Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang culture??2

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » March 7th, 2012, 6:58 pm

Temple Street originally Mexican? SOURCES.

Ive always heard that they are mexican NOW. But were originally flip.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » March 7th, 2012, 7:02 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
mayugastank wrote:ONE OF AMERICAS OLDEST GANGS


TEMPLE STREET a filipino gang should be added to the list. 1920 or earlier. Notice how when anyone mentions the zootsuit it always mentions blacks-filipinos and mexicans...is it a wonder why? The Filipino gang is one of the oldest in the nation. The gang is active in the phillipines to date, I have heard that pinoys were thorough 100% involved in the beginings of modern gang culture. To think that although small in number they have formed something so thorough-theyve always in my book been real original. The flips in Montebello, old school ones and even new ones dont try pretending to be mexican or dress like us or do anything like us, so next time you see a gangster flip know that they were their with their input since the 1920s probably earlier!. I see them in that pic and give a hat off to a people whove been original from the gate and were around for what modern street culture is today.
Yeah, but blacks do right? :lol:

Of course they do! Theyve copied the entire westcoast mexican culture from Mexicans. Bloods and Crips are compared to Mexican gangs NEW BOOTIES. Extremely NEW. Their arent hardly any gangs in East Los, that have the slight history crips and bloods do. Do you really believe we just coincidentally do all these things the same way? rag/stacking/lowriding/graffiti lettering style/inkwork..........hell nah! Bs/Cs are repackaged cholos. Their entire history is connected to the historic latino gangs from the Southwest. Their arent even 1/4 old as we are.
I dont give a fux but lets be real. Blacks in the South represent what blacks are. They arent like these West Coast inked in brothas!

Rudog
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 120
Joined: November 5th, 2004, 1:33 pm
Location: San Jose, CA.
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by Rudog » March 8th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Stank - It wasn't really a question. It was a joke, just like you. We already been over what I believe with blacks & what you do, so it's no need to bring it up all over again.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » March 22nd, 2012, 6:10 pm

Rudog wrote:Stank - It wasn't really a question. It was a joke, just like you. We already been over what I believe with blacks & what you do, so it's no need to bring it up all over again.

The question is RUDOG- do blacks dispute that mexicans are the originators of MODERN GANG CULTURE?

their arent a black gang in America with HALF the history of the youngest gangs in East Los Angelos. From the tatts to the form of dress to the graffiti to the rags and colors.......

Lets not pretend: outside of Los Angelos-they are not one single black gang remotely similiair to the crips/bloods and the only reason they are so different is because theyve adopted completely the style of the cholo. Not in New York ( 3 million blacks) not in the South (27 million blacks) are their dickie banging-red wearing-tatted like a cholo African Americans......

Bit their are dickie banging inked up chicanos lowriding in ALL THE STATES chicanos live. In fact in El PAso, Texas and in San Antonio, Texas one can find the begining of modern gang culture. Cholo style. Inked in and representing, they are also way older then gangs in EAST LOS ANGELOS> most chicano hoods from Los Angelos had as tehir originators chicanos from Texas.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 3541
Joined: April 4th, 2004, 6:07 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ
Location: WWW

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 22nd, 2012, 6:50 pm

mayugastank wrote:
Rudog wrote:Stank - It wasn't really a question. It was a joke, just like you. We already been over what I believe with blacks & what you do, so it's no need to bring it up all over again.

The question is RUDOG- do blacks dispute that mexicans are the originators of MODERN GANG CULTURE?

their arent a black gang in America with HALF the history of the youngest gangs in East Los Angelos. From the tatts to the form of dress to the graffiti to the rags and colors.......

Lets not pretend: outside of Los Angelos-they are not one single black gang remotely similiair to the crips/bloods and the only reason they are so different is because theyve adopted completely the style of the cholo. Not in New York ( 3 million blacks) not in the South (27 million blacks) are their dickie banging-red wearing-tatted like a cholo African Americans......

Bit their are dickie banging inked up chicanos lowriding in ALL THE STATES chicanos live. In fact in El PAso, Texas and in San Antonio, Texas one can find the begining of modern gang culture. Cholo style. Inked in and representing, they are also way older then gangs in EAST LOS ANGELOS> most chicano hoods from Los Angelos had as tehir originators chicanos from Texas.
I'M GOING TO KEEP THIS SIMPLE.... GO FUCK YOURSELF

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by youngspade » March 23rd, 2012, 6:21 pm

Lol yall wasting tine lolllll

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » March 24th, 2012, 7:48 pm


Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1865
Joined: August 8th, 2003, 2:27 pm
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by Silencioso » March 25th, 2012, 1:57 pm

mayugastank wrote:Temple Street originally Mexican? SOURCES.

