Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
SPINN
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 26
Joined: December 13th, 2008, 9:56 am
What city do you live in now?: KOOLCITY

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by SPINN » November 22nd, 2010, 11:17 am

NOTHIN WRONG WITH HAVING WHITE PRIDE -IM WHITE POLISH BORN HERE AMERICAN -THERES SCUM IN EVERY RACE BUT THAT RACE SHT IS PLAYED OUT -THERE WERE -ARE PEOPLE THAT WERE SLAVES THRU OUT HISTORY THATS JUST PART OF THE STRONG TAKE OVER THE WEAK -LOOK WHAT THE NAZIS DID TO OTHER WHITE PEOPLE -BLACKS THAT WANT TO CAN GET AHEAD -NOWADAYS THEY GET BETTER TREATMENT IN CERTAIN TRADE FEILDS THEN WHITES LATINOS SO ALL THAT BULLCRAP AINT NOBODY TRYIN TO HEAR -I WONDER HOW ITS GONNA BE WHEN WHITES ARE THE MINORITTY OR IS IT GONNA BE OK CUZ THATS WHAT THEY GET FOR BEIN RACIST BACK IN THE DAYS -LOL---

doser
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 12:53 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Montana
What city do you live in now?: Omaha

Re:

Unread post by doser » December 14th, 2010, 8:54 am

Cold Bear wrote:I mean all things equal this would be a nice little piece of work... that is, if all things were equal

Just to give example the new stats are out that 2/3rds of crack smokers are white, yet 80% of arrests for crack are black. I mean if I was practically guaranteed an easier ride because of my race maybe I wouldn't be PROUD to be my race I would just be happy I wasn't one of the other ones!
That is flawed. You have to take environment into account. In a neighborhood where the police are called constantly due to violence, theft, etc, anyone participating in criminal activity is going to have a much higher chance of being arrested. On the other hand, if you live in a quiet suburban neighborhood you can get away with doing/selling/buying/manufacturing drugs your whole life if you keep it hush hush. I could smoke crack all day every day, if that was my choice, and because I'm just sitting around my house, I will get away with it.
Yeah and there are "St. Patrick's Day Parade" for Irish Americans, "San Genarro Festival" for Italian Americans, "Columbus Day", "July 4th" - White Americans celebrating freedom from the British, Fox News, the White House, Congress, Homeowner's Associations, Banks, Wall Street, the stock market, Blackwater, pretty much everything else besides the few things mentioned above!
Besides the first two things you mentioned, none of those are specifically for white people. You should also consider that there are black Irish and Italians as well. None of those things are all white. They're American.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Silencioso » December 15th, 2010, 3:29 pm

/\/\/\/\
"Black Irish" people are just Irish people with dark hair, they're still white. There's no black Italian people as far as I know.

doser
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 12:53 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Montana
What city do you live in now?: Omaha

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by doser » December 16th, 2010, 6:25 am

There are blacks everywhere, my man. I know wikipedia isn't always the most reliable source of information but...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italians_of_African_descent
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_people_in_Ireland

The consensus here seems to be that black people only live in ghettos because white oppression doesn't allow otherwise. This is non-sense based upon perception. Many of you seem to have a flawed world view, trusting only what you hear from your people (many of which are quite racist and willfully ignorant). It seems that many also think that skin color is what divides us, rather than considering that the line is drawn between street thugs and working class people. No punk is going to dictate how I live my life, and I know many other whites feel the same.

Don't pull licks in my neighborhood and I don't give a damn who moves in. When you try turning it into a shithole, although, you will be removed one way or another. I don't back down to intimidation.

Respect lasts much longer than fear. There are black families in my neighborhood, which has only existed since the early 70, and they have been here since the first houses were erected. They participate in community garage sales, neighborhood cleanup, neighborhood watch, and hold good jobs. Nobody thinks they're shady. Nobody tries to run them out. No one that I am aware of even looks at them funny. Me, on the other hand....my neighbors (minus the black dudes next door) all give me the stink eye. I keep quite and that is the only thing that secures my place here. They can't look past the black clothes, piercings, and color changing hair, and my lack of participation in the community. In many respects, white boys like me are the new black. We don't benefit from a politically correct belief system, although. It is perfectly alright to hate and discriminate against me. I'm a hippie.

