Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
tahjae
What city do you live in now?: portland

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??

Unread post by tahjae » December 1st, 2008, 7:00 pm

Silencioso wrote:STUPIDEST STATEMENT OF THE YEAR:and another thing chicanos borrowed from us was our skin color.cause technoly we are the real brown people.we come in all shades of brown.
that's funny how you highlighted a sentence,but couldn't speak on the whole statement!

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » December 1st, 2008, 7:06 pm

i called the dum comment a dumb ass not mexicans

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Re: Re:

Unread post by ~J~ » December 1st, 2008, 10:40 pm

tahjae wrote:and another thing chicanos borrowed from us was our skin color.cause technoly we are the real brown people.we come in all shades of brown.
No offense but I'm sure Silencioso said that because, this is got to be one of the most off the wall remarks I've ever heard. Chicanos aren't the only Brown people, and yes a lot of Blacks are Brown, however African-Americans are called Black for a reason, ever seen an African with Black skin? granted, a lot of people of color do to mixing aren't as pure as they once were way back when.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » December 2nd, 2008, 3:27 am

pistolslanga wrote:

yea....

ese's today are dressing up as the shyt blacks popularized in the 80s/early 90s,pendletons and khakis with chucks/houseshoes etc....

fact is..

blacks make shyt look good, whatever the blacks popularize, the eses and whtieboys are gonna hop on that shyt.....
Blacks and everyone else wears white t-shirts. Brothas generally wear their clothes one way and real Cholos wear it another way. the thing is, Blacks may have popularized the fashion to mainstream America but Boulevard Nights was out a decade before Colors. Bloods and Crips borrowed from the Cholo style of the 80's which is some of things you're mentioning, but times have certainly changed and a lot of these nowadays Cholos are dressing more and more with the 80's and 90's Crips flavor of dress.

Vincetheprince
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Riverside

Unread post by Vincetheprince » December 2nd, 2008, 5:06 pm

ya but some sureno gangs dress the oldies way with the hats and shit, like cb has some varrios that dress that way

Chuccky
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: MURDER VILLE

Unread post by Chuccky » December 15th, 2008, 6:48 pm

blacks didnt copy shit from mexicans blacks been driving low lows since day one . why do you think black people run the latest fashion trends and music now adays you every heard history repeats its self we always was the coolest mutha fuckas we started urban culture

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » December 18th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Chuccky wrote:blacks didnt copy shit from mexicans blacks been driving low lows since day one . why do you think black people run the latest fashion trends and music now adays you every heard history repeats its self we always was the coolest mutha fuckas we started urban culture
Sure, whatever you say guy.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re:

Unread post by mayugastank » January 7th, 2009, 10:12 pm

TheReal wrote:
Old Shatterhand wrote:I'll say that the do-rag (a simple piece of cloth tied at the back used to cover the head) was in use from the 1930s to the 1960s by African American men to hold chemically processed hair-dos in place while they slept and that originally they were made from pieces of handkerchief, bandannas, or women's stockings (now they are made from polyester).

But the first gangs in this country to fly a common colored bandana were the cowboy gangs of the 1800's such as the one that the Earps finally put an end to. Also there were union men in the coal strikes who wore red bandanas around their necks and arms as part of an informal uniform.

As for modern streetgangs in Southern California flying red and blue, the Mexicans were flying bandanas in the joint in the fifites and on the streets in the sixties, despite what a single correctional officer (there are over 30,000 correctional officers in the state) said about the facility he worked in, and Mexicans had certainly worn them in the fields before that.

And research is still being conducted but it appears some gangs, such as Maravilla may date back further than the 1920s.
I thought the Maravilla gang only goes back to the 30's?

Furthermore, I have pictures of my relatives from my mother's side of the family, namely my great grandfather, who in a photo, taken in 1914, was wearing a dark bandanna headkerchief. I couldn't tell whether or not it was blue, black, or red, seeing as how the photo was in black and white.

Now in regards to mexicans wearing rags back in the sixties and fifties, as well as in the fields before that-I did stress in my post that everyone, including white folks, who were going to wear bandannas, were only going to wear bandannas that were either blue, or red, because these were the only colors available at the time. My relatives, who were field worker in the thirties, forties and fifties, would sport either a blue, or red bandanna, but they would mostly wear hats over these bandannas.

I also have photos of relatives, who would sport bandannas, either blue, or red, to maintain their process, which you were correct about.

Moreover, just check out any old photos of slaves, and you will see them wearing headkerchiefs, and the like.

But anyways, the point of me highlighting the bandanna thing, was to place emphasis on when this item (the bandanna) became a gang identifier. Mexicans in the Cali penal system, during the 50's and 60's, may have sported the bandanna, but did they sport it as a gang identifier, or did they just sport it, just to be sporting it?

