Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??2

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
Cham
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: February 12th, 2012, 6:19 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: IE

Do Blacks dispute ?

Unread post by Cham » February 17th, 2012, 12:45 pm

To be honest dude to understand this situation you have to first know where your at. Your in America. America is a clash of different ethnicity and cultures and backgrounds all mixed together. First of all all you black and CHICANO are American so if anything that Chicano tattoo you speak of isn't Mexican its an American thing homeboy you don't live in TJ. Also if you look at what I said at the beging of this post you understand or should understand that America is a free state where anyone can come as long as they have money. That makes it that a lot of cultures borrow and mix and get integrated with each other it just cant be helped. America isn't about a 1% race thing where it be white or black or brown so please stop trying to make it out to be.

The Chicano tattoos were derived from Mexican American citizens no one will argue that but to say that people copied something is just stupid when your all from the same nation America. In other words its a West coast thing that has its birth in Hispanic Americans but blacks are also Americans which give them just as much right to use what they wish. Mostly a lot of people are not and never will be originals shit even down to our appearance go look in the mirror and your will see the reflection of your parents but you can incorporate things that do already exist and make them your own. Something even tattoo artists do. So please rethink yourself dude before you start dissing people.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » February 18th, 2012, 1:30 pm

Cham

Its an American thing NO DENYING THAT. But what are its roots? the form of tattooing is known as fine line black and grey and was used by Mexican Americans who brazenly inked themselves as a sign of bravado and a way to keep their manhood in the face of white aggression. Those Chicanos werent going to be like their parents and just allow racism to happen-unchallenged. Their resistance created a whole way of life-art.

Blacks on the Westcoast, whites, asians werent really part and parcel to even giving a 1% to the art and its movement , its not a WESTCOAST THING at all, its a Southwestern Chicano thing, started REALLY by Texas Mexicans in El Paso and San Antonio, West Coast chicanos borrrowed MUCH of what the art is out here from our hermanos across America.

This artwork has a deep history to our movement. Its our biggest identifier, its completely changed the world of fashion-art across all nations. Its on everything-everywhere. Go into a PAC SUN surf shop and see our art plastered across all their clothing-Go to Abercrombie and see it all over their shirts/hats/shoes.

Not one place in the world had an artform even close to what ours is. RESPECT. Needs to be shown when using our patterns designs and styles. Some black rapper like MAINO and WAYNE shouldnt just be able to use it while asking some white boy to place it on his body. At least TYGA kept it real. Now we need SNOOP-DRE-GAME-BOO YAH TRIBE-BOW WOW-ICE-CALI SWAG-MAINO-JR SMITH- and a million others I forget to acknowledge the same thing. I mean they whipped around showing chicano life without even looking back while clowning on every mexican rapper who hit the scene.

ALL I AM SAYING IS THAT THEY ARE FAKE ASS HELL-GOOFY AND BOOTLEGGED-is that so wrong? lol. It never looks teh same when your doing something second hand-

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » February 18th, 2012, 1:39 pm

What I mean by 100 years older is that there isnt 1 got dam black gang in America older then to name a few .......WHITE FENCE, CANTA RANA, JARDIN, MARAVILLA, SOTO, GAREHTY, BASSETT , a half dozen off top chicano barrios I just named that have more history then any gang active today across the USA . Black. Asian. White.

The few gangs I named all started in the 1910-1920s. They are active ass hell TODAY.RIGHT NOW. AT THIS MOMENT. ON THE SAME STREETS. AS THEY WERE. IN THE 1910s-1920s. FOOL>

NAME ONE BLACK GANG .JUST ONE. With even a half the history of 1 new East Los Angelos BARRIO.

RED/BLUE. DICKIES FLANNELS. LOWRIDING. STACKING. GRAFFITING. TATTED UP , who am I talking about? Not no crips/bloods. Cause across America they werent ANY AT ALL black gangs like them, EVEN THOUGH, their were 28 million niggas in the South NONE were doing what crips/bloods were doing in Los Angelos. You go to Oakland an 8 hour drive from Los Angelos and you dont catch no black gangs who got down like crips/bloods from LOS.