I have said it many times, race means nothing to the modern man. Class means everything. Get in where you fit in, but don't sweat the haters. Showing empathy, forgiveness and respect for life are necessary to the survival of our species. Forget what you think you know and look for the truth.

Turn off your TV. It keeps all this BS alive. The powers that be want us divided, and they use the media to achieve their goals. Order through chaos.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by perongregory » January 31st, 2011, 12:20 am

Due to human BS, and the powers of this country constantly stepping on Black Americans, a great portion of blacks have gone the way of the NA and are lost to a point where they perpetuate the beliefs and habits that destroy them...but hey that's the world. The white man won, he does what he wants, lies, and escapes his blame to put it on others, but soon the Chinese, Indians or some other foreign people will be whipping the common white mans ass and he'll be right there with his black brother. But forget the blacks, what about the NAtives...millions dead, brainwashed and shoved off to reservations, I just look at them and shake my head, since they have no great leader to speak for all of them we easily forget about them and say "oh, yeah... The whites did that to you, you were a noble people" and we forget, but I can't because I think it can happen again, to others, with the means of a contemporary society.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1018
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 8:17 pm
Location: Everywhere in Canada

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by whiskeyjack » February 25th, 2011, 9:11 pm

But forget the blacks, what about the NAtives...millions dead, brainwashed and shoved off to reservations, I just look at them and shake my head, since they have no great leader to speak for all of them we easily forget about them and say "oh, yeah... The whites did that to you, you were a noble people" and we forget, but I can't because I think it can happen again, to others, with the means of a contemporary society.
Its a bad thing. For example when a metis from Manitoba goes to America and identifies as a metis(Metis is the predominate culture in that province) to the Americans there of the same White/Native mix, the americans there dont know what a metis is. Its not isolated to that either the cajun lifestyle is being pushed aside these days in the age of assimilation too. (Cajuns are french setteles from Acadia moved to liousiana)..... And these peopel are mostly white also

When the Sioux were being exterminated by the American Army they were offered temporary asylum in Canada, but due to political pressure from the American government were forced back to the American Plains to be arrested by the states. (Gotta hand it to the American Army for being pussies killing women and children and the buffalo)....


For example compare the amount of Indian/white wars between Canada and America and you will notice that the majority of battles between the two were actually Metis VS the white settlers. Contact was mostly peaceful because since the beginning France had a very peaceful approach to the Natives of North America. (As evidenced by the huge similarities between Native and French Quebec Culture).

The natives up north in our Territories are given alot of Automony in their own affairs, you will find government sponsered programs that encourage the natives and inuits to continue there cutlure. For example street signs , advertising, television channels in Historic Cree Communities are offered in Cree complete with there alphabit and everything. The inuit languages are official languages of the territories..

Any mineral exploration done in our wilderness cant proceed without consent from the local Native band in the area. This has insured that money and income flow to Northern Communities. We also sport an increasing native population from America that is moving here. Native reserves here provide free health care for its members with money suppklied by the government. Are allowed to regualte the wildlife on their land, and are exempt from the HST.

The company i work for hires natives just the same as they hire white, asians, arabs, and africans. But its mostly whites and natives and everything is great... For example look at the "War of 1812" and you will notice that the majority of Native tribes fought for Canada, which should say something about my country.

Although things arent that peachy the natives of Northern Saskatchewan and some parts of Alberta and manitoba have communities which are openly hostile to anyone (even natives not from the province). I remember going to La Ronge Saskatchewan and i had a my favourite sick as buck knife on me. But the funny thing is that these same people actually identify themselves as Canadians. This speaks alot.

You can actually compare parts of Canada to Mexico because of the predominate Metis/meztizo similarities the two countries share. You will find alot of white people on the reserves in canada, including alot of White looking natives. They 95% of the time have french last names which reflects the history.... We take it here that when Europeans came to canada it was a merging of two cultures that became a new a distinct cultre. Similar to mexico.


Im proud to be Canadian, and you guys should be proud to be Americans(regardless of your colour).

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Christina Marie » February 26th, 2011, 3:43 am

I am not even proud to be human anymore sometimes with some of the things we are apparently capable of much less worry about the color of skin

Scooby318
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 59
Joined: September 20th, 2009, 6:13 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Kentucky
What city do you live in now?: Shreveport
Location: South

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Scooby318 » March 16th, 2011, 12:27 pm

Most American institutions were established by whites for whites when this country was founded. All of the religious institutions, social systems, holidays, businesses and corporations to this day are a majority white-owned and run. So to get mad that you don't have a WET, White History Month, affirmative action shows you are ready to disregard ALL of the perks and advantages of being white in America to complain about minorities struggling to get a piece of the American Pie.

