"Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

The topics of Race & Religion are discussed in this section.
Post Reply
bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

"Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 13th, 2014, 12:53 pm

They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English.I can't even talk the way these people talk: Why you ain't, Where you is, What he drive, Where he stay, where he work, Who you be... And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. And then I heard the father talk. Everybody knows it's important to speak english except these knucleheads. You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. In fact you will never get any kind of job making a decent living. People marched and were hit in the face with rocks to get an Education, and now we've got these knucleheads walking around. The lower economic people are not holding up their endin this deal. These people are not parenting. They are buying things for kids.$500 sneakers for what? And they won't spend $200 for Hooked on phonics. Iam talking about these people who cry when their son is standing there in an orange jumpsuit. Where were you when he was 2? Where were you when he was 12? Where were you when he was 18 and how come you didn't know that he had a pistol? And where is his father? Or who is his father? People putting their clothes on backward: Isn't that a sign of something gone wrong? People with their hats on backward, pant's down around the crack, isn't that a sign of something? Isn't it a sign of something when she has her dress all the way up and got all type of needles (piercing) going through her body? What part of Africa did this come from??? We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans; they don't know a thing about Africa... I say this all the time. It would be like white people saying they are European- American. That is totally stupid. I was born here, and so were my parents and grand parents and, very likely my great grand parents. I don't have any connection to Africa,no more than white Americans have to Germany,Scotland,England,Ireland,or the Netherlands. The same applies to 99% od all black Americans as reguards to Africa. So,stop Already. With names like Shaniqua,Taliqua and Mohammed and all that crap...And all of them are in jail. Brown or Black versus the Board of Education is no longer the white person's problem. We have got to take the neighborhood back. People used to be ashamed. Today a woman has eight children with eight different "husbands"... or men or whatever you call them now. We have millionaire football players who cannot read. We have million-dollar basketball players who can't write two paragraphs. We, as black folks have to do a better job. Someone working at Wal-Mart with seven kids, you are hurting us. We have to start holding each other to a higher standard...We cannot blame the white people any longer. Dr.William Henry 'Bill' Cosby Jr..D

User avatar
Christina Marie
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9305
Joined: August 11th, 2005, 4:58 pm
Country: United States
If in the United States: Pennsylvania
What city do you live in now?: From LB to PA
Location: CA

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by Christina Marie » May 13th, 2014, 1:17 pm

Very good point's. I love Bill

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 13th, 2014, 1:47 pm

He is truly a scholar, talks truth and fact's :roll:

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 13th, 2014, 4:23 pm

I have the upmost respect and admiration for Bro./Dr. William Cosby(Q). As Brilliant and Conscious as Dr. Cosby is, he has lost touch with what is going on outside of the gated community. I agree whole-heartedly that Black people have to take responsibility for their communities and change our culture to become competitive in the economics of the world. It's not even about race anymore, it's economics. Having said that, I certainly appreciate the differences of opinions and perspectives. However, a scholar once told me that I couldn't understand the culture of gangs or prison unless I had been there or been a part of it in some way. It is my firm belief that unless you are Black you can't understand what it's like and issues that are faced. People who have never experienced oppression can not say that they understand being oppressed. The Jewish people can't say to the Palestinians, you shouldn't blame us for the condition of your communities because you brought this on yourself. But they have an active role in why it's that way. We all want to forget about Tuskegee Syphillis Studies, and the Co-Intel Pro. and the Slave Trade, Jim Crow laws and the denial of Education and all these historical facts. Racism no longer exists and we are all on an even playing field economically and socially. Clarence Thomas did it, or Larry Elder or Barack Obama but they are just a few. Stop it! The fact is the Race is unfair. If the announcer says go, and you take off running and you tie me down then wait until lap 35 to let me go, and now I'm supposed to catch up. Every oppressed race has a different struggle. It's not the same for Black people as it is for Hispanic people. I can't say what the struggle is like for someone who is Mexican because I'm not. I can only look at what is fed, most of which is propaganda and untrue, but until you have walked in someone else's shoes, I don't think you can understand. Personally, I don't blame anyone, but for those that do, I think that it's a legitimate argument. While the demographics may have changed the power has not. I wish I had the time to elaborate more but I spend a lot of time on the computer for work and I get tired of typing.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 13th, 2014, 5:13 pm

yes i agree to disagree to a point!, if you have never been in prison or gangs or street gangs;prison gangs; you can have a outside or nuetral veiw!!! and this is true you cannot walk in anothers shoes! or skin! for that matter,you can have a opinion or coment! but that goes for every other oppressed group!!! "American Blacks" are not I repeat not the only opressed group in the history of mankind,or humanity!!!

