Compton Heads for Dubious Title: U.S. Murder Capital

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Compton Heads for Dubious Title: U.S. Murder Capital

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 23rd, 2006, 2:46 pm

Los Angeles Suburb Heads for Dubious Title: U.S. Murder Capital
Jan. 23 (Bloomberg) --

Compton, California, is a Los Angeles suburb of single-family homes and apartment buildings, crisscrossed by tree-lined boulevards with Mexican food stands and grocery stores on the corners.

It's also a battleground for drug gangs, police say, and may have the highest murder rate in the U.S.

Homicides in Compton soared 72 percent last year, with 67 murders in a city of 97,000 people. That probably outstripped the rate in places such as Camden, New Jersey, that are perennially at risk of being branded as the country's murder capital, says Scott Morgan, president of Morgan Quitno Press, which compiles crime statistics.

Each killing in Compton, which is patrolled by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, costs about $1 million to investigate and prosecute, says R. Doyle Campbell, assistant sheriff. The crimes also scare away business, says Jack Kyser, chief economist with the nonprofit Economic Development Corp. of Los Angeles County.

``They're trying to grow their economy, but headlines like this would obviously make a business think twice,'' he said.

That stifles growth in the city, Kyser says. Compton's median household income of $31,819 is about 25 percent less than the U.S. average.

Compton's economy, once supported by heavy industry, is dominated by distribution companies that take advantage of its location along a freeway between the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach and inland cities. The city had 8.4 percent unemployment in November, more than the 5.1 percent in California and 4.8 percent national rate, according to the state Employment Development Department.

Against the Trend

The rise in murders contrasts with declines in many major cities. Los Angeles had 250 in the first half of 2005, down from 269 a year earlier, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. New York's homicides fell 14 percent to 238 in the period.

In 2004, Camden had the highest murder rate, 60.8 per 100,000 people, according to Lawrence, Kansas-based Morgan Quitno. Compton was seventh, at 40.2. That jumped to 69.1 last year. National listings from the FBI come out in October.

Gang Wars

``Everywhere you go in the city, it's someone's gang area,'' Sergeant Vincent Plair said while on patrol in Compton last month. About 50 gangs vie for control of the crack cocaine, methamphetamine and marijuana markets, he says.

The crimes frustrate sheriff's deputies who resorted to gun trade-ins in an effort to get weapons off the streets. They collected 610 guns last month, including Uzis, Tec-9s and AK-47s. In exchange, they gave gift certificates for as much as $100 at retailers such as Circuit City Stores Inc., Toys ``R'' Us Inc. and Ralphs Grocery Co.

The killings didn't end. The final slaying of the year took place New Year's Eve, when 19-year-old Jose Casillas was shot and killed at 1:35 a.m. outside a party. The case remains unsolved, says Captain Ray Peavy, who runs the homicide bureau.

Murders increased partly because gang members are shifting to sidewalk assassinations rather than Southern California's signature drive-by shootings, says Captain Eric Hamilton, who runs the Compton station for the sheriff's department. About 120 officers work at the station.

Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca last week activated a task force that will devote 15 homicide detectives to Compton cases and add five narcotics investigators and 31 gang officers to the city's force, Campbell says.

Price of Violence

Compton's elected leaders, not the sheriff's department, are responsible for failing to curb murders in the community, says Los Angeles Police Chief William Bratton, who has cut violent crime in his jurisdiction for three consecutive years.

``Compton is one of the most violent couple of square miles in the country,'' Bratton said this month after a news conference in downtown Los Angeles. ``You get what you pay for, and Compton has to wake up to the fact that they need to find the resources to fund more police.''

The sheriff's department took over patrols in the city in 2002 after then-Mayor Omar Bradley disbanded Compton's 113-member police force, saying it was too expensive and ineffective. He later was convicted of misappropriating public funds.

Compton's city council this month approved allocating an additional $225,000 to pay for more deputies. Mayor Eric Perrodin, a former police officer in the city who also was a Los Angeles County deputy district attorney, didn't return four calls and an e-mail seeking comment.

Citizen Fears

Besides gun drives and increased patrols, deputies in Compton are trying to change a culture among some in the city who abide murder because of fear of retribution, Hamilton says.

The department has set up block clubs to establish ties between officers and residents, including one on Poinsettia Avenue led by Brenda Postelle, 64.

