Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by youngspade » May 29th, 2011, 5:47 pm

Stfu nobody cares

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » May 29th, 2011, 5:50 pm

@ themexocanchicanoloser

youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight

Unread post by youngspade » May 29th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Dis guy talks alot of bs, because im always in vegas nd even "chicanos" i mean everyone says the word 'nigga' even a guy i was kicking it with frum florencia said nigga nd wasnt like how yu put it, everyone n vegas says nigguha!!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Unread post by mayugastank » May 29th, 2011, 7:55 pm

XXX

Are you denying that chicano varrios werent around at the turn of the century? And that the varrios who were around in the 1890s-1920s arent the same VERY SAME EXACT varrios that are on the streets tonight around Socal and specifically East Los Angelos? The oldest gang in America is the DOGTOWN 13 gang going back to the 1890s. Besides them their are dozens of clickas from Pico Viejo to Otay in San Diego that go to easy 1920. In ELA their are at least a dozen gangs to the 20s. If I was on here claiming some date with a defunct gang Id have a hard time. But these varrios are active TODAY and its known they were active in the 20s. City to city upside in and around Los Angelos their are gangs that go WAY back. Their arent any other hoods/varrios anywhere else outside of El Paso with that gangster history. Talk to people from White Fence and tell them they started in the 1920s and they flip a bitch ! They claim they started in the mid 1800s. Whether thats true or not we do know they were around in the 1920s.

They are no gangs on this continent with a history like that. You say Los Angelos was underdeveloped and gang banging was non existant.....you also if I understand it correctly are insinauting that the varrios or gangs werent REALLY gangs but merely juvenile kids of chicano origina who were labeled a gang by neighborhood as in the "dogtown neigborhood" since it was around a dog pound. What is your comeback for White Fence/Canta Rana/Gerahty/Jardin/MMV/ Sotel/Soto/Temple St/Toonerville/ all varrios that were made up? named after a colonia? they didnt transform into gangs till when the 60s? What the heck were they before the zootsuit era of the 1950s? I mean were they just waiting around for 30 years till they could get a new clothing line?

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » May 30th, 2011, 4:23 am

Dude I see were your sources are coming from straight out of that cops book. Knock it off like u lived this shit and are bumping shoulders with veteranos that are schooling you.

As far aS these tattoos you speaking on with these out of town rappers, thats cartoons doing. Do u know cartoons back ground? Cartoon aka Flame was a graffiti artist from a black crew called DEF. He ran with Clever r.I.p 1987.
Your beloved tattoo artist that's tatting up these rappers was schooled by Niggas.

And think about it, not to long ago prison tattoos by chicanos were basically a naked hyna and a vato wearing and sombraro

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 30th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Cartoon.............one artist. ONE! he did what? he played on designs that were done LONG before he ever arrived! Its like saying Alicia Keyes represents everything about gospel. lol. Cartoon is oneguy who practices a style of art of a "people". Just like Victorian was an art during the renassaince. Fine Line Black and Grey is a style NEVER done before and its alot bigger then one man.

Blacks schooled no one on artistry. Its like im saying your guys hands are always on our cookie jar. If blacks were schooling anyone in art why didnt this art takeoff from harlem or the south or Atlanta? I mean why didnt these rappers develop their OWN style of artwork/inkwork?

You do know when you discount this art that your discounting what many people have labeled a new American artform. That the roots of this art are in the barrios of the southwest amongst chicanos. That it had NEVER been doen anywhere on earth amongst any other people.

The Japanese and CHicano are the most inflluential people when it comes to modern cultural based art. We arent talking about a new invention its a artform that has taken 75+ years to develop. Its grown more sophisticated due to the instruments/and ink. Both our cultures have improved tremendously on our work. But to say one man set it off? and that that one man was taught by blacks..........lol.

Hes no one. He is one of the most popular to bring it to mainstream America but their are hundreds of better artists in Los Angelos ALONE. To name a few off top Flaks Nitti.......and Nikko Hurtado. Nikko probably being considered the best tattoo artist in the WORLD. He gives lectures to top tattooist worldwide so you must be joking ........zootsuit made chicano culture NOW cartoon made chicano art and blacks taught him....lol. Like that tight strikes you guys do?lol.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 30th, 2011, 6:57 pm

xxx wrote:Dude I see were your sources are coming from straight out of that cops book. Knock it off like u lived this shit and are bumping shoulders with veteranos that are schooling you.