THE OLDEST GANG IN CALIFORNIA IS THE ALPINE STREET GANG( 1909) THAT STILL EXISTS TODAY, ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN GOBBLED UP BY THE AVENUES, CLOVER-AND DOGTOWN....................TO SAY THAT BLACKS STARTED LA GANG CULTURE IS A FUCKIN JOKE ---YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE WILL TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST WHITE RACIST AGGRESSION...........SEE HERES THE THING -I REALIZE MY PEOPLE BORROWED FROM THE SPANIARDS AND THAT THE MEXICAN CULTURE IS A FALSE ONE -THE TRUE MEXICAN CULTURE IS AZTEC-MAYAN AND THE LIKE AN INDIAN CULTURE-NOT THE FALSE SPANIARD INFLUENCED CULTURE. BUT WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN CULTURE -BLENDED WHAT WE HAVE AND CREATED A UNIQUE EAST LA CHICANO CULTURE THAT HAS BEEN COPIED THROUGHOUT THE USA...........CHUCKS,DICKIES,SHAVED HEADS , GANGSTEROUT TATTOED ON THE FACE -BLASTED BACK ON THE STOMACHE GANG TATTS---REPING YOUR AREA CODE(PRISON CHICANOS WOULD GET THE DIGITS YEARS BEFORE ANY NIG EVEN THOUGHT IT UP -I REMEBER NIGZ IN TEH JUVENILE KINDA POKING FUN AT THE HOMIES FOR GETING 213 TATTED ON THEM)--BACK IN 93, MAN WE STARTED EVERYTHING THAT BLACKS ARE DOING IN AMERICA TODAY -----THEY PICKED UP WERE WE LEFT OFF AND BROUGHT AFRICANISM INTO IT ----TO SAY THEY POPULARIZED IT IS NO GODDAM JOKE. BUT EVERYTHING THEY RAPPED ABOUT IN THE 90S WAS ALL EAST LOS CHICANO---AND NIGZ THROUGHOUT THE USA-BROUGHT IT TO THE SOUTH AND EAST COAST -THEIRS BLOODS AND CRIPS IN NYC NOW.SO MAN YOU FOOLS COPIED!! WE CHICANOS IN ELA ARE THE MOST PROUD AND ARROGANT PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. WHEN WHITES WERE BANGING ON US WE BNGED BACK CUZ WE ALREADY KNEW WE WERE BETTER. ASK ANY BLACK DUDE WHO HS BEEN TO THE PEN IF THEIR IS ANY SUCH THING AS A BLACK OG..............ALL GANGSTER ASS NIGZ IN THE PEN DONT GO PAST 50 YEARS OLD ---BUT IF YOU HIT ANY YARD IN CALI ..........YOULL FIND CHOLOS IN THEIR 80S , I MET DUDES WHO WERE PUSHING 70 YEARS OLD TATTED DOWN IN THE STOMACHE WITH THE HOOD FLORENCIA --LA RANA , MARAVILLA, JSUT LOOK UP TEH HISTORY OF THE EME, PEGLEG MORGAN GOT IN WHEN HE WAS 40 YEARS OLD --IN 1969! BEFORE ANY GODDAM CRABS AND SLOBS, BITING ASS FOOLS! STILL BITING ! UP UNTIL 10 YEARS AGO US CHICANOS DIDNT COPY SHIT OFF BLACKS ! WHAT WOULD THEIR BE TO COPY?? NOWADAYS YOU GOT MEXICANS WITH HIP HOP FLAVOR WHICH LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE SHIT BUT TIMES IS CHANGING.IT PISSES ME OFF THAT HALF YOU FOOLS IN HERE DONT KNOW SHIT OR NEVER BEEN BUSTED AND RUNNING YOUR NECKS --BUT WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM YOU GUYS --THATS WHAT YOUR KNOWN FOR

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » January 8th, 2009, 1:48 am

There's some truth to what you're saying but you could of been a little more respectful with your comments. I know sometimes ill will for someone else can obscure our thoughts. and yes, Bloods and Crips borrowed some aspects from the 80's Cholo culture together with their other choice of clothing and twist on it. make no mistake about it, Blacks have the most influential urban culture of any people today, and more and more of these Surenos are rapping and coping that 80's and 90's Crip style, and this is coming from a Chicano. by the way, the Mexican Culture is not false, it's no different then any other Ethnicity that been conquered by someone else, Native and Spanish Customs = Mexican Culture :)

Coup
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Coup » January 8th, 2009, 7:06 pm

What is really being disputed in this thread? Style? Slang? It's interesting how a person who is prejudiced against another race can deny anything of substance that the other race may be responsible for. Anyone living in LA that is old enough knows that both groups borrowed from each other.

ZiggZagg
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by ZiggZagg » January 9th, 2009, 10:48 pm

Gang culture as we know it today is a combination of Black and Latino culture. Each ethnic group has bit off of eachother from wall bangin, Old English, clothing, music you name it.

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubts » January 9th, 2009, 11:20 pm