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 15th, 2014, 2:46 pm

Yes your are right it is about economic's and not about race since the 1960's, oppression? what oppression have you experienced? unless your in that age group? your people? owe yeah your "black" Quepolo3", yes they experienced oppression,as "Black American's" The nut doesn't fall to far from the tree usually? If it's not about race,and about economics it is the social science that studies the behavior of individuals,households,and organizations.This day and age we are on a "level playing field" yes we are,We can talk about oppession,BLacks,Women.Hispanics,Japenese,Native Americans,Basically "all minorities" anyone who is not a "White Male"Further,oppressed individuals are those who are members of the subordinate culture. Rather than the dominate culture, The dominate culture in the U.S.A is made up of Cacausian,heterosexual people(male and female) The same goes for women they have "Equality"Yes you are in the Subordinate culture Quepolo3 oppressed groups are The disabled,Lesbians and gays,transgendered individuals,those born into poverty,and immigrants.When the civil rights movement came in the 1960's it achieved the greatest political and social gains for blacks since Reconstruction Quepolo3 being a black man in America today is just like being a Gay or a Lesbian,Poor,Native American,Hispanic on different levels in History that cannot be weighed one more than the other period,Dr Bill Cosby my Black American Blogger is 99% spot on,What personally have you endured,struggles,Unless your retirement age black male and I don't believe you are? The difference is he prospered became sucessful and is talking from a Educational veiw point and he is correct,The Irish Slave Trade the Forgotton "White" slaves Quepolo3 The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World,I will print some of my History Text for that was my Major When I got educated in prison,Ha! Yeah you heard it right "PRISON"That's why I had told you before MY ANCESTORS WERE SLAVES IN AMERICA TOO,BUT YOU DON'T HEAR ME CARRYING ON AND BITCHING.OR ASKING FOR SPECIAL TREATMENT OF MY PEOPLE.IAM JUST GLAD TO BE AN AMERICAN,THAT IS A MESSAGE FROM BEING PROUD OF MY WHITE HERITAGE DOES NOT MAKE ME A RACIST...

