Surenos love old Black soul music why?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by perongregory » August 10th, 2011, 3:34 am

crips and bloods neighbors were black not mexican. Blacks informed the precursor to the cholo, he pachuco with the zoot suits slang, music etc. blacks always doing the cool cultural shit.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 10th, 2011, 1:04 pm

Man, fuck this lop. If yall want to argue with him go ahead, but there's already a 50+ page thread speaking about the same crap.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 10th, 2011, 2:39 pm

@stank

Since I ain't really addressed you in this 1 & since you already fucked this thread, I guess I will. Just got sick of this topic, because it turned into 50 pages on another thread & you just won't stop! Aren't the oldest gangs in the world the triads? OK, so how do you figure crips got blue? You think 1 said "Aye cuzz: I was locked up in San Quentin & saw the lil Mexican gang over there using blue rags, so I think we should do the same"? I don't know what you mean by that dressed/talked, blah blah, but blacks definitely didn't invent lowriding.

How are bloods & crips cholo rejects? I don't know what you mean by "dirtied up vatos", but they didn't look like how a bunch of south siders look to me. :lol: Here's some crip history:

It's funny how you were trying to act like the style was all south sider too just not long ago. They still got some good drogas down south? I heard they had real good sherm down there.

Well any way, I will say you're exaggerating again. I sno't see cholos wearing billabing like it's the thing to wear eseeeeeeeeeee. You need to take your head out your ass asseeeeeeee. We don't see Mexicans with Africa etched on their bodies? Yeah, so????? Are you trying to say blacks get Mexico on their bodies? LMAO

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 11th, 2011, 10:32 pm

perongregory wrote:crips and bloods neighbors were black not mexican. Blacks informed the precursor to the cholo, he pachuco with the zoot suits slang, music etc. blacks always doing the cool cultural shit.

The pachuco is so far removed in suit style from the black zootsuiter as if the crips and bloods werent dressing like ESEs. Ive heard the argument about crips and bloods having their own style.......removed 3x from the chicano cholo......well wouldnt the pachuco follow that same logic? I mean when I look at the chuco suit and I look at the zootsuit they look very different..............hmm.................if it works for C/B why wouldnt it work for ............ESEs

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 12th, 2011, 1:20 pm

Funny how the black zoot suiters & pachucos looked very different to this guy, but yet Eazy-E & every body else looked exactly like cholos to this fool. Just ignore this fool like he's doing me, cuzz there's no point like I said.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Quepolo3 » August 12th, 2011, 4:16 pm

I will keep it simple since we can never stay on topic. You will never be able to convice a racist to not be that way. No matter how much sense you make, and how often more than one person tells them they are wrong, they will still find a reason to hate. Even though the arguments they use to justify their non-sense sound stupid as hell they will continue with the same ideology. So to those who want to have meaningful dialogue about real issues, don't address this BS.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 12th, 2011, 9:38 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:Funny how the black zoot suiters & pachucos looked very different to this guy, but yet Eazy-E & every body else looked exactly like cholos to this fool. Just ignore this fool like he's doing me, cuzz there's no point like I said.

you get on here and spit idiotism all over the board and I never redress you dumb ass busta////

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2011, 4:22 pm

mayugastank wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:Funny how the black zoot suiters & pachucos looked very different to this guy, but yet Eazy-E & every body else looked exactly like cholos to this fool. Just ignore this fool like he's doing me, cuzz there's no point like I said.

you get on here and spit idiotism all over the board and I never redress you dumb ass busta////
I spit idiotism, because you're the idiot. Haha, I can tell you're mad you dumbass busta. :lol:

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2011, 4:33 pm

You're mad because of the idiotism I call you of & that message you got from me. Also you never really addressed me much. You're just trying to ignore me, because I basically stopped redressing your ass & told people to ignore you. People might just get the point of not talking to you, because might as well talk to a wall. So who looks like the dumbass busta?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3546
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » August 13th, 2011, 4:37 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:I will keep it simple since we can never stay on topic. You will never be able to convice a racist to not be that way. No matter how much sense you make, and how often more than one person tells them they are wrong, they will still find a reason to hate. Even though the arguments they use to justify their non-sense sound stupid as hell they will continue with the same ideology. So to those who want to have meaningful dialogue about real issues, don't address this BS.
I totally agree, the person has to want change. Somebody on here is full of hate.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 14th, 2011, 11:12 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:You're mad because of the idiotism I call you of & that message you got from me. Also you never really addressed me much. You're just trying to ignore me, because I basically stopped redressing your ass & told people to ignore you. People might just get the point of not talking to you, because might as well talk to a wall. So who looks like the dumbass busta?