When a shooting took place on her street last year for the first time, Postelle, a retired telecommunications worker who has lived in Compton for 45 years, and neighbors called an emergency block club meeting. Deputies attended and put a dummy patrol car on the street for three days, she says.

``If we see something out there, someone out there shooting someone or doing a crime, what good will it do to turn my back?'' Postelle asked. ``It's the citizens' fault as well as the person who is doing it.''



http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... 0&refer=us

User avatar
Jakk
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 188
Joined: September 25th, 2005, 8:52 am
Location: [are you lisening or are you dumb, UK

Unread post by Jakk » January 23rd, 2006, 4:20 pm

thats not good

I guess tourism isn't realy something there anyway but it still doesn't help anything no the less
:(

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 23rd, 2006, 4:43 pm

Too bad the dumb ass people who run america either dont know,or pretend not to know,that poverty and scarce job opportunties for minorities,esp. black men.are the real reason behind all of these murders and drug deals.Its not more police that people need,its more opportunities to feed themselves and thier families.Keep people broke,stressed up,and angry and this shit will just keep happening.


Of coarse we all know this is done on purpose so its not like its on accident.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 322
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 11:54 pm
What city do you live in now?: L.A.
Location: Los Angeles,Ca.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 23rd, 2006, 10:12 pm

the murders in compton isn't just cuz of black men. latino men had they hand in it 2. and i don't know if you ever been to compton, but alot of compton look good. don't look like its no real poverty.

Y.G.
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2201
Joined: August 6th, 2003, 1:12 am

Unread post by Y.G. » January 24th, 2006, 2:06 am

raphead2001 wrote:the murders in compton isn't just because of black men. latino men had they hand in it 2. and i don't know if you ever been to compton, but alot of compton look good. don't look like its no real poverty.

LOOKS CAN FOOL TO.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 24th, 2006, 6:10 pm

raphead2001 wrote:the murders in compton isn't just because of black men. latino men had they hand in it 2. and i don't know if you ever been to compton, but alot of compton look good. don't look like its no real poverty.
Its struggle and poverty wherever we are and at least 45% unemployment for black men.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 24th, 2006, 6:15 pm

Im pretty

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 24th, 2006, 6:17 pm

Im pretty sure most of those homicides in Compton are black on black like everywhere else.Of coarse Latinos and everyone else has homicides but not to the degree in the black communities.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 322
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 11:54 pm
What city do you live in now?: L.A.
Location: Los Angeles,Ca.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 24th, 2006, 7:46 pm

i never said compton looked good all over and i will stick by what i said. and i know compton anin't soft or nothing like that. i said what i said to blackmanofhonor cuz he was like how compton is some super oppressed place with no hope or nothing like that. i don't care how many killings compton has it is not some oppressed city. my moms is from detroit and i been there several times and if you go there will really see what poverty really is. and im from around pico and la brea and it don't look bad over here but shit krak. and really alot of L.A. that is considered the ghetto is only the ghetto because of who lives there. not how it look. and for all those who say compton is so poor, go and look how much those homes in compton is selling for. and i will say this again im not dissing compton or any compton hoods.

User avatar
Dr. Gonzo
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1210
Joined: December 20th, 2004, 7:26 pm
Location: Lost Angeles

Unread post by Dr. Gonzo » January 24th, 2006, 7:55 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:Im pretty sure most of those homicides in Compton are black on black like everywhere else.Of coarse Latinos and everyone else has homicides but not to the degree in the black communities.
You are wrong.

Compton is mostly hispanic nowadays. Hispanics make up close to 60% of Compton.

mnjmc
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 273
Joined: October 24th, 2004, 10:45 pm
Location: out of state

Unread post by mnjmc » January 24th, 2006, 8:49 pm

raphead2001 wrote:i never said compton looked good all over and i will stick by what i said. and i know compton anin't soft or nothing like that. i said what i said to blackmanofhonor because he was like how compton is some super oppressed place with no hope or nothing like that. i don't care how many killings compton has it is not some oppressed city. my moms is from detroit and i been there several times and if you go there will really see what poverty really is. and im from around pico and la brea and it don't look bad over here but shit krak. and really alot of L.A. that is considered the ghetto is only the ghetto because of who lives there. not how it look. and for all those who say compton is so poor, go and look how much those homes in compton is selling for. and i will say this again im not dissing compton or any compton hoods.

