Genetic Racial Make Up Of Latin America

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key

Genetic Racial Make Up Of Latin America

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 11th, 2010, 11:35 pm

To my understanding countries like Cuba are just predominantly Mulatto, there some traces of Native American and East Asian ancestry there. Argentina and Chile is mostly Castizo ,Mestizo, and Crillo. Then in countries like Brazil it gets complicated because they're ancestry is very mixed ,most inhabitants are called pardo, some inhabitants have Native American, Japanese, Iberian, and Sub-Saharan African ancestry .

Here's the autosomal DNA of Puerto Ricans, meaning a full run down of most Puerto Ricans total ancestry.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2727756/

The estimated ancestral proportions of individuals are plotted in Figure 1. The ancestral composition is on average 57.2±15.2 (%) European with a range in individuals of 7.7 to 90.3%, 27.4±15.2 (%) African with a range of 3.7 to 84.6%, and 15.4±6.5 (%) Native American with a range of 3.8 to 57.9%. As depicted in Fig. 1, the ancestries of the Puerto Ricans studied here were mostly related to Europeans.

Mexican are mostly mestizo and so are Salvis,Guatamalans , and Ecuadorans.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Genetic Racial Make Up Of Latin America

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 8:09 am

If the one drop rule applies then PR would be black --as is evidenced by their offspring being black looking although both parents would resemble what would be considered mestizo. In happens quite frequently and probably why the one drop rule ever existed. Brazil and other countries in Latin America dont have a race per se ---and their definitions on race dont resemble the old colonial version of race at all. I read a story of an African American who travelled to Brazil and was astounded that clearly black-African descendants would deny they were African at all. The conversation of race he had was impossible for him to have with Brazilians because although they were clearly mullatoes ---they viewed the word "black" as limited to less mixed Brazilians or those whom held higher rates of African. A person of mixed white/black ancestry was in their eyes WHITE, and their eyes an impossibility to be BLACK as BLACK is a color and not a race. Weird compared to the American model on race-where someone is black by merely having facial features of a African. In Mexico the race situation is you are mestizo or you are indian. White Mexicans or those whom resemble the " latin version" of white ( IE. Italian-Meditterean-Greek-Spaniard) are considered Mexican mexican. The least amount of Indian blood the higher your social status-the more pursued by females and the most likely to get a welcome greetings from the parents when introduced as a mate. My personal experience --up until my research on race and race based perceptions was naivete'. I figured out why I was recieving extra attention till way later on in life. Is it a coincidence that even amongst Mexicans those whom resemble "latins" tend to date and marry eachother? While those who are mestizo tend to pursue those who are latin? Their is a vast array of interbreeding but even in Mexico ideals on beauty-intelligence and your ability to prosper are defined by race. As much so and probably alot more stringently then in the USA. Countries like Costa Rica make assumptions on race alot more openly then anyone would ever care to do here in the USA. Costa Ricans openly announce that their country is prosperous when compared to Guatemela and El Salvador because they are a white nation while the others are simply ignorant indians. How would that be met with in the USA? yet its an open dialogue in Latin America. Daughters are encouraged to date up and marry up and that means not dating anyone who could cause their offspring to resemble an indigenous "latin american" ( indian-mongoloid) and yet despite this the countries majority class is alot more indian then mestizo. Even in Los Angelos -the situation is similar. I remember feeling a bit surprised by the mexicans who were migrating from deeper parts of Mexico in the 90s and saw the differences were really pronounced against those Mexicans from states like Guadalajara and Sinaloa were white or latin is the norm and finding a mestizo and or indian is the rarity.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » October 12th, 2010, 9:00 am

mayugastank wrote:If the one drop rule applies then PR would be black --as is evidenced by their offspring being black looking although both parents would resemble what would be considered mestizo. In happens quite frequently and probably why the one drop rule ever existed. Brazil and other countries in Latin America dont have a race per se ---and their definitions on race dont resemble the old colonial version of race at all. I read a story of an African American who travelled to Brazil and was astounded that clearly black-African descendants would deny they were African at all. The conversation of race he had was impossible for him to have with Brazilians because although they were clearly mullatoes ---they viewed the word "black" as limited to less mixed Brazilians or those whom held higher rates of African. A person of mixed white/black ancestry was in their eyes WHITE, and their eyes an impossibility to be BLACK as BLACK is a color and not a race. Weird compared to the American model on race-where someone is black by merely having facial features of a African. In Mexico the race situation is you are mestizo or you are indian. White Mexicans or those whom resemble the " latin version" of white ( IE. Italian-Meditterean-Greek-Spaniard) are considered Mexican mexican. The least amount of Indian blood the higher your social status-the more pursued by females and the most likely to get a welcome greetings from the parents when introduced as a mate. My personal experience --up until my research on race and race based perceptions was naivete'. I figured out why I was recieving extra attention till way later on in life. Is it a coincidence that even amongst Mexicans those whom resemble "latins" tend to date and marry eachother? While those who are mestizo tend to pursue those who are latin? Their is a vast array of interbreeding but even in Mexico ideals on beauty-intelligence and your ability to prosper are defined by race. As much so and probably alot more stringently then in the USA. Countries like Costa Rica make assumptions on race alot more openly then anyone would ever care to do here in the USA. Costa Ricans openly announce that their country is prosperous when compared to Guatemela and El Salvador because they are a white nation while the others are simply ignorant indians. How would that be met with in the USA? yet its an open dialogue in Latin America. Daughters are encouraged to date up and marry up and that means not dating anyone who could cause their offspring to resemble an indigenous "latin american" ( indian-mongoloid) and yet despite this the countries majority class is alot more indian then mestizo. Even in Los Angelos -the situation is similar. I remember feeling a bit surprised by the mexicans who were migrating from deeper parts of Mexico in the 90s and saw the differences were really pronounced against those Mexicans from states like Guadalajara and Sinaloa were white or latin is the norm and finding a mestizo and or indian is the rarity.
Yup, and this social standing by way of ethnic makeup or even simply skin color(of people of the same ethnic makeup or background) is not mutually exclusive to Latin America. It happens in Asia too, in (mainland) China, and to some extent Hong Kong and Macao. The darker the skin you have the less favorable you're looked upon for so many different reasons because people with darker skin are stereotyped as getting their darker complexion from working in the Fields, even if you yourself are not an agricultural worker it's assume by some that your family was and hence your dark skin. It's sort of like a complexion based caste system >.<
Subsequently theres a multi-million dollar sub-industry for cosmetics that whiten/lighten your skin used by all, even those with already light skin wishing to keep their complexion.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 10:06 am