You have zero credibility and zero argument to counter. FACT: oldest gang in America? Located in East Los Angelos FACT: the similarities between crips/bloods and Surenos cant be denied! FACT: outside of Los Angelos there are ZERO black gangs similiar in appearance to bloods/crips FACT: the zootsuit period was 20-30 years AFTER the first mexican american gangs of east los angelos FACT: The art of chicano bangers is plastered all over black peoples bodies FACT: Much of what is modern street culture is derived from directly copying and changing up teh styles of chicano gangs.

policyking asked why do surenos love soul music well why do blacks love west coast gangster rap? I mean teh entire demeanor/style and tattooing is MEXICAN not black. Here we have (2) 1960 gangs that basically appropriated EVERYTHING about being mexican american in the southwestern USA and sold it to teh world as if they DIDNT steal the look of their mexican neighbors!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 14th, 2011, 11:18 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:You're mad because of the idiotism I call you of & that message you got from me. Also you never really addressed me much. You're just trying to ignore me, because I basically stopped redressing your ass & told people to ignore you. People might just get the point of not talking to you, because might as well talk to a wall. So who looks like the dumbass busta?

Name one thging of substance youve ever brought to any discussion .......you cant even spell correctly and you talk like a straight idiot. You dont even have valid points. Speciifically when your debating you have to have some type of counter.......unless you just come on here to read well then dont even respond to the discussion!!!!!!!!! This is a debate forum where you can voice your opinions and have people counter. The most solid argument WINS. Its also a debate that is being had by thousands upon thousands .......the forum youve mentioned about black/mexicans has had its own impression on google..........meaning that the amount of times its been viewed or read by others is enough to warrant a straight google search.

That goes to show you that although only a few dozen input their opinions it goes a long way! When people question modern American tattooing/art/street life/origin of gangs they can get on here and find out the beginings...............

User avatar
Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 426
Joined: May 8th, 2005, 6:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Tre » August 14th, 2011, 5:55 pm

mayugastank wrote:FACT: oldest gang in America? Located in East Los Angelos FACT: the similarities between crips/bloods and Surenos cant be denied!

Your facts are skewed Mayuga! Mexicans are the oldest gangs?? Compared to what?? During the formative years of LA streetgangs (1920's - 1940's), any group that challenged the white establishment was labeled a gang by the cops. Are you trying to say that Mexicans are the "oldest" to challenge white authority????
mayugastank wrote: FACT: the similarities between crips/bloods and Surenos cant be denied! FACT: outside of Los Angelos there are ZERO black gangs similiar in appearance to bloods/crips
How can you appropriate something that was barely in existence?? Compared to blacks the number of Chicanos during the formative years of streetgangs was minuscule. Not taking anything away from the Chicanos that fought valiantly in the military, but those that weren't lucky enough to get into the military was deported under the Mexican Repatriation Program.
mayugastank wrote:FACT: the zootsuit period was 20-30 years AFTER the first mexican american gangs of east los angelos
I see you still don't want to deal with the fact that Zoot Suits Made Chicanos! No one paid attention to Chicanos until Chicanos started wearing Zoot Suits and was able to stir a little buzz (publicity) for themselves! That's when white newspapers and authorities starting viewing Chicanos as gangs aka troublemakers thumbing their noses at white authority, and your small and disenfranchised group was labeled an actual threat (gang).
mayugastank wrote:FACT: The art of chicano bangers is plastered all over black peoples bodies FACT: Much of what is modern street culture is derived from directly copying and changing up teh styles of chicano gangs.
ESSe bangers art is not plastered all over black peoples bodies Mayuga! Stop exaggerating!! Just because a few high-profile rap artist use Cartoon to help sell and market cd's to their largest demographic and biggest fans (Latino women), doesn't translate to ALL black people wearing Chicano art!
mayugastank wrote:policyking asked why do surenos love soul music well why do blacks love west coast gangster rap? I mean teh entire demeanor/style and tattooing is MEXICAN not black. Here we have (2) 1960 gangs that basically appropriated EVERYTHING about being mexican american in the southwestern USA and sold it to teh world as if they DIDNT steal the look of their mexican neighbors!
So Just because a few high profile rap artist are trying to appeal to the largest share of their fan base (Latino women) blacks are now appropriating EVERYTHING about being Mexican American in the southwestern USA. Really?? You sound like that paranoid SURENO in that other thread Mayuga viewtopic.php?f=233&t=43735.
Sheesh! I'm glad my identity is not based on indelible ink!