THANK YOU!!! This little belief people have about Compton being some extremely poor oppressed place is just wrong. It has parts in it that look like they belong in the suburbs, and it also has a lot of parts that don't look as good. I mean it is not like we are living in poverty. And that goes for many so called "ghettos" in LA. And I am not trying to say Compton is weak, believe it ain't and we got the murder rate to prove it, but just because some other city looks a whole lot uglier than Compton doesn't mean they are any harder. It is just uglier .LOL.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 322
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 11:54 pm
What city do you live in now?: L.A.
Location: Los Angeles,Ca.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 24th, 2006, 9:03 pm

agree

User avatar
CHAVA_G25
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 7:40 pm
Location: DUARTE, S.G.V./Riverside,I.E.
Contact:

Unread post by CHAVA_G25 » January 24th, 2006, 9:15 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:Im pretty sure most of those homicides in Compton are black on black like everywhere else.Of coarse Latinos and everyone else has homicides but not to the degree in the black communities.
THAT AINT TRUE ALOT OF THE KILLINGS IN COMTON ARE INDEED BLACK ON BLACK BUT THATS JUST A PART OF THE KILLING THERE IS ALSO ALOT OF KILLINGS BETWEEN BLACK VS MEXICAN AND MEXICAN VS MEXICAN THERE IS A HIGH RACIAL TENSION IN COMPTON BETWEEN HISPANICS AND BLACK TAKE A LOOK AT THIS PIC, ITS A TAGGING OF CVTF STATING "FUCK NIGGERS" THIS IS FOUND COMMON AROUND THE CITY http://www.streetgangs.com/hispanic/ima ... ers_03.jpg

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 25th, 2006, 1:50 am

mnjmc wrote:
raphead2001 wrote:i never said compton looked good all over and i will stick by what i said. and i know compton anin't soft or nothing like that. i said what i said to blackmanofhonor because he was like how compton is some super oppressed place with no hope or nothing like that. .
Black people are repressed all over the USA.I never said that there wasnt hope dont put words in my mouth check the unemployment,poverty,imprisonment for ANY city in the USA for blacks and its about the same per capita.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 25th, 2006, 1:02 pm

I guarentee you at least 45-50% of black men are unemployed in Compton,and I guarentee you another 10% is locked up.Just like every other city in the USA.And Ill bet that most of those that do have jobs have low paying ones.And at least 45-50% of black children are born under the poverty line. I can find and post proof of this if you would like.

JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER CITY IN AMERICA.


I love how these idiots like to forget about how shady and racist this country is and just pretend that we are just killing each other and filling up prisons because we just choose to live that life.Stating the truth is not saying that anything is hopelesss-if you take me stating the real life sitaution blacks are in as that,then you have a comprehension problem.Its like this because it is DESIGNED to be that way.

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 322
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 11:54 pm
What city do you live in now?: L.A.
Location: Los Angeles,Ca.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 25th, 2006, 2:06 pm

so you don't put none of the blame on ourselves. i bet if a black man walked up to you right now and socked you in the face and said the white man made me do it you wouldn't even get mad huh. cuz us blacks are 2 stupid to even think logically. and i grew up poorer than alot of blacks, i got clowned for not having new shoes and the best clothes when i was in middle school by damn near all the other blacks. i didn't have any money. the only time i have ever money in my life is when i went out and worked myself. so don't be thinking im born with no spoon in my mouth. and blackmanofhonor are you from L.A.? cuz if you were here and grew up around dudes who momma gave them all the money they wanted and still went out and got locked up for gangbaning then you wouldn't understand. im not saying all homeys are and were like this but don't put it out there that all blacks live bad and its all to blame to the white man. and even if deep down i believe the white man keep me down i got 2 much honor to give up and let them win without a fight. and when i go to school and work im fighting and holding it down for the race. when i walk in the white bank with my pro club and deposit money im letting them know not all young blacks who look like this anin't lazy or stupid or whatever the fuck they think of us. and i don't have no comprehension problem. i understand what i go thru everyday. and you don't have to use words like idiot and all that to address someone who doesn't agree with you

