Esteban Nunez son of Fabian Nunez (former California State A

This section will discuss the West, defined by the following states; Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
Forum rules
Excluding Los Angeles, discuss all other California cities and counties.
alexalonso
Founder
Founder
If in the United States: California
What city do you live in now?: Los Angeles

Esteban Nunez son of Fabian Nunez (former California State A

Unread post by alexalonso » September 16th, 2009, 10:09 pm

Klaxon wrote:I've also heard rumors that Antonio Villaraigosa was gang-affiliated, but never knew what set. Does anyone know if Fabian Nunez (former California State Assemblyman) is gang-affiliated? He grew up in Logan Heights, SD as a kid.

His son, Esteban Nunez, is apparently affiliated to a gang called The Hazard Crew (THC). In 2008 he and 3 other members of the gang were arrested for fatally stabbing some guy in SD. He entered a Not Guilty plea but the trial has yet to happen. Anyone heard of The Hazard Crew and know what their deal is? From their pictures it seems like its a multi-racial gang from Los Angeles/Sacramento.

======================
======================
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/dec/04/local/me-nunez4

Reporting from Sacramento and San Diego Patrick Mcgreevy -- Esteban Nuñez, the son of former California Assembly Speaker Fabian Nuñez, and three other men arrested in a fatal stabbing of a college student in San Diego fit the definition of a criminal street gang, police said in search warrants released today.

Nuñez and his companions identified themselves as members of The Hazard Crew, known as THC, according to the documents. THC is an abbreviation for the active chemical ingredient in marijuana. Nuñez, 19, has a biohazard symbol on his right arm, and the other defendants have similar tattoos, police said.

Nuñez and another defendant talked about how they learned to gang up on victims and take turns punching them, according to a woman who talked to the four defendants in the hours before the Oct. 4 killing.

The four are accused of murder in the death of 22-year-old Luis Dos Santos, a Mesa College student, after a night of drinking at a party near San Diego State University.

San Diego Police Capt. Jim Collins said the defendants, all from the Sacramento area, did not know Santos and his four friends but taunted them and attacked them with knives.

A friend of the four defendants, who had seen them drinking beer and rum and talking in belligerent tones, told police that they were angry at being refused entry to a fraternity party.

"She recalls the group boasting about fighting the fraternity brothers that would not let them into the party," according to a search warrant. "She stated the group would go back and burn the house down. One of the males in the group stated: 'Let's show them how we do it in Sac Town,' " referring to Sacramento.

Nuñez is a business student at Sacramento City College and attended California State Los Angeles for a year, according to representatives for the campuses.

He attended Rio Americano High School near Sacramento his senior year and graduated in 2007, said a school spokesman. He also went to Christian Brothers High School in Sacramento and Damien High School in LaVerne, his MySpace profile indicates.

Jill Bennett, the athletic director at Christian Brothers, recalled that Nuñez and his sister were at the private school for only a short time and that he was a "fairly quiet" student.

On his MySpace page, Nuñez lists his heroes as farmworker organizer Cesar Chavez and rapper Tupac Shakur, who was shot to death. His list of favorite movies includes "Scarface" and "Gang Related."
=====================================
=====================================

I noticed that this gang, The Hazard Crew in San Diego has the same Hazard tattoo that Big Hazard in LA has.

kings
Straw Weight
Straw Weight

Re: Esteban Nunez son of Fabian Nunez (former California State A

Unread post by kings » September 17th, 2009, 6:31 pm

IM FROM SAC AND HAVE NEVER HEARD OF THC. THERE NOT THE SAME GANG FROM EAST LA THE HAZARD. HIS HEROES ARE CESAR CHAVEZ WHICH ALL NORTENOS REPRESENT.

yardstick
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: Dago

Unread post by yardstick » October 2nd, 2009, 2:23 pm

alexalonso wrote:
I noticed that this gang, The Hazard Crew in San Diego has the same Hazard tattoo that Big Hazard in LA has.
I don't think that's a gang from San Diego. Isn't that a Sacramento thing? Never heard of them being from Dago. But who knows, San Diego has had a history of wanna be gangs that were kick started by well off kids.

Windansea Surf Rats
Bird Rock Bandits
Hilltop Posse
Death Wish Kids
BBH Crew
etc...

It seems like some well off kids start party crews, and then try to take it the next level when they get bored. Unfortunately, as in the case of BRB, sometimes things can go a little to far.

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 2nd, 2009, 3:44 pm

theres a gang in whittier called bbh,brown brotherhood

BullaBritches
Straw Weight
Straw Weight
What city do you live in now?: SOUTH BAY SAN DIEGO

Unread post by BullaBritches » October 2nd, 2009, 8:27 pm

not the same as that san diego party crew BBH. BBH is mostly from the rich parts of chula vista (eastlake....east j street, rolling hills ranch..otay ranch).

MENACE18
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
If in the United States: Arkansas
What city do you live in now?: LOS ANGELES

Unread post by MENACE18 » October 3rd, 2009, 12:40 am

nah i know it aint the same,i was just lettin ppl know bout whittier bbh

scrub1819
Middle Weight
Middle Weight
What city do you live in now?: San Diego

Unread post by scrub1819 » October 11th, 2009, 10:37 am

there's a tagger crew[not gang] in SD called THC i used to see a lot of hit ups in Eastside near Hoover.
i doubt its the same THC tho, since the guy is from Sacramento.

Return to “Gang Questions, Info & News - West Coast - U.S.A.”