policyking52
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 43
Joined: July 14th, 2011, 11:27 am
Country: American Samoa
If in the United States: Idaho
What city do you live in now?: chicago

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by policyking52 » August 15th, 2011, 8:26 am

mayugastank wrote:
Quepolo3 wrote:
femun wrote:How is he a lop? He's telling the truth but people just can't handle it.
I'm not condoning any name calling or personal attacks, however it's like listening to a broken record. NO One on this site can definately say what race or group did or started any of the things that are being said. Unless thet were there when that particular event or item was created. Everything else is oppinion. We are supposed to be discussing certain topics like why Surenos love old Black soul music, not going back into topics already discussed. I value everyones oppionion, whether I agree or disagree with them. However, there is a limit to evertything. Moreover, I don't know if it's because people can't handle the truth or that it's annoying going back and forth over the same issues that will never be agreed upon.

The only way we can definetly declare something NEW or TRULY never done is to look around the world and not see it anywhere ELSE. The style of Los Angelos chicano gangs was done in other places.....by other chicanos! The tattoo style was also done in other places by OTHER CHICANOS. Outside of the places where mexican youth lived this style of art and this style of clothing and the style of gangs WASNT DONE ANYWHERE ELSE!

When I say the oldest living gangs in the world are located in East Los Angelos its ABSOLUTELY 100% VERIFIABLE. Generation to Generation a people have passed down a language/art/and uniform in a specific region ( THE SOUTHWESTERN UNITED STATES).

You dont see MY PEOPLE permenantly etch on their bodies pictures of Africa-which your people do CONSISTENTLY! Everytime I turn on the tube and see a rapper flossing his ink I am reminded of the 1990s when this form of art was just making its way outside "CHICANO NEIGBORHOODS" but believe this it was practiced for many many years. You go outside the southwest and look at prison tatts and you see ZERO similarities to the way chicano convicts drew/placed and etched their bodies.

Blacks have stolen alot from chicanos ---and to honestly straightfaced say we just HAPPPENED BY ACCIDENT to come up with the same dam colors of gangs/dress/tattoos is a DAM LIE.

SHOW ME anywhere in America where blacks dressed/talked/formed gangs/got inked/whipped lows/white Ts/flannels.....................NOWHERE.

Its only living near and by mexicans that theyve adapted our styles.

EAST COAST versus WEST COAST....................means nothing but the styles of African Americans versus the styles of CHICANOS in fashion and art. The GAME/SNOOP/DRE/ICE/TUPAC/TYGA/ and many many many others merely took the look-demeanor -gang structure-artform and everything else about SouthWestern Chicanos and sold it like they were just some renegade out the frame blacks who were "100% COMPLETELY DIFFERENT" then their brethren.

Crips and Bloods are nothing but cholo rejects who took the entire getdown of their neighbors to an extreme war on flag colors. But make no mistake their is NOTHING original about EASY E and croonies. They look like dirtied up vatos in their videos!
I said I wasn't going to speak on this anymore but your illogical statements you keep making I just couldn't resist

1. You said When I say the oldest living gangs in the world are located in East Los Angelos its ABSOLUTELY 100% VERIFIABLE." Veryfiable by who? So, you are saying that until mexican in east loas angelos know one else anywhere in America was banging??? How did gangs in the early 1800s in made up of Irish and Jewish immigrants get started? There was no yuotube, internet, facebook or even tv back then, so how did they get a hint of even the existance of East L.A. let alone what was going on there?