Ive always heard that they are mexican NOW. But were originally flip.
LA Times 1953. Temple is mentioned as a predominantly Mexican gang with some "Anglos" and "Negros".

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by youngspade » April 20th, 2012, 8:11 pm

#fail


Still postn bout dis??

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 592
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra
Location: Sacramento

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MCD » April 23rd, 2012, 6:47 pm

Silencioso wrote:
mayugastank wrote:Temple Street originally Mexican? SOURCES.

Ive always heard that they are mexican NOW. But were originally flip.
LA Times 1953. Temple is mentioned as a predominantly Mexican gang with some "Anglos" and "Negros".
I talked to a guy from LA who lived near TST and he told me it was pure filipino, that then mixed with mexicans.

Seeing as how mexicans and filipinos get along, I can see that being the case, besides the papers get shit wrong alot.

mayugastank
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1708
Joined: July 4th, 2008, 9:41 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Whittier

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by mayugastank » April 26th, 2012, 12:12 pm

their is no denying that Filipino gangs in Los Angelos were here from the beginings. Santanas is said to be 100 years old. If we include any gangs in "oldest gangs" they definetly have their spot.

Temple Street as I was told was pure Filipino. It then turned Mexican, they are one of Los Angelos' oldest gangs. The papers list the zootsuit as a style of clothing worn by Filipinos-Mexican and Blacks.

Is it a wonder why? we got Temple Street and probably many more pinoy gangs who were very active and very into the gang culture as far back as the 1920s

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 592
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra
Location: Sacramento

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MCD » May 8th, 2012, 8:35 pm

mayugastank wrote:their is no denying that Filipino gangs in Los Angelos were here from the beginings. Santanas is said to be 100 years old. If we include any gangs in "oldest gangs" they definetly have their spot.

Temple Street as I was told was pure Filipino. It then turned Mexican, they are one of Los Angelos' oldest gangs. The papers list the zootsuit as a style of clothing worn by Filipinos-Mexican and Blacks.

Is it a wonder why? we got Temple Street and probably many more pinoy gangs who were very active and very into the gang culture as far back as the 1920s
Gang culture, or at least turf war, is a large component of Philippines culture amongst the poor. A guy I met through one of my filipino friends grew up in a slum and said it was knife fights all the time. Gangs in 20's, 30's LA probably wasn't much different.

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by youngspade » June 14th, 2012, 7:42 pm

mayugastank wrote:ONE OF AMERICAS OLDEST GANGS


TEMPLE STREET a filipino gang should be added to the list. 1920 or earlier. Notice how when anyone mentions the zootsuit it always mentions blacks-filipinos and mexicans...is it a wonder why? The Filipino gang is one of the oldest in the nation. The gang is active in the phillipines to date, I have heard that pinoys were thorough 100% involved in the beginings of modern gang culture. To think that although small in number they have formed something so thorough-theyve always in my book been real original. The flips in Montebello, old school ones and even new ones dont try pretending to be mexican or dress like us or do anything like us, so next time you see a gangster flip know that they were their with their input since the 1920s probably earlier!. I see them in that pic and give a hat off to a people whove been original from the gate and were around for what modern street culture is today.

Racists??

http://thehoodup.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=74375

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 1st, 2012, 1:05 am

MCD wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
mayugastank wrote:Temple Street originally Mexican? SOURCES.

Ive always heard that they are mexican NOW. But were originally flip.
LA Times 1953. Temple is mentioned as a predominantly Mexican gang with some "Anglos" and "Negros".
I talked to a guy from LA who lived near TST and he told me it was pure filipino, that then mixed with mexicans.

Seeing as how mexicans and filipinos get along, I can see that being the case, besides the papers get shit wrong alot.
not true.

from what i read/heard when temple street started out they had some filipinos back in the 20's or whenever but still majority chicano.

but there wasn't many filipinos in los angeles back then yet.

later on more filipino immigrants came and they had their own clique in temple street.

a temple street (mexican) told me the pinoy locos clique is one of their oldest cliques. not sure how true that is though.

judastaugamma
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 572
Joined: October 3rd, 2008, 4:48 am
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by judastaugamma » July 1st, 2012, 1:10 am

mayugastank wrote:their is no denying that Filipino gangs in Los Angelos were here from the beginings. Santanas is said to be 100 years old. If we include any gangs in "oldest gangs" they definetly have their spot.