mayugastank wrote: THE OLDEST GANG IN CALIFORNIA IS THE ALPINE STREET GANG( 1909) THAT STILL EXISTS TODAY, ALTHOUGH THEY HAVE BEEN GOBBLED UP BY THE AVENUES, CLOVER-AND DOGTOWN....................TO SAY THAT BLACKS STARTED LA GANG CULTURE IS A FUCKIN JOKE ---YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE WILL TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST WHITE RACIST AGGRESSION...........SEE HERES THE THING -I REALIZE MY PEOPLE BORROWED FROM THE SPANIARDS AND THAT THE MEXICAN CULTURE IS A FALSE ONE -THE TRUE MEXICAN CULTURE IS AZTEC-MAYAN AND THE LIKE AN INDIAN CULTURE-NOT THE FALSE SPANIARD INFLUENCED CULTURE. BUT WE HAVE MADE OUR OWN CULTURE -BLENDED WHAT WE HAVE AND CREATED A UNIQUE EAST LA CHICANO CULTURE THAT HAS BEEN COPIED THROUGHOUT THE USA...........CHUCKS,DICKIES,SHAVED HEADS , GANGSTEROUT TATTOED ON THE FACE -BLASTED BACK ON THE STOMACHE GANG TATTS---REPING YOUR AREA CODE(PRISON CHICANOS WOULD GET THE DIGITS YEARS BEFORE ANY NIG EVEN THOUGHT IT UP -I REMEBER NIGZ IN TEH JUVENILE KINDA POKING FUN AT THE HOMIES FOR GETING 213 TATTED ON THEM)--BACK IN 93, MAN WE STARTED EVERYTHING THAT BLACKS ARE DOING IN AMERICA TODAY -----THEY PICKED UP WERE WE LEFT OFF AND BROUGHT AFRICANISM INTO IT ----TO SAY THEY POPULARIZED IT IS NO GODDAM JOKE. BUT EVERYTHING THEY RAPPED ABOUT IN THE 90S WAS ALL EAST LOS CHICANO---AND NIGZ THROUGHOUT THE USA-BROUGHT IT TO THE SOUTH AND EAST COAST -THEIRS BLOODS AND CRIPS IN NYC NOW.SO MAN YOU FOOLS COPIED!! WE CHICANOS IN ELA ARE THE MOST PROUD AND ARROGANT PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH. WHEN WHITES WERE BANGING ON US WE BNGED BACK because WE ALREADY KNEW WE WERE BETTER. ASK ANY BLACK DUDE WHO HS BEEN TO THE PEN IF THEIR IS ANY SUCH THING AS A BLACK OG..............ALL GANGSTER ASS NIGZ IN THE PEN DONT GO PAST 50 YEARS OLD ---BUT IF YOU HIT ANY YARD IN CALI ..........YOULL FIND CHOLOS IN THEIR 80S , I MET DUDES WHO WERE PUSHING 70 YEARS OLD TATTED DOWN IN THE STOMACHE WITH THE HOOD FLORENCIA --LA RANA , MARAVILLA, JSUT LOOK UP TEH HISTORY OF THE EME, PEGLEG MORGAN GOT IN WHEN HE WAS 40 YEARS OLD --IN 1969! BEFORE ANY GODDAM CRABS AND SLOBS, BITING ASS FOOLS! STILL BITING ! UP UNTIL 10 YEARS AGO US CHICANOS DIDNT COPY SHIT OFF BLACKS ! WHAT WOULD THEIR BE TO COPY?? NOWADAYS YOU GOT MEXICANS WITH HIP HOP FLAVOR WHICH LOOKS AND SOUNDS LIKE SHIT BUT TIMES IS CHANGING.IT PISSES ME OFF THAT HALF YOU FOOLS IN HERE DONT KNOW SHIT OR NEVER BEEN BUSTED AND RUNNING YOUR NECKS --BUT WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM YOU GUYS --THATS WHAT YOUR KNOWN FOR
slow yo role jose, ya'll Mexicans wore pants hiked up your ass up to your chest, aint nobody copyin that shit, niggaz saggin they levis and khaks, ya'll sported ya'll shit like some str8 squares, niggaz put flava in it, and that bald hit shit wuz taken str8 from blacs, chec out your cholo homies in the 80s you won't find 1 bald head buddy boy, any real ese around that time will tell u the same, ya'll wore it greased back or in a duck tale (wooo oooh!), ese's didnt start doin the bald thang till the 90s hit that shit was borrowed from blacks, just like the Zoot Suits ya'll stole from blacks now shut the fuck up and sit down somewhere homles

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » January 10th, 2009, 12:00 pm

bald heads was a prison style that spread to the street.

HIGHINSP
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: kush county

Unread post by HIGHINSP » January 14th, 2009, 12:46 pm

dubts wrote: slow yo role jose, ya'll Mexicans wore pants hiked up your ass up to your chest, aint nobody copyin that shit, niggaz saggin they levis and khaks, ya'll sported ya'll shit like some str8 squares, niggaz put flava in it, and that bald hit shit wuz taken str8 from blacs, chec out your cholo homies in the 80s you won't find 1 bald head buddy boy, any real ese around that time will tell u the same, ya'll wore it greased back or in a duck tale (wooo oooh!), ese's didnt start doin the bald thang till the 90s hit that shit was borrowed from blacks, just like the Zoot Suits ya'll stole from blacks now shut the fu-- up and sit down somewhere homles
your silly as hell...i think your a 9 year old girl studying gangs for a essay at school...you type nothing but pro- black nonsense...bald heads from blacks...what a moron...bald heads came from jail...in the 80's blacks were sporting jeri curls, flat tops, line on the sides of their heads...while wearing troop tennis shoesand BKs...as for slicked back hair and poney tails...you can try to clown all you want...but the facts are these...when this hairstyle was popular...the ese's were fucking fine ass looking cholas who were diging the look...while you'll was fucking with them ugly ass black hoodrats...whatever you say about how we dressed...the facts are these...no matter how many lil white kids sag their pants...or get fades...aint no one doing it to be black...BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO BE BLACK...shit most blacks don't even want to be black...just ask michael jackson

cixxwonn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: chicago

Unread post by cixxwonn » January 14th, 2009, 2:11 pm

If Mexicans started the culture. Y know one sporting sombreos and ponchos that is mexican culture. Everything a black man creates someone tries to claim it. They took it from the jazz culture of blacks

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » January 15th, 2009, 12:58 pm

HIGHINSP wrote:your silly as hell...i think your a 9 year old girl studying gangs for a essay at school...you type nothing but pro- black nonsense...bald heads from blacks...what a moron...bald heads came from jail...in the 80's blacks were sporting jeri curls, flat tops, line on the sides of their heads...while wearing troop tennis shoesand BKs...as for slicked back hair and poney tails...you can try to clown all you want...but the facts are these...when this hairstyle was popular...the ese's were #%@&#%@ fine ass looking cholas who were diging the look...while you'll was #%@&#%@ with them ugly ass black hoodrats...whatever you say about how we dressed...the facts are these...no matter how many lil white kids sag their pants...or get fades...aint no one doing it to be black...BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO BE BLACK...shit most blacks don't even want to be black...just ask michael jackson
I agree in that when it comes to style and taste in the street gangs culture this was the Chicanos domain, and still is to a lesser extent.. but a lot of these newer Cholos are looking sloppy and taking up more and more of the Black gang flavor.