As far aS these tattoos you speaking on with these out of town rappers, thats cartoons doing. Do u know cartoons back ground? Cartoon aka Flame was a graffiti artist from a black crew called DEF. He ran with Clever r.I.p 1987.
Your beloved tattoo artist that's tatting up these rappers was schooled by Niggas.

And think about it, not to long ago prison tattoos by chicanos were basically a naked hyna and a vato wearing and sombraro

There arent no veteranos capable of schooling me because theyd have to be 120 years or so old. Ive known veteranos in their 70s and many many in and around ELA in their 50+. But thats only half the age of the oldest gangs and theyd have joined when they were toddlers. What Im saying is that it goes back way back before the internet/gang culture/ and modern America.

How is a veterano supposed to school me on his history when he wouldve only heard it from others who were around 40-50 years before him. Its not like he a African American banger who started a big gang and sits on death row. ALL OUR OGs are dead buried 50 years or so. We dont have anyone to ask how it started. They are all buried. What we do know is that the earliest dates we have for these varrios go back to cowboy days......and that the spring really loaded in the 1920s as a mollywhop gang of varrios sprang up then. At least 10 in ELA who go that far back.

You find me one black gang anywhere in the USA who is older then 1950 and Id be surprised.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » May 30th, 2011, 7:02 pm

Alot of my history and my sources are first hand. Alot actually came from black bangers.Old ass ones. I knew first generation crips from the area around eastlake and dogtown. They readily admitted that they liked the chicano getdown and patterned themselves after chicanos. They did so without any animosity or apprehension.....in conversation......like YEAH, eses had that cool brim and lowriders and we thought it looked tight banging we changed it up and gave us our stilo. No Big. They didnt even blink when acknowledging how they copied the getdown of the vatos from Los. Almost as if they were saying? shoot didnt everyone already know this ? I mean dam.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » May 30th, 2011, 11:41 pm

mayugastank wrote:Alot of my history and my sources are first hand. Alot actually came from black bangers.Old ass ones. I knew first generation crips from the area around eastlake and dogtown. They readily admitted that they liked the chicano getdown and patterned themselves after chicanos. They did so without any animosity or apprehension.....in conversation......like YEAH, eses had that cool brim and lowriders and we thought it looked tight banging we changed it up and gave us our stilo. No Big. They didnt even blink when acknowledging how they copied the getdown of the vatos from Los. Almost as if they were saying? shoot didnt everyone already know this ? I mean dam.
Your credibility is no good for a combination of reasons.

You've back peddled On many of your points when challenge with facts, then u disappear and come back and recycle your old agreement that was laid to waste posts ago.

Now you say your racist bigoted add know some of crips from the dog town area that told you that they incorporated some chicanos styles in their stilo with no problem with no ego trip, but in another post u screaming that crips, BLOODS, and L.A blacks did a wholesale jack move on chicanos style, like blacks were/are walking around with hair nets, palm combs, dickies pulled up speaking Calo ese slang.

I'm trying to figure out what crips you speaking on cuz I.don't know of any crips in China town, just like rockwood being one of the oldest varrio, your a joker dude.

When pictures of crips and eses are presented on here, u totally dismiss it like were all deaf dumb and blind.

Your a dishonest dude with racial tendencies and everything you post should be considered suspect.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 1st, 2011, 12:12 am

Are you actually saying that C/Bs didnt do a wholesale jackmove? I mean red/blue-graff-tats-names/dress/cars/....................not a single city in all America with blacks got down with any of what I just named!

You do realize that only 1 out of 100 African Americans live in Los Angelos. 1% .

Every other rap video has combat boot wearing/golf hat wearing/criss cross/boyz 2 men/ brothas all thru the USA except for Los Angelos where the brothas are somehow different YET ORIGINAL? are you freaking kidding me!

What really did blacks do here that didnt originate with chicanos? What is Los Angelos culture? shoot out to Oakland and you have what African Americans ARE! Hyphy-boot wearing/pimping and hustlas.

Not no khaki wearing/tatted up /low low riding-cholo graffitied ass brotha like the ones who founded the C/B. Get real homey everything about the C/B was cold jacked off the original gangsters from Los. ESPECIALLY in the 90s. I doubt the C/B wouldve lasted into the 2010 without Ese pushing a long history of gangsterism. Every other city with black gangs faded away day to night one city made a mark.

Your the racist one you do some half ass math like labeling cartoon the inspiration of black and grey tattoos when the boy is nothing to the movement . He is well known but he really didnt invent SHIT! Your a hater -like most blacks are. 120 years of history and your actually debating that we didnt originate it all? what really did brothas do out here/ I mean really?