Temple Street as I was told was pure Filipino. It then turned Mexican, they are one of Los Angelos' oldest gangs. The papers list the zootsuit as a style of clothing worn by Filipinos-Mexican and Blacks.

Is it a wonder why? we got Temple Street and probably many more pinoy gangs who were very active and very into the gang culture as far back as the 1920s
satanas (satan in spanish. same in philippines)

satanas is not 100 years old. they're from the 70's era.

they were a clique of temple street. later they broke off.


there's 2 stories around about how they started.

1 is that they were originally a car club that turned gang. they had ties to temple street or had members in the car club that were temple street pinoy locos.

2 is that they were a clique of temple street that broke off.

depending on which satanas you talk to , they'll say 1 of those things. either way they had a connection to temple street and i personally believe that they were a clique of temple that broke off. been locked up with too many OLD satanas veteranos that admit they came from temple.

MCD
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 592
Joined: March 14th, 2009, 10:51 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: East Side Sacra
Location: Sacramento

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by MCD » July 2nd, 2012, 5:20 pm

judastaugamma wrote:
MCD wrote:
Silencioso wrote:
mayugastank wrote:Temple Street originally Mexican? SOURCES.

Ive always heard that they are mexican NOW. But were originally flip.
LA Times 1953. Temple is mentioned as a predominantly Mexican gang with some "Anglos" and "Negros".
I talked to a guy from LA who lived near TST and he told me it was pure filipino, that then mixed with mexicans.

Seeing as how mexicans and filipinos get along, I can see that being the case, besides the papers get shit wrong alot.
not true.

from what i read/heard when temple street started out they had some filipinos back in the 20's or whenever but still majority chicano.

but there wasn't many filipinos in los angeles back then yet.

later on more filipino immigrants came and they had their own clique in temple street.

a temple street (mexican) told me the pinoy locos clique is one of their oldest cliques. not sure how true that is though.
Well homie if you're gonna flag what I saw as untrue, come with something better than "I heard..." But i think we're getting two cliques twisted up anyways, I've been told from people in the area temple st was originally filipino and filipinos and mexicans obviously have a history of culture mixing at least in cali. This same guy showed me a site the homies put up about TS's history and it says on there that it was originally filipino.

Besides the overall LA filipino population has little to do with it, 3 people is all it takes to make a gang

femun
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 543
Joined: January 7th, 2007, 5:23 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Pasadena
Location: Pasadena, Ca

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by femun » July 2nd, 2012, 11:08 pm

Part of temple street's hood is in Historic Filipino Town.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
Posts: 5147
Joined: February 12th, 2004, 9:17 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by perongregory » July 21st, 2012, 6:46 pm

We've already said this millions of times, white ethnics started gang culture in America including LA, Mexicans came in and added alot but not all of that culture was straight CHicano. White fence and all them old barrios weren't pachucos or cholos and all of that shit in no goddamn 1910's 1920's, the pachuco era is when we started to see the Mexican american gangster really define himself, and the pachuco era was influenced by black stylings from the east coast. The reason Mayugastank isn't taken seriously because he will give phillipinos (a small population) credit, ignore what whiteboys steal and do and have done to Mexicans and then go straight to blacks and try to tear blacks totally down. This is haterish sick behavior. CHicanos influenced the fuck out of blacks on the west coast, but so have blacks, and so have whites. Chicanos have listened to oldies, rap, funk, dressed in zoot suits, get fades, rappin, talk like blacks drive trucks w 20's and up on em, hip hop tagging, etc. that blacks have brought from east coast and originated here but Mayuga lies and says nah, I doubt that a purto rican did it, a filipino did it. That's BS. hell even famed chicano artist chaz bojorquez said he got the calavera design partly from superfly and other black gangster underworld type looks at the time.