WHY? because CRIPS and BLOODS copied almost everything they are and were from Mexican Americans. Denying it is silly.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » February 18th, 2012, 1:59 pm

[youtubehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sk4tz2CEFeM][/youtube]






ONE MORE TIME............TATTED LIKE A CHOLO*

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 120
Joined: November 5th, 2004, 1:33 pm
Location: San Jose, CA.
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by Rudog » February 18th, 2012, 5:20 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOP LOP LOP LOPITY LOPITY LOP. LOP LOP LOPITY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 120
Joined: November 5th, 2004, 1:33 pm
Location: San Jose, CA.
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by Rudog » February 18th, 2012, 5:23 pm

I'M DONE ARGUING WITH A LOP. AT THE END OF THE DAY, YOU'RE STILL A LOP N ALWAYS WILL BE A LOP STANK ASS BITCH.

Cham
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: February 12th, 2012, 6:19 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by Cham » February 20th, 2012, 8:00 pm

Mayu your right but I now see better what your saying, I thought you were to busy trying to claim it as a Mexican ONLY thing but I know see you claim (I use claim cause I'm not sure about rappers dissing Chicano ones Cant speak on what I don't know) that credit should be due which I totally agree with you if anyone says that they haven't been influenced by Hispanic culture or tattoo's on the west coast and if the blacks don't agree then their in denial.You also have to agree though that even blacks have influenced Hispanics as well like for example you mentioned rapping that's mostly a African American thing started in New york and from slaves from the south and from jazz movements like the Harlem Renaissance. Also to be real they were Hispanic gangs out before the crips and the bloods like white fence and C14 And other gangs in the early 1900-1940s where the crips and bloods started about the 60s.

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 735
Joined: October 16th, 2008, 3:53 pm
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by dubts » February 21st, 2012, 12:50 am

lmao, cats still arguing about this for 10 years straight on the board

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » February 21st, 2012, 1:11 pm

Cham wrote:Mayu your right but I now see better what your saying, I thought you were to busy trying to claim it as a Mexican ONLY thing but I know see you claim (I use claim cause I'm not sure about rappers dissing Chicano ones Cant speak on what I don't know) that credit should be due which I totally agree with you if anyone says that they haven't been influenced by Hispanic culture or tattoo's on the west coast and if the blacks don't agree then their in denial.You also have to agree though that even blacks have influenced Hispanics as well like for example you mentioned rapping that's mostly a African American thing started in New york and from slaves from the south and from jazz movements like the Harlem Renaissance. Also to be real they were Hispanic gangs out before the crips and the bloods like white fence and C14 And other gangs in the early 1900-1940s where the crips and bloods started about the 60s.
He is saying it's only a Mexican thing. A Mexican-American everything!

buLLetxx2
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 438
Joined: April 20th, 2009, 9:30 pm
What city do you live in now?: LBxC

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by buLLetxx2 » February 23rd, 2012, 2:34 pm

Do Mexicans dispute that Irish originated LA gang culture?
lol

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » February 23rd, 2012, 3:31 pm

OLDEST GANGS IN THE WORLD.STILL ACTIVE



WHITE FENCE-JARDIN-38th STREET-MARAVILLA-GAHERTY-BASSETT


ANYONE ANYONE AT ALL.................who cares to challenge this please go right ahead Ill blow holes thru you.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by Silencioso » February 23rd, 2012, 6:27 pm

/\/\/\/\/\
You forgot Dog Town!

I don't think WF belongs on that list.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by femun » February 23rd, 2012, 10:19 pm

WF dates back to 1910. Originally know as little fence.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by femun » February 23rd, 2012, 10:22 pm

WF dates back to 1910. Originally know as little fence and it's always been a mexican gang.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » February 24th, 2012, 3:14 pm

mayugastank wrote:OLDEST GANGS IN THE WORLD.STILL ACTIVE



WHITE FENCE-JARDIN-38th STREET-MARAVILLA-GAHERTY-BASSETT


ANYONE ANYONE AT ALL.................who cares to challenge this please go right ahead Ill blow holes thru you.
I already did lop, so when are you going to come hanlde business bitch?