I havent heard too much about that in Asiatic countries and I wonder really if it has to do with desires for European Whitenss like in Latin America. Latin America doesnt value the white skin of whites -as much as the facial bone structure of a person of latin descent( italian-spanish-greek-mediterrean) that make this person of either darker skin or lighter skin attractive. Its a real weird theory and me and sentenza and others covered the concept in another thread.I doubt that a light skinned asiatic could ever resemble a caucasian and yet in Latin America very frequently they do. INDIO BLANCO is a term used to describe latinos who are light skinned but have held onto the bone structure of an indian "being a white indian". Yet a mestizo who holds the bone structure of "latinness" is considered FINA....or fine. BE it man or woman. Latin American discrimination based on class-wealth-color-and bone structure is much more prevelant then any sort of racial debate had here in the states. I knew a girl who was white american who travelled to Costa Rica and had a Black American in her group of friends --they said people would openly show race disapproval of their friendship and companionship with a black. But you travel down the road to the next state over ( Panama) and race is addressed as in a similar fashion of Brazil. I tend to be of the school of thought that bone structure is FAR FAR more a determinator of race and race based prejudices. Ive known latinas --dark as mahogany who were the desire of every white and black in sight/ yet I also knew latinas of the same variety who werent the desire of "ALL". Universally -the bone structure -and attractiveness is what factors how people treat eachother alot more often , I believe , then genetic makeup-skin color. How really does a caucasian who happens to be born in Argentina, come to be called hispanic? I mean thats clearly the case in Argentina-Venezuela-Costa Rica-and many -other "parts" of Latin American countires-like swaths of Nicaragua and Mexico-and Cuba-Puerto Rico were people are essentially "latin".Race is a weird and hard to define thing in many spanish speaking countries due to like the article above says a bigger margin of non-native peoples having resided in countries where the original indigenous people were wiped out due to disease-thus leaving really "tourists-visitors-conquistadors" to define the genetic makeup of the countrys. For instance the taino bloodlines are essentially non existant in PR -and have been non existant since almost immediately after the Spanish landed in PR. How could the people not be of either black -spanish bloodlines? I dont know too many places in Asia with sitautions like that-maybe the Phillipines.

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » October 12th, 2010, 12:18 pm

mayugastank wrote:I havent heard too much about that in Asiatic countries and I wonder really if it has to do with desires for European Whitenss like in Latin America. Latin America doesnt value the white skin of whites -as much as the facial bone structure of a person of latin descent( italian-spanish-greek-mediterrean) that make this person of either darker skin or lighter skin attractive. Its a real weird theory and me and sentenza and others covered the concept in another thread.I doubt that a light skinned asiatic could ever resemble a caucasian and yet in Latin America very frequently they do. INDIO BLANCO is a term used to describe latinos who are light skinned but have held onto the bone structure of an indian "being a white indian". Yet a mestizo who holds the bone structure of "latinness" is considered FINA....or fine. BE it man or woman. Latin American discrimination based on class-wealth-color-and bone structure is much more prevelant then any sort of racial debate had here in the states. I knew a girl who was white american who travelled to Costa Rica and had a Black American in her group of friends --they said people would openly show race disapproval of their friendship and companionship with a black. But you travel down the road to the next state over ( Panama) and race is addressed as in a similar fashion of Brazil. I tend to be of the school of thought that bone structure is FAR FAR more a determinator of race and race based prejudices. Ive known latinas --dark as mahogany who were the desire of every white and black in sight/ yet I also knew latinas of the same variety who werent the desire of "ALL". Universally -the bone structure -and attractiveness is what factors how people treat eachother alot more often , I believe , then genetic makeup-skin color. How really does a caucasian who happens to be born in Argentina, come to be called hispanic? I mean thats clearly the case in Argentina-Venezuela-Costa Rica-and many -other "parts" of Latin American countires-like swaths of Nicaragua and Mexico-and Cuba-Puerto Rico were people are essentially "latin".Race is a weird and hard to define thing in many spanish speaking countries due to like the article above says a bigger margin of non-native peoples having resided in countries where the original indigenous people were wiped out due to disease-thus leaving really "tourists-visitors-conquistadors" to define the genetic makeup of the countrys. For instance the taino bloodlines are essentially non existant in PR -and have been non existant since almost immediately after the Spanish landed in PR. How could the people not be of either black -spanish bloodlines? I dont know too many places in Asia with sitautions like that-maybe the Phillipines.
In Japan it seems to be directly tied in with their fascination with Western(American) culture, in China though it's the desire to be lighter, or not dark I should say, is age old and tied directly into social standings, predating the cultural revolution well back into the empirical, dynastic days. And with China's, and to some extent Japan and Korea(when it comes to fashion and pop culture) vast influence on all of Asia, albeit direct or indirect, the trend became the norm. There are some gray areas though, for instance Taiwan. Taiwanese are very much Chinese by decent, and China argues they are a Chinese territory, and the latest Govt is Chinese "sympathetic" and acknowledges this, though upon visiting Taiwan, disregarding the language(Putonghua, ie Mandarin) you'd notice it's influences and general modern culture appears closer to Japanese than Chinese.

