Memo to Young Black Men

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 23rd, 2006, 10:40 am

Invincible wrote:"Still, employers are averse to taking risks on black applicants, whom they perceive to have criminal tendencies, the study says. "

Just a perception? So Blacks don't commit more crimes per capita than whites?

A couple of factors that work against young black men is their portrayal in the media as gangsters, thugs and rappers on the fringes of society, "

So the media creates the perception that blacks commit more crimes...

"...and the fact that more black men are going to prison than college, according to a report by the U.S. Justice Department."

So, they do commit more crimes? I am confused. Sorry.
Yes per capita blacks do commit more crimes than whites.Due to literally being blocked from a legitimate way to earn enough money to live.Its a cycle that doesnt stop...whites oppresss blacks because they feel they are superior and blacks deserve low class treatment,blacks commit mostly non violent,economic based crimes because of ths oppression,whites legitimize oppressing blacks because of crime,more blacks in prison, and on and on.

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 23rd, 2006, 10:41 am

well,discrimination is also a crime,but it goes mostly unpunished,so I dont know weather blacks do ''commit more'' crime than whites.All the ''throw his application away'' ''nah dont rent to him'' descisions made millions of times by whites everyday go under the radar.Nobody seems to see it but blacks.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 23rd, 2006, 11:59 am

Invincible wrote:that guy in 12 seconds into the clip is who I was talking about sayigng he wont have a chance when he gets parolled:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Db8Vdj4PCH8

he looks alot worse once he stands up and his whole body is int atoosincluding sides of his face/neck.
That's HIS choice again. He chooses to make himself stand out. That has NOTHING to do with the color of his skin. The fact is people of color today still get looked at differently then a white person. Sure, someone can dress up and make themselves look "gangsta" or try to stand out wearing certain colors, anyone can do that white, brown, black whatever. At the end of the day though, a person of color regardless of how well they dress will more then likely get a different reaction from an employer then a white person. This white guy you keep posting made a choice to make himself look like that, a person of color doesn't have that choice.

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » November 23rd, 2006, 12:00 pm

Invincible wrote:"true story: one of my dad's friends, a local teamsters official, walked into a gas station during a robbery in progress, the robber, who was black, looked at him, said, "So long white MF..." then shot him and left. The guy is fine now but he still has the bullet in him."
Thanks for your pointless story. Honestly, if you're going to copy and paste stuff every post do us all a favor and back it up with an actual source. Saying "a mexican told me this" or "I read this some where" or "some guy told me this from another forum" gives you little to no credit.

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 23rd, 2006, 12:43 pm

madmiddle wrote:
johnnny wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
johnnny wrote:
WIP wrote:This is what they want you to see. TV and Movies only depict black man as dummys. The person who wrote the article sounds like a typical sheep who gets their culture from television. They wouldnt ever know the black male living in a jacked up neighborhood. Cleaning businesses to pay tuition to junior college. A brother with a bus pass really aint appealing to some. But they will throw the gold grill gangsta in bright a$$ colors in your face all day. Ice Cube said it best "this is what they think about you." Blacks men are depicted one dimentional and maybe thats a good thing. So that they dont exploit the ones who are truly tryin to get out the funk.
-i have a bus pass :D
-i payed for my own tuiton and braces out of my own pocket, my folks didnt help shit, if i was working part time i had two part time jobs - now i just have a full time job and school :?
-but i get no sympathy cause im white, but what doesnt kill you makes you stronger
I hear THAT
:o
They dont seem to understand having a job and ''struggling'' versus living in a society that seeks to keep you unemployed,giving the minority that do have jobs (mostly) unlivable wages.Its a pretty bleak future for black men unless some drastic shit happens,its pretty clear that white folks cant/dont want to see that there is seriously something evil and wrong with the current system.
-by "they" are you reffering to me? cause im not trying to keep you down and outta the community
-what im saying is that my struggle is still a struggle to live, just like it is for the black man in the ghetto
-in some cases my struggle to make rent, tuiton and other expenses are the same as most black people i know, we all go to school and got jobs whats the difference?
-there should be some drastic action, but the senate or congress wont pass any bill (the average joe) (me) drafts up, so what can i do ???
-and when the government takes some drastic action could you tell them to lower taxes please

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » November 25th, 2006, 1:52 am

Invincible wrote:"Why black people scare me

Because if they rob me for a quarter, I never know if they're going to shoot me or not.

That's the scary factor.

White guy robs you, chances are that you'll live through the ordeal.

Black guys are too unpredictable. They may shoot you...they may not. Who #%@&#%@ knows. It could be based on money...like if you only have 10 bucks, they might shoot you for not having enough money.

Or if you have too much, like 500, they might shoot you too for having too much (not wanting to get caught for a greater offense). So it's like best to have the right amount of money in your wallet, like maybe 80 bucks. Enough to make them happy enough not to shoot you, but not enough for it to be too serious a crime. "

Stay that way. I hope you have a long life and die paranoid.

