Why does anyone type in ebonics?

These concepts are socially constructed and have been given much weight. What are your thoughts?
SoG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Why does anyone type in ebonics?

Unread post by SoG » November 4th, 2005, 6:07 pm

Are they actually trying to keep it real on a message board? Because if you are on an internet message board you should just give it up already.

DOOBIE'S BACK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOOBIE'S BACK » November 4th, 2005, 6:10 pm

WHAT TYPE OF QUESTION IS THIS?? :lol: ALOT OF THESE MAYATES ON HERE ARENT "TRYING" TO TYPE EBONICS. THEY'RE JUST DUMB AND TYPE IT NATURALLY :lol: :lol:

SoG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoG » November 4th, 2005, 6:11 pm

LOL I really hope that is not the case.

DOOBIE'S BACK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOOBIE'S BACK » November 4th, 2005, 6:33 pm

THAT IS THE CASE. DUDES ON HERE THINK IT'S "COOL" TO SWITCH "S" WITH "Z". TO SHORTEN WORDS LIKE with, Mexican, DUZ, ETC. IT MAKES NO SENSE. IT'S ADDING INSULT TO INJURY. AND PEOPLE DON'T SEE IT. BUNCH OF CLOWNS. AND THE SAD THING IS, ALOT OF MEXICANS ARE DOING IT TOO. BUT WHAT'S FUNNY IS WHEN THEY GET BUSTED AND ALL OF A SUDDEN, IT'S "SIMON, ORALE, ETC" THAT TUNE GETS CHANGED REAL QUICK :wink:

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 4th, 2005, 7:28 pm

this is an internet forum not english class. if a black dude feel comfortable speakin how he speaks with his homies, whatever. If a mexican dude feels comforatable speaking how he speaks with his homies, whatever. not cool to make fun of fools for how they talk if you don't type in exact MLA standards or some other crazy grammatical, proffesional shit.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 4th, 2005, 9:20 pm

Half of the People on this Board are Little Fucking Kidz Who Wanna Grow up to Be Triple O Gangsta, Not even Knowing NO PARTS of the Street. Its pure Ignorance. Granted, I Can Have a legitement conversation/debate with about 15% of the People on this Board... The Other 85% are incoherent and completly oblivious to the conversation at hand. Everyone wants to Talk about Fitty about Game, Nigga Please. Thank The media, Hollywood, Babylon for the indoctrination of our Youth... Theyve already sabotoged our schools from within, just kick Back and watch them infiltrate Households, Through the very source we are all utilising. Behold, The information age.

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 5th, 2005, 5:34 pm

BlaKK wrote:Half of the People on this Board are Little #%@&#%@ Kidz Who Wanna Grow up to Be Triple O Gangsta, Not even Knowing NO PARTS of the Street. Its pure Ignorance. Granted, I Can Have a legitement conversation/debate with about 15% of the People on this Board... The Other 85% are incoherent and completly oblivious to the conversation at hand. Everyone wants to Talk about Fitty about Game, Nigga Please. Thank The media, Hollywood, Babylon for the indoctrination of our Youth... Theyve already sabotoged our schools from within, just kick Back and watch them infiltrate Households, Through the very source we are all utilising. Behold, The information age.
NOt speaking for everyone, but for most of the people on this board I think this is the reason.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » November 7th, 2005, 6:32 pm

DOOBIE'S BACK wrote:WHAT TYPE OF QUESTION IS THIS?? :lol: ALOT OF THESE MAYATES ON HERE ARENT "TRYING" TO TYPE EBONICS. THEY'RE JUST DUMB AND TYPE IT NATURALLY :lol: :lol:
You typed in all caps.Thats not the proper way to type.

DOOBIE'S BACK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOOBIE'S BACK » November 7th, 2005, 8:14 pm

^^^HUH :?: :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock:

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 8th, 2005, 5:48 pm

blackmanofhonor wrote:
DOOBIE'S BACK wrote:WHAT TYPE OF QUESTION IS THIS?? :lol: ALOT OF THESE MAYATES ON HERE ARENT "TRYING" TO TYPE EBONICS. THEY'RE JUST DUMB AND TYPE IT NATURALLY :lol: :lol:
You typed in all caps.Thats not the proper way to type.
LOL I got that.

I would say 99% of the people who type slang on here are faking it; they want to seem hood.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 8th, 2005, 6:46 pm

End Violence NOW wrote:LOL I got that.

I would say 99% of the people who type slang on here are faking it; they want to seem hood.