Now, when it comes or cames to Rap style and "Pimpin" that's the Blacks domain.

I got to disagree with you in that most Blacks are really proud of being it and aren't afraid to show it! (which tends to rubs other Races the wrong way) and again, like it or not.. Blacks urban culture is the more influential in the world today...

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 15th, 2009, 2:11 pm

Blacks were wearing troop tennis shoesand BKs...

You forgot to mention some ese's began wearing them when the style played out for Blacks, and also some wore FUBU.

the ese's were #%@&#%@ fine ass looking cholas who were diging the look...while you'll was #%@&#%@ with them ugly ass black hoodrats...

Ese's even took that page out of our book and also refer to your cholas as hoodrats now.

no matter how many lil white kids sag their pants...or get fades...aint no one doing it to be black...

It was cemented in Black gang Culture and influenced by the Hip Hop Culture. Shit.. next thing you are going to say is Cholos and Vanilla Ice started rap.

BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO BE BLACK...

Don't you find it strange that on the yard fools excercise in 100 degree weather with their shirts off then put on tanning oil and lay out on the grass?? If not, then maybe you have noticed the new trend of tanning salons frequented by the white race.

I agree in that when it comes to style and taste in the street gangs culture this was the Chicanos domain, and still is to a lesser extent.. but a lot of these newer Cholos are looking sloppy and taking up more and more of the Black gang flavor.

I'd say this is true. The Pendeltons, Charlie Brown shirts, Biscuits, multiple sharp creases, and even names of second generation crips like Diablo, Spooky, etc..

I got to disagree with you in that most Blacks are really proud of being it and aren't afraid to show it! (which tends to rubs other Races the wrong way) and again, like it or not.. Blacks urban culture is the more influential in the world today...

True! Anytime you hear white sport analysist and play by play using slang on national television you know the culture has had a great impact on American society and abroad.

"mayugastank" wrote:
TO SAY THAT BLACKS STARTED LA GANG CULTURE IS A FUCKIN JOKE

I agree.

---YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE WILL TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST WHITE RACIST AGGRESSION

If thats how you feel what are your thoughts about siding with them and forming prison alliances??

CHUCKS,DICKIES

Really? lol I agree to disagree whole heartedly!

SHAVED HEADS

Telly Savalas aka Kojak was a Greek-American film and television actor and singer who was famous in the 60's and 70's.. anyone sporting a bald head we referred to them as Kojak- as a joke-disrespect. Former heavyweight boxing champion George Foreman cut his hair off in 77, Yul Brynner and Lou Gossett Jr were also famous for sporting ballheads before Michael Jordan made the bald head more famous than anyone.. There's a gang of crips and bloods that have sported the ballhead way before southsiders distinguished themselves with the baldhead as opposed to the Paisas and Northsiders who continued to wear long hair/ducktails..

BACK IN 93, MAN WE STARTED EVERYTHING THAT BLACKS ARE DOING IN AMERICA TODAY

LOL....

WE CHICANOS IN ELA ARE THE MOST PROUD AND ARROGANT PEOPLE ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH.

Apparently so.. and a little undeducated.

UP UNTIL 10 YEARS AGO US CHICANOS DIDNT COPY SHIT OFF BLACKS !

Is this an admission or something??

WHAT WOULD THEIR BE TO COPY??

Woofers and Speaker Boxes in the trunk.. Cholos used to have all highs/tweeters in their low riders. Hitting up your enemies on the wall, cholos never did that. Putting the k or 187 after your enemy, Cholos never did that. The regular use of automatic weapons.. cholos used to carry little pocket pistols/saturday night specials... lifting weights for size/muscle.. cholos didn't go hard on the weight pile they were into bar work and callistectics while the crips were into mass muscle, size, intimidation.. Brand name tennis shoes, chuck taylors, eses used to sport pro-keds, soccer shoes, & (hard) dress shoes.. the slang.. wire Daytons..ese's used to roll cragars and laces..

Its all good.. black/brown have some deep history- no one can erase that. But the individual differences are racism and lack of knowing your history/facts.. both cultures interwine and in california are looked at as 'gang cultures' , terrorist, criminals, and a massive prison population. On one hand Blacks are disfunctional, wild beast, and lack organization, but on the otherhand many of you other cats are nothing but puppets- you have a chain of command and fight a racial war behind myth and lack of understanding. When repeated over and over you fall for the racism, myths, stereotypes and hatred that come with it. But at the end of the day, you still may be subjected to pay rent and take care of another man that you've never met and can careless if you end up like him- with life in prison where you will continue to fight a mythical war that will f@#* your life up for an eternity!