2. You said Crips and Bloods are nothing but Cholo rejects? Crips and Bloods aren't even the oldest black gangs in L.A. you had groups such as the Sloussans and Gladiators before them. Second, Crips grew up in the shadow of the Black Panther Party had nothing to do with trying to get down with the cholos, Bloods grew in reaction to the Crips and were organized by T.Rodgers a Black P.Stone from Chicago. Again nothing to do with wanting to be a Cholo and being rejected.

3. You said gang structure game from the Chicanos. BS before the Crips and Bloods you didn't see any chicano gangs having wide spread turf and sets like that. Chicano gangs never left their respective neighborhoods. Bloods got their structure from Chicago gangs check your facts.

4 You said "SHOW ME anywhere in America where blacks dressed/talked/formed gangs/got inked/whipped lows/white Ts/flannels.....................NOWHERE. Ok Chicago. Blacks formed the gangs their. Some got inked not to the extent the cholos do, they rocked white ts they did't do the flannels or low rider, but they had the hand signs, gang literture, the stacking that you cholos are now using.

5. You said "Blacks have stolen alot from chicanos " NO they haven't and I've already proven this in my previos post much of which you never addressed. Chicanos have stolen a lot from Blacks might be a better statement but you always down play this

6 You said "You dont see MY PEOPLE permenantly etch on their bodies pictures of Africa-which your people do CONSISTENT then you go on to talk about the rappers who have mexican style tattoos. Ok fine, what about all the Mexican who braid their hair? ( or did blacks steal that from mexicans) what about the mexicans who rap( oh i forgot the cholos started rap) what about the mexicans who have grills/gold teeth, what about the mexicans who listen to old black soul music, what abou tthe mexicans who have hip hop dance groups, what about the mexicans who like to sag their pants? what about the mexicans who speak in sooo much black slang even calling each otha nigga?

7. You mention Easy E as if he is regarded as the originator of something. I never said Easy E started anything. He may have brought a particular style to the forefront through his videos. But I already explained what Cube said about that. Furthermore look at his old videos he and the rest of NWA often wore all black and raiders caps, was that stolen from the Cholos too?

See I"m revisiting old stuff that's why I said I was through with this topic. You remind me of a white racist you know the one's who claim that Europeans invented and started everything and no one nowhere else did anything. You are just so convinced that blacks are stealing from mexicans you making absurd claims. Claiming that east l.a cholos started gangs!!! Hell, I don't even claim that blacks started gangs. Following your line of thought would lend one to believe no one ever put on a flannel or t-shirt until after a mexican did. I suspect that you are one of those Mexican supremacist.. You know the ones who have these websites attacking other races, saying that all of California should be turned back over to Mexico along with Texas and a whole bunch of other jargon. A Mexican supremacist just like a white or black supremacist are good at making alligations with no evidence to support them, and you fit that bill to a T.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 17th, 2011, 11:13 am

Chicago gangs arent now nor never have been on the level of chicano gangs from East Los. Oldest gangs worldwide are located in East Los Angelos. There are approximately 500,000 African Americans in Los Angelos county. Outside of Los Angelos....there are not even near close to what crips/b loods are. Chicago gang structure was based of the structure of Latin Kings. Its New York all the way! Latin Kings was formed by mexicans and puerto ricans from the VERY BEGINING! Oldest gang in Chicago? LAtin KIngs. Chicago gangs dont even have a form of tattooing.....there is a form of body art worn by chicanos in ALL southwestern states. We borrowed from eachother in Texas-Az etc,......


You go again and look at westcoast 1990s rap and tell me it isnt bootlegged off of the cholo lifestyle. NAME ONE GANG JUST ONE......thats older then the youngest gang in East Los Angelos. Slausons-Gladiators. again???? Just like Eminem-Tyga-Lil Wayne-Wak -MAino-Dre-Bow Wow- JR SMITH and every other black who is sporting our ink right now is flossing his tatts like it didnt originate with my people. Blacks are parasitses....they cold jacked everything about East Los gang life.....your new booties.....our varrios are in excess of 100 years old.....there are dozens upon dozens of gangs in East Los Angelos older then 100 years. DOZENS ESE.