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » November 8th, 2005, 7:19 pm

DOOBIE'S BACK wrote:^^^HUH :?: :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock: :?: :shock:
Since you see others not using correct English as proof of my race being naturally stupid,what do you call your usage of all capitol letters?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 8th, 2005, 7:21 pm

artistic license.

DOOBIE'S BACK
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by DOOBIE'S BACK » November 8th, 2005, 8:12 pm

Using caplocks has nothing to do with proper grammar. You don't make any sense with your lame accusations. You know what I said about dudes on here being dumb and not realizing that people laugh when they see their "ebonics" is true. Don't get all huffy puffy chest and try and start a pissing contest. Settle down there ROOSTER!! CAUSE IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO A GRAMMATICAL WAR WITH ME, I'M ALL FOR IT :wink:

blackmanofhonor
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by blackmanofhonor » November 9th, 2005, 9:57 am

DOOBIE'S BACK wrote:Using caplocks has nothing to do with proper grammar. You don't make any sense with your lame accusations. You know what I said about dudes on here being dumb and not realizing that people laugh when they see their "ebonics" is true. Don't get all huffy puffy chest and try and start a pissing contest. Settle down there ROOSTER!! CAUSE IF YOU WANT TO GET INTO A GRAMMATICAL WAR WITH ME, I'M ALL FOR IT :wink:
Using caplocks is not the proper way to type.So if youre going to point fingers at others for not writing ''correctly'' then you should point the finger at yourself first bitch.Since you want to get technical,why arent you using APA format,double spacing,indented paragraphs,etc?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 9th, 2005, 10:57 am

this thread is stupid as fuck. writing shit how you pronounce it is not ebonics, spelling shit incorrectly is not ebonics, it is artistic licensce or just ignorance of American English. Slang is not ebonics either, or everyone in the world would speak a little bit of Ebonics, especially mexicans who speak spanglish. Fashizzle dizzle is ebonics (created words), black American syntax is ebonics, so shut the fuck up and let people type how they want.

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » November 9th, 2005, 11:35 am

WHAT ABOUT OW CHICANOS SPEAK THEIR DIALCET OF ENGLISH? NOT EXACTLY BRIGHT EITHER.

THE CANJUN SPEAKERS OF ENGLISH.

THE WAY WHITE NEW ENGLANDERS SPEAK ENGLISH
THE WAY WHITE PITTSBURG PEOPLE SPEAK ENGLISH
the way white southerns speak english

ALL THIS stuff ON PEOPLE SAYING THE PROPER USAGE OF ENGLISH WORDS AND IF MEXICANS KNEW ANYTHING THE UNITED STATES AS A WHOLE DON'T SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH! WE SPEAK STANDARD ENGLISH.

PROPER ENGLISH WOULD BE FROM AREAS AS THE UK.

MEXICANS DON'T SPEAK PROPER SPANISH EITHER :o

BLACK AMERICANS HAVE OUR OWN DIALECT OF ENGLISH WHICH IS CALLED A.A.V.E

haitians have there way of speaking french with a creole..

PEOPLE SAY BLACKS ARE THE ONly people to use ebonics not knowning they do it too but in different forms if that what it means.

'X'
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: North Dakota
What city do you live in now?: ........

Unread post by 'X' » November 9th, 2005, 1:05 pm

Man alot of ya'll fall for 'doobie' now very muched played out, twisted and corny Black vs Brown philosophy and Black folk disses everytime, and ya'll type pages and pages of responses to his delight...He know excactly whats going to get alot of you roused up, and alot of ya'll bite everytime...I mean dude is doing the same things in all his post that he saying alot of people are ignorant for :? ? GTF outta here :arrow: The majority of these clowns can not be taken serious....

Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by 100 » November 9th, 2005, 7:18 pm

X wrote:Man alot of ya'll fall for 'doobie' now very muched played out, twisted and corny Black vs Brown philosophy and Black folk disses everytime, and ya'll type pages and pages of responses to his delight...He know excactly whats going to get alot of you roused up, and alot of ya'll bite everytime...I mean dude is doing the same things in all his post that he saying alot of people are ignorant for :? ? GTF outta here :arrow: The majority of these clowns can not be taken serious....

YOU KNOW IT AINT(ISN'T) JUST HIM LOL,

AMERICA ITSELF HAS MADE THESE ASSUMPTIONS

WATCH-DO YOU SPEAK AMERICAN ITS A PBS PROGRAM ITS WORTH WATCHING IF YOU LIKE TO SEE THE DIFFERENT ENGLISH DIALECTS SPOKEN BY AMERICANS OTHER THAN AFRICAN AMERICANS

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 10th, 2005, 12:19 am

You know, this reminds me of an incident with a certian grassroots organization. I won't say which one it was, but basically it was for a while promoting the teaching of "Ebonics and Afircan-American Language and Culture" for a while. They were almost going to make Ebonics an official course.