The whole WESTCOAST label is a cold jack move. I mean southern rappers dont look different from East Coast rappers to me. Dudes from Seattle dont look different to the guys from NYC. The clothing is dam near identical. Its only out here that brothas are an anamoly -sporting and wearing everything the vatos popped off. I mean why the fux didnt G thang pop off in hot ass North Carolina? NEw Orleans? Black ass states and citys?

You expect anyone to believe this 1% of all black America just came along and developed on its own. Blue/Red .......same colors/same gang graff/same dress/same hand signs/same tattoos/same whips/.............what really is the difference between the groups? a cornroll here and a pair of jordans instead of some running shoes? I dont get you ?

You even tried ripping off our art! zootsuit zootsuit the same lame ass no good argument.........what the hell where vatos doing for 40 years before the zootsuit.........I mean what was Gerahty/White Fence/Lomas/Aves/Tooners/Maravillas/Dogtown/Clovers/Eastlake/Clanton/Jardin what were these varrios doing? just collecting dust hoping that blacks would give them a style of clothing? waiting around 40 freaking years?

this argument is lame. What really is your point? Answer these questions? WORLDS OLDEST GANG?OLDEST ACTIVE GANG? YEAR STARTED? NATIONALITY OF THIS GANG?

end of story.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 1st, 2011, 12:20 am

As for me being racist and bigoted.

A list of things blacks have brought to underground America and fashion and music.

A whole cuisine -soulfood. Music beyond the normal in every which way....from spanish to english everything that is popular has been touched by African Americans and Africans in general.

A whole new way of playing sports. The popularity of basketball/football. A whole way of dress-( EAST COAST) big baggy wearing -gold chain wearing-puma sporting Run DMC type clothing.

A whole language in and of itself. WIth new sayings daily.

In summary a whole shitload of things..............but what they didnt bring is:

The underground art/the style of westcoast gangs and fashion/the modification of vehicles/the whole gangster culture.

Really not much when you consider the list of things they did bring-------but this XXX-and others want it all. They want every last bit of it. They hate the fact they must acknowledge they copied anything-they hate the fact that Lil Wayne is getting the entire chicano culture tattooed onto his body.

Why?

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » June 1st, 2011, 1:30 am

Are you actually saying that C/Bs didnt do a wholesale jackmove? I mean red/blue-graff-tats-names/dress/cars/....................not a single city in all America with blacks got down with any of what I just named!

BLACK GANGS DIDN'T GET RED/BLUE RAGS FROM CHOLOS. NAMES? CRIPS, BOUNTY HUNTERS, SWANS, EIGHT TRAY, ROLLIN' 60'S. ARE THOSE CHOLO SOUNDING NAMES?.

You do realize that only 1 out of 100 African Americans live in Los Angelos. 1% .

Every other rap video has combat boot wearing/golf hat wearing/criss cross/boyz 2 men/ brothas all thru the USA except for Los Angelos where the brothas are somehow different YET ORIGINAL? are you freaking kidding me!

BLACKS OUTSIDE OF L.A. AREN'T ALL THE SAME. DC, CHICAGO, ATLANTA, NY. THEY'RE ALL AS DIFFERENT FROM EACHOTHER AS THEY ARE FROM L.A.

What really did blacks do here that didnt originate with chicanos? What is Los Angelos culture? shoot out to Oakland and you have what African Americans ARE! Hyphy-boot wearing/pimping and hustlas.

BLACKS ARE HYPHY BOOT HEARING PIMPS AND HUSTLERS? OK, WHATEVER YOU SAY.

Not no khaki wearing/tatted up /low low riding-cholo graffitied ass brotha like the ones who founded the C/B. Get real homey everything about the C/B was cold jacked off the original gangsters from Los. ESPECIALLY in the 90s. I doubt the C/B wouldve lasted into the 2010 without Ese pushing a long history of gangsterism. Every other city with black gangs faded away day to night one city made a mark.

THE OLDEST BLACK GANGS IN TH U.S. TODAY ARE CHICAGO'S BLACK GANGS - GD'S, BPS, CVL'S ETC. THOSE GANGS STARTED TEN YEARS OR EARLIER THAN CRIPS AND BLOODS. THEY'RE STILL HUGE.

Your the racist one you do some half ass math like labeling cartoon the inspiration of black and grey tattoos when the boy is nothing to the movement . He is well known but he really didnt invent SHIT! Your a hater -like most blacks are. 120 years of history and your actually debating that we didnt originate it all? what really did brothas do out here/ I mean really?