WIP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by WIP » November 25th, 2006, 1:59 am

madmiddle wrote:
johnnny wrote:
Christina Marie wrote:
johnnny wrote:
WIP wrote:This is what they want you to see. TV and Movies only depict black man as dummys. The person who wrote the article sounds like a typical sheep who gets their culture from television. They wouldnt ever know the black male living in a jacked up neighborhood. Cleaning businesses to pay tuition to junior college. A brother with a bus pass really aint appealing to some. But they will throw the gold grill gangsta in bright a$$ colors in your face all day. Ice Cube said it best "this is what they think about you." Blacks men are depicted one dimentional and maybe thats a good thing. So that they dont exploit the ones who are truly tryin to get out the funk.
-i have a bus pass :D
-i payed for my own tuiton and braces out of my own pocket, my folks didnt help shit, if i was working part time i had two part time jobs - now i just have a full time job and school :?
-but i get no sympathy cause im white, but what doesnt kill you makes you stronger
I hear THAT
:o
They dont seem to understand having a job and ''struggling'' versus living in a society that seeks to keep you unemployed,giving the minority that do have jobs (mostly) unlivable wages.Its a pretty bleak future for black men unless some drastic shit happens,its pretty clear that white folks cant/dont want to see that there is seriously something evil and wrong with the current system.
The funny thing is I could care less about a white persons opinion on this. Why even comment when you created the problem. I guess they just have to get some things off their chest. Because they cant get it off their conscious..

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 25th, 2006, 3:30 am

Its true the system is unfair, but what are blacks doing to change the cycle of oppression?

NICKELS
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by NICKELS » November 25th, 2006, 5:43 am

frozen fire wrote:Its true the system is unfair, but what are blacks doing to change the cycle of oppression?
marrying white people......and entertaing them through music & sports " tap dance brotha , tap dance "

ahahahahah :lol:

Invincible
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by Invincible » November 25th, 2006, 7:19 am

madmiddle wrote:
Invincible wrote:"Still, employers are averse to taking risks on black applicants, whom they perceive to have criminal tendencies, the study says. "

A couple of factors that work against young black men is their portrayal in the media as gangsters, thugs and rappers on the fringes of society, "

"...and the fact that more black men are going to prison than college, according to a report by the U.S. Justice Department."

Yes per capita blacks do commit more crimes than whites.Due to literally being blocked from a legitimate way to earn enough money to live.Its a cycle that doesnt stop...whites oppresss blacks because they feel they are superior and blacks deserve low class treatment,blacks commit mostly non violent,economic based crimes because of ths oppression,whites legitimize oppressing blacks because of crime,more blacks in prison, and on and on.
whites in appachia where they are dirt poor and have little opportunities sitll dont relaly commit many crimes.

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 25th, 2006, 8:40 am

Invincible wrote:
madmiddle wrote:

whites in appachia where they are dirt poor and have little opportunities sitll dont relaly commit many crimes.
Whites are in power.Youre evil,so you will always see fault within us yet none within yourselves.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » November 25th, 2006, 8:43 am

Its not that simple i think. There is fault within white society, as much as there is fault in black society. And there are many whites who recognize that.
Its not a black vs. white thing, but a ignorant vs. the knowing struggle.

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 25th, 2006, 10:17 am

WIP wrote:. Why even comment when you created the problem. I guess they just have to get some things off their chest. Because they cant get it off their conscious..
next week on the agenda i was thinking about inslaving the native americans next, pick some fights with minorities, and do what russel crowe would do when he was on south park

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 25th, 2006, 10:18 am

Sentenza wrote:Its not that simple i think. There is fault within white society, as much as there is fault in black society. And there are many whites who recognize that.
Its not a black vs. white thing, but a ignorant vs. the knowing struggle.
Its not ''as much'' fault on the black community.Whites are the ones starving people of needed economic resources,therefore they are the main party at fault.

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 25th, 2006, 10:19 am

NICKELS wrote:
frozen fire wrote:Its true the system is unfair, but what are blacks doing to change the cycle of oppression?
marrying white people......and entertaing them through music & sports " tap dance brotha , tap dance "

Lol the old join em if you cant beat them apprach, nice 8)

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 25th, 2006, 10:19 am

These are a sick,cruel people we are dealing with.

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 25th, 2006, 10:22 am

johnnny wrote:
WIP wrote:. Why even comment when you created the problem. I guess they just have to get some things off their chest. Because they cant get it off their conscious..
native americans
I dont celebrate thanksgiving because its disgusting what these monsters did to thier people.Once I got older and realized the truth about White America,I dropped alot of things (christianity,celebrating certain holidays,respecting the pledge of allegence,etc).

