Teen Killed Near Cabrillo

For news related to any city in Los Angeles County area read here.
562_HOMIE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Teen Killed Near Cabrillo

Unread post by 562_HOMIE » February 25th, 2005, 10:06 pm

This murder even game me pause

Jeff Gritchen / Press-Telegram
Homicide Detective Chris Cardoza examines the clothes of a Cabrillo High junior who was shot to death a block from the Long Beach school.

Photos:
• LBPD Investigates

2/25/2005

Teen killed near Cabrillo High

Gang members spray students with gunfire near Westside police station.

By Tracy Manzer
Staff writer

LONG BEACH — Gang members unleashed an onslaught of gunfire on a group of Cabrillo High School students Thursday afternoon, killing one junior and wounding a sophomore.
The boys and their friends were attacked a couple of blocks from their high school campus and just steps from the Long Beach Police Department's West Division Patrol Station. It was about 1:30 p.m., not long after the Westside campus had let students out for the day, and the sidewalk and streets were filled with passers-by and motorists, said Sgt. David Cannan, a Long Beach Police Department spokesman.

"The fact that they would do this across from the (police) station, in the middle of the day with all these people around, goes to show the type of personalities we're dealing with," the sergeant said. "This was beyond brazen."

As the shots rang out, Cannan said, officers in the West Division Station ran out onto Santa Fe Avenue to find complete chaos. People were running in all directions and screaming. Although police locked down the neighborhood, the shooter or shooters were able to run away, Cannan said.

Witnesses told police that a group of Cabrillo students, fewer than 10, were walking down Parade Street toward Santa Fe when the pack of gang members confronted them. The two groups exchanged heated words and then at least one of the gangsters pulled out a gun and began to open fire.

It was not yet known if the victims, or any of their friends, had any gang connections, Cannan said.

Bullet holes and shell casings littered Santa Fe near Parade and south to Pacific Coast Highway. It appeared as though the gunman or shooters continued to fire rounds at the students as they ran for their lives.

The 11th-grader who was slain ran south on Santa Fe and collapsed just before reaching PCH, in front of a Winchell's on the northeast corner, Cannan said. His blood-soaked clothing lay crumpled in a heap on the sidewalk where paramedics left them after cutting the boy out of the garments to treat his wounds.

His friend, who is in the 10th grade, ran across Santa Fe and crumpled in the parking lot of a McDonald's on the northwest corner of the intersection, the sergeant said.

"I heard shots and yelling, I didn't see anything," said Maria Luz, who was at the McDonald's when the shooting broke out. "It looked like one of the boys was shot here in the parking lot."

Both of the boys, neither of whom was identified by police Thursday night, were taken to Long Beach Memorial Medical Center where the junior was pronounced dead. The sophomore was expected to survive, Cannan said.

Traffic on Santa Fe and Parade was shut down for more than eight hours as police picked through the sprawling crime scene. Investigators from the Homicide, Gang and Juvenile Details combed the area along with patrol officers from the West Division.

More than a dozen witnesses were taken to the auditorium at Cabrillo High where police interviewed them one by one before releasing the teens to the custody of their parents and letting the adults leave. About 20 people were in the auditorium, including police, adult witnesses in the neighborhood and students who saw the melee, said Chris Eftychiou, the Long Beach Unified School District spokesman.

Today, additional counselors will be brought in to speak with students, he said. A strong police presence will also be made to ensure the kids' safety, Cannan said.

A Poly High School student was arrested on Jan. 31 for attempted murder after he allegedly tried to shoot a fellow student following an after-school fight about three blocks from the downtown campus.

And Cabrillo has been the site of problems in the past with students erupting into a lunchtime brawl in early January. That incident ended with the school being closed early for the day and the arrest of three students. A fight that broke out just two hours after school was dismissed, and just two blocks from the campus, resulted in a fourth teen being arrested.

Police, however, said the gunman or shooters in Thursday's rampage were not students, but local gang members. The motive for the attack remains under investigation, Cannan added.

Anyone with information about the slaying is asked to call the Homicide Detail at (562) 570-7244.

— Staff writer Kristopher Hanson contributed to this report.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Teen Killed Near Cabrillo

Unread post by Individual » February 28th, 2005, 6:13 pm

I saw this on the news the other day

what gang dumped on these foos??

and where the foos gangstas or just regular peeps..??