Anyways, sorry for dragging this slightly off topic, just wanted to bring up the semi similarity

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 12th, 2010, 4:57 pm

mayugastank wrote:
If the one drop rule applies then PR would be black --as is evidenced by their offspring being black looking although both parents would resemble what would be considered mestizo. In happens quite frequently and probably why the one drop rule ever existed. Brazil and other countries in Latin America dont have a race per se ---and their definitions on race dont resemble the old colonial version of race at all.
mayugastank wrote: How would that be met with in the USA? yet its an open dialogue in Latin America. Daughters are encouraged to date up and marry up and that means not dating anyone who could cause their offspring to resemble an indigenous "latin american" ( indian-mongoloid) and yet despite this the countries majority class is alot more indian then mestizo. Even in Los Angelos -the situation is similar. I remember feeling a bit surprised by the mexicans who were migrating from deeper parts of Mexico in the 90s and saw the differences were really pronounced against those Mexicans from states like Guadalajara and Sinaloa were white or latin is the norm and finding a mestizo and or indian is the rarity.

Thanks maygunstank,but I am not only trying to cover what races people would prefer to identify with in Latin America, I am trying to precisely make known what is the exact ancestry of citizens in Latin America country by country.Different Latin American countries vary on ancestry , their are some countries like the Dominican Republic and Brazil who have mullatto and mestizo mixed in together, in Argentina and Chile there mainly castizo or mestizo (basically more European ancestry than Native AMerican Indian), then in Panama it may be different amounts of native american Spanish, and Sub Saharan African within the population, different panamanians may be more mestizo, some more crillo, some more african some more mulatto, etc.

If I 'm not mistaken their was even a social caste system within latin america , I know crillos were at the top of the hierarchy , and depending on which country the more Indian or African American blood you had the more you were at the bottom. Of course if Africans and Native American Indians occupied were in the same country together , blacks would be at the bottom of the caste system rather than Indians.

Here's a caste system of old Latin America I found on webpage.

http://www.zonalatina.com/Zldata55.htm

1. Mestizo: Spanish father and Indian mother
2. Castizo: Spanish father and Mestizo mother
3. Espomolo: Spanish mother and Castizo father
4. Mulatto: Spanish and black African
5. Moor: Spanish and Mulatto
6. Albino: Spanish father and Moor mother
7. Throwback: Spanish father and Albino mother
8. Wolf: Throwback father and Indian mother
9. Zambiago: Wolf father and Indian mother
10. Cambujo: Zambiago father and Indian mother
11. Alvarazado: Cambujo father and Mulatto mother
12. Borquino: Alvarazado father and Mulatto mother
13. Coyote: Borquino father and Mulatto mother
14. Chamizo: Coyote father and Mulatto mother
15. Coyote-Mestizo: Cahmizo father and Mestizo mother
16. Ahi Tan Estas: Coyote-Mestizo father and Mulatto mother

On another note I found out that Cubans may have some amount of Taino or Native American ancestry.But Cuba should have east asian ancestry altogether.

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/Cub ... fault.aspx

Mt-DNA Haplogroups frecuencies

Main Racial lineages affinities of the Haplogroups found.

MT DNA
Sample size n=133. As of 08/17/2010
Eurasian haplogroups found: H, HV, I, J, K, T, U, V, W (Total Frequency: 41%)
Native American haplogroups found: A, B, C, D (Total Frequency: 39%)
Subsaharan Africa haplogroups found: L0, L1, L2, L3 (Total Frequency: 19%)

* Please note that some of this haplogroups are found among East Asian people, but given the history of Cuba and also the fact that barely any East Asian women came to Cuba with the Chinese migration that took place in the XIX century it is safe to assume that they come from a Native American source rather than East Asian.

I also found a byte on hispanic ancestry in New Mexico it may not be that relevant to the
genetic ancestry of Mexico but I was suprised to find that some ha d10% African DNA.Some mexicans only have 8% or less african DNA.I was also surprised to discover there is east asian traces in the New Mexican hispanic gene pool.

http://alibi.com/index.php?story=31683& ... _comment=y

There is also an Autosomal DNA Test, which calculated the percentage of European, Native American, East Asian and Sub-Saharan African blood. From the results I have seen, New Mexican results are generally scoring 55 to 70 percent European and 25 to 50 percent Native American with some New Mexicans scoring about 10 percent Sub-Saharan African or East Asian.

mayugastank wrote: Costa Ricans openly announce that their country is prosperous when compared to Guatemela and El Salvador because they are a white nation while the others are simply ignorant indians.
I never knew El Salvador had more European ancestry than Indian.9I thought it was mestizo.

mayugastank wrote: I read a story of an African American who travelled to Brazil and was astounded that clearly black-African descendants would deny they were African at all. A person of mixed white/black ancestry was in their eyes WHITE, and their eyes an impossibility to be BLACK as BLACK is a color and not a race.

