Surenos love old Black soul music why?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
User avatar
Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 426
Joined: May 8th, 2005, 6:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Tre » September 8th, 2011, 3:10 am

femun wrote:Read both those books you'll see how wrong you are. In "Doe or Die'' which is about B's and C's the author who happens to be back fully aknowledges and puts it in writing that the mexican cholos were first on the scene and the B's and C's were simply emulating.

STOP BEING SCARED READ THESE FUUKKING BOOKS SO YOU CAN SEE HOW FULL OF SHITE YOU ARE.
femun wrote: I honestly wouldn't take just any gangbangers word as gospel because most gangbangers are the stupidest people you'll ever meet.

viewtopic.php?f=233&t=51384&start=60
You talking out both sides of your mouth femun... is MONSTER KODY not a gangbanger??? :roll:

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by femun » September 8th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Tre wrote:
femun wrote:Read both those books you'll see how wrong you are. In "Doe or Die'' which is about B's and C's the author who happens to be back fully aknowledges and puts it in writing that the mexican cholos were first on the scene and the B's and C's were simply emulating.

STOP BEING SCARED READ THESE FUUKKING BOOKS SO YOU CAN SEE HOW FULL OF SHITE YOU ARE.
femun wrote: I honestly wouldn't take just any gangbangers word as gospel because most gangbangers are the stupidest people you'll ever meet.

viewtopic.php?f=233&t=51384&start=60
You talking out both sides of your mouth femun... is MONSTER KODY not a gangbanger??? :roll:
whats your point? Is Monster the only book you have ever read?

Like I said before you lost the argument. Get over it already.

xxx
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1418
Joined: July 9th, 2004, 9:44 pm

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by xxx » September 11th, 2011, 8:09 pm

Silencioso wrote:
You're really stuck on this idea that cholos invented modern street gang style in Aa. It didn't happen that way. Until the late 80's, every major city had their own local gang style/tradition. Even cities that were fairly close geographically like Philadelphia and NY had totally distinct gang scenes/styles. The period when gangs started to dress similar and use similar gang slang around the whole country started in the late 80's-early 90's. The gang model everybody was emulating (including cholos) was L.A. black gangs or the fusion of L.A. black and East Coast hip hop/crew culture. This collision of L.A. black gang culture and NY hip hop culture created the modern day gang style in America. PERIOD. Only somebody blinded by racial pride or racial hate of other groups would deny something so obvious.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by perongregory » September 13th, 2011, 1:52 pm

xxx wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
You're really stuck on this idea that cholos invented modern street gang style in Aa. It didn't happen that way. Until the late 80's, every major city had their own local gang style/tradition. Even cities that were fairly close geographically like Philadelphia and NY had totally distinct gang scenes/styles. The period when gangs started to dress similar and use similar gang slang around the whole country started in the late 80's-early 90's. The gang model everybody was emulating (including cholos) was L.A. black gangs or the fusion of L.A. black and East Coast hip hop/crew culture. This collision of L.A. black gang culture and NY hip hop culture created the modern day gang style in America. PERIOD. Only somebody blinded by racial pride or racial hate of other groups would deny something so obvious.

AINT THAT THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 3:12 pm

mayugastank wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:You're mad because of the idiotism I call you of & that message you got from me. Also you never really addressed me much. You're just trying to ignore me, because I basically stopped redressing your ass & told people to ignore you. People might just get the point of not talking to you, because might as well talk to a wall. So who looks like the dumbass busta?

You have zero credibility and zero argument to counter. FACT: oldest gang in America? Located in East Los Angelos FACT: the similarities between crips/bloods and Surenos cant be denied! FACT: outside of Los Angelos there are ZERO black gangs similiar in appearance to bloods/crips FACT: the zootsuit period was 20-30 years AFTER the first mexican american gangs of east los angelos FACT: The art of chicano bangers is plastered all over black peoples bodies FACT: Much of what is modern street culture is derived from directly copying and changing up teh styles of chicano gangs.

policyking asked why do surenos love soul music well why do blacks love west coast gangster rap? I mean teh entire demeanor/style and tattooing is MEXICAN not black. Here we have (2) 1960 gangs that basically appropriated EVERYTHING about being mexican american in the southwestern USA and sold it to teh world as if they DIDNT steal the look of their mexican neighbors!
I was talking about oldest gang in the world, because I saw you bring up WORLD! There's some credibility for you chump, being real (something you ain't).