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by xxx » January 15th, 2009, 2:50 pm

[b]"mayugastank" wrote:

---YOU GUYS DIDNT EVEN HAVE THE WILL TO FIGHT BACK AGAINST WHITE RACIST AGGRESSION
[/b]

===============================

Numerous black slave rebellions and insurrections took place in North America during the 18th and 19th centuries. There is documentary evidence of more than 250 uprisings or attempted uprisings involving ten or more slaves. Three of the best known in the United States are the revolts by Gabriel Prosser in Virginia in 1800, Denmark Vesey in Charleston, South Carolina in 1822, and Nat Turner in Southampton County, Virginia, in 1831.

The largest slave revolt in American history, however, took place outside of New Orleans in 1811. The 1811 German Coast Uprising was suppressed by volunteer militias and a detachment of the United States Army, and the heads of over sixty slaves were put on pikes along the levee

==============================

1962 - Ole Miss riot 1962, September 30, The University of Mississippi
1963 - Cambridge riot 1963, June 14, Cambridge, Maryland
1964 - New York City 1964 race riot, July 18-23 (New York City, New York, USA)
1964 - Rochester 1964 race riot, July 24-25 (Rochester, New York, USA)
1964 - Jersey City 1964 race riot, August 2-4 (Jersey City, New Jersey, USA)
1964 - Paterson 1964 race riot, August 11-13 (Paterson, New Jersey, USA)
1964 - Elizabeth 1964 race riot, August 11-13 (Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA)
1964 - Chicago 1964 race riot, August 16-17
1964 - Philadelphia 1964 race riot August 28-30
1965 - Watts Riot, Aug. 1965, (Los Angeles, California, USA

1966 - Easter Monday Riot, April, 1966 (Glen Echo Amusement Park, Glen Echo, Maryland, USA)
1966 - Hough Riots, July 1966 (Cleveland, OH, USA)
1966 - Hunter's Point Riot (San Francisco, California, USA)
1966 - Waukegan Riot, Aug. 27 (Waukegan, Illinois, USA)
1966 - Benton Harbor Riot, August-September 1966 (Benton Harbor, Michigan, USA)
1966 - Atlanta riot of 1966, Sep. 6 (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)
1967 - Roxbury riot, June 2 (Boston, Massachusetts, USA)
1967 - Tampa Riots of 1967, June 1967 (Tampa, Florida, USA)
1967 - Buffalo riot, June 27 (Buffalo, New York, USA)
1967 - Cairo riot, July 17 (Cairo, Illinois, USA)
1967 - Durham riot, July 19 (Durham, North Carolina, USA)
1967 - Memphis riot, July 20 (Memphis, Tenn., USA)
1967 - 1967 Newark riots, July 1967 (Newark, New Jersey, USA)
1967 - 1967 Plainfield riots, July 1967 (Plainfield, New Jersey, USA)
1967 - Cambridge riot of 1967, July 1967, a.k.a H. Rap Brown riot (Cambridge, Maryland, USA)
1967 - 12th Street Riot, July 1967 (Detroit, Michigan, USA)
1967 - Minneapolis North Side Riots, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
1967 - Milwaukee riot, July 30 (Milwaukee, Wisc., USA)
1968 - Orangeburg, SC riot and Orangeburg Massacre, (Orangeburg, South Carolina), USA)
1968 - 1968 Washington, DC riots, April 1968 (Washington, D.C., USA)
1968 - Democratic Convention of 1968 Riots,August 1968(Chicago, Illinois, USA)
1968 - Baltimore riot of 1968, April 6-12 (Baltimore, MD, USA)
1968 - Chicago riot of 1968, a.k.a West Side Riots, April 7-14 (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
1968 - Wilmington Riot of 1968 April 1968 (Wilmington, Delaware, (USA)
1968 - Kansas City riot of 1968, April 1968 (Kansas City, MO, USA)
1968 - Salisbury riot, May 18-20, (Salisbury, Maryland, USA)
1968 - Louisville riots of 1968, May 27, (Louisville, Kentucky, USA)
1968 - Glenville Shootout, (Cleveland, OH, USA)
1968 - Martin Luther King jr. riots (related: 1968 Chicago, Illinois riots, 1968 Washington, DC riots)
1968 - 1968 Democratic National Convention riot, Aug. 1968, (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
1969 - Stonewall Riots, June 1969, (New York City, New York, USA)
1969 - York Race Riot, July 1969, (York, Pennsylvania, USA)
1969 - Days of Rage, Oct. 1969, (Chicago, Illinois, USA)

1971 - Black Muslim Rally and Riot, (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
1975 - Livernois-Fenkell riot (Detroit, Michigan, USA)

1982 - Washington Anti-Klan protest 1982, Nov. 1982, (Washington, D.C., USA)
1982 - Miami Riot, Overtown Riot, Dec. 1982, (Miami, Florida, USA)
1983 - Sing Sing Prison Riot, Jan. 10, (Ossining, New York, USA)

1991 - Crown Heights Riot, Aug. 1991, (Brooklyn, New York, USA)
1992 - Los Angeles riots/Rodney King riot, April-May (Los Angeles, California, USA)
1996 - St. Petersburg, Florida Riot 1996, Oct. 1996, (St. Petersburg, Florida, USA)
)

1992 Riots everybody was getting punished, Latinos, Whites and Asians..........

this List goes on im tired.......................................

