N0R~CAL STREET GANGS

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Re: N0R~CAL STREET GANGS

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 7th, 2014, 8:12 am

MMRbkaRudog wrote:It's old, but I found the type of story wickedthoughts liked to post and it's from here:
http://m.lodinews.com/news/article_96bf ... l?mode=jqm
It's about sureños in Lodi, who were targeting random people wearing red. Alonso would prefer we also copy and paste these things, but I can't do it on my cell.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 13th, 2014, 2:22 pm

Silent, have you figured out how old VHS is, if you included when they went by vagos? I thought they may have went back further than palmas.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: san diego

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » November 30th, 2014, 5:02 am

ask around. richmond going back to the REDS. lol

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » November 30th, 2014, 8:58 am

@Rudog 1978 was when they changed to VHS! I don't know how long they were Vagos before that though. Good question that I will look into when time permits!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » November 30th, 2014, 2:30 pm

wickedthoughtts wrote:ask around. richmond going back to the REDS. lol
I've heard some stuff, but I bet there's still a lot of blue. That city seems so weird with gang banging. I mean like it seems like a bunch of fooz just want to literally bang over a color.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » December 10th, 2014, 9:44 am

I've come across some history! Teen Angel made a magazine dedicated to the north and that would be issue 14, but check this out :
On one of those pages it has Vicky's Town XIV!

This one gives some shout outs, with different hoods mentioned. Anyone heard of triste vista flats? One of the surprising things was the shout out to rio seco, because I didn't know brs was around that long. I believe all this is from the early 80's.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » December 19th, 2014, 4:05 am

silentwssj wrote:@Rudog 1978 was when they changed to VHS!
This is just a guess on my part but this seems to be about the time the Northern barrios started using XIV.
On a other note I had an interesting read about some of your area's history (Not gang banging type) but it was some years ago and mine is vague on it but I believe the Gente goes back to the 50's there in the Washington/Gardner/Alma area.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » December 19th, 2014, 6:31 am

Hey there J! Welcome back! I would love to read what you got on the area. If you can upload it. VHS , became Nortenos in "82" that much I do know. They changed from being Vagos to VHS in "78". I was told that there was an initial period of resistance. Some of old timers wanted to remain independent at first. As far as when XIV came into use? I remember it going back as far as my awareness of their being gangs goes.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » January 5th, 2015, 7:47 pm

What's with Southerners, hitting up freeway walls like some taggers? I mean I even saw kvt on a wall off a ramp on 101. Could it be maybe the homies from jbf tagging with 14, that got Southerners wanting to write on freeways? Even on the 101 in Gilroy I saw something weird and I don't know if all of it was done by the same person, but there was both Chicago style gang graffiti and I think vst. I wish I could have gotten a better look, but I noticed what looked like vst with 3 dots and Chicago style graffiti.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 28th, 2015, 1:21 am

10 shootings in 11 days in Salinas
Police chief says community is still safe

UPDATED 10:42 AM PST Jan 16, 2015

SALINAS, Calif. —Ten shootings, four of them homicides, have occurred in Salinas in the past 11 days.

No arrests have been made in any of the 10 shootings.

"It's obviously not a great start to the year, but these spikes in violence are not unknown to us," Salinas Police Chief Kelly McMillin said.

The most recent shooting occurred on the 600 block of Terrace Street just after 8 p.m. Thursday. Investigators said a man and a woman were sitting in a car when two men walked up to them.

Police said they are not sure what was said during the incident, but words were exchanged and someone opened fire.

The two people in the car were shot. They were taken to Natividad Medical Center and are expected to survive.

At 6 p.m. Wednesday, a group of five men, ranging in ages from 27 to 60, was approached in an apartment complex's parking lot by a man who asked what gang they were in.

When the victims said they were not involved in gangs, the man fired a handgun at the group several times on the 1100 block of East Laurel Drive. No one was struck.

The gunman was described as a 20-30 year old Hispanic male, 5'9" tall, with a thin build. He wore an orange and red hat and a gray sweatshirt. He was last seen running to an awaiting white Honda Civic.

Salinas police have dealt with this issue in the past. About six years ago, there was a cluster of shootings in the city that included six homicides in one week.

Police were able to stop that trend and said they'll use that experience to help stop the violence today.

"We have targeted enforcement officers out there right now, working with the groups we know or are confident are involved, trying to head off any retaliation," McMillin said.