It depends on what the brazilian looks like and what he identifies with, many people in Brazil identify with being pardo, and even that is cumbersome and pragmatic, because they are people who are just white and indian, or indian and asian(japanese), or white and black, but a person who is perceived to be mulatto and or mestizo would be one if he is labled one by the public usually.Then again what is your first hand account of what Brazilians identify with from your knowledge.Do you know the ancestry and genetic make up of Mexico , the thing is that it different province.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 12th, 2010, 5:46 pm

mayugastank wrote: I doubt that a light skinned asiatic could ever resemble a caucasian and yet in Latin America very frequently they do.

I don't know what you mean by Asiatic but usually it means some one of Middle Eastern Sub-Saharan, or Horn African stock.Middle Easterners usually do have a tan with sharp dolichocephalic facial features , they are more sharper and more asymetric than even Nordics.

But some East Asians do have these kind of features like Japanese, are the ones who might fit this category of having asymetric, aqualine noses, cheekbones, and fine chins. This is why they were favored by a lot of westerners during imperialism , even collaborators of Hitler and Axis Powers doing WWII. Different chinese ethnic groups possess these facial asymetric facial features also, it depends on which ethnic group one is observing. East Asia and South East Asia as a whole has plethora of phenotypes, take heed that racial diversity is all through out Asia ,''its a whole continent'' be it known. Some Cambodians and Thai are dark, were as Chinese and Koreans are light etc, but variances in facial appearances, as well as physical stature will be seen. It seems only East Asians can tell the differences between each other I would want to know what are the physical categorizations of ethnic groups there.

mayugastank wrote: Ive known latinas --dark as mahogany who were the desire of every white and black in sight/ yet I also knew latinas of the same variety who werent the desire of "ALL". Universally -the bone structure -and attractiveness is what factors how people treat eachother alot more often , I believe

Of course , fine bone structure is even preferred in Chinese,japanese and Asian models by the global mainstream. The human mind has a knack for symetry and fine pronounced features. Its not just in Asia,Europe or America, but all over the world, there is a common prerequisite for beauty,now some, probably more people globally, would favor light skin over dark skin( me I really don't care) but I think there is a common accordance of beauty that every man anywhere can agree on, at least facial wise, maybe not in physique as that may depend. Anthropologist have been classifying humans as caucasian ,mongolid, and
negroid, but that concept is to fallible and erroneous. In Africa there are some
HORN AFRICANS ,(Ethiopians Somalis,and Eritreans) ,
EAST AFRICANS (Tanzanians,Mozambiquans, Rwandans, Ugandans and Kenyans) ,Nigerians ,Senegalese who have what you call Caucacosoid features. Ethiopians are called Caucausoid not caucasian because of their facial features but that's inaccurate. Africa is very diverse, you have some ethnicities who would probably even fit the Mongolid phenotype,cause you have those kind of features seen there. Remember even in the hood there was that black girl who was called chinky eyed, well thats because of blacks diversity in Africa and elsewhere in the world .Only some Latinos,Native Americans, Africans can say they have Mongoloid features. But Middle Easterners and Europeans other than slavs don't have those kind of features.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 12th, 2010, 6:15 pm

I believe that their are definetly 3 main racial groups---but that however looks and height/weight proportions may vary quite differntly from region to region due to mixing ( of course with one of the 3 main groups) and also to do with obviously human gentic differences and the well known school of thought that humans travelled under 100 miles when finding a mate all thru history--even at present time. Latin America is an impossible to actually pin down by country as borders are a man made idea. For instance the Mayans of Chiapas obviously cross into the borders of Guatemala and Belize. Therefore the similarities amongst Guatemaleans and people from the states of chiapas and puebla in Mexico look similar to eachother--being as they are in all forms the same people-except that the border crossed them. Now in some 100 years teh differences in the 2 Mayans on different sides of teh border has grown. But irregardless we can without offending actually realize that categorizing people into the 3 main groups is pretty dam accurate! Some peoples may overlap as in the Africans from Ethiopa who mixed heavily with Middle Eastern caucasians---but usually people can pretty easily be placed into the (3) category. Mexico contains Caucasian and Mongoloid people-predominately. Some are darker and some are white as any caucasian yet they are definetly part of the big 3. Even the art and look of many aztecs resemble throwbacks to Mongolia.
Attachments
guatemela.jpg
Guatemalean
guatemela.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 7883 times
mongolian girl.jpg
mongolian
mongolian girl.jpg (3.6 KiB) Viewed 7883 times