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 3:16 pm

mayugastank wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:You're mad because of the idiotism I call you of & that message you got from me. Also you never really addressed me much. You're just trying to ignore me, because I basically stopped redressing your ass & told people to ignore you. People might just get the point of not talking to you, because might as well talk to a wall. So who looks like the dumbass busta?

You have zero credibility and zero argument to counter. FACT: oldest gang in America? Located in East Los Angelos FACT: the similarities between crips/bloods and Surenos cant be denied! FACT: outside of Los Angelos there are ZERO black gangs similiar in appearance to bloods/crips FACT: the zootsuit period was 20-30 years AFTER the first mexican american gangs of east los angelos FACT: The art of chicano bangers is plastered all over black peoples bodies FACT: Much of what is modern street culture is derived from directly copying and changing up teh styles of chicano gangs.

policyking asked why do surenos love soul music well why do blacks love west coast gangster rap? I mean teh entire demeanor/style and tattooing is MEXICAN not black. Here we have (2) 1960 gangs that basically appropriated EVERYTHING about being mexican american in the southwestern USA and sold it to teh world as if they DIDNT steal the look of their mexican neighbors!
I was talking about oldest gang in the world, because I saw you bring up WORLD! There's some credibility for you chump, being real (something you ain't). He was asking why people prejudice against blacks like something BLACK you moron! What tataooing? Some, sure! NOT EVERYTHING!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 3:19 pm

mayugastank wrote:
MMRbkaRudog wrote:You're mad because of the idiotism I call you of & that message you got from me. Also you never really addressed me much. You're just trying to ignore me, because I basically stopped redressing your ass & told people to ignore you. People might just get the point of not talking to you, because might as well talk to a wall. So who looks like the dumbass busta?

Name one thging of substance youve ever brought to any discussion .......you cant even spell correctly and you talk like a straight idiot. You dont even have valid points. Speciifically when your debating you have to have some type of counter.......unless you just come on here to read well then dont even respond to the discussion!!!!!!!!! This is a debate forum where you can voice your opinions and have people counter. The most solid argument WINS. Its also a debate that is being had by thousands upon thousands .......the forum youve mentioned about black/mexicans has had its own impression on google..........meaning that the amount of times its been viewed or read by others is enough to warrant a straight google search.

That goes to show you that although only a few dozen input their opinions it goes a long way! When people question modern American tattooing/art/street life/origin of gangs they can get on here and find out the beginings...............
I'm 1 of the biggest contributers on this site lopster & spell correctly almost every time, unless there's a mistype. I'm not perfect so there's probably been times where I spelled wrong, but you are far from perfect to even be talking.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 3:28 pm

Tre wrote:
mayugastank wrote:FACT: oldest gang in America? Located in East Los Angelos FACT: the similarities between crips/bloods and Surenos cant be denied!