Who the hell you talking about braids/gold grills/? Some mexicans that are confused? Kinda like TYGA JEEZY WEEZY WAYNE WAK MAINO-BOW WOW? I mean why arent you calling these brothers out for sporting mexican war paint? They wanna be cholos?

Nah it only works with us.....your black gangs have no history. You keep pointing to defunct-non existant gangs......to say their older then mexican hoods.....only mexican hoods have withstood the test of time. I can call out maravilla as Americas oldest gang and they are 60 years younger then DOGTOWN 13 ....the oldest gang still standing worldwide.

YOU GET NOTHING. You sold the world WESTCOAST GANGSTER rap by jacking East Los gang life.....Chicago gangs .....king this king that!Dont forget chicagos oldest gang is the latin kings FOOL. Again started by mexicans and prs.

Your people roll around with they shirts off reminiscent of the cholos from around here.....WE BORROWED NADA nothing absoluetly ZERO to get to who we are.....500k blacks in Los Angelos selling the cholo life to the world and never even mentioning chicanos. I mean you have ZERO room for any type of comeback newbooty. Take your 1960 cholo rejects and make another CD.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by perongregory » August 17th, 2011, 11:18 am

I had you back down on the lie that the latin kings were the first chi gang and all gang structure came from them in the other thread now your in here lying again. That's the worst part about you mayuga, you're a sneaky coward woofing some shit to some fools they back your ass down, you say well I really meant this, then when the next group of unaware people come you start again.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 17th, 2011, 11:21 am

perongregory wrote:I had you back down on the lie that the latin kings were the first chi gang and all gang structure came from them in the other thread now your in here lying again. That's the worst part about you mayuga, you're a sneaky coward woofing some shit to some fools they back your ass down, you say well I really meant this, then when the next group of unaware people come you start again.

Latin Kings arent Chicagos oldest living gang? I must be mistaken....lol. BULL. They are well known to be chicagos oldest living gang. Just Like Dogtown is the worlds oldest living gang.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by perongregory » August 17th, 2011, 11:28 am

No there not and say Dogtown I the oldest living gang in LA, who cares, DT was started bu white Irish, WHITE PEOPLE not Mexicansm Once again white people win and you lose.

PrinceTheReal
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 77
Joined: October 10th, 2008, 8:24 am
What city do you live in now?: Houston

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by PrinceTheReal » August 17th, 2011, 1:36 pm

i wana start a post and see whats yalls opinion.....

who really started that LA style dicky wearing gangsta shit...the blacks or the latinos

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by femun » August 17th, 2011, 5:10 pm

PrinceTheReal wrote:i wana start a post and see whats yalls opinion.....

who really started that LA style dicky wearing gangsta shit...the blacks or the latinos
You don't know your history do you?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by femun » August 17th, 2011, 5:14 pm

perongregory wrote:No there not and say Dogtown I the oldest living gang in LA, who cares, DT was started bu white Irish, WHITE PEOPLE not Mexicansm Once again white people win and you lose.
White Fence is the oldest Chicano Gang going back to 1910. This gang has always been a Chicano gang. If all you ignorant Mother Effers Would actually read a book and do just a little research we wouldn't be having these arguments.

User avatar
Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 426
Joined: May 8th, 2005, 6:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Tre » August 18th, 2011, 1:29 am

That term 'gang' is being used very loosely in this thread femun. How can WF be the oldest gang when they started out as a church social group (unless you view church people as gangs). The cops didn't identify WF as a gang until the 1940's when they started organizing with other church kids to Fight the Establishment in the era of Sleepy Lagoon.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by femun » August 18th, 2011, 5:54 am

Tre wrote:That term 'gang' is being used very loosely in this thread femun. How can WF be the oldest gang when they started out as a church social group (unless you view church people as gangs). The cops didn't identify WF as a gang until the 1940's when they started organizing with other church kids to Fight the Establishment in the era of Sleepy Lagoon.
Good try but you have the wrong info.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 18th, 2011, 10:00 am

White Fence...........ONE GANG 1.

Who gives a dam about white fence? They are just one of a dozen chicano gangs in Los Angelos county that are in excess of 100 years or so old. 1.