User avatar
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
Posts: 8958
Joined: May 12th, 2003, 7:56 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles
Location: Los Angeles
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by alexalonso » February 24th, 2012, 5:42 pm

mayugastank wrote:OLDEST GANGS IN THE WORLD.STILL ACTIVE



WHITE FENCE-JARDIN-38th STREET-MARAVILLA-GAHERTY-BASSETT


ANYONE ANYONE AT ALL.................who cares to challenge this please go right ahead Ill blow holes thru you.
Dog Town, started in 1890, got all those varrios beat by at least 15 or 20 years.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » February 24th, 2012, 6:34 pm

JUST TO BE CLEAR I THINK I SAID OR MEANT TO SAY YAKUZA WAS THE OLDEST GANG IN THE WORLD, OR AT LEAST OLDER THAN ANY LA HOOD DUE TO THE FACT IT'S ROOTS ARE SUPPOSED TO GO ALL THE WAY BACK CENTURIES.

User avatar
xicano323
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by xicano323 » February 24th, 2012, 9:34 pm

mayugastank wrote:OLDEST GANGS IN THE WORLD.STILL ACTIVE



WHITE FENCE-JARDIN-38th STREET-MARAVILLA-GAHERTY-BASSETT


ANYONE ANYONE AT ALL.................who cares to challenge this please go right ahead Ill blow holes thru you.
you forgot Clanton

User avatar
xicano323
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by xicano323 » February 24th, 2012, 9:36 pm

and didnt Geraghty Loma start of form Maravilla but then broke off of them?

User avatar
xicano323
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by xicano323 » February 24th, 2012, 9:43 pm

Silencioso wrote:/\/\/\/\/\
You forgot Dog Town!

I don't think WF belongs on that list.
WF started around the 20s but members claim it was 1911, so who knows.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by femun » February 24th, 2012, 11:12 pm

xicano323 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:/\/\/\/\/\
You forgot Dog Town!

I don't think WF belongs on that list.
WF started around the 20s but members claim it was 1911, so who knows.
I guess you've never read "The gangs of Los Angeles" by William Dunn

User avatar
xicano323
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by xicano323 » February 24th, 2012, 11:51 pm

femun wrote:
xicano323 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:/\/\/\/\/\
You forgot Dog Town!

I don't think WF belongs on that list.
WF started around the 20s but members claim it was 1911, so who knows.
I guess you've never read "The gangs of Los Angeles" by William Dunn
And i guess youve never read "The Black Hand: The Bloody Rise and Redemption of "Boxer" Enriquez, a Mexican Mob Killer" by Chris Blatchford and "Youth gangs in American society". Also the LA Times did an article on WF back in 1939, i think you can find it on google books, it shows you that they were already organized real good at the time. White Fence belongs on that list end of discussion.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » February 25th, 2012, 9:32 pm

The point of the statement was MEXICANOS CHICANOS-across the entire Southwest started and are the creators of much of what is street culture NOW.

Our artwork is worldwide. When I see modern rappers I see Los Angelos 1980s cholo gear and art, when I see modern skaters I think back to late 1980 vans/dickies and white Td chicano bangers. A styel they took from our predecessors.

A deep history in a foreign land-a people who sought an identity in a world where everyone was different in appearance-language-culture. We showed modern cultures across the USA how to honorable and in your fawking face stand up to white aggression.

My people didnt pretend to be proud-we brazenly rolled with our ladies brown babies and inked up bodies and created a IN YOUR FAWKING FACE style that let everyone know we didnt give a dam about them. Not like "otherz". Dropping their entire culture 10 years after landing on American shores to claim and play "gangs" , then seeking fame for doing something for 10 years like they got a history.

Or inking themselves in Mississippi-New Orleans-New York, cholo style art and tattoos without even knowing what it means but sure as hell flossing like its black power. That exact same scenario is what happened with the pachuco, blacks claimed they started it because they can. Watch MAINO .WAK .BOW WOW .TYGA .JR SMITH. LIL WAYNE. all representing to black America inked up superstars.........stealing and using our art.