Your facts are skewed Mayuga! Mexicans are the oldest gangs?? Compared to what?? During the formative years of LA streetgangs (1920's - 1940's), any group that challenged the white establishment was labeled a gang by the cops. Are you trying to say that Mexicans are the "oldest" to challenge white authority????
mayugastank wrote: FACT: the similarities between crips/bloods and Surenos cant be denied! FACT: outside of Los Angelos there are ZERO black gangs similiar in appearance to bloods/crips
How can you appropriate something that was barely in existence?? Compared to blacks the number of Chicanos during the formative years of streetgangs was minuscule. Not taking anything away from the Chicanos that fought valiantly in the military, but those that weren't lucky enough to get into the military was deported under the Mexican Repatriation Program.
mayugastank wrote:FACT: the zootsuit period was 20-30 years AFTER the first mexican american gangs of east los angelos
I see you still don't want to deal with the fact that Zoot Suits Made Chicanos! No one paid attention to Chicanos until Chicanos started wearing Zoot Suits and was able to stir a little buzz (publicity) for themselves! That's when white newspapers and authorities starting viewing Chicanos as gangs aka troublemakers thumbing their noses at white authority, and your small and disenfranchised group was labeled an actual threat (gang).
mayugastank wrote:FACT: The art of chicano bangers is plastered all over black peoples bodies FACT: Much of what is modern street culture is derived from directly copying and changing up teh styles of chicano gangs.
ESSe bangers art is not plastered all over black peoples bodies Mayuga! Stop exaggerating!! Just because a few high-profile rap artist use Cartoon to help sell and market cd's to their largest demographic and biggest fans (Latino women), doesn't translate to ALL black people wearing Chicano art!
mayugastank wrote:policyking asked why do surenos love soul music well why do blacks love west coast gangster rap? I mean teh entire demeanor/style and tattooing is MEXICAN not black. Here we have (2) 1960 gangs that basically appropriated EVERYTHING about being mexican american in the southwestern USA and sold it to teh world as if they DIDNT steal the look of their mexican neighbors!
So Just because a few high profile rap artist are trying to appeal to the largest share of their fan base (Latino women) blacks are now appropriating EVERYTHING about being Mexican American in the southwestern USA. Really?? You sound like that paranoid SURENO in that other thread Mayuga viewtopic.php?f=233&t=43735.
Sheesh! I'm glad my identity is not based on indelible ink!
He said: outside of Los Angelos there are ZERO black gangs similiar in appearance to bloods/crips. Did he mean WERE? Even then, how is he so sure? I was just thinking of how some old timer brothers I know straight from the deep south were dressed & it reminded me of the real old school style crips. I don't know if they were in a gang back then, but they were "gangsta".

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 4:39 pm

mayugastank wrote:
Silencioso wrote:... FACT MODERN GANG CULTURE IS DERIVED FROM AMERICAS OLDEST LONGEST LIVING TRADITION.

Fact: there's no big univeral street gang culture out there. There's three main gang cultures in the US today: LA black, Cholo/SW Chicano and Chicago. If we're being totally honest, LA black gangs have had the biggest impact nationwide.

LA BLACK???????????/ how so? what is really uniqe about LA black gangs? I mean they changed up the cholo style a little and came up with flannels that werent buttoned at the top, dickies that sagged instead of being pulled up and chucks instead of stacy adams?

What else? When I see red/blue I see Californias (2) largest gangs Nortenos and Surenos.....who were wearing those colors dozens of years BEFORE crips and bloods. If blacks from California did anything it was to bring HIP HOP NEW YORK styles to the westcoast. PERIOD. But on their own? NADA.

New York styles and Chicago styles are IDENTICAL .......its the NEW YORK EAST COAST look that is Americas other underground youth/urban/minority style. What is polar opposites from East Coast Hip Hop Fashion is teh Southwestern Cholo gangster look. The one the rappers of the 1990s exported to America as if they didnt steal the look from chicanos!
They came up with flannels that weren't buttoned at the top? I think lumberjacks already had that covered before anybody. I think the point was that anybody coulda worn flannels, especially when damn near everybody did in some time frame I'm sure. You got to give it up for the saggy pants tho, because that became popular nationwide & maybe even beyond. Who wears their pants up to their chest these days (not too many)? Oh & I'm shocked you actually admitted brothas were wearing chucks instead of what cholos were mainly wearing at a certain time, cuzz I could have sworn you even tried to say that was 100% cholo not long ago.

