Gangs uses rape video as recruitment

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
77thresident

Gangs uses rape video as recruitment

Unread post by 77thresident » November 8th, 2004, 5:27 pm

I read this in Chief Bratton's LAPD: State of the Department:

"The Grape Street Crips, to compel a reluctant 15-year old boy to join their gang, showed him a videotape of 11 gang members raping his 13-year old sister. He joined the next day, fearing if he did not, the gang would kill her. As one gang member said, 'kids have no choice but to belong.' "

Had anyone heard about this? Is this common?

http://www.lapdonline.org/portal/inside ... p_plan.htm
(page 106)

PAPI CHULO
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Gangs uses rape video as recruitment

Unread post by PAPI CHULO » November 8th, 2004, 6:05 pm

damn thatz real messed up man that pisses me off

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » November 8th, 2004, 8:18 pm

thats the most fucked up shit ever

evileastside
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by evileastside » November 8th, 2004, 8:29 pm

Well...these streets are grimey

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » November 8th, 2004, 8:30 pm

yeh man

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » November 8th, 2004, 8:35 pm

thats kinda tru tho man but the thing is id be down for the gang and then one day massacre those hoes that did that

evileastside
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by evileastside » November 8th, 2004, 8:36 pm

Fuc that...

Bust a 007 mission, rescue her, then serve them niggas

fistfullofboomstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by fistfullofboomstick » November 8th, 2004, 8:38 pm

lol yeh man i can c it now, 00chris

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 9th, 2004, 1:00 am

lies by the frustrated LAPD

mission
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by mission » November 9th, 2004, 11:27 am

77thresident wrote:I read this in Chief Bratton's LAPD: State of the Department:

"The Grape Street Crips, to compel a reluctant 15-year old boy to join their gang, showed him a videotape of 11 gang members raping his 13-year old sister. He joined the next day, fearing if he did not, the gang would kill her. As one gang member said, 'kids have no choice but to belong.' "

Had anyone heard about this? Is this common?

http://www.lapdonline.org/portal/inside ... p_plan.htm
(page 106)

I have a hard time believing this, maybe his sister was a hoe and they taped it while they ran train. thats still funked up, but that shyt happens.

smokey
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by smokey » November 9th, 2004, 4:42 pm

i dont believe that shit the LAPD are some fucked up niccas

Anonymous20

Unread post by Anonymous20 » November 9th, 2004, 5:13 pm

that shits fucked up but i have a hard time believing. i mean, how r u gonna recruit somebody on your team while pushing him to someday backstab for what uve done, its not something ur gonna forget. if it were for a one time kinda thing somebody owes or something like that ok, but for recruiting a soldier? since the first day that doesnt make somebody very trustworthy u know?

evileastside
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by evileastside » November 9th, 2004, 5:59 pm

Capo wrote:that shits #%@& up but i have a hard time believing. i mean, how r u gonna recruit somebody on your team while pushing him to someday backstab for what uve done, its not something ur gonna forget. if it were for a one time kinda thing somebody owes or something like that ok, but for recruiting a soldier? since the first day that doesnt make somebody very trustworthy u know?
I believe it all...

Ask Grape2thaBone how they put him on...

He didnt catch any fade

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 9th, 2004, 6:12 pm

OK it's time for a little truth.

In any official document there is going to be a reference for things passed on in the document as fact. If you look to the bottom of the LAPD document you will find the following reference:

17 Constance L. Rice, Co-Director, Advancement Project - Los Angeles. Interview with former Grape Street Crip gang member, that included viewing of the referenced videotape. September 2004.

Go to the Advancement Project website and you will see the following:

In 1992, gang leaders throughout Los Angeles launched a remarkable set of ceasefire agreements and truces in communities ravaged by relentless gunfire and other violence fueled by crack-cocaine wars. Advancement Project's Connie Rice played a key role in supporting the truce movement, raising funds for truce programs and rallying allies from Hollywood, the world of lawyers and the ranks of law enforcement. She also facilitated dialogue between truce leaders and police, reducing the friction that threatened enforcement of the truce agreements.

