rules are not set in concrete! You do have other people of other races joining other groups. Even alliances get tested from time to time! Hell I have even a few cases where people with Hispanic last names ran with the whites! They were not your full blown Mexicans. They were probably half or were spanish. It happens though!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread postby bumperjack » August 16th, 2015, 3:44 pm

@Silent yes Santa Rita is a dangerous County Jail, alot of rat packing goes on there.but the New Santa Rita has a pod for affilated whites "woods" who been to state prison in the New Santa Rita thats were I was housed in 1991 before I went back to the pen. I done time in "big Graystone" and "little Graystone" that was intergraded with all races but I believe you are too young to ever been in them 2 areas...yes I agree with your explaination "whites" do not riot over a white crip or blood but if and when a riot erupts with either of them groups the race traitor he would be the first one hit with steel... Been there and seen it in DVI Tracy Gladitior School a white crip got stabbed by whites after a riot kicked off I was involved in that riot.Good explanation Silent...Apache your a Character you got some questions,but I guess curiosity killed the cat...If your questions are answerable you will get a answer...names and dates involving events I will refrain from.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 16th, 2015, 4:18 pm

I been through Santa Rita on a few occasions! Always in the parole violator section! They always had all races and groups together! One time I was in max cell living. It was a building with 3 pods in it! 18 cells to a pod. each pod had a big glass window in front of the tv area. The chow hall was in the middle with all pods looking out on it! All 3 pods would go to yard together twice a week! I have been to the bird cages as well. That is a building with 6 cages or dorms in that one building! We all share the same dining area which is our rec area as well! They never let me hit the regular Santa Rita jail where you actually go out to yard! I was always separated into the state prisoner only area! A lot of shit goes down there! Very violent jail! Mostly Black in population! As I said before there are few Whites in there! Even us Northerners were on high alert as the blacks dont even get along with each other let alone us! Our strategy was to stake claim to our our table and phone and dont let no one breech our area! The blacks would squabble with each other all day everyday! It was very different from Santa Clara county where we are the unquestioned dominant force!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 16th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Thats because they have half of Oakland in there.they also have "North County" downtown Oakland...The other Alameda County Jail. I have fought alot with blacks in that County they do not like,Peckerwood's so we have our own pod.affilated whites.

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apache » August 17th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Apache wrote:Do woods also shave their eyebrows in times of war or is it just skin heads that do it? I know not every skin shaves their eyebrows during times of conflict, but some do, don't they?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 17th, 2015, 7:07 pm

@Apache,Yes skins shave all hair off there body when they get ready to go into battle.woods do not.Thats a "Skinhead thing only"

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: C_ArSoN

Unread postby Adobo » August 19th, 2015, 11:20 am

I think it's human nature to squabble amongst our own. My pops told me even in prison, politics amongst each other is a big thing. Like clickish in a way. Southsiders looking down on other Southsiders and such. Makes me scratch my head.

He was busted mainly during the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s. A lot of race riots were popping off back then. Seems like something's have changed but I read earlier in this thread that there are certain prisons that have no Northerners or no Southerners? That's interesting.

Since both of you been to the big house, what do u make of TV shows like Nat Geo and Lockup how they portray inside? Valid? Glorified? Fake?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 19th, 2015, 12:03 pm

Its real because its filmed there! I do think the story lines are choreographed though! Lockup msnbc is the best in my opinion! Its just shows it how it is! The nat geo ones are not that good in my opinion! You have to remember that real gangsters dont talk to the cameras! What you are exposed to is very limited! If there is a story that they are following its probably fake!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 19th, 2015, 12:15 pm

@Abodo, first of all I done time in the 80's & 90's and just came home in "2011" career criminal status, but Now I'm saved by The Grace of God...Gangland is the glorified T.V show, every gang is the most dangerous...some of there take on events that went down are true. We can't all believe everything we read or watch on T.V "Lock-up Raw, tells is like it is, in that state or county Jail pretty much...County Jails differ from State Prisons! but now AB109 and Prop 47 County Jails are somewhat very close to being in state prison far as the politic's aspect... because of these laws that passed...alot of guys who been to prison are doing 3...4...5....6.....7...years state time in County lock - up Facility's...In Sacramento the state capitol they have 2 county jails with over 5,000 inmates and 25%of them are doing state time in the county jails its a money thing basically...What you have to understand is the California Prison System today is not the same as it was 10 or 20 years ago. These shows do a pretty good job at explaining how things are ran on the Prison Officials end anyhow. You can watch movies and read books and watch shows on jails but its not the same until you become dead to society and become a number and only certain inmates no you by your nickname or name.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 19th, 2015, 12:23 pm

Silent is correct you will never see a real gangster on TV telling you how it is in prison. Far as "California" is concerned and same goes for explaining politics, you will only get that run down by going down and jumping off that bus and getting your feet wet.I agree with what Silent said! Only because he has been to the School of hard knocks like myself. You learn quickly because it could be a detriment to your health.lol

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Adobo » August 19th, 2015, 4:22 pm

Funny because my pops never really talked about doing time. Only a few stories here and there but for the most part, he was quiet.