Whites complaining about minorities? It's disgusting. :oops:

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 315
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 3:18 pm
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » March 17th, 2011, 11:00 am

interesting posts...but ummm...this has nothing to do with gangs. by the way...and it's long over-due????? lmao after hundreds of years of murder, slavery, exploitation of every none white person and it's long over due????? lmao owning the united states isn't enough??? lmao if you're proud to be white that's fine....just accept that you have, in your history, enslaving black people, raping black women, trying to sterilize black men, committing genocide on the natives, using biological warfare against the natives, taking their lands, declaring war on the mexicans who were in the west before the whites, and then buying their land for cheap, (yes the mexicans were in the west BEFORE white people), what else? casting out the chinese even though they built most of the railroads that connected the united states. oh yeah..the encampment of the japanese, who were americans, during ww2. these weren't isloated events. these were, umm i don't know, most of the united states history. if you're can live with all that then yes be proud. THAT IS YOUR HISTORY IN AMERICA. NOT MY OPINION. TRUTH.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 749
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 1:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key
Location: Texas

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 17th, 2011, 12:48 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:
But forget the blacks, what about the NAtives...millions dead, brainwashed and shoved off to reservations, I just look at them and shake my head, since they have no great leader to speak for all of them we easily forget about them and say "oh, yeah... The whites did that to you, you were a noble people" and we forget, but I can't because I think it can happen again, to others, with the means of a contemporary society.
Its a bad thing. For example when a metis from Manitoba goes to America and identifies as a metis(Metis is the predominate culture in that province) to the Americans there of the same White/Native mix, the americans there dont know what a metis is. Its not isolated to that either the cajun lifestyle is being pushed aside these days in the age of assimilation too. (Cajuns are french setteles from Acadia moved to liousiana)..... And these peopel are mostly white also

When the Sioux were being exterminated by the American Army they were offered temporary asylum in Canada, but due to political pressure from the American government were forced back to the American Plains to be arrested by the states. (Gotta hand it to the American Army for being pussies killing women and children and the buffalo)....


For example compare the amount of Indian/white wars between Canada and America and you will notice that the majority of battles between the two were actually Metis VS the white settlers. Contact was mostly peaceful because since the beginning France had a very peaceful approach to the Natives of North America. (As evidenced by the huge similarities between Native and French Quebec Culture).

The natives up north in our Territories are given alot of Automony in their own affairs, you will find government sponsered programs that encourage the natives and inuits to continue there cutlure. For example street signs , advertising, television channels in Historic Cree Communities are offered in Cree complete with there alphabit and everything. The inuit languages are official languages of the territories..

Any mineral exploration done in our wilderness cant proceed without consent from the local Native band in the area. This has insured that money and income flow to Northern Communities. We also sport an increasing native population from America that is moving here. Native reserves here provide free health care for its members with money suppklied by the government. Are allowed to regualte the wildlife on their land, and are exempt from the HST.

The company i work for hires natives just the same as they hire white, asians, arabs, and africans. But its mostly whites and natives and everything is great... For example look at the "War of 1812" and you will notice that the majority of Native tribes fought for Canada, which should say something about my country.

Although things arent that peachy the natives of Northern Saskatchewan and some parts of Alberta and manitoba have communities which are openly hostile to anyone (even natives not from the province). I remember going to La Ronge Saskatchewan and i had a my favourite sick as buck knife on me. But the funny thing is that these same people actually identify themselves as Canadians. This speaks alot.

You can actually compare parts of Canada to Mexico because of the predominate Metis/meztizo similarities the two countries share. You will find alot of white people on the reserves in canada, including alot of White looking natives. They 95% of the time have french last names which reflects the history.... We take it here that when Europeans came to canada it was a merging of two cultures that became a new a distinct cultre. Similar to mexico.


Im proud to be Canadian, and you guys should be proud to be Americans(regardless of your colour).
Interesting are you saying ,on average that French Canadians have a great of Indian blood? Or just in some regions of Canada this occurs?