According to McMillin, it doesn't seem like all the cases are retaliation shootings or even connected.

He said the first three homicides don't even seem to be gang related. The fourth one, which killed 17-year-old Cesar Gonzalez Tuesday night on East Market Street, was, McMillin said.

McMillin said fixing the problem starts with a lifestyle change -- getting people who are driving the violence in the city out of that world.

"That's done by job opportunities, educational opportunities or if they choose not to participate in that, sending them off to prison," he said.

Salinas Police Investigations Commander Vincent Maiorana said catching the criminals behind all of the shootings starts on the street.

"We have officers out in the Hebron as we speak. They are reaching out, talking with people, asking, 'Have you seen anything? What's going on?' It's important that we develop that relationship," Maiorana said.

Now Maiorana is pleading with the community for help.

"When they see something happening, they can't turn and walk away from it. They have to call and they have to be out there to solve some of these crimes," he said.

As for the safety of the community, McMillin said he promises Salinas is a safe city to live in.

"While there's been a big spike in firearms violence, it really does confine itself to a really small group of people who engage in high-risk behavior. So it doesn't mean the general public is really at risk," McMillin said.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 28th, 2015, 1:24 am

POSTED: 01/21/15, 6:16 PM PST | 0 COMMENTS
Salinas >> A 19-year-old woman sustained a minor injury Tuesday night after the house she was in was shot at several times, police said.

The house located on Cabrillo Street was targeted during the shooting at 9:30 p.m., while three women were inside. Police say the three women do not appear to have ties to gangs, and the motive of the shooting remains unclear.

The unidentified 19-year-old woman suffered a grazing wound to her back, but was not taken to a hospital.

Though there is no description of suspects or the vehicle involved, the victims said they heard a car leaving the scene after their house was shot at.

So far, no witnesses have been located, police said.

This is Salinas’ 12th shooting this year.

wickedthoughtts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by wickedthoughtts » January 28th, 2015, 1:27 am

and there was a shooting monday. what in the world is going in salas. probably the most banged out city in NOR CAL right now. they got a lil gang war in SF right now too by bayview and Sunnydale

OGCricket
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: S-CP-HOOD-J

Unread post by OGCricket » March 1st, 2015, 1:08 pm

what's up guys hows everyone.

alexalonso
Founder
Founder
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by alexalonso » March 2nd, 2015, 12:47 am

I would like to get those teen angel magazines.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 2nd, 2015, 7:42 pm

OGCricket wrote:what's up guys hows everyone.
What's up with you? Kind of dead around here, but check out another another trippy pic I found right here:
Only east side Santa I heard of is Santa Cruz East Side and they're south siders.

wedo
What city do you live in now?: Delano

Unread post by wedo » March 9th, 2015, 11:21 am

Anybody know the rank structure for the NF?

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » March 10th, 2015, 3:02 pm

All the Ranking Members of the NF are in The Feds and or in Pelican Bay State Prison...All Prison Gangs in California are similar in Ranking Structure... Generals,Captains and Lieutenants (Shotcallers) Wedo hope this answers your question? Im very familar with all prison gangs Stucture in California...W/R Bumperjack

bumperjack
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
If in the United States: Hawaii
What city do you live in now?: Honalulu

Unread post by bumperjack » March 10th, 2015, 3:29 pm

WEDO HERS SOME HISTORY FOR YOU ON THE "NUESTRA FAMILIA" RANKING STRUCTURE IS "PARAMILITARY"

The bones of La Nuestra Familia (NF) originated in September 1967 with the initial name “La Familia” at the Deuel Vocational Institution in Tracy, California. The gang’s initiators then changed the organizations name to “La Nuestra Familia” on September 1968 at the Northern California's Soledad Correction Training Facility. The violent prison gangs founding fathers, Haero Morgan, Robert Joseph Gonzales, Bobby Joe Barkley and Freddy Gonzales believed that the gang would unite all northern Hispanic inmates. Their main objective was to divide prisoners from northern California and compete with the southern California based Mexican Mafia.