I've always wondered, what is the FIRST thing u do when u step off the bus? When u hit the big time. I imagine u head for the whites/blacks/Mexicans/etc but who breaks down the rules/reglas to you?

And when they say your 'paperwork', what does that mean? Your discovery file? Court papers? Is that how they determine whether you stay or roll it up?

And since every person in there is a man and men do what they want, can you take off on a rival? If so, what happens within your own people?

Mind you I've been to county jail once on BS petty misdemeanor shit and seen ppl take off on each other. I always thought set tripping was a no-no?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 20th, 2015, 4:25 am

Here is how it goes! The bus pulls up from county and you step off one at a time. They literally strip you butt naked right there on the spot. They ask you your name, race, and gang affiliation right then and there. The reason is they have one big room with a bunch of holding cells. They try to separate the warring groups immediately. For example, there were Two Surenos on the bus from county that went to prison my first time. They put them in a cage in the front of the bus and immediately separated them from everyone else in prison. This happened to me when I went to HDSP! There were 4 of us Nortenos on that bus. They let everyone off first and then came for us last. The reason was we were at war over there! They had to make sure that we had our own holding cell. Your paperwork is your court case. It will have any statements that you or your codefendents made. This is how they check to see if you ratted or not. Lastly, in prison you generally have to follow the rules set forth by your people. You always have the right to defend yourself if attacked. You don't just take flight on someone though. You are part of a group. Your actions are perceived by everyone to be from that group not your individual self. That is how they will retaliate. You must clear any smashing of someone with your people first. Otherwise you risk getting the whole car in a wreck! If you want a one on one with someone that can be arranged by both peoples higher ups.

Apache
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread postby Apache » August 20th, 2015, 6:17 am

Adobo wrote:Funny because my pops never really talked about doing time. Only a few stories here and there but for the most part, he was quiet.

I've always wondered, what is the FIRST thing u do when u step off the bus? When u hit the big time. I imagine u head for the whites/blacks/Mexicans/etc but who breaks down the rules/reglas to you?

And when they say your 'paperwork', what does that mean? Your discovery file? Court papers? Is that how they determine whether you stay or roll it up?

And since every person in there is a man and men do what they want, can you take off on a rival? If so, what happens within your own people?

Mind you I've been to county jail once on BS petty misdemeanor shit and seen ppl take off on each other. I always thought set tripping was a no-no?

I'm not an expert or anything, but this is what I think normally happens...

You get off the bus and all that and are assigned to a cell, based on your affiliation. They wouldn't pair you up with a Norteno if you were a Sureno. Once you get to your cell, your "cell brother" or cellie would probably be what is known as a CELL REP. The cell rep will run down the yards reglas, take down your information and shoot a kite up to the TIER REP, who will then put you down on the ROLL CALL list, if your 128-G or whatever paperwork you have checks out and you are not considered trash. Then you will start to become accustomed to the rules, and will most likely have to adhere to a roll call each morning and night, but I guess it depends on how hard or soft the program is in your respective pen and the procedure varies from car to car, but this is the normal procedure for Surenos, I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 9:02 am

@Apache almost but not quite...your cellie will usually tell you who your homeboys are and then he will bring you to them.The 128G Chrono is a Classification report it's not your paperwork the 812- chrono is a confidential form far as your Gang Affilation.Silent pretty much sums it up.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 9:14 am

All your cellie will do is get you intouch with your homeboys your Shotcaller in your car will check your paperwork or instruction someone in the car to do it your cellie can also ask for your paperwork it's his option.but he is not a cell-rep.He can run down some of the dog's and don'ts but its your homeboys responsibility to School you.but your cellie will also play a part in running down some of the politics so you don't get in a wreck until your fully schooled.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 9:18 am

DO 's & Don'ts I meant. instruct someone I meant to check your paperwork.sorry for the auto correct on my phone.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 20th, 2015, 9:51 am

Its basically right! That is how Surenos do it though. We have someone called TS or tier security on each tier. He will personally come and collect your paperwork and information. He will read your paperwork usually over night and give it back if it checks out. They also ask you a series of questions. What prisons, yards, dates you were on them, name, placa , Varrio, CDC number, tattoes and location on your body. This gets checked against what we call the BNL or bad news list. The reason they ask all those questions is to distinguish you from someone else with the same name. They literally have a list with peoples names on it. If you are on there they will make a decision on what needs to be done. If there are rumors about you they will kick your ass to have you sent to the hole so they can question you. If they decide you are the list you will get hit. Our rules are called HHP's or house hold policies. They are basic in nature. They don't change much from county to state. Each place is different though. You will get a kit explaining the HHP's right away. Rules in prison are far stricter in prison.. You should already have a basic idea from county though.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 12:05 pm