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1018
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 8:17 pm
Location: Everywhere in Canada

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 17th, 2011, 3:09 pm

Mostly in the quebec, northern ontario regions. even the ones that look white(blue eyes, lighter than brown hair) will have a grandparent or great grand parent that was a native... You will also see a fair number of natives in these regions with a hint of red in their beards..... My white boss looks 100% white and is french canadian but has slightly squinty eyes.... If a french men from canada tells you his family was here a very long time, there is a very high chance one or more of his decsendents were native.... basically the longer their family has been here the chances of them having native blood are high

Now i have a question when i read about the europeans coming to canada, they called them the bearded whiteman...... And some natives i know who look 100% native have beards. So i take it that they had descendents from back in the day that were white. The same as white people who look 100% white had native descendents, and tend to be pretty hairless. So in my opinion i think it works both ways.....

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by perongregory » March 17th, 2011, 4:45 pm

U mean ancestors not descendants.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1018
Joined: September 6th, 2007, 8:17 pm
Location: Everywhere in Canada

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 17th, 2011, 5:52 pm

my bad, but yes thats what i meant

EmperorPenguin
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1155
Joined: February 21st, 2006, 3:01 am

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by EmperorPenguin » May 20th, 2011, 2:18 pm

Part of the reason "metis" is so hard to distinguish is a metis is at best, 50% "native" to begin with. A metis is a mix of native and european. It in and of itself is not native at all. Although a metis is allowed the same native rights as any other recognize tribe, which I find odd. You normally have to be no greater then 1/16 part of any one tribe, including metis, which as a pure metis is 50% native to begin with.

Although your statement that:
The natives up north in our Territories are given alot of Automony in their own affairs, you will find government sponsered programs that encourage the natives and inuits to continue there cutlure. For example street signs , advertising, television channels in Historic Cree Communities are offered in Cree complete with there alphabit and everything. The inuit languages are official languages of the territories..

Isn't totally true. In the Yukon territory alone there has been no settled land claims. There are no reserves and although land claims are in the process, it causes a stale mate between the tribes putting in claims for sections of land as well as any government or agency trying to use the land. And although tribes are giving the ability to control some of their own affairs, it's like any government run plan. You have the higher ups, some times cheifs, or just ruling people, who decide how money is spent or how things are developed. And like any agency, you have mass corruption. You have your average natives who see next to no benefit from their tribes. They may be given homes that they live in, but get zero equity from it and never truly OWN anything the tribes let them have.

I'd say that we are setup better for our native people here then our friends to the south, but it is still quite a bad situation and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Side note, there's actually quite a few african american/native people up here. During WWII most of the americans sent up this way to build the Alaska Highway were African American and ended up with the local native women and had a lot of fun apparently. Same situation in Manitoba where you get a lot of red haired native. The Scots settled there a long time ago.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 21st, 2011, 5:41 am

If you are proud to be white, GOOD! you have that right, just like I'm proud to be black. After reading the above threads, I think everybody has valid points. However, I don't think race matters like it used to. It is my perspective that its about financial status. I think that now, if you are poor and white, black, hispanic or any other race, you will be persecuted the same way minorities were in years past. For example, I live in Alabama. There are communities here that boost home prices in that area up so high as to keep certain people out. Now if you are black, and can afford to buy the house, then you are welcome, because you are viewed differently that your lower income black. Just like in the Spike lee move, Do the right Thing. When He was talking to the italian guy about the entertainers and atheletes. He said that Michael Jordan is not a regular black, because its all about Economics.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 749
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 1:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key
Location: Texas

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 26th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Que polo

I do agree that economic status is a factor but I would not ally myself with some one just because they share the same economic class as me.Money is just a one of the factors of power in the US. There other aspects like connections,political affiliation,education etc,.

But I dare not to think that whites would view us the same just because you share the same economic class as them,they surely would take you more seriously if you have more money , but when you have a higher income what kind of business are you in,Blacks in the US do not have a vast array of corporate rapport.
Would you share the same corporate field,same union ,same fraternity,
Even with local issues that arise in the white and black community you see the difference when blacks are trying to make a change.
whites go to the town hall meetings, most blacks go to the community center.

They were rich Creoles ,blacks,and mulattoes in Cuba who fought for independence but the blacks and rich blacks at that still ended up not having that much political influence.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 27th, 2011, 4:06 am

ViciousRidah wrote:Que polo

I do agree that economic status is a factor but I would not ally myself with some one just because they share the same economic class as me.Money is just a one of the factors of power in the US. There other aspects like connections,political affiliation,education etc,.