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 17th, 2014, 10:15 pm

bumperjack wrote:Yes your are right it is about economic's and not about race since the 1960's, oppression? what oppression have you experienced? unless your in that age group? your people? owe yeah your "black" Quepolo3", yes they experienced oppression,as "Black American's" The nut doesn't fall to far from the tree usually? If it's not about race,and about economics it is the social science that studies the behavior of individuals,households,and organizations.This day and age we are on a "level playing field" yes we are,We can talk about oppession,BLacks,Women.Hispanics,Japenese,Native Americans,Basically "all minorities" anyone who is not a "White Male"Further,oppressed individuals are those who are members of the subordinate culture. Rather than the dominate culture, The dominate culture in the U.S.A is made up of Cacausian,heterosexual people(male and female) The same goes for women they have "Equality"Yes you are in the Subordinate culture Quepolo3 oppressed groups are The disabled,Lesbians and gays,transgendered individuals,those born into poverty,and immigrants.When the civil rights movement came in the 1960's it achieved the greatest political and social gains for blacks since Reconstruction Quepolo3 being a black man in America today is just like being a Gay or a Lesbian,Poor,Native American,Hispanic on different levels in History that cannot be weighed one more than the other period,Dr Bill Cosby my Black American Blogger is 99% spot on,What personally have you endured,struggles,Unless your retirement age black male and I don't believe you are? The difference is he prospered became sucessful and is talking from a Educational veiw point and he is correct,The Irish Slave Trade the Forgotton "White" slaves Quepolo3 The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World,I will print some of my History Text for that was my Major When I got educated in prison,Ha! Yeah you heard it right "PRISON"That's why I had told you before MY ANCESTORS WERE SLAVES IN AMERICA TOO,BUT YOU DON'T HEAR ME CARRYING ON AND BITCHING.OR ASKING FOR SPECIAL TREATMENT OF MY PEOPLE.IAM JUST GLAD TO BE AN AMERICAN,THAT IS A MESSAGE FROM BEING PROUD OF MY WHITE HERITAGE DOES NOT MAKE ME A RACIST...
Ok. Bumperjack- You are right. White's have been the more dominate race. They have been successful at oppressing, and skewing the rules in their favor to keep others as the subordinate race. To compare the Irish slave trade to the Afican slave trade and cultural devastation is ridiculous. That's just like the reverse discrimination argument and race card promotion that is being cultivated in social rhelms. Racism is not a card, it's real. You should know that being an ex inmate. What oppression have I faced, just the injustice of being smarter, and more productive than some of my white male counterparts only to have them promoted over me solely because they were white. I would consider that a form of oppression, especially when it happens often in the work place. You live in California, why after the removal of affirmative action in the UC admission policies have you seen a 70-80% reduction in the acceptance of minorities to their institutions. It's fair, it's just less minorities wanting to educate themselves, right? The oppression I am referring to are the inferior schools and differences in sentencing laws for similar crimes. I'm talking about voter suppression tactics and redistricting, No child left behind and other legislative practices primarily by White men that has no purpose but to maintain their dominate position as you would say. So does skewing the rules or having special rules mean that it's fair. When did racism end and things become on a level playing field? When you woke up one morning and said, everything's fair now. Please help me by explaining to me when the Irish have been discriminated in America? In 1910, with the Catholics and other immigrants. And how long did this last, over 100 years? You say that you are proud of your Irish heritage, and you can go back to Ireland and get a first hand understanding of your culture and an understanding of your race. Where can the African American's/Black people go to get and understanding of his native culture? We can't, because we were robbed of that identity by Master and Jim Crow, you remember him don't you. Did he retire? because I still see him in the legal and financial system that is so fair. Look at the unemployment rate? I guess that's because we lazy black folks just don't want to get out there and get a job! Stop it! Based on your education earned in prison, I can understand why you take the positions that you do, and that's fine. I don't have a problem with differing beliefs. I sometimes get on the white supremist sites to see what they are saying. I noticed on one of them that they had all of this BS rhetoric, basically taking credit for inventions that were factually known to have been created by black people. Dr. Cosby never stated that everything is fair in American society, he said we have to stop blaming white people for certain aspects that are of our own doing, such as how we present ourselves, and choose to educate our children. I agree whole heartedly. However, things are far from fair? The fear was of black people before, now we are killing ourselves, so we are no longer a threat. In some ways we are own worst enemy but it is my firm belief that this is part of the pill that was given to the black people by Mr. Crow. Now I ask you as an Irish American when have you been oppressed, and discriminated against?

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by RuthlessCray » May 17th, 2014, 11:12 pm

Today's unemployment gap between blacks and whites most likely has little to do with slavery, Jim Crow laws, racism or laziness.

I subscribe more towards the work done by the great Black economists Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell. They have compiled so much information throughout the years that basically shows how Black Americans were making a progress without the help of the government. It was only until maybe the 1960s and 70s when the Democratic Party decided to bribe minorities with welfare and start the drug war, which also happens to be when family structures started to fall apart.

Before minorities turned to the politicians for help, black teenage unemployment was equal to whites, from about 1890 to 1940 the illegitimacy rate or babies born out of wedlock among blacks was only 14%. Today it is around 72%.

Growing up in a two parent household and graduating high school are to two biggest factors or predictors of escaping poverty.

1900 to 1954 blacks were just as active, if not more active than whites and also were able to find work faster if they had to find a new job.

Yet racism was far worse in those days and in many ways society was poorer, yet economically starting to grow at a faster pace.

Seems the more the government does to "help" the more communities it destroys. The welfare warfare state and public school system did to the Black family what generations of chain slavery couldn't even do.

