Black and Brown Beef in Nor Cal?

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
all eyes on me
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Rivercity

Black and Brown Beef in Nor Cal?

Unread post by all eyes on me » May 17th, 2008, 10:55 am

Fellas, I use to Live in San Jo for a few years. Recently reolcated to So Cal (Riverside) where we all know the black and brown issued is out of control. Is there a major issue with Black/Brown In Oaktown or surrounding areas?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: SJ

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » May 17th, 2008, 2:31 pm

Nothing like down there.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: Sacramento

Re: Black and Brown Beef in Nor Cal?

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 16th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Agree with Rudog. Nothing like LA, but there's drama sometimes. Lots of older Mexicans up here tend to be racist against blacks as well as whites, but most of the younger ones are cool with blacks. Even the older ones never let it get to the point of warfare. The Norteno/black prison alliance could have a lot to do with that, too. From what I'm seeing, even Surenos up here tend to adopt hip hop culture, far more so than LA Surenos.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: 408

Unread post by ~J~ » June 16th, 2008, 2:48 pm

I agree with you guys but sometimes things weren't all rosey between Mexicans and Blacks. truth be told, most the 408 Homies that I knew didn't care much for Brothas, there were squabbles between Enes and Blacks but nothing too serious. the new generation is a different story but we know all about that so there need to get into it. I can't really speak for Oakland but SF/East Bay Enes probably get along the best with Blacks.. but don't buy too much into the Prison alliances, that's just a means of survival and making money but obviously the Northsiders and Brothas have a bit easier time getting along 'cause of it on good terms. I think the older Ene Homies are neutral with regards to Brothas but of course some get along better and some didn't.

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: USA

Unread post by bayarearep » June 17th, 2008, 12:22 am

nortenos and black folks we're beefin in east oakland in the late 80's early 90s

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 17th, 2008, 1:17 am

~J~ wrote: the new generation is a different story but we know all about that so there need to get into it.
No, get into it. What's that all about? Why's the new generation of Nortenos a lot more aligned with blacks than older Nortenos? This is the perfect thread for it. Give us your take.

all eyes on me
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: Rivercity

Unread post by all eyes on me » June 17th, 2008, 6:26 am

I know most of the drama down here (So Cal) is due to the Mexican Mafia's orders to rid Hispanc gangs and neighborhoods of blacks. I've talked to a few Hispanic guys that live in mixed neighborhoods that say they really dont have any issues with blacks. But when they go to prision they have to choose a side.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 18th, 2008, 3:00 pm

StillNoScript wrote:
~J~ wrote: the new generation is a different story but we know all about that so there need to get into it.
No, get into it. What's that all about? Why's the new generation of Nortenos a lot more aligned with blacks than older Nortenos? This is the perfect thread for it. Give us your take.
Idk know what's been up w/you lately, but just think about it.

StillNoScript
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by StillNoScript » June 18th, 2008, 7:19 pm

Sounds like you don't have the answer, Rudog.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » June 18th, 2008, 9:42 pm

StillNoScript wrote:Sounds like you don't have the answer, Rudog.

I'll let him answer it if he wants to, but I think I know where he was hinting at & I'm surprised if you haven't noticed.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » June 18th, 2008, 11:26 pm

I just don't wanna sound like a broken record, I've touched on this before, it's all there in the old threads.. but if someone else wants to give an opinion, it might make me think of something else to add or at least word my opinion with something more interesting.

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 4th, 2008, 3:32 pm

Check out the contrast in demeanor even among some of the older Ene's from SF & the Interviewer/East Bay vs San Jo/Valley towns - X4 Homies.

Looks like there's maybe some NSSJ-ERS/VSJ-ERS.

The Age factor is slowly becoming a not factor with regards to Old-School vs New-School Norteno demeanor and is becoming more about the city/area you're from.

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » July 6th, 2008, 10:43 am

~J~ wrote:

Check out the contrast in demeanor even among some of the older Ene's from SF & the Interviewer/East Bay vs San Jo/Valley towns - X4 Homies.

The Age factor is slowly becoming a not factor with regards to Old-School vs New-School Norteno demeanor and is becoming more about the city/area you're from.
Central Valley Nortenos are the least hip hop, most authentic cholo. I have family in Porterville, CA and the Poros varrios are keeping it Chicano.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 6th, 2008, 2:39 pm

~J~ wrote:

Did you notice some of the comments that video used to have? A lot of them sounded like this guy:
In that video it sounded like 1 of them said San Jo Grande & 1 said Varrio San Jo. That looked like my old school homie named Johnny, that was reppen VSJ. He's from ESSJ & I don't remember ever hearing he joined VSJ, but you never know...