562_HOMIE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562_HOMIE » February 28th, 2005, 11:29 pm

it's a real complicated deal, you know don't believe everything you see and hear on TV. My reliable source tells me that the black teen was bangin WCC and he ended up gettin smoked by WSL. He allegedly snitched on someone and kept passin by the WSL hang out and WSL. WSL has never put up with this type on nonsense and never will. Plus, since the begining of this year they recently had a new injunction placed on them. It basicly covers half the WestSide so they're pretty pissed off. I feel for him because he had a 8 month baby on the way, some of my friends knew him. I know who the trigger person was but you know, what goes around comes around.

Individual
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Individual » February 28th, 2005, 11:34 pm

Yea

damn..

media dont always know the facts

kidlocc700
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by kidlocc700 » March 12th, 2005, 10:42 am

if you dont wanna read the hole thing.. basically the "hood" story is..

Williams family says hes not a banger. But police say hes on the Gang file with "west coast crips"
he gets hit up by the WS Longos..
ALOT OF SHOTS FIRED... (Not longos dumpin by themselves)
Williams crawls to the corner of Pacific and Santa Fe and dies ACROSS THE STREET FROM THE POLICE STATION.
and the CHIEF of the WS long beach police station HIDES IN WINCHELLS (NOT A LIE ITS BEEN REPORTED IN THE PRESS TELEGRAM)..

aint that a bitch?
fuck the police.

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » April 8th, 2005, 10:17 am

Fucc CHONGO's
Rest In Peace Lil Homey
WEST COAST ROLLING 80's
SNOWMAN!!!!

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » April 8th, 2005, 10:28 am

Them Chongo's tried to serve me at that TACO BELL plenty of times never made there hit.
But I know one of them fags got snatched into my Caddy one night I dragged his fag ass head first into the Telephone pole. My lil homiez from 20's was in the car with me at the time I made it a habit to dump on them fags weekly.
ROLLER COASTER's
80's and 20's 100 percent CHONGO KILLAS
RIP Lil Nucc,Lil C-DOGG,Lil Bulldog,40oz, and anyone else I missed from my set.

562_HOMIE
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 562_HOMIE » April 9th, 2005, 1:42 pm

SnowmanW/S wrote:Fucc CHONGO's
Rest In Peace Lil Homey
WEST COAST ROLLING 80's
SNOWMAN!!!!

I don't know if your tryin to diss me w/ the RIP but I don't bang ya I might have been caught in that street mentality when I was a kid but I never followed it. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought WCC and TC had beef?

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » April 9th, 2005, 5:46 pm

Naw, CUZZ I'm saying R.I.P to the homey my my blocc.
And what's TC???
As always FUCC CHONGO's.

SnowmanW/S
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SnowmanW/S » April 9th, 2005, 5:57 pm

My bad Cuzzing I know what you mean now. Naw CUZZ you have some homiez from both sets that are made cool then you have homiez that really don't like each other.
Our beef is really head up beef no killings between us.
Unlike 20's and Insane,and 80's and Insane beef both 20's and 80's killed Insane's before. So that beef is forever going on.
Shit you have to look back at East Side Chongo and West Side Chongo's
If the Mexican Mafia didn't pimp they asses into a truce they would still be warring and that North Side Chongo set wouldn't even be around a 1992 set for real.
I hope one day that the LONG BEACH CRIP card would form and stay together so we don't have to watch our baccs from other LBC's and just focus on CHONGO's.

jesuschrist
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by jesuschrist » September 14th, 2007, 6:49 pm

SnowmanW/S wrote:My bad Cuzzing I know what you mean now. Naw CUZZ you have some homiez from both sets that are made cool then you have homiez that really don't like each other.
Our beef is really head up beef no killings between us.
Unlike 20's and Insane,and 80's and Insane beef both 20's and 80's killed Insane's before. So that beef is forever going on.
Shit you have to look back at East Side Chongo and West Side Chongo's
If the Mexican Mafia didn't pimp they asses into a truce they would still be warring and that North Side Chongo set wouldn't even be around a 1992 set for real.
I hope one day that the LONG BEACH CRIP card would form and stay together so we don't have to watch our baccs from other LBC's and just focus on CHONGO's.
LONGOS KILLEDA GANG OF YOUR HOMIES/WHY YOU HATE THEM?

Return to “Los Angeles Area News”