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 13th, 2010, 11:02 am

mayugastank wrote:I believe that their are definetly 3 main racial groups---but that however looks and height/weight proportions may vary quite differntly from region to region due to mixing ( of course with one of the 3 main groups) and also to do with obviously human gentic differences and the well known school of thought that humans travelled under 100 miles when finding a mate all thru history--even at present time. Latin America is an impossible to actually pin down by country as borders are a man made idea. For instance the Mayans of Chiapas obviously cross into the borders of Guatemala and Belize. Therefore the similarities amongst Guatemaleans and people from the states of chiapas and puebla in Mexico look similar to eachother--being as they are in all forms the same people-except that the border crossed them. Now in some 100 years teh differences in the 2 Mayans on different sides of teh border has grown. But irregardless we can without offending actually realize that categorizing people into the 3 main groups is pretty dam accurate! Some peoples may overlap as in the Africans from Ethiopa who mixed heavily with Middle Eastern caucasians---but usually people can pretty easily be placed into the (3) category. Mexico contains Caucasian and Mongoloid people-predominately. Some are darker and some are white as any caucasian yet they are definetly part of the big 3. Even the art and look of many aztecs resemble throwbacks to Mongolia.
Latin America has great amount of racial admixture, even the so called full blooded Crillos (Gringos) would have 4% to 8% of native indian blood in them.In general Iberian ancestry seems to be the strongest and most prominent genes, in most Latin American countries gene pool, but of course in some provinces in Latin American countries Native indian may be more prominent than European and Black.What I was tripping on ,was how in countries like Puerto Rico,DR, and Cuba, the native american indian populous was virtually exterminated during imperialist periods , yet in these countries most Latinos there still retain traces of native american genes.

Quick note, Middle Easterners are Caucasoid not caucasian, its a big difference,and yes some Middle Eastern Semitics have intermarried with Horn Africans especially in countries like Eritrea, but the level of admixture is usually 10- 15%, not that significant.

In some countries like Mexico and Colombia they are traces of Semitic ancestry. Actually there Semitic people still living in Latin America . Salma Hayek and Shakira are half Middle Eastern (Lebanese). There is also some amount of sephardic genes present in populations of Latin America , in the 1800s many Sephardic Jews have migrated to the New World and still live in small communities in Latin America.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 13th, 2010, 10:13 pm

Yes -New Mexicans are pretty much a false race---and if you think about how quickly a people isolated from the big (3) racial categories--can become an individual race is amazing. You have new mexicans ( using your term) and native americans who very probably originated from the same group of asiatics ( mongolians) yet at the time of Columbus varied dramitically in height/weight/customs/beliefs....1 people became 2 and over time the differences grew more pronounced. Africans are the oldest race of man and obviously differences would become more pronounced thru millions of years of mixing within that 100 mile sphere of reproductivity. But obviously the differnces are going to be more pronounced where Caucasoids ( I knew this) and Africans touched like at the beltways of the middle east. When you said PRs still had high traces of Taino was this a DNA test /or a visual test ----because mixing black and white time and time again would start to give way to more caucasian features and still retaining darker skin---as in how PRs look. But yeah ---even if in the last 4 hundred years the Tainos were wiped out it doesnt tell us how long they bred for on that island essentially in isolation leading to PROBABLY a real strong bloodline due to no outside influences. It would be like trying to breed the trunk out of an elephant-----who probably had it since time immortal ----in a small segment of that elephants history....if that makes sense?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 13th, 2010, 10:23 pm

Maybe I misunderstood the schematic you posted but it seems like native american bloodlines in PR are really low ---but still there? I bet if these people (including cubans) didnt live on an island and in isolation --(Really think about how all islands are isloated) that native Taino wouldnt be there. But the isolation of the place has led to repetive breeding of black/white/native over and over. How could they not retain Taino in a circumstance like that?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 13th, 2010, 10:32 pm

One a side note ---dont ever tell a member of the mexican mafia I ever said that the original mexicans are mongolians---since their dogma ( rolls eyes ) says that they are the lost tribe of Atlantis who migrated from the other side of the world inbto Aztlan. Hence -the ability of the Aztecs to conquer mathematics---and gain vast knowledge of days and times ( another supremacist idea that says : The end time people would change dates and times, a trait supposedly only achievable by a God. But the Aztecs being descendants of AZTLAN or ATLANTIS....were able to master the calendar and pinpoint a new birth of man to a day....DECEMBER 24, 2011 and or DECEMBER 21,2012 for the Mayans...

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 14th, 2010, 2:33 am

mayugastank wrote: Yes -New Mexicans are pretty much a false race---and if you think about how quickly a people isolated from the big (3) racial categories--can become an individual race is amazing. You have new mexicans ( using your term)
I probably was misinterpreted , but the New Mexicans I was referring to literally meant the New Mexican living in the state of New Mexico, now excuse me for not knowing the colloquial term for hispanic New Mexican but it would be only academically suggestive to include them , since they will share some affinity to Mexicans obviously .

mayugastank wrote: You have new mexicans ( using your term) and native americans who very probably originated from the same group of asiatics ( mongolians) yet at the time of Columbus varied dramitically in height/weight/customs/beliefs....1 people became 2 and over time the differences grew more pronounced.

People would call the Native Americans Mongoloid, but the term is suggestive and biased. The Mongolid term is also used to group East Asians and South East Asians but do take note that this name was given in the 1800s when anthropologist were racist and were into Darwinism. None the less ,it would be asinine to deny that East Asian don't share some physical features close to native americans, with eyefolds and other characteristics, but thats like lumping cats lions, and tigers ,altogether just cause their feline, and saying they look exactly the same,untrue. The Native Americans of Mexico probably indeed looked different in in the New World Exploration times(Colombus,Cortez,), we know that even in studying biological wildlife that even 3 species of birds is different.Well humans don't have different species , but some people living in 200 miles of each other can look different from one another.To my understanding the mexicans living in the mountains are short and mostly of indian descent thats (where most mexicans in NY come from so I'm told), correct me if I'm wrong.From my research I've found out that afro-mexicans live in Veracruz or in the costa chica region of mexico.
mayugastank wrote: When you said PRs still had high traces of Taino was this a DNA test /or a visual test ----because mixing black and white time and time again would start to give way to more caucasian features and still retaining darker skin---as in how PRs look.
A lot of genetic studies try to disregard and ignore a subjects (participants) physical features. PRs have all kind of features to me, they really don't display one kind of characteristic, look at Rosie Perez or RIck Gonzalez. To me DRs have more of those Cacausoid features with a dash of Indian but genetics prove otherwise.

