Pedro Espinoza is found GUILTY in Jamiel Shaw Jr murder

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Pedro Espinoza is found GUILTY in Jamiel Shaw Jr murder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 9th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Pedro Espinoza from 18th Street is found GUILTY in the murder of Jamiel Shaw Jr.

http://www.streetgangs.com/features/050 ... amiel-shaw

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Pedro Espinoza is found GUILTY in Jamiel Shaw Jr murder

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 10th, 2012, 11:41 am

[quote="alexalonso"]Pedro Espinoza from 18th Street is found GUILTY in the murder of Jamiel Shaw Jr.

http://www.streetgangs.com/features/050 ... amiel-shaw[/quote]

@ Alonso-They did not take long at all with those deliberations. Do you know if the sentencing phase will be decided by a judge or a jury? Based on the special circumstances, I think a jury will give him the death penalty but I think a judge would likely give him life without. What do you think?

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » May 11th, 2012, 9:03 pm

Based on the lack of defense he received I would not be surprised if he receives a death sentence. A jury will decide this after hearing more evidence next week.
The defense could have argued a 2nd degree murder defense, but he argued that he didnt pull the trigger defense. There was a lot of new stuff I learned in the trial.

1. Pedro wasn't on a mission or looking to put in work. He noticed Jamiel "flamed out" walking when he was in the car, but he kept going and went to Torres house (a neighbor), then when he left his house, he sees Jamiel again walking towards him. Completely spontaneous. There is evidence that Pedro asked, "where are you from," but there is also evidence that Jamiel responded. Chrystale Miles told the police Jamiel was a Blood and that he heard Jamiel say things back to Pedro before he was shot, but when she came to court she changed her story.

2. Pedro was with another person from 18 named Joel "Killer" Rodriguez, and I am shocked that he was not charged either if this was a gang shooting. In alomost all cases, Joel would be considered an accomplice

3. There is the possibility that Joel was the shooter because 2 witness said Jamiel was confronted by 2 people, but another witness said only 1 person did it.

4. The defense was not able to say Jamiel was in a gang, the Judge shut that down early on. So the prosecutor argued that Pedro killed Jamiel because he wore a Spider-man back pack, even though Jamiel had on a red belt and red kicks. I doubt that Pedro said, "look at that Spider-man back pack." The back pack alone is not enough to think someone was a blood, and it was not solid red.

natur
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Cassalla

Unread post by natur » May 12th, 2012, 9:37 am

maybe they want to make a statement after the whole zimmerman thing
i mean it is latin on black violence like in the trayvon/zimmermann case
but i dont know im from europe

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » July 11th, 2012, 4:38 am

interesting info alex alonso. i wish this was put out to the media instead of jamiel shaw's father quickly trying to portray his son as a completely innocent victim. of course he did not deserve to die and he was innocent and a victim, but what i mean by that comment is that jamiel shaw was playing a dangerous game and that this should be put out there that it is not a game and you can become a target for violence if you decide to wear certain things and show alliegance to your neighborhood gang. Jamiel shaw's father probably raised a good kid but it looks like he chose to wear gang colors and that sadly might be the reason for his murder.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » July 15th, 2012, 9:53 pm

streetsIswatchin wrote:interesting info alex alonso. i wish this was put out to the media instead of jamiel shaw's father quickly trying to portray his son as a completely innocent victim. of course he did not deserve to die and he was innocent and a victim, but what i mean by that comment is that jamiel shaw was playing a dangerous game and that this should be put out there that it is not a game and you can become a target for violence if you decide to wear certain things and show alliegance to your neighborhood gang. Jamiel shaw's father probably raised a good kid but it looks like he chose to wear gang colors and that sadly might be the reason for his murder.

I will be writing a thorough analysis of the trial in August so be on the look out for that, but I will expose all the lies that came out in that trial. I was there everyday and I even have transcript to refresh my memory. I also took about 50 pages of notes.

attila
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: amsterdam

Unread post by attila » July 16th, 2012, 5:57 am

Suppose he was a blood or an affiliate and reacted tough and provocative against Espinoza, do you you still think he deserves the death penalty?

streetsIswatchin
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by streetsIswatchin » August 25th, 2012, 5:39 pm

thats a good question attila

attila
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: amsterdam

Unread post by attila » September 5th, 2012, 2:15 am

Thanks man. Too bad it isn't being answered...

alexalonso
Founder
Founder

Unread post by alexalonso » September 9th, 2012, 1:40 pm

If someone is against the death penalty, then changing the circumstances will not change the answer.

Return to “Los Angeles Area News”