The whole WESTCOAST label is a cold jack move. I mean southern rappers dont look different from East Coast rappers to me. Dudes from Seattle dont look different to the guys from NYC. The clothing is dam near identical. Its only out here that brothas are an anamoly -sporting and wearing everything the vatos popped off. I mean why the fux didnt G thang pop off in hot ass North Carolina? NEw Orleans? Black ass states and citys?

WHAT DOES THAT PROVE? L.A. IS A UNIQUE CITY FOR BLACK AMERICANS. A CITY THAT HAS A NICE, LAID BACK, CAR ORIENTED LIFESTYLE BUT A LOT OF RACISM AND SEGREGATION. IT PRODUCED A UNIQUE GANG CULTURE. THINK HOW DIFFERENT L.A. WHITES ARE FROM SOUTHERN WHITES OR EAST COAST WHITES. WHY DIDN'T NY WHITES CREATE A SURFER/SKATER CULTURE?

You expect anyone to believe this 1% of all black America just came along and developed on its own. Blue/Red .......same colors/same gang graff/same dress/same hand signs/same tattoos/same whips/.............what really is the difference between the groups? a cornroll here and a pair of jordans instead of some running shoes? I dont get you ?

BLACK GANGS IN L.A. TOOK CHOLO STYLE GRAFF AND A FEW ELEMENTS OF CHOLO STYLE. THAT'S IT.

You even tried ripping off our art! zootsuit zootsuit the same lame ass no good argument.........what the hell where vatos doing for 40 years before the zootsuit.........I mean what was Gerahty/White Fence/Lomas/Aves/Tooners/Maravillas/Dogtown/Clovers/Eastlake/Clanton/Jardin what were these varrios doing? just collecting dust hoping that blacks would give them a style of clothing? waiting around 40 freaking years?

WHAT WERE THEY DOING? GANG ACTIVITY, I GUESS. BUT THEY WEREN'T CHOLOS, CHUCOS OR ANYTHING CLOSE TO THAT. THEY WERE JUST THE MEXICAN VERSION OF THE DEAD END KIDS OR BOWERY BOYS: STREET KIDS.

this argument is lame. What really is your point? Answer these questions? WORLDS OLDEST GANG?OLDEST ACTIVE GANG? YEAR STARTED? NATIONALITY OF THIS GANG?

OLDEST GANG IN THE WORLD: SAN TOI BOYS. YEAR STARTED: 1890'S. NATIONALITY: SCOTTISH.

end of story.mayugastank
tank

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » June 1st, 2011, 6:23 am

Silencios keeps it real. Just says it how it is with no slant either way. Gotta respect that

This other dude. This young side that never participated in this life style is a joker.

He wasn't around for the 1980s or 1990s to make an opinion that can be respected.

He is going off rap videos from YouTube 20yrs after the fact.

These rappers weren't gang members they were playing Halloween. You cant judge the black gang scene of those eras based on YO MTV RAPs. Anybody that was around back then knows blacks and chicanos did not look alike or acted alike. That's why u had a term called Blaxican for folks who cross to the other side. There was a big difference.

This joker likes to put words in the next man's mouth. Everybody knows chicanos laid the foundation for many elements of the L.A gang culture, thats a given.

But no race is exempt from biting another races culture or fashion styles.

From zoot suits to the hot rod greasers to Stoners to hip hop culture to the blaxican crips/ bloods to the Mongol motor cycle club to the Goth look to these Rocka Billys you see today

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 1st, 2011, 3:46 pm

SAN TOI BOYS. YEAR STARTED: 1890'S. NATIONALITY: SCOTTISH.

so they are the worlds oldest gang? That started the same year as DOGTOWN 13? Wouldnt that be considered a tie?

You also lie when you say blacks arent the same in dress/fashion from place to place. Absoluetly false. Maybe they were gold grills in one spot and bomber jackets in another but Ive travelled and trust this they are the same all thru the south and midwest and northwest. Shoot even in Los Angelos many black bangers have dropped off on the dickies and flannels and shit.

Yeah blacks are original everywhere EXCEPT here. They started their own thing and gave themselves their own way. I just dont consider ripping off another cultures getdown and changing it up a millimiter a changing of anything. To deny that blacks top down arent using our artwork? get real. I cant tell the difference from a cholo from Los Angelos and TYGAS inkwork nor MAINOs -GAMES-JR SMITH.