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 25th, 2006, 7:02 pm

raphead2001 wrote:so you don't put none of the blame on ourselves. i bet if a black man walked up to you right now and socked you in the face and said the white man made me do it you wouldn't even get mad huh. because us blacks are 2 stupid to even think logically. and i grew up poorer than alot of blacks, i got clowned for not having new shoes and the best clothes when i was in middle school by damn near all the other blacks. i didn't have any money. the only time i have ever money in my life is when i went out and worked myself. so don't be thinking im born with no spoon in my mouth. and blackmanofhonor are you from L.A.? because if you were here and grew up around dudes who momma gave them all the money they wanted and still went out and got locked up for gangbaning then you wouldn't understand. im not saying all homeys are and were like this but don't put it out there that all blacks live bad and its all to blame to the white man. and even if deep down i believe the white man keep me down i got 2 much honor to give up and let them win without a fight. and when i go to school and work im fighting and holding it down for the race. when i walk in the white bank with my pro club and deposit money im letting them know not all young blacks who look like this anin't lazy or stupid or whatever the fu-- they think of us. and i don't have no comprehension problem. i understand what i go thru everyday. and you don't have to use words like idiot and all that to address someone who doesn't agree with you
all the shit you posted is irrelevent,all i said were facts and the fact is things are real hard for a black man out here wherever you are.Jobs are scarce.ANd thats the root of these homicides and drug trafficking.Stress and poverty leads to crime.Putting more police wont fix this problem because crime is an effect not a cause.


I called you an idiot because if you are black,you must be.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 25th, 2006, 7:08 pm

do some research on job discrimination in hiring,firing and pay rates.and also do some research on statistics and imprisonment rates and THEN come talk to me,because right now,you seem like a fucking idiot to me.

To say that blacks are in not in poverty in LA when 50% of black kids there are born UNDER the poverty line shows me that you really have no knowledge of your surroundings.I stand by what I said.....the gangs and homicides are a product and effect of rampant discrimination,not the cause.If you keep ANY group of people mass unemployed there will be a high crime and homicide rate.Racism has a string presence in society and is the root of ALOT of our problems.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 25th, 2006, 7:12 pm

raphead2001 wrote:the murders in compton isn't just because of black men. latino men had they hand in it 2. and i don't know if you ever been to compton, but alot of compton look good. don't look like its no real poverty.


There is alot of real poverty in Compton,LA,Oakland,San Francisco,Richmond,etc.

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 26th, 2006, 12:35 am

Posted on 01/25/2006 6:26:41 PM PST by blam


Gang killings put LA on course as murder capital

By Catherine Elsworth in Compton
(Filed: 26/01/2006)


Killings in Compton, the hub of gangland activity in Los Angeles, have risen to the highest levels in 10 years.

Homicides increased by 72 per cent last year, putting the district on course to become the murder capital of the US. Nearly 70 people were killed in Compton city itself while at least 10 more were murdered near the area's boundaries.

The once-affluent city is known for brutality and guns and during a guns-for-gifts amnesty over Christmas, 610 firearms were handed in, including AK-47s and Uzis.

But the sharp rise in killings has dismayed police and community leaders as it follows a downturn in violence - the 39 murders recorded in 2004 marked a 20-year low, while violent crime rates have been falling in many US cities.

In nearby areas patrolled by the Los Angeles police department, murders last year fell by nearly 15 per cent while New York had its lowest homicide rate since 1963.

"It's cause for alarm and we want to get on it before it gets any higher," said Pete Amico, the commander of homeland security for the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, which since 2000 has patrolled Compton, a 10-square mile low-rise inner city area south of Los Angeles with a population just under 97,000.

Some say the number of recently paroled prisoners jailed during the city's most violent period 10 to 15 years ago could be to blame.

In response to accusations of inaction, the sheriff's department has doubled the number of gang investigators and homicide detectives assigned to Compton.

But William Bratton, the Los Angeles police chief who has helped cut violent crime for three consecutive years, blamed Compton's council, not the police, for failing to cut the murders rate.

"Compton is one of the most violent couple of square miles in the country," Mr Bratton said earlier this month. "Compton has to wake up to the fact that they need to find the resources to fund more police."

Nearly all the murders, police believe, are linked to the city's estimated 57 active street gangs, which are now Hispanic as well as black.

Many police officers and city officials, however, tire of the "war zone" image. Sgt Jerry Cummins, who heads Compton police community relations, said: "If you keep saying it's no good, people start believing it. People here are very active in the community. It's five per cent that causes all the trouble."


http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1565096/posts

raphead2001
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 322
Joined: February 13th, 2004, 11:54 pm
What city do you live in now?: L.A.
Location: Los Angeles,Ca.