Chicanos dont deserve shit, we lay down too much and let these fools jack and repack everything we do. BUT LET A CHICANO get on a mike-let him rap, let him breakdance, we get quick calls on tryna' be black.

Every single modern lowlow-inked in -shirt taking off-tatted up- rapper today would be eliminated if we took the cholo outside of him.

User avatar
xicano323
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by xicano323 » February 26th, 2012, 1:11 am

mayugastank wrote:The point of the statement was MEXICANOS CHICANOS-across the entire Southwest started and are the creators of much of what is street culture NOW.

Our artwork is worldwide. When I see modern rappers I see Los Angelos 1980s cholo gear and art, when I see modern skaters I think back to late 1980 vans/dickies and white Td chicano bangers. A styel they took from our predecessors.

A deep history in a foreign land-a people who sought an identity in a world where everyone was different in appearance-language-culture. We showed modern cultures across the USA how to honorable and in your fawking face stand up to white aggression.

My people didnt pretend to be proud-we brazenly rolled with our ladies brown babies and inked up bodies and created a IN YOUR FAWKING FACE style that let everyone know we didnt give a dam about them. Not like "otherz". Dropping their entire culture 10 years after landing on American shores to claim and play "gangs" , then seeking fame for doing something for 10 years like they got a history.

Or inking themselves in Mississippi-New Orleans-New York, cholo style art and tattoos without even knowing what it means but sure as hell flossing like its black power. That exact same scenario is what happened with the pachuco, blacks claimed they started it because they can. Watch MAINO .WAK .BOW WOW .TYGA .JR SMITH. LIL WAYNE. all representing to black America inked up superstars.........stealing and using our art.

Chicanos dont deserve shit, we lay down too much and let these fools jack and repack everything we do. BUT LET A CHICANO get on a mike-let him rap, let him breakdance, we get quick calls on tryna' be black.

Every single modern lowlow-inked in -shirt taking off-tatted up- rapper today would be eliminated if we took the cholo outside of him.

one of the best shit ive read on here man!

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by femun » February 26th, 2012, 5:58 pm

xicano323 wrote:
femun wrote:
xicano323 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:/\/\/\/\/\
You forgot Dog Town!

I don't think WF belongs on that list.
WF started around the 20s but members claim it was 1911, so who knows.
I guess you've never read "The gangs of Los Angeles" by William Dunn
And i guess youve never read "The Black Hand: The Bloody Rise and Redemption of "Boxer" Enriquez, a Mexican Mob Killer" by Chris Blatchford and "Youth gangs in American society". Also the LA Times did an article on WF back in 1939, i think you can find it on google books, it shows you that they were already organized real good at the time. White Fence belongs on that list end of discussion.
I've read Black Hand, now please explain to me what Boxer's book has to do with the fact that you have the wrong info and that your spewing false information on these forums.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » February 26th, 2012, 8:19 pm

Who cares 10 years here 10 years there, the point is chicano art culture and life has been around in excess of 100 years. theres been a few blacks on this thread acting like they invented the zootsuit much like GAME-DRE-SNOOP and TYGA WAYNE MAINO is acting like they created inking in/stacking/graff/low lows/casual attire gang gear.

I am way suspect about blacks starting zootsuiting, and if they DID. It was 40 years after the fact of the first chicano gangs. Zootsuits had their popularity between 1945-1952. Big FREAKING DEAL in a 120 year history! 8 stanking little punk ass years these fools believe influenced 120 gangster years of history-art-life.

Aint a gang worldwide with the history of Chicano varrios, we create they imitate POORLY. IMITATION IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF FLATTERY>
Attachments
cripblood.jpg
Norte SUR? black style?
cripblood.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 10556 times
jr smith.jpg
waz a chicano to do
jr smith.jpg (7.64 KiB) Viewed 10556 times
game_tattoo-1.jpg
dam ESE
game_tattoo-1.jpg (24.97 KiB) Viewed 10556 times

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » February 27th, 2012, 1:24 pm

mayugastank wrote:Who cares 10 years here 10 years there, the point is chicano art culture and life has been around in excess of 100 years. theres been a few blacks on this thread acting like they invented the zootsuit much like GAME-DRE-SNOOP and TYGA WAYNE MAINO is acting like they created inking in/stacking/graff/low lows/casual attire gang gear.