GANG PROFILE
Symbols: Huelga eagle "XIV" Possible NF number, Norteno, Norte, 14, catorce, ENE, sombrero over a bloody machete.
Ranking structure: Paramilitary
Territory: Northern California
Alliances: Northern Structure, Nuestra Raza, most street gangs in northern California.
Members: 8,000
Racial make up: Hispanic
Threat: High

MEXICAN MAFIA VS NUESTRA FAMILIA
As soon as Nuestra Familia members began arriving at the San Quentin maximum security prison in 1968, high ranking Mexican Mafia members attempted to kill the NF seed before it grew. NF member Sonny Pena was the first victim to be murdered by the Mexican Mafia. Pena’s brutal murder was the Mexican Mafia’s way of informing California’s prison population that new gangs would not be accepted. The Mexican Mafia wasn’t the only prison gang to reject the idea of a new barracuda in the pond. The Aryan Brotherhood also joined in the attack by murdering Nuestra Familia member Fred Charles Castillo on February 3, 1972. All Mexican-American prisoners from northern California became immediate targets, leaving the California Department of Corrections with no other choice but to segregate all Nuestra Familia members and northern California inmates. This gave Nuestra Familia the perfect opportunity to unite all northern California inmates and opened the doors to thousands of new members.
Bakersfield, California soon became the dividing line between the Nuestra Familia and Mexican Mafia territory.

NUESTRA FAMILIA RANKING STRUCTURE
The NF operates in a paramilitary fashion. The gang has a Supreme Commander, several Generals, regimental captains, lieutenants and soldiers.

NUESTRA FAMILIA AND PELICAN BAY STATE PRISON
Northern California’s Pelican Bay maximum security prison became a command center for the NF and was home of most of the gang’s highest ranking members. Behind bars they ran the prison drug trade and controlled thousands of street gang members. All Mexican Mafia members unfortunate enough to be sent to Pelican Bay were murdered by the NF on sight. As the NF matured, so did the seriousness of their crimes. The Nuestra Familia became involved in murder, burglaries, extortion, and drug dealing on the streets of San Jose, Fresno, Bakersfield and Sacramento. The gang adopted then adopted the blood in blood out policy in 1974 and began murdering off NF members who proved to be unloyal to the gang.

NUESTRA FAMILIA’S JR. BRANCH
Nuestra Familia leaders decided to organize a structure division called “Nuestra Raza”, more commonly known as “Northern Structure”. The new branch would serve as a prospect base for those interested in joining Nuestra Familia. Northern Structure prospects would have to earn membership into NF by following the gang’s orders. Gang hits were always handed down to Northern Structure prospects and gave wanna be’s the opportunity of proving themselves to the NF. Before a sponsored prospect can qualify as a member of the NF, the offender must gain knowledge of the gang’s constitution officially known as the “XIV Bonds”. The Northern Structure became the ears of the senior Nuestra Familia and was required to deal drugs for its father hierarchy. Northern Structure sold drugs in the streets and brought in funds for ranking NF members behind bars.

NUESTRA FAMILIA DECLINES
Soon after the U.S. government began hammering La Nuestra Familia with RICO, many of its high ranking members became paranoid and began ordering the murders of dozens of its members suspected of cooperating with police. Hundreds of NF members lost moral as a result and began quitting the gang. Today the Nuestra Familia remains active but lacks the power it once had.

NUESTRA FAMILIA CHRONOLOGIES OF EVENTS

In 1966, “La Familia” is formed in the Deuel Vocational Institution in Tracy, California, but is renamed “La Nuestra Familia” in Northern California's Soledad Correction Training Facility in 1968.

In 1968, Sonny Pena is stabbed to death by the Mexican Mafia at San Quentin state prison. The killing was the official starting point of non stop warfare between both prison gangs.

On September 16, 1968, A Nuestra Familia member is brutally stabbed in the Folsom state prison by the Mexican Mafia.

In 1971, Nuestra Familia founder Freddy Gonzalez dies of a heroin overdose.
On February 3, 1972, Aryan Brotherhood members murder Nuestra familia member Fred Charles Castillo.

On October 19, 1972, Mexican Mafia member Leonard Arias is stabbed to death by Nuestra Familia members in a dormitory at the California Correctional Institution at Tehachapi, California. (People v. Vargas, 5 Crim. 1735)

On December 31, 1976, Mexican Mafia member Alejandro Moreno is murdered by Nuestra familia members.