But I dare not to think that whites would view us the same just because you share the same economic class as them,they surely would take you more seriously if you have more money , but when you have a higher income what kind of business are you in,Blacks in the US do not have a vast array of corporate rapport.
Would you share the same corporate field,same union ,same fraternity,
Even with local issues that arise in the white and black community you see the difference when blacks are trying to make a change.
whites go to the town hall meetings, most blacks go to the community center.

They were rich Creoles ,blacks,and mulattoes in Cuba who fought for independence but the blacks and rich blacks at that still ended up not having that much political influence.
@ViciousRidah- As always, you bring up some great points. When I speak on economics, I'm not saying that whites accept us strictly for economic reasons, but that they view us differently. I do think that it is one of the main reasons that the seperation exists. Economics is what is dividing everyone now. Even white communities won't acccept their own, if they are not in the same financial class. Something similar to the elite mindset. Even in the black community, when a black person gets paid, do they typically stay in the same neighborhoods, no most of them move into the upper scale white neighborhoods and never look back. Back in the day, when there was segregation, they couldn't do that. Wealthy black people were forced to stay in the community and their financial resources would stay in the community and help. Now we have no uppper income bracket. Desegregation was the biggest destroyer of the black community than anything else, except for crack.

There will always be those that stay divided due to race, there is no doubt about that. However, I travel often and I see more neighborhoods that are racially mixed that ever before. I don't think that people necessarily live next to one another because they want to, but that economics dictates it. White flight still exists.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 749
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 1:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key
Location: Texas

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by ViciousRidah » May 27th, 2011, 2:11 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
ViciousRidah wrote:Que polo

I do agree that economic status is a factor but I would not ally myself with some one just because they share the same economic class as me.Money is just a one of the factors of power in the US. There other aspects like connections,political affiliation,education etc,.

But I dare not to think that whites would view us the same just because you share the same economic class as them,they surely would take you more seriously if you have more money , but when you have a higher income what kind of business are you in,Blacks in the US do not have a vast array of corporate rapport.
Would you share the same corporate field,same union ,same fraternity,
Even with local issues that arise in the white and black community you see the difference when blacks are trying to make a change.
whites go to the town hall meetings, most blacks go to the community center.

They were rich Creoles ,blacks,and mulattoes in Cuba who fought for independence but the blacks and rich blacks at that still ended up not having that much political influence.
@ViciousRidah- As always, you bring up some great points. When I speak on economics, I'm not saying that whites accept us strictly for economic reasons, but that they view us differently. I do think that it is one of the main reasons that the seperation exists. Economics is what is dividing everyone now. Even white communities won't acccept their own, if they are not in the same financial class. Something similar to the elite mindset. Even in the black community, when a black person gets paid, do they typically stay in the same neighborhoods, no most of them move into the upper scale white neighborhoods and never look back. Back in the day, when there was segregation, they couldn't do that. Wealthy black people were forced to stay in the community and their financial resources would stay in the community and help. Now we have no uppper income bracket. Desegregation was the biggest destroyer of the black community than anything else, except for crack.

There will always be those that stay divided due to race, there is no doubt about that. However, I travel often and I see more neighborhoods that are racially mixed that ever before. I don't think that people necessarily live next to one another because they want to, but that economics dictates it. White flight still exists.

No doubt, I would definitely think blacks need to get some funds to move up in life.I wouldn't necessarily say that we need whites to accept us, we would probably need to meet at a common ground.That's the problem of always wanting whites to accept you,that may not happen, but what people need to do is at least have whites be cordial and have respect towards blacks,thus and therefore there would be a better atmosphere for both whites and blacks in this country to do business with each other.

You dropped a jewel about rich upper class blacks not being able to move into rich neighborhoods.I know about the housing clauses certain counties and cities had, that didn't allow blacks looking to apply for a loan that usually stated they were not eligible for them in certain neighborhoods.

But blacks did have certain affluent neighborhoods to move into, I think certain places like DC and Harlem were they were some rich blacks. Not all upper class blacks couldn't move into a certain neighborhood because not all were segregated if i'm correct, well I can't speak on how it was for blacks buying houses in the south back then.