Unread post by raphead2001 » January 26th, 2006, 12:38 am

so let me ask you blackmanofhonor What do you think the black race needs to do to get better? since you seem to know everything. do you think we should just do what they want us or should we be strong and overcome our hardship. but whateva i don't even care to even keep coming back and fourth with no stupid ass clown like yourself. its funny how you can come at me like that just for saying things that you have not proven me wrong. i never said blacks didn't have high poverty rates. nor did i say blacks didn't face discrimination. i said out here in L.A. i have witnessed blacks who didn't need to even to slang that did. blacks that one year was school boys and then next year they some hardcore g's. yu need to face it that some of what blacks do is just them chosing. im not saying all blacks but some do chose to make they life harder. when blacks drop out of school they are the ones who made they life hard. when we have kids young we are the ones who make our life hard.and you still haven't answered my question, are you from L.A.? and i have did my dirt and will do more but i take responsibility for what i do. im not gonna blame nobody else for me being a failure. and yea we got hurdles but that might slow us down but it shouldn't make us just stop. but thats it im not gonna comment on it no more. call me all the names you want and give all the facts you want and keep telling us how the whites keep us down so much.

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » January 26th, 2006, 12:44 am

Ok...as much as I find yall's debate interesting, lets try to keep this thread on topic ok? Thanks.

Christina

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1690
Joined: December 25th, 2004, 10:40 am
Location: Mil town,WIS

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » January 26th, 2006, 2:07 am

raphead2001 wrote:so let me ask you blackmanofhonor What do you think the black race needs to do to get better? since you seem to know everything. do you think we should just do what they want us or should we be strong and overcome our hardship. but whateva i don't even care to even keep coming back and fourth with no stupid ass clown like yourself. its funny how you can come at me like that just for saying things that you have not proven me wrong. i never said blacks didn't have high poverty rates. nor did i say blacks didn't face discrimination. i said out here in L.A. i have witnessed blacks who didn't need to even to slang that did. blacks that one year was school boys and then next year they some hardcore g's. yu need to face it that some of what blacks do is just them chosing. im not saying all blacks but some do chose to make they life harder. when blacks drop out of school they are the ones who made they life hard. when we have kids young we are the ones who make our life hard.and you still haven't answered my question, are you from L.A.? and i have did my dirt and will do more but i take responsibility for what i do. im not gonna blame nobody else for me being a failure. and yea we got hurdles but that might slow us down but it shouldn't make us just stop. but thats it im not gonna comment on it no more. call me all the names you want and give all the facts you want and keep telling us how the whites keep us down so much.
no Im not from LA,Im from Mil Town,but its the same ole thang naionwide so I know black men in LA have to hustle because of a shortage of jobs just like we do out here and in every other city.White supremacy is in full
effect and its the root of most of ameriKKKas problems.Thats all i was saying until you came in here like niggas wasnt in poverty in compton and LA,thats a damn lie half of us nationwide are unemployed and another 12-15% are locked up,and the remaining few that have jobs are for the most part making minimun wage.ITs like that EVERYWHERE and you came on here like its sweet out IN CPT when I know the shit is false.Niggas is struggling and hustling in Compton just like Milwaukee,Gary,St Louis,NYC,Camden,Atlanta,Memphis,Oakland,ST Louis, etc.



just because a few cats you know had it sweet and hustled because they wanted to dont mean that speaks for half or even 30% of niggas,for the most part niggas are banging and hustling because they dont see a way out,these honkies are shife on the jobs,and we have to get it how we live.

just because neighborhoods in LA dont look as gritty and grimmey as they do in other cities doesnt mean LA niggas aint going through that same day by day struggle.

This isnt saying you should bow down or get hopeless,it should in fact motivate you more.But ignoring the truth doesnt make you anything but a damn fool.


and with that Imdone with the subject.Getting more cops wont fix the problem,because crimes and homicides are only symptons of the problem not the root.