Silencioso
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: West Los

Unread post by Silencioso » July 7th, 2008, 3:44 pm

^^^Please no more gay sh*t.

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange County

Unread post by TVo » July 9th, 2008, 11:13 am

Its always been like that in the bay. East Bay and Frisco homies have always sound black. 408 Homies for the most part and south to Salas, Gilas and to the Vallys has always sounded more chicano than black. But from what I'm hearing San Jo is turning more into the hip hop generation but those so called hip hoppers aren't what I would consider front line Norte Bangers.

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 9th, 2008, 4:14 pm

i'm sorry but until that gay shit happened that video had me ROLLIN

That video of the dude from Hunter's Point talking to the Northsiders was very cool too

More shit like that needs to happen, more so than this stuff on National Geographic and all types of other channels about the Inside, he's treating them like humans

TVo
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Orange County

Unread post by TVo » July 9th, 2008, 5:40 pm

Growing up in the 80's we used to beef with crips but were cool with Bloods. (about the only bloods I had ever seen were South Side Bloods from San Jo and Mid Town Hogs from EPA.
We squabbed with Sunnyvale Crips until they disbanded and Sunnyvale was only Nortenos and then the Surenos moved into the poor parts of the city.
We were cool with blacks until they started clicking up and trying to make some funk, but that ended real quick. But back in the early 80's when were started listening to rap, the veteranos would give us a hard time since they would only listen to oldies and would ask us why we were listening to the nigger music.
For us it was NWA and Easy E I was bumping Dope Man that whole summer, ah, memories.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 9th, 2008, 8:06 pm

Cold Bear wrote:i'm sorry but until that gay shit happened that video had me ROLLIN

That video of the dude from Hunter's Point talking to the Northsiders was very cool too

More shit like that needs to happen, more so than this stuff on National Geographic and all types of other channels about the Inside, he's treating them like humans
At least some of that gay stuff was covered, but I know a lot of people don't like seeing that. I think he should of at least left the gay part there less longer. He called that video "surenos pride". I guess he's saying that Surenos are proud of being racist, or being kool with racists & how some of them are gay. Also after the gay stuff it shows a shooting that a South Sider did & some seem proud of it. They guy who did the shooting looked scared to fight, because a Norteno was whooping his homies as & the security guard was trying to break it up. The Sureno doesn't even know how to shoot right, so he shoots all 3 of them. The guy you thought was from HP, is actually from SFM & his name is GoldToes. HP is almost nothing, but blacks.

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by bayarearep » July 11th, 2008, 12:29 am

gold toes ain't from HP he's from Diamond Heights...

Cold Bear
Heavy Weight
Heavy Weight
What city do you live in now?: New York City

Unread post by Cold Bear » July 11th, 2008, 7:05 am

Oh when he was talking about doing work in HP I assumed he was also from there. Dude is a rapper too?

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 11th, 2008, 10:01 am

I don't think GoldToes raps. I think he's a producer & I could've sworn I've heard him represent SFM.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 12th, 2008, 10:23 am

Well look at this GoldToes commercial I found today:

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » July 12th, 2008, 10:25 am

I never thought he would release a solo, because he didn't seem like much of a rapper.

bayarearep
Middle Weight
Middle Weight

Unread post by bayarearep » July 12th, 2008, 7:29 pm

i don't know about him and SFM...he a mission dude but he reps Diamond Heights that's where he from
solid dude!!!

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » July 15th, 2008, 4:29 pm

TVo wrote:Its always been like that in the bay. East Bay and Frisco homies have always sound black. 408 Homies for the most part and south to Salas, Gilas and to the Vallys has always sounded more chicano than black. But from what I'm hearing San Jo is turning more into the hip hop generation but those so called hip hoppers aren't what I would consider front line Norte Bangers.
You got that right. you get a mixed bag of youngsters these days some schooled in tradition.. others or fakes representing the Bay Area, while older Homies never do. San Jo Enes nowadays are at a crossroad with tradition and the ever growning Bay influence.

