Grape Street resident became a lawyer

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Grape Street resident became a lawyer

Unread post by adelantosro » November 2nd, 2007, 9:26 pm

I remember hearing of a man living on Grape Street that refused to jump in even after several stabbings, shootings, and beatings. He went to college and became a deathrow lawyer. If anyone can remember this story or knows who he is would you please post it? I have heard of pastors and ministers but I just was reminded of this by a 12 yr old that is claiming Grape Street. He is a good kid and tests very high, I would like to give him something good to read about . His father is from LA and does show adress histories from the area but does not want his kids hurt. I could not find this anywhere on the net.

I am not allowed access to the LA sites yet so if anyone is allowed or from LA that can help thanks.

maxilion

Unread post by maxilion » November 13th, 2007, 7:21 pm

sorry i looked but couldnt find it, i know what you are talking about though.

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » November 18th, 2007, 10:59 am

Only another comment to keep it on top. I have 5 kids transfered from LA at one of my schools. They need to see both sides of the fence. I have some of their family to tell one side, but this attorney would be great to show another side. I am not one to say what is right or wrong for one family. I just want the kids to make a decision based on knowledge. I know this attorney must have written something about his life. If not him anyone else from the same type of life would do. These kids are closely related to watts and I was hoping to keep it local for them.

MiChuhSuh
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by MiChuhSuh » November 19th, 2007, 12:08 am

shox112 is from Watts and he is in UC Berkeley as a pre-law right now. He would be a good "success/future success" story hit him up

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » November 19th, 2007, 4:51 pm

MiChuhSuh wrote:shox112 is from Watts and he is in UC Berkeley as a pre-law right now. He would be a good "success/future success" story hit him up
you can also hit up WattsCrackin/Dubcity/EaztyDuzIt, hes currently a little kid residing in Vallejo, California, trying to act like hes from Grape Street, you can ask him questions about that :lol:

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » November 19th, 2007, 8:14 pm

thanks I will look for them and send pm. as for EaztyDuzIt he figured out from my sign on I might be bacon. Not the most intelligent out there. Then again if we don't let them vent here too we may not learn why the younger ones are so violent.

pistolslanga
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by pistolslanga » November 19th, 2007, 9:58 pm

adelantosro wrote:thanks I will look for them and send pm. as for EaztyDuzIt he figured out from my sign on I might be bacon. Not the most intelligent out there. Then again if we don't let them vent here too we may not learn why the younger ones are so violent.

lol it was a joke, Eaztyduzit/wattscrackin/dubcity is a known fake on this site that perpetrates and acts like hes from Grape Street.

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » November 20th, 2007, 12:41 pm

I only sent pm to the lawyer

FANTA
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Re: Grape Street resident became a lawyer

Unread post by FANTA » August 17th, 2008, 4:43 pm

honestly you got to be shitting me you telling me all you got to help this kid is that ones story... of a boy who refused to joingangs then became the lawyer the best you can come up with? wich you must of seen years ago? come dude if you care for this kids you need to step-up yourgame. Lot of so called "rolemodels" have also comed out the streets beat all odds(and they do have alot of them) theres some that even joined the gang.

adelantosro
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Unread post by adelantosro » August 20th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Role models come in all shapes. The priest that joined the gang to give guidance? The attorney to protect from within? The story about the attorney was he defied the rules about having to join but still cares for those he was abused by. He helped the neighborhood without joining the gang. Trust me role models are the most criticized. I will always believe joining a gang is a selfish choice. It seldom has saved a family, brought good fortune, encouraged education, brought anyone out of poverty or helped raise a family. 18 years as a cop now and all I have seen is go to jail by yourself and join yet another set inside. On the run on the lamb looking over your shoulder or watching out for your friends. The very few that have succeeded in fortune took it from someone else at a great price. No one made an honest wage out of it. Let's here how many became strong in a gang that could stand up in front of their church or in a school assembly and brag about making an honest $100k for their family because of the gang support. My point with this example was to show one man who stood up to the gang and pushed forward to make someone who could stand up in front of any assembly of people regardless of background and boast he lived in the hood and still became someone. IT was not easy and took a lot of work, but he did it.

So Fanta give me better examples; Show us known gang members( Not wannabe's) who made it. Show us a hard core member that became someone in spite of the gang membership or because of the gang membership. Heck I would never know who you were talking about but others here will definitely know. Once you are hard core you have shut the doors to success. The music industry aside I can think of no one nor have ever heard of anyone. 18 years talking with both pee-wees to the top dawg. I have tried but no one else seems to know of them. Let's see your role call. Doctors, lawyers, accountants, realtors, sales (not dope either) anything. BTW I have the list of famous musicians from gangs, not impressed with the wannabe's that made it.

FANTA
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by FANTA » August 21st, 2008, 9:37 pm

I understand what your saying "role models come in all shapes" what I'm saying is this....If your goal is to help out this "12 yr old that is claiming Grape Street" then you going to need more then a story about a resident of the Grape St. who never joined the gang and became a lawyer. I was once that 12 year old. It aint going to work!
I'm not from Grape St and the people from Grape Street I've met probly wouldn't be good examples of a "black kid from Grape St who beats all odd and goes back to school/invents some thing new/learns to use this talent he had that he didn't know off.... and is now making an honest $100k I can't help you but....Theres many of us, look it up. Alot of kids have joined a gang it's a national thing, or more international thing. I don't glorify it I just acknowledge it. I'm not ashamed of it. People have tried to make me feel ashamed. But I'm not evil we are not evil. It don't matter Brown, Black, Asians there someone who could "better" fit your example. I don't think its possible or true that theres no hope for us!!! I know that's not what you said that's how it feels.
Why would you think that? do you think we are all the same honestly? are police officers all the same? are you a racist cop? cause I've yet to find a cop in the street who didn't mad-dog us as we've played in the streets. I've yet to meet an officer who has testified on other corrupted cops without there being an ulterior motive. Do you go around shooting at any suspect that looks like they're holding something? did you plan drugs on my 17 year old cousin cause he refused to talk to you? did you drop of my lil brother in the other guys neighborhood? did you go to court and lie under oath to make that case stick to my uncle? are they all a bunch of men who got bullied at high school? Are they all ego tripping asshole. I disagree with your view of young kids who join gangs as being selfish. Firstly, kids at this age are still children and obviously are not capable of making sound decisions, secondly we need to look at the sociological perspective, some children have no other choice. They are either raised into this envrionment or have no other family to care for them besides the gang. I don't know your background, but remember not everyone grows up with the same advantages. Should we still blame these kids when it is our own society that is creating them. Now, to answer the question of successful gangsters. Yes, I have a very good example. I know a young man who is a gangmember of Pacoima. He did time in San Quentin, hearing this you would label him as violent right? Well this man now owns a lucrative business and is very wealthy. He has been featured on magazines to let you know how well he is doing. Not many people know about his personal life and his appearance does not look like what you might think a gangmember looks like. He now runs in the most influential circles in Los Angeles. Oh yeah he was an illegal immigrant. My wife is a pre-law UCLA student who grew with the same backgroun, my bestfriend Bully open up a lawfirm, One of my best friend is a now a Paramedic, a friend who are now pro-Paintball players, a friend who became a math teacher for a middle school,....get my drift?

madcowonacid
What city do you live in now?: los angeles

Unread post by madcowonacid » September 4th, 2008, 10:26 am

i was jumped into a gang when i was 13, now im going to USC for my masters of science
=)

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”