This is a huge thing dude. I mean these people are sporting our identifiers. Wearing our war paint. When you ever see a chicano sport a ZULU and claim he didnt jack the figure from Africa. Its delusional.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 1st, 2011, 4:02 pm

BLACK GANGS DIDN'T GET RED/BLUE RAGS FROM CHOLOS. NAMES? CRIPS, BOUNTY HUNTERS, SWANS, EIGHT TRAY, ROLLIN' 60'S. ARE THOSE CHOLO SOUNDING NAMES?.

OKAY...........well we just came along with the same colors. Ill give everyone who says that SUR/NORTE didnt sport those colors as much as crips/bloods 100% validation. Cholos never have and still dont identify with colors. Its only banging on wax and youtube video chicano rappers that identify some colors. Blacks took the whole color thing to a new level and really banged by it far more then chicanos. If that makes everyone happy Ill admit that.

BUT......................It still does not take away from the fact that SUR/NORTE were (1) using those colors many years before C/B (2) played on those colors HEAVILY in their time in prison.

Those colors are really political in prisons amongst chicanos. Those colors represent a difference in ideology.

Nortenos :

Chicanos, Mexican Americans fighting against white oppression-political. American of Mexican descent first and Mexicans later.

Surenos:

Mexican first -American second. Criminal in nature. Apolitical. Race first. View blacks as an enemy far more then white oppression. They believe their criminal acts landed them in prison-not the system.

This ideology shows you exactly WHY . Norte is aligned with blacks and Sur with whites. The differences in mindset. The differences are on opposite ends of the spectrum. Dont be fooled by anyone who discounts the usage of red/blue. The red is really symbolic to nortenos as it represents the farm workers union. Alot of people dont know this but Nuestra Familia is at least 10 years older then the EME. So much of what transpired was done by Surenos who had no desire for a united chicano gang. They wanted dominance-control-violence. They clashed with Nortenos as they believed them to be smalltime and not whether of bearing the label gangster. The split didnt just happen it was always there. Its like a New Yorker and a redneck meeting. Big City versus Country Mexican. The term chicano was said to evolved from these indians who worked the fields not being able to prounounce the word Mexicano.....so theyd say MECHICANO, as spanish wasnt their language most spoke an Indian dialect.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » June 2nd, 2011, 1:00 am

Your traveling around in the 2000s in the hip hop internet era.

And judging us based on lil Wayne, give me a break.

Your late in the game bro.

And there was no 13 in any gang in the 1800s

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 2nd, 2011, 1:36 am

Never said their was a 13 in the 1800s. What their were was more then one varrio around then which is around now. Black Diamonds now defunct was a gang that was said to have started in the late 1800s. They didnt die out till mid 1980s. Canta Rana is said to have started in the early 1900s. I am off of name dropping cuz there are about 50 gangs or so that go to 1920 or so. So I peg the 1920s as the start of most chicano varrios in and around East Los and even the valley. Their are varrios way deep oustide Los Angelos that have thorough history.

Yeah thankfully we do have the net or we'd be labeled as new bootys'. Didnt blacks always think that before the net? Didnt they believe that in this thread? I mean before I mentioned that zootsuits were 40-50 years AFTER --numerous chicano varrios all of a sudden the play/drama changed. Go back in thsi argument and find a 100 references to zootsuits like cholos/chicanos and our style just sprang up in this era. GET PHUG OUTTA HERE. Little ass piece of history. Valderamma the notorious police officer was a hanger on of gangs and that dude is in his 70s.

Its ridicolous. Do blacks dispute Mexicans originated gang culture.....lol. How can they? they dont have 1 freaking varrio in all of America that is HALF ass old as the newest gangs in East Los Angelos. lol. ROOKIES.

Do I care about gangs ? HELL NAH. But these varrios really changed the entire modern fashion of the world and created a new artform that is tarnsforming everything it touches. TYPE in tattoos in Australia or Sweden or Italy or any western country and youll see tattoo patterns that started here in Los Angelos amongst chicanos.

Go buy any shirt today with all the graphics and youll see chicano patterns all over them. Go hit Jordans/Sean Jean/Ecko/and youll see patterns that you never saw outside of the barrios in the southwest. This art is really becoming the worlds art as much as black American music is the worlds music............thing is everyone knows who sings it................but many dont know who did the art the art they are wearing on their skin--or their shirts or their walls on posters.