I think I may have even seen you give stacking to the brothas, which I think was started by brothas outside of Cali & so you would look even more foolish for trying to take that. So you're saying both the north & south were wearing their colors at least 24 years before the b's or c's? Funny, because I know of some n's who wore blue rags prior to the 80's & have seen pic's of heads from tradional blue raggings sur hoods wearing red rags before it became that way. Point is b's & c's didn't copy flagging from cholos, which is another valid discussion you have avoided discussing with me. I'm sure a lot of brothas from LA, Chicago to NY had similar styles like sporting chucks, but all had some different styles to go with it.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 5:02 pm

mayugastank wrote:why do surenos love old black music? SAME REASON BLACK BANGERS-dress/drive/and get inked in the manner of the Sureno.

We find whats best about a culture and take what we like EVERYONE DOES IT. ESPECIALLY IN AMERICA.

My favorite food? Italian
Favorite Music? RNB ( African American )
Favorite Vehicles? Hondas and Lexus ( japanese and german)
Favorite form of Art? Chicano and Japanese.


The best of the best. African American music isnt African---its American derived from Africans experiences in America. Simple. Just Like Chicano Art isnt Mexican but American derived from Mexicans experience in America.

Whatever the reason the worlds fashion and art is heavily laced with Japanese and Chicano forms of tattooing....its on shirts/surfboards/peoples skin/shorts/boards/album covers/ and on athletes and actors bodies.

The Art had never been seen outside the Southwestern United States BARRIOS. Its a chicano thing and its OUR BIGGEST IDENTIFIER. Should Lil Wayne/Tyga and others be allowed to wear it without acknowledgement? NIL.I believe as much as this thread takes on chicanos for listening to black music!!
I'm going to try & answer the question the best way possible, instead of like a lop. RACIST south siders maybe aren't as racist as you would think, or are just willing to put race aside & admit blacks can make good music. I don't see how that's the same as a black dressing as a "sureno", which I think is rare & especially getting inked like 1. Now the driving part, doesn't make sense. I mean don't all people pretty much drive the same? Even people who don't claim to like driving still drive with their foot on the peddle & at least 1 hand on the wheel.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 5:07 pm

If a black gets tatted as a "sureno", then he must be 1 himself? Obviously some crips probably like to dress like a blue ragging cholo, but those probably ain't racist 1's?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 13th, 2011, 5:26 pm

mayugastank wrote:
Silencioso wrote:Blue and red are common colors for gangs, Mayuga. I don't think Crips and Bloods ripped off Surenos and Nortenos. If Sur wore purple and Norte wore yellow and Bloods and Crips did the same, that would be suspicious! But red and blue are basic colors. Remember, originally gang colors were repped primarily through bandanas/rags. Red and blue are the easiest colors to get.

black and white are the most common colors for handerkerchiefs...........so why didnt they wear those colors? Also why did they coincidentally dress identical/drive identical and graff identical along with get inked in the cholo fashion?
WHO THE HELL WEARS HANKERCHIEFS ON THEIR HEAD?! FUCK, YOU'RE AN IDIOT!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » September 15th, 2011, 11:09 pm

TRE wrote"

ESSe bangers art is not plastered all over black peoples bodies Mayuga! Stop exaggerating!! Just because a few high-profile rap artist use Cartoon to help sell and market cd's to their largest demographic and biggest fans (Latino women), doesn't translate to ALL black people wearing Chicano art!


Mayugastank replies:


BULLSHizNIT" check out the thread "CHICANO TATTOOS ON BLACKS"

I posted dozens and dozens of pics of black athletes/rappers/musicians and in general blacks who have in the last 10 years ........inked themselves in the manner of the southern chicano. Exact same styles/writings/fonts and layouts/and pictures changed up a millimeter.