User avatar
qbone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 63
Joined: September 14th, 2005, 3:47 pm
Location: southcentral la/atlanta ga

Unread post by qbone » January 26th, 2006, 4:07 am

We all r apart of the same episode out here blk on blk crime and murder
thats the capitol of it all all that looks good aint good in the hood yea we in
Cali got it good with our palm trees and good weather year round and known for our gang image but its the same every where thats considered ghetto
we make satistics with our on rage on eachother 400 years of knowledge
of slavery and betrayel of eachother we do all this to our self other people just stero type us . the actin is on us. we r far from murder capital when you look at race killing the nazi has the coldest hand in that.look at genicide
when we start looking at family values then the killing will slow down i do not believe that poverty is the cause to killing only through frustration and anger
in the cousre of a situation mainly off reaction to some homey geting shot at
r robbery going bad r words being exchange and mostly girls who cheat on there boyufriends with a nother gee from some where esle and go lie to the other about another thats where most of the ghetto killing that they gather the stats from just gang and ghetto murders from the street life style that we all live in everyday called our community. try keeping the peace we did in 1992 and know one person r group planed it .GOD gave it to us doing a crisis which brings peace,,,

Quickdraw
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 178
Joined: September 20th, 2004, 3:42 pm
Location: Chi-town Bred

Unread post by Quickdraw » March 21st, 2006, 6:39 pm

I aint never been to LA or Compton before but from tv it be looking like they got some nice ass houses and shit in LA so what is they dealing and shooting for? They keep the city up like they got money so what is the point. It aint like no slum or nuttin.

ChicanoPride
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 65
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 10:30 pm
Location: South Central LA, CA

Unread post by ChicanoPride » May 29th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Quickdraw wrote:I aint never been to LA or Compton before but from tv it be looking like they got some nice ass houses and shit in LA so what is they dealing and shooting for? They keep the city up like they got money so what is the point. It aint like no slum or nuttin.
Well, you really dont know until you live here, cuz what you see on tv is only the half of it. Yes, there are good and bad areas in LA, just like any other city such as Atlanta, Philly, New York, etc... So dont go by what you see on tv cuz LA has it's own slums / skidrow in Downtown. As for Compton, there are areas where it's dirty and grimey and so it's like a split between good and bad housing.

52Pueblo
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 25
Joined: February 24th, 2006, 11:37 am

Unread post by 52Pueblo » June 25th, 2006, 10:45 pm

U SAID Y PEOPLE HUSTLE OR BE SHOOTIN, WHEN WE HAVE THEZE NICE HOUSES OUT HERE, IT KOST MONEY 2 STAY N THEZE NICE HOUSEZ, THAT WE DONT STAY N, YEA THERE IZ NICE BIG HOUSES IN L.A BUT NOT AROUND MY WAY,LOL HOPPFULLY SOON BUT,SOME NIGGAZ HOOD IZ NICER THAN OTHERS BUT STILL IF DEY DONT HAVE NO GOOD PAYIN JOB OR DONT HUSTLE THEN THEY FENS 2 B OVER HERE ON SKID ROW, OR SELLIN BEANPIES ON KRENSHAW, AND IM TELLIN U, U DONT WANT 2 EVEN PASS BY SKID ROW, AND IT IZ EXPENSIVE 2 STAY OUT HERE N L.A PERIOD, LOL JUST BECAUSE NIGGAZ GANGBANG DOESNT MEAN WE DONT HAVE KIDS, AND WE DONT WANT DESIGNER KLOTHES AND KARZ, AND the REST OF WAT KOME with IT, AND THEN NIGGAZ GOT KIDZ, MAMAZ AND BABYMAMMAS AND HOMIEZ GETTIN OUT the PIN 2 LOOK OUT 4, LIVIN IN L.A IZ A STRUGGLE, DONT GET IT TWISTED L.A LOOK NICE, BUT ITZ HELLA SHADY OUT HERE






Quickdraw wrote:I aint never been to LA or Compton before but from tv it be looking like they got some nice ass houses and shit in LA so what is they dealing and shooting for? They keep the city up like they got money so what is the point. It aint like no slum or nuttin.