In 1976, Nuestra Familia members Daniel Ramos and Jose Cobos are ordered to murder fellow gang member George Tenario after the leaders of Nuestra Familia suspect Tenario is a FBI informant. (In re Ramos, H031160 (Cal. App. 5/9/2008) (Cal. App., 2008)

On March 22, 1977, Nuestra Familia members murder NF member Flavio Garza for refusing to kill someone else. (Gutierrez v. Griggs, 695 F.2d 1195 (C.A.9 (Cal.), 1983)

On April 9, 1979, Nuestra Familia member Juan Lorenzo Baca guns down Toby Baca in front of the victim’s wife in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The murder involved a drug transaction gone badly. (Baca v. Sullivan, 821 F.2d 1480 (C.A.10 (N.M.), 1987)

In January 1982, the Nuestra Familia becomes the first prison gang in United States history to be charged under the federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act. RICO marks the beginning of the end of La Nuestra Familia.

In 1993, Nuestra Familia members are indicted for a string of murders involving drugs. The motive of the murders involves narcotics. (The People v. Vargas, 110 Cal.Rptr.2d 210 (Cal. App. 6 Dist., 2001)

On January 27, 1994, Nuestra Familia members murder Osvaldo Mojarro Rios of the Mexican Mafia. (People v. Valdez, 68 Cal.Rptr.2d 135, 58 Cal.App.4th 494 (Cal. App. 6 Dist., 1997)

On July 13, 1998, Nuestra Familia members raid the home of Andrea Mestas in an attempt to murder her boyfriend Ronny Giminez. The gang members murder Mestas and her unborn fetus as she puts up a fight. (People v. Valdez, C036614 (CA 2/4/2005)

On April 19, 1999, Nuestra Familia murder 20 year gang veteran ROBERT "Brown Bob," VIRAMONTES in his garage. NF leaders in Pelican Bay state prison ordered the hit because Viramontes was no longer involving himself in crime.

In April 2001, 13 high ranking Nuestra Familia members and associates are indicted under the federal RICO.

On May, 2007, FBI and DEA officials arrest several Nuestra Familia members on drug trafficking charges in Bakersfield, California. Officials seize 148 pounds of methamphetamine, 32 kilos of cocaine, 14 fire arms, 3 high priced automobiles, and $113,000 dollars in cash. (U.S.Department of Justice News Release - Eastern District of California)

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 15th, 2015, 8:59 am

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 18th, 2015, 5:27 pm

I am curious about this one myself. The victim used to date my Homegirls daughter! It happened in SSP territory. There are plenty of Nortenos roaming the area as well. It could have been Southerners or Northerners accidentally shooting a Northerner in an area perceived to be Southern territory and mistaking him for an enemy! A lot of stuff goes down there as that area is hotly contested. I was waiting for some news to be published on this one. I heard about it the day after it happened.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 18th, 2015, 7:33 pm

http://www.insidebayarea.com/crime-cour ... im-mourned

Wow correction, He was from SSP! Look at the graffiti on his hat! The article said two people got shot same day same area but different times. I cant figure out why my Homegirl's daughter would have dated him? Just going off what she said on facebook. It is possible that she was referring to the other victim. I couldn't see them dating as my people are Nortenos through and through. They got a grip of family in that immediate area though. who knows, weird things happen sometimes.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 19th, 2015, 11:57 am

silentwssj wrote:http://www.insidebayarea.com/crime-cour ... im-mourned

Wow correction, He was from SSP! Look at the graffiti on his hat! The article said two people got shot same day same area but different times. I cant figure out why my Homegirl's daughter would have dated him? Just going off what she said on facebook. It is possible that she was referring to the other victim. I couldn't see them dating as my people are Nortenos through and through. They got a grip of family in that immediate area though. who knows, weird things happen sometimes.
I wonder why they only put sp and what other victim? I also wonder for what benefit the shooting was for.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 19th, 2015, 3:02 pm

I read the article again and did notice it mentioned another victim, but not much info on him.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » March 19th, 2015, 3:34 pm

There are a few articles written on this one. One of them says someone got shot in the alley around 4:30 that afternoon, then later on that evening the murder happened plus a second person got shot. Then a fourth person got shot the next day at the vigil. At least that is what I got out of reading the Vario's articles on this one. As far as why, it is just speculation on my part but there probably was no reason other than he was a Southerner. That area is red hot with drivebys! That intersection is SSP territory. You got Clanton 14 just 3 blocks south, VHS 3 blocks west! WSM is right down the street as well. My Home girl used to live one block from there. I used to kick it over there regularly and gun shots were heard constantly. There is hardly a day that goes by without someone getting Beat, stabbed or shot around there! I am just trying to figure out who she was talking about? All her kids are Nortenos as far as I know. She definitely said that one of her daughters was dating one of the victims. I just couldn't see them two getting together. His hat said SP which I take for Santos Pride.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » March 19th, 2015, 5:27 pm