I'm Hispanic, not Black, but I see Hispanics being targeted too by the welfare warfare state. They want to bribe us with promises and blood money, so we can become helpless and dependent on their shitty system. The last thing the elite want is for people of all colors to demand pure freedom. "Soft slavery" is so much more effective people the people don't even realize they aren't free.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by RuthlessCray » May 17th, 2014, 11:17 pm

RuthlessCray wrote:Today's unemployment gap between blacks and whites most likely has little to do with slavery, Jim Crow laws, racism or laziness.

I subscribe more towards the work done by the great Black economists Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell. They have compiled so much information throughout the years that basically shows how Black Americans were making a progress without the help of the government. It was only until maybe the 1960s and 70s when the Democratic Party decided to bribe minorities with welfare and start the drug war, which also happens to be when family structures started to fall apart.

Before minorities turned to the politicians for help, black teenage unemployment was equal to whites, from about 1890 to 1940 the illegitimacy rate or babies born out of wedlock among blacks was only 14%. Today it is around 72%.

Growing up in a two parent household and graduating high school are to two biggest factors or predictors of escaping poverty.

1900 to 1954 blacks were just as active, if not more active than whites and also were able to find work faster if they had to find a new job.

Yet racism was far worse in those days and in many ways society was poorer, yet economically starting to grow at a faster pace.

Seems the more the government does to "help" the more communities it destroys. The welfare warfare state and public school system did to the Black family what generations of chain slavery couldn't even do.

I'm Hispanic, not Black, but I see Hispanics being targeted too by the welfare warfare state. They want to bribe us with promises and blood money, so we can become helpless and dependent on their shitty system. The last thing the elite want is for people of all colors to demand pure freedom. "Soft slavery" is so much more effective people the people don't even realize they aren't free.

A few typos ..I meant" the Democratic Party decided to bribe minorities with welfare and the government started to ramp up the war on drugs"

And 1900 to 1954 blacks were just as active, if not more active than whites and also were able to find work faster if they had to find a new job.

I meant just as active in the labor force.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 18th, 2014, 1:34 am

Quepolo3,,I do believe poor fits that category, and Im not or wasn't comparing the African Slave to Irish slaves,Historical facts ,Its not your fault for what happened to your people,discrimination wwell lets,not being able to be able to be except because of income,I came from a poor white family,The civil rights movement let you go to school to get educated,there educated blacks are you complaing about so little minor prejudice ,discrimination get over stand up when yoju pee and stop crying over spilt milk your educated and should be above all that discrimination of after paying my debt to society Im sorry we can hire you becuse. Your background discrimination,comes at alot of different groups,We get knocked down we get back up,Them 100 years you were on the planet blacks were not the only slaves in the new World is all I was saying call History Ridiculous,stop,crying about and do something successful black men are crying about it and it was a struggle to get were there at today

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 18th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Ruthlesscray good information I totally agree,with your points,Racism in America still exist today so those who say it doesn't is just abserd,Quepolo3 You sound educated,you said I believe Racism doesnt exist in America today you can correct me if Iam wrong unless you have blindfold on discrimination,oppression,prejudice,Racism they all have similiar traits and still exist today in our world in all race groups,Ruthlesscray you say you are Hispanic what veiw do you share on this website,books of education,prisons,street gangs,lessons in History you seem to carry Nuetral Veiw point ?

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 18th, 2014, 2:58 pm

bumperjack wrote:Quepolo3,,I do believe poor fits that category, and Im not or wasn't comparing the African Slave to Irish slaves,Historical facts ,Its not your fault for what happened to your people,discrimination wwell lets,not being able to be able to be except because of income,I came from a poor white family,The civil rights movement let you go to school to get educated,there educated blacks are you complaing about so little minor prejudice ,discrimination get over stand up when yoju pee and stop crying over spilt milk your educated and should be above all that discrimination of after paying my debt to society Im sorry we can hire you becuse. Your background discrimination,comes at alot of different groups,We get knocked down we get back up,Them 100 years you were on the planet blacks were not the only slaves in the new World is all I was saying call History Ridiculous,stop,crying about and do something successful black men are crying about it and it was a struggle to get were there at today
@Bumperjack- I am not crying over it, believe me. I'm just giving my rationale as too why it may be legitimate for some to feel that way.

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 18th, 2014, 3:05 pm

RuthlessCray wrote:Today's unemployment gap between blacks and whites most likely has little to do with slavery, Jim Crow laws, racism or laziness.