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 26th, 2006, 12:04 am

52Pueblo wrote:U SAID Y PEOPLE HUSTLE OR BE SHOOTIN, WHEN WE HAVE THEZE NICE HOUSES OUT HERE, IT KOST MONEY 2 STAY N THEZE NICE HOUSEZ, THAT WE DONT STAY N, YEA THERE IZ NICE BIG HOUSES IN L.A BUT NOT AROUND MY WAY,LOL HOPPFULLY SOON BUT,SOME NIGGAZ HOOD IZ NICER THAN OTHERS BUT STILL IF DEY DONT HAVE NO GOOD PAYIN JOB OR DONT HUSTLE THEN THEY FENS 2 B OVER HERE ON SKID ROW, OR SELLIN BEANPIES ON KRENSHAW, AND IM TELLIN U, U DONT WANT 2 EVEN PASS BY SKID ROW, AND IT IZ EXPENSIVE 2 STAY OUT HERE N L.A PERIOD, LOL JUST BECAUSE NIGGAZ GANGBANG DOESNT MEAN WE DONT HAVE KIDS, AND WE DONT WANT DESIGNER KLOTHES AND KARZ, AND the REST OF WAT KOME with IT, AND THEN NIGGAZ GOT KIDZ, MAMAZ AND BABYMAMMAS AND HOMIEZ GETTIN OUT the PIN 2 LOOK OUT 4, LIVIN IN L.A IZ A STRUGGLE, DONT GET IT TWISTED L.A LOOK NICE, BUT ITZ HELLA SHADY OUT HERE

Where are u from 52?






Quickdraw wrote:I aint never been to LA or Compton before but from tv it be looking like they got some nice ass houses and shit in LA so what is they dealing and shooting for? They keep the city up like they got money so what is the point. It aint like no slum or nuttin.

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 26th, 2006, 12:26 am

Christina Marie wrote:
52Pueblo wrote:U SAID Y PEOPLE HUSTLE OR BE SHOOTIN, WHEN WE HAVE THEZE NICE HOUSES OUT HERE, IT KOST MONEY 2 STAY N THEZE NICE HOUSEZ, THAT WE DONT STAY N, YEA THERE IZ NICE BIG HOUSES IN L.A BUT NOT AROUND MY WAY,LOL HOPPFULLY SOON BUT,SOME NIGGAZ HOOD IZ NICER THAN OTHERS BUT STILL IF DEY DONT HAVE NO GOOD PAYIN JOB OR DONT HUSTLE THEN THEY FENS 2 B OVER HERE ON SKID ROW, OR SELLIN BEANPIES ON KRENSHAW, AND IM TELLIN U, U DONT WANT 2 EVEN PASS BY SKID ROW, AND IT IZ EXPENSIVE 2 STAY OUT HERE N L.A PERIOD, LOL JUST BECAUSE NIGGAZ GANGBANG DOESNT MEAN WE DONT HAVE KIDS, AND WE DONT WANT DESIGNER KLOTHES AND KARZ, AND the REST OF WAT KOME with IT, AND THEN NIGGAZ GOT KIDZ, MAMAZ AND BABYMAMMAS AND HOMIEZ GETTIN OUT the PIN 2 LOOK OUT 4, LIVIN IN L.A IZ A STRUGGLE, DONT GET IT TWISTED L.A LOOK NICE, BUT ITZ HELLA SHADY OUT HERE

Where are u from 52?






Quickdraw wrote:I aint never been to LA or Compton before but from tv it be looking like they got some nice ass houses and shit in LA so what is they dealing and shooting for? They keep the city up like they got money so what is the point. It aint like no slum or nuttin.

Like Y.G. said earlier "Looks can be deceiving". I dont live there myself. I have friends that have for years. I can tell you this....alot more goes on in that little city than meets the eye. You cant judge a book by its cover. And you are pretty presumptious about the issues that are at at hand for someone thats never even been there.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » June 26th, 2006, 1:09 am

Christina Marie wrote:
52Pueblo wrote:U SAID Y PEOPLE HUSTLE OR BE SHOOTIN, WHEN WE HAVE THEZE NICE HOUSES OUT HERE, IT KOST MONEY 2 STAY N THEZE NICE HOUSEZ, THAT WE DONT STAY N, YEA THERE IZ NICE BIG HOUSES IN L.A BUT NOT AROUND MY WAY,LOL HOPPFULLY SOON BUT,SOME NIGGAZ HOOD IZ NICER THAN OTHERS BUT STILL IF DEY DONT HAVE NO GOOD PAYIN JOB OR DONT HUSTLE THEN THEY FENS 2 B OVER HERE ON SKID ROW, OR SELLIN BEANPIES ON KRENSHAW, AND IM TELLIN U, U DONT WANT 2 EVEN PASS BY SKID ROW, AND IT IZ EXPENSIVE 2 STAY OUT HERE N L.A PERIOD, LOL JUST BECAUSE NIGGAZ GANGBANG DOESNT MEAN WE DONT HAVE KIDS, AND WE DONT WANT DESIGNER KLOTHES AND KARZ, AND the REST OF WAT KOME with IT, AND THEN NIGGAZ GOT KIDZ, MAMAZ AND BABYMAMMAS AND HOMIEZ GETTIN OUT the PIN 2 LOOK OUT 4, LIVIN IN L.A IZ A STRUGGLE, DONT GET IT TWISTED L.A LOOK NICE, BUT ITZ HELLA SHADY OUT HERE

Where are u from 52?