There are more neighborhoods that are becoming more integrated due to gentrification.Upper class Blacks and upper class whites are now living in the same neighborhood as of today, and for the first time we see whites moving to Black neighborhoods, in full force.

Places like Harlem and DC have whites moving into black neighborhoods.And blacks and whites both have money and are moving into neighborhoods that were once criminal nests.
But they are also totally wealthy black neighborhoods across the country example is ,Buckhead GA.So you can have it both ways move to a rich integrated neighborhood or rich black neighborhood.

The point is that economic class ain't going to change everything.Its only a part of it.

CaliBoy97
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 12:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Compton
Location: Compton
Contact:

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by CaliBoy97 » November 28th, 2011, 11:58 pm

@Christina and everyone else......

As my African studies professor once said,

"Black pride is not necessarily taking pride in just the accomplishments, but theacknowledgement of the struggles associated with being black."

With that being said, it would be politically incorrect to celebrate "white pride" on the basis that whites, at least those that landed in the U.S didn't achieve this greatness by pure altruism. To celebrate U.S. White pride is also to celebrate the destruction the bugfalo, a source of food and clothing for Native Americans. It's also a celwbration of slavery, a celebration of Jim Crow, a celebration of "white's only" resturants. In other words its not just the good you celebrate but the bad. Because U.S whotes had an advantage of being successful at the expense of others merely being proud of being white is to indirectly glorify that.

Black Pride is the reversal. Because blacks were the disadvantaged group since the 1600's to be proud of being black is to acknowledge the success from struggle. Its about the success of black leaders fighting for equality. Its abouy lifting the apartheid in Africa.

Thomas Edison known for creating the light bulb was given credit but a black man designed the inner mechanism that allows the conduction of electricity to light up (under the supervision of Edison). There were many accomplishments blacks had down that never came to light due to racism.

I say all this to say that I am not saying dont be proud, but understand that when you say "white pride" you also acknowledge the bad to

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Silencioso » November 30th, 2011, 2:19 pm

The people who say "white pride" are generally racists. That's my only problem with "white pride". Non racist whites take pride in their ethnic groups - Irish, Italian,Polish etc. - or even their region/city. But not their "race".

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Silencioso » November 30th, 2011, 2:30 pm

CaliBoy97 wrote:@Christina and everyone else......

As my African studies professor once said,

"Black pride is not necessarily taking pride in just the accomplishments, but theacknowledgement of the struggles associated with being black."

With that being said, it would be politically incorrect to celebrate "white pride" on the basis that whites, at least those that landed in the U.S didn't achieve this greatness by pure altruism. To celebrate U.S. White pride is also to celebrate the destruction the bugfalo, a source of food and clothing for Native Americans. It's also a celwbration of slavery, a celebration of Jim Crow, a celebration of "white's only" resturants. In other words its not just the good you celebrate but the bad. Because U.S whotes had an advantage of being successful at the expense of others merely being proud of being white is to indirectly glorify that.

Black Pride is the reversal. Because blacks were the disadvantaged group since the 1600's to be proud of being black is to acknowledge the success from struggle. Its about the success of black leaders fighting for equality. Its abouy lifting the apartheid in Africa.

Thomas Edison known for creating the light bulb was given credit but a black man designed the inner mechanism that allows the conduction of electricity to light up (under the supervision of Edison). There were many accomplishments blacks had down that never came to light due to racism.

I say all this to say that I am not saying dont be proud, but understand that when you say "white pride" you also acknowledge the bad to
So "white pride" has negatige bagage attached to it but "black pride" is pure and noble? Good luck getting a working class or poor white person to believe that.

I think by definition "(fill in the race) Pride" is an expression of the positive aspects of a group and an assertion of their basic humanity and natural rights. The idea that whites have to embrace their negative history but other racial groups don't ,simply doesn't work in a healthy multiracial society.

Again, my problem with "white pride" is that the people that say it are almost always racist.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 592
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra
Location: Sacramento

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by MCD » November 30th, 2011, 10:49 pm

CaliBoy97 wrote:@Christina and everyone else......

As my African studies professor once said,

"Black pride is not necessarily taking pride in just the accomplishments, but theacknowledgement of the struggles associated with being black."