LOL I need to get off the net. Browsed through damn near this whole thread. I surprise myself every time I do something like go through a large thread like this, cuzz no way will I remember all the crap talked about on here. Pretty damn rediculous what I have seen in the past. Ha and I even warned that we had to start another thread from the fact this one became too big, but guess we didn't care or thought we could really have so many pages in one thread.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » May 2nd, 2015, 10:03 am

OK I confirmed that murder victim was SSP! Victims friend is dating my homegirls daughter! Wow is all I can say. There whole family are Nortenos through and through. Funny things happen every now and then. I guess love knows no boundaries, Lol!

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 7th, 2015, 4:53 pm

I just had a conversation with someone from my deep past! When I first came on this forum I was asked about BML's being at Roosevelt park, Lomas being there in the old days, and the conflict between BML's and CPL's. I just underwent some memory refreshment from about 25 years ago.

1. Yes, Lomas claimed the park back in the day.

2. There was an agreement to share the park for purposes of unity amongst various Norteno groups back then. Lomas, BML's and a group that I forgot about SJBP were all going there back in the day. Basically it was neutral ground for all groups. BML's really had their turf around Jackson and San Antonio, also right down the street in the Dobern st area and most of all around Golf st!

3. The beef between CPL's and BML's was basically over a girl! I know that it was stated that it was over not crossing the freeway and that is true as well. The Dobern st territory was right across the freeway from CPL's. CPL's definately did not want BML's to move any further south in there area as it would encroach upon there territory.The real flare up was over a guy from BML's dating a girl that was with a guy from CPL's. I know their names but will not get into all that. I also know exactly who got hurt in that conflict but will not reveal that either. I simply wanted to set the record straight that it was a girl that really caused the beef! Basically a few months later the individual from CPL's found himself locked up on the 4th floor "Max", with an individual from BML's and they worked it out.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 7th, 2015, 7:12 pm

SJBP?

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 8th, 2015, 3:19 am

I guess San Jo Brown Pride! I can't say that I really remember them but dude was talking about them. Another thing on the side that I have noticed is VAN is still active. I have been able to see some recent pictures of them throwing up the VAN!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 8th, 2015, 10:13 am

silentwssj wrote:I guess San Jo Brown Pride! I can't say that I really remember them but dude was talking about them. Another thing on the side that I have noticed is VAN is still active. I have been able to see some recent pictures of them throwing up the VAN!
Oh wow, the van is still rolling. I remember at a time I thought they were gone, someone told me he was still representing van tho and looks like they're still doing the same. It's funny I was thinking San Jose Brown Pride also, but don't really recall the group. I do remember when the brown prider movement was going though and I'm thinking that's what they must have been. Don't remember much groups that claimed brown prider either, but they were around.

silentwssj
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by silentwssj » June 8th, 2015, 6:21 pm

Yep, the VAN is still rolling Lol! I wouldn't put to much I to the name SJBP. They were just Nortenos. Back in the day we frowned on the whole Brown Pride thing. What I mean by that is it is one thing to be a Brown Pride Norteno and another to just be a Brown Prider. We always felt that if you were part of a Brown Pride gang you were just trying to bang but who were your enemies? It doesn't make much sense right! We always thought they needed to pick a side and bang that. We also felt that most Brown Taggers were just undercover scraps!

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 8th, 2015, 10:21 pm

silentwssj wrote:Yep, the VAN is still rolling Lol! I wouldn't put to much I to the name SJBP. They were just Nortenos. Back in the day we frowned on the whole Brown Pride thing. What I mean by that is it is one thing to be a Brown Pride Norteno and another to just be a Brown Prider. We always felt that if you were part of a Brown Pride gang you were just trying to bang but who were your enemies? It doesn't make much sense right! We always thought they needed to pick a side and bang that. We also felt that most Brown Taggers were just undercover scraps!
I know what you mean, because some of those brown priders did seem like what we would call scrap sympathisizers and some so called sureños would hide behind brown pride. Basically, there was BS behind it. I think some really just liked the cholo style, but didn't want to take part in the whole north vs south. Maybe some brown priders weren't trying to play both sides of the fence, but there were those problems like we said.

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”