Quickdraw wrote:I aint never been to LA or Compton before but from tv it be looking like they got some nice ass houses and shit in LA so what is they dealing and shooting for? They keep the city up like they got money so what is the point. It aint like no slum or nuttin.
I'm just taking a wild guess here... maybe he's from 52Pueblo? :idea:

haha just messing with you Christina, Puebloe del Rio is in E/S LA

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Unread post by Christina Marie » June 26th, 2006, 1:36 am

MiChuhSuh wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
52Pueblo wrote:U SAID Y PEOPLE HUSTLE OR BE SHOOTIN, WHEN WE HAVE THEZE NICE HOUSES OUT HERE, IT KOST MONEY 2 STAY N THEZE NICE HOUSEZ, THAT WE DONT STAY N, YEA THERE IZ NICE BIG HOUSES IN L.A BUT NOT AROUND MY WAY,LOL HOPPFULLY SOON BUT,SOME NIGGAZ HOOD IZ NICER THAN OTHERS BUT STILL IF DEY DONT HAVE NO GOOD PAYIN JOB OR DONT HUSTLE THEN THEY FENS 2 B OVER HERE ON SKID ROW, OR SELLIN BEANPIES ON KRENSHAW, AND IM TELLIN U, U DONT WANT 2 EVEN PASS BY SKID ROW, AND IT IZ EXPENSIVE 2 STAY OUT HERE N L.A PERIOD, LOL JUST BECAUSE NIGGAZ GANGBANG DOESNT MEAN WE DONT HAVE KIDS, AND WE DONT WANT DESIGNER KLOTHES AND KARZ, AND the REST OF WAT KOME with IT, AND THEN NIGGAZ GOT KIDZ, MAMAZ AND BABYMAMMAS AND HOMIEZ GETTIN OUT the PIN 2 LOOK OUT 4, LIVIN IN L.A IZ A STRUGGLE, DONT GET IT TWISTED L.A LOOK NICE, BUT ITZ HELLA SHADY OUT HERE

Where are u from 52?






Quickdraw wrote:I aint never been to LA or Compton before but from tv it be looking like they got some nice ass houses and shit in LA so what is they dealing and shooting for? They keep the city up like they got money so what is the point. It aint like no slum or nuttin.
I'm just taking a wild guess here... maybe he's from 52Pueblo? :idea:

haha just messing with you Christina, Puebloe del Rio is in E/S LA
If I didnt like you I would be mad for clowning me :evil: ....ok, so I dont know all the little sets. No disrespect 52.....but to me all that shit is little. Thanks for letting me know eh. HAHA!!!!!

Mr. ChuCC Taylor
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 42
Joined: June 7th, 2006, 5:18 pm

Unread post by Mr. ChuCC Taylor » June 28th, 2006, 4:51 am

mnjmc wrote:
raphead2001 wrote:i never said compton looked good all over and i will stick by what i said. and i know compton anin't soft or nothing like that. i said what i said to blackmanofhonor because he was like how compton is some super oppressed place with no hope or nothing like that. i don't care how many killings compton has it is not some oppressed city. my moms is from detroit and i been there several times and if you go there will really see what poverty really is. and im from around pico and la brea and it don't look bad over here but shit krak. and really alot of L.A. that is considered the ghetto is only the ghetto because of who lives there. not how it look. and for all those who say compton is so poor, go and look how much those homes in compton is selling for. and i will say this again im not dissing compton or any compton hoods.

THANK YOU!!! This little belief people have about Compton being some extremely poor oppressed place is just wrong. It has parts in it that look like they belong in the suburbs, and it also has a lot of parts that don't look as good. I mean it is not like we are living in poverty. And that goes for many so called "ghettos" in LA. And I am not trying to say Compton is weak, believe it ain't and we got the murder rate to prove it, but just because some other city looks a whole lot uglier than Compton doesn't mean they are any harder. It is just uglier .LOL.

well put i agree with both yall

Post Reply

Return to “Los Angeles Area News”