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 25th, 2006, 10:23 am

madmiddle wrote:These are a sick,cruel people we are dealing with.
well you keep on syaing stupid shit that im oppresing black people, when you should just say its our government and not the general white population

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 25th, 2006, 10:25 am

madmiddle wrote:
johnnny wrote:
native americans
I dont celebrate thanksgiving because its disgusting what these monsters did to thier people.Once I got older and realized the truth about White America,I dropped alot of things (christianity,celebrating certain holidays,respecting the pledge of allegence,etc).
i celebrate it up here cause for the most part we didnt do "most" of the things to the natives that the americans did , they still have there treaties were the americans abolished there treaties, were honouring our deal from 100's of years ago

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 25th, 2006, 10:35 am

NICKELS wrote:

all the black males are having half devil children with the white devil women

frozen fire
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by frozen fire » November 25th, 2006, 12:45 pm

all the black males are having half devil children with the white devil women
Not all white folks are devils, its just that the media has painted a bad picture on the black community.
it aint a good excuse i know but we our selves dont think much of the white folks either.

i think what the black community should do, is help them selves instead of waiting on the white man, and i say lets start with the schools!!

peace

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 25th, 2006, 12:52 pm

johnnny wrote:
madmiddle wrote:These are a sick,cruel people we are dealing with.
well you keep on syaing stupid shit that im oppresing black people, when you should just say its our government and not the general white population
Its the general white population because those employers that deny us jobs are everyday white people,and the people that vote these people into office are everyday white people.Everyday white people also deny and ignore segments of the population being oppressed.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 26th, 2006, 9:20 pm

Whites are in power

Of whom?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 26th, 2006, 9:50 pm

I smack whites... And laugh at there laws, regulations and policies, as they are humorous.

TeeKay
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by TeeKay » November 26th, 2006, 10:04 pm

madmiddle wrote:
Invincible wrote:
madmiddle wrote:

Whites are in power.Youre evil,so you will always see fault within us yet none within yourselves.
Is that you blackmanofhonor?

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 26th, 2006, 10:05 pm

Nah, thats not Blackmon.

SniperSVD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by SniperSVD » November 26th, 2006, 10:54 pm

there is alot of people on here who need to break the mold of "uhh omg white people are in control and i will never be on that plateau since im not white" look mutha fukka its not a black vs white or brown white or what ever white... its a rich poor thing and the longer it takes us to get money.... legal money, the longer it will be til we have our say... its not a race issue... quit blameing white people for your social and economic down falls,, cause at the end of the day your the one not solving your own personal issues in it all.
does any one want to know how mad i am?? im f00kin pissed, im the only white dude working for a hindu who will only hire indians and mexicans... hes getting money and helping out his homies setting up shops all over the place.. not one of these fukkin joints is owned by a white person or a black person.
but due to my own goals and visions,, i am not going to let my social standings and short comings as a good american citizen be my down fall .. im gonna press forward no matter the circumstances til i run the show..

madmiddle
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by madmiddle » November 27th, 2006, 5:36 am

SniperSVD wrote:there is alot of people on here who need to break the mold of "uhh omg white people are in control and i will never be on that plateau since im not white" look mutha #%@& its not a black vs white or brown white or what ever white... its a rich poor thing and the longer it takes us to get money.... legal money, the longer it will be til we have our say... its not a race issue... quit blameing white people for your social and economic down falls,, cause at the end of the day your the one not solving your own personal issues in it all.
does any one want to know how mad i am??..
Youre in denial if you think race isnt a huge factor in the United States.Yes money is involved,and its whites wanting to keep others broke,and doing so through discrimination/oppression.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » November 27th, 2006, 5:42 am

But its not like whites hold secret meetings discussing on how they can fuck the black man again on the next day.

It is more an automatical, subconscient process. And even that does not count for all whites.

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 27th, 2006, 8:00 am

madmiddle wrote:
SniperSVD wrote:there is alot of people on here who need to break the mold of "uhh omg white people are in control and i will never be on that plateau since im not white" look mutha #%@& its not a black vs white or brown white or what ever white... its a rich poor thing and the longer it takes us to get money.... legal money, the longer it will be til we have our say... its not a race issue... quit blameing white people for your social and economic down falls,, cause at the end of the day your the one not solving your own personal issues in it all.
does any one want to know how mad i am??..
Youre in denial if you think race isnt a huge factor in the United States.Yes money is involved,and its whites wanting to keep others broke,and doing so through discrimination/oppression.
You dont get it do u :roll: hes calling me a racist for having a job, own place, and i go to school, he doesnt care hes just racist

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 27th, 2006, 8:02 am

madmiddle wrote:Youre in denial
What i know minorites are being held down to higher extents in some regions then others, but having a job and living my life isnt dening anything

johnnny
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by johnnny » November 27th, 2006, 8:04 am

BlaKK wrote:
Whites are in power

Of whom?
The post office, no wonder people shoot it up

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”