I subscribe more towards the work done by the great Black economists Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell. They have compiled so much information throughout the years that basically shows how Black Americans were making a progress without the help of the government. It was only until maybe the 1960s and 70s when the Democratic Party decided to bribe minorities with welfare and start the drug war, which also happens to be when family structures started to fall apart.

Before minorities turned to the politicians for help, black teenage unemployment was equal to whites, from about 1890 to 1940 the illegitimacy rate or babies born out of wedlock among blacks was only 14%. Today it is around 72%.

Growing up in a two parent household and graduating high school are to two biggest factors or predictors of escaping poverty.

1900 to 1954 blacks were just as active, if not more active than whites and also were able to find work faster if they had to find a new job.

Yet racism was far worse in those days and in many ways society was poorer, yet economically starting to grow at a faster pace.

Seems the more the government does to "help" the more communities it destroys. The welfare warfare state and public school system did to the Black family what generations of chain slavery couldn't even do.

I'm Hispanic, not Black, but I see Hispanics being targeted too by the welfare warfare state. They want to bribe us with promises and blood money, so we can become helpless and dependent on their shitty system. The last thing the elite want is for people of all colors to demand pure freedom. "Soft slavery" is so much more effective people the people don't even realize they aren't free.
@RuthlessCray- I must admit that I had not heard of these studies but am intrigued by this position. I can definitely correlate that position to that of the unemployment rate, However, I still think that Racism plays a factor even today. The Democratic role is important to note, and I agree with what some would consider an enabling policy.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 18th, 2014, 3:07 pm

Ok my apologys Quepolo3

Quepolo3
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
Posts: 756
Joined: September 8th, 2010, 11:01 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Georgia
What city do you live in now?: Atlanta

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by Quepolo3 » May 19th, 2014, 4:50 pm

bumperjack wrote:Ok my apologys Quepolo3
All good bumperjack! I respectfully disagree but Appreciate your perspective.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 19th, 2014, 5:03 pm

Well we have different veiws and thats ok, as long as we are civil and give each other there right, freedom of speech !!!

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by RuthlessCray » May 19th, 2014, 9:34 pm

bumperjack wrote:Ruthlesscray good information I totally agree,with your points,Racism in America still exist today so those who say it doesn't is just abserd,Quepolo3 You sound educated,you said I believe Racism doesnt exist in America today you can correct me if Iam wrong unless you have blindfold on discrimination,oppression,prejudice,Racism they all have similiar traits and still exist today in our world in all race groups,Ruthlesscray you say you are Hispanic what veiw do you share on this website,books of education,prisons,street gangs,lessons in History you seem to carry Nuetral Veiw point ?

My view on gang history? Well as far as the topics on prison gangs, I am neutral. I've never been to prison so there's really no need for me to be cheerleading for any one group. I enjoy reading and learning the history on the topic, and spent years learning street gang history and trying to dig up as much as I can for the Inland Empire because that's where I grew up.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by RuthlessCray » May 19th, 2014, 10:00 pm

Quepolo3 wrote:
RuthlessCray wrote:Today's unemployment gap between blacks and whites most likely has little to do with slavery, Jim Crow laws, racism or laziness.

I subscribe more towards the work done by the great Black economists Walter E. Williams and Thomas Sowell. They have compiled so much information throughout the years that basically shows how Black Americans were making a progress without the help of the government. It was only until maybe the 1960s and 70s when the Democratic Party decided to bribe minorities with welfare and start the drug war, which also happens to be when family structures started to fall apart.

Before minorities turned to the politicians for help, black teenage unemployment was equal to whites, from about 1890 to 1940 the illegitimacy rate or babies born out of wedlock among blacks was only 14%. Today it is around 72%.

Growing up in a two parent household and graduating high school are to two biggest factors or predictors of escaping poverty.

1900 to 1954 blacks were just as active, if not more active than whites and also were able to find work faster if they had to find a new job.

Yet racism was far worse in those days and in many ways society was poorer, yet economically starting to grow at a faster pace.

Seems the more the government does to "help" the more communities it destroys. The welfare warfare state and public school system did to the Black family what generations of chain slavery couldn't even do.