================================

Keyser
What city do you live in now?: St. Paul

Unread post by Keyser » January 15th, 2009, 5:22 pm

Yes I think you're tired, Days of Rage on a black resistance list?
If I remember correctly it was an action by radical student organizations with an hopelessly optimistic aim of starting a civil war and overthrow the Government.
There were probably some black students in on it, but it was mostly white I think.
The Black Panthers promised to show up, but they never did and the whole thing ended when they were attacked by thousands of police and national guard.

cixxwonn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cixxwonn » January 16th, 2009, 8:37 am

The reason y mexican men copy the black culture is..................................
The mexican women love that shit and they love the brothers that is y the men started beefin lots of time mexicans can be cool with brothers even cholo's u used to get a 50/50 on being black and cool (before 2000) look at the 92 uprising. but once they women like you they str8 jealous and this y they don't like the brothers they make it racial.
How does a white boy get in to a mexican gang rise to high rank get the mexicans to sell dope and kill their own race and other minorities but no whites? become allies with white racist who don't like black or brown. After they stole the whole west from mexico. Sounds like the white boy f....g somebody and got him laying in the bed with him like a broad. That shit wouldn't ride with the brothers ! they always tricking yall. the blacks only will pick strawberries for $5.00 u will pick them for .50 now i can't work. even my great great great grandfather said f.....k that after they escaped the whips and chain (when he ecsaped he wore creased up jeans and a clean white tee- check some old runaway slave posters). They don't need any whips and chain for some whatever they say you do The blacks won't clean my house for $1.00 hr. we will do it ! read some history books first. When every blacks come together and get strong especially with the brown with us we come up check the sixties but they just kill off the blacks and trick the brown as usual.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » January 16th, 2009, 12:22 pm

"Cocaine's a helluva drug"

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 16th, 2009, 2:25 pm

Don't you find it strange that on the yard fools excercise in 100 degree weather with their shirts off then put on tanning oil and lay out on the grass?? If not, then maybe you have noticed the new trend of tanning salons frequented by the white race.

ALL LIGHTER SKINNED RACES LIKE TO GET TAN NOT JUST WHITES. I SEE ALOT OF ASIAN, MEXICAN AND SOUTH AMERICAN LOOKING PEOPLE AT THE BEACH GETTING SUN, OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO GET DARKER. ARE THEY ALL TRYING TO LOOK BLACK? IF A NON BLACK PERSON GETS DREADS THEN I THINK THEY'RE TRYING TO BE BLACK.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » January 16th, 2009, 2:37 pm

cixxwonn wrote:The reason y mexican men copy the black culture is..................................
The mexican women love that shit and they love the brothers that is y the men started beefin lots of time mexicans can be cool with brothers even cholo's u used to get a 50/50 on being black and cool (before 2000) look at the 92 uprising. but once they women like you they str8 jealous and this y they don't like the brothers they make it racial.
How does a white boy get in to a mexican gang rise to high rank get the mexicans to sell dope and kill their own race and other minorities but no whites? become allies with white racist who don't like black or brown. After they stole the whole west from mexico. Sounds like the white boy f....g somebody and got him laying in the bed with him like a broad. That shit wouldn't ride with the brothers ! they always tricking yall. the blacks only will pick strawberries for $5.00 u will pick them for .50 now i can't work. even my great great great grandfather said f.....k that after they escaped the whips and chain (when he ecsaped he wore creased up jeans and a clean white tee- check some old runaway slave posters). They don't need any whips and chain for some whatever they say you do The blacks won't clean my house for $1.00 hr. we will do it ! read some history books first. When every blacks come together and get strong especially with the brown with us we come up check the sixties but they just kill off the blacks and trick the brown as usual.
What white boy are you talking about? Joe Morgan? He was a Yugoslavian-American that grew up in East LA and was 100% down with Chicanos and the Chicano cause. He wasn't some KKK cracker ordering around the brown people. The few whites in la eMe have all been down barrio white boys, not redneck racists. You don't know anything about Mexican people if you think we're kissing anybody's ass.

La eMe will take out anybody that is an enemy including whites. La eMe has an alliance with the AB that generally extends to other whites in the CA prison system but doesn't extend to white civilians and unafiliated white drug dealers, prostitute etc.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » January 16th, 2009, 3:06 pm

Silencioso wrote:ALL LIGHTER SKINNED RACES LIKE TO GET TAN NOT JUST WHITES. I SEE ALOT OF ASIAN, MEXICAN AND SOUTH AMERICAN LOOKING PEOPLE AT THE BEACH GETTING SUN, OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO GET DARKER. ARE THEY ALL TRYING TO LOOK BLACK? IF A NON BLACK PERSON GETS DREADS THEN I THINK THEY'RE TRYING TO BE BLACK.
Yeah, I don't think anyone wants a tan or is getting some sun to look Black, and if they are... that's just silly. in the Far East, they cover themselves up a lot from the sun and actually, light skin is worshiped in many ethnic cultures.. but them South-Americans love the sun! anyway, enough about that.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Unread post by StillNoScript » January 16th, 2009, 3:25 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote: next thing you are going to say is Cholos and Vanilla Ice started rap.
Ha ha!!!

I can only speak for the past decade. I've been in and out of film school and have therefore been in LA at least once per month, sometimes even staying there for weeks at a time. And I've stayed all over the LA area. Not deep in the ghetto but certainly on the outskirts, from Hawthorne to the I.E..

What I remember from the late '90s is that you would go to a club, and there would be a gang of Mexicans there wearing baggy clothes and saying, "what up, dog". The thing is, you didn't see a lot of hard core cholos around like you see today. They were there. You just didn't see as many of them.