With that being said, it would be politically incorrect to celebrate "white pride" on the basis that whites, at least those that landed in the U.S didn't achieve this greatness by pure altruism. To celebrate U.S. White pride is also to celebrate the destruction the bugfalo, a source of food and clothing for Native Americans. It's also a celwbration of slavery, a celebration of Jim Crow, a celebration of "white's only" resturants. In other words its not just the good you celebrate but the bad. Because U.S whotes had an advantage of being successful at the expense of others merely being proud of being white is to indirectly glorify that.

Black Pride is the reversal. Because blacks were the disadvantaged group since the 1600's to be proud of being black is to acknowledge the success from struggle. Its about the success of black leaders fighting for equality. Its abouy lifting the apartheid in Africa.

Thomas Edison known for creating the light bulb was given credit but a black man designed the inner mechanism that allows the conduction of electricity to light up (under the supervision of Edison). There were many accomplishments blacks had down that never came to light due to racism.

I say all this to say that I am not saying dont be proud, but understand that when you say "white pride" you also acknowledge the bad to

CaliBoy97
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 12:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Compton
Location: Compton
Contact:

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by CaliBoy97 » December 10th, 2011, 8:38 pm

I don't think you understand me.

White pride takes on a different connotation just as White-German pride. Because despite the accomplishments there is also the negatives that taint this pride. For U.S whites, its slavery and the taking of the indigenous peoples lands. For German whites it was the Holocaust. I am sorry but the fact is there are a lot of whites since the early centuries who made success at the expense of others. Hell, the only thing in my opinion to be proud of is the decleration of independence. IMHO

CaliBoy97
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 12:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Compton
Location: Compton
Contact:

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by CaliBoy97 » December 10th, 2011, 9:01 pm

I want to further add to the comment of "Or black pride is pure and noble?"

First off African-American aggression is a byproduct of systemic injustice. I mean if you continue to mistreat any living creature it will eventually fight back. Similarly, through centuries of injustice came black nationalism, nation of islam and black panthers. All groups focusing past and current racial injustices. Although African-American heritage shares some negative press, it is only a byproduct of 450+ years of oppression IMHO

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 592
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra
Location: Sacramento

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by MCD » December 11th, 2011, 10:41 am

CaliBoy97 wrote:I want to further add to the comment of "Or black pride is pure and noble?"

First off African-American aggression is a byproduct of systemic injustice. I mean if you continue to mistreat any living creature it will eventually fight back. Similarly, through centuries of injustice came black nationalism, nation of islam and black panthers. All groups focusing past and current racial injustices. Although African-American heritage shares some negative press, it is only a byproduct of 450+ years of oppression IMHO
I wrote a long ass reply under my quote but it got erased somehow. But what I wanted to say was your professor's comment basically sums it up.

The white people who are for some reason angry with the terms "Brown/Black Pride" want so bad for their own version "White Power" to be socially acceptable. But the argument of equating the terms is completely flawed. Brown/Black Pride arose as a tool not to impose racial superiority, but to empower groups of people that were blatantly discriminated against and even subjected to racially motivated violence.

Outside of Brown/Black pride (which is instinctively perceived as latino/african-american pride respectively) you may have Mexican Pride, Boricua Pride, Nicoy pride, or maybe even Kenyan/Ethiopian pride. So how about this, instead of adopting the term used by racist fringe groups, white people should look into their family's national origin. White people aren't just white, they are Spanish, Italian, slavic, Russian, English, etc. If you really must be proud of your background, pick one and roll with it! It's far more acceptable than using a term with racist connotation.

If you're mixed...well, most mixed people I meet do not identify with or embrace any particular culture because it's pointless, they would be representing 5 or 6 different countries and in most cases their parents have the same mindset.

To advocate the accepted use of "White Power" which itself has been a tool to impose racial superiority is simply inconsiderate. Use your damn common sense and like I said, choose a nationality if you really must show pride.

CaliBoy97
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 12:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Compton
Location: Compton
Contact:

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by CaliBoy97 » December 12th, 2011, 6:26 pm

MCD wrote:
CaliBoy97 wrote:I want to further add to the comment of "Or black pride is pure and noble?"

First off African-American aggression is a byproduct of systemic injustice. I mean if you continue to mistreat any living creature it will eventually fight back. Similarly, through centuries of injustice came black nationalism, nation of islam and black panthers. All groups focusing past and current racial injustices. Although African-American heritage shares some negative press, it is only a byproduct of 450+ years of oppression IMHO
I wrote a long ass reply under my quote but it got erased somehow. But what I wanted to say was your professor's comment basically sums it up.