mayugastank wrote:
But yeah ---even if in the last 4 hundred years the Tainos were wiped out it doesnt tell us how long they bred for on that island essentially in isolation leading to PROBABLY a real strong bloodline due to no outside influences.
That island essentially in isolation leading to PROBABLY a real strong bloodline due to no outside influences. t would be like trying to breed the trunk out of an elephant-----who probably had it since time immortal ----in a small segment of that elephants history....if that makes sense?
Don't know how long Tainos were on the island of PR before the arrival of New World Explorers from Spain.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 14th, 2010, 2:52 am

mayugastank wrote:
Maybe I misunderstood the schematic you posted but it seems like native american bloodlines in PR are really low ---but still there? I bet if these people (including cubans) didnt live on an island and in isolation --(Really think about how all islands are isloated) that native Taino wouldnt be there. But the isolation of the place has led to repetive breeding of black/white/native over and over. How could they not retain Taino in a circumstance like that?
That's were things get problematic because taking test from subjects in one part of country may not give a full spectrum of the whole country's gene pool.Cuba on the Western part is mostly caucasian white while on the east there seems tobe soem traces of people who have some Indian and Chinese (ancestry called Oriente).The eastern part of Cuba also has strong traces of Afro-Cuban ancestry .

It depends on what you call low percentage , Ethiopians on average may have about 10 to 15 percent inherit genes from Semitics.PRs on average have14-18% indian ancestry ,25-35 % african ancestry , then 55-65% European ancestry not being too accurate but you get the picture. According to studies Cubans on the Western side of Cuba are Mulattoes with more blood, than on the eastern part. As you saw the post I made of the Cubans sub Haplogroup present amongst the citizens there but that still is not precisely because haplogroup genetic testing is not definitive. Haplogroup testing traces parents ancestor parent from parent mt DNA mother to mother to mother, Y DNA father to father to father. Autosomal DNA tests the whole genome make up of an individual , but there is different methods of testing autosomal DNA I suppose.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » October 14th, 2010, 2:58 am

mayugastank wrote:One a side note ---dont ever tell a member of the mexican mafia I ever said that the original mexicans are mongolians---since their dogma ( rolls eyes ) says that they are the lost tribe of Atlantis who migrated from the other side of the world inbto Aztlan. Hence -the ability of the Aztecs to conquer mathematics---and gain vast knowledge of days and times ( another supremacist idea that says : The end time people would change dates and times, a trait supposedly only achievable by a God. But the Aztecs being descendants of AZTLAN or ATLANTIS....were able to master the calendar and pinpoint a new birth of man to a day....DECEMBER 24, 2011 and or DECEMBER 21,2012 for the Mayans...
Yea what is that Atzlan stuff all about though????
Do you mean a rebirth of man like the world is gonna be turnt inside out from the asshole?

Or is it gonna be curtain call for the universe period.Aztecs did utilize mathematics building tenochititlan and all but what do La emes identify with more Mayans or Aztec?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by mayugastank » October 14th, 2010, 1:51 pm

LA EME identies with the aztecs and considers Mayans a race apart. Aztlan is a indigenous term for ATLANTIS-or the lost city of Atlantis as in the ancient mythical-supposedly ruled by Gods Atlantis-that was swept away by oceans. Aztecs had a really great understanding of mathematics and the calendar dictated by the stars and moons. They were able to break up mankinds history into 6 parts -with us currently in the time of the 5th. December 21,2012 is meant to signify a rebirth of man or a new calendar. Theres different understandings of the concept but what Ive been able to gather ( and I ain't no expert) is that somehow thru manipulation and death of a species ( Atlanteans) a remnant of their species survived -that that species ( I use species because they are believed to be hybrid humans) (MEXICANS) were still in touch with their ancestral bloodlines but only faintly and that on 12-21-2012, the conditions of the world will be right for man to repossess and harnest the knowledge that was lost thru the ages. That knowledge has primarily to do with knowing the true place of mans mind which is limitless. So gather that man-will do feats unheard of after this time, and if mans mind doesnt develop -he will be swept out. Only the most capable of man-those with supreme minds and understandings of physics our place in history and our true calling ( mini-Gods able to change conditions with a thought) will survive. So basically somehow a connection between spirtitual and man must be made and that connection will let man develop to what he was before Atlantis was wiped out. Some people have suggested Aliens/will make contact and manipulate DNA and or show humans how to resuse some of their mental powers. The original Atlanteans were supposedly human/species ( some species?) hybrids and its why they were able to understand medicine-genetics-math- and telepathy.

Sounds Science Fiction. But we are definetly in a New Age -and mind is being explored constantly for its depths and each time we are able to do more and see more. Alot of concepts like anger management, hypnotism, meditation, law of attraction, and others teach the same thing ( dianetics) .