I stayed in La Puente for two nights a week at a friends' house in 2000. I used to walk to a Mexican restaurant down the street at like 2 in the morning. The place would be packed with young people and you'd see a few hard core Surenos. I took a drive down this same street a couple of years ago and I'm telling you, I wouldn't walk down that street late at night today if someone paid me to. Bottom line, LA was a different place then. Something happened in the last 10 years. I can tell you for certain that places like Puente look more impoverished now. There were always Mexicans there, so all of these anti immigration azzholes can't put it on the immigrants.

This hard core Sureno culture has really permeated LA in the past decade. Maybe it's poverty, maybe it's people getting out of prison. It's probably both. And i'm not saying the answer is to put people back into prison, but that maybe prisons should do more to prepare people for society. Because these hard core LA Surenos are getting out and going right to work gang banging, and on blacks, if blacks are in their neighborhood. It makes sense because on the inside blacks are their enemy, if I'm not mistaken.

So, from what I can see, this whole hard core Sureno culture is more about prison than LA's streets. More people get out of prison, the more this culture starts to dominate the more casual culture that I saw FIRST HAND in the late '90s. And, a lot of these casual, non banging Chicanos were hip hoppers. I don't have the answers but I can certainly call it as I see it.

AllhoodPublications
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: Montreal

Unread post by AllhoodPublications » January 16th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Granted- me saying tanning shows people want to be darker, something most blacks are, but then how does that make Michael jackson want to be white for bleaching his skin??

cixxwonn
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by cixxwonn » January 17th, 2009, 6:57 am

Silencioso wrote:
cixxwonn wrote:The reason y mexican men copy the black culture is..................................
What white boy are you talking about? Joe Morgan? He was a Yugoslavian-American that grew up in East LA and was 100% down with Chicanos and the Chicano cause. He wasn't some KKK cracker ordering around the brown people. The few whites in la eMe have all been down barrio white boys, not redneck racists. You don't know anything about Mexican people if you think we're kissing anybody's ass.

La eMe will take out anybody that is an enemy including whites. La eMe has an alliance with the AB that generally extends to other whites in the CA prison system but doesn't extend to white civilians and unafiliated white drug dealers, prostitute etc.
Yogoslavian is not mexican it is white. well did he have any yugoslavians killed. Wasn't whites the ones who stole the alamo? so y would you want them with yall. So the AB is not racist? Did you know Joe Morgan personally? Could you read his mine? Did he have any of his family killed?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » January 17th, 2009, 6:30 pm

xxx wrote:[b]"mayugastank" wrote:

[/b]

===============================

Numerous black slave rebellions and insurrections took place in North America during the 18th and 19th centuries. There is documentary evidence of more than 250 uprisings or attempted uprisings involving ten or more slaves. Three of the best known in the United States are the revolts by Gabriel Prosser in Virginia in 1800, Denmark Vesey in Charleston, South Carolina in 1822, and Nat Turner in Southampton County, Virginia, in 1831.

The largest slave revolt in American history, however, took place outside of New Orleans in 1811. The 1811 German Coast Uprising was suppressed by volunteer militias and a detachment of the United States Army, and the heads of over sixty slaves were put on pikes along the levee

==============================

1962 - Ole Miss riot 1962, September 30, The University of Mississippi
1963 - Cambridge riot 1963, June 14, Cambridge, Maryland
1964 - New York City 1964 race riot, July 18-23 (New York City, New York, USA)
1964 - Rochester 1964 race riot, July 24-25 (Rochester, New York, USA)
1964 - Jersey City 1964 race riot, August 2-4 (Jersey City, New Jersey, USA)
1964 - Paterson 1964 race riot, August 11-13 (Paterson, New Jersey, USA)
1964 - Elizabeth 1964 race riot, August 11-13 (Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA)
1964 - Chicago 1964 race riot, August 16-17
1964 - Philadelphia 1964 race riot August 28-30
1965 - Watts Riot, Aug. 1965, (Los Angeles, California, USA

1966 - Easter Monday Riot, April, 1966 (Glen Echo Amusement Park, Glen Echo, Maryland, USA)
1966 - Hough Riots, July 1966 (Cleveland, OH, USA)
1966 - Hunter's Point Riot (San Francisco, California, USA)
1966 - Waukegan Riot, Aug. 27 (Waukegan, Illinois, USA)
1966 - Benton Harbor Riot, August-September 1966 (Benton Harbor, Michigan, USA)
1966 - Atlanta riot of 1966, Sep. 6 (Atlanta, Georgia, USA)
1967 - Roxbury riot, June 2 (Boston, Massachusetts, USA)
1967 - Tampa Riots of 1967, June 1967 (Tampa, Florida, USA)
1967 - Buffalo riot, June 27 (Buffalo, New York, USA)
1967 - Cairo riot, July 17 (Cairo, Illinois, USA)
1967 - Durham riot, July 19 (Durham, North Carolina, USA)
1967 - Memphis riot, July 20 (Memphis, Tenn., USA)
1967 - 1967 Newark riots, July 1967 (Newark, New Jersey, USA)
1967 - 1967 Plainfield riots, July 1967 (Plainfield, New Jersey, USA)
1967 - Cambridge riot of 1967, July 1967, a.k.a H. Rap Brown riot (Cambridge, Maryland, USA)
1967 - 12th Street Riot, July 1967 (Detroit, Michigan, USA)
1967 - Minneapolis North Side Riots, Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
1967 - Milwaukee riot, July 30 (Milwaukee, Wisc., USA)
1968 - Orangeburg, SC riot and Orangeburg Massacre, (Orangeburg, South Carolina), USA)
1968 - 1968 Washington, DC riots, April 1968 (Washington, D.C., USA)
1968 - Democratic Convention of 1968 Riots,August 1968(Chicago, Illinois, USA)
1968 - Baltimore riot of 1968, April 6-12 (Baltimore, MD, USA)
1968 - Chicago riot of 1968, a.k.a West Side Riots, April 7-14 (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
1968 - Wilmington Riot of 1968 April 1968 (Wilmington, Delaware, (USA)
1968 - Kansas City riot of 1968, April 1968 (Kansas City, MO, USA)
1968 - Salisbury riot, May 18-20, (Salisbury, Maryland, USA)
1968 - Louisville riots of 1968, May 27, (Louisville, Kentucky, USA)
1968 - Glenville Shootout, (Cleveland, OH, USA)
1968 - Martin Luther King jr. riots (related: 1968 Chicago, Illinois riots, 1968 Washington, DC riots)
1968 - 1968 Democratic National Convention riot, Aug. 1968, (Chicago, Illinois, USA)
1969 - Stonewall Riots, June 1969, (New York City, New York, USA)
1969 - York Race Riot, July 1969, (York, Pennsylvania, USA)
1969 - Days of Rage, Oct. 1969, (Chicago, Illinois, USA)