You guys are 100% right when pointing the fingers at those chicanos who sold this artform for nothing or those chicanos who began tattooing our artform on every race --without consideration that is wasnt theirs to do as they wish. This artform really belonged to the entire chicano culture.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Unread post by Quepolo3 » June 2nd, 2011, 2:47 am

Go buy any shirt today with all the graphics and youll see chicano patterns all over them. Go hit Jordans/Sean Jean/Ecko/and youll see patterns that you never saw outside of the barrios in the southwest. This art is really becoming the worlds art as much as black American music is the worlds music............thing is everyone knows who sings it................but many dont know who did the art the art they are wearing on their skin--or their shirts or their walls on posters.

@Mayugastank- No disrespect playa, but we have to agree to disagree. You can bring all of the examples you want, but you have no way to know what was the first gang started in America, nor who started it. I respect your oppinions, however you went over the top with the Jordans. The Jordan symbol is an image of him dunking. How is that related to chicano culture?

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Unread post by Sentenza » June 2nd, 2011, 5:09 am

@Mayuga: Here are some of the oldest gangs in the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roach_Guards

The Dead Rabbits were a gang in New York City in the 1850s, and originally were a part of the Roach Guards. The name has a second meaning rooted in Irish American vernacular of NYC in 1857. The word "Rabbit" is the phonetic corruption of the Irish word ráibéad, meaning "man to be feared". "Dead" was a slang intensifier meaning "very".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Rabbits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bowery_Boys

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 3rd, 2011, 9:58 pm

At least as long as the Dead rabbits 4 corner boyz and other Italian/Irish gangs in NYC are the gangs of East Los Angelos. Most Irish-Italian gangs died off. The Italians like mexicans on the westcoast have THOROUGH banging history. Their present day mafias were around way back and the majority of their street gangs were branches off the mafia. They get their respect they brought alot. They actually have a culture were gangs/secret societys and such are one and the same.

All the modern gangs in America have died out and been reborn many times. Only in East Los and amongst chicanos in California is banging and styles of banging multigenerational. The gangs that were around in 1900 and early are in MOST cases around TODAY. RIGHT NOW. THIS MINUTE. ON THE SAME STREETS. THEY WERE IN 1900!!!!!

Which is why chicanos have developed an entire culture out of it. With signs/writing/tattoo styles/speak/dress/vehicles/code and much much more. Modern America and blacks have taken HEAVILY from it to give the world its fashion. Not the USA THE WORLD.

The entire world is wearing tattoo patterns that took 100 years for an oppressed people to develop. They wear it on their shirts/skateboards/shoes/and body without so much of a thought as to the history that made it happen. A race of people sought to fight racist aggression thru pictures................YOU and THEY DO NOT GET TO WEAR OUR SHIT ............WITHOUT ASKING.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » June 5th, 2011, 10:23 am

Lol@ not asking!

Who was suppose ask who for what?

This kid is all emotional and irrational over a subject he never participated in. Never did a prison drawling, never did a Tat, never bang, never did nothing that has to do with this shit, but he's claiming this shit is his pounding with chest like someone stole something from him personally.

SMFH

I just now went to the beginning of this thread. Were beating a dead dog here. Same agruements from day one, nothing has changed the extremists haven't given and inch.

This thread had ran its course.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » June 6th, 2011, 12:27 pm

mayugastank wrote:Alot of my history and my sources are first hand. Alot actually came from black bangers.Old ass ones. I knew first generation crips from the area around eastlake and dogtown. They readily admitted that they liked the chicano getdown and patterned themselves after chicanos. They did so without any animosity or apprehension.....in conversation......like YEAH, eses had that cool brim and lowriders and we thought it looked tight banging we changed it up and gave us our stilo. No Big. They didnt even blink when acknowledging how they copied the getdown of the vatos from Los. Almost as if they were saying? shoot didnt everyone already know this ? I mean dam.
When were there ever Crips around Eastlake or the DT pj's? Im born in raised and still go down that side to see family. There are NO blk gangs in that area.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 7th, 2011, 12:43 pm

xxx wrote:Lol@ not asking!

Who was suppose ask who for what?

This kid is all emotional and irrational over a subject he never participated in. Never did a prison drawling, never did a Tat, never bang, never did nothing that has to do with this shit, but he's claiming this shit is his pounding with chest like someone stole something from him personally.

SMFH

I just now went to the beginning of this thread. Were beating a dead dog here. Same agruements from day one, nothing has changed the extremists haven't given and inch.