This style of tattooing had never been seen outside of the chicano convict anywhere in the world and it has changed the world of underground art and totally transformed tattooing into a mainstream youth thing. Before chicano bangers redirected tattooing the world of ink was simple and grotesque its now considered beauty and much of what is tattooed is and was done generation after generation by chicanos seeking an identity in America. Its OUR BIGGEST HALLMARK and OUR BIGGEST SIGNATURE practiced throughout the WORLD.
`

User avatar
Tre
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 426
Joined: May 8th, 2005, 6:19 am
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by Tre » September 16th, 2011, 1:22 pm

You really haven't made a strong case what separates Chicano tattoos from any other. When you use for example Tupac, I honestly don't see anything Chicano looking about his tatts. You made some comment about the specific placement of his tatt "Thug Life" being a Chicano thing... huh?? I really think you just have a problem with black people getting inked up.... period!!!

If you want to say the 'exposure' and appreciation of certain styles/writings/fonts has been increased through Chicanos and Chicano gangs, I really don't have a problem with that since most tattoo shops here in LA are owned and operated by Chicanos... but to insist anyone (black, white, asians) using certain styles/writings/fonts like "boldface' is stealing from Chicano gangs is nonsense. Especially boldface or blackletter which existed before the Chicano appropriation of it. Heavy Metal artist used it in the 1970's, Elvis Presley used it for his album cover in the 1960's, and Martin Luther used it to print the bible. Are all these people stealing from Chicano gangmembers?? Of course not!! When you make these outrageous statements 'Mayuga' that blacks are stealing Chicano culture by getting themselves inked up, the whole argument is a nonsense since it's based solely on some arbitrary convention. What about someone that is half-black, half-hispanic?? Isn't R & B singer 'Miguel' half-black, half-Chicano?? According to your logic If an LA Chicano does his tatts I guess that would he be half stealing, since he's half black??

In any case, regardless of your personal beliefs, if you pay good money for the shit it's yours.... whether its Chicano artwork, black music, or whatever!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » September 26th, 2011, 10:46 pm

Look at the worlds tattoos from 10 years ago and then look at chicano tattoos from 10 years ago. YOULL SEE CLEARLY..........how much chicanos have changed the artform of tattooing WORLDWIDE. The only styles known in the world are JAPANESE-SAILOR JERRY-CHICANO-TRIBAL. The modern American tattooing is a mixture of Japanese and Chicano MAINLY.

Now you say what seperates chicano tattoos from other tattoos? I mean go check out black tattoos -of yesterday to what they get inked NOW> What TYGA-WAYNE-LUDA-MAINO-BOWWOW- and many many others get had never been done by anyone outside the chicano community till the mid 1990s. NOT ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. It wasnt an art that developed in Ireland-Britain-Africa it developed amongst chicano convicts in the states of the southwest USA.

Just like the inkwork of the YUKUZA is 100% distinguishable from anything done anywhere else......the ink of the chicano is likewise distinguishable.

Lets get REAL ---everything about blacks in Los Angelos is a bootleg. From the rags/dress/gang styles/graffiti/ink and cars. Not anywhere outside the joint ghettos of blacks/mexicans did our cultures intermingle. MEANING: The Southern black developed his own art/music/culture by segregation. The WESTCOAST black developed his by mimicking EVERYTHING about latino gangs in Los Angelos.

REMEMBER : outside of Los Angelos blacks did not wear/dress/drive or bang in the fashion they do HERE> Not even in Oakland a city in the same state of California. NOWWHERE in AMERICA is their any black gang even remotely similiar to what the crips/bloods pretended to be during the 1990s-2000s with the EASY Es and DREs SNOOPS ICE CUBE...........pushing some sort of retro black fashion AS IF they didnt jack move it all./

CaliBoy97
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 12:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Compton
Location: Compton
Contact:

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by CaliBoy97 » November 16th, 2011, 1:11 am

All I know is Hispanics have no trouble saying Mayate or the "N" word but will bump some Tupac....Some funny style dudes

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 29th, 2011, 12:33 pm

CaliBoy97 wrote:All I know is Hispanics have no trouble saying Mayate or the "N" word but will bump some Tupac....Some funny style dudes
Funny style like stank, for sure.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 29th, 2011, 12:50 pm

I will admit if I haven't already, blacks did get a lot from Chicanos. I will say again tho, I'm not going to exaggerate it. When did Dre or Ice Cube look straight up cholo (don't answer it stank)? To me some times Eazy did looked cholo or damn near. It's funny how stank acts like he knows how every black in America dressed, but he's funny style like I said.