This to me is retarded and would have only perpetuated stereotypes and continued ideas of black people being "different."

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 10th, 2005, 6:40 am

why can everyone else be different but a black person can't. If it isn't AAVE muthafuckas who wanna hate going to find something else so fuck that, and fuck assimilation. The fact remains you were conquered so fuck the conquerer and everything he stands for, cause he sure doesn't stand for you.

BlaKK
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by BlaKK » November 10th, 2005, 11:36 am

So In other words, Intent Over Content...Correct?

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 10th, 2005, 1:57 pm

exactly.

SoG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoG » November 12th, 2005, 9:59 pm

Just stop typing in ebonics. That is all.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 12th, 2005, 10:15 pm

freedom of speech and choice of typing.

A Ghost
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by A Ghost » November 12th, 2005, 10:50 pm

Typing in Ebonics makes it hard for people to understand you. It's annoying and it sends off the message that you're trying to hard to be a thug, so you must be fake.

Then people clown you for 3 pages.

perongregory
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by perongregory » November 13th, 2005, 12:03 pm

only people who don't understand it or feel they are superior to you in knowledge. I could give a shit, type how you want, can't have restrictions on everything in life.

*deepsky*
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Why does anyone type in ebonics?

Unread post by *deepsky* » November 13th, 2005, 9:00 pm

SoG wrote:Are they actually trying to keep it real on a message board? Because if you are on an internet message board you should just give it up already.
jus like i know u are WHITE for makin a stupid pointless post like this...we type how we want,who gives a fucc,only a jackass would waste a whole post to bring it up..yea i type slang,AND..who cares..and i gettin graded on how i type,do u even know who i am???...fucc outta here with dem dumb ass questions an statements...why would i spell checc on a message board full of starngers???u think im gonna go back an correct a misspelled word...u think im gonna go back and change a word if i typed.."loook"....u think im gonna waste my time an change it to "look"??? u know wat i ment right?? ok then..dumb asses commin on here with that dumb shit...besides,why did u post this topic in the Race and Ethnicity room??? u make no since boy..and the funy thing is,i KNOW i misspelled many wordz in this post..and yet,u still understood everything i ment...my point exactly

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Re: Why does anyone type in ebonics?

Unread post by Guage12 » November 13th, 2005, 9:15 pm

*deepsky* wrote:
SoG wrote:Are they actually trying to keep it real on a message board? Because if you are on an internet message board you should just give it up already.
jus like i know u are WHITE for makin a stupid pointless post like this...we type how we want,who gives a fucc,only a jackass would waste a whole post to bring it up..yea i type slang,AND..who cares..and i gettin graded on how i type,do u even know who i am???...fucc outta here with dem dumb ass questions an statements...why would i spell checc on a message board full of starngers???u think im gonna go back an correct a misspelled word...u think im gonna go back and change a word if i typed.."loook"....u think im gonna waste my time an change it to "look"??? u know wat i ment right?? ok then..dumb asses commin on here with that dumb shit...besides,why did u post this topic in the Race and Ethnicity room??? u make no since boy..and the funy thing is,i KNOW i misspelled many wordz in this post..and yet,u still understood everything i ment...my point exactly

Exactly what the fucc is the point of this thread??? Who the fucc is you to tell niggas how to write on these damn messange boards????

SoG
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by SoG » November 14th, 2005, 3:40 am

Hey pal Im trying to help you out. Typing in ebonics makes you look like a joke and an ignorant moron.

Git the fucc outta herre with that shiz homeslice.

Guage12
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by Guage12 » November 14th, 2005, 6:01 pm

SoG wrote:Hey pal Im trying to help you out. Typing in ebonics makes you look like a joke and an ignorant moron.

Git the fucc outta herre with that shiz homeslice.

Now we all know you a fuccin whiteboy....lol for startin this bu11sh1t thread, And why you worrying about how people be writting???WTF??....lmao you a joke

"Alright Dude"......lol

MiChuhSuh

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 14th, 2005, 6:28 pm

Hey calling him out for making a stupid thread is one thing but calling him a f*cking white boy is another thing. By calling him that, you are being just as racial as him.

He can have the opinion that ebonics makes you look ignorant and that would make him no more or less white or black than anyone else. A lot of black leaders are against the perpetual stereotypes that many black people put on themselves (watch BET for five minutes in primetime without seeing ignorance, I dare you, and not on Sundays with the Gospel stuf, that isn't even really BET-run, it's paid by some other group).

Return to “Race and Ethnicity, Racial Relations & Racism”