So this appears to be an organization with credibility. They're not going to make this up or allow themselves to be quoted in an LAPD document if what is said isn't true. It's time to wake up and realize the world you're living in - the only real conspiracy in LA against the people is created by the gangs who recruit the next generation.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » November 11th, 2004, 3:42 pm

fistfullofboomstick wrote:thats kinda tru tho man but the thing is id be down for the gang and then one day massacre those hoes that did that
If someone fucked with my family like that, Id be a one-man gang. Theyd all die in my hands. f*ck joining a gang. I'd be like Punisher. lol

FILA
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by FILA » November 11th, 2004, 4:08 pm

How the hell did the pigs even find out about that shit if it did or did not happen?

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » November 11th, 2004, 4:16 pm

^^^^^ because people talk. That still sounds like some action movie shit though. Why is a 15 year old kid that valuable to Grape Street?
I could see if it was a feared blood member or somthin, and they wanted to make him trip on his set, and use him to their advantage. but they have 15 year old kids coming up to them every day to join. I think its bullsh*t.

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 11th, 2004, 4:21 pm

^^^ somebody with some common sense

willie is a pig its obvious, this story is complete BS

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 12th, 2004, 9:30 am

Grape - another stupid conspiracy theory about me being a "pig" is not going to solve your problems. I'm just going by what I read, and following the references therein. If trying to be intelligent makes me a pig, fine. But I want is some responsibility in my community.

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 12th, 2004, 9:32 am

By the way we all know what can go on out there, and a lot of the time it has nothing to do with 'common sense.' Yeah, the story sounds like BS. BUT LOOK AT THE DAMN REFERENCES BEHIND IT. Someone is lying - the question is who do you believe? And my point is that writing the LAPD off because their crooked is naive.

*deepsky*
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by *deepsky* » November 12th, 2004, 1:50 pm

damn,dem grapes foolz would do somethin like that .....man kpCC 4life

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » November 12th, 2004, 2:29 pm

WillieCreeper wrote:By the way we all know what can go on out there, and a lot of the time it has nothing to do with 'common sense.' Yeah, the story sounds like BS. BUT LOOK AT THE DAMN REFERENCES BEHIND IT. Someone is lying - the question is who do you believe? And my point is that writing the LAPD off because their crooked is naive.
I have a theory I live by.

belive NOTHING you hear.

HALF of what you read.

and ONLY what you see.

Grape2ThaBone
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by Grape2ThaBone » November 12th, 2004, 4:08 pm

- the question is who do you believe? And my point is that writing the LAPD off because their crooked is naive.

then u must not live in these communities

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » November 13th, 2004, 12:44 am

^ true ^

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 15th, 2004, 12:06 pm

Great. I'm glad you both agree. Now nothing needs to change in the neighborhood, because you can blame it all on the LAPD and not believe anything unless you see it. Since you are the only true members of the community, you can do anything you want, including shooting children accidently - which is OK. It's always good to see some logical thinking and revolution happening.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » November 15th, 2004, 2:13 pm

Okay, Willie.

Number one, I dont even live in LA. I live on the oposite side of the country, and even i know all about the corroption of the LAPD. That tells you somthin, right?

Secondly, I dont claim, support or belong to any gang. I stand on my own two feet and fight alone. Therefore, I dont condone any little kids getting shot, or drugs being sold, or guns being used illegaly, Nor am I responsible or at fault for that kind of thing happening.

Third, I agree that its ridiculous to blame your problems on everyone else, but accept none of it yourself. Read some of my other posts to see that.

But most of all "Willie" the govornment has been a lying, bullsh*t processing machine for a very long time, and I for one am not a sheep like yourself beliving that they want to help me or anyone else.

And as far as your beloved LAPD goes, brother.

Why dont you make a list of all the negative sh*t they have done, and been involved with. Things like, hiring admitted Blood members as police officers, unnesessary killings and beatings, the list goes on. Research it a little, and then tell me how wonderful they are.

~Krookid

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » November 15th, 2004, 3:24 pm

hell yeah i can attest to being pulled over for a broken headlight and before I know it, I'm a gang banging car thief on meth. I've been cuffed and in custody maybe 5 or 6 times for nothing. You could end up on the concrete with a DT's gun to your head at 7-11 just because he's thirsty for an arrest. Let me tell you, as bad as NYPD is supposed to be, I'm just glad I don't have to deal with the LAPD on a regular basis.