CaliBoy97
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 12:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Compton
Location: Compton
Contact:

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by CaliBoy97 » November 30th, 2011, 12:57 am

It boggles my mind that when the question of why racist hispanic gang members listen to rap, latinos like to say "well blacks get chicano style tattoos" thats the most bogus shit I've heard and as an African Ametican that is insulting. First off, that smile now cry later shit is not on the many gang banging homies I know. Yeah some have old english tattoos some dont. Stop justifying BS with more BS

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 592
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra
Location: Sacramento

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MCD » November 30th, 2011, 8:19 pm

Is this really that difficult to figure out? Mexicans listen to rap because they like it, now you have the chicano rap subgenre. And when you consider the time period most oldies were recorded, racism was still widespread. So they weren't going to embrace music from white artists were they?

WYCOKC
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: May 5th, 2011, 8:36 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Iowa
What city do you live in now?: kANSAS CITY

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by WYCOKC » February 20th, 2012, 1:06 am

This shit is crazy...glad Kansas City aint on that racial BS. Brown and Black in KC are cool for the most part, no tension or racial BS.

CaliBoy97
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
Posts: 29
Joined: November 16th, 2011, 12:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Compton
Location: Compton
Contact:

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by CaliBoy97 » March 3rd, 2012, 8:37 pm

You guys have some twisted logic. This thread is about music but you have pro hispanic dumbasses coming in here talking about tattoos. Idiots that old english shit existed before Chicanos knew how to write in english. Also, tribes marked themselves in ink for war, coming of age, or to show alligence to a tribe as did many Africans. Showing pictures of tupac, snoop, game or Barney the purple dinosaur doesnt qualify as "blacks stealing." What the fuck is stealing if you pay for something?

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » March 14th, 2012, 3:47 pm

Caliboy,

Why do chicanos like rap is a blanket statement......its accurate but bogus. The world going back to at least RAGTIME have looked to black people for music. American blacks have dominated music from one end of the world to the next. Why do I listen to some rnb,rap,motown? Personally because NOTHING compares to it. I cant find that style-rythm-beat-in my own culture, the closest we have to anything like that would be the Raggeaton, which by the way is bootlegged, African, music. Yeah it is sung in spanish-but the beat-stytle is PURE jaimaican-Island-African and mixtures of African American.

Your question is quite stupid. Simple answer is chicanos love black music-because chicanos LOVE black music. I mean come on! This chicano aint going to be listening to black music unless they love the shit.

So what? Your people dont give it up like they should, your whole westcoast getdown is bootlegged. The inked up-lowlow-flagging-red/blue, DRE-SNOOP ICE T , looking westcoast brother is a rip off of chicano culture. But you dont want to admit that. Your people dont dress-getdown or look like some 1990 crips and bloods anywhere outside of Los Angelos. Lowriding and vehicle modification didnt start in the South my nigga, it was brothers from Los Angelos who introduced it to blacks nationwide thru videos made by blacks who grew up around MEXICANS.

Another thing, dont put the way chicanos tattoo in a "tattooing in general ctegory" because I could do the same and say black music is simply 'music" and blacks didnt invent it because people of all cultures have had music all thru history.

Its a BS argument. The art-style of tattooing chicanos in the USA do, started amongst my people. It had never been seen outside of the barrios of the Southwest. It didnt start in Mexico. As well as the style of dress-the vehicle modification. These things all started amongst my people. The look of the crips and bloods, is a throwback to the style of the 1970 chicano convict.

Your people got a problem copying my peoples lifestyle and then pretending they didnt because they sagged the dickies instead of pulling them up or wore different patterned flannels, or modified jeeps instead of Chevy Caprices'.