As far as the most authentic Nortenos.. same could be said for Northern and Central Coast towns with tradition and away from big city influences. but let's face it.. hip-hop resides even in these towns.

chupon106
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Texas
What city do you live in now?: Mission TX

Unread post by chupon106 » September 10th, 2008, 8:25 pm

I've never been to Califas but I can answer the question in 2 seconds why younger nortenos get along better with blacks then older nortenos. This is comng from a Mexican/Chicano. There's a big culture clash when it comes to the more CULTURALLY Mexican raza. American blacks have a very unique culture that not only Mexicans dislike but a very large percentage of most ethnicities that are not from the US. The younger Mexicans that were born and raised in the US grew up with American culture which is significantly influenced by blacks now a days. So that's just normal for them. Like it or not, that's the truth.

MMRbkaRudog
Super Heavy Weight
Super Heavy Weight

Unread post by MMRbkaRudog » September 11th, 2008, 1:52 pm

chupon106 wrote:I've never been to Califas but I can answer the question in 2 seconds why younger nortenos get along better with blacks then older nortenos. This is comng from a Mexican/Chicano. There's a big culture clash when it comes to the more CULTURALLY Mexican raza. American blacks have a very unique culture that not only Mexicans dislike but a very large percentage of most ethnicities that are not from the US. The younger Mexicans that were born and raised in the US grew up with American culture which is significantly influenced by blacks now a days. So that's just normal for them. Like it or not, that's the truth.
That is partly true.

htown11

Unread post by htown11 » October 11th, 2008, 9:22 pm

chupon106 wrote:I've never been to Califas but I can answer the question in 2 seconds why younger nortenos get along better with blacks then older nortenos. This is comng from a Mexican/Chicano. There's a big culture clash when it comes to the more CULTURALLY Mexican raza. American blacks have a very unique culture that not only Mexicans dislike but a very large percentage of most ethnicities that are not from the US. The younger Mexicans that were born and raised in the US grew up with American culture which is significantly influenced by blacks now a days. So that's just normal for them. Like it or not, that's the truth.
but the thing is...even the hispanic gangs in SO CAL are influenced by blacks...they have guys being racist while RAPPING. Most of the words from "fool" to "homey" which are big for so cal hispanics are from black culture. The Zuit Suits are from blacks, a lot of the oldies that they like are from blacks...

~J~
Light Heavy Weight
Light Heavy Weight

Unread post by ~J~ » October 20th, 2008, 11:41 am

htown11 wrote: but the thing is...even the hispanic gangs in SO CAL are influenced by blacks...they have guys being racist while RAPPING. Most of the words from "fool" to "homey" which are big for so cal hispanics are from black culture. The Zuit Suits are from blacks, a lot of the oldies that they like are from blacks...
We all know about the zoot suit and a lot of the oldies, however, Latin oldies and Spanish music was and still is listened to by Pachucos/Cholos. Get this straight: "Fool" descended from a Latin word, and I bet you they were using the word in England long before any Brotha was using "Foo" in the states.
The slang word "Homie" not "Homeboy" probably came from the SW Chicanos.

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by dubts » October 27th, 2008, 11:09 pm

MMRbkaRudog wrote:
Cold Bear wrote:i'm sorry but until that gay shit happened that video had me ROLLIN

At least some of that gay stuff was covered, but I know a lot of people don't like seeing that. I think he should of at least left the gay part there less longer. He called that video "surenos pride". I guess he's saying that Surenos are proud of being racist, or being kool with racists & how some of them are gay. Also after the gay stuff it shows a shooting that a South Sider did & some seem proud of it. They guy who did the shooting looked scared to fight, because a Norteno was whooping his homies as & the security guard was trying to break it up. The Sureno doesn't even know how to shoot right, so he shoots all 3 of them. The guy you thought was from HP, is actually from SFM & his name is GoldToes. HP is almost nothing, but blacks.
they were listenin to oldies that were made by blacs yet they told ya'll why u listenin to n*gger music? smh....

dubts
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Unread post by dubts » October 27th, 2008, 11:12 pm

~J~ wrote:
htown11 wrote: but the thing is...even the hispanic gangs in SO CAL are influenced by blacks...they have guys being racist while RAPPING. Most of the words from "fool" to "homey" which are big for so cal hispanics are from black culture. The Zuit Suits are from blacks, a lot of the oldies that they like are from blacks...
We all know about the zoot suit and a lot of the oldies, however, Latin oldies and Spanish music was and still is listened to by Pachucos/Cholos. Get this straight: "Fool" descended from a Latin word, and I bet you they were using the word in England long before any Brotha was using "Foo" in the states.
The slang word "Homie" not "Homeboy" probably came from the SW Chicanos.
lmaoooooo @ fool descended from a latin word
smh @ this clown....... wow

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”