El Jardin, Maravilla, Soto, Garehty Lomas, Canta Rana, Opal, Temple Street, La Rana, Bassett, Black Diamonds, Chino Sinners, Casa Blanca, Hazard, and a dozen MORE............

All these gangs outlive any black gang known in America COAST TO COAST.....from NEW YORK to LOS ANGELOS by 30 to 40 YEARS. PERIOD. Their is not one black gang in America OLDER then the YOUNGEST gang in EAST LOS ANGELOS.

Is their any question who started what? SERIOUSLY?

Only one who is delusional would look to 500,000 blacks living in Los Angelos county instead of the 37.5 million plus African Americans living outside Los Angelos, as a frame of reference for what blacks do, wear, drive, sing, eat and pray at!!!

Go to Mississippi,Alabama, New Orleans, Florida ( FLORIDA HAS MORE BLACKS THEN LOS ANGELOS) North Carolina, South Carolina, and you will see black culture-fashion-art....................and it is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the tatted up, dickie wearing, lowrider wearing, blue rag red rag banging, cholo graffitied-gang signing blacks of Los Angelos.

Go to Texas-Arizona-New Mexico-Colorado-Nevada and you will find chicanos who were wearing dickies-pendletons-getting tatted up-lowriding-stacking-banging and using chicano art BEFORE THEY EVER WERE IN LOS ANGELOS.

Los Angelos isnt even the capital of chicano culture which originated in Texas. Tejanos brought the whole group of 100 year old gangs with them from their barrios in Texas. Blacks have cold jacked the entire cholo culture changed it up a TINY bit and sold it like they didnt STEAL IT.


SOMEONE ATCUALLY BELIEVE..............that crips and bloods and nortenos and surenos just so happen to dress the same? have the same colors? use the same graffiti lettering? and that Los Angelos blacks didnt copy? WHAT A FREAKING JOKE.

MY ninja, we use the same colors as eses' but shoot we didnt copies a thang my ninja, it was just a coinimcidence we comes up with the same calors.....my ninja aint a thing but a chicken wang.......


FUCK OUTTA HERE............its like saying Kid Frost and LIL ROB and whoever else goofy ass chicano rappers didnt cold jack black music. COME ON they did the same thing blacks on the west been doing to cholos FOREVER.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 18th, 2011, 10:03 am

Tre wrote:That term 'gang' is being used very loosely in this thread femun. How can WF be the oldest gang when they started out as a church social group (unless you view church people as gangs). The cops didn't identify WF as a gang until the 1940's when they started organizing with other church kids to Fight the Establishment in the era of Sleepy Lagoon.

what about soto-gerahty-maravilla-canta rana-opal-temple..............................all gangs who started 30 years before the invention or popularity of the ZOOTSUIT. All made up gangs to TRE>?

Loose definition of gang? Id have to disagree. All these gangs were around as early as the 1920s.............all these gangs are ACTIVE .....TODAY RIGHT NOW AT THIS MOMENT IN THE SAME AREA THEY BEGUN.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » August 18th, 2011, 10:10 am

THE YOUNGEST GANG IN EAST LOS ANGELOS IS OLDER THEN THE OLDEST BLACK GANG COAST TO COAST IN AMERICA. PERIOD.


Blacks have no banging history. Its only around chicanos that they started wearing dickies-lowriding-getting inked-flashing-graffing like us-and ragging.


YET THEY WANT CREDIT FOR WHAT? sagging their dickies instead of pulling them up? not buttoning the top button on their flannel? wearing a shower cap instead of a hairnet? getting THUG LIFE (tupac) instead of MI VIDA LOCA..................after thats what thug life means/

Blacks have done what Samoans-Cambodians-White Boys and every other youth group today is doing......taking the cholo pattern changing it a smidgent......and proclaiming something NEW.

its getting old. I mean lil rob sings a couple oldie songs in spanish or calo.........why not call him original for singing boulevard nights with a littel chicano twist? shoot lets just say he invented the oldies since he spinning them and giving them his own little chicano barrio flavor.