I'm Hispanic, not Black, but I see Hispanics being targeted too by the welfare warfare state. They want to bribe us with promises and blood money, so we can become helpless and dependent on their shitty system. The last thing the elite want is for people of all colors to demand pure freedom. "Soft slavery" is so much more effective people the people don't even realize they aren't free.
@RuthlessCray- I must admit that I had not heard of these studies but am intrigued by this position. I can definitely correlate that position to that of the unemployment rate, However, I still think that Racism plays a factor even today. The Democratic role is important to note, and I agree with what some would consider an enabling policy.
IMO Walter Williams and Thomas Sowell are two of the best living economists around today. I don't agree with everything they say politically, but I think it is safe to say they're experts on the subject of race and economics and I've learned a lot from reading their writings. Some people think they're traitors or " sell outs" for not preaching the esbalishment version of history and economics.I think some of the statistics they bring to light should actually be encouraging and empowering to blacks although they don't prove that the welfare state is the sole cause of the destruction of the black family ( and many white families too), they do disprove a lot of the standard explanations we're all taught to explain certain problems. Yes racism exists, no need to deny that, but does racism in of itself explain the break down of the family? Unemployment and education gaps? Crime statistics? Maybe so but not in the way people think. If it were just racism then why wernt these statistics even worse in the 1930s? For example. There was more racism, and society was poorer ( materialistically speaking), yet families were far more in tact.

It's not just about the Democratic Party or the welfare state but it sounds to me from what I've read, from the 60s into the 70s there was this new attitude among American culture that men and fathers weren't so important. The idea that a women doesn't need a man to raise children. Statistics have been clear that this was 100% wrong. Children need good fathers, without a father they're far more like to do drugs, join a gang, go to prison etc.

It's true for every race but I'm guessing it hit blacks harder at the time since blacks were poorer and more vulnerable.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 20th, 2014, 7:35 am

Ruthlesscray,ok kool, I guess i was spot on about your position I understand completely,Neutral, In the United States President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act on August 14, 1935, Welfare can be used to refer to means-tested cash benifits and SNAP(Food Stamps). I believe also having both parents and graduating high school helps curb poverty,but education is the key,To put yourself I believe in a Socioeconomic status in America today, It's an economic and sociological combined total measure of a person's work experience and of a individual's or family's economic and social position in relation to other's based on income,Education and occupation, Education In poorer areas where food and safety are priority education usually takes a back seat. While youth audiences are particulary at risk for many health and social issues in the United States such as unwanted pregnancies, drug abuse,and obesity.

RuthlessCray
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
Posts: 2124
Joined: September 29th, 2003, 6:57 am
What city do you live in now?: IE

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by RuthlessCray » May 20th, 2014, 12:47 pm

bumperjack wrote:Ruthlesscray,ok kool, I guess i was spot on about your position I understand completely,Neutral, In the United States President Roosevelt signed the Social Security Act on August 14, 1935, Welfare can be used to refer to means-tested cash benifits and SNAP(Food Stamps). I believe also having both parents and graduating high school helps curb poverty,but education is the key,To put yourself I believe in a Socioeconomic status in America today, It's an economic and sociological combined total measure of a person's work experience and of a individual's or family's economic and social position in relation to other's based on income,Education and occupation, Education In poorer areas where food and safety are priority education usually takes a back seat. While youth audiences are particulary at risk for many health and social issues in the United States such as unwanted pregnancies, drug abuse,and obesity.

Yeah..

The statistics make things pretty clear as to how important having an intact family is. If you want to tie it into education, children with intact families are far more likely to graduate high school, be higher achievers overall, stay off of drugs, the list just goes on and on.

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
Posts: 1063
Joined: March 9th, 2014, 10:38 am
Country: United States
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Re: "Can't blame white's" from Dr.William Henry "Bill"Cosby

Unread post by bumperjack » May 20th, 2014, 12:56 pm

Yes,I agree,poverty is hard to escape the list does go on and its a never ending cycle,I finally after comming from a poor family and a life in gangs got a degree in prison and all my spare times in the SHU I studied and after years of stuggle live a stress free drug free life, and crime free,and Iam on this site to share and learn from others,from otherveiw points as yourself Ruthlesscray take care and good points...

Post Reply