1971 - Black Muslim Rally and Riot, (Baton Rouge, Louisiana)
1975 - Livernois-Fenkell riot (Detroit, Michigan, USA)

1982 - Washington Anti-Klan protest 1982, Nov. 1982, (Washington, D.C., USA)
1982 - Miami Riot, Overtown Riot, Dec. 1982, (Miami, Florida, USA)
1983 - Sing Sing Prison Riot, Jan. 10, (Ossining, New York, USA)

1991 - Crown Heights Riot, Aug. 1991, (Brooklyn, New York, USA)
1992 - Los Angeles riots/Rodney King riot, April-May (Los Angeles, California, USA)
1996 - St. Petersburg, Florida Riot 1996, Oct. 1996, (St. Petersburg, Florida, USA)
)

1992 Riots everybody was getting punished, Latinos, Whites and Asians..........

this List goes on im tired.......................................

================================

YES, blacks did punish hispanics during the riots -it kind of took us back--i remember before then -I always thought that although we werent the best of friends ---blacks and hispanics at least left eachother alone and individual blacks and hispanics were friends --I know I got some, blacks I consider friends and whove I known longer then any mexican--from kindergarten to the present --and we still neighbors. But after the riots I never felt the same way for blacks --when I saw that hispanic guy get knocked out and spray painted blacks it left a profound impact on my view of blacks............forever.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » January 17th, 2009, 6:38 pm

AllhoodPublications wrote:Granted- me saying tanning shows people want to be darker, something most blacks are, but then how does that make Michael jackson want to be white for bleaching his skin??

YOUR FUNNY!! if anything people are trying to be mexican or latino when they tan --because when people tan they trying to achieve the color of Jennifer Lopez or Golden brown -like my skin, you make it sound like mexicans are tanning ,,,hahah!!! another thing nobody is tanning to get the color of JAY Z or PUFFY!!, come on dude.

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by dubts » February 6th, 2009, 1:34 pm

HIGHINSP wrote:
dubts wrote: slow yo role jose, ya'll Mexicans wore pants hiked up your ass up to your chest, aint nobody copyin that shit, niggaz saggin they levis and khaks, ya'll sported ya'll shit like some str8 squares, niggaz put flava in it, and that bald hit shit wuz taken str8 from blacs, chec out your cholo homies in the 80s you won't find 1 bald head buddy boy, any real ese around that time will tell u the same, ya'll wore it greased back or in a duck tale (wooo oooh!), ese's didnt start doin the bald thang till the 90s hit that shit was borrowed from blacks, just like the Zoot Suits ya'll stole from blacks now shut the fu-- up and sit down somewhere homles
your silly as hell...i think your a 9 year old girl studying gangs for a essay at school...you type nothing but pro- black nonsense...bald heads from blacks...what a moron...bald heads came from jail...in the 80's blacks were sporting jeri curls, flat tops, line on the sides of their heads...while wearing troop tennis shoesand BKs...as for slicked back hair and poney tails...you can try to clown all you want...but the facts are these...when this hairstyle was popular...the ese's were #%@&#%@ fine ass looking cholas who were diging the look...while you'll was #%@&#%@ with them ugly ass black hoodrats...whatever you say about how we dressed...the facts are these...no matter how many lil white kids sag their pants...or get fades...aint no one doing it to be black...BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO BE BLACK...shit most blacks don't even want to be black...just ask michael jackson
Creoles Mullatos with bubbly asses >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> flat booty mexican bitches any day of the week

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by Silencioso » February 6th, 2009, 2:19 pm

"Yogoslavian is not mexican it is white. well did he have any yugoslavians killed. Wasn't whites the ones who stole the alamo? so y would you want them with yall. So the AB is not racist? Did you know Joe Morgan personally? Could you read his mine? Did he have any of his family killed?"

The Alamo was taken by GAVACHOS/GRINGOS not slavs, Irish, scandinavians etc. Mexicans don't group all whites together like black people do. We distinguish between different nationalities/ethnicities/cultures etc. We have a white element in our own population so it's kind of a neccesity to distinguish between different varieties of Hueros.

FelonOne
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by FelonOne » March 30th, 2009, 1:17 am

Damn...Now you other races in Cali emulating both black and mexicans...oh well but a lot of other races be bangin as hard...

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”