I live in VA!

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Vermont
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke FROM SD

I live in VA!

Unread post by stoked18 » July 13th, 2011, 7:10 am

Moved out here from San Diego. You wanna see some real racism, come out here. These motherfuckers seem like they're still mad over the Civil Rights movement. I thought before I came out here it was gonna be the white people. Nope. Some of em yeah, but it's mostly the black people. I'm a white guy who lives in the hood out here, we're the only white people on the block. My 10 year old step-daughter wanted to play with two little girls across the street, and their mother told them not to play with my step-daughter because she's white. How fucking ignorant is that? This is 2011. You're really gonna teach your kids to not like someone cuz their white? What a good role-model. People over here look at me like I'm an alien, it's crazy. But the funny thing is, when I return they're stare, they look away. Guess they don't know about mad-dogging out here. They call it "gritting" out here, but they're not very good at it.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: American Samoa
What city do you live in now?: WestBerlin

Re: I live in VA!

Unread post by Sentenza » July 13th, 2011, 10:48 am

Yea, racism comes in all forms, shapes and skin colors. I think generally the US is a pretty racist place, even though its more subliminal these days.

stoked18
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
If in the United States: Vermont
What city do you live in now?: Roanoke FROM SD

Unread post by stoked18 » July 14th, 2011, 5:57 am

I'm sure there's racists everywhere, it just seems way more prevalent out here compared to where I grew up. I don't even remember experiencing racism in San Diego. Honestly.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » July 15th, 2011, 11:01 am

stoked18 wrote:I'm sure there's racists everywhere, it just seems way more prevalent out here compared to where I grew up. I don't even remember experiencing racism in San Diego. Honestly.
Sure. In some places its worse compared to others. Might have to do with the history of the respective places. But whats definitely true is, is that racism is equally distributed among all ethnicities, because its not a cultural trait, but the result of ignorance, which is not dependend of race.

How diverse is SD and are the groups "interfering" with each other?
Because you can have ethnically diverse places like LA and still everybody sticks to his own kind.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » July 31st, 2011, 5:09 pm

Yeah I heard the south is straight up racist and I experienced some racist shit there too. Seem like in the south they straight up let it be known though, the North is known for that sly racism until shit boils over.

Sentenza
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by Sentenza » August 9th, 2011, 12:07 pm

perongregory wrote:Yeah I heard the south is straight up racist and I experienced some racist shit there too. Seem like in the south they straight up let it be known though, the North is known for that sly racism until shit boils over.

Some places are more racist then others. My Ex Girl was from South-Eastern Germany. They were racist as fuck down there, straight Nazis. Where i grew up i wasnt used to that. Berlin is a pretty multicultural city with a cosmopolitan attitude. Of course there is racism there too, but its less visible. Im guessing it has to do with history (the south being in the centre of racism back in us history) and diversity (the more you meet people of other backgrounds, the more you realize that racism ist BS).

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”