Silent good explanation! all cars are similar in getting them jobs done.Politics are similar although every car handles things differently...Surenos,Nortenos,Woods & Blacks,Others,F-14,Border Brother's & Piasa's...Woods are seperated by countys and your homeboys are responsible for schooling you.your cellie will fill you in once you hit the reception center...as who your homeboys are according to the county your from. Each county is responsible for taking there own trash out. If its your first time in prison your considered a first termed so if you make some mistakes you will recieve a pass. The politics are important to learn so you don't get yourself or your car in a wreck.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 12:07 pm

First-Termer

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Adobo » August 20th, 2015, 12:24 pm

What's the most common mistake first termers make?

Also, I remember in LA County, seemed like the blacks were the ONLY ones set tripping and fighting, esp amongst themselves. Can the same be said about prison? I've always noticed they don't really be structured like Northerners or SouthSiders or Whites. Seems like they are a little more wild and reckless.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 1:37 pm

I would say the most common mistake first -termers make would be paying attention to the small things,Hygiene,keeping your area you live in clean,the bigger mistake you don't make cause it could be you getting socked-up or stabbed-up...Now Blacks have different politics for sure and have the most division between themselves. I would say of all the cars...they have gangsters and straight up killers also.I can't get into specifics because I have never been in there cars but they are disorganized and set trip the most.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Adobo » August 20th, 2015, 2:13 pm

yea I remember my pops talking about his 'house' and how he mopped, took bird baths when they were on lockdown, being respectful during lights out, etc. he had some funny things to say about blacks though..lol

As for tiers, so are woods/Sur/Norte/blacks all on the same tier? Like one cell have Sur and the cell next to them Norte? I mean when the cells open and you're walking to the chow hall, could a rival literally stab you in the back? How does that work?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 3:20 pm

Hispanics are the biggest ethical group in Californa, although the biggest Hispanic group/gang is the "Sureno's" they are usually seperated from Norteno's because of the longtime feud/war...You should always stay on your toes in California Prisons especially in Maximum Security prisons level 4's, tension is something you can feel before something jumps off it gets real quiet. You always stay alert becausr anything can happen at anytime. If your not going to be directly involved you wont personally know until things kickoff period.1980 to 1986 whites were the majority in Cali Prisons...1986 to 1992 Blacks were the majority...1992 to Present Hispanics are majority...The riot that just kicked off at New Folsom a level 4 Maximum Securiy prison had multiple prison gangs involved.11 inmates were stabbed and one Gangmember of the BED was killed.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 20th, 2015, 3:22 pm

Not Bed BGF black guerilla family

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 20th, 2015, 3:40 pm

As far as paperwork goes they want your court case paperwork but they also want that 128 g! That one has your history on it! It will say all the things you have been locked up for. It also says things like have you ever been convicted of a sex crime! That is your jacket! You can learn an awful lot about someone by reading that form. They give you points in prison. Its based on a lot of personal information. Ex, what is your crime, are you a sex offender, have you ever attempted an escape, education, marital status. By reading that you get a real good idea about who you are dealing with by reading that! Mistakes that first termers make are usually hygiene, manners and respect! Also, just not understanding the politics! Its human nature to be polite and respectful to everyone but prison is different. Its very racist! You may see someone passing out good issues of clothing or bedding for example and think hey I am going to get some to. If you are not from dudes car you will probably get told no! Same thing with dealing with porters. You may be slammed in your cell and ask a porter to take something down the tier for you. If he is not your people or aligned with your people he may say no! Amongst my people the biggest thing first termers do is get lazy! We got to work out 5 days a week. Sometimes they don't want to work out that day or they do it half ass. Its funny to watch them get broke off! Sleeping is another one. You wake up at 6 and go down at 10. A lot of first termers can't handle that. They feel like why am I going to let another man tell me when to get up. They should be accustomed to it from county though. When you first go to prison you are slammed in a cell for a month or two. Rules are rules though. You better not get caught sleeping during the day. They don't care if you are locked in a cell. You will be ready for combat should the door pop open, or ready to assist your fellow N if he should need anything. A lot of what we do all day is just sit and monitor and observe everything. You figure out who is who, when they work, what their patterns are. Is all security based! We literally do head counts of all inmates. Its usfull for planning battle! We know exactly how many are in each group at all times. Art of war baby! As far as the blacks go, they are pretty disorganized! They differ in a few ways from us though. One is they usually will back up all other blacks in a riot. Black is black! It don't matter if you are kumi, Crips or blood. Hispanics are totally divided in that area. If the Blacks are attacking the Southerners we won't help them just because they are Raza! Another thing is we don't allow infighting. No Northerner will fight another N! Blacks do it all day everyday! Squabbling! We are about unity amongst our own they don't have that! In their world the strongest man gets his way! In our world welive by rules and regulations! If someone needs discipline we will make him write an essay 2500 words 4 lines per line on something like unity! We will also break him off some serious physical discipline. Ex run 14 laps for 14 days straight! That gets people in line real quick! If they don't they get smashed and their criminal career is over. They end up on that BNL and its a wrap for them! As far as where people are celled, its all over. Your next door neighbor or could be your enemy! Watch your neck and chest is all I got to say! The first lesson in prison that I got was awareness. Not just the word but absolutely everything that goes with it. It keeps you alive Silent!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 20th, 2015, 9:30 pm