FACT OUTSIDE OF LOS ANGELOS> BLACKS DID NOT GET DOWN WITH THE INK_CRIPPING_LOW LOWS.

FACT OUTSIDE OF LOS ANGELOS>CHICANOS DID AND HAD OLDER VARRIOS THEN LOS ANGELOS MEXICANS. The form of tattooing we are arguing about was done FIRST by chicanos in EL PASO-SAN ANTONIO.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 14th, 2012, 5:36 pm

mayugastank wrote:Caliboy,

Why do chicanos like rap is a blanket statement......its accurate but bogus. The world going back to at least RAGTIME have looked to black people for music. American blacks have dominated music from one end of the world to the next. Why do I listen to some rnb,rap,motown? Personally because NOTHING compares to it. I cant find that style-rythm-beat-in my own culture, the closest we have to anything like that would be the Raggeaton, which by the way is bootlegged, African, music. Yeah it is sung in spanish-but the beat-stytle is PURE jaimaican-Island-African and mixtures of African American.

Your question is quite stupid. Simple answer is chicanos love black music-because chicanos LOVE black music. I mean come on! This chicano aint going to be listening to black music unless they love the shit.

So what? Your people dont give it up like they should, your whole westcoast getdown is bootlegged. The inked up-lowlow-flagging-red/blue, DRE-SNOOP ICE T , looking westcoast brother is a rip off of chicano culture. But you dont want to admit that. Your people dont dress-getdown or look like some 1990 crips and bloods anywhere outside of Los Angelos. Lowriding and vehicle modification didnt start in the South my nigga, it was brothers from Los Angelos who introduced it to blacks nationwide thru videos made by blacks who grew up around MEXICANS.

Another thing, dont put the way chicanos tattoo in a "tattooing in general ctegory" because I could do the same and say black music is simply 'music" and blacks didnt invent it because people of all cultures have had music all thru history.

Its a BS argument. The art-style of tattooing chicanos in the USA do, started amongst my people. It had never been seen outside of the barrios of the Southwest. It didnt start in Mexico. As well as the style of dress-the vehicle modification. These things all started amongst my people. The look of the crips and bloods, is a throwback to the style of the 1970 chicano convict.

Your people got a problem copying my peoples lifestyle and then pretending they didnt because they sagged the dickies instead of pulling them up or wore different patterned flannels, or modified jeeps instead of Chevy Caprices'.

FACT OUTSIDE OF LOS ANGELOS> BLACKS DID NOT GET DOWN WITH THE INK_CRIPPING_LOW LOWS.

FACT OUTSIDE OF LOS ANGELOS>CHICANOS DID AND HAD OLDER VARRIOS THEN LOS ANGELOS MEXICANS. The form of tattooing we are arguing about was done FIRST by chicanos in EL PASO-SAN ANTONIO.
HE DIDN'T ASK WHY CHICANOS LIKE RAP! WHAT IF SOME OF "HIS PEOPLE" DO LOOK LIKE SOME 90'S CRIPS OUTSIDE OF LA? :lol: ARE PEOPLE SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIKE THAT OR SOMETHING, EVEN IN LA? I DON'T SEE HOW THE LOOK OF THE B'S & C'S IS A THROWBACK OF THE CHICANO CONVICT, BUT MAYBE SOME IN THE PAST LOOKED THE SAME.

HOW MANY CONVICTS DIDN'T LOOK THE SAME IN THE 70'S? :lol: WHY DO YOU ALWAYS BRING UP THE SOUTH? YOU ACT LIKE BROTHERS ARE SUPPOSED TO ALL BE FROM THE SOUTH OR SOMETHING. WTF IS INK CRIPPING LOW LOWS? YOU SAY SOME OF THE MOST RETARDED SOUNDING CHIT IN THIS FORUM EVER! I THINK THE PERSON WITH THE PROBLEM IS YOU!

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » March 14th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Heres why I bring up the south when I bring up blacks. 90% of all blacks were born or migrated from the Southern States up until 1970! Another 5% were born to parents who were born there as well.