Again, white ethnics started the gangs, chicanos moved in put a whole bunch into it, blacks took it to another level and then started borrowing definitely but from then on blacks and mexicans have been trading culture and that's the real truth.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 749
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 1:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key
Location: Texas

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 24th, 2012, 7:28 am

perongregory wrote:We've already said this millions of times, white ethnics started gang culture in America including LA, Mexicans came in and added alot but not all of that culture was straight CHicano. White fence and all them old barrios weren't pachucos or cholos and all of that shit in no goddamn 1910's 1920's, the pachuco era is when we started to see the Mexican american gangster really define himself, and the pachuco era was influenced by black stylings from the east coast. The reason Mayugastank isn't taken seriously because he will give phillipinos (a small population) credit, ignore what whiteboys steal and do and have done to Mexicans and then go straight to blacks and try to tear blacks totally down. This is haterish sick behavior. CHicanos influenced the fu-- out of blacks on the west coast, but so have blacks, and so have whites. Chicanos have listened to oldies, rap, funk, dressed in zoot suits, get fades, rappin, talk like blacks drive trucks w 20's and up on em, hip hop tagging, etc. that blacks have brought from east coast and originated here but Mayuga lies and says nah, I doubt that a purto rican did it, a filipino did it. That's BS. hell even famed chicano artist chaz bojorquez said he got the calavera design partly from superfly and other black gangster underworld type looks at the time.

Again, white ethnics started the gangs, chicanos moved in put a whole bunch into it, blacks took it to another level and then started borrowing definitely but from then on blacks and mexicans have been trading culture and that's the real truth.

I think you guys are having a problem understanding that there was never an en masse migration from the east coast to west coast,only from the South to the West Coast .Plus a lot of the stylings of black culture started in the 1920s in the south from the playas and pimps.

ViciousRidah
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 749
Joined: June 23rd, 2010, 1:22 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Tennessee
What city do you live in now?: A City Where Im Low Key
Location: Texas

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by ViciousRidah » July 24th, 2012, 7:32 am

ViciousRidah wrote:
perongregory wrote:We've already said this millions of times, white ethnics started gang culture in America including LA, Mexicans came in and added alot but not all of that culture was straight CHicano. White fence and all them old barrios weren't pachucos or cholos and all of that shit in no goddamn 1910's 1920's, the pachuco era is when we started to see the Mexican american gangster really define himself, and the pachuco era was influenced by black stylings from the east coast. The reason Mayugastank isn't taken seriously because he will give phillipinos (a small population) credit, ignore what whiteboys steal and do and have done to Mexicans and then go straight to blacks and try to tear blacks totally down. This is haterish sick behavior. CHicanos influenced the fu-- out of blacks on the west coast, but so have blacks, and so have whites. Chicanos have listened to oldies, rap, funk, dressed in zoot suits, get fades, rappin, talk like blacks drive trucks w 20's and up on em, hip hop tagging, etc. that blacks have brought from east coast and originated here but Mayuga lies and says nah, I doubt that a purto rican did it, a filipino did it. That's BS. hell even famed chicano artist chaz bojorquez said he got the calavera design partly from superfly and other black gangster underworld type looks at the time.

Again, white ethnics started the gangs, chicanos moved in put a whole bunch into it, blacks took it to another level and then started borrowing definitely but from then on blacks and mexicans have been trading culture and that's the real truth.

I think you guys are having a problem understanding that there was never an en masse migration from the east coast to west coast,only from the South to the West Coast .Plus a lot of the stylings of black culture started in the 1920s in the south from the playas and pimps.
Places like Chit Town,Detroit,LA,and Oakland all manifested their own unique style from scratch from living there for decades.

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by youngspade » July 27th, 2012, 6:03 pm

This topic needs to re~die

hellothere1234
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: April 30th, 2012, 9:50 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: los angeles
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by hellothere1234 » August 23rd, 2012, 10:46 pm

yes it does

User avatar
jdm894g
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 206
Joined: July 10th, 2008, 12:15 am
What city do you live in now?: LA

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by jdm894g » September 7th, 2012, 1:37 am

This nicca Mayuga done took his racists rants to another gang forum and spreading his propaganda.

User avatar
youngspade
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2082
Joined: February 4th, 2004, 10:29 pm
What city do you live in now?: Inglewood
Location: Born and Raised in Inglewood, LA County (All Ova)
Contact:

Re: Do Blacks dispute that Mexicans originated LA gang cultu

Unread post by youngspade » September 7th, 2012, 10:38 am

jdm894g wrote:This nicca Mayuga done took his racists rants to another gang forum and spreading his propaganda.
I'm pissed dis stupid forum signed me out after a post but i was basically saying i believe he is a longo was jus keeping it lowkey so people wouldnt think he was glorifying his own hood which is understandable and i wanna say some of the most gangsterest niggaz that have came and gone either barely said where they was from, try to conceal it of somesort and couldnt hold it in anymore? Alotta reasons why my nigga he gets a penny in my book he jus hates mayate crabs? :lol:

Post Reply

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”