SAME THING BLACKS HAVE DONE.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Silencioso » August 18th, 2011, 1:29 pm

mayugastank wrote:
perongregory wrote:I had you back down on the lie that the latin kings were the first chi gang and all gang structure came from them in the other thread now your in here lying again. That's the worst part about you mayuga, you're a sneaky coward woofing some shit to some fools they back your ass down, you say well I really meant this, then when the next group of unaware people come you start again.

Latin Kings arent Chicagos oldest living gang? I must be mistaken....lol. BULL. They are well known to be chicagos oldest living gang. Just Like Dogtown is the worlds oldest living gang.
LK's aren't Chicago's oldest living gang. The idea that Kings started up in the 1940's is just part of LK mythology. They started up in the mid 60's. There's no mention of Latin Kings in any Chicago gang source before 1964. CVL, BPS, Disciples, Mickey Cobras, Apache Stones are all older than LK. LK's aren't even the oldest Hispanic gang in Chicago, Ambrose and Latin Counts are older.

The blueprint for Chicago gang structure is the Vice Lords Nation. They raised the bar on gang organization and they originated the idea of many gangs sharing a common affiliation which is a major feature of Chicago gangs.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Silencioso » August 18th, 2011, 2:06 pm

mayugastank wrote:THE YOUNGEST GANG IN EAST LOS ANGELOS IS OLDER THEN THE OLDEST BLACK GANG COAST TO COAST IN AMERICA. PERIOD.


Blacks have no banging history. Its only around chicanos that they started wearing dickies-lowriding-getting inked-flashing-graffing like us-and ragging.


YET THEY WANT CREDIT FOR WHAT? sagging their dickies instead of pulling them up? not buttoning the top button on their flannel? wearing a shower cap instead of a hairnet? getting THUG LIFE (tupac) instead of MI VIDA LOCA..................after thats what thug life means/

Blacks have done what Samoans-Cambodians-White Boys and every other youth group today is doing......taking the cholo pattern changing it a smidgent......and proclaiming something NEW.

its getting old. I mean lil rob sings a couple oldie songs in spanish or calo.........why not call him original for singing boulevard nights with a littel chicano twist? shoot lets just say he invented the oldies since he spinning them and giving them his own little chicano barrio flavor.


SAME THING BLACKS HAVE DONE.
You're really stuck on this idea that cholos invented modern street gang style in America. It didn't happen that way. Until the late 80's, every major city had their own local gang style/tradition. Even cities that were fairly close geographically like Philadelphia and NY had totally distinct gang scenes/styles. The period when gangs started to dress similar and use similar gang slang around the whole country started in the late 80's-early 90's. The gang model everybody was emulating (including cholos) was L.A. black gangs or the fusion of L.A. black and East Coast hip hop/crew culture. This collision of L.A. black gang culture and NY hip hop culture created the modern day gang style in America. PERIOD. Only somebody blinded by racial pride or racial hate of other groups would deny something so obvious.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1193
Joined: November 20th, 2006, 7:11 pm
Country: Canada
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: 408

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by ~J~ » August 19th, 2011, 12:16 am

I suppose television would come into play on the point you're making here but it's interesting you would say that Vatos were emulating Blacks "in the late 80's-early 90's" perhaps this was true upon some Cholos from that time frame? I'm not sure. I don't recall Cholos emulating Brothas in general if ever around here but were definitely started to show more mainstream influences by the mid to late 90's.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2079
Joined: March 18th, 2004, 12:22 pm
What city do you live in now?: New York City
Location: L.A. to Brooklyn, NY

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Cold Bear » August 19th, 2011, 12:08 pm

Talk about deflection of the original topic lol

SURENOS LOVE OLD BLACK SOUL MUSIC.

WHY?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Quepolo3 » August 19th, 2011, 4:46 pm

Cold Bear wrote:Talk about deflection of the original topic lol

SURENOS LOVE OLD BLACK SOUL MUSIC.

WHY?
LOL, thanks Cold Bear! I tried to make this point about 3 pages ago homie! It appears that we have a pattern of getting off topic on these racial rants, and it messes up the conversation and insight. Maybe someone will shed some light as to , Why Surenos love old Black soul music?

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by femun » August 19th, 2011, 6:03 pm

Cuz that Music is the SHIT. Why do Black people love Mexican food?

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”