The white people who are for some reason angry with the terms "Brown/Black Pride" want so bad for their own version "White Power" to be socially acceptable. But the argument of equating the terms is completely flawed. Brown/Black Pride arose as a tool not to impose racial superiority, but to empower groups of people that were blatantly discriminated against and even subjected to racially motivated violence.

Outside of Brown/Black pride (which is instinctively perceived as latino/african-american pride respectively) you may have Mexican Pride, Boricua Pride, Nicoy pride, or maybe even Kenyan/Ethiopian pride. So how about this, instead of adopting the term used by racist fringe groups, white people should look into their family's national origin. White people aren't just white, they are Spanish, Italian, slavic, Russian, English, etc. If you really must be proud of your background, pick one and roll with it! It's far more acceptable than using a term with racist connotation.

If you're mixed...well, most mixed people I meet do not identify with or embrace any particular culture because it's pointless, they would be representing 5 or 6 different countries and in most cases their parents have the same mindset.

To advocate the accepted use of "White Power" which itself has been a tool to impose racial superiority is simply inconsiderate. Use your damn common sense and like I said, choose a nationality if you really must show pride.
You absolutely right! You brought up points I forgot to mention.

Brown/Black/Native American pride historically was basically about overcoming injustices done to them in a highly racist America. But yes thank you for bringing up those points.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 592
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra
Location: Sacramento

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by MCD » January 29th, 2012, 9:23 pm

No problem, jus clearing it up for people who want to scream "double-standard" when it's obvious why White Power is unacceptable. And truth be told, if you need to say "White" because you have no clue which particular culture of white people you originate from (spanish, italian, etc), you probably don't need to be expressing ethnic or racial pride anyways.

Tacobender
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 27
Joined: July 8th, 2012, 10:17 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Huntington Beach

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Tacobender » July 29th, 2012, 2:50 pm

wow!! According to this thread everybody is a G.D. racist.

User avatar
HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 276
Joined: May 25th, 2010, 6:19 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by HungryWolf » August 1st, 2012, 10:00 am

Man, what's going on here????

Blacks this, whites that, Germans here, Mexicans there. Pride, hate, whatever. U ppl gotta recognize that u can't change what u are. Speaking for me I am white and I am German. There comes a certain heritage with that fact. But there is absolutely nothing at all to be proud of this things and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of as well. U know why? Because the only things u could be proud of is of the things u do urself. Same is true for the things u should be ashamed of. For example being proud of the thing u accomplished in live or be ashamed for the mistakes u made.

Get over that race and nation stuff. I as a German know exactly what I am talking about...

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 3rd, 2012, 4:37 am

HungryWolf wrote:Man, what's going on here????

Blacks this, whites that, Germans here, Mexicans there. Pride, hate, whatever. U ppl gotta recognize that u can't change what u are. Speaking for me I am white and I am German. There comes a certain heritage with that fact. But there is absolutely nothing at all to be proud of this things and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of as well. U know why? Because the only things u could be proud of is of the things u do urself. Same is true for the things u should be ashamed of. For example being proud of the thing u accomplished in live or be ashamed for the mistakes u made.

Get over that race and nation stuff. I as a German know exactly what I am talking about...

Funny you say "we" should get over any "pride" in ones race or nationality but you keep bringing up your German heritage. Hmmmmmmmmm

User avatar
HungryWolf
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 276
Joined: May 25th, 2010, 6:19 am
Country: Germany
If in the United States: Florida
What city do you live in now?: Bochum

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by HungryWolf » August 3rd, 2012, 5:08 am

Well, cut that out and my main point will be exactly the same. Apart from that: Having a certain ethnic influence on your personality doesn't mean u have to be proud of it. Acceptance is the thing. So, don't try to twist my words.

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Re: Proud To Be White (And it's long over-due.)

Unread post by Christina Marie » August 4th, 2012, 6:28 pm

HungryWolf wrote:Well, cut that out and my main point will be exactly the same. Apart from that: Having a certain ethnic influence on your personality doesn't mean u have to be proud of it. Acceptance is the thing. So, don't try to twist my words.

As long as a person acts straight with me I don't give a shit what race they are. However I AM also proud of my heritage, I am second generation American Russian Doukhobor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doukhobor and German Jew. I wasn't twisting you're words around. Maybe you should take more care to say what you mean then.

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”