I am way suspect about blacks starting zootsuiting, and if they DID. It was 40 years after the fact of the first chicano gangs. Zootsuits had their popularity between 1945-1952. Big FREAKING DEAL in a 120 year history! 8 stanking little punk ass years these fools believe influenced 120 gangster years of history-art-life.

Aint a gang worldwide with the history of Chicano varrios, we create they imitate POORLY. IMITATION IS THE HIGHEST FORM OF FLATTERY>
You can't just shut the fuck up can you? You're crying for attention aren't you?

User avatar
xicano323
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 22
Joined: January 30th, 2012, 7:35 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by xicano323 » February 28th, 2012, 12:15 am

femun wrote:
xicano323 wrote:
femun wrote:
xicano323 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:/\/\/\/\/\
You forgot Dog Town!

I don't think WF belongs on that list.
WF started around the 20s but members claim it was 1911, so who knows.
I guess you've never read "The gangs of Los Angeles" by William Dunn
And i guess youve never read "The Black Hand: The Bloody Rise and Redemption of "Boxer" Enriquez, a Mexican Mob Killer" by Chris Blatchford and "Youth gangs in American society". Also the LA Times did an article on WF back in 1939, i think you can find it on google books, it shows you that they were already organized real good at the time. White Fence belongs on that list end of discussion.
I've read Black Hand, now please explain to me what Boxer's book has to do with the fact that you have the wrong info and that your spewing false information on these forums.

Are your trying to get attention? how 'em i giving you false info on the black hand? read the damn book, page 102 , i didnt say they started in 1911, read at the top I SAID "but members claim it was 1911", so how the fu-- is that false info? maybe if you payed attention we wouldnt be having this discussion.

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by femun » February 28th, 2012, 5:48 pm

xicano323 wrote:
Silencioso wrote:/\/\/\/\/\
You forgot Dog Town!

I don't think WF belongs on that list.
WF started around the 20s but members claim it was 1911, so who knows.
Listen kid, if your gonna post on these forums make sure you get your facts straight. Don't read one book on the subject read several and you'll distance yourself from situations such as these.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » March 4th, 2012, 10:40 pm

ONE OF AMERICAS OLDEST GANGS


TEMPLE STREET a filipino gang should be added to the list. 1920 or earlier. Notice how when anyone mentions the zootsuit it always mentions blacks-filipinos and mexicans...is it a wonder why? The Filipino gang is one of the oldest in the nation. The gang is active in the phillipines to date, I have heard that pinoys were thorough 100% involved in the beginings of modern gang culture. To think that although small in number they have formed something so thorough-theyve always in my book been real original. The flips in Montebello, old school ones and even new ones dont try pretending to be mexican or dress like us or do anything like us, so next time you see a gangster flip know that they were their with their input since the 1920s probably earlier!. I see them in that pic and give a hat off to a people whove been original from the gate and were around for what modern street culture is today.
Attachments
temple.jpg
temple.jpg (39.82 KiB) Viewed 10461 times

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??2

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 5th, 2012, 1:47 am

mayugastank wrote:ONE OF AMERICAS OLDEST GANGS


TEMPLE STREET a filipino gang should be added to the list. 1920 or earlier. Notice how when anyone mentions the zootsuit it always mentions blacks-filipinos and mexicans...is it a wonder why? The Filipino gang is one of the oldest in the nation. The gang is active in the phillipines to date, I have heard that pinoys were thorough 100% involved in the beginings of modern gang culture. To think that although small in number they have formed something so thorough-theyve always in my book been real original. The flips in Montebello, old school ones and even new ones dont try pretending to be mexican or dress like us or do anything like us, so next time you see a gangster flip know that they were their with their input since the 1920s probably earlier!. I see them in that pic and give a hat off to a people whove been original from the gate and were around for what modern street culture is today.
Yeah, but blacks do right? :lol:

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by Silencioso » March 7th, 2012, 1:51 am

Temple was originally a Mexican gang.

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”