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 15th, 2004, 3:51 pm

It does tell me something that you're from the other side of the country but are willing to take such a simplistic view of the situation. If you are from the other side of the country, how do you know whether this event happened or not? I would love to get your evidence.

Whether this incident that started this whole post really happened or not - I don't know. I'm not in Grape Street. I'm open to the idea that the LAPD simplified things if it did happen - after all, this is a political document. But we are talking about a community advocacy group coming to the police and giving this information to them. Is this a truthful, real community group? I don't know. So I go look at the website, and it appears to be. If they are not, someone (someone local, not half-way across the nation) should call them out. But if they are, you cannot simply state that the LAPD is corrupt and dismiss the whole thing.

What I am certain of is that for too long we have been blaming the LAPD and the government and all kinds of outside people for our problems. There are good cops and there are bad cops. There are good people in gangs and there are bad. That complicates things, for the people in the hood and the people in the red states, so that if you're not being a coward you have to come out and look at the situation and accept responsibility.

So it's time for a little responsibility. Here's some other quotes from the LAPD report:

"In several instances, young men have been killed specifically because they have refused to join a gang."

" On October 9th, 2004 a fourteen-year-old boy riding his bicycle was killed in South Los Angeles, shot repeatedly as he begged for mercy."

"On May 25, 2004, a sailor on leave from duty in the Persian Gulf visited a Nightclub not knowing that it was a gang hangout. As the sailor was leaving, a gunman walked up and fired at least 30 shots killing him."

Is all of this LAPD fabrication? Government fabrication? Be realistic. The world is much more complicated than that - it's easy to throw up your hands and claim that nothing can be done if it's all a "lying, bullsh*t processing machine." We're constantly falling into that trap on this forum. Time to wake up.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » November 15th, 2004, 4:04 pm

Willie I personally appreciate what you're saying but we have the right to be skeptical about how crime is defined and combatted in major cities. You can fight fire all you want, but put it like this...the ones pointing the finger at corruption (the people in this thread) are not the ones you got to be worried about. They are not instigating anything but simply pointing out major faults in an organized unit. Their disbelief at a reported crime is miniscule compared to crimes committed against innocent people by both sides.

MICK
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by MICK » November 15th, 2004, 4:44 pm

^^ Thank You.

By the way Willie, I can say that event is bullsh*t because I have common sense. You dont have to agree with me, but I think that its down right stupid to say that Grape Street forced a kid who is 15 and basicly worthless to any gang other than being able to steal and sell drugs, and kidnap his sister rape her, then say, "if you don't join our gang were gonna kill your sister."

COME THE F*CK ON, BRO. think about that.

In reality, if he didnt want to be in a gang, hed get robbed and probably get his ass beat. And my point about me being on the opposite side of the country, was that even we know about the LAPD way the hell over here.

There are alot of Cubans in Miami. Thats a fact. Well you, being in California (the opposite side of the country) probably know that right?
Same thing. You dont have to be in Miami to know that.

And as far as this story being a political document,

There is no such thing as a preist who's never lied.

Whats that tell you about the media,police, government or anyone else?

Burgundy
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Burgundy » November 15th, 2004, 5:24 pm

wow. If true, that's horrible.

WillieCreeper
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by WillieCreeper » November 15th, 2004, 5:43 pm

krookid wrote:
I think that its down right stupid to say that Grape Street forced a kid who is 15 and basicly worthless to any gang ...

COME THE F*CK ON, BRO. think about that.
I did think about it. I went to the original document and looked at the references. I noticed that they seemed legit. It doesn't mean I think it happened exactly that way. As I said in my last post above.

Krookid: And my point about me being on the opposite side of the country, was that even we know about the LAPD way the hell over here.

Yes. People know about the LAPD and that there are Cubans in Miami. But being from over there, you don't know whether the police are corrupt enough not to believe a word they say, or to know the individual officers who police the 77th.

Krookid: And as far as this story being a political document,

There is no such thing as a preist who's never lied.

Whats that tell you about the media,police, government or anyone else?[/quote]

It tells me that in a complex system, there are lies and things done to bend the truth. Bratton has an incentive to bend the truth to get more cops - so this is a great 'one-line' story to make it happen. But there is no monolith media, police, government or anyone else.

Return to “Los Angeles Area News”