Another common mistake is being oblivious to boundaries! This only applies to people when they first arrive! Everything in prison is claimed! Benches, tables, workout equipment and whole sections of the yard! Most groups are semi lax about it. They do guard their areas but not like us. Nortenos literally post guards all around their area. If your new to the yard we will know because we pay attention to who everyone is. We will respectfully but forcefully if necessary redirect your ass if you try and cut through our area. Its all about security. If I am working out I can't be aware of my surroundings like I normally would be able to. It only takes a second for someone to on a mission to hit you. We put up a layer of security. They got to get through them first! If I drop down to do pushups a Homie is literally guarding me not only on the perimeter but one right next to me as well. We don't even let people playing soccer or football come in our area to get their ball. We will get it for them. If it becomes a habit we will tell them to take their game elsewhere! I level 1 and 2 dorms you have two identical setups. Each side has a tv , benches, and a bathroom. You can only sit in your affiliation side though. That is the quickest way to an ass beating for a newcomer. Don't make the mistack of using the wrong bathroom, TV or benches. Blacks, northerners, Asians, islanders and others sit on one side. Whites, southerners, natives and paisas on the other.

Adobo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby Adobo » August 20th, 2015, 10:41 pm

So BumperJ, you're saying SouthSiders are the biggest group in the joint? If that's the case, why don't they smash the northerners?

And Silent, so if blacks are getting down w/ the SouthSiders, Northerners won't jump in and help the blacks? Has their ever been a case of Northerners helping Southerners?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 21st, 2015, 4:21 am

Every prison yard is its own microcosm. There is a reason for everything! Usually they outnumber us but not always. Sometimes our alliances even things out for us and sometimes they don't. Sometimes we outnumber them and don't smash them. Its all a game of chess! Usually if the Blacks are getting off on the Southerners we would be in the thick of it to! I was simply trying to give an example! Hispanics are split. I have heard of individual instances where a Northerner has backed up a Southerner just because of race! Those instances are few and far in between though. Usually in very low level yards as well. In general we don't even barely speak to them! I know it seems F-ed up and honestly it is! There is a natural desire to want to talk to your own as you probably have far more in common with them and can relate to them more! On low level yards sometimes conversations do happen. It never goes to far though as prison is prison! Remember underneath it all people are really people! As far as why doesn't this group simply smash that group. Sometimes they do! In the end though its bad all around. No business is conducted and you never get to come out. Who wants to be slammed all the time? In reality everyone wants yo simply come out and program. Its the powers that be that determine what really goes on out there! If one yard is shut down to long it will eventually disrupt what someone wants to do. Then peace will happen and the cycle begins again!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread postby bumperjack » August 24th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Believe this they get a chance they usually do!"Surenos" the South always have outnumbered the North and majority of the riots that happen in California the Surenos are involved. They have been out of control for some time.The whites there allies have even from time to time stabbed each other.Silent synopsis is also correct.It really depends what prison your in.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread postby silentwssj » August 24th, 2015, 6:19 pm

What a lot of people don't get is everyone wants to go out to yard! Nobody wants to be slammed! When you decide to take flight it for a good reason. I have been in a situation where we were slammed. That yard was locked down for almost a year straight. After a while you begin to run out of hygiene items not to mention food. Sometimes the guards are cool and will let different groups go to store one by one in those situations. They don't have to though. Imagine sitting in a cell with another man day after day, week after week, month after month, in some situations year after year. You can only read, workout, play cards, talk so much! It really sucks! The yard I was on there was no end in sight either. I won't say what happened or where it was because it was some serious shit that went down. I will say this both sides knew when them doors cracked it wouldn't be more than ten seconds until shoots would be fired! It was that bad! Smart shotcallers avoid those situations in the first place! They know everyone would much rather be out on the yard programing, conducting business, working out, being able to go store etc!

Return to “The Prison Industrial Complex”