Only 5% of all blacks in 1970 werent born in the South with NEW YORK-CHICAGO-DETROIT being the biggest concentrations of blacks. Now we could assume, that a crip and blood like gang wouldve formed where 95% of blacks lived or were born. BUT NO! In Los Angelos, they mimicked the latino street gangs and in Chicago they mimicked the Latin Kings which also held as its original members mexicans, with less numbers but still some of the very founders of LK.

Guess where their arent historic and huge black gangs? Mississippi, Lousiana, Florida,Texas, New York, all these spots dont have mighty black gangs like the BGD-FOLKS-CRIPS-BLOODS.

Yet 95% of all blacks lived-were born or just moved from the Southern states, and or those Northern citys. No culture of tattooing, no history of lowriding, stacking, banging westcoast style, no dickie and flannel gang bang attire, no graffiti like the crips out here..........none of that was present in those southern states. Or New York-Detroit-Chicago.

But here is who it was present for: CHICANOS: In texas the artform of chicano tattooing was established. Gang banging chicanos have serious history in San Antonio-El Paso-Denver-New Mexico. The artform of chicano tattoos, started from Texas Mexicans, Los Angelos mexicans merely added a big city flavor to it.

I mean do your homework.........it aint hard to see> blacks sold chicano life to other blacks. Who in turn threw in on their videos without so much as having ever met a mejicano...........ESE/

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by mayugastank » March 14th, 2012, 8:06 pm

KNOWN AS THE GREAT MIGRATION

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Migr ... _American)


How could anyone deny that the vast majority of varrios in ELA were already established by the time blacks landed in numbers in LOS. To name a dozen, WHITE FENCE. ALPINE STREET. DIAMOND STREET. GAHERTY.MARAVILLA. NUEVO ESTRADA. DOGTOWN.BASSETT.CANTA RANA. JARDIN.HAZARD.P12.

These gangs all established before the majority of the great migration left the Southern States for the midwest-westcoast and eastern citys.

How the fuck can anyone deny blacks didnt copy hispanics?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Surenos love old Black soul music why?

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 15th, 2012, 1:24 am

mayugastank wrote:Heres why I bring up the south when I bring up blacks. 90% of all blacks were born or migrated from the Southern States up until 1970! Another 5% were born to parents who were born there as well.

Only 5% of all blacks in 1970 werent born in the South with NEW YORK-CHICAGO-DETROIT being the biggest concentrations of blacks. Now we could assume, that a crip and blood like gang wouldve formed where 95% of blacks lived or were born. BUT NO! In Los Angelos, they mimicked the latino street gangs and in Chicago they mimicked the Latin Kings which also held as its original members mexicans, with less numbers but still some of the very founders of LK.

Guess where their arent historic and huge black gangs? Mississippi, Lousiana, Florida,Texas, New York, all these spots dont have mighty black gangs like the BGD-FOLKS-CRIPS-BLOODS.

Yet 95% of all blacks lived-were born or just moved from the Southern states, and or those Northern citys. No culture of tattooing, no history of lowriding, stacking, banging westcoast style, no dickie and flannel gang bang attire, no graffiti like the crips out here..........none of that was present in those southern states. Or New York-Detroit-Chicago.

But here is who it was present for: CHICANOS: In texas the artform of chicano tattooing was established. Gang banging chicanos have serious history in San Antonio-El Paso-Denver-New Mexico. The artform of chicano tattoos, started from Texas Mexicans, Los Angelos mexicans merely added a big city flavor to it.

I mean do your homework.........it aint hard to see> blacks sold chicano life to other blacks. Who in turn threw in on their videos without so much as having ever met a mejicano...........ESE/
I :lol: You would say some chit like blacks copied lk's in Chicago. LK's were originally Puerto Ricans by the way & I don't care what you're reason for bringing up the south is. I already knew why you did & I don't care for you to bring up any more of your opinions esa.

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”