This thread had ran its course.

xxx-

I didnt and havent? I know my peoples art intimately. Im an artist. You accuse me of not having participated or done some prison time or gangbanged or killed my own people for a block I dont own. Thanks for the compliments! Maybe you misunderstood my arguments on what I claim as "OURS". I do not care one iota about banging-everyone I knew and everyone related to me were gangsters, in my case it was actually harder to not gangbang then it was to join!!lol.

My argument has been primarily to do with the art/fashion and styles the Mexican American chicano has made up. I like clothes/cars/women and inkwork.......their my life, my hobbies. The clean cut short haired/shiny whip/black and grey inked up and amazing patterns and styles my people have made up. We created most of modern American street culture today. Blacks-Asians-Whites with no respect whatsoever just get our ink tattooed on them without even acknowledging the history.

This art started amongst my people -in prisons, they sought to keep their manhood-fought tyranny with symbols. Took everything whites sought to humiliate them by and turned it all around into a culture in its own right. Give us oversized pants, we will crease them up wear them higher and make them look good.

Racism is what made the styles what they are. My people fought this racism thru silent opposition in the face of an overwhelming enemy. We developed thousands of pictures/symbols/and patterns on our skin and wore a unique form of clothing to let it be known "that we dont want to be nothing like YOU!"

You believe your people and asians and whites now just get to wear our shit without acknowledging or doing their homework. Not only that you and African Americans in general have lock-stock and barrel labeled everything only we EVER did WESTCOAST and brood swiped my entire cultures struggle into some hiphop BS then turned around and tried claiming you didnt. Sporting our ink with no respect. We dont do anything you do.....why? because when we say we love being us we actually believe it.

Who really gives a dam. Just bow down and admit the shit. Stop acting like its a regional thing when you know dam well that its a Chicano thing. Freaking haterz. You dont hear me on hear claiming to have started rap/motown/jazz/hyphy movement/gold grills/ebonics. Shit you people even want to claim you started CALO. lol. Dumbasses.

Crips and Bloods =Mexican lite Sureno and Norteno WANNABEES. We have at the minium 50 years of history on you jsut stop the BULL. Your people are NEW BOOTYS.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 7th, 2011, 12:49 pm

AztecNinja wrote:
When were there ever Crips around Eastlake or the DT pj's? Im born in raised and still go down that side to see family. There are NO blk gangs in that area.

FRom my understanding most the crips started in that area. Dogtown crips were from an OGs recollections one of the first gangs around that time to have crip label. I guess that area is the starting point for many modern black gangs. They eventually migrated away from that area but figure.......crips start in the same area as the worlds oldest gang. The DOGTOWN gang is undoubtedly the worlds oldest living gang. But many gangs in that area are the origins of all modern gang culture. If we look to modern gang culture their is no doubt it started right around eastlake and DT .

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 7th, 2011, 12:58 pm

xxx wrote:Your traveling around in the 2000s in the hip hop internet era.

And judging us based on lil Wayne, give me a break.Your late in the game bro.

And there was no 13 in any gang in the 1800s

Not judging you solely on LIL WAYNE. Im also judging you on............TYGA-JR SMITH-ICE CUBE-DRE-SNOOP-WAK-MAINO-KID CUDDY-50 cent-THE GAME-and a thousand other black rappers/artists/ballers who right now are wearing a style of tattooing known as fine line black and grey that originated amongst MExican American street gangs. The people I just mentioned could be considered cholos-around here. They 100% cold jacked my peoples artwork and placed it on their bodies.

I am also judging you on G THANG-REAL MOTHA FUCKING Gs-TUPACS thuglife tattoo-The whole red/blue, khaki wearing gang banging black dude from around Socal that sought to bite all the styles of the chicano and sell them to the world as if they didnt steal it all.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » June 7th, 2011, 1:08 pm

Crips didn't start in no goddamn eastlake, DTP. Yo lyin ass again that's why u destroy ur arguements with blatant lies.

AztecNinja
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Gabriel

Unread post by AztecNinja » June 7th, 2011, 2:02 pm

perongregory wrote:Crips didn't start in no goddamn eastlake, DTP. Yo lyin ass again that's why u destroy ur arguements with blatant lies.
+1, do some of you even know the city of Los? Eastlake is in Lincoln Heights in Northeast LA, DT is close over there by Chinatown but I still consider them NELOS. There NEVER were any blk gangs around there and I doubt LHTS,Clover,ELake boys,DTR would ever, EVER allow that. I dont mean that in a racist sense but it is what it is. Blks probably dont even make up 1% of the population in NELOS.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » June 7th, 2011, 8:21 pm

mayugastank wrote:

FRom my understanding most the crips started in that area. Dogtown crips were from an OGs recollections one of the first gangs around that time to have crip label. I guess that area is the starting point for many modern black gangs. They eventually migrated away from that area but figure.......crips start in the same area as the worlds oldest gang. The DOGTOWN gang is undoubtedly the worlds oldest living gang. But many gangs in that area are the origins of all modern gang culture. If we look to modern gang culture their is no doubt it started right around eastlake and DT .
Lol @ this dude

Credibility GONE!