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » February 25th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Theres no point in figuring out what Mexicans have in their blood. They dont give a fuck and why should you? When the Mexicans celebrate Columbus day they celebrate the fact that two cultures merged and created a new people. And to them thats it.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 6th, 2011, 2:59 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:Theres no point in figuring out what Mexicans have in their blood. They dont give a fu-- and why should you? When the Mexicans celebrate Columbus day they celebrate the fact that two cultures merged and created a new people. And to them thats it.
Since there some (Mexicans)who believe in a racially superior Aztlan race, then yes they do care whats in their blood. I don't know if they celebrate the merging of cultures on Colombus day, but from what I've seen some Mexicans and Latinos see some Spaniards as Hispanics and some do not,so I would say they are celebrating Mexican culture as whole as opposed to Spaniard culture,regardless of the roots.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 6th, 2011, 4:22 pm

Since there some (Mexicans)who believe in a racially superior Aztlan race, then yes they do care whats in their blood. I don't know if they celebrate the merging of cultures on Colombus day, but from what I've seen some Mexicans and Latinos see some Spaniards as Hispanics and some do not,so I would say they are celebrating Mexican culture as whole as opposed to Spaniard culture,regardless of the roots.
They are celebrating mexican culture, because mexican culture now the product of the merging of cultres. You pretty much just said what i did, just in another way. The mexican who told me this was our field foreman for the mexican helpers we had. And im going to take his word. Because ive noticed that all mexicans are happy to be mexicans.

You are right about the natives being looked down upon, and ive actually made a thread about this before. But for the most part from Hermosillo to Oaxaca City everyone got along. And of all the mine sites ive worked at in Mexico (canadian and Mexican) owned everyone was hired equally.

Most people in San Luis Potosi hated on the natives while in Oaxaca State most of the people got along with the Natives. Some mexicans from mexico will tell you that the Mexican Americans are all fucked up but that doesnt mean all mexicans think that. Ive had really good experiences with the Zapoteca people

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 6th, 2011, 4:55 pm

whiskeyjack wrote:
They are celebrating mexican culture, because mexican culture now the product of the merging of cultres. You pretty much just said what i did, just in another way. The mexican who told me this was our field foreman for the mexican helpers we had. And im going to take his word. Because ive noticed that all mexicans are happy to be mexicans.

You are right about the natives being looked down upon, and ive actually made a thread about this before. But for the most part from Hermosillo to Oaxaca City everyone got along. And of all the mine sites ive worked at in Mexico (canadian and Mexican) owned everyone was hired equally.

Most people in San Luis Potosi hated on the natives while in Oaxaca State most of the people got along with the Natives. Some mexicans from mexico will tell you that the Mexican Americans are all #%@& up but that doesnt mean all mexicans think that. Ive had really good experiences with the Zapoteca people
The thing about Mexican Americans is that they have always been in America espcially in Texas ,Arizona,New Mexico and Southern California. I don't know where I mentioned Natives being looked down upon, but I said that Spaniards are not really accepted with open arms in latin America all the time.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » March 15th, 2011, 12:13 pm

ViciousRidah wrote:
mayugastank wrote: I doubt that a light skinned asiatic could ever resemble a caucasian and yet in Latin America very frequently they do.

I don't know what you mean by Asiatic but usually it means some one of Middle Eastern Sub-Saharan, or Horn African stock.Middle Easterners usually do have a tan with sharp dolichocephalic facial features , they are more sharper and more asymetric than even Nordics.

But some East Asians do have these kind of features like Japanese, are the ones who might fit this category of having asymetric, aqualine noses, cheekbones, and fine chins. This is why they were favored by a lot of westerners during imperialism , even collaborators of Hitler and Axis Powers doing WWII. Different chinese ethnic groups possess these facial asymetric facial features also, it depends on which ethnic group one is observing. East Asia and South East Asia as a whole has plethora of phenotypes, take heed that racial diversity is all through out Asia ,''its a whole continent'' be it known. Some Cambodians and Thai are dark, were as Chinese and Koreans are light etc, but variances in facial appearances, as well as physical stature will be seen. It seems only East Asians can tell the differences between each other I would want to know what are the physical categorizations of ethnic groups there.

mayugastank wrote: Ive known latinas --dark as mahogany who were the desire of every white and black in sight/ yet I also knew latinas of the same variety who werent the desire of "ALL". Universally -the bone structure -and attractiveness is what factors how people treat eachother alot more often , I believe

Of course , fine bone structure is even preferred in Chinese,japanese and Asian models by the global mainstream. The human mind has a knack for symetry and fine pronounced features. Its not just in Asia,Europe or America, but all over the world, there is a common prerequisite for beauty,now some, probably more people globally, would favor light skin over dark skin( me I really don't care) but I think there is a common accordance of beauty that every man anywhere can agree on, at least facial wise, maybe not in physique as that may depend. Anthropologist have been classifying humans as caucasian ,mongolid, and
negroid, but that concept is to fallible and erroneous. In Africa there are some
EAST AFRICANS (Tanzanians,Mozambiquans, Rwandans, Ugandans and Kenyans) ,Nigerians ,Senegalese who have what you call Caucacosoid features. Ethiopians are called Caucausoid not caucasian because of their facial features but that's inaccurate. Africa is very diverse, you have some ethnicities who would probably even fit the Mongolid phenotype,cause you have those kind of features seen there. Remember even in the hood there was that black girl who was called chinky eyed, well thats because of blacks diversity in Africa and elsewhere in the world .Only some Latinos,Native Americans, Africans can say they have Mongoloid features. But Middle Easterners and Europeans other than slavs don't have those kind of features.
Wow, I haven't read so much BS about race in years.