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » June 8th, 2011, 11:45 am

mayugastank wrote:FRom my understanding most the crips started in that area. Dogtown crips were from an OGs recollections one of the first gangs around that time to have crip label. I guess that area is the starting point for many modern black gangs. They eventually migrated away from that area but figure.......crips start in the same area as the worlds oldest gang. The DOGTOWN gang is undoubtedly the worlds oldest living gang. But many gangs in that area are the origins of all modern gang culture. If we look to modern gang culture their is no doubt it started right around eastlake and DT .
LOL!!! You are way off on this one homie.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » June 8th, 2011, 12:29 pm

Yeah dude is on another planet. Crips started in dogtown, rockwood is the oldest barrio.

We has to ask somebody to get permission to get a tattooed.

Crazy dude. Thatsike saying you need permission to listen to r &b or rap.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 8th, 2011, 3:26 pm

perongregory wrote:Crips didn't start in no goddamn eastlake, DTP. Yo lyin ass again that's why u destroy ur arguements with blatant lies.

Once again the ability to read correctly is paramount in a discussion especially in written form. The ability to also not resort to name calling when faced with overwhelming evidence contrary to your beliefs is also known as an ability inherent in most men of stature. You young lady have insulted me every time you disagree with me.

What I said and meant was that Crips were around as "told to me" by older original crips in that area around that time. They may or may not have been the original crips. This is what is known as "hearsay" and I heard him say ............that Dogtown or East Side crips were started around this area. The crip label wasnt strong in the early 1970s and they used the term crip...as it was starting to become a popular gang and terminology for differing gangs in Los Angelos. This is hearsay I have no way of proving it. However it seems to contain truth. BUT again it came from others.

Once again what we do KNOW FOR A FACT.

Dogtown 13 WORLDS OLDEST GANG.
1%...............................................The percentage of all African Americans in the USA who have lived or resided in the city of angels.
100%............................................The percentage of similarities of black and chicano gangs in Los Angelos especially during the 1990s.
0% ..............................................The percentage of any black youth/black gang across the USA who resemble their African American brothers in Los Angelos.
100%............................................The likiehood that the only reason African Americans are so different out here is because they STOLE-APPROPRIATED everything about the chicano banger.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » June 8th, 2011, 3:36 pm

xxx wrote:Yeah dude is on another planet. Crips started in dogtown, rockwood is the oldest barrio.

We has to ask somebody to get permission to get a tattooed.

Crazy dude. Thatsike saying you need permission to listen to r &b or rap.

Well when did I say Rockwood was the oldest gang? I named about 20 others with roots to the 1920s.AND OR FURTHER. Rockwood "as was told to me" was a gang that died off and rebirthed from East Los. Its happened more then once. I mean we have varrios that are on average 90 years old around here on every block.

As far as permission slips. How many times have I heard that chicano rappers were fake/goofy/stupid/gay. How many times have whites been told not to sing-dress-or dance like blacks? Elvis? RocknRoll being stolen from blacks? Vanilla Ice?

Its only when people try to steal from yours that anyone needs permission. Your people latched on to all types of music/dancing/clothes and labeled it part of your culture that ONLY YOU should be able to listen to or dance to ...........in Denver groups of black youths were jumping anyone who wasnt black who dared trespass onto a hiphop clubs premises.

You fake tattoo copying no good lying piece of garbage. Just go wear some combat boots and a golf visor with some gold grills. Run around with "crews" and not gangs weeny ass cultural thieving WESTCOAST label jacking piece of trash. Its only wrong when your people have things they do appropriated. Sick punk. New Booty claiming fake ass red burning-lowrider using piece of dog shit.

You get to label everyone imitators but your entire WESTCOAST culture ( lol westcoast...dont ya mean CHICANO?) is an imitation ....with your 1970 gangs. Dont say its chicanos pulling your cards cuz it really isnt its me. I got on here and read the delusional posts on some 1950 linking chicano varrios to zootsuit BS. 1950........lol. Aint hardly any varrios in ELA that started in 1950.............thats new booty around here.

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”