Asiatic means the same as Asian.Only in black seperatist ideology does asiatic mean some kind of black african person.

Black African people don't have mongoloid features - ever - unless they're mixed with East Asian like Tiger Woods. I've heard many black people claim they have chinese eyes and I don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Slavs are no more Mongoloid looking than any other northern european people. Flattish features, slanted eyes and lank straight hair are common traits throughout northern and central europe. I'd say Germans and Hungarians are the most "chinky" looking white people on average.

Japanese weren't allies with the Nazis because they had fine features. It was a political alliance.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 16th, 2011, 4:42 pm

san bushmen have chinky eyes, there are africans with exetremely chinky eyes.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » March 16th, 2011, 4:45 pm

not all of them of course but check out a few pics.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 17th, 2011, 3:35 am

Silencioso wrote:
ViciousRidah wrote:

Wow, I haven't read so much BS about race in years.

Asiatic means the same as Asian.Only in black seperatist ideology does asiatic mean some kind of black african person.

Black African people don't have mongoloid features - ever - unless they're mixed with East Asian like Tiger Woods. I've heard many black people claim they have chinese eyes and I don't know what the hell they're talking about.

Slavs are no more Mongoloid looking than any other northern european people. Flattish features, slanted eyes and lank straight hair are common traits throughout northern and central europe. I'd say Germans and Hungarians are the most "chinky" looking white people on average.

Japanese weren't allies with the Nazis because they had fine features. It was a political alliance.

Thats wrong they are countless African tribes that exhibit chinky eyes or so called mongoloid features(I hate the term also), San bushmen have them, so do khoi-san, the Xhosa,Himba and Zulu tribes,since some of them(particularly Xhosa and Zulu have Khoi san ancestry also).Africa is genetically and many tribes in Africa have en situ acquired many physical features.

Asiatic does not only mean Asian,Asiatic as in Afro Asiatic means Hamito Semitic, and that's what was meant in this sense. When I stated some Sub Saharan may be considered Asiatic ,and that will hold true for the ''Horners'' or people who speak semitic languages in the Horn of Africa, . Amharic,Tigryan,Tigriniya,Gurage,Oromo,and Somali are one of many Afro Asiatic or Hamito Semitic languages spoken in East Africa. Not to mention in West Africa there are Afro Asiatic speakers of Hamito Semitic languages an example are the Hausa.

Germans on average do not have chinky eyes, this would ring alarms in 3rd reich germany because it would be a sign that Germans have mixture of Slavic ,Mongoloid, or East Asian blood ,all of which were seen as inferior races in the Nazi's eyes.Slavics do have some chinky eyes some what , but from what I researched chinky eyes is more present in peoples of the Steppe region in Central Asia,countries like Uzbekistan,Turkestan, Tajikistan etc. Slavs( Eastern Europeans) do look different from Western Europeans, but its exaggerated that they have strong chinky eyes.

Pray tell how do germans exhibit Germans chinky eyes.

And I didn't say Japanese fine features was the main reason why they were allies of Nazi Germany, I said this is why they were favored,which helped carried them in good grace of the Nazi's, Japanese back then had a national mantra and ideology that portrayed themselves as racially superiors to other nations,I think the Nazi some what concurred with that bull, you can do a little research to find out about all of what I said if you think I'm bullshitting.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 17th, 2011, 3:42 am

In other words you do not always find that Asiatic only means Asian because there so many different types of Asian the most broad and simplified categories are Western Eurasian( another BS term),East Asian(so called Orientals Viets,Chinese,etc) and Indians.Persians and Iranians can also be added to the group but they are sometimes associated with being Aryan or white,since Iran is said to be the home of the Aryan peoples.<<That's what accepted today.

But if the term was to refer to somebody Asian or living in Asia they would say , ''East Asian'',''Indian'' or ''Middle Eastern'' most of the time, truthfully I think ethnologist and anthropologist have even dropped the term (Asiatic) in modern times since it has been over used and polluted by some Afro centrist in their eyes.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 18th, 2011, 2:14 pm

Silencio

Here is what we are talking about with blacks with Chinky eyes
Elise Niel

Brandy

Taraj Hicks

Nia long

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 18th, 2011, 2:17 pm

Silencio

Here is what we are talking about with blacks that have Chinky eyes

Can not say it doesn't make sense.

Elise Niel

Brandy

Taraj Hicks

Nia long

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 18th, 2011, 2:19 pm

double post, if somebody won't mind cleaning it up I prefer the first to be deleted and this one thereafter. :)

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 18th, 2011, 2:21 pm

double post, if somebody won't mind cleaning it up I prefer the first to be deleted and this one thereafter. :)

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 18th, 2011, 4:28 pm

if those count as asiatic chinky (squinty) eyes than, i can say with 100% confidence that there are a wack of white people in my part of Canada with those features.... Not me though im a round eye

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by ViciousRidah » March 18th, 2011, 10:05 pm

^^

Mind posting some examples then.

whiskeyjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by whiskeyjack » March 19th, 2011, 4:04 am

im not going to post peoples facebook or myspace pictures but i can give you an american example....And even if i wanted to i cant cause right now im working at a mining camp and the bandwidth is regulated.... I know also their are some white folks in Montanna that are classed as white but could pass for metis in my country mostly on the fact there eye sockets arent totally round.....

You know that country women star named taylor swift? She has the similar eye pattern you guys just described